PDA

View Full Version : PDC Darts

sambajustice
19-12-2009, 12:46 PM
First night last night, Phil Taylor walked his game, didnt even lose a leg!! :faf:

Wayne Mardle went out, I missed the last game with the Scottish guy, not Gary Anderson the other boy. I had a sneaky feeling he'd get beat but I dont know if he did or not!

Pretty Boy
19-12-2009, 12:55 PM
First night last night, Phil Taylor walked his game, didnt even lose a leg!! :faf:

Wayne Mardle went out, I missed the last game with the Scottish guy, not Gary Anderson the other boy. I had a sneaky feeling he'd get beat but I dont know if he did or not!

Thornton beat the Filipino qualifier, something Perez, after being a set and 2 legs down. Came back to win 3-1 but was really poor.

Was gutted for Dennis Priestley, 2-0 up but lost 3-2, really wanted him to do well after his health problems this year.

Hibbie_Cameron
19-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Thornton beat the Filipino qualifier, something Perez, after being a set and 2 legs down. Came back to win 3-1 but was really poor.

Was gutted for Dennis Priestley, 2-0 up but lost 3-2, really wanted him to do well after his health problems this year.

Thornton is rubbish imo. Never out of the 5. Perez nickname is "Ian" the crowd were shouting "Ian Ian Ian":faf:

Pretty Boy
19-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Thornton is rubbish imo. Never out of the 5. Perez nickname is "Ian" the crowd were shouting "Ian Ian Ian":faf:

:agree: How he is ranked so highly is beyond me, he was really poor in the Jocky Wilson cup the other week as well, seems to build up a lead in a leg and then end up in the 5, 1 or throwing single 20s and letting his opponent back in.

gilliecabbage
19-12-2009, 08:19 PM
:agree: How he is ranked so highly is beyond me, he was really poor in the Jocky Wilson cup the other week as well, seems to build up a lead in a leg and then end up in the 5, 1 or throwing single 20s and letting his opponent back in.

didnt he leave the bdo only a few yr ago and rankings are based on 2 years of results?:dunno:

Pretty Boy
19-12-2009, 08:25 PM
didnt he leave the bdo only a few yr ago and rankings are based on 2 years of results?:dunno:

When a player crosses over from the BDO they lose their previous ranking and have to start from scratch, a case in point is Mark Webster, won the Lakeside 2/3 years ago yet isn't seeded for the PDC this year.

That's why i'm shocked Thornton is ranked so highly in the PDC, despite being spectacularly average he seems to do enough in tournaments to maintain a good ranking.

Hibbie_Cameron
19-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Not much on show tonight. Klassen suffering from the same old problem of being too fast. If he took his time he would be some player imo.

Lewis looked good, seems to have matured alot but the irish guy was not really up to much.

Who won with Manley and Jenkins? Missed the end of it

Cod Boy
20-12-2009, 09:25 AM
manley won 3.2

Hank Schrader
20-12-2009, 09:26 AM

Thortons first year in the PDC wasn't actually that bad and he had a few decent results, thats why he has been ranked as high as he has.

This year he has been pretty ordinary. Gary Anderson (who is a Hibby according to Corrie Greens) should overtake him as Scotlands number one sooner rather than later.

New Corrie
20-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Thortons first year in the PDC wasn't actually that bad and he had a few decent results, thats why he has been ranked as high as he has.

This year he has been pretty ordinary. Gary Anderson (who is a Hibby according to Corrie Greens) should overtake him as Scotlands number one sooner rather than later.

Yes he is mate, I played him a couple of years back and we had a crack about football, and he is deffo a Hibs man, although not mad keen like us lot. He's a very nice guy, and I really hope he starts showing his real talents on the PDC.

As for Robert Thornton, he's certainly not rubbish, for a guy that stopped playing for many years, then crossed the divide, I think he's done really well. He's ranked highly because he's amassed a lot of money on the tour. He's always there or there abouts and he works really hard at his game. Also a nice guy.

Good luck to both!

Hibbie_Cameron
20-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Yes he is mate, I played him a couple of years back and we had a crack about football, and he is deffo a Hibs man, although not mad keen like us lot. He's a very nice guy, and I really hope he starts showing his real talents on the PDC.

As for Robert Thornton, he's certainly not rubbish, for a guy that stopped playing for many years, then crossed the divide, I think he's done really well. He's ranked highly because he's amassed a lot of money on the tour. He's always there or there abouts and he works really hard at his game. Also a nice guy.

Good luck to both!

Nice to hear about Gary supporting the Hibees. Mind you whoever he supported i would still like him. Really hope he gets a good run this year and performs on tv, which is his biggest problem imo.

When does Gary play?

New Corrie
20-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Nice to hear about Gary supporting the Hibees. Mind you whoever he supported i would still like him. Really hope he gets a good run this year and performs on tv, which is his biggest problem imo.

When does Gary play?

He is playing Jamie Caven tonight at 8 45. It wont be easy, Caven is another of the good guys, and given that he is blind in one eye, he's a pretty tasty player. Could be quite a good match Cameron.

Hibbie_Cameron
20-12-2009, 03:42 PM
He is playing Jamie Caven tonight at 8 45. It wont be easy, Caven is another of the good guys, and given that he is blind in one eye, he's a pretty tasty player. Could be quite a good match Cameron.

Sadly i will miss it then. Im going to visit a mate before he goes away for the festive season, before heading to work for my night shift. Will hopefully catch the score before i start though

Hibbie_Cameron
21-12-2009, 04:15 PM
I see Gary won 3-2. Did he play well?

Cod Boy
21-12-2009, 04:25 PM
I see Gary won 3-2. Did he play well?

was poor on doubles more so double 10

Mikey
22-12-2009, 08:14 PM
What's with all the booing at the darts nowadays? That's really bad patter. Is it a relatively new thing?

Hiber-nation
22-12-2009, 08:18 PM
What's with all the booing at the darts nowadays? That's really bad patter. Is it a relatively new thing?

Well Manley has always got abuse - I suppose it depends on the character but its definitely getting worse. Felt sorry for Nicholson last night, nae need for that.

The booing in the Smith v Young game was for some clown who shouted out before Smith was going for a match winning dart - which he then missed. But the culprit was obviously ejected right away, to loud cheers.

Actually it was nothing compared to the Scotland v England match at the Playhouse back in about 1982 which was totally ruined by drunken idiots who were chucking cans and bottles at Bristow & co. Scotland, as usual, got grannied.

Houchy
27-12-2009, 09:21 PM
how much of a tool has Taylor become. Already talking about the winner coming from his match against Ade Lewis in the last 8 despite Talor still having to play Thornton (which I agree, I can only see a Taylor victory) and Lewis still having to play someone else before Taylor Lewis can even happen.
I've not been watching it so close this year but what about Wade and Barney?

Hibbie_Cameron
27-12-2009, 10:28 PM
how much of a tool has Taylor become. Already talking about the winner coming from his match against Ade Lewis in the last 8 despite Talor still having to play Thornton (which I agree, I can only see a Taylor victory) and Lewis still having to play someone else before Taylor Lewis can even happen.
I've not been watching it so close this year but what about Wade and Barney?

Barney aint been playing too good the last year or two. Still good enough to win most matches but i think he lost heart and took a break for a few months in the summer. Its always possible he could win it but i cant see it.

Wade is either brilliant or terrible. Could he win? Yes but he has to become more consistant.

whereswallace?
28-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Barney hit a 9 darter in his match against Dolan tonight!!

Houchy
30-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Barney hit a 9 darter in his match against Dolan tonight!!

looks absolutely burst tonight though. Absolutely cruising then looked like he was going to collapse. Played the 3rd set then Painter was ready to continue but Barney asked if he could go off.

Barney comes back and wins the 1st leg and Painter looks raging!!!

Hibbie_Cameron
30-12-2009, 10:21 PM
looks absolutely burst tonight though. Absolutely cruising then looked like he was going to collapse. Played the 3rd set then Painter was ready to continue but Barney asked if he could go off.

He is diabetic. There was/is somethign clearly wrong with him. You could see him in the background struggling to stay on his feet

Houchy
30-12-2009, 10:26 PM
He is diabetic. There was/is somethign clearly wrong with him. You could see him in the background struggling to stay on his feet

:agree:

Different player. Missing doubles by miles. Still looking like getting through now though with Painter passing up opportunities.

Hibbie_Cameron
30-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Thank christ he won there. Wonder if he will do an interview

Houchy
30-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Thank christ he won there. Wonder if he will do an interview

Game against Baxter will be interesting with the speed he plays at. :agree:

Hibbie_Cameron
30-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Game against Baxter will be interesting with the speed he plays at. :agree:

Will be. Massive respect for Barney though, he is going though massive changes right now so credit where credits due.

Whitlock is the one to watch imo. Whitlock v Wade will be better than Lewis v Taylor imo

Houchy
01-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Lewis is going to get pumped here by Taylor. He's waaaay too hyped.

Probably chuck his first 3 darts through the bloody wall the way he's carrying on!!!:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Lewis is going to get pumped here by Taylor. He's waaaay too hyped.

Probably chuck his first 3 darts through the bloody wall the way he's carrying on!!!:agree:

Never thought tonights matches would be both 5-0's.....

Can't really see past Taylor again.............

IWasThere2016
01-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Never thought tonights matches would be both 5-0's.....

Can't really see past Taylor again.............

The Big Aussie is in immense form though! :agree:

whereswallace?
01-01-2010, 10:15 PM
The Big Aussie is in immense form though! :agree:

:agree: Looks different class,if he can keep this up then hes in with a shout.Saying that though,you get the feeling with Taylor if someone pushes him he will just raise his game.Unbelievable at what he does.

Big Ed
01-01-2010, 11:00 PM
I spent the day watching all the QFs but what pissed me off most was that twat Sid Waddell - he talks some *****!
Anyone watching that Taylor/Lewis match could not have failed to be impressed by Taylor yet the way Sidney went on, it was as if he was throwing the darts from the back of the hall.
He never stops talking and it is as if the whole match is a sideshow to the lyrical geordie genius.
It ****ing isn't Sid y'know!

Tinyclothes
02-01-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm lucky enough to have tickets to the semi finals tonight and the final tomorrow. I want to go as Susan Boyle but the missus says she doesn't want to go if I'm dressed like a twant. Still going to do it so I get shown on the TV and I can break out a YLT.

Barney McGrew
02-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Whitlock was amazing yesterday, I'm really pleased it was Wade he put out too because the guy is a tit.

Odds must be stacked on a Taylor v Whitlock final now

Newhaven
02-01-2010, 09:52 AM
I spent the day watching all the QFs but what pissed me off most was that twat Sid Waddell - he talks some *****!
Anyone watching that Taylor/Lewis match could not have failed to be impressed by Taylor yet the way Sidney went on, it was as if he was throwing the darts from the back of the hall.
He never stops talking and it is as if the whole match is a sideshow to the lyrical geordie genius.

:agree:

Taylor is a fantastic player but the way Sky go on about him is just way too OTT for my liking.

Come on the wizard :greengrin

Cod Boy
02-01-2010, 11:37 AM
barney 11/10 to beat whitlock get on

Killiehibbie
02-01-2010, 11:49 AM
barney 11/10 to beat whitlock get on

2.32 Betfair or 2.28 Pinnacle

camthebam
02-01-2010, 10:41 PM

:confused: Waddel's a comic genius;

http://www.xlab.co.uk/extras/quotes/?source=waddell

Some brilliant games yet again this year. Barney vs Whitlock was class. The Scottish boys are getting better. Barney's 9 darter was class.

As ever though you always sneakily hope someone can beat The Power. Lewis was on fire and played well against him and still got beaten 5-0.

Hats off to Taylor but he ruins the final as a spectacle. Just far, far better than the rest.

The one on the BBC's an embarrassment in comparison. Surely some marketing genius could work out how to put it on earlier?

Hibbie_Cameron
02-01-2010, 10:44 PM
I fancied Whitlock to shock a few people before the tournament started but i never expected him to make the final.

I dont think he will win tomorrow but i dont think he will get thrashed either. Should be a good game imo

IWasThere2016
03-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Whitlock just won second set with 3 legs against the darts :thumbsup: including a 170 out ... MON THE AUSSIE!!! :agree:

Houchy
03-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Whitlock just won second set with 3 legs against the darts :thumbsup: including a 170 out ... MON THE AUSSIE!!! :agree:

:agree: Bored of Taylor now and hope he gets beaten given the crap he was spouting about the winner coming from his match against Lewis after only the first round!!!

IWasThere2016
03-01-2010, 09:32 PM
:agree: Bored of Taylor now and hope he gets beaten given the crap he was spouting about the winner coming from his match against Lewis after only the first round!!!

Sid Waffell's daeing ma nut in tae! Blatantly biased havering and arse-banditry re anything Taylor!

Pheona
03-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Sid Waffell's daeing ma nut in tae! Blatantly biased havering and arse-banditry re anything Taylor!

Glad it's not just me the

ArabHibee
03-01-2010, 10:21 PM
What's the difference between this and the darts being shown on BBC2 from the Lakeside? More money?

Pheona
03-01-2010, 10:27 PM
What's the difference between this and the darts being shown on BBC2 from the Lakeside? More money?

Two different associations. The BDO (on BBC) has suffered somewhat with mosy of the best players moving over to the PDC (Sky & Barry Hearn) where there is more money. BDO has become pretty much 1st division now IMO

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2010, 10:38 PM

:agree: More money = better players = better standard.

Taylor gets on my tits but not as much as Waddell does. i think he said something funny once, someone told him it was brilliant and since then he's tried to repeat it. I'm afraid it was a one-off Sid and you'll never reclaim the glory day!

ArabHibee
05-01-2010, 01:28 PM

:agree: More money = better players = better standard.

Taylor gets on my tits but not as much as Waddell does. i think he said something funny once, someone told him it was brilliant and since then he's tried to repeat it. I'm afraid it was a one-off Sid and you'll never reclaim the glory day!

Cheers guys, thought it would be something like this. This must have only happened in last couple of years though as I remember Taylor and the aussie guy at the Lakeside?

Hibbie_Cameron
05-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Cheers guys, thought it would be something like this. This must have only happened in last couple of years though as I remember Taylor and the aussie guy at the Lakeside?

The split happened in the mid 90's. Whitlock moved over to the PDC last year and has done fairly well. Taylor has been with the PDC from the start.

Only really Hankey and Adams have stayed loyal to the BDO. Martin Adams in particular does not even acknowledge the PDC and refuses to participate in the tournaments where the players from both organistations mix.

James Connolly
06-01-2010, 04:35 PM
The split happened in the mid 90's. Whitlock moved over to the PDC last year and has done fairly well. Taylor has been with the PDC from the start.

Only really Hankey and Adams have stayed loyal to the BDO. Martin Adams in particular does not even acknowledge the PDC and refuses to participate in the tournaments where the players from both organistations mix.

Only because he knows he'd get ripped apart from the PDC's top players; Adams & Hankey prefer being big fish in a very small pond.

The PDC (Barry Hearn) has put darts back on the map in a massive way, and the dinosaurs of the BDO can't handle that they've been left way behind.

Tinyclothes
06-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Only because he knows he'd get ripped apart from the PDC's top players; Adams & Hankey prefer being big fish in a very small pond.

The PDC (Barry Hearn) has put darts back on the map in a massive way, and the dinosaurs of the BDO can't handle that they've been left way behind.

:top marks

Hibbie_Cameron
06-01-2010, 04:45 PM

I actually think Hankey would do ok in the PDC. However his attitude is just pathetic. He like the hush hush of the BDO crowd. In the grand slam he was playing ok but the crowd were boo-ing him and shouting at him. Instead of getting on with his game he started shouting, swearing and waving his middle finger about.

He has a fantastic "gimmick" for the PDC just not the personality to see it through

James Connolly
06-01-2010, 04:49 PM
I actually think Hankey would do ok in the PDC. However his attitude is just pathetic. He like the hush hush of the BDO crowd. In the grand slam he was playing ok but the crowd were boo-ing him and shouting at him. Instead of getting on with his game he started shouting, swearing and waving his middle finger about.

He has a fantastic "gimmick" for the PDC just not the personality to see it through

Agree that he would probably do OK in the PDC; but really think he'd lose the plot if he ever played Premier League, the crowd would destroy him; be funny to watch though.:greengrin