PDA

View Full Version : Yams 18 points back, sinking towards relegation battle (merged)

KeithTheHibby
19-12-2009, 02:23 PM
could go down 2 places today if results go against them, Merry Xmas yam fuds.:thumbsup:

hibiedude
19-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Sounds fair to me :greengrin

Kevvy1875
19-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Amen:jamboak:

Woody1985
19-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Even that flatters them.

Rory89
19-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Hopefully they beat Celtic tommorow though.

Woody1985
19-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Hopefully they beat Celtic tommorow though.

It looks like the OF are coming into a bit of form.

I'd like the OF to drop as many points as possible but still can't help thinking it's not going to matter in the end. If Hearts can win and we can beat the huns then it might remove some of my pesimism.

The huns game is lined up to be a cracker.

Hibby70
19-12-2009, 03:44 PM
mmm decisions decisions. Yams to win tomorrow to keep us close to the OF or lose and potentially be bottom of the league next week.

Rory89
19-12-2009, 03:47 PM
It looks like the OF are coming into a bit of form.

I'd like the OF to drop as many points as possible but still can't help thinking it's not going to matter in the end. If Hearts can win and we can beat the huns then it might remove some of my pesimism.

The huns game is lined up to be a cracker.

The likely scenario is that Rantic pull away from us. What's even less likely than us finishing 1st or 2nd is Hearts finishing anywhere near us, so I'd rather we were at least involved near the top for as long as possible.

Sean1875
19-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Ive never thought wed be splitting the ugly sisters so ill be hoping Celtic hump them tomorrow

Part/Time Supporter
19-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Falkirk could go above them next week

:faf:

Barney McGrew
19-12-2009, 03:54 PM
18 points behind the wee team and two points off bottom place.

You'd better start praying that you don't lose on Boxing Day.

GIRFUY.

scott7_0(Prague)
19-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Merry Christmas folks. :wink:

:thumbsup:

KeithTheHibby
19-12-2009, 03:58 PM
I think they have only dropped one place however are a damn sight closer to Falkirk that's for sure.

Would settle for a draw tomorrow.

Hibercelona
19-12-2009, 03:59 PM
They've been telling us all along that we just arent on their level to be their rivals.

I agree. :agree:

Sprouleflyer
19-12-2009, 03:59 PM

GIRFUY.

Don't speak too soon, remember we have the Huns at ER next week and St Johnstone away before the Derby, you never know, Hearts could go into that game with some confidence if results go their way......but then again :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
19-12-2009, 04:00 PM

GIRFUY.

Where's dipped freak when you need him?

:grr:

LET'S BE HAVING YOU

:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
19-12-2009, 04:05 PM
I know we should hope that they take something from tomorrow against Celtic, but I certainly wouldn't cry myself to sleep if they sustained a crushing defeat, followed by a boxing day humping at Falkirk.

Would set it up nicely for us to but them to the sword at New Year, Vlad to do some nifty firesales in January, Casa to walk, and UBIG/the funny bank to pull the plug in Feb.

greenlex
19-12-2009, 04:07 PM
I know we should hope that they take something from tomorrow against Celtic, but I certainly wouldn't cry myself to sleep if they sustained a crushing defeat, followed by a boxing day humping at Falkirk.

Would set it up nicely for us to but them to the sword at New Year, Vlad to do some nifty firesales in January, Casa to walk, and UBIG/the funny bank to pull the plug in Feb.
Tomorrow is yet again another win/win situation. Sit back, relax and enjoy the game no matter the result. :thumbsup:

Hibby Bairn
19-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Can't see anything other than a home win next week. JT's don't have the characters for a relegation battle. They are in serious do do.

hibs0666
19-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Anyone know what the top fannies, the Boabster and Pilton Rubber Johnny, are saying to it?

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Tomorrow is yet again another win/win situation. Sit back, relax and enjoy the game no matter the result. :thumbsup:

Yep, if the Yams take anything from the game tomorrow, it keeps us just behind Celtic.

TBH, I still rather see the Yams getting severely humped. It would be soooo funny if they come to ER at New Year bottom of the league. :greengrin

steakbake
19-12-2009, 04:22 PM

Hobonomics, Bob. It's just like owing money to yourself. Anyway, Kingston can go for all they care - they're better of without him. And Stewart. And Driver. And Nade etc. You can be sure Csaba will be given a blank chequebook in January to bring in some world cup stars and I wouldn't be surprised if they finish above us in the league this year.

Dashing Bob S
19-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Anyone know what the top fannies, the Boabster and Pilton Rubber Johnny, are saying to it?

Probably something along the lines of Black Saltire's post below. If they were passengers on the Titanic, they'd be sitting at the bottom of the Ocean telling any octopuses crazy enough to listen that no iceberg would sink that ship.

Nailrod
19-12-2009, 04:29 PM
:music:
If I was a jambo,
A jambo a jambo,
If I was a jambo,
Ah'd be kackin' ma breeks!
:singing:

TheBall'sRound
19-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Yep, if the Yams take anything from the game tomorrow, it keeps us just behind Celtic.

TBH, I still rather see the Yams getting severely humped. It would be soooo funny if they come to ER at New Year bottom of the league. :greengrin

Can't understand this. This scenario would guarantee an awat win. That's just how the derby is!

Course I would be very very pleased to send them to the bottom at 5pm on the day!

Jim44
19-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Would prefer to see cellick drop the points, Hearts are not a concern just now. cellick are.

:agree: To hell with the Jambos plight. We want to see teams around us dropping points so, it hurts me to say it, but I'm behind the Jambos tomorrow. In any case Celtic are beginning to believe in themselves with a few wins and a stunning :greengrin draw in Europe during the week.

RoYO!
19-12-2009, 04:42 PM
always want hearts to get beat no matter who they're playing.

Nailrod
19-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Some classic stuff on kackboak... I particularly enjoyed this:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=67919&page=2#post1396445

I'm starting to think Killie rather than Falkirk are the team to stay above...Clearly that 'five year plan' is steamrollering on at full throttle, and ambitions are running high down tiny way...

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-12-2009, 04:49 PM
always want hearts to get beat no matter who they're playing.

:agree: :top marks

steakbake
19-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Probably something along the lines of Black Saltire's post below. If they were passengers on the Titanic, they'd be sitting at the bottom of the Ocean telling any octopuses crazy enough to listen that no iceberg would sink that ship.

I've heard from various fuds that the problems at hearts are all down to Csaba. Yes - that's right lads. Your team's gash because the manager doesn't know what he's doing. Nothing at all to do with a team full of total wasters who are taking the club for thousands per week it doesn't have.

If it wasn't Hearts, I might feel slightly sorry for them.

Woody1985
19-12-2009, 04:51 PM
I've heard from various fuds that the problems at hearts are all down to Csaba. Yes - that's right lads. Your team's gash because the manager doesn't know what he's doing. Nothing at all to do with a team full of total wasters who are taking the club for thousands per week it doesn't have.

Who got them to 3rd last year then?

Storar
19-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Who got them to 3rd last year then?
Bruno Aguiar:agree:

steakbake
19-12-2009, 04:54 PM

No. It was Mr Romanov.

The problem isn't Laslo. The club's in regular turmoil. I would imagine that Csaba Laslo has one of the most difficult jobs in Scottish football. He's got a Chairman who is a total choob, there's no money in the club to bring new folk in and he works with players who think they are a million times better than they actually are.

All the while, they're telling people that they're well off and everything is sound.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-12-2009, 05:00 PM

:agree:

Not fussed about the result either way tomorrow, Hertz loss heaps on the misery and a Celtc loss heaps the pressure on the increasingly dis-likeable Saint Tony...... :thumbsup:

Dibben
19-12-2009, 05:00 PM
I reckon we should make it a team effort and loan Falkirk & Kilmarnock our decent young lads who can't get in our team... :greengrin

BH.

hibbybrian
19-12-2009, 05:03 PM
It seems that I can't view the post, however I notice that the maroon Snowman is much bigger than the Green Snowman so that immediately put me in my place as a wee team supporter :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-12-2009, 05:04 PM
I reckon we should make it a team effort and loan Falkirk & Kilmarnock our decent young lads who can't get in our team... :greengrin

BH.

Capital idea :top marks

greenginger
19-12-2009, 05:05 PM
If Hearts lose tomorrow, even if only by one goal, they go third bottom on goal difference below St Mirren :thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
19-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Has anyone got a username they're prepared to sacrifice to bump up their thread from the summer with the poll on how many points they'd finish above us?

IIRC the most common answer was 18 points.

At least they got the gap between us right :greengrin

hibbybrian
19-12-2009, 05:06 PM

BH.

Unfortunately a move doomed to failure - don't you know that Hertz have the best youngsters on their books :devil:

Fantic
19-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Can't get into that website so always appreciate any hilarious quotes that are copied over to here.

Keep them coming:greengrin

Woody1985
19-12-2009, 05:12 PM

They can't put 3rd place down to him. I know he was a good player but I thought he was injured a fair bit.

Hibercelona
19-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Can't get into that website so always appreciate any hilarious quotes that are copied over to here.

:agree:

Barney McGrew
19-12-2009, 05:14 PM

OK :cool2:

One from the thread I mentioned above:

If things get scrappy for us, we could find potentially find ourselves struggling a bit in mid-table for a while - and if they do really well and are borderline for a top six place we might only finish a point or two ahead of them

:hahaha: :blah:

lucky
19-12-2009, 05:17 PM
The Yams score to tomorrow is defo a win/win for us. If they take something we are close to the smellies if they get humped then they are even closer to the bottom of the league. Good viewing except for the plebs in the ground

Nailrod
OK :cool2:

One from the thread I mentioned above::hahaha: :blah:
It must be a diamond mine that one. :wink:

Barney McGrew
It must be a diamond mine that one. :wink:

:smokin

RoYO!
19-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Has anyone got a username they're prepared to sacrifice to bump up their thread from the summer with the poll on how many points they'd finish above us?

was just thinking the same :thumbsup: so thats them 36 points behind their projection after 15/16 games :wink:

Hibernian Verse
19-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Can someone point me towards that thread? I'd be happy to oblige to the bumping up of it :greengrin

JohnnyHibby
19-12-2009, 05:21 PM

This the same Csaba that was manager of the year????

H18sry
19-12-2009, 05:26 PM
From our old fud friend Shuan

Absolutely. Up front, Hibs are a collection of individuals who in my view haven't gelled as they probably can yet. But for a side which honestly seem to have played 4-2-4 at times this season, what's surprising is the steel they now seem to have. I wasn't expecting that from a John Hughes team at all: I thought they'd win more than they lost, but subside in typical Hibs fashion in awkward looking away games.

Well, that hasn't happened yet: and for all that the fixture list has favoured them at times so far, results like Motherwell 1-3 Hibs, Rangers 1-1 Hibs and Aberdeen 0-2 Hibs have to be respected. What I want it to do is give everyone at Hearts a kick up the arse and the motivation to catch them and reassert ourselves: what they're doing is almost as much of a wake-up call as our miserable position. But will it

:blah::blah:

--------
19-12-2009, 05:26 PM
From Keechback. Stokesy (who you may remember the Yams were just about to sign when Yogi captured him for us, at which point he transformed into a Hobo runt not good enough for the mighty Heart of Midlothian) seems to be irritating the morons.

"We've got 13 league goals this season so far. By my calculations, Riordan and Stokes now have 13 league goals this season so far. ****ing depressing." :devil:

"hope his house burns down !" :tsk tsk:

"And I hope someone snaps the little Hobo runt in two." :tsk tsk:

Apparently we have Jumbo Jim Jeffries to thank for our modest run of results this season: "Hughes is mirroring JJ's transfer policy and footballing philosophy (which is no surprise since he worked under him for many years) now he has moved to a bigger club. I'm not suggesting his signings are as good as the likes of McCann or Cameron but they don't need to be as the SPL is a far poorer league. We can only hope and pray he doesn't emulate his success."

Round of applause for Jumbo.... No? thought not. :devil:

And finally, an offering from our verbally diarrhetic old chum Shaun (my mummy won't let me go to the football until I'm a big boy) Lawson:

"Couple of things on this:

1. Hibs fans aren't used to seeing steel from their team, and them actually grinding out results without playing well instead of subsiding like blancmange like they traditionally do. Therefore, I think it's confusing them a bit.

2. For all we always go on about their delusional traits, I think you'd be surprised how many Hibs fans have been scarred by their torrent of failures over the years, and also those who always expect them (with much historical justification) to come down with the Xmas decorations. Therefore, they think it can't last, is bound to go wrong etc, and are naturally playing down their chances instead of bigging them up.

For myself, I think they're bound to hit a sticky patch, and fall comfortably behind the top two. If Levein stays until May, I also think United will pip them to 3rd; but not if he doesn't. But what concerns me is, unlike many, I think they can and will play better: there's something different about them this season, and in SPL terms, Hughes is a much better manager than he's generally given credit for.

I really wish I had that sort of incisive in-stink-tive understanding of the game. Bear in mind he's never seen his OWN team, never mind ours. :devil:

Hibernian Verse
19-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Found it. http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55639&page=2

Happy days. Serves them right.

Liam89
19-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Kickback **** discussing Lee Millers red card.

"Lee Miller shown up for what he really is - a cheating, bad tempered dirty thug.

Albeit it was Merouane Shoebomber he clattered."

Racist c...

Dashing Bob S
19-12-2009, 05:30 PM
From Keechback. Stokesy (who you may remember the Yams were just about to sign when Yogi captured him for us, at which point he transformed into a Hobo runt not good enough for the mighty Heart of Midlothian) seems to be irritating the morons.

"We've got 13 league goals this season so far. By my calculations, Riordan and Stokes now have 13 league goals this season so far. ****ing depressing." :devil:

Apparently we have Jumbo Jim Jeffries to thank for our modest run of results this season: "Hughes is mirroring JJ's transfer policy and footballing philosophy (which is no surprise since he worked under him for many years) now he has moved to a bigger club. I'm not suggesting his signings are as good as the likes of McCann or Cameron but they don't need to be as the SPL is a far poorer league. We can only hope and pray he doesn't emulate his success."

And finally, an offering from our verbally diarrhetic old chum Shaun (my mummy won't let me go to the football until I'm a big boy) Lawson:

1. Hibs fans aren't used to seeing steel from their team, and them actually grinding out results without playing well instead of subsiding like blancmange like they traditionally do. Therefore, I think it's confusing them a bit.

2. For all we always go on about their delusional traits, I think you'd be surprised how many Hibs fans have been scarred by their torrent of failures over the years, and also those who always expect them (with much historical justification) to come down with the Xmas decorations. Therefore, they think it can't last, is bound to go wrong etc, and are naturally playing down their chances instead of bigging them up.

For myself, I think they're bound to hit a sticky patch, and fall comfortably behind the top two. If Levein stays until May, I also think United will pip them to 3rd; but not if he doesn't. But what concerns me is, unlike many, I think they can and will play better: there's something different about them this season, and in SPL terms, Hughes is a much better manager than he's generally given credit for.

I really wish I had that sort of incisive in-stink-tive understanding of the game. Bear in mind he's never seen his OWN team, never mind ours. :devil:

Ah...Shaun. Who needs to attend games sitting in cold stands when there is the internet?

H18sry
19-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Found it. http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55639&page=2

Happy days. Serves them right.

I think you may be emptied soon :greengrin

erin-go-bragh87
19-12-2009, 05:31 PM

Ill do it if I can find the thread!!! This should be good.......dont even think Im going to disguise my self any more just gona give them it tight and see how long it is before they delete the post and ban me. Any ideas on the name of the thread???

Hibernian Verse
19-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Ill do it if I can find the thread!!! This should be good.......dont even think Im going to disguise my self any more just gona give them it tight and see how long it is before they delete the post and ban me. Any ideas on the name of the thread???

Done, but have another go :greengrin

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55639&page=2

Hank Schrader
19-12-2009, 05:32 PM
That thread is a hoot. Well it was funny until Shaun bored me sh*tless and sent me to sleep....

--------
19-12-2009, 05:34 PM
OOPS! Started one about this particular thread myself.

Apologies - perhaps a nice admin might do a wee merge?

There's a nice bit where some of them are saying that the 'runt' isn't as good as the others are making out, and someone comes on to post "The runt's just scored again". :devil:

Why do so many good players refuse to sign for Hearts?

Their proud history, their traditions, their heritage, their financial probity, their state-of-the-art training facilities, their team spirit....

Sorry, that's US I'm thinking of there. :devil:

Hibernian Verse
19-12-2009, 05:34 PM
I think you may be emptied soon :greengrin

Their historical replies are quite humourous, clinging onto anything they can find.

Alex Trager
19-12-2009, 05:36 PM
dono if this has been posted, but there's a poll from before the season asking how many they will finish above us!!!!!:top marks:top marksand one commeting about stokes whch i've been following since the beggining , its immense

Baw187
19-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Excellent insight there from our smelly friends! First real indicaion of acceptance and desperadoness coming from 18pointsback! Adios Yam bams!

Kato
That thread is a hoot. Well it was funny until Shaun bored me sh*tless and sent me to sleep....

He's a prat - hasn't even seen Hibs to make any comment on us.

A slaver in a Jamboland full of total slavers.

Kevvy1875

Just go in through a free proxy? I have several thousand tucked up my sleeve:wink:

Barney McGrew
19-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Has someone bumped it?

Good work :faf:

It'll not be long until you start to get the usual junkie and 108 years jibes.

They're hurting REALLY REALLY REALLY badly just now

Hibernian Verse
19-12-2009, 05:38 PM
They're very slow with their emptying :confused:

hfc rd
19-12-2009, 05:39 PM

Not as good? :faf:. Yogi's signings are much better than those two. McCann was released by Falkirk and no club wanted him, so therfore he now works on sky sports. Cameron can't even get a game for Dundee. Typical yams. They are just jealous that they are relegation candidates and we are competing for europe and challenging the old firm. :jamboak:.

erin-go-bragh87
Done, but have another go :greengrin

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55639&page=2

Done, dont think Ill be allowed back on their in a hurry!!!:thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
They're very slow

I've fixed that for you :wink:

Vlad's been there five years and they've not sussed out he not the messiah yet.

Part/Time Supporter
19-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Not as good? :faf:. Yogi's signings are much better than those two. McCann was released by Falkirk and no club wanted him, so therfore he now works on sky sports. Cameron can't even get a game for Dundee. Typical yams. They are just jealous that they are relegation candidates and we are competing for europe and challenging the old firm. :jamboak:.

The yam means how Jefferies signed Cameron, McCann, Weir for the Yams about 15 years ago, forming the basis of the team that challenged the OF in 97/98. I'm not really sure how that is comparable to Yogi's signings now though, his have been a mixture of guys who are talented, but were struggling to get a game at decent English clubs (ie Stack, Miller, Stokes), or players from his old gaff. Whereas Jefferies signings then were more of an eclectic mix of foreigners (eg Adam) and a few players from 'lesser' Scottish clubs (Raith, Dundee, Falkirk). Not really comparable at all IMO. Plus that was in the last few years when Scottish clubs outside the OF actually spent transfer fees on players, before Bosman took effect.

Hibernian Verse
19-12-2009, 05:41 PM
ooft.

Have you not got a brother or sister you should be diddling?

I don't have any siblings, so I'll settle for yours.

Kevvy1875
19-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Attention all those banned from Keekback. There is a way round it....use one of the free proxies on this site. Some are better than others....so if it is full of pop-up ads then just use another:wink:

For those not familiar with Proxys...what it basicaly does is makes the server you are logging onto think you are some other IP address(the one you are routed through....could be in outer mongolia or anywhere really).

http://proxy.org/cgi_proxies.shtml

There is the link....and if you get banned? Dont worry there are 1000s of proxies you can use!

Greenblood70
19-12-2009, 05:48 PM
The tramps over there are now kindly keeping the "How Many points will we finish ahead of Hibs" thread at the top of the board in their slavering anger at Milkinho.

You really couldn't make Hearts fans up eh?:greengrin

Alex Trager
19-12-2009, 05:50 PM
i've been banned twice and am now on my third account:greengrin

BS44
19-12-2009, 05:51 PM
This guy knows his stuff -

Interesting. 37 points was enough for ICT to be relegated last season, with Falkirk and St. Mirren there or thereabouts too. I think that Hamilton will be significantly worse, as will Motherwell, and Kilmarnock too will be bottom 6. That leaves 2 spaces in the bottom 6 to be filled, leaving the final space between hibs and St. Johnstone.

Now, for me, all those 7 teams are pretty much of a muchness and you couldn't really get an a4 slice of paper between them. Assuming this, they will be taking points off each other left right and centre, whilst the other 5 teams pull away. This being the case, I could see hibs (whilst certainly the least likely, and it did hurt to say that) in relegation trouble at the end of the season with, somewhere around as you say, the 37 point mark.

I don't however think it unreasonable to believe that we will not go backwards as a club this season, Csaba's tactics and ideas have already been ingrained into most of the players, and for once, new signings are getting a proper pre-season. That being the case, is 57-60 points unreasonable for us to achieve?

erin-go-bragh87
19-12-2009, 05:51 PM
The tramps over there are now kindly keeping the "How Many points will we finish ahead of Hibs" thread at the top of the board in their slavering anger at Milkinho.

You really couldn't make Hearts fans up eh?:greengrin

They are brilliant! Im posting as Chris1987 and they are ALL biting.

magpie1892
19-12-2009, 05:52 PM
'I just feel that all that Hibs have done is sign Falkirk rejects, and that lot should have been relegated last season, we on the other hand have signed players with at least some pedigree behind them'

This by far the best quote on the KB 'how many points' thread. Eveything you need to know about the jambo mentality, all wrapped up in a single sentence.

Hibernian Verse
19-12-2009, 05:52 PM
You'd have thought we'd have been emptied by now, are they just keeping as as pet vermin?

The anger they stir up from two people on the windup is really quite distressing.

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-12-2009, 05:53 PM

Some of them having a right go at Stokes at the moment and one of them even said "I hope his house burns down", this is the type of vermin that we have as neighbours, **** of the highest order

erin-go-bragh87
19-12-2009, 05:54 PM
You'd have thought we'd have been emptied by now, are they just keeping as as pet vermin?

The anger they stir up from two people on the windup is really quite distressing.

One of them just told me they hope I enjoyed my only post. Ive posted three more times since then!! So childish and yet so funny winding them up!!!

Part/Time Supporter
19-12-2009, 05:58 PM
'I just feel that all that Hibs have done is sign Falkirk rejects, and that lot should have been relegated last season, we on the other hand have signed players with at least some pedigree behind them'

This by far the best quote on the KB 'how many points' thread. Eveything you need to know about the jambo mentality, all wrapped up in a single sentence.

Suso - spanish amateur (literally)
Witteveen - austrian amateur (literally)
Bouzid - Zarabi at centre half
Kucharski - Polish diddy team reserve
Black - bottom six hacker if ever there was one

Only decent "signing" they made was Goncalves returning from Germany, although Vlad would far rather that Nuremberg had paid the dosh agreed for him. God knows where they would be if they had.

:eek:

Hibernian Verse
19-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Post of the day goes to me:

Enjoy your once in a bluemoon moment:108years:

You do know that Bluemoons occur on average about every 2.7154 years?

Therefore this isn't once in a bluemoon is it? And to think you lot were telling me I had one braincell.

Barney McGrew
19-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Post of the day goes to me:

Making them look like diddies across there is like shooting fish in a barrel

--------
19-12-2009, 06:01 PM

Aw, Shaun's a wee lamb.... zzzzzzzz.......

I.J

Interesting. 37 points was enough for ICT to be relegated last season, with Falkirk and St. Mirren there or thereabouts too. I think that Hamilton will be significantly worse, as will Motherwell, and Kilmarnock too will be bottom 6. That leaves 2 spaces in the bottom 6 to be filled, leaving the final space between hibs and St. Johnstone.

Now, for me, all those 7 teams are pretty much of a muchness and you couldn't really get an a4 slice of paper between them. Assuming this, they will be taking points off each other left right and centre, whilst the other 5 teams pull away. This being the case, I could see hibs (whilst certainly the least likely, and it did hurt to say that) in relegation trouble at the end of the season with, somewhere around as you say, the 37 point mark.

I don't however think it unreasonable to believe that we will not go backwards as a club this season, Csaba's tactics and ideas have already been ingrained into most of the players, and for once, new signings are getting a proper pre-season. That being the case, is 57-60 points unreasonable for us to achieve?

"I don't however think it unreasonable to believe that we will not go backwards as a club this season....."

That's a TRIPLE FREAKIN NEGATIVE! What on earth is the plankton-brain talking about?

That freak-show's been going backwards since the Pieman sold out.

Hibernian Verse
19-12-2009, 06:03 PM
You have been banned for the following reason:
hobo wind up merchant

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

:boo hoo:

:notworthy:

Can someone keep me updated? :greengrin

erin-go-bragh87
19-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Thats me banned:

u have been banned for the following reason:
windup merchant

PaulSmith
19-12-2009, 06:04 PM

Suso - spanish amateur (literally)
Witteveen - austrian amateur (literally)
Bouzid - Zarabi at centre half
Kucharski - Polish diddy team reserve
Black - bottom six hacker if ever there was one

Only decent "signing" they made was Goncalves returning from Germany, although Vlad would far rather that Nuremberg had paid the dosh agreed for him. God knows where they would be if they had.

:eek:

Well they're just about to play the second half of the season without him and if he's away before Jan 3rd then happy days...

hibsbollah
19-12-2009, 06:05 PM
"Get out you are polluting my PC ya nugget.
Cling on to the past, we are the big team FACT":faf:

Are there really people like this?:faf:

hibsbollah
19-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Chris 1987 take a bow:greengrin

"oh wait that prolific goalscoring whale that plays up front for you might be a bit of a problem for our catering staff."
:top marks

Storar
19-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Aw, Shaun's a wee lamb.... zzzzzzzz.......

"I don't however think it unreasonable to believe that we will not go backwards as a club this season....."

That's a TRIPLE FREAKIN NEGATIVE! What on earth is the plankton-brain talking about?

That freak-show's been going backwards since the Pieman sold out.

:faf: Exactly! Took me about 10 reads to understand what the **** he was on about:jamboak:

erin-go-bragh87
Chris 1987 take a bow:greengrin

"oh wait that prolific goalscoring whale that plays up front for you might be a bit of a problem for our catering staff."

Thanks. It was worth the ban for that post alone!!

--------
"Get out you are polluting my PC ya nugget.
Cling on to the past, we are the big team FACT":faf:

Are there really people like this?:faf:

There are indeed, and they inhabit a bus-shelter near you..... :devil:

Woody1985
19-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Did any of you read who their potential new striker might be? Izale McCloud, he was sent off last month for violent conduct, an elbow, and had a 3 match ban. He'll fit right in!

hibsbollah
19-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Stokes 'Makes Nade look like Pele' was the point at which I gave up:faf:
Most of these numbskulls must be undercover hibbys surely?

Storar
19-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Stokes 'Makes Nade look like Pele' was the point at which I gave up:faf:
Most of these numbskulls must be undercover hibbys surely?

:agree: There has to be more Hibs and Aberdeen fans on there than Hearts fans

jakedance
19-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Its weird how confident they usually are though eh? I, on the other hand always think they'll be better than they actually are and that we'll get beat. That's your wee team mentality though, I suppose.

Its a win win tomorrow of course. I don't see us troubling the old firm over the course of the season (see above) but it would be nice if Hearts took something to keep us up there. I'd also like to see them get turned over at home to keep them worried over Christmas. Decisions decisions.

IWasThere2016
19-12-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm for Yams 0-4 Cellic as I want the tossers relegated :agree:

Sergey
19-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Thats me banned:

you have been banned for the following reason:
windup merchant

That'll be on my headstone :greengrin

erin-go-bragh87
19-12-2009, 07:17 PM
That'll be on my headstone :greengrin

degenerated
19-12-2009, 07:18 PM
before this goes the same way as threads such as elvis is mr hearts, is burley the best manager ever, rix is a hero, how good is that phil anderton, where's my 42" plasma and what do you mean that european trip deposit is not refundable :greengrin

:lolyam:

Barney McGrew
19-12-2009, 07:20 PM
You're right - it's only a matter of time before the Kickback Pravda decide to delete the thread*, so it needs to be kept for posterity.

(*or are told to delete it :greengrin)

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-12-2009, 07:31 PM
before this goes the same way as threads such as elvis is mr hearts, is burley the best manager ever, rix is a hero, how good is that phil anderton, where's my 42" plasma and what do you mean that european trip deposit is not refundable :greengrin

:lolyam:

18+ :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
19-12-2009, 07:34 PM

Is that mathematically possible?

:confused::greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Is that mathematically possible?

:confused::greengrin

For the moment, but not for much longer. :greengrin

HibbyScott
19-12-2009, 07:52 PM

Not something Graham Rix believes in :wink:

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-12-2009, 07:53 PM

magpie1892
19-12-2009, 07:54 PM

Oh, that's good.

Hanny
19-12-2009, 07:54 PM

:tee hee: :applause:

matty_f
19-12-2009, 08:13 PM

Humility and modesty - two admirable traits that a Yam wouldn't recognise if they booted them up the erse.

It's not emotional scarring, Shaun, it's not being cocks. You lot should try it.

poolman
19-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Has to be said

Ive had a few ales but this thread should be in the vault

I'm hootin wi a bottle o beer over me qwerty :drunk:

vanNISHtelroy
20-12-2009, 10:27 AM
I fear that JJ is making sure that the Jambos won't go down...