PDA

View Full Version : Yams they won't let it lie

clerriehibs
19-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Some yam git has sent us a yams' christmas card. It's a scene from the first world war. It's a charity card, along with the erskine trust ... but why not use a more recent conflict?

Don't ever forget ... they won the war.

Rasta_Hibs
19-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Some yam git has sent us a yams' christmas card. It's a scene from the first world war. It's a charity card, along with the erskine trust ... but why not use a more recent conflict?

Least we forget get i think the saying is!

Anything that makes people remember he sacrifice made by those brave men and women is a good thing, yammish or not. IMO

greenlex
19-12-2009, 12:00 PM

Cos thats the conflict where McCraes battalion perished. If its a charity card for Erskine then thats fine by me.
I think as Hibs fans we need to just let them get on with it to be honest. They have little else to cling to these days but some extremely distant memory that the vast majority of them should have no immediate affinity with that might make them feel better about themselves.

surreyhibbie
19-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Yup, they are rightly proud of the contribution made by their team, can't knock it.

They seem to think, however, that they were the only ones to be involved.

Ah well, what do you expect from that bunch?

Prof. Shaggy
19-12-2009, 12:02 PM
The thing that must not be forgotten is the utter bloodthirsty insanity of the poltical leaders and generals of the time that sent hundreds of thousands on both sides to their deaths and the commitment that it should not happen again...

Oh wait, we forgot the last bit.

Rasta_Hibs
19-12-2009, 12:05 PM
The thing that must not be forgotten is the utter bloodthirsty insanity of the poltical leaders and generals of the time that sent hundreds of thousands on both sides to their deaths and the commitment that it should not happen again...

Oh wait, we forgot the last bit.

Yes you are so right!

The political elite view the people as cattle no more no less.

clerriehibs
19-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Least we forget get i think the saying is!

Anything that makes people remember he sacrifice made by those brave men and women is a good thing, yammish or not. IMO

Lest we forget.

Which wasn't my point.

Spike Mandela
19-12-2009, 12:41 PM

Don't se the problem:confused: Get over it Clerrie:bitchy:

Dashing Bob S
19-12-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm pretty surprised that our pinko chums haven't claimed to have invented Christmas yet. A bit late right now, but perhaps one for them to consider for next year?

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm pretty surprised that our pinko chums haven't claimed to have invented Christmas yet. A bit late right now, but perhaps one for them to consider for next year?

A fat bloke in a stupid outfit, who eats and drinks a lot, then goes for a wee drive. Yip, thats sounds like your typical Yam.

Dashing Bob S
19-12-2009, 01:29 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought that it was referring to an outbreak of civic goodwill in Gorgie, whereby our pink chums had decided to clear the snow off the streets. I was going to chuck them some coins to head up to "Merky" and grit my driveway.

Toaods
19-12-2009, 01:37 PM
send him back a DVD of McCartney's Xmas 'classic'

....they might be able to learn from it ways to improve their current standards of play.

:faf:

bobbyhibs1983
19-12-2009, 02:10 PM

Now be fair they claim they invented easter, the easter bunny, as well as claiming they invented football,:devil:

monktonharp
19-12-2009, 06:42 PM

Oh wait, we forgot the last bit.:agree: and also ,don't forget the terrified young men that were often told to "go over the top" or I'll shoot you myself,and the many "cowards" and cocientious objectors who were classed as the enemy within. not to mention the glorious Earl Haig and his cronies. if we lose 40.000 today they'll lose 60000.*******s the lot of them:grr:

Phil D. Rolls
19-12-2009, 07:44 PM

They could have let it lie.

Phil D. Rolls
19-12-2009, 07:47 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought that it was referring to an outbreak of civic goodwill in Gorgie, whereby our pink chums had decided to clear the snow off the streets. I was going to chuck them some coins to head up to "Merky" and grit my driveway.

Any of them comes near my driveway, I swear I'll set the dogs on them. I don't care if I do time, it will be worth it. Don't care if they do speak Polish. It's only a language I understand.

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2009, 07:50 PM
You still only get 3 points for a world war win, they will have to win a lot more to get out the trouble they are in at the moment.

Toaods
19-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Any of them comes near my driveway, I swear I'll set the dogs on them.

.make sure their teeth are blunt...:greengrin

--------
19-12-2009, 08:04 PM
A fat bloke in a stupid outfit, who eats and drinks a lot, then goes for a wee drive. Yip, thats sounds like your typical Yam.

It actually sounds like Lawd Foulkiss. :devil:

judas
19-12-2009, 08:32 PM
:agree: and also ,don't forget the terrified young men that were often told to "go over the top" or I'll shoot you myself,and the many "cowards" and cocientious objectors who were classed as the enemy within. not to mention the glorious Earl Haig and his cronies. if we lose 40.000 today they'll lose 60000.*******s the lot of them:grr:

And it's happening today. Only the details have changed.

Young men continue to be expendable.

I am afraid if you want to oppose war, you have to oppose the entire machinery of it from the top to the infantry man.

All war is a failure of diplomacy.

Fantic
19-12-2009, 08:56 PM
The last game at Tynecastle when a large group of the soldiers came running up to the Hibs end with their Hibs scarfs on and we were all clapping.
Then section N etc started booing. They simply couldn't understand it... says it all.