PDA

View Full Version : Your weekly Maka debate, with added poll (merged)

Dashing Bob S
19-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Thought I'd save the critics the bother by saying he was terrible today and should never be handed the gloves again.

Billychaotic182
19-12-2009, 01:05 PM
:troll:

Hibby Kay-Yay
19-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Thought I'd save the critics the bother by saying he was terrible today and should never be handed the gloves again.

No wonder, why did he even try and come out for that cross?? Everyone could see he was never going to get it :grr:

Sergey
19-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Indeed, Bob. Hogg also looked at fault for the goal and don't get me started on Nish!

Hank Schrader
19-12-2009, 01:07 PM

Sense of humour failure right there.

Dashing Bob S
19-12-2009, 01:10 PM

Does that mean you don't think he was fouled?

Jim44
19-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Mind you, Riordan must get a mention in dispatches for his work-rate and brace of goals. :wink:

Dashing Bob S
19-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Indeed, Bob. Hogg also looked at fault for the goal and don't get me started on Nish!

But Maka, well, I heard he dropped the pack of cards on the team bus. I'd launch him.

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Stack's warming up, i feel safer already.

PISTOL1875
19-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Stack's warming up, i feel safer already.

So do I ..........

hibsbollah
19-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Its maka-correctness gone mad:grr:

hibsbollah
19-12-2009, 01:18 PM
What was the ref doing sending off Bamba for that non-foul on Miller?:grr:

millarco
19-12-2009, 01:18 PM
This thread is pointless without a poll of some sort.

PeeJay
19-12-2009, 01:22 PM

DBS - I've criticised Maka several times in the past, but today I've decided to be 100% behind him regardless of what he gets up to (or not as the case may be) - it is after all the season of goodwill to all men!

So "goan yersel big yin!" :Awright!:

:scarf:

RIP
19-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Apparently Yves has traced his descendents to the MacAlambie's of Lonmay and will plant a stone in the village after the match

Woody1985
19-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Hogg isn't fit to be captain, his distribution is *****. We should give someone else a run.

And why the **** did Yogi not put Wotherspoon into right mid when Zemmama came off! FFS. :grr:

Hibby Kay-Yay
19-12-2009, 01:40 PM
and just what is it with all the players wearing gloves with t shirts???

hibiedude
19-12-2009, 01:45 PM
I hope stack takes over today because Maka's time is up and should be moved on.

Expecting Rain
19-12-2009, 01:55 PM

You`ve obviously forgotten about Rankin.:wink:

hibee316
19-12-2009, 05:10 PM
I hope stack takes over today because Maka's time is up and should be moved on.

Maka was useless again today!

Shocking display if goalkeeping!

If he keeps up this sort of performance he might lose us a match sometime..... maybe.....

I couldn't listen to the game but every time I felt maka was near the ball my heart was in my throat!
:grr:

The Voice Of Reason
19-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Petrie and Hughes must go.

Dashing Bob S
19-12-2009, 05:14 PM
How many clean sheets does this clown need to produce before people on this board wise up to the fact that he hasn't got what it takes to be a goalkeeper?

Pretty Boy
19-12-2009, 05:15 PM
On a serious note having just got back from the game (Aberdeen based hibby) we seen the 2 sides of Maka today. Some good saves, sensible decisions to punch rather than catch in the wet and one or 2 good kicks.

Then we seen him in no mans land for a fair few crosses, 2 shocking kick outs, one of which very nearly cost us a goal. If he makes errors like those against the huns then he will be punished. The whole game summed him up brilliant one minute, horrible the next.

Nailrod
19-12-2009, 05:18 PM
But still the Beeb had to get in its wee weekly dig...

A mis-hit Mackie cross looked to be dipping under the Hibs crossbar, but Ma-Kalambay, who was also typically erratic throughout, again demonstrated his agility by pushing the ball over the bar after 27 minutes.Aerosols. :yawn:

Hibercelona
19-12-2009, 05:19 PM
He's young and inconsistent.

But it WILL come in time. :agree:

Pretty Boy
19-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Aerosols. :yawn:

They were pretty much spot on though, as i said brilliant one minute, bombscare the next.

Woody1985
19-12-2009, 05:35 PM
How many clean sheets does this clown need to produce before people on this board wise up to the fact that he hasn't got what it takes to be a goalkeeper?

:faf:

:top marks

Hibby Bairn
19-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Aerosols. :yawn:

In the story about the welsh rugby player who said he was gay today the BBC report said he "captained Wales' exit from the last world cup".

Do these guys get trained to be negative?

hibbytam
19-12-2009, 05:49 PM
On a serious note having just got back from the game (Aberdeen based hibby) we seen the 2 sides of Maka today. Some good saves, sensible decisions to punch rather than catch in the wet and one or 2 good kicks.

Then we seen him in no mans land for a fair few crosses, 2 shocking kick outs, one of which very nearly cost us a goal. If he makes errors like those against the huns then he will be punished. The whole game summed him up brilliant one minute, horrible the next.

I though he was struggling a bit with an injury? Seemed to not be moving all that easily in the second half.

No matter, clean sheet and a nice win. Always good.
And my feet are just about thawed out too.

Nailrod
19-12-2009, 05:55 PM
They were pretty much spot on though, as i said brilliant one minute, bombscare the next.
That's a fair point FH, and I might have reconsidered making my post if I'd seen yours just before it.

But they just won't let it lie. Ruddy lost six goals at Ibrox today. Do you think he might have been at fault for any of them? If so, the Beeb saw no need to make a meal of the fact in its report - or even mention it. IIRC Maka has lost fewer goals this season than Ruddy in that one match.

GloryGlory

If he keeps up this sort of performance he might lose us a match sometime..... maybe.....

I couldn't listen to the game but every time I felt maka was near the ball my heart was in my throat!

:agree: He's now had 3 and a half games since he subbed for Stack and has lost ONE!!!! goal. (oh, aye and he was fouled). Get the clown tae F....!!!!! :wink::wink::wink:

Seriously - come on the Maka!!!!!

RoYO!

that sums him up for me tbh. think stack edges it right now for his ability to deal with pass backs and general distribution.

hfc rd
19-12-2009, 06:00 PM
A clean sheet is a clean sheet. However I prefer Graham Stack.

hibsbollah
19-12-2009, 06:02 PM

:faf::top marks

Hainan Hibs
19-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Some scary moments today but some absolutely cracking saves.

He and the defence produced a clean sheet. That's the bottom line.

Do do do do do, Makalamby:thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
19-12-2009, 06:22 PM
I though he was struggling a bit with an injury? Seemed to not be moving all that easily in the second half.

No matter, clean sheet and a nice win. Always good.
And my feet are just about thawed out too.

I think he injured himself with the shot/cross he tipped over in the 1st half.

Maka played his part in the clean sheet, along with Hogg who i thought was superb, but just needs to cut out the silly mistakes/lapses in concentration.

Anyway good, good win and some great banter in the away end as well.:thumbsup:

jacomo
19-12-2009, 06:29 PM
A clean sheet is a clean sheet. However I prefer Graham Stack.

Stokes scored another brace today. Presumably you'd drop him too?

Expecting Rain
19-12-2009, 07:52 PM
A clean sheet and no assists, well done Maka.

--------
19-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Stokes scored another brace today. Presumably you'd drop him too?

Absolutely. When's he going to score a hat-trick or two?

He's supposed to be a class striker. :grr:

brydekirk
19-12-2009, 08:28 PM
gon the big yin,:agree: he is still young for a keeper. i wonder how many people would be slagin the boy if he was there son or relative? he will be a great keeper one day.:thumbsup:

TornadoHibby
19-12-2009, 10:15 PM

:fishin: maybe, but...........................................

Well some advice if I may from someone who was at the game today! :cool2:

The big guy did good and the only thing that I thought, as an objective and honest supporter of the team, might be levelled against him was his two kick outs which were poorly struck as he slipped on the icy and snowbound surface! :agree:

For me, the free kick (one of the two) was too far from the penalty box for him to take it anyway and he should have been protecting the goal with Hogg or Bamba taking it but they both walked away from it leaving him to take it! :confused:

His two saves just before we scored our second were top drawer. The first one from a shot from the edge of the box, low down to his right, he dealt with by a strong punch putting the ball out for a throw in on the 18yd line on the opposite side from us! The second, a tip over the bar was superb! He saved more goal bound shots today than Hibs managed to record by some considerable way! :agree:

At the first of these two, a guy behind me screamed "you should have held that you *****ing clown! :grr:

Now the temperature was way below zero, the shot was low and hard and the surface and the ball were slippy to say the least! The guy immediately in front of this idiot turned round and told the guy to rap up explaining the very obvious to him (as above!) only to be told to "stop making trouble mate"! Mind you, the same guy was screaming about just about every Hibs player today in a negative way! :confused:

Honestly, I couldn't believe it but it is clear that nothing this lad can do will satisfy some idiots who really haven't got a clue about football IMO! :confused:

He kept us in the game today IMO and people should be glad we have a keeper who can do that as he did today and as he has done many times in the past! :agree:

Sir David Gray
19-12-2009, 10:28 PM
I think the BBC description of his performance today is quite accurate.

He did produce some nice saves but on the other hand, he also made some awful kick outs, one of which should have resulted in a goal when their guy lobbed the ball from about 35 yards.

As far as I'm concerned, he's a decent goalkeeper but he struggles with lapses of concentration on a quite frequent basis that results in a mass panic throughout the support and (probably) the rest of the team as well.

Stack is the better goalkeeper and should be playing whenever he's fit and available.

...WentToMowAnSPL
19-12-2009, 10:31 PM
We have to have two players for each position, and I think I would suggest that now for the first time in years, goalkeeper is not necessarily our worst covered position. I rate both Maka and Stacka.:agree:

Ed De Gramo
19-12-2009, 10:31 PM
:fishin: maybe, but...........................................

Well some advice if I may from someone who was at the game today! :cool2:

The big guy did good and the only thing that I thought, as an objective and honest supporter of the team, might be levelled against him was his two kick outs which were poorly struck as he slipped on the icy and snowbound surface! :agree:

For me, the free kick (one of the two) was too far from the penalty box for him to take it anyway and he should have been protecting the goal with Hogg or Bamba taking it but they both walked away from it leaving him to take it! :confused:

His two saves just before we scored our second were top drawer. The first one from a shot from the edge of the box, low down to his right, he dealt with by a strong punch putting the ball out for a throw in on the 18yd line on the opposite side from us! The second, a tip over the bar was superb! He saved more goal bound shots today than Hibs managed to record by some considerable way! :agree:

At the first of these two, a guy behind me screamed "you should have held that you *****ing clown! :grr:

Now the temperature was way below zero, the shot was low and hard and the surface and the ball were slippy to say the least! The guy immediately in front of this idiot turned round and told the guy to rap up explaining the very obvious to him (as above!) only to be told to "stop making trouble mate"! Mind you, the same guy was screaming about just about every Hibs player today in a negative way! :confused:

Honestly, I couldn't believe it but it is clear that nothing this lad can do will satisfy some idiots who really haven't got a clue about football IMO! :confused:

He kept us in the game today IMO and people should be glad we have a keeper who can do that as he did today and as he has done many times in the past! :agree:

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't...

Steve20
19-12-2009, 10:36 PM

I don't know if your joking or not, but Maka made a couple of good saves today. Fair enough, some of the kicking wasn't great but he was hardly useless.

BEEJ
19-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Wasn't at the match today but it was interesting listening to Jim Leighton's comments about Maka at times on the BBC Scotland commentary. I would expect Leighton to be pretty impartial at an Aberdeen v Hibs fixture and as a goalkeeper of some experience and reputation, I respect his opinion.

On more than one occasion he observed that Maka's positioning was poor as he came for crosses, making the subsequent punch or catch much more difficult to achieve and therefore leading to more prolonged periods of pressure on the Hibs defence.

However, you can't argue with the stats and one way or another it was another clean sheet today. Well done to the whole defence for that! :thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
19-12-2009, 11:47 PM
On more than one occasion he observed that Maka's positioning was poor as he came for crosses, making the subsequent punch or catch much more difficult to achieve and therefore leading to more prolonged periods of pressure on the Hibs defence.

Leighton is about the last person who should be commenting on positioning for cross balls. He was a great keeper for us, but his answer for every cross ball into the box when he was at ER was to stay rooted to his line :cool2:

(((Fergus)))
20-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Wasn't at the match today but it was interesting listening to Jim Leighton's comments about Maka at times on the BBC Scotland commentary. I would expect Leighton to be pretty impartial at an Aberdeen v Hibs fixture and as a goalkeeper of some experience and reputation, I respect his opinion.

However, you can't argue with the stats and one way or another it was another clean sheet today. Well done to the whole defence for that! :thumbsup:

Leighton is also new to his job with the BBC having been launched from Aberdeen. He is naturally expected to toe the party line and not piss off his commentator by contradicting him.

Hibs Spain
20-12-2009, 12:37 AM

He did produce some nice saves but on the other hand, he also made some awful kick outs, one of which should have resulted in a goal when their guy lobbed the ball from about 35 yards.

As far as I'm concerned, he's a decent goalkeeper but he struggles with lapses of concentration on a quite frequent basis that results in a mass panic throughout the support and (probably) the rest of the team as well.

Stack is the better goalkeeper and should be playing whenever he's fit and available.Amazing..a couple of kicks when he slipped become bad mistakes.He is an excellent kicker.Is getting caught in no man's land worse than the no man's land known as your line?And these lapses of concentration are a figment of peoples imagination.The press are all Reading from the same daft script. The guy's a collosus!

Sir David Gray
20-12-2009, 01:39 AM
Amazing..a couple of kicks when he slipped become bad mistakes.He is an excellent kicker.Is getting caught in no man's land worse than the no man's land known as your line?And these lapses of concentration are a figment of peoples imagination.The press are all Reading from the same daft script. The guy's a collosus!

I wondered if you might reply to my post. :wink:

I am not Maka's biggest critic, I actually have a lot of time for him, as a person and also as a goalkeeper. I think he has a great personality off the field and has a great rapport with the younger members of our support. I also think that he is a good shot stopper and brings off some very impressive saves, which I have already mentioned in my previous post.

Sadly though, I don't think the lapses in concentration are a figment of people's imagination. It happens on quite a regular basis and in nearly every game that he plays, he will have at least one moment that causes a degree of panic and alert around the stadium.

As I have also said already, I think he is a decent goalkeeper, he's just not as reliable, or as steady, as Graham Stack and I believe that he is our number one goalkeeper for the foreseeable future.

basehibby
20-12-2009, 01:47 AM
Sounds like Maka had a very good game today and was instrumental in the gaining of three points :thumbsup:

It's interesting that the only criticism seems to be about a few erratic kick outs - it should be noted that Stack in his early performances for Hibs rarely managed to keep a kick in touch in the games that I saw - otherwise his performances were sound and he was given the credit he deserved for that.

The same should count for Maka - it seems the surface was a bit slippery today which might account for some dodgy clearances. The main thing is though, that he kept a clean sheet and made some excellent saves in the doing so by the sound of it.

Maka is a young guy and has some weaknesses in his game which he needs to work on - he also has some obvious strengths, and from what I can gather he also has the attitude which will see him improve on his weak spots. His detractors need to give him a break IMO. Between he and Stack for the first time in quite a long time I think we have a pair of goalies who can give each other a bit of competition while inspiring growing confidence in the back four in front of them.

Judas Iscariot
20-12-2009, 02:06 AM
Amazing..a couple of kicks when he slipped become bad mistakes.He is an excellent kicker.Is getting caught in no man's land worse than the no man's land known as your line?And these lapses of concentration are a figment of peoples imagination.The press are all Reading from the same daft script. The guy's a collosus!

Your on crack..

Defo

:agree:

Hibs Spain
20-12-2009, 02:13 AM

Stack is the better goalkeeper and should be playing whenever he's fit and available.FWIW ..I think staying on your line creates more panic to me.Against Falkirk,Killie,and Aberdeen Maka has made saves that Stack would not have made.How do you rationalize that when deciding that Stack is your preferred choice?

Hibs Spain
20-12-2009, 02:20 AM
Your on crack..

Defo

:agree:No I'm not.I'm also the old "50 Club's" all time top scorer.hope you find a goalie:greengrin

hibsbollah
20-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Leighton is also new to his job with the BBC having been launched from Aberdeen. He is naturally expected to toe the party line and not piss off his commentator by contradicting him.

Judas Iscariot
20-12-2009, 09:03 AM
No I'm not.I'm also the old "50 Club's" all time top scorer.hope you find a goalie:greengrin

:wink:

We did mate, cheers!

Sadly the games off now :boo hoo:

Will have to let Maka know :greengrin

:devil:

Hibs90
20-12-2009, 09:19 AM

Now the temperature was way below zero, the shot was low and hard and the surface and the ball were slippy to say the least! The guy immediately in front of this idiot turned round and told the guy to rap up explaining the very obvious to him (as above!) only to be told to "stop making trouble mate"! Mind you, the same guy was screaming about just about every Hibs player today in a negative way!

Sounds like me, except nobody turned round and told me to shut up.

I just thought he could of caught it. :greengrin

cannastar
20-12-2009, 09:52 AM
interesting to read some of the comments to do with the bbc comentary yesterday.i also listened to the game and near the end the match reporter made a statement along the lines of" stokes wont be at hibs for long if he keeps up his form...!" can anyone tell me why? cos as far as im aware we are not in the financial position where we need to punt ANY of our players unlike a few of our other opposing teams.if anyone knows any different could they let me know.:wink:

hibiedude
20-12-2009, 09:53 AM
I wondered if you might reply to my post. :wink:

I am not Maka's biggest critic, I actually have a lot of time for him, as a person and also as a goalkeeper. I think he has a great personality off the field and has a great rapport with the younger members of our support. I also think that he is a good shot stopper and brings off some very impressive saves, which I have already mentioned in my previous post.

Sadly though, I don't think the lapses in concentration are a figment of people's imagination. It happens on quite a regular basis and in nearly every game that he plays, he will have at least one moment that causes a degree of panic and alert around the stadium.

As I have also said already, I think he is a decent goalkeeper, he's just not as reliable, or as steady, as Graham Stack and I believe that he is our number one goalkeeper for the foreseeable future.

Great reply I couldnt have answered it better.

Going by some the replies on this topic you get slated for expressing a negative opinion about Maka. your either an idiot or a crackhead which I am none of theses but I am a concerned Hibs fan.

I look at all Maka performance since he joined our club and the facts are his blunders happen on a regular basis.

hibiedude
20-12-2009, 09:59 AM
interesting to read some of the comments to do with the bbc comentary yesterday.i also listened to the game and near the end the match reporter made a statement along the lines of" stokes wont be at hibs for long if he keeps up his form...!" can anyone tell me why? cos as far as im aware we are not in the financial position where we need to punt ANY of our players unlike a few of our other opposing teams.if anyone knows any different could they let me know.:wink:

The sad facts are if any of our players start to play well then they attract the attention of bigger clubs than us.

R01rdan
stokes
Zammama
Bamba
Murray

these guys have been fantastic recently and lets not kid ourselves that other clubs havent noticed it either.

TornadoHibby
20-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Sounds like me, except nobody turned round and told me to shut up.

I just thought he could of caught it. :greengrin

Well it defo wasn't you then, now was it! :greengrin

So, let's suppose he had tried to catch it and the ball had slipped away from him which, given that his hands (at least) must have been very cold, the ball must have been very slippy and there were other players very close to him, was a huge possibility! :dunno:

Surely punching the ball out of touch on the home stand side for a throw in to the Sheep must surely have been the best option which is definately how I and a large number of people near me saw it! :agree:

Can you explain why you think that catching the ball from that shot was the best option please? :cool2:

TornadoHibby
20-12-2009, 10:31 AM

Stack is the better goalkeeper and should be playing whenever he's fit and available.

Two observations on that one if I may! :cool2:

Firstly, Maka took the kick from around 35 yds from his goal line which is why I felt that one of the centre backs should have taken it! :confused:

Secondly, how many times does a midfielder score from inside his own half (the guy must have been very close to half way when he tried the "let's pop this into the empty net" shot but missed by some yards :wink: as Maka tried to get back to where his defenders should have allowed him to be in any event!? :cool2:

Oh aye, thirdly, nothing happened other than this kick in particular which caused "mass panic throughout the support" or anywhere near where I was at least (I was half way up the stand and a few seats from the fence between us and the Sheep fans)! :agree:

jakedance
20-12-2009, 10:44 AM
I wasn't at the game but it appears Maka got another clean sheet and the Scotsman gave him man of the match. That's good enough for me.

rainman
20-12-2009, 10:45 AM
I wasn't at the game but it appears Maka got another clean sheet and the Scotsman gave him man of the match. That's good enough for me.

Man of the Match in the Scotland on Sunday as well. :thumbsup:

TornadoHibby
20-12-2009, 11:03 AM

He did produce some nice saves but on the other hand, he also made some awful kick outs, one of which should have resulted in a goal when their guy lobbed the ball from about 35 yards. TWO actually, the one you mention (see my earlier reply to that) and another when he lost his footing on the icy, snow covered slippy surface! :grr:

Problem I have is with those who indulge in the constant picking out of ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING that Maka does which might not be PERFECT and then bang on and on and on about how this "error" or that "error" was shocking and "caused mass panic amongst the supporters" etc etc! :confused:

Yet, we had several players yesterday who couldn't find a Hibs player with a forward pass and gave the ball away so much in the first half it was embarrassing actually! YET, we have nothing about any of that on here! :confused:

Stokes for example, was once again looking disinterested and had he not scored his first goal (the second was a very easy one for him but great he got it!) I would, once again, be very concerned at his contribution level to the team! However, he scored the two goals and is the "hero" this week with people saying "he won't be at Hibs long if he keeps doing that"! :agree:

Maka has a couple of "incidents", one of which, had David Beckham or Wigan's Maynor Figueroa been playing for the Dons (http://soccer365.com/english_premiership/story_141209180000.php) against us yesterday might have been a problem BUT makes several excellent saves keeping us in the match and NONE of them are highlighted as good work from him! :grr:

We need some balance on here in terms of commentaries on players! :agree:

rainman
20-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Problem I have with the constant picking out of ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING that Maka does which might not be PERFECT and bang on and on and on about how this "error" or that "error" was shocking and "caused mass panic amongst the supporters" etc etc! :confused:

Yet, we had several players yesterday who couldn't find a Hibs player with a forward pass and gave the ball away so much in the first half it was embarrassing actually! YET, we have nothing about any of that on here! :confused:

Stokes for example, was once again looking disinterested and had he not scored his first goal (the second was a very easy one for him but great he got it!) I would, once again, be very concerned at his contribution level to the team! However, he scored the two goals and is the "hero" this week with people saying "he won't be at Hibs long if he keeps doing that"! :agree:

Maka has a couple of "incidents", one of which, had David Beckham or Wigan's Maynor Figueroa who been playing for the Dons (http://soccer365.com/english_premiership/story_141209180000.php) against us yesterday might have been a problem BUT makes several excellent saves keeping us in the match and NONE of them are highlighted as good work from him! :grr:

We need some balance on here in terms of commentaries of players! :agree:

Agree with that.

I find it amazing that Maka can attract criticism yet there is not one word said about Riordan who was absolutely ganting yet again.

Beefster
20-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Great reply I couldnt have answered it better.

Going by some the replies on this topic you get slated for expressing a negative opinion about Maka. your either an idiot or a crackhead which I am none of theses but I am a concerned Hibs fan.

I look at all Maka performance since he joined our club and the facts are his blunders happen on a regular basis.

Concerned about what? Being third and within touching distance of second? Having the best defence in the country? Being on a sounder financial footing than every other club in the country? Being countless points above the Yams?

**** me, some folk are never happier than when they're being negative about something, anything.

Phil MaGlass
20-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Some of the posters on Maka need to get a grip,he is a young guy ffs,it does not do any good to slate him and if he reads the board its not going to give him much confidence,were doing well and now is the time to get behind him and stop picking up on the smallest slip up he makes.

hibiedude
20-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Concerned about what? Being third and within touching distance of second? Having the best defence in the country? Being on a sounder financial footing than every other club in the country? Being countless points above the Yams?

**** me, some folk are never happier than when they're being negative about something, anything.

Show me were I said i'm concerned about the point you raise :bitchy:, the topic was Maka or did you not bother reading the post first.

My concern is Maka weekly blunders that have been highlighted many times on this site or is that an issue we are not allowed to talk about.

please explain the rules regarding topics that we are allowed to talk about

Beefster
20-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Show me were I said i'm concerned about the point you raise :bitchy:, the topic was Maka or did you not bother reading the post first.

My concern is Maka weekly blunders that have been highlighted many times on this site or is that an issue we are not allowed to talk about.

please explain the rules regarding topics that we are allowed to talk about

I'll repeat - we have the best defence in the country. How does slipping constitute a 'blunder'?

hibiedude
20-12-2009, 02:40 PM
I'll repeat

I take it you could find me talking about the issues you raised in your last post :confused:

Beefster
20-12-2009, 02:46 PM
I'll repeat

I take it you could find me talking about the issues you raised in your last post :confused:

My point is pretty much everything at the club is great but folk still feel the need to focus on some negative, despite there not actually being any reason to focus on it at this moment in time. He didn't blunder last week, he was fouled. He didn't blunder this week and helped win the game with his saves.

And I guarantee you that, since he joined the club, the good things Maka has done for Hibs outweighs any blunders by many multiples.

hibiedude
20-12-2009, 02:59 PM
My point is pretty much everything at the club is great but folk still feel the need to focus on some negative, despite there not actually being any reason to focus on it at this moment in time. He didn't blunder last week, he was fouled. He didn't blunder this week and helped win the game with his saves.

And I guarantee you that, since he joined the club, the good things Maka has done for Hibs outweighs any blunders by many multiples.

If folk point out the negative things at the club which Maka goal keeping skills is one in my opinion then we have a debate which is what hibs.net is all about.

There is many great things happening at the club and long may it continue but that's not the point people are making on this topic.

I have seen Maka many times since he's been at the club and believe me a lot of fans on the terraces are on the edges of there seat when the ball is in our penalty area' when this guy is playing why do you think that is ?

Why is it some guys on this site don't like to hear other fans opinions.

Hibs Spain
20-12-2009, 03:03 PM

please explain the rules regarding topics that we are allowed to talk aboutMaka doesn't make weekly blunders.He makes no more game to game errors than ANY other goalie.Funny how you don't notice the fumbles,drops,errors of judgement that Static used to make!The points we have gained through the saves Maka has made that that no other goalie could make seem to have passed you by..:wink:

GlesgaeHibby
20-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Maka doesn't make weekly blunders.He makes no more game to game errors than ANY other goalie.Funny how you don't notice the fumbles,drops,errors of judgement that Static used to make!The points we have gained through the saves Maka has made that that no other goalie could make seem to have passed you by..:wink:

Another Classic. You can't prove that statement either way!

Sounds like Maka had a very good game yesterday, he must have to make it into the Sunday Mail SPL team of the week, as they aren't his biggest fans!

Hibs90
20-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Well it defo wasn't you then, now was it! :greengrin

So, let's suppose he had tried to catch it and the ball had slipped away from him which, given that his hands (at least) must have been very cold, the ball must have been very slippy and there were other players very close to him, was a huge possibility! :dunno:

Surely punching the ball out of touch on the home stand side for a throw in to the Sheep must surely have been the best option which is definately how I and a large number of people near me saw it! :agree:

Can you explain why you think that catching the ball from that shot was the best option please? :cool2:

From my view, at the time I thought he could have caught ball quite easily. Watching back on the HTV highlights though I have to agree punching it away was the best option.

TornadoHibby
20-12-2009, 04:27 PM
From my view, at the time I thought he could have caught ball quite easily. Watching back on the HTV highlights though I have to agree punching it away was the best option.

Won't be long before you will see this at the game when you ignore the negative idiots who will never cut the big guy any slack! :wink:

Then you can applaud him at the time when he pulls of an excellent save rather than screaming (unfounded and uncalled for abuse) at him immediately only to realise that you were wrong when those people aren't around and you watch "the incident" again! :agree:

Well done for recognising it as an excellent save and for coming on here to admit you were wrong about the big guy! :cool2:

Ignore the idiots next time! Most of them can hardly speak or stand anyway (wonder why! :dunno: :wink:) and their recollection of the game will be based on conjecture and someone else's view too! :confused: :cool2:

TornadoHibby
20-12-2009, 04:37 PM
If folk point out the negative things at the club which Maka goal keeping skills is one in my opinion then we have a debate which is what hibs.net is all about.

There is many great things happening at the club and long may it continue but that's not the point people are making on this topic.

I have seen Maka many times since he's been at the club and believe me a lot of fans on the terraces are on the edges of there seat when the ball is in our penalty area' when this guy is playing why do you think that is ?

Why is it some guys on this site don't like to hear other fans opinions.

For me I think the problem is that Maka doesn't get a "fair hearing" and, as I posted earlier, one or two "slips" during a game when he pulls off several excellent saves and otherwise does pretty well (like yesterday for example) get highlighted as the commencement of "panic attacks" for the support yet no mention ever of his several excellent saves which keep the team in the game! :agree:

The other point is that most of the negative posters always refer to "past history" and try and rationalise their criticism of the big guy on that rather than on what happened most recently! :agree:

That is IMO pathetic and suggests that they don't recognise that players (the big guy included) improve over time with good coaching just as he is! :agree:

Fair criticism is of course reasonable and to be accepted but unfair and unjust criticism is not acceptable in any shape or form IMO! :cool2:

Maka was MOM in a good few papers today but read this thread from the top and see how many fans posted that on here last night! :cool2:

brydekirk
20-12-2009, 04:41 PM

:agree::agree::agree: :thumbsup:

Malthibby
20-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Need to support Hibs Spain here. Maka does not maka 'Weekly blunders' & the term suggests axe grinding.
He does sometimes frighten me (Maka that is, not Hibs Spain) with his decision-making but he is currently part of a defence that is giving b - gg - r all away just now & we should just count the reasons to be cheerful. We have two decent goalkeepers & that has made a serious difference to the club, when compared to the all too recent, painful past. We need them both, & we need to support them both.
They are both Hibs Class.:wink:
GG

matty_f
20-12-2009, 05:30 PM

I think it's clear to see what's happened here, is that Maka's gone for the ball with the intention of catching it, remembered (quickly) the hints and tips from hibs.net last week about punching the ball, and made the right decision.

Well done to all concerned!:greengrin

matty_f
20-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Need to support Hibs Spain here. Maka does not maka 'Weekly blunders' & the term suggests axe grinding.
He does sometimes frighten me (Maka that is, not Hibs Spain) with his decision-making but he is currently part of a defence that is giving b - gg - r all away just now & we should just count the reasons to be cheerful. We have two decent goalkeepers & that has made a serious difference to the club, when compared to the all too recent, painful past. We need them both, & we need to support them both.
GG

TornadoHibby
20-12-2009, 05:37 PM
I think it's clear to see what's happened here, is that Maka's gone for the ball with the intention of catching it, remembered (quickly) the hints and tips from hibs.net last week about punching the ball, and made the right decision.

Well done to all concerned!:greengrin

:greengrin :wink:

It was an excellent save too! :cool2:

:thumbsup:

Hibs90
20-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Won't be long before you will see this at the game when you ignore the negative idiots who will never cut the big guy any slack! :wink:

Then you can applaud him at the time when he pulls of an excellent save rather than screaming (unfounded and uncalled for abuse) at him immediately only to realise that you were wrong when those people aren't around and you watch "the incident" again! :agree:

Well done for recognising it as an excellent save and for coming on here to admit you were wrong about the big guy! :cool2:

Ignore the idiots next time! Most of them can hardly speak or stand anyway (wonder why! :dunno: :wink:) and their recollection of the game will be based on conjecture and someone else's view too! :confused: :cool2:

I've always been a Maka supporter it was just that one incident at that time. Obviously changed my mind now.

banchoryhibs
20-12-2009, 05:51 PM
GG

Can't disagree with this. I thought that Maka's performance against Motherwell two weeks ago was more or less fault free - and he made some superb saves then, as he did yesterday.

Yesterday saw the best and worst in him but I think the poor bits are more down to a lack of confidence than anything else. After a mistake Hogg and Murray were very quick to reassure him and tell him not to bother about it.

He is a good keeper and a couple of times yesterday showed that he could be a great keeper.

Yogi could have a hard choice to make if Stack's fit for the Huns game:agree:

PatHead
20-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Look once players are said to be s@#t they are always s@#t and never improve.

Look at Bamba! Lots of us thought he was a huddy when he arrived and got sent off in his first game. With a bit coaching he has turned into a £1m (at least) player.

Now we have a good goalkeeping coach Maka will continue to improve and, I for one, hope that is at Easter Road.

Taz_hibee
20-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Yogi stated in paper before Dons game that Maka has the gloves and after a clean sheet cannot see how it will be a hard decision, it's seemples Maka will be in goals

miniboco
20-12-2009, 08:46 PM
With us missing Bamba and the ariel threat the unwashed will pose at set plays and crosses, do people think Maka should keep the gloves for next sunday even is Stack is fit to give us a bit of height at the back or should 'ever reliable ' be back between the sticks?

Hainan Hibs
20-12-2009, 08:48 PM
LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMBLE:greengrin

I'd say keep Maka in just now, good performance against Aberdeen and no goals conceded.

Billychaotic182
20-12-2009, 08:50 PM
this again :yawn:

brydekirk
20-12-2009, 08:52 PM
noooooooooooooooooo again :yawn:

SON OF PADDY
20-12-2009, 08:53 PM
LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMBLE:greengrin

I'd say keep Maka in just now, good performance against Aberdeen and no goals conceded.

Maka has the glove's :cool2: Bring on the Hun's :agree:

miniboco
20-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Apologie's bily & brydekirk if i missed another post about this. Just thought with Bamba missing it was a valid point...:duck:

Hibs Spain
20-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Can't disagree with this. I thought that Maka's performance against Motherwell two weeks ago was more or less fault free - and he made some superb saves then, as he did yesterday.

Yesterday saw the best and worst in him but I think the poor bits are more down to a lack of confidence than anything else. After a mistake Hogg and Murray were very quick to reassure him and tell him not to bother about it.

He is a good keeper and a couple of times yesterday showed that he could be a great keeper.

Yogi could have a hard choice to make if Stack's fit for the Huns game:agree:"The best and worst I'm him" Incredible!What was the worst? He slipped whilst taking a free kick? And had one or two non perfect moments like every other goalie playing yesterday? And we won with a clean sheet! What a load of tosh :bye:

...WentToMowAnSPL
20-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Maka,
Yogi has played it straight so far this season - if you come into the team and play well you stay in the team :agree:

FFS think when it was Zibi or Si Brown !!!! :grr::greengrin

--------
20-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Yogi won't drop Maka on the back of a shut-out. Or any other keeper in similar circumstances; simple fair play, nothing else.

(((Fergus)))
20-12-2009, 09:05 PM
With us missing Bamba and the potential ariel threat the unwashed will pose at set plays and crosses, do people think Maka should keep the gloves for next sunday even is Stack is fit to give us a bit of height at the back or should 'ever reliable ' be back between the sticks?

Surely a contradiction in terms? :confused:

Shrekko
20-12-2009, 09:06 PM
I think Maka is still learning- which is acceptable seeing as he's only 23.

To be honest- theres no way we can complain about the quality of our goalkeeping this year!

Littlest Hobo
20-12-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm sorry but the big fella makes far too many mistakes for me. Given the choice and let's be honest here it's no much of a choice but given the choice I'd take Stack any day of the week. The big fella has made more mistakes tham Zibi, mibee just no as many high profile mistakes is all.....yet!:devil:

--------
20-12-2009, 09:08 PM
"The best and worst I'm him" Incredible!What was the worst? He slipped whilst taking a free kick? And had one or two non perfect moments like every other goalie playing yesterday? And we won with a clean sheet! What a load of tosh :bye:

Didn't see the game, but the highlights show three or four good-to-excellent saves and one obvious alarm - when his foot slipped as he took the free-kick. On THAT pitch, anyone's foot might slip. I'd rather in those circumstances the goalkeeper (whoever he is) stays back and an outfield player takes the kick. Safety first.

jdships
20-12-2009, 09:08 PM
With us missing Bamba and the potential ariel threat the unwashed will pose at set plays and crosses, do people think Maka should keep the gloves for next sunday even is Stack is fit to give us a bit of height at the back or should 'ever reliable ' be back between the sticks?

Has this argument not been "done to death" ?
:bitchy::confused:

Dunbar Hibee
20-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Stack without a doubt.

hibsbollah
20-12-2009, 09:10 PM

It would be a bold decision to drop maka after all these clean sheets:greengrin

Keith_M
20-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Whoever Yogi thinks should be in goals is OK with me.

(((Fergus)))
20-12-2009, 09:13 PM

I wish I knew how he got those sheets so clean. :boo hoo:

Littlest Hobo
20-12-2009, 09:13 PM
:dummytit:
Has this argument not been "done to death" ?
:bitchy::confused:

Why confused? The big fella has been at the centre of controversy yet again last week and another unforced error again at pittodrie. How many times I ask?:grr:

miniboco
20-12-2009, 09:16 PM

Changed it for ye... apologie's again... christ my misses went back thru el weege the night... thought i'd have a break from apologising for my poor grammar...

Hibernian Verse
20-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Look at "similar threads" at the bottom of the page...

How boring.

ArabHibee
20-12-2009, 09:26 PM
With us missing Bamba and the ariel threat the unwashed will pose at set plays and crosses, do people think Maka should keep the gloves for next sunday even is Stack is fit to give us a bit of height at the back or should 'ever reliable ' be back between the sticks?

I wish I knew how he got those sheets so clean. :boo hoo:

So which is it then? Ariel or Bold? :dunno:

Mibbe we need another poll? :hmmm:

TornadoHibby
20-12-2009, 09:29 PM
I knew reading another stupid goalkeeper poll thread was a mistake as there is always one idiot post and here it is notwithstanding this one has become two posts! :confused:

I'm sorry but the big fella makes far too many mistakes for me. Given the choice and let's be honest here it's no much of a choice but given the choice I'd take Stack any day of the week. The big fella has made more mistakes tham Zibi, mibee just no as many high profile mistakes is all.....yet!:devil:

Absolute and utter pish and you know it! :agree:

However, just so the rest of us can appreciate the apparent fertility of your misguided imagination it would be helpful if you would share with us the information upon which you based the hilarious comparison with the legend that was Zibbi! :cool2:

Furthermore, bearing in mind the tone of these threads and some of the mischievous and downright malicious posts on some of them, this bollocks is not even remotely amusing even if you think it is! :confused:

:dummytit:

Why confused? The big fella has been at the centre of controversy yet again last week and another unforced error again at pittodrie. How many times I ask?:grr:

You mustn't have access to the real world mate as the rubbish from last week about Maka being responsible for the Killie goal in the opinion of several posters who weren't even at the game has been unequivocally proven to be unfounded garbage this being confirmed by the manager in several newspaper reports at the end of last week! :wink:

Now specifically which "unforced error" from yesterday might you be alluding to here and what were the consequences of that for the team and the match result in your opinion of course? :cool2:

Oh aye, and were you at the game yesterday? :cool2:

lEXO
20-12-2009, 09:40 PM
We really need another Maka or Stack poll/debate dont we.:rolleyes:

TornadoHibby
20-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Look once players are said to be s@#t they are always s@#t and never improve.

Look at Bamba! Lots of us thought he was a huddy when he arrived and got sent off in his first game. With a bit coaching he has turned into a £1m (at least) player.

Now we have a good goalkeeping coach Maka will continue to improve and, I for one, hope that is at Easter Road.

Totally agree! :agree:

Part/Time Supporter
20-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Maka has tended to play better against the OF, perhaps because his mind doesn't have as much time to wander to wherever it goes. He was damned near heroic in the two games at the back end of last season.

On the basis that Stack probably won't be fully fit, finders keepers.

I can't believe I just typed that.

:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
20-12-2009, 09:53 PM

Zibi's real problem was that he only made one save I can recall now, a Dargo header against Inverness circa Nov. 2006. ie he made dozens of goofs and only made a few good saves. Maka, for all his faults, has made far more good saves than goofs.

'Mon the Hibs
20-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Look at "similar threads" at the bottom of the page...

How boring.

:faf: :top marks

Time for a Maka board on .net ......

:hnet:

Baldy Foghorn
20-12-2009, 10:04 PM

Maybe we should have an automated weekly poll as this would save any poster setting up this poll, and wasting 2 minutes of their life:devil:

Pretty Boy
20-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Maka has the jersey so in any other position i'd say he should keep it.

However when it comes to goalkeeping i think for confidence and consistency reasons you need to have a number 1 and stick with them until they deserve to be dropped, are injured etc etc. If Stack is Yogis' long term number 1 in my view he should be brought back in when he's fit. If the jerseys still up for grabs then keep Maka in as he done pretty well on Saturday.

Littlest Hobo
20-12-2009, 10:48 PM
I knew reading another stupid goalkeeper poll thread was a mistake as there is always one idiot post and here it is notwithstanding this one has become two posts! :confused:

Absolute and utter pish and you know it! :agree:Your on the wind up mate eh? Or are you just drunk?

However, just so the rest of us can appreciate the apparent fertility of your misguided imagination it would be helpful if you would share with us the information upon which you based the hilarious comparison with the legend that was Zibbi! :cool2:
15000 posts on the same subject or there aboots sort o' tells ye a story pal naw? Wakey wakey! Or is it gonne take a major blunder against the Hearts to make people see Maka for what he is? Zibi wasn't half prone to the odd mistake but Maka has become a laughing stock around the football grounds of the S.P.L
Furthermore, bearing in mind the tone of these threads and some of the mischievous and downright malicious posts on some of them, this bollocks is not even remotely amusing even if you think it is! :confused:

I@M no laughing mate, I'm telling ye this guy isn't good enough.

You mustn't have access to the real world mate as the rubbish from last week about Maka being responsible for the Killie goal in the opinion of several posters who weren't even at the game has been unequivocally proven to be unfounded garbage this being confirmed by the manager in several newspaper reports at the end of last week! :wink:
I was at the game against Killie and saw Maka drop the ball three times, and he also had two dodgy moments with two shocking kickouts. I agree that he was fouled for the goal, oh and I also say in my other posts that he made three oustanding saves to keep us in the match but sooner or later this guy is going to cost us bigtime and it's my opinion he isn't good enough.
Now specifically which "unforced error" from yesterday might you be alluding to here and what were the consequences of that for the team and the match result in your opinion of course? :cool2:

4 mins 15 secs into the highlights yet another unforced error
:
Yes you were right, reading another stupid goalkeeper thread was probably a mistake because you obviously want to bury your head in the sand. The things I've stated are fact and no matter how apparent the fertility of your misguided imagination is this is real life mate,Maka is error prone,he has made these mistakes. I'm not making any of this up. It's all fact. Maybe, just maybe then it's you who is talking pish naw?

Jonnyboy
21-12-2009, 12:05 AM
MAN OF THE MATCH
Yves Makalambay (Hibernian)

It takes all sorts to win a game and the Hibs goalkeeper played his part. He deserves recognition for that, particularly as his efforts are always highlighted when they prove responsible for his side not winning.

Taken from Andrew Smith's Monday's Scotsman report

monktonharp
21-12-2009, 12:29 AM
Yes you were right, reading another stupid goalkeeper thread was probably a mistake because you obviously want to bury your head in the sand. The things I've stated are fact and no matter how apparent the fertility of your misguided imagination is this is real life mate,Maka is error prone,he has made these mistakes. I'm not making any of this up. It's all fact. Maybe, just maybe then it's you who is talking pish naw?

get tae Belgium:yawn:

Allant1981
21-12-2009, 03:21 AM
From the highlights maka seemed to do ok on sat, there were a couple of times he might have done better with the ball coming into the box as he seemed to hesitate but maybe thats a confidence thing just now. I'm not his biggest fan but if he keeps clean sheets when playing then thats fine with me, cant see him being dropped for the rangers game

Littlest Hobo
21-12-2009, 07:50 AM
get tae Belgium:yawn:

Ha ha very good!:wink:

TornadoHibby
21-12-2009, 09:26 AM

Well I'm shocked as you seem to believe all that you post about Maka! :confused:

I am not someone who "bury's my head in the sand" as you so quaintly put it nor am I drunk as you postulate also! :cool2:

The fact is that you have chosen not to view Maka as a Hibs goalkeeper and therefore nothing the big guy would ever be able to do would persuade you to change your closed down mind! :agree:

No specific examples given as I suspected, simply a general statement that could apply to the number of sugars your Granny takes in her tea ffs! :wink: :greengrin

My view on what you have posted and also in response to my post is still that it is nonsense but if you feel that continuing to berate the guy when he is helping the team big time to victories and its lofty place in the SPL you go straight ahead and get whatever good feeling out of doing so that you clearly do! :grr:

For me, I prefer to watch and support players (and not just young goalkeepers!) developing as this young lad is definately doing and I just hope, like others have said, that gets to do that at Hibs for the foreseeable future! :cool2:

He didn't let anyone down in the big games at the end of last season and I don't think he will do anything less over the Festive Period! :cool2:

GGTTH

TornadoHibby
21-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Didn't see the game, but the highlights show three or four good-to-excellent saves and one obvious alarm - when his foot slipped as he took the free-kick. On THAT pitch, anyone's foot might slip. I'd rather in those circumstances the goalkeeper (whoever he is) stays back and an outfield player takes the kick. Safety first.

Said that myself BEFORE he took the kick as Hogg and Bamba walked away from the ball leaving it up ti Maka with him around 35 yards out of his goal in a central position on a slippy snowbound surface! :confused: :grr:

Hibs Spain
21-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Said that myself BEFORE he took the kick as Hogg and Bamba walked away from the ball leaving it up ti Maka with him around 35 yards out of his goal in a central position on a slippy snowbound surface! :confused: :grr:Good point.Wasn't thought through properly.There's always the chance of slipping even on a good playing surface.

Mikeystewart
21-12-2009, 12:51 PM

Ive only seen the highlights and other than the free kick that left maka 30 yards of his line , i didnt see anything else worth noting, are you too quick to criticise or am i too quick to defend?

Woody1985
21-12-2009, 01:05 PM
I genuinely can't choose on the poll.

I think that Maka can pull off some amazing saves and I expect us to come under some pressure. On the other hand I think that Stack might just prove that bit more experienced and inspire confidence from the fans.

We need everyone behind the team to get a result here and the sniping and bitching at Maka isn't good for anyone.

Littlest Hobo
21-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Well I'm shocked as you seem to believe all that you post about Maka! ::

I am not someone who "bury's my head in the sand" as you so quaintly put it nor am I drunk as you postulate also! :

The fact is that you have chosen not to view Maka as a Hibs goalkeeper and therefore nothing the big guy would ever be able to do would persuade you to change your closed down mind! :agree:
What are you slavering about now? when I'm at the match I give my full backing to our players. This is however a forum to state ones opinion. That's what I do, if you don't like it then fine. Maka is error prone, and in my opinion he isn't good enough and never will be.
No specific examples given as I suspected, simply a general statement that could apply to the number of sugars your Granny takes in her tea ffs! :wink:
No specific examples given?? I actually gave you the time bang on in the highlighted clip when he makes yet another unforced error. You want another, last season when he kicked the ball off Millers backside and cost us a goal......shall i go on? I only need to look up just some of the threads which have been posted since the big mans arrival, there I will find all the evidence i need. Then again it's not me who needs convincing is it?:
My view on what you have posted and also in response to my post is still that it is nonsense but if you feel that continuing to berate the guy when he is helping the team big time to victories and its lofty place in the SPL you go straight ahead and get whatever good feeling out of doing so that you clearly do! :grr:
I've given my opinion on the Hibs.net, that's why I come on. to let off steam and give my honest opinion about the team.
For me, I prefer to watch and support players (and not just young goalkeepers!) developing as this young lad is definately doing and I just hope, like others have said, that gets to do that at Hibs for the foreseeable future! :cool2:
Young lad? He's 23 years auld!:faf:
He didn't let anyone down in the big games at the end of last season and I don't think he will do anything less over the Festive Period! :cool2:
Well I hope your right mate but I've had this same conversation with others over a year ago now who said the same thing and yet these Maka threads keep appearing, funny that eh?:wink::greengrin Tells it's own story mate but if I'm wrong i''ll be the first to admit it.
GGTTH

Mon the Hibs!:thumbsup:

TornadoHibby
21-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Mon the Hibs!:thumbsup:

Why not comment outside the "quote" box (which is, I understand, for the quote that you intend to respond to :confused:) so that people can reply more specifically to your points? :confused:

However:-

1. Must be very difficult for you to give your "full backing" to Maka when you clearly state that he is "error prone, and in my (your) opinion he isn't good enough and never will be"! :cool2:

2. You dwell on historical "errors of judgement" rather than on his excellent form this season as he benefits from the coaching of the new goalkeeping coach! :agree:

3. You mock the use of the term "young lad" of 23 years old which is very young for a goalkeeper! :cool2:

I prefer to judge players on current and recent form as far as possible and not to berate players on a public mb to the extent that others seem to enjoy doing even if they had caused something which was serious enough to warrant that kind of response or comment! :confused:

MOTM on Saturday in nearly every "recognised" Sunday paper yesterday and the full backing of his manager in the press last week says it all for me in terms of who is "slavering" as you, once again, so quaintly opine! :cool2:

Thankfully there are less people posting without thinking necessarily on here now which makes for more considered reading and enjoyment! :wink: :cool2:

Littlest Hobo
21-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Why not comment outside the "quote" box (which is, I understand, for the quote that you intend to respond to :confused:) so that people can reply more specifically to your points? :confused:

However:-

1. Must be very difficult for you to give your "full backing" to Maka when you clearly state that he is "error prone, and in my (your) opinion he isn't good enough and never will be"! :cool2:

2. You dwell on historical "errors of judgement" rather than on his excellent form this season as he benefits from the coaching of the new goalkeeping coach! :agree:

3. You mock the use of the term "young lad" of 23 years old which is very young for a goalkeeper! :cool2:

I prefer to judge players on current and recent form as far as possible and not to berate players on a public mb to the extent that others seem to enjoy doing even if they had caused something which was serious enough to warrant that kind of response or comment! :confused:

MOTM on Saturday in nearly every "recognised" Sunday paper yesterday and the full backing of his manager in the press last week says it all for me in terms of who is "slavering" as you, once again, so quaintly opine! :cool2:

Thankfully there are less people posting without thinking necessarily on here now which makes for more considered reading and enjoyment! :wink: :cool2:

Dropped the baw three times at Killie, with two shocking clearances by foot and then on saturday he kicks another straight to an Aberdeen player who almost stuck it in the net. How much more recent do you want me to be?:faf:

You know what mate,go and just do one eh,because your beginning to do my nut in. You have your opinion and I have mine, end of! The only thing that is likely to change my opinion is for Maka to stop with the silly errors and start looking like he commands the number 1 jersey. You only need to look at the poll to see what other folks opinions atre. There is a real lack of confidence in the guy, but hey that'll probably be my fault eh!

TornadoHibby
22-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Dropped the baw three times at Killie, with two shocking clearances by foot and then on saturday he kicks another straight to an Aberdeen player who almost stuck it in the net. How much more recent do you want me to be?:faf:

You know what mate,go and just do one eh,because your beginning to do my nut in. You have your opinion and I have mine, end of! The only thing that is likely to change my opinion is for Maka to stop with the silly errors and start looking like he commands the number 1 jersey. You only need to look at the poll to see what other folks opinions atre. There is a real lack of confidence in the guy, but hey that'll probably be my fault eh!

Hmmm............any goals lost or injuries to key players caused as a result or might there have been extenuating or mitigating circumstances (icy and slippy surface for example) prevailing then?! :confused: :dunno:

Disappointed as I thought you would do better but hey..........who cares actually as this is a pointless "exchange" as you have closed your mind down on this lad IMO! :wink:

I'll keep supporting the guy so long as he continues to work at his game which he is clearly doing! :agree:

You can think and do what you like! :cool2:

Oh aye, its the number 50 jersey btw! :wink: :greengrin

Littlest Hobo
22-12-2009, 12:59 PM

Hmmm............any goals lost or injuries to key players caused as a result or might there have been extenuating or mitigating circumstances (icy and slippy surface for example) prevailing then?! :confused: :dunno:

Disappointed as I thought you would do better but hey..........who cares actually as this is a pointless "exchange" as you have closed your mind down on this lad IMO! :wink:

I'll keep supporting the guy so long as he continues to work at his game which he is clearly doing! :agree:

You can think and do what you like! :cool2:

Oh aye, its the number 50 jersey btw! :wink: :greengrin

Aye all very good mate, now jog on!:rolleyes: