PDA

View Full Version : NHC Mark Hughes sacked / Mancini in at City

Sean1875
19-12-2009, 04:39 PM
SSN reporing City are releasing a statement at around 7.30, widely expected to be announcing Hughes leaving the club. Mancini bookies favourite to be appointed as his successor.

For Hughes to be sacked after only losing 2 games is an absolute disgrace if its true :bitchy:

iwasthere1972
19-12-2009, 04:41 PM
SSN reporing City are releasing a statement at around 7.30, widely expected to be announcing Hughes leaving the club. Mancini bookies favourite to be appointed as his successor.

For Hughes to be sacked after only losing 2 games is an absolute disgrace if its true :bitchy:

Think it's probably all the draws that will be his downfall.

Reports were that Mancini was at the game this afternoon.

Woody1985
19-12-2009, 04:42 PM
They won today so it would seem a strange time to sack him. :confused:

Am I correct in saying that they've had a lot of draws this season?

It wouldn't suprise me if they did sack him though, they're expecting a top 4 place and there's a lot of strong challenges this season. It would be interesting if Man U finished 3rd this season with Liverpool and maybe Arsenal dropping out of the top 4.

Most interesting season down there for a long, long time.

Toaods
19-12-2009, 04:47 PM
he was full of smiles apparently when first appearing out of the tunnel.

perhaps he has been told the mega pay off he'll get, whilst knowing he was never going to see the contract through with the stakes so high now.

He'll get another job no problem. I like him, tough, backs his men and takes no **** from any outsiders.

iwasthere1972
19-12-2009, 04:47 PM
They won today so it would seem a strange time to sack him. :confused:

Am I correct in saying that they've had a lot of draws this season?

It wouldn't suprise me if they did sack him though, they're expecting a top 4 place and there's a lot of strong challenges this season. It would be interesting if Man U finished 3rd this season with Liverpool and maybe Arsenal dropping out of the top 4.

Most interesting season down there for a long, long time.

8 draws from 17 EPL matches. :agree:

Barney McGrew
19-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Sky Sports now reporting he has gone

Hanny
19-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Sky Sports now reporting he has gone

As is ESPN

Mancini to be unveiled on a 3 and a half year deal

Gerrintaethem
19-12-2009, 05:19 PM
After winning 4-3 today, Hughes and the players told in the dressing room that he was sacked and Mancini is set to be appointed within an hour

:cool2:

Sorry, missed the other thread, merge if appropriate.

Toaods
19-12-2009, 05:21 PM
How can Mancini get a post in charge? he couldn't in Italy as he didn't have the Pro-Licence and the Premiership you should have it too, IIRC that's why Shearer had to seek special dispensation to take charge at Newcastle.

Hibbyradge
19-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Even if this isn't true, although it may well be, it's only a matter of time. :agree:

Hughes hasn't got the status needed to manage the players that Man Ciuty can now attract.

His results have been very poor too, considering the cash they've splashed.

Sean1875
19-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Confirmed on the City Website. Hughes out Mancini in.

Part/Time Supporter
19-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Think it's probably all the draws that will be his downfall.

Reports were that Mancini was at the game this afternoon.

Who led Inter to 25 games unbeaten a few seasons ago, but they were third in the league with about 15 draws.

:greengrin

Toaods
19-12-2009, 05:40 PM
asl Sir Alex said:

"They can have all the money they like, they'll never be as big as Manchester United."

heretoday
19-12-2009, 06:11 PM
It's a pretty wacky appointment. Granted Hughes wasn't going anywhere with City but Mancini has no experience of Prem football. He looks good in a coat and scarf. That's about it.

Brando7
19-12-2009, 06:24 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8422676.stm

yekimevol
19-12-2009, 08:14 PM
im a city fan and im happy that hughes is gone he was a useless as a manager. people say that he was making progress on sven but i never seen it sven got city euro football and made better signings and had a second best defensive record in the league now we can't keep hull, burnley or Birmingham. i never got the reason for signing him he had not done much before and did not a lot with blackburn except keep blackburn in mid table. hope roberto can do a good job and that both my teams can have a great year

iwasthere1972
19-12-2009, 08:35 PM
It's a pretty wacky appointment. Granted Hughes wasn't going anywhere with City but Mancini has no experience of Prem football. He looks good in a coat and scarf. That's about it.

Arsene Wenger, Carlo Ancelotti and Jose Moriniho etc had no experience of the EPL but they haven't done too bad.

I do agree that Hughes was going nowhere with City and the owners gave him as much time as they could. Just proves that you can't buy instant success unless you're the Yams. :devil:

Ed De Gramo
19-12-2009, 08:54 PM
The barmy owners should remember that Rome wasn't built in a day....you can't just throw money around and expect the team to gel.

Mibbae the got the wrong Manchester team :cool2:

Hibs On Tour
19-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Up to 6th? Still in the Carling Cup?
Am I the only one who thought he was starting to get things turned around there?

Fair enough £200m spent but he's playing catch up to what Chelsea and Man Utd have spent over 5-10 years putting teams together and as other posters have noted, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Think that this may prove to have been a somewhat short-sighted decision...

Judas Iscariot
20-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Good..

Hopefully they can now pressure the "Big 4"

PISTOL1875
20-12-2009, 01:39 AM
im a city fan and im happy that hughes is gone he was a useless as a manager. people say that he was making progress on sven but i never seen it sven got city euro football and made better signings and had a second best defensive record in the league now we can't keep hull, burnley or Birmingham. i never got the reason for signing him he had not done much before and did not a lot with blackburn except keep blackburn in mid table. hope roberto can do a good job and that both my teams can have a great year

He wasn't useless but he couldn't manage the big ego's. I went to Bolton last week and that was enough for me to see that we weren't playing as a team.. Feel sorry for Hughes but it seems the job was too big for him... Obviously hope Mancini does well but what is that RAG Brian Kidd doing there ?? How did he get that job ???

khib70
21-12-2009, 10:34 AM
He wasn't useless but he couldn't manage the big ego's. I went to Bolton last week and that was enough for me to see that we weren't playing as a team.. Feel sorry for Hughes but it seems the job was too big for him... Obviously hope Mancini does well but what is that RAG Brian Kidd doing there ?? How did he get that job ???
Was at the game on Saturday and had a chance to talk to the fans before and after. I think the general concensus was that Hughes is a good guy and has done a pretty good job, but the lack of a credible defence (which was all too obvious at the game)has made the owners and the fans get a bit restless.

Also, the fact that Liverpool are in freefall, and the Salford mob have now lost five games this season, means that the "Big Four" of old don't exist anymore, and there is a genuine opportunity to break into the CL places, which the run of draws might well throw away.

Mancini is an imaginative appointment - three Serie A titles, `152 games in charge of Inter - 14 lost. There's no mystique to managing in the EPL - neither Mourinho, or Wenger, or Ferguson, come to that had managed in the top flight in England when they took up their jobs.

As for Kidd - he's no more of a rag than Hughes. 98 games for City - 44 goals. only 8 less than he scored in 203 games for the rags.

Chin up, Pistol & co, it's still going to happen.

Speedway
21-12-2009, 10:58 AM
I saw 'Hughes sacked' on SSN and thought 'Whit!?'

Sir David Gray
21-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Press conference on now.

What a joke football club. :faf:

I wasn't a fan of how Mark Hughes conducted himself since they became so rich as I thought he was extremely smug and quite arrogant towards teams like Everton over the whole Joleon Lescott affair but to practically appoint a new manager when there is already a manager in there is pretty pathetic stuff.

Just as bad from Mancini who accepted the offer, knowing full well that Hughes was still the boss. I think it shows what kind of person he is.

I wonder what the Sheikhs will do if he doesn't hit the ground running. Will he be sacked by March?

HibeeDaz6270
21-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Press conference on now.

I wasn't a fan of how Mark Hughes conducted himself since they became so rich as I thought he was extremely smug and quite arrogant towards teams like Everton over the whole Joleon Lescott affair but to practically appoint a new manager when there is already a manager in there is pretty pathetic stuff.

Just as bad from Mancini who accepted the offer, knowing full well that Hughes was still the boss. I think it shows what kind of person he is.

I wonder what the Sheikhs will do if he doesn't hit the ground running. Will he be sacked by March?
Are you for real? What kind of person is he ?

He accepted a job offered to him, when he was out of work. Unfortunately it resulted in mark hughes being sacked, but he was not doing a good enough job.

I dont see the wrong doing on Mancini's part.

Sir David Gray
21-12-2009, 05:00 PM

He accepted a job offered to him, when he was out of work. Unfortunately it resulted in mark hughes being sacked, but he was not doing a good enough job.

I just think it's wrong of him to have accepted the job when he knew perfectly well that Mark Hughes was still the manager and was also unaware of the moves to remove him as boss.

Every time you hear a manager getting asked by a reporter whether they would be interested in managing a club that already has a manager, they always say that it would be disrespectful to speak about that because the club already has someone in charge.

What's going on at Man City just now is all very underhand.

Hopefully the people who run that club will get their comeuppance very soon.

Woody1985
21-12-2009, 05:18 PM
I just think it's wrong of him to have accepted the job when he knew perfectly well that Mark Hughes was still the manager and was also unaware of the moves to remove him as boss.

Every time you hear a manager getting asked by a reporter whether they would be interested in managing a club that already has a manager, they always say that it would be disrespectful to speak about that because the club already has someone in charge.

That doesn't mean they're not negotiating behind the scenes though... Goes on all the time.

Same with players, you've got a left back and are out trying to replace him without telling him. Makes no odds just because he is the manager IMO.

PISTOL1875
21-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Was at the game on Saturday and had a chance to talk to the fans before and after. I think the general concensus was that Hughes is a good guy and has done a pretty good job, but the lack of a credible defence (which was all too obvious at the game)has made the owners and the fans get a bit restless.

Also, the fact that Liverpool are in freefall, and the Salford mob have now lost five games this season, means that the "Big Four" of old don't exist anymore, and there is a genuine opportunity to break into the CL places, which the run of draws might well throw away.

Mancini is an imaginative appointment - three Serie A titles, `152 games in charge of Inter - 14 lost. There's no mystique to managing in the EPL - neither Mourinho, or Wenger, or Ferguson, come to that had managed in the top flight in England when they took up their jobs.

As for Kidd - he's no more of a rag than Hughes. 98 games for City - 44 goals. only 8 less than he scored in 203 games for the rags.

Chin up, Pistol & co, it's still going to happen.

The top 4 is a possibility for sure.. I was a big fan if Hughes but it seemed that he didn't the respect of the players in the dressing room which in the end seemed to be the downfall..( that we couldn't see games out when we were ahead))..

I still think we will finish in the Top 4 and qualify for the CL...

CTID..........

PISTOL1875
21-12-2009, 06:30 PM

Football is underhand.. It's as corrupt as any sport going....

PISTOL1875
21-12-2009, 06:32 PM

Mancini hasn't done anything wrong.. He is just looking after himself which is fine... The sour thing in all this is that Hughes has been treated very very badly by the owner's and the board but is there any loyalty in football nowadays ??

khib70
22-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Press conference on now.

I don't think we're going to take any lessons in proper behaviour from one of the board's more obvious rags. How many players have Manure tapped up on the sly?

You don't know what kind of a person Mancini is, and neither do I.

I would concentrate on thinking on how to arrest the obvious slide the Salford mob are on at the moment. Three-nil at Fulham - oh dear. Catch you on the way past

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Who will be the first to photoshop a picture of Mancini in a mankini?

Sir David Gray
22-12-2009, 03:25 PM
I don't think we're going to take any lessons in proper behaviour from one of the board's more obvious rags. How many players have Manure tapped up on the sly?

You don't know what kind of a person Mancini is, and neither do I.

I would concentrate on thinking on how to arrest the obvious slide the Salford mob are on at the moment. Three-nil at Fulham - oh dear. Catch you on the way past

Things might not be too great at the 'Theatre of Dreams' this season but I'll bet that, no matter how bad United get this year, they'll still be quite a few places, and numerous amount of points, above Manchester's second team.

I don't even think City will be in a Champions League place at the end of the year. IMO, it will be Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Aston Villa/Tottenham.

Probably in that order.

You lot can fight it out with the rest of the also-rans like Liverpool for the Europa League spots.

PISTOL1875
22-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Things might not be too great at the 'Theatre of Dreams' this season but I'll bet that, no matter how bad United get this year, they'll still be quite a few places, and numerous amount of points, above Manchester's second team.

I don't even think City will be in a Champions League place at the end of the year. IMO, it will be Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Aston Villa/Tottenham.

Probably in that order.

You lot can fight it out with the rest of the also-rans like Liverpool for the Europa League spots.

Was that the same '' Also-rans '' that took care of you lot at Anfield ????

jacomo
22-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Press conference on now.

Agree with what you're saying. I liked Mark Hughes a lot and thought he was a good appointment for City - but some of his posturing in the job was ridiculous. I hope he rediscovers some humility and perspective at his next job.

This episode just shows that this is no way to run a football club. The Man City chief exec, Garry Cook or whatever his name is, must be one of the most loathsome men in football - after Slippery Pete Kenyon of course.

Wenger called it right - this is "financial doping". I hope Man City's owners get badly burnt by this experience.

Sir David Gray
24-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Was that the same '' Also-rans '' that took care of you lot at Anfield ????

One win doesn't make a season. If it did, Hearts would now be challenging for the title after last Sunday's result. :faf:

Throughout the course of a season, any rotten team can have a bit of luck on a one off day when they come out on top against one of the big sides.

After 18 matches, Liverpool have 27 points and are in 8th place, 10 points and 6 places behind Man Utd.

I think that means that they well and truly qualify for the "also-rans" category, along with City. :wink:

Wotherspiniesta
24-12-2009, 06:11 PM

Probably in that order.

:top marks