PDA

View Full Version : Support today

Gerrintaethem
19-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Sounded good on the radio, they said 700-1000 there, Nade song could be heard :notworthy:

Brilliant support considering a week before christmas, a chance he game could be off, freezing conditions and snow, long journey. GGTTH :top marks

MSK
19-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Sounded good on the radio, they said 700-1000 there, Nade song could be heard :notworthy:

Brilliant support considering a week before christmas, a chance he game could be off, freezing conditions and snow, long journey. GGTTH :top marksHibs support today ..:top marks...:notworthy:

hfc rd
19-12-2009, 06:28 PM
The hibs support did there role as the 12th man really well today. :top marks:notworthy:.

marinello59
19-12-2009, 07:27 PM
A fantastically vocal support today. Best fun I have at at Pittodrie in years.:thumbsup:

banchoryhibs
19-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Great atmosphere for the 90 minutes:agree:

It's the first game for years where I've been standing for the whole game :thumbsup: Let's have more of this:top marks

bigstu
19-12-2009, 07:44 PM
I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO COLD IN MY LIFE, UNBELIEVEABLE!

still enjoyed it though, hail hail

GreenCastle
19-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Well done all who made the trip :agree:

Sounded good on the radio :top marks

Hopefully good crowds at the next games -

Huns - home

St J - stones throw away

Wee team - home

marinello59
19-12-2009, 08:48 PM
The Hibs, the Hibs, the Hibs are on fire!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::notworthy :

Bob Box Fish
19-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Well done guys.

Came through clear on radio.

forthhibby
19-12-2009, 08:50 PM
A fantastically vocal support today. Best fun I have at at Pittodrie in years.:thumbsup:

best i've heard in ages

from

the sheep is on fire

to

the hibs are on fire

to

you's should have gone xmas shopping (and bought a new manager)

to

vlad-i-mar rom-anov

:notworthy:

Hibeescott
19-12-2009, 08:55 PM
best i've heard in ages

from

the sheep is on fire

to

the hibs are on fire

to

to

vlad-i-mar rom-anov

Yeah were some class chants today!! Most I have enjoyed an away game for a long time, hibs support were fantastic.

...WentToMowAnSPL
19-12-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm now ... finally .. WARM !

M8UDB
19-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Just got the feeling back in my toes and that was with a 2 and a half hour drive with the heating blasting!!! Quality away game though, atmosphere was the best ive heard in a while :thumbsup::thumbsup:

woodythehibee
19-12-2009, 09:33 PM
that was one of the best atmosphere's this season. Fanstastic.

The home support was awful.

Big Frank
19-12-2009, 09:38 PM
I was there.

Didnae feel the cold once.

I think it was because the Hibs were on fire:agree:

hibbytam
19-12-2009, 09:41 PM
best i've heard in ages

from

the sheep is on fire

to

the hibs are on fire

to

to

vlad-i-mar rom-anov

My particular favourite was 'lets all laugh at mark McGee' followed by 'you should have went to the jambos'

Would have been more fun if it wasn't so cold.

stokesmessiah
19-12-2009, 09:43 PM

Im Only just able to type now....thought i had frostbite in my fingers...worth the pain.

Also, took my daughter to her first ever match today...she sat through the whole thing and loved it, not once did she moan about being cold....despite her lips turning blue !!!

TornadoHibby
19-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Great atmosphere for the 90 minutes:agree:

It's the first game for years where I've been standing for the whole game :thumbsup: Let's have more of this:top marks

:top marks

Agree with both - took me around an hour to warm up after the match and we were back at a friends' house within 30 minutes of the final whistle! :wink:

Newhaven
19-12-2009, 09:58 PM
I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO COLD IN MY LIFE,

:agree:

Frozen chairs and slippy steps as well :grr:

Superb support today :top marks

SvenNeil
19-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Well done to all who made the game today

:not worth:not worth:not worth:applause::applause::applause:

Harpandcastle
19-12-2009, 11:50 PM
On the downside,young blades singing the Hibs are having a party etc, come on young guns, we know who's song that is. Don't copy that lot, be original, be the daddy.

Hainan Hibs
20-12-2009, 12:02 AM
Being based in Aberdeen I was really looking forward to this game and loved the atmosphere, singing from start to finish, and some great chants and everyone getting behind the team:thumbsup:.

Should've maybe avoided the pre-match pints though as a result of me ending up on the floor when we scored the 2nd:greengrin

poolman
20-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Im Only just able to type now....thought i had frostbite in my fingers...worth the pain.

Also, took my daughter to her first ever match today...she sat through the whole thing and loved it, not once did she moan about being cold....despite her lips turning blue !!!

You should have went to Deeks hoose to watch it :greengrin

Alicky Ranks
20-12-2009, 12:29 AM
Me and my brother were there after a stag night in Fraserburgh on Friday. Brutal hangover made worse by the cold but it's amazing what a Hibs win can do for the recovery process :greengrin

basehibby
20-12-2009, 02:00 AM
Was listening on and off on the radio and every time I tuned in the Hibees support came through loud and clear,

Well done to all who braved the snow to cheer on the Hibs at the icebox that is Pittodrie today :thumbsup:

PS - the home support could also be heard - whinging moaning and swearing - who can blame them though with the toothless pish that Magoo has been churning out for them this season so far :asshole:

Baw187
20-12-2009, 02:25 AM
Best away game in a while for atmosphere. Indon't think anyone sat down in the Hibs end for the entire game. Nae wonder tho given how Baltic it was. I took a video of the weather as we walked to the game and it was horrendous. The old hibees soon perked me up tho!

Some great chants and enjoyed the 90 min sing song!

.Sean.
20-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Superb support, great atmosphere, quality chants, 3 points, standing for 90 minutes... Doesnae get any better :thumbsup:

The Hibs, the Hibs, the Hibs are on FIRE!!!!

Daz1875
20-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Been to Aberdeen twice now and was warm first time and yesterday i have never ever been so cold but amazing chants and day got better and better with a great victory and Lee Miller being sent off after we all wound him up during his warm up :) also topped off with one of our guys getting Sol's top at the end of the game when he stripped off

:thumbsup:

Hibs90
20-12-2009, 12:35 PM
THE HIBS THE HIBS THE HIBS ARE ON FIRE :thumbsup:

Steve20
20-12-2009, 12:55 PM
It was brilliant. Best away atmosphere of the season. "The Hibs, The Hibs, The Hibs are on fire" and "You should have went christmas shopping" were superb. :thumbsup:

ski1875
20-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Verry cold wht a trip when your hungover too great support tho classic chants . the result made it all worth while !! green army !!

Antifa Hibs
20-12-2009, 02:43 PM
As has been said, support was *** excellent yesterday. Stood for 90 minutes, non stop singing for 90 minutes.

The sheep are on fire :greengrin:duck:

Mikey
20-12-2009, 02:48 PM
The Hibs, the Hibs, the Hibs are on fire!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::notworthy :

best i've heard in ages

from

the sheep is on fire

to

the hibs are on fire..........

.......... the Hibs were on fire:agree:

The Hibs, the Hibs, the Hibs are on FIRE!!!!

THE HIBS THE HIBS THE HIBS ARE ON FIRE :thumbsup:

Funniest chant of the day was when Deek was subbed near the end.........

Yer hoose, yer hoose, yer hoose is on fire :greengrin

lyonhibs
20-12-2009, 04:03 PM
As has been said, support was *** excellent yesterday. Stood for 90 minutes, non stop singing for 90 minutes.

The sheep are on fire :greengrin:duck:

:dizzy: AntiFa Hibs actually praising the Hibs support.

You brave souls must have really pulled a perfomrance out the bag to be worthy of that ultimate praise!!!??

:greengrin

Well done to all that made the trip - I can only imagine how cold it was in the away corner, but it sounds like you more than made up for that with the singing!!

Nakedmanoncrack
20-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Brilliant support, brilliant atmosphere. Surprised nobody has been on to complain about the 'Sheep song' though.

Antifa Hibs
20-12-2009, 08:43 PM
:dizzy: AntiFa Hibs actually praising the Hibs support.

You brave souls must have really pulled a perfomrance out the bag to be worthy of that ultimate praise!!!??

Well done to all that made the trip - I can only imagine how cold it was in the away corner, but it sounds like you more than made up for that with the singing!!

I was starting to get a reputation as a grumpy barsteward, don't know how though :greengrin

BTW did anyone see the sheep ****ger with the union flag in the RDS lower? What a confuded little soul :faf:

CapitalHibs
21-12-2009, 01:41 AM
Jings you lads should really learn to dress for the cauld. It's been -22 here in Quebec (mild to what Calgary Hibs has experienced) but the Alberta Hibbies will agree, layering is the secret- Thermal socks, Thinsulate lined boots, thermal undies, t-shirt, fleece zip-up, Thermal lightweight parka with hood good to -50, ski mask, thermal gloves and a tuque for yer heid and over yer ears. That'll sort ye:thumbsup:

Part/Time Supporter
21-12-2009, 07:21 AM
Jings you lads should really learn to dress for the cauld. It's been -22 here in Quebec (mild to what Calgary Hibs has experienced) but the Alberta Hibbies will agree, layering is the secret- Thermal socks, Thinsulate lined boots, thermal undies, t-shirt, fleece zip-up, Thermal lightweight parka with hood good to -50, ski mask, thermal gloves and a tuque for yer heid and over yer ears. That'll sort ye:thumbsup:

You sound like Shrek there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZnztwiWZo4

Joe Baker II
21-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Taking 700 + to Aberdeen given weather time and year pretty decent, sounded good on radio, impressed with anyone who went up. Can see big support at Perth next week, we could outnumber home fans.

Newhaven
21-12-2009, 12:06 PM
we could outnumber home fans.

The saints only had 2,993 there on saturday so without sounding arrogant I dont think outnumbering them will be hard

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Maybe I am just showing my age but I have never, ever been as cold as that up at Pittodrie ever. Must have had four or five bovrils at least and I would swear it was still pissing iced-stock cubes at half time. Even back to the days when we got the old beach end, it was warmer then.

Keith_M
21-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Maybe I am just showing my age but I have never, ever been as cold as that up at Pittodrie ever. Must have had four or five bovrils at least and I would swear it was still pissing iced-stock cubes at half time. Even back to the days when we got the old beach end, it was warmer then.

I always remember the Beach End as being closed in, protecting you from the elements. The South Stand is really open, with nothing blocking you from the wind that comes in from the sea.

GreenCastle
21-12-2009, 01:07 PM
The saints only had 2,993 there on saturday so without sounding arrogant I dont think outnumbering them will be hard

Would expect at least 3000 in Perth :agree:

caithnesshibee
21-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Excellent support on saturday, dont think I have ever been so cold before though.:greengrin To cap it all off we managed to get stuck in Inverness on the way home and didnt make it home until 2pm yesterday. It was all worth it though.:thumbsup:

Joe Baker II
22-12-2009, 09:49 AM

Like us being Saturday before Christmas and abymsal weather affected their crowd (plus St Mirren on poor run would not have helped) and festive football brings out higher crowds normally. They have been getting 4,000 normally for home games and if we match that next week we will be doing well - think we can though.

And to be fair to Saints unlike a lot of clubs they probably stated crowd accurately - just watched English Division 1 highlights and looked at stated crowds, takes some believing!