PDA

View Full Version : Rangers.... Can we beat them?

Hibercelona
19-12-2009, 04:04 PM
First of all, great result for us today. We battled hard and got what we deserved. :thumbsup:

But looking at the last 2 results from the buns... 3-0 and now 6-1 to Motherwell. :grr:

Can we do it?

We'll need to put on the performance of the season IMO. :agree:

Anyhow.... it will be a cracker! :thumbsup:

greenlex
19-12-2009, 04:05 PM
First of all, great result for us today. We battled hard and got what we deserved. :thumbsup:

But looking at the last 2 results from the buns... 3-0 and now 6-1 to Motherwell. :grr:

Can we do it?

Yes.:agree: Yes we can.

KeithTheHibby
19-12-2009, 04:06 PM

Can we do it?

Granted they are playing well but lets give some credit to ourselves, 12 games undefeated?

Should be a cracker and will be disappointed if we don't pick up at least a point.

JE89
19-12-2009, 04:06 PM
We can beat anyone on our day.... yet again we can lose to any one any day.

I think we may play well but go down to a 2-1 defeat. Hopefully not though :aok:

Calvin
19-12-2009, 04:07 PM
I fear that without Bamba we will not be strong enough to win. I'm not expecting a defeat though.

Nailrod
19-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Fulham 3-0 Man U... I rest my case.

Hibbie_Cameron
19-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Of Course:agree:

Seen far worse hibs teams beat far better rangers teams over the years. Nothing to fear but bamba will be a loss

Hibercelona
19-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Fulham 3-0 Man U... I rest my case.

If they can do that, then we can beat Rangers 10-0. :wink:

Nuff said. :thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
19-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Yeah we can beat them but if they keep playing the way they played against Dundee United and Motherwell they might spank us. Either way it will hopefully be a good game...

PeeJay
19-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Surely Rangers have more reason to fear us than we have to fear them ... often when they've played against a good side this year they've looked crap?

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
19-12-2009, 04:22 PM
We should just play our game and get right into the bigots. Bamba is a serious loss tho...

soupy
19-12-2009, 04:25 PM
aye, and i honestly think we will.........:notworthy:

Pretty Boy
19-12-2009, 04:34 PM
We can beat them, whether we will or not is another matter, but we certainly have nothing to fear from the unwashed barstewards.

snooky
19-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Key factor will be the referee and his reading of the game.
Usually, when the going is getting tough the trouser leg gets rolled up. :wink:

Baader
19-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Of course we can beat them. The players need to believe this too - and they will.

Ell_Chrisso
19-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Not being funny, but We could have easily put 5 or 6 past Motherwell also, as they aren't exactly the side they were over past couple season's.

Still great result for Rangers, and they are brimming with confidence atmo, and reacted well since getting beat from Aberdeen.

But there lies what we should look too...

Weve beaten Aberdeen home & away, and they put Rangers in there place.

They are knowhere near as good a side as they used to be, and we should play with all the confidence in the world, to go out and beat them.

MSK
19-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Not being funny, but We could have easily put 5 or 6 past Motherwell also, as they aren't exactly the side they were over past couple season's.

Still great result for Rangers, and they are brimming with confidence atmo, and reacted well since getting beat from Aberdeen.

But there lies what we should look too...

Weve beaten Aberdeen home & away, and they put Rangers in there place.

They are knowhere near as good a side as they used to be, and we should play with all the confidence in the world, to go out and beat them.Agreed ..hopefully with an electric atmosphere at Easter rd ..lets get the place rocking ...!!!! :notworthy:

hfc rd
19-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Yes, we are capable of beating anyone in this league.

Sunny1875
19-12-2009, 05:00 PM
stupid question really

of course we can :agree:

Shrekko
19-12-2009, 05:00 PM
With todays team I reckon we could beat them. In fact I'd ideally want McBride in over Rankin, but either way I'd be quite comfortable.

However losing Bamba is a hammer blow, particularly if it's a case of taking Murray away from left back and having Stevenson in there. Upsets the balance of the team as well as the obvious drop in quality in 2 positions.

blackhibee
19-12-2009, 05:22 PM
I agree there is no reason why, on our current form we can't beat them, but Rangers seem to have 1 or 2 players back, like Beasley for example, who has looked good since he returned. It'd be great to beat them, but a draw would do nicely. If we did beat them maybe Sportsound wouldn't be so boring with Chic Young and co constantly going on about how brilliant Rangers are at the moment. And I STILL think Craig Brown should be locked away in an old folks home.

RoYO!
19-12-2009, 05:27 PM
they'll hopefully come and play football and that will open it up for us to play our game.

think it could be an absolute cracker. i expect both teams to score and probably a couple

EasterRoad4Ever
19-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Fact of the matter is the Huns are playing above themselves at the moment. Usually you look down a Hun team sheet ahead of a game and just hope they don't play to their potential. This Hun squad are a shadow of previous, and will crumble as soon as we go 1 or 2 up:thumbsup: They'll be happy with a point from ER.

A Hibs win will put us within a point or two of the top of the SPL, with a lower league club coming to first foot us :greengrin

spudhib
19-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Hopefully the Noon kickoff wont make it a damp squib as so many of these early games can be,2-1 Hibs win tho.:agree:

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Sure we can beat them, though Bamba will be a huge loss.

I hope we can make the game a sell out, the team deserves it. :agree:

GreenCastle
19-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Agreed ..hopefully with an electric atmosphere at Easter rd ..lets get the place rocking ...!!!! :notworthy:

Think it will be even with the early ko.

Biggest game of the season - lots at stake :agree:

brydekirk
19-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Of course we can beat them. The players need to believe this too - and they will.

at last, a possitive hibee.:thumbsup:

Simkin911
19-12-2009, 07:40 PM
We're on a fantastic unbeaten run, top defensive record, winning games without really playing that well and also at home!

I can't see us losing - even without Bamba. To be fair, when we have had missing players then those that have come in have performed well.

With all of this behind us then we should be more relaxed than I've ever known (since I started watching in mid 80's) before a visit from Rangers.

I think there's more pressure on them than us - after all they have to work on opening up that 25 point gap between us. :wink:

Lofarl
19-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Well if I was a dirty hun dole spunger I'd look upon the game in the civilised part of the world where I'd be happy with a draw.

After all they play their manky sister the next week, and you know how much that game means for both sets of the mankies.

Rangers will play for a draw I reckon.

vahibbie
19-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Short answer.

YES:thumbsup:

hibsbollah
19-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Looking at their team from today...

01 McGregor
03 Weir
05 Papac
21 Broadfoot
24 Bougherra
07 Davis
08 Thomson (McCulloch 20)
20 Beasley
09 Boyd (Lafferty 70)
10 Novo (Naismith 78)
18 Miller
I'd rather have our 11 than theirs, and we're at home. Can Rangers win? would be a better question:flag:

Big Frank
19-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Key factor will be the referee and his reading of the game.
Usually, when the going is getting tough the trouser leg gets rolled up. :wink:

:agree:

..but we can still do it.

The league up here needs an Hibernian win :agree:

stokesmessiah
19-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Of Course:agree:

Seen far worse hibs teams beat far better rangers teams over the years. Nothing to fear but bamba will be a loss

Am i right in thinking that when Bamba does get back he will be banned anyway??

GC
19-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Looking at their team from today...

01 McGregor
03 Weir -
05 Papac
21 Broadfoot
24 Bougherra
07 Davis
08 Thomson (McCulloch 20)
20 Beasley
09 Boyd (Lafferty 70)
10 Novo (Naismith 78)
18 Miller
I'd rather have our 11 than theirs, and we're at home. Can Rangers win? would be a better question:flag:

Only players from that side that I would take at ER.

We can beat Rangers next week. There is absolutely nothing to fear from them.

Sir David Gray
19-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Have I missed something re Bamba?

I knew that he was due to travel to Angola on the 27th but I thought that Hibs had requested for him to turn up a day or two late so that he could play against Rangers.

Has this definitely been knocked back? :confused:

scoopyboy
19-12-2009, 09:26 PM
I think winning today takes a bit of the pressure off Hibs.

If we had lost today everybody would be saying if / when we get beat by Rangers that will be the bubble burst, 1 point out of 9, etc.

I hope Hibs go for it.

marinello59
19-12-2009, 09:34 PM
We can beat them. Will we? Hope so.:thumbsup:

Jamesie
19-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Hopefully the fact it is the holidays will mean folk may partake in an early beverage at home will be well fired up come kick off time. I know I will be!

Good should conquer evil and always remember the Huns are nothing but evil. We can defeat them.

Chuckie
19-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Yes and we can win the league.
****ing right we can ya *****.

TornadoHibby
19-12-2009, 10:26 PM

Can we do it?

Not if we give the ball away as easily as we did very often today I fear! :agree:

Barney McGrew
19-12-2009, 10:29 PM
03 Weir
05 Papac
21 Broadfoot
24 Bougherra

Bougherra is not going to be playing since he's off to the African Nations too.

Take him out of that back four and it's piss poor.

Vini1875
19-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Yes we can, but we will have to replace Bamba who will be a huge loss for us and hope that Zemmama recovers from his injury today. It's really anybodies game, but I really believe we can pass them to death. It's all about Yogi's tactics I think and if we can match them in the battles.

blueisthecolour
19-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Bougherra is not going to be playing since he's off to the African Nations too.

Take him out of that back four and it's piss poor.

Wrong.

We have him for the hibs game, he goes to the African Nations after hibs game.

Barney McGrew
19-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Wrong.

We have him for the hibs game, he goes to the African Nations after hibs game.

That still leaves you three out of four that are piss poor then :greengrin

blueisthecolour
19-12-2009, 11:17 PM
That still leaves you three out of four that are piss poor then :greengrin

Yeah yeah, hibs are that good we will be playing with 4 centre halfs:wink:

Hainan Hibs
19-12-2009, 11:18 PM
If we get in amongst them right from kick off then we can win it. Rangers are *****, lets get stuck right intae them.

Mon the Hibs:notworthy:

basehibby
20-12-2009, 01:18 AM
Of course we can beat them - as always - will take a top performance to do it though - as always!

Too hard to call how it will turn out but as the OP says - it should be a cracker :thumbsup:

patlowe
20-12-2009, 01:58 AM
Only players from that side that I would take at ER.

We can beat Rangers next week. There is absolutely nothing to fear from them.

I just can't believe that. We would take them all, in a heartbeat.

Diclonius
20-12-2009, 02:01 AM
Have a bad feeling about this.

That said, I've had a bad feeling about the last twelve games. :greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
20-12-2009, 02:21 AM
Yeah yeah, hibs are that good we will be playing with 4 centre halfs:wink:

What's your gut feeling Blue?

Personally I think we might struggle with height, with Bamba out, but we'll give you a good game. :thumbsup:

CmoantheHibs
20-12-2009, 03:03 AM
Both teams are playing with confidence but ours has been built over 12 games as opposed to theirs being built up over 2.Take the lead and their confidence will start to crumble.It could go either way but our home form has been great so I expect us to win.:agree:

hibsbollah
20-12-2009, 07:45 AM

You might:wink: Personally I wouldnt take the likes of Weir or Miller in my arthritic middle-aged fatties fives game on Tuesday nights.

hibiedude
20-12-2009, 07:53 AM
We are on a 12 game unbeaten run and have not played at our best.

On our day we could beat anyone and have proved it many times

so forget this nonsense that the Huns are unbeatable because of there last 2 wins were by big margins.

The pressure is on them not us and yogi should go into the game telling the players the same thing

Dashing Bob S
20-12-2009, 08:53 AM
The Huns are playing better now than at any time during the season. But they are still just one bad result from being the hapless losers that floundered around tamely and pathetically in Europe, and we're more than capable than beating them.

That said, Dundee United were also more than capable and we can see what happened there.

Basically, anything could happen, and both teams will go into the game with confidence.

Hibs90
20-12-2009, 08:55 AM

No chance. Why have ***** like Davie Weir and Kenny Miller when you could have Sol Bamba and Anthony Stokes.:thumbsup:

hibbie02
20-12-2009, 09:00 AM
I think a lot depends on whether CalgaryHibs has sorted out his interwebnet thingy. I would feel a lot more confident when I see the match post go out. :greengrin Yesterday was murder until Stokes scored the first one.

cannastar
20-12-2009, 09:13 AM
i dont think the fact that rangers are out of europe and their league form has picked up is coincedence,it is what i believed would happen.thats why i was hoping they would have stayed in a bit after xmas when maybe they would have been a bit fatigued, disjointed and perhaps picked up a few injuries to boot.that said the reallity is they will be concentrating on the league and apart from the old firm clashes i believe they will see their matches with us as the biggest games of their season particularly next sunday.there is no reason though why we cannot beat them as we are playing very well and we also appear to be carrying a little bit of luck which is unusual but greatly accepted.im sure yogi will have our lads properly prepared physically and mentally leading up to sunday so lets hope our starting eleven perform to their best abillities throughout the 90 mins and the result falls in our favour.:wink:

Phil MaGlass
20-12-2009, 09:50 AM
I dont think we will beat them,better teams than Aberdeen will take advantage of our inability to string a few passes together and accident prone keeper, not forgetting the fact Aberdeen were the better team yesterday, except for us being able to score goals from nothing,mind you mibbe we will raise our game,I hope to god we can.
GERINTAETHUM.

sunshine1875
20-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Rangers have been on a good run since the defeat by Aberdeen, but the next three games are massive for them (Hibs away, Utd home and Celtic away). Should they lose or draw them, then there is the risk to them that Celtic/Hibs will overtake them. But if they win the three then they could take a very strong lead over the three main challengers.

Personally, I think we need to play this game with our heads. If Rangers get a goal up, we will struggle. But the longer we keep it tight, I think the better chance we have of winning. That said, we don't want to sit back and have them coming at us.

I think we need to understand that we don't have to win this game to achieve our main aim for the season (3rd place). Whereas, Rangers will feel they have to win it to keep ahead of Celtic before the Infirm game.

Keep it tight, make them make the mistakes and we have the players to make them suffer. And, pin Thomsons recent newspaper talk to the wall as a wee reminder before going on to the pitch.

goosano
20-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Hibs are currently a rather tasty 4/1 to win according to oddschecker

Hibernian Verse
20-12-2009, 11:45 AM
No doubt we'll now see a boring 0-0 :greengrin

blueisthecolour
20-12-2009, 12:06 PM
What's your gut feeling Blue?

Personally I think we might struggle with height, with Bamba out, but we'll give you a good game. :thumbsup:

I think we will win 2-1, we have been playing great of late, and scoring goals which is a bonus, and not just Boyd who is getting them, I know hibs have been getting results so it will be a tight game, I think your right about Bamba he will be a big loss for you's and us having Bougherra is a big plus.

Lets hope we see a game as good as the one at Ibrox, with both teams going fo it.

Rossco1875
20-12-2009, 12:10 PM
can rangers beat us?

can they f***k mon the hibs !:thumbsup:

Hibee_Rab
20-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah we can beat them but if we keep playing the way we played against Dundee United and Motherwell we will spank them. Either way it will hopefully be a good game...:wink:

Judas Iscariot
20-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Short answer.

YES:thumbsup:

:top marks

ski1875
20-12-2009, 06:11 PM
speaking to a rangers fan whose puttin his money on hibs, reckons dundee united gave them a good run for there money and they struggle to cope with teams attacking them . no bougherra either ... hibees why not :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
20-12-2009, 06:15 PM
I think we will win 2-1, we have been playing great of late, and scoring goals which is a bonus, and not just Boyd who is getting them, I know hibs have been getting results so it will be a tight game, I think your right about Bamba he will be a big loss for you's and us having Bougherra is a big plus.

Lets hope we see a game as good as the one at Ibrox, with both teams going fo it.

Is Bougherra not missing also ? :confused:

Have heard the huns have improved the last two games - using the width well.

I don't see it being pretty on the 27th and would take a draw.

But no doubt if we score 1st we can beat them :top marks

:notworthy:

Sir David Gray
20-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Is Bougherra not missing also ? :confused:

Have heard the huns have improved the last two games - using the width well.

I don't see it being pretty on the 27th and would take a draw.

But no doubt if we score 1st we can beat them :top marks

Algeria have allowed him to arrive late so he will be able to play against Hibs.

hibsfan7
20-12-2009, 06:23 PM
well if that pile of crap can beat celtic

then the answer is YES

GreenCastle
20-12-2009, 06:25 PM
The thread should be titled -

Can Rangers beat us ? :grr:

We are 12 games unbeaten :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
20-12-2009, 06:44 PM
On our game we can beat anyone, we must ensure we get right into their faces early on, and have a real go at them. With our forwards we are capable of getting goals.....

The old firm are not a force to be feared any longer..........

weedgiehibbie
20-12-2009, 06:45 PM

:agree: agree with this comment - shaping up to be a great game

Like the game at ibrox i felt confident of getting a result there and same again here - wil be tough but we have a great chance of getting 3 points against a current in-form gers team :cool2:

johnrebus
20-12-2009, 06:50 PM
I think it important that the fans get right behind the team from the start, drowning out the bile and nonsense that is likely to pour out of the South Stand.

We need to be the twelfth man right from the off, rather than waiting for things to happen first.

johnrebus
20-12-2009, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=
Lets hope we see a game as good as the one at Ibrox, with both teams going fo it.[/QUOTE]

Could'nt care if it turns out to be the worst game ever played at ER as we as beat the team known as ' Scotlands' shame '.

GIRUY

GreenCastle
20-12-2009, 06:58 PM
I think it important that the fans get right behind the team from the start, drowning out the bile and nonsense that is likely to pour out of the South Stand.

We need to be the twelfth man right from the off, rather than waiting for things to happen first.

I would expect best atmosphere of the season this Sunday even if an early kick off.

Kevvy1875
20-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Attack, Attack, Attack will be the order of the day for me:thumbsup:. Defence is going to be a bit of a brainteaser for Yogi. First and foremost we have no Bamba and then there is the dilema with RB? Wotherspoon was the weak link at Ibrox(as good a season as he has had) and the Huns will look to exploit that again. If Wotherspoon is at RB then look for Smith putting Lafferty on the left and high balls on top of him all day.

Soooooo? We have to push up the park and try and hem them in as much as possible.

sunshine1875
20-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Some of Motherwell's play against Rangers looked suicidal, very open and easy goals for Rangers, though well taken. I don't think they will get the same space at ER.:pray:

The player that worries me is Beasely.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8423623.stm

Had to laugh at the BBC comment "Rangers have a convincing home win over Motherwell in a seven goal thriller at Ibrox. BBC Scotland's Liam McLeod describes the action". Six-one is a thriller!!!

blueisthecolour
20-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Attack, Attack, Attack will be the order of the day for me:thumbsup:. Defence is going to be a bit of a brainteaser for Yogi. First and foremost we have no Bamba and then there is the dilema with RB? Wotherspoon was the weak link at Ibrox(as good a season as he has had) and the Huns will look to exploit that again. If Wotherspoon is at RB then look for Smith putting Lafferty on the left and high balls on top of him all day.

Soooooo? We have to push up the park and try and hem them in as much as possible.

Not a chance of Lafferty starting imo, we will go with Novo and Beasley out wide with Miller and Boyd, in the last three game with these players up front we have scored 12 goals and conceded 1, can't see much change from our team.

blueisthecolour
20-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Could'nt care if it turns out to be the worst game ever played at ER as we as beat the team known as ' Scotlands' shame '.

GIRUY

If we get 3 points I will agree with this but there is nothing wrong with hoping to go to see a good game also, we are playing some really good football just now and I know Hibs play good football also so lets hope for a good game.

mim
20-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Not a chance of Lafferty starting imo, we will go with Novo and Beasley out wide with Miller and Boyd, in the last three game with these players up front we have scored 12 goals and conceded 1, can't see much change from our team.

Oh, I do hope you're right. I really do. :thumbsup:

Kevvy1875
20-12-2009, 09:37 PM

Well you probs have a better idea than me what team Rangers will put out. Horses for courses though? Hard run of games Rangers are on just now so I wouldnt be surprised if Smith rotates players.

Not that it matters anyway....Hibs will still CRUSH the Gers:greengrin

blueisthecolour
20-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Oh, I do hope you're right. I really do. :thumbsup:

So do I, you haven't seen our last 3 games have you?

gringojoe
20-12-2009, 09:42 PM
I can't see Yogi putting out our reserve side to save the players for the yams match, so yes we can beat the huns and get confidence from that hammer the yams and go on to win the league:thumbsup:

blueisthecolour
20-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Well you probs have a better idea than me what team Rangers will put out. Horses for courses though? Hard run of games Rangers are on just now so I wouldnt be surprised if Smith rotates players.

Not that it matters anyway....Hibs will still CRUSH the Gers:greengrin

I know what your saying about rotating players but I feel he will keep the players who have done superbly well the last 3 games for the hibs game, by the time the game comes the player will have had a weeks rest, so any rotation will be kept for out midweek game after the hibs game against utd, as this game is at home and just before the celtic game.

I could be completely wrong but that's my feeling.