PDA

View Full Version : Bamba misses Rangers match..

PISTOL1875
19-12-2009, 11:14 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-boss-loses-fight-to.5925927.jp

:grr::grr::grr:

Jim44
19-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm sure I read somewhere that Drogba had definitely been given permission to arrive 24hrs late. :dunno: The article says that 7 players in the UK are involved. The six other clubs (Chelsea won't bother as it looks like they are getting preferential treatment) should unite and defy the Ivory Coast. They won't drop six of their players. It's ridiculous as it's not as if their matches begin right away........they have two weeks to train.

hibeeleicester
19-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Time for thicot/mccormack/hanlon to shine :agree:

Westie1875
19-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Ridiculous if Drogba is being allowed to turn up late. :grr:

PISTOL1875
19-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Ridiculous if Drogba is being allowed to turn up late. :grr:

I know but Drogba has more clout than Bamba so that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess....

zlatan
19-12-2009, 11:47 AM
I know but Drogba has more clout than Bamba so that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess....

Yup, Drogba is an idol in the Ivory Coast, he could pick and choose what games he plays for them for and no one would bat an eyelid.

Bamba has had to work bloody hard to cement a starting place in Ivory Coasts last 7/8 matches and has to do everything he can to keep it.

Jim44
19-12-2009, 11:55 AM
From a personal, selfish and petty viewpoint I'd now like to see the Ivory Coast taken apart in the competition (not going to happen 'tho). Ironically, however, we've actually got to root for them so that we get a good fee for Bamba in summer. :rolleyes:

bob12345
19-12-2009, 02:39 PM
It says in the Evening News that now the entire squad - Drodgba, etc, have been asked to report at that time.

If not it would be unbelievable to allow certain players a late call up, but not to others. On the other hand, if Bamba refuses he loses his place, if Drogba does then they are hardly going to drop him.

greenlex
19-12-2009, 03:24 PM
I am sure I heard that Bougherra (sp)will be absent for the Hun as he has been told to report for International duty too. Swings and roundabouts IMO. In fact I think theirs might be the biggest loss.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
19-12-2009, 03:41 PM
I am sure I heard that Bougherra (sp)will be absent for the Hun as he has been told to report for International duty too. Swings and roundabouts IMO. In fact I think theirs might be the biggest loss.

As long as Bougherra is also missing I can take it.

Jim44
19-12-2009, 04:07 PM
As long as Bougherra is also missing I can take it.

Bougherra is definitely playing for Rangers. :bitchy:

thebakerboy
19-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Great article in Daily Mail about Sol Bamba today. Ivory Coast manager is the coach that 1st signed Sol for PSG and is his mentor at International level and he says Sol needs 2 more seasons at ER before going for big transfer as he is still learning and would end up on bench at big club just now. Hope Sol listens:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy :

hfc rd
19-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Murray can move into CB with Hanlon or Stevenson at LB. Or even Hanlon at CB. :dunno:

Toaods
19-12-2009, 05:19 PM
I don't blame the coach for wanting ot have it treated with the right attitude.

It's a standard World Cup prep and Ivory Coast chave a fantastic chance to be the first African nation to win the World Cup.

ANy self respecting manager wouldn't want it to end up being like a f-a-side team with nobody to play against, like Burley ended up with at St Andrews.

blackhibee
19-12-2009, 05:26 PM
There does seem to be a bit of inconsistency about the rules here by the African Nations confederation, or whatever the official body is called. I really can't understand why Bamba can't play for Hibs on 27/12/09 but Bougherra can, and Drogba can play for Chelsea as well. Maybe somebody could enlighten me?

Toaods
19-12-2009, 05:32 PM
There does seem to be a bit of inconsistency about the rules here by the African Nations confederation, or whatever the official body is called. I really can't understand why Bamba can't play for Hibs on 27/12/09 but Bougherra can, and Drogba can play for Chelsea as well. Maybe somebody could enlighten me?

The Algerian coach has given permission for Bougherra to stay, which he is entitled to decide. May be a bit if payback for MB's recent late returns.