PDA

View Full Version : Bamba offski? (giving his shirt to fans after the game)

H18sry
19-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Big Sol threw his shirt and the likes into the Hibs fans at the end of the game, is that his way of saying cheerio to us. :dunno:

Bob1875
19-12-2009, 05:08 PM
You having a laugh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billychaotic182
19-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Big Sol threw his shirt and the likes into the Hibs fans at the end of the game, is that his way of saying cheerio to us. :dunno:

It was Cheerio. He's not going to be back till Feb

zlatan
19-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Saying goodbye for now, he'll be back in February.

Good luck Solly B, hope the Ivory Coast stroll to African Nations glory :thumbsup:

H18sry
19-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Saying goodbye for now, he'll be back in February.

Good luck Solly B, hope the Ivory Coast stroll to African Nations glory :thumbsup:

I hope so but rumour has it he will be away by the end of January :cool2:

soupy
19-12-2009, 05:24 PM

aye Liverpool:blah:

hfc rd
19-12-2009, 05:26 PM

The Ivory Coast manager said that he should stay with Hibs for the next 2 seasons, as he would still be getting his game, because if he was to go now he would be a benchwarmer and would therfore be dropped for the national side.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-12-2009, 05:30 PM
The Ivory Coast manager said that he should stay with Hibs for the next 2 seasons, as he would still be getting his game, because if he was to go now he would be a benchwarmer and would therfore be dropped for the national side.

Sounds like a sensible chap

RoYO!
19-12-2009, 05:32 PM
bamba sale = east stand redevelopment?

wonder if any notes of interest in Bamba have raised a few boardroom eyebrows, or more to the point tweaked a few moustaches??

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2009, 06:27 PM
The best centre half in the SPL by a long way. Well done mixu, for spotting this lads potential.:top marks

PaulSmith
19-12-2009, 06:34 PM
The best centre half in the SPL by a long way. Well done mixu, for spotting this lads potential.:top marks

And I can still hear Allan Preston pishing himself laughing at Hibs signing him :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2009, 06:45 PM
And I can still hear Allan Preston pishing himself laughing at Hibs signing him :greengrin

The guys a fud. :jamboak: Whenever Bamba played against us, i always thought he was Dunfermlines best player, and always did very well against us. I had no idea he was this good though.:thumbsup:

Expecting Rain
19-12-2009, 06:48 PM

Yeah, a Mixu signing along with Riordan and Murray.:wink:

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Yeah, a Mixu signing along with Riordan and Murray.:wink:

Yip, all mixu's signings.:thumbsup: A good job we have Yogi in charge now, someone who knows how to play them.:wink:

Toaods
19-12-2009, 06:55 PM
The guys a fud. :jamboak: Whenever Bamba played against us, i always thought he was Dunfermlines best player, and always did very well against us. I had no idea he was this good though.:thumbsup:

..he wasn't. :wink:

GreenCastle
19-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Bamba = class

Will be missed over the next few weeks but will give someone else a chance to shine.

Imagine going from playing in the snow against fuds like Lee Miller to linking up alongside Toure and Drogba.

Hope they do well for his sake but if they get beaten does that not mean he returns earlier ?

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2009, 07:02 PM
..he wasn't. :wink:

Of course you are right, i'm forgetting he never played alongside someone as good as his current partner.:devil:

Toaods
19-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Of course you are right, i'm forgetting he never played alongside someone as good as his current partner.:devil:

:tee hee:

.. I think it's more down to being in an improving team and away from constant relegation struggles where his lunging tackles were treated more harshly.

frazeHFC
19-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Better not leave, we should keep him until he's proved himself by scoring the winner in the World Cup final then bigger clubs will come calling :agree:

The_Sauz
19-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Better not leave, we should keep him until he's proved himself by scoring the winner in the World Cup final then bigger clubs will come calling :agree:
And why would he want to go to the Yams :grr:

:greengrin

Mikey
19-12-2009, 10:11 PM
One of the lads who was with us on the train got his shirt at the end. Bamba was asked if he staying at Hibs and he said he "had to go".

I wouldn't be surprised if we've seen the last of him.

On the flip side I suspect we've got someone lined up. Barr probably.

Frazerbob
19-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Absolutely no doubt in my mind that was Sol's final game for us. His reaction at the end said it all. He gave away his shirt, t-shirt and vest then hugged loads of fans. I was in the main stand and he was very close to tears as went up the tunnel and got a big hug from Yogi. It was not the reaction of a man whowas going away for a few weeks.

He is offski in January, no question! :boo hoo::boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Absolutely no doubt in my mind that was Sol's final game for us. His reaction at the end said it all. He gave away his shirt, t-shirt and vest then hugged loads of fans. I was in the main stand and he was very close to tears as went up the tunnel and got a big hug from Yogi. It was not the reaction of a man whowas going away for a few weeks.

I hope you are wrong FB, as unless we are getting a huge amount, i'd have thought the summer was the best time for both him and Hibs to part company.

millarco
19-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Would love to see him stay til the summer but he'll probably be away in January, money in the bank from an EPL team. Here's hoping he's the only one that leaves. Can't see Barr coming, he's destined for England as well. More likely to be one of the trialists from the last couple of weeks IMO.

BEEJ
19-12-2009, 10:22 PM

Suspected for a while that's the case. He'll be difficult to replace.

Frazerbob
19-12-2009, 10:22 PM
I hope you are wrong FB, as unless we are getting a huge amount, i'd have thought the summer was the best time for both him and Hibs to part company.

Totally agree. Like most on here, I think we should hold onto him until the World Cup in the hope that he has a stormer and we can add a couple of noughts to the asking price. Unfortunately, today told a different story.

Lofarl
19-12-2009, 10:37 PM
The match highlights are now up on the hibs website. I found it interesting that bamba gave his shirt away at the end of the match to a happy hibee.

Could this be because its his last match? Will we cash in on him during the African cup?

Overall a decent hibs performance. Roll on the 27th

Bob Box Fish
19-12-2009, 10:47 PM
There was also a comment in an interview with jh last week about him going out with a bang.

My gut feeling is that he has played his last game for us.

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Totally agree. Like most on here, I think we should hold onto him until the World Cup in the hope that he has a stormer and we can add a couple of noughts to the asking price. Unfortunately, today told a different story.

Just seen the highlights on HI, and agree with you mate, it does look from those pictures, that he's not coming back.:boo hoo:

Criswell
19-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Lost count of the amount of times Rob Jones threw his jersey into the crowd after playing his "last game".

Toaods
19-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Lost count of the amount of times Rob Jones threw his jersey into the crowd after playing his "last game".

apart from the fact that Jones was much older, has less pace and never saw a World Cup Finals I tend to agree with you...:greengrin

joe_hfc
20-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Big big loss to both Hibs, and Scottish Football if he's off. If players like Shelton Martis could hold their own against the Premierships elite, what the **** are they going to do against Bamba, especially once he's peaked in 2/3 years?? He's still rouch around the edges, but he would be a very good investment for most premiership clubs!!

I don't see why he'd be sold just now though, surely the club coud get a bigger fee after he's been in the shop window with his country a while longer, and has developed even further at Hibs?

Shrekko
20-12-2009, 12:59 AM
Big big loss to both Hibs, and Scottish Football if he's off. If players like Shelton Martis could hold their own against the Premierships elite, what the **** are they going to do against Bamba, especially once he's peaked in 2/3 years?? He's still rouch around the edges, but he would be a very good investment for most premiership clubs!!

I don't see why he'd be sold just now though, surely the club coud get a bigger fee after he's been in the shop window with his country a while longer, and has developed even further at Hibs?

The club wont get a bigger fee if he stays longer- he only has 18 months on his contract as it is.

Not saying I hope he goes, but... the closer he gets to the end of his contract the less he's worth, especially when we're only talking months as opposed to years.

basehibby
20-12-2009, 01:51 AM
Would love to see big Sol hanging around til the summer at least - if he goes in Jan I'll be very pissed off if it's not for an enormous amount of money :grr:

zlatan
20-12-2009, 02:23 AM
I'd expect we've got a healthy fee agreed with his next club (Blackburn?) if he is leaving in January.

£3m and a 10% sell on clause is the least I'd want for him.

EasterRoad4Ever
20-12-2009, 07:18 AM
There was also a comment in an interview with jh last week about him going out with a bang.

My gut feeling is that he has played his last game for us.

If that's the case, we're in for a very different 2nd half to the season. Bamba has been immense at the heart of defence and is almost irreplaceable without us spending 2 or 3 million.

EasterRoad4Ever
20-12-2009, 07:29 AM
I'd expect we've got a healthy fee agreed with his next club (Blackburn?) if he is leaving in January.

Anything in that region would be a fantastic bit of business for Hibs in current economy, HOWEVER what we all want is a winning Hibs side and there's no doubt that Sol has been the bedrock of our 12 match unbeaten run.

Unless we reinvest a large part of any fee back in to a quality CB then I fear our good form and maybe even our Euro chances may go with Sol :grr:

We have a lot of talented and ambitious players at Hibs now. Important that they can see the club doing all they can to maintain a high quality squad and not replacing quality with risky experiments.

col02
20-12-2009, 07:31 AM
If that's the case, we're in for a very different 2nd half to the season. Bamba has been immense at the heart of defence and is almost irreplaceable without us spending 2 or 3 million.

Jones was seemingly irreplaceable when he left and given Hughes eye for a player during his time at Hibs so far I have no doubt he will hold another ace up his sleeve!

PaulSmith
20-12-2009, 07:40 AM

You could replace "Bamba" with any of the players that we have sold over the last 20 years, yet we're still here.

He's not away yet but a very healthy transfer fee may allow Hughes to get in another 2 players of the calibre of Miller and Stokes..thus making the team stronger.

Hibs90
20-12-2009, 07:54 AM
The match highlights are now up on the hibs website. I found it interesting that bamba gave his shirt away at the end of the match to a happy hibee.

Could this be because its his last match? Will we cash in on him during the African cup?

Overall a decent hibs performance. Roll on the 27th

The boy asked Bamba for his shirt, Bamba gave him it. Hardly means hes leaving us ffs.

Some people. :faf:

down-the-slope
20-12-2009, 08:29 AM

Don't agree - we filled last years Honking Midfield with Miller & McBride for pennies....In Rod & Yogi we trust :agree:

He will be a miss initially until new players / Hanlon settles - remember how much stick Sol was getting early in the season for some real howlers......time for Rodders poker jacket...in fact the sudden rush for the East Stand and Bamba may well be connected...the financial gap mentioned at AGM may be just about to dissappear.....also Yogi say in previous interviews that even fans favorites may move but we had to trust his judgment

matty_f
20-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Jones was seemingly irreplaceable when he left and given Hughes eye for a player during his time at Hibs so far I have no doubt he will hold another ace up his sleeve!

:agree:

Bamba is another great example of where you can find a bargain if you know where to look, or are prepared to take a chance on a player. How much did we buy him for? Was it about £50k?

Absolutely brilliant bit of business for the club, and though it won't be easy, we should be able to replace him.

Would much rather he stayed, at least until the end of the season - he has been immense for us since he joined.

aljo7-0
20-12-2009, 08:41 AM
Don't agree - we filled last years Honking Midfield with Miller & McBride for pennies....In Rod & Yogi we trust :agree:

He will be a miss initially until new players / Hanlon settles - remember how much stick Sol was getting early in the season for some real howlers......time for Rodders poker jacket...in fact the sudden rush for the East Stand and Bamba may well be connected...the financial gap mentioned at AGM may be just about to dissappear.....also Yogi say in previous interviews that even fans favorites may move but we had to trust his judgment
And, do you know what, despite initial reservations I do! :thumbsup:

joe breezy
20-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Remember the yam fuds saying haha Hibs have solf their best players (Fletcher + Jones) so now will get relegated.
People come and people go but I do agree Hoibs have to balance the benefits of a possible 3rd place finish or even better versus cash now.
I have a feeling that no matter what anyone says selling players is still seen as a major source of income for the club but it would be interesting to know how much income success alone could bring.

joe breezy
20-12-2009, 08:47 AM
My post is full of spelling mistakes due to posting fae my phone by the way :o)

DC_Hibs
20-12-2009, 09:19 AM
The boy asked Bamba for his shirt, Bamba gave him it. Hardly means hes leaving us ffs.
Some people. :faf:

Were you there at the end of the game or did you see it on HibsTV?

I suspect not as it looked to be a bit more than that numbnuts.

Hibs90
20-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Were you there at the end of the game or did you see it on HibsTV?

I suspect not as it looked to be a bit more than that numbnuts.

I was there and directly behind it numbnuts.

HibbyKeith
20-12-2009, 09:40 AM
all this talk of bamba leaving and not much of a mention that it can ONLY happen on hibs terms.

if yogi thinks he can let him go to AN cup (which he was always gonna do anyway) and then really cash in with a big money move then so be it.

the big man is awsome and i'd love him to stay until after the WC at least, but he was always going to outgrow hibs, it was just a case of when. if Yogi thinks that's now, as much as i'll be dissapointed i'll put trust Yogi to do whats right for the club.

:notworthy:

Phil MaGlass
20-12-2009, 09:42 AM
now now chaps its a wee chat about Bamba and its the season of goodwill ya er5es,now haud yir wheesht,kiss and make up.

jakedance
20-12-2009, 09:50 AM
I really can't see Bamba leaving. He's got the World Cup to look forward to and if he moved to a bigger club but wasn't getting his game he could lose his place. Hibs won't want to lose him either and I'm sure Rod will be inviting bids in the summer.

nonshinyfinish
20-12-2009, 10:08 AM
numbnuts.

numbnuts.

Is this a secret codeword that proves you were at Todders freezing yer nuts off? :confused:

sunshine1875
20-12-2009, 10:09 AM
I remember following the Dons game on the 4th October 2008, which was shown on BBC Alba, one Hibs.net poster went out of his way to slag of Bamba. A player who had just joined Hibs and needed our support.

Yet this Hibs fan (?) went out of his way to count misplaced passes, poor positional sense and poor tackles, of which there were many in his view.

Roll-forward just over a year and Bamba is rightly viewed as a hero to many Hibs fans and likely to sell for a few £m.

Who was that Hibs fan?

jdships
20-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by EasterRoad4Ever View Post

Just beat me to posting that !
Spot on - no one is irreplaceable .:top marks
Bamba will leave, whenever, someone else will take his place and we move on .
Why shouldn't that be the case ?
It has been for the nearly 70 years I have followed the Hibs :greengrin

:flag:

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2009, 10:26 AM
I remember following the Dons game on the 4th October 2008, which was shown on BBC Alba, one Hibs.net poster went out of his way to slag of Bamba. A player who had just joined Hibs and needed our support.

Yet this Hibs fan (?) went out of his way to count misplaced passes, poor positional sense and poor tackles, of which there were many in his view.

Roll-forward just over a year and Bamba is rightly viewed as a hero to many Hibs fans and likely to sell for a few £m.

Who was that Hibs fan?

Who was it? Come on, out him.:wink:

BEEJ
20-12-2009, 10:36 AM

And many, many more on here who firmly believed that he was never a centre-half but was best used as a defensive midfielder.

Bamba is another great example of where you can find a bargain if you know where to look, or are prepared to take a chance on a player. How much did we buy him for? Was it about £50k?
Plus, apparently, a very healthy sell-on fee (40% has been suggested :eek:) for the Pars.

Absolutely brilliant bit of business for the club, and though it won't be easy, we should be able to replace him.

Would much rather he stayed, at least until the end of the season - he has been immense for us since he joined.

weecounty hibby
20-12-2009, 10:37 AM
I was one of them. In the past I told one of my workmates who supports DUFC that I thought Bamba was one of the worst players I had ever seen in the SPL! :idiot:

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2009, 10:45 AM
I find it hard to believe anyone who has eyes, could say Bamba has ever been a bomb scare for Hibs. He has been fantastic since day 1. The best centre half in my time of watching Hibs.:thumbsup:

forthhibby
20-12-2009, 10:57 AM
yogi said on a recent HI interview that if any player came to him and said they'd the chance of a move and it was a good deal for player and also the club he wouldn't keep a player who wanted to play elsewhere, think that's what would have happened with bamba

Part/Time Supporter
20-12-2009, 10:58 AM

And many, many more on here who firmly believed that he was never a centre-half but was best used as a defensive midfielder.

hands up to that one

:greengrin

Godsahibby
20-12-2009, 11:03 AM
A good mate of mine who's a Hibby, played with Sol at Dunfermiline, couldn't believe it when we signed him, he thought he was murder.

Quite enjoy ripping him about that one!

greenlex
20-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Murray will move to partner Hogg on Sunday with Stevenson slotting in at Left back.
Reading between the lines Hanlon will fill the gap left by Bamba but Sunday is too big a game to gamble with Him. Barr may still be signed but I think Hanlon will get the nod next wednesday and into January before Barr arriives late January. Hanlon will be a hit and Barr will need to wait for his chance.

GreenCastle
20-12-2009, 11:26 AM
It will be interesting to see what happens here.

I think having seen his progress over the last 12 months I think if I was him I would want to stay and then go to the world cup.

Moving clubs / house etc is a big thing to do half way through a season and he may not settle into his new team.

I would be upset if he did move as we do have some up and coming youngsters but midway through the season when we are doing well ?

Can we not wait till after the world cup and give the guy a decent send off at ER ?

Do the board really need the money now? (£3 million at least?) East Stand development maybe :confused:

I would assume he has to go down south to the EPL -- ugly sisters can't afford him :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Murray will move to partner Hogg on Sunday with Stevenson slotting in at Left back.
Reading between the lines Hanlon will fill the gap left by Bamba but Sunday is too big a game to gamble with Him.

Yip, thats what i think will happen too. :agree: He's been playing Hanlon at centre half in the games against Sunderland and Newcastle, so he should be fit. As you say, the huns game maybe is a bit too soon to be gambling with the centre of the defence, but it seems he's certainly being groomed for that position.

Hibs Spain
20-12-2009, 11:43 AM

Would much rather he stayed, at least until the end of the season - he has been immense for us since he joined.I ignored the nonesense posts slating Bamba in the beginning cos I knew he was exceptional. The only thing I couldn't quite get my head round was why he was at Dunfermline.I'm not sure we could replace him. It would be a really serious blow if he left.His height,strength,power,skill and bravery are pretty unique.Some of the ways he wins balls are exceptional and only possible because of his athletisism.I don't want to over dramatize my views but I can't think of any better anywhere in his position at this time.

hibsbollah
20-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Reading between the lines Hanlon will fill the gap left by Bamba but Sunday is too big a game to gamble with Him. Barr may still be signed but I think Hanlon will get the nod next wednesday and into January before Barr arriives late January. Hanlon will be a hit and Barr will need to wait for his chance.

I'd be happy with that. Same back four that played well at Tynecastle in the 0-0:agree:

Hibs90
20-12-2009, 12:15 PM
I'd be happy with that. Same back four that played well at Tynecastle in the 0-0:agree:

Me to but I'd prefer Hanlon in at left back.

Hibs Spain
20-12-2009, 12:18 PM
hands up to that one

:greengrinHope you've got four hands because I'm sure you'll be seeing the light re Maka soon

Part/Time Supporter
20-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Hope you've got four hands because I'm sure you'll be seeing the light re Maka soon

:fishin:

CmoantheHibs
20-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Obviously there will be clubs wanting him just now but with the World Cup coming up, at the moment it doesnt make sense for him to move on or for us to sell him.Who knows what is going on behind the scenes though so it may be true.We are a selling club so if the right offer comes in just now we will take it.He will be a big loss(whether he leaves now or in the summer)but every player is replaceable.I would just be happier if it wasnt now considering that we may be on the brink of something wonderful and any changes may take time to integrate meaning the loss of momentum/points which could make a huge difference to our season.

Rasta_Hibs
20-12-2009, 12:34 PM

What are next weeks lottery numbers?

joe_hfc
20-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Does anybody know what his sell-on clause is with dunfermline?

Mikey
20-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Hanlon will be a hit and Barr will need to wait for his chance.

Or..........

Hanlon will be a hit and Barr will be his partner on the right side of central defence :wink:

GreenCastle
20-12-2009, 02:10 PM
I still think Bamba's best position is centre midfield.

Hanlon should be match fit - but one thing playing reserves compared to the SPL. The games against Ameobi down in Newcastle I am sure would have been a test.

What about the Icelandic defender who was on trial before?

I am sure JH will bring in 2 players in the transfer window - well he kept saying two on the radio today :greengrin

Shrekko
20-12-2009, 02:21 PM

We were pretty dreadful at Tynecastle though...

Personally I think it's almost certain that Yogi will go with Murray at CH and Stevenson at LB. I also think it's not the correct move.

I suppose it's the safe option as Stevenson has a bit more experience than Hanlon but he's also much slower, smaller and poorer going forward. When Stevenson has played left back this year theres generally been about 40 yards between him and Deeks and the balance of the team suffers badly.

I'd much prefer Murray to continue at LB and try McCormack or Hanlon at CH.

hibsbollah
20-12-2009, 03:33 PM
We were pretty dreadful at Tynecastle though...

Personally I think it's almost certain that Yogi will go with Murray at CH and Stevenson at LB. I also think it's not the correct move.

I suppose it's the safe option as Stevenson has a bit more experience than Hanlon but he's also much slower, smaller and poorer going forward. When Stevenson has played left back this year theres generally been about 40 yards between him and Deeks and the balance of the team suffers badly.

I'd much prefer Murray to continue at LB and try McCormack or Hanlon at CH.

I had 7 pints before lunchtime so i perhaps wasnt best to judge but I thought the back 5 were pretty faultless in the derby, it was the midfield and upfront where we were off the pace. I agree that McCormack or Hanlon are well worth a start but Stevenson played well that day and also deserves a shot. Just shows we have a bit of depth (albeit quite inexperienced depth) at the moment:agree:

edit-i'd dispute the comment about Stvensons pace, he's deceptively quick IMO.

Hibee_Rab
20-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Other players have been allowed to stay back for their last game, surely bamba will be availabe for against rangers.

CropleyWasGod
20-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Other players have been allowed to stay back for their last game, surely bamba will be availabe for against rangers.

Bamba was allowed to stay back for his last game.

Yesterday. :wink:

matty_f
20-12-2009, 04:17 PM
I still think Bamba's best position is centre midfield.

Hanlon should be match fit - but one thing playing reserves compared to the SPL. The games against Ameobi down in Newcastle I am sure would have been a test.

What about the Icelandic defender who was on trial before?

I am sure JH will bring in 2 players in the transfer window - well he kept saying two on the radio today :greengrin

Much better at CH, IMHO. When he was in midfield he played about ten yards too deep, which was part of the reason we surrendered so much possession, IMHO.

In a lot of the games he was practically another centre-half, whereas this season we've got Miller and McBride/Rankin doing similar roles but further up the pitch and the shape of the team's much better.

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Much better at CH, IMHO. When he was in midfield he played about ten yards too deep, which was part of the reason we surrendered so much possession, IMHO.

In a lot of the games he was practically another centre-half, whereas this season we've got Miller and McBride/Rankin doing similar roles but further up the pitch and the shape of the team's much better.

:top marks I dont think Bamba would be signing for any club in the EPL as a midfielder.

GreenCastle
20-12-2009, 05:36 PM

I think the guy has shown he can play both.

I would like to see him CM in a decent team with good defenders behind him.

I guess maybe I should have thought that he is playing CH for Ivory Coast and been doing a good job there so can't be doing too much wrong.

Saying that though - they have some very good midfielders so would be hard to get in there.

At Hibs....in this team...with our players I think he is a CH.

Allant1981
20-12-2009, 07:04 PM
:top marks I dont think Bamba would be signing for any club in the EPL as a midfielder.

As much as i think he is a cracking player i dont think he will go to an EPL side just now, i think he might end up in the championship

Simkin911
20-12-2009, 07:06 PM
I ignored the nonesense posts slating Bamba in the beginning cos I knew he was exceptional. The only thing I couldn't quite get my head round was why he was at Dunfermline.I'm not sure we could replace him. It would be a really serious blow if he left.His height,strength,power,skill and bravery are pretty unique.Some of the ways he wins balls are exceptional and only possible because of his athletisism.I don't want to over dramatize my views but I can't think of any better anywhere in his position at this time.

--
No disrepect intended but I can only assume you mean within this club at the current time? I'm sure you can't mean in a worldwide sense? For example, in terms of footballing ability, Bamba will never, ever possess the footballing skill of some players who graced ER in recent years - maybe also nearing the end of their career - such as Sauzee and Latapy.

Bamba has a number of characteristics which fit well into the team - he may be the only person in the club with the combination of the characteristics you describe but none of which are unique.

I wouldn't want him to leave but if he does I don't think we will have lost a unique talent or the best CH in the world.

BEEJ
20-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Does anybody know what his sell-on clause is with dunfermline?
Don't know for sure, but see post #55.

Peevemor
20-12-2009, 07:15 PM
As much as i think he is a cracking player i dont think he will go to an EPL side just now, i think he might end up in the championship

I think he could end up in France.

sunshine1875
20-12-2009, 08:49 PM

Who was that Hibs fan?

It was <drum roll> The Cooler King. Is he back by another name?

His rant is copied below - in response to a post praising Bamba's display at centreback. Earlier in the post, he is praising Thicot, but ridicules Bamba. Shows what a good judge of a football player he is. Not a dig at Thicot, who has not really been given a chance, yet.

Aye, bang on 14mins dallys on the ball, gets robbed and Aberdeen should have scored.......:brickwall

Shocker imo and has a lot to prove if he's gonna dislodge Jones.

18mins and Bamba lets another stray pass go......:brickwall

20mins Bamba loses out on challenge resulting to knockdown to mackie, saved by Maka.

21min Bamba loses ball again to gift Aberdeen posession........jeezus am sure i read on a thread that bambi didnt put a foot wrong.....please tell me it gets better.....

23mins How many times is that we fat bloke mackie gonna beat Bamba to the ball in the air......??!?

27 mins Mackie easily turns Bamba in box to flight ball over.......poor defending.....looks every much as bad as it sounded on radio today.....

30mins great play again by Thicot.....composed one touch football.......

33mins great goal Deek, canna wait till yer fit.

38 mins Sitter from Fletcher......top class striker should be burying those.

39mins Good interception by Bamba, but rather than electing to clear his lines walks ball out park for a throw to Aberdeen, gifts possession away.

41mins Clumsy challenge from Bamba although Miller makes most of it to win a pen. Soft penalty.

42mins, Bamba again gifts possesion to aberdeen with a loose pass to DVZ resulting in attack for Aberdeen.

43mins Bamba tees up opportunity for Mark Kerr, 14yrds out.....

44mins Clumsy cahhllenge by Bamba gifts freekick to Aberdeen, Mulgrew freekick saved by Maka.

Half time.
Best players on park for Hibs, Maka and Thicot.
Worse players, toss up between Rankin and Bamba......on the latter his performance has been pash and will have to do a lot better if he's to claim Jones place....Shocking debut at CH, hope it get better.

Second half, straight from Kick off Bamba gifts ball to Aberdeen with loose pass.:brickwall

47 mins Bamba kicks fresh air in attempt to intercept ball......

51 & 52 mins Bamba kicks and heads easy clearances to Aberdeen under no pressure.....Moan Bambs yer making Jones look like Baressi.....FFS!!!

53 Indecision from Bamab leads to rushed clearance from Maka to tidy up....

Up to this point, Bambas won TWO headers.....?!?......both going to opposition.........:bitchy:

59mins Bamba finds a Hibs player with 3yrd pass.

66mins easy clearnance from Bamba again finds an Aberdeen player.

73mins Thicot leaves field, impressive display.

78mins Hibs get a break as fletch flicks ball onto mulgrews arm from 3yrds offside......

84mins interception by Bamba but clearance again results in shot from Aluko.

Match over.

Best playes for us Thicot, Murray an Maka.
Worse, by far Rankin and Nish.
Bambas stint as CH was not inspiring. His first half was a shocker, the second half left his team mates to take the initiative whilst laying off.
Out of his depth imo and would prefer Murray or McCormack or perhpas even Thicot who i believe has played CH in France throughout his career.

Hurray back Hoggy.
Last edited by The cooler king; 04-10-2008 at 09:56 PM.

George Clooney
21-12-2009, 09:20 AM

It is Blackburn, and the deal is a good one.

That's why Sol has been able miss training without telling anyone to have mini breaks in Paris over the past month. He knows he's untouchable just now.

Watch out for the Samba/Bamba centre back partnership at Blackburn in Feb.

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2009, 09:22 AM

That's why Sol has been able miss training without telling anyone to have mini breaks in Paris over the past month. He knows he's untouchable just now.

Any idea on the fee?

Jim44
21-12-2009, 09:23 AM

The deal better be good as we're losing 40% of it to Dunfermline.

rainman
21-12-2009, 09:26 AM

I just can't see the thinking behind selling him before the WC. :confused:

Am I missing something?

Part/Time Supporter
21-12-2009, 09:29 AM
I just can't see the thinking behind selling him before the WC. :confused:

Am I missing something?

Contract (18 months now, < 12 months after the World Cup)

He might not do that well in the World Cup, get injured, etc

Premier League clubs are already aware of him, hence the previous Blackburn and Liverpool chat. It's not as if he's some complete unknown who has no transfer value now and will have some after the World Cup.

George Clooney
21-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Any idea on the fee?

Fraid not. It's all about how you interpret "good"!
If you knew this would be the fee after his first month here, you'd think it was very good!
Must admit I didn't realise that as much as 40% was going to Dunfermline.

Yogi seems pretty confident that he'll be getting a couple of players with the cash, so all seems well.

rainman
21-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Contract (18 months now, < 12 months after the World Cup)

He might not do that well in the World Cup, get injured, etc

Premier League clubs are already aware of him, hence the previous Blackburn and Liverpool chat. It's not as if he's some complete unknown who has no transfer value now and will have some after the World Cup.

I suppose it's down to weighing up the difference in fees those factors would give you against gaining 3rd/challenging for 2nd/1st and of course the holy grail.

I thought with the board dipping further into their pockets of late, we might show a little ambition for on field matters and hold onto our players until we actually achieved something.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bamba's rumoured "Billy Big Time" attitude is one of the factors in letting him go sooner rather than later.

It would tie in with Hughes' statement about letting a fans favourite go and we'd have to trust him.

mayo hibee
21-12-2009, 09:41 AM
I think we'll do well to get over two million. I have a feeling that when you knock off the 40% this might not look so great - it would need to be at least 3 million for it to seem worthwhile to me.

I think we should attempt to include a massive sell on clause like Dunfermline did - Chris Samba is being linked with £10m moves away from Blackburn in the next window, is he that much better than Bamba? A 30 or 40% sell on could land us a huge transfer fee for nothing in a few years time.

rainman
21-12-2009, 09:52 AM
I think we'll do well to get over two million. I have a feeling that when you knock off the 40% this might not look so great - it would need to be at least 3 million for it to seem worthwhile to me.

I think we should attempt to include a massive sell on clause like Dunfermline did - Chris Samba is being linked with £10m moves away from Blackburn in the next window, is he that much better than Bamba? A 30 or 40% sell on could land us a huge transfer fee for nothing in a few years time.

It was only a matter of months ago that the board stated they would need to find funding for the East Stand. Now, if you believe the rumours, they are ready to go ahead with it. There must be a cash injection coming from somewhere so this would be the obvious source.

scoopyboy
21-12-2009, 09:55 AM

Scoopyboy understands the %age is nowhere near 40%.

Absolutely spiffing source.

mayo hibee
21-12-2009, 10:01 AM

Good. :agree:

You want to throw the actual percentage out there?

PaulSmith
21-12-2009, 10:03 AM

I'm with you on that one, I cannot see RP making such a deal with the Pars where Sol could end up 'costing' Hibs £1.5M+. Not a chance IMO.

Fee wise, if it is Blackburn then an EPL club will shell out £3m plus without a second thought

Stevie Reid
21-12-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm with you on that one, I cannot see RP making such a deal with the Pars where Sol could end up 'costing' Hibs £1.5M+. Not a chance IMO.

Fee wise, if it is Blackburn then an EPL club will shell out £3m plus without a second thought

To be honest, I'd be amazed (and absolutely delighted) if that turns out to be the case. As much as I think we will get a good fee for Bamba, I think about half of that (possibly with add ons) is the most we can realistically expect.

Think how much we got for Fletch who was a striker who was considered as having great potential for a number of years, and had scored goals from the moment he started appearing in the first team. He was also younger and on a much longer contract.

As much as Bamba did a very good job for us in midfield last year, he's only really come to prominence as a centre half in the first half of this season. With his attributes I do think he'll continue to progress into a very, very good player, but I do think £3M is a bit of wishful thinking.

As I said, I'll be delighted if I'm wrong though!

Part/Time Supporter
21-12-2009, 10:29 AM
To be honest, I'd be amazed (and absolutely delighted) if that turns out to be the case. As much as I think we will get a good fee for Bamba, I think about half of that (possibly with add ons) is the most we can realistically expect.

Think how much we got for Fletch who was a striker who was considered as having great potential for a number of years, and had scored goals from the moment he started appearing in the first team. He was also younger and on a much longer contract.

As much as Bamba did a very good job for us in midfield last year, he's only really come to prominence as a centre half in the first half of this season. With his attributes I do think he'll continue to progress into a very, very good player, but I do think £3M is a bit of wishful thinking.

As I said, I'll be delighted if I'm wrong though!

To look at it another way, Bamba has got more international caps than Fletcher, for an unquestionably better national team. You would get laughed at if you offered £3M for most of their players.

sunshine1875
21-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Decent percentage, whatever that means! Edit: just read that the Pars enjoyed a £120,000 windfall in a similar way in the summer when former striker Noel Hunt left Dundee United to join Reading in a £600,000 deal. That would make the percentage 20% - cannot see RP agreeing to more than that.

Also, could it be if he stays we might have to pay an extra £50k on top of the initial £50k.

http://www.dunfermlinepress.com/articles/2/28124

The fee has been reported as £50,000 elsewhere this week but Press Sport can reveal that figure could approach £100,000 depending on the player's impact at Easter Road.
And the Pars have also inserted a sell-on clause which means Athletic would cash in with a decent percentage if he were to do well with Hibs and then secure a big money move to England.

Stevie Reid
21-12-2009, 10:40 AM
To look at it another way, Bamba has got more international caps than Fletcher, for an unquestionably better national team. You would get laughed at if you offered £3M for most of their players.

It's a fair point, certainly. Regardless, I've every faith in RP to get the maximum benefit for Hibs out of any deal.

TornadoHibby
21-12-2009, 10:42 AM

:tee hee: (about the fee only I should say! :wink:)

I hope we keep Sol till the end of the season as he will undoubtedly be an asset to our European aspirations IMO! :agree:

Gingertosser
21-12-2009, 10:51 AM
If Bamba is sold in January, its more likely to be Celtic for about £2.5-3m
they are desperate for a centre half and have funds available, they tried to get away without making purchases last winter and it backfired, they won't let this happen again)
If he stays till the summer, it will be down south, but still only about £3-3.5m
(he will only have 1 year left on his contract)

scoopyboy
21-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Good. :agree:

You want to throw the actual percentage out there?

I knew someone would do that to me, the reason is I couldn't remember.

It is either 20 or 25% on any profit, ie the fee - the amount we paid.

We haven't paid the add on yet to Pars because he hasn't played enough games. IIRC we paid £75000 with another £25000 when he reached so many appearances for us.

mayo hibee
21-12-2009, 11:50 AM
That sounds better, so if we could maybe get £2.5m, give the Pars 500k and go build the stand with the rest...:thumbsup:

GreenCastle
21-12-2009, 12:04 PM
If Bamba is sold in January, its more likely to be Celtic for about £2.5-3m
they are desperate for a centre half and have funds available, they tried to get away without making purchases last winter and it backfired, they won't let this happen again)
If he stays till the summer, it will be down south, but still only about £3-3.5m
(he will only have 1 year left on his contract)

Celtic have no money.

I think he will move EPL - £ 3 million for an international player would be about right.

Maybe Hibs don't want to play him again as they would then have to pay the extra money to the Pars ?

The sell on fee I think will be about 20 %.

Gingertosser
21-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Celtic have no money.

2 billionaires would suggest otherwise, and they will be doing a fair bit of player sales

Hibby Bairn
21-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Watching Burnley again yesterday they defo need a big CH. And Coyle has close tabs on what is going on in the SPL. Bamba is miles better than that eejit Caldwell (S) and his brother for that matter.

Deal might be done but if not then there might be one or two interested.

IWasThere2016
21-12-2009, 01:43 PM
I knew someone would do that to me, the reason is I couldn't remember.

It is either 20 or 25% on any profit, ie the fee - the amount we paid.

We haven't paid the add on yet to Pars because he hasn't played enough games. IIRC we paid £75000 with another £25000 when he reached so many appearances for us.

IIRC, we paid £50k - don't recall anything about further payments.

Have heard 30% and 40% banded about for the profit on sale.

Part/Time Supporter
21-12-2009, 01:49 PM
2 billionaires would suggest otherwise, and they will be doing a fair bit of player sales

The fact that two billionaires own Celtic shares is irrelevant, because they aren't subsidising or investing any cash into Celtic.

In any case, Bamba doesn't strike me as a player who would float Mowbray's boat. He likes centre halves who are at least reasonably comfortable at passing the ball, which is probably Bamba's weakest point. Look at how quickly he has binned McManus, who is the weakest of the three main Celtic centre halves in that respect.

flash
21-12-2009, 01:52 PM
The fact that two billionaires own Celtic shares is irrelevant, because they aren't subsidising or investing any cash into Celtic.

In any case, Bamba doesn't strike me as a player who would float Mowbray's boat. He likes centre halves who are at least reasonably comfortable at passing the ball, which is probably Bamba's weakest point. Look at how quickly he has binned McManus, who is the weakest of the three main Celtic centre halves in that respect.

Bamba is one of the best with the ball at his feet. Who have you been watching all season?:confused:

Part/Time Supporter
21-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Bamba is one of the best with the ball at his feet. Who have you been watching all season?:confused:

He is very good at holding off and beating a player, but his passing is relatively poor.

(emphasis deliberate)

brydekirk
21-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Celtic have no money.

I think he will move EPL - £ 3 million for an international player would be about right.

Maybe Hibs don't want to play him again as they would then have to pay the extra money to the Pars ?

The sell on fee I think will be about 20 %.

have to :agree:, dont think it will be more than 20% :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
21-12-2009, 02:02 PM
He is very good at holding off and beating a player, but his passing is relatively poor.

(emphasis deliberate)

:agree: He won't get a move to the Premiership until he improves his passing.

He does the hard bit by winning us possession and then beating a player or two but his pass quite often ends up either out of play or back with the opposition.

mentalhibee
21-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Hope he doesnt leave in january, cant see it to be honest. I reckon the board will hold out until after the world cup to sell. Giving his shirt to the crowd was probably just a good gesture because he's leaving at a key part of the season. IF he does leave i reckon we should be looking for 3million minimum, thats cheap for a Ivory Coast international and premiership quality centre half!

Hibs90
21-12-2009, 05:15 PM
If you knew this would be the fee after his first month here, you'd think it was very good!

Yogi seems pretty confident that he'll be getting a couple of players with the cash, so all seems well.

Why is everyone taking this as gospel when it is complete pish?

Sniff.

MSK
21-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Why is everyone taking this as gospel when it is complete pish?

Sniff.You got the cold too ..?...:rolleyes:

Cropley10
21-12-2009, 05:43 PM

Sounds like Vlad's about to re-open the war-chest and go shopping in the January sales after their win against ra Celtc, so it looks like things are hotting up in the Capital.

FWIW - Bambas apparently not well liked by his team mates - and is itching for a move away/bigger money, much like Fletch was. Footballers know that one bad tackle can ruin your dreams. IMHO I think Sol's a gonner but if he is I'd expect Hibs to get maximum value, unlike say the Yams have done with Jose and Larry.

Hibs90
22-12-2009, 12:48 PM
You got the cold too ..?...:rolleyes:

Aye, no feeling too well. :greengrin