PDA

View Full Version : Keith Wright Jr

Monts
17-12-2009, 08:45 PM
For those of you who know the poster Keith Wright Jr, and even those who only know him from here, I thought id make you aware of his current situation.

He is currently in Australia on a working holiday. Unfortunately he has been in an accident - a fall from a second storey balcony. He has many fractured ribs, a punctured lung and a broken bone in the base of his back.

He is in hospital just now and will be for the time being as he needs help breathing.

Upon his awakening tho, one of his first questions was 'what was the dundee utd rangers score'. What a guy. Still thinking about the hibs!

Anyway, i thought i would share this with the hibby family and wish him a speedy recovery. Im sure it will really lift him once he is able to read any messages for him.

Hope you get better soon buddy! Take care.

Darth Hibbie
17-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Hope he gets well soon :hnet:

MSK
17-12-2009, 08:47 PM
For those of you who know the poster Keith Wright Jr, and even those who only know him from here, I thought id make you aware of his current situation.

He is currently in Australia on a working holiday. Unfortunately he has been in an accident - a fall from a second storey balcony. He has many fractured ribs, a punctured lung and a broken bone in the base of his back.

He is in hospital just now and will be for the time being as he needs help breathing.

Upon his awakening tho, one of his first questions was 'what was the dundee utd rangers score'. What a guy. Still thinking about the hibs!

Anyway, i thought i would share this with the hibby family and wish him a speedy recovery. Im sure it will really lift him once he is able to read any messages for him.

Hope you get better soon buddy! Take care.Sorry to hear that....hope the lad makes a speedy recovery ..:scarf:...:aok:

Peevemor
17-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Hope he gets well soon :hnet:

:agree: Goes without saying.

Barney McGrew
17-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Best wishes to him.

It'll hopefully not be long before he's back on here posting nonsense in the nuthoose :aok:

Lofarl
17-12-2009, 08:51 PM
All the best mate. Get on the mend eh :wink:

Toaods
17-12-2009, 08:52 PM
where about in Aussie?

.Sean.
17-12-2009, 08:59 PM
get well soon!

:notworthy:

oconnors_strip
17-12-2009, 09:00 PM
get well soon! hope we beat the huns and hearts for u:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
17-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Get on the mend soon pal :aok:

Forza Fred
17-12-2009, 09:09 PM
where about in Aussie?

wot he said

matty_f
17-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Get well soon!:agree:

Removed
17-12-2009, 09:17 PM

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to KW Jnr. Quality response though :thumbsup:

Takes me back to October 2005 when I was in Delhi and caught up in bombings where 60+ folk were killled and over 200 injured. Family at home were worried sick as they hadn't heard from me for 2 days and when I managed to call home the first thing I said was "what was the derby score?" My wife went :grr: but I was :partyhibbwhen I was told we won 2 nil then :faf: when I found out that Burley had been emptied as well.

When the chips are down we all know only one thing matters :agree: :scarf:

Get well soon KW Jnr :ill:

Hank Schrader
17-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Get well soon mate

Aubenas
17-12-2009, 09:18 PM
All the best, mate.

CorrieHibs
17-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Get well soon mate. Let's hope the Hibs put a smile on ur face. Starting on Sat against the sheep.

Jonnyboy
17-12-2009, 09:35 PM
C'mon Keith Keith Keith get yersel back in circulation mate :thumbsup:

jabis
17-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Speedy recovery,and all the best.

jabis

Ed De Gramo
17-12-2009, 10:07 PM
All the best dude...

Glory Glory

Gatecrasher
17-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Aw the best :agree:

IWasThere2016
17-12-2009, 10:16 PM
GWS C! Glory Glory tae ye! :thumbsup:

Big Frank
17-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Get well soon Hibby bro.

**** hertz

silverhibee
17-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Get wel soon KW Jr. A speedy recovery mate. :hnet::agree:

surreyhibbie
17-12-2009, 10:56 PM
All the best mate, the Whole Hibs family are rooting for you.:thumbsup:

basehibby
17-12-2009, 10:56 PM
KEITH! KEITH! KEITH! KEITH! KEITH! KEITH!

Get well soon :thumbsup:

Littlest Hobo
17-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Hope you make a speedy recovery mate. :thumbsup:

H18sry
17-12-2009, 11:18 PM
where about in Aussie?

wot he said

In a hospital :devil:

Joking aside wishing you a speedy recovery :agree:

TomTheHibbyBev
17-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Speedy recovery,and all the best.

Hainan Hibs
17-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Hope you recover soon, all the best:thumbsup:

Monts
18-12-2009, 12:36 AM
where about in Aussie?

He is in Brisbane hospital I believe.

Sprouleflyer
18-12-2009, 06:06 AM
Get well soon.

Does this mean there is a spare ticket for the Derby? :devil:

stu in nottingham
18-12-2009, 06:23 AM
That's terrible news. Hope the lad makes a speedy recovery from his injuries.

Benny Brazil
18-12-2009, 07:26 AM
As everyone has said already - get well soon mate.

phoenixfire
18-12-2009, 07:56 AM
Hurry up and get well we want you at the cup final:flag::scarf::cheers::partyhibb

CmoantheHibs
18-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Hope your recovery is full, painless as poss and rapid.

soupy
18-12-2009, 04:52 PM
get well soon, keith, keith:notworthy:

Dashing Bob S
18-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Sorry to hear about this. Get well soon KWJ.

MUSSI LEE
18-12-2009, 05:14 PM
get well soon

Broken Gnome
18-12-2009, 06:20 PM
all the best mate

Hiber-nation
18-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

All the best Keith

FranckSuzy
18-12-2009, 06:48 PM
If someone knows which hospital he's in maybe they could post it here and perhaps one of the Oz Hibs guys could visit him??

Get well soon BTW :thumbsup:

Anagram
18-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Hi guys, as some of you will remember, I am KWJ's Dad. I've not posted on here for a while, but when I heard about this thread, I had to come on and see. Thank you all for your kind wishes and messages, I'm sure he will be really touched when he is able to read them all.

Just to let you know some of the details. He has recently been staying in Darwin, and after a night out with some colleagues from a sports betting company where he was working he managed to go A over T off a 2nd storey balcony. He's not really sure how it happened and can remember very little about it. He did, as mentioned before, fracture several ribs (9 back left, 6 front left) and puncture one of his lungs. He also broke a bone to the left at the bottom of his spine, but I am assured that this is nothing to worry about.

For the first while he could not speak, as he had a tube down his throat to his lung, but after just a day or so, I was amazed to be asked by his doc on the phone if I would like to speak to him. I kid you not, after a bit of "how are you doing" etc, the first thing I heard from a very quiet hoarse voice was "what was the Dundee Utd - Rangers score?" I immediately thought 'what have I done to this boy'!!

I am happy to report that he is making a remarkable recovery. He was moved yesterday from the Intensive Care Unit to a High Dependancy Ward, and they think he will shortly be able to go to a general ward. He actually managed to walk a bit today, and is talking like it is only a minor scrape. His Mother and I had visas and everything sorted to head over there today, but he insists that there is no need, and he actually thinks he will be able to travel several thousand miles to Sydney for New Year. Hm, I think not. However, the nurses seem to think that there is a chance that he could be discharged within a couple of weeks.

Thanks once again for all your kind words.

GGTTH.

Anagram
18-12-2009, 06:56 PM
If someone knows which hospital he's in maybe they could post it here and perhaps one of the Oz Hibs guys could visit him??

Get well soon BTW :thumbsup:

He is in The Royal Darwin Hospital.

bawheid
18-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Get well soon KWJ.

Didn't realise Keith Wright posted here! Cheers for those League Cup goals Anagram. :greengrin

Mibbes Aye
18-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Get well soon KWJ :agree:

FranckSuzy
18-12-2009, 09:01 PM
He is in The Royal Darwin Hospital.

Thanks for that. If you PM me his 'real' name I'll pass it on as my bro' is over there and is involved in the Oz Hibs set-up. I've emailed him to give him a heads up but I'm sure one of the guys will pop in and see your boy :thumbsup: GGTTH

ArabHibee
18-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Get well soon Keith! :dancer:

ronaldo7
19-12-2009, 03:05 AM
Hi guys, as some of you will remember, I am KWJ's Dad. I've not posted on here for a while, but when I heard about this thread, I had to come on and see. Thank you all for your kind wishes and messages, I'm sure he will be really touched when he is able to read them all.

Just to let you know some of the details. He has recently been staying in Darwin, and after a night out with some colleagues from a sports betting company where he was working he managed to go A over T off a 2nd storey balcony. He's not really sure how it happened and can remember very little about it. He did, as mentioned before, fracture several ribs (9 back left, 6 front left) and puncture one of his lungs. He also broke a bone to the left at the bottom of his spine, but I am assured that this is nothing to worry about.

For the first while he could not speak, as he had a tube down his throat to his lung, but after just a day or so, I was amazed to be asked by his doc on the phone if I would like to speak to him. I kid you not, after a bit of "how are you doing" etc, the first thing I heard from a very quiet hoarse voice was "what was the Dundee Utd - Rangers score?" I immediately thought 'what have I done to this boy'!!

I am happy to report that he is making a remarkable recovery. He was moved yesterday from the Intensive Care Unit to a High Dependancy Ward, and they think he will shortly be able to go to a general ward. He actually managed to walk a bit today, and is talking like it is only a minor scrape. His Mother and I had visas and everything sorted to head over there today, but he insists that there is no need, and he actually thinks he will be able to travel several thousand miles to Sydney for New Year. Hm, I think not. However, the nurses seem to think that there is a chance that he could be discharged within a couple of weeks.

GGTTH.

Well done KWJ keep up the good work and get well soon. Have a happy Christmas, and great New year:notworthy:

GGTTH

crewetollhibee
19-12-2009, 03:47 AM
Stick in pal. GGTTH.

BroxburnHibee
19-12-2009, 07:20 AM
Good to hear your lads recovering well :aok:

Get well soon KWJ.

hibsfan7
19-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Gt well soon

GGTTH

Northern Hibby
19-12-2009, 05:11 PM

GGTTH.

Only given him the the best gift a Father could, the love of Hibernian :thumbsup:

All the best GWS

Monts
20-12-2009, 02:50 AM
Just thought Id update..although im sure Anagram will be more than willing to tell you himself....

KWJ has been moved out of high dependency and into a regular ward. He has been on his feet too, although not a lot.

Signs are good.

Stick in bud!

KiddA
20-12-2009, 03:04 AM

First class post mate :agree: :top marks

I hope you feel better soon Keith

Anagram
21-12-2009, 01:34 AM
Yep guys, Bernz is correct, he's been moved to a general ward (2B) and is still making progress. Anthony Stokes helped a great deal.

Peevemor
21-12-2009, 06:08 AM
Hi guys, as some of you will remember, I am KWJ's Dad....

It's great to hear he's improving. :aok:

... but why's he not called Anagram Jnr? :hmmm:

:greengrin

Fife-Hibee
21-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Good to here you are making good progress, stick in pal, :thumbsup: GGTTH

EskbankHibby
21-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Yep guys, Bernz is correct, he's been moved to a general ward (2B) and is still making progress. Anthony Stokes helped a great deal.

Not only a great goalscorer but a hospital porter, Anthony Stokes what a guy!:greengrin

All the best to you and your boy Anagram, sounds like KWJ is making great progress.

FranckSuzy
21-12-2009, 11:27 AM

Hi Colin

That's great news. I spoke to my brother on Sat and he's trying to contact one of the guys who, as far as he knows, is still in Darwin. I'll pass on the ward no. and hopefully your wee boy'll get a surprise visitor :greengrin

Cheers

Suzy

Bad Martini
21-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Get well soon son...but watch yer injuries when yer celebrating the cabbage trouncing the huns at Easter Road as we fire a few past the unwashed...

GGTTH.

SmashinGlass
21-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Just thought Id update..although im sure Anagram will be more than willing to tell you himself....

KWJ has been moved out of high dependency and into a regular ward. He has been on his feet too, although not a lot.

Signs are good.

Stick in bud!

Good to hear he's on the mend! Hopefully will be able to celebrate at least a little over the festive period!

Monts
21-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Good to hear he's on the mend! Hopefully will be able to celebrate at least a little over the festive period!

Knowing him, im sure he'll find some way to celebrate :greengrin

Anagram
22-12-2009, 12:13 AM
It's great to hear he's improving. :aok:

... but why's he not called Anagram Jnr? :hmmm:

:greengrin

Because his Mammy wouldn't let me give him my christian name, so his names aren't anagrams of each other like mine are!! There, clear as mud, aye?

Thanks for all your messages guys, they are heartwarming (or maybe that should be hibwarming) to me now, and I am sure he will be amazed and touched by all your kind wishes when he sees them.
:thumbsup::love ya!:

DrSpaceMonkey
22-12-2009, 12:19 AM
get well soon :scarf:

hibee_nation
22-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Glad to hear he is on the mend, must be a nightmare to hear your child is hurting so far from home. Well done to all hospital staff who have helped for a happy ending. GGTTH and to anagram. :agree:

KWJ
24-12-2009, 01:55 AM
Hey lads,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm out of hospital now and looking forward to the 27th. Can't leave Darwin for a good bit which is a bugger but I'm sure the Cabbage will keep me going. Trying to get yin o them internet dongle things so I can get online at the flat and then you may find me living on here whilst I heal!

Thanks again.

GGTTH

Sloppy
24-12-2009, 02:54 AM
Hey lads,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm out of hospital now and looking forward to the 27th. Can't leave Darwin for a good bit which is a bugger but I'm sure the Cabbage will keep me going. Trying to get yin o them internet dongle things so I can get online at the flat and then you may find me living on here whilst I heal!

Thanks again.

GGTTH
great to see your in a good condition:thumbsup::thumbsup:

GGTTH

flash
24-12-2009, 06:01 AM
Hey lads,

Thanks again.

GGTTH

Good to see you are on the mend. Keep yer pecker up.

Green Man
24-12-2009, 07:33 AM
Glad you're on the mend KWJ, and that you're out of hospital for Christmas. Hopefully the Hibees will cheer you up over the coming weeks! :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
24-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey lads,

Thanks again.

GGTTH

Excellent news pal!..glad to hear your ok :agree:.

Have a very merry xmas mate, god bless Hibernian and **** the Hearts!.

SmashinGlass
24-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Hey lads,

Thanks again.

GGTTH

Good to see you're back up and about mate!!! Just about went into shock when Bert told me! Hope you have a good Christmas and New Year all things considered.

jabis
25-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Good to see you are on the mend. Keep yer pecker up.

One thing at a time ! :greengrin

Hope your mending well,allthe best

jabis

Toaods
25-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Hey lads,

Thanks again.

GGTTH

The Dongle Hibs Supporters Club............got a nice ring to it...:thumbsup:

bigstu
26-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Knowing him, im sure he'll find some way to celebrate :greengrin

Bernz! you didn't tell me that KWJ was Chris, i've been wondering who this character is until I read the Scotsman online & it gave his name.

Get well soon Chris, hope your recovering well! And don't worry we've all fallen off the odd balcony or 2, nothing to get embarassed about :greengrin I hope our win against the huns on Sunday helps you along the way.

hail hail

:notworthy:

Dashing Bob S
26-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Hey lads,

Thanks again.

GGTTH

Glad to hear that you are okay and are on mend. Hope you're back at ER soon.

KWJ
26-12-2009, 03:07 PM
I knew it was in todays Sun with a rather unflattering photo but didn't know it was in Scotsman and Evening News too.

:hide:

Least it wasn't the Daily Ranger.

frazeHFC
26-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Get well soon Keith!!!

Monts
26-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Christ I knew it was in todays Sun with a rather unflattering photo but didn't know it was in Scotsman and Evening News too.

:hide:

Least it wasn't the Daily Ranger.

Quality stuff!

Anyone got a link to he stories?

Forza Fred
26-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Keith Wright Jnr hits Sydney as planned, or even after as planned, can he get in touch.

The Oz HIbs would like to buy him an official 'get well soon' beer or three.

Dinnae worry, we'll stay away from balconies!

Little Miss Perfect
26-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your fall,but glad to hear your on the mend now :thumbsup:

KWJ
27-12-2009, 01:03 AM
Keith Wright Jnr hits Sydney as planned, or even after as planned, can he get in touch.

The Oz HIbs would like to buy him an official 'get well soon' beer or three.

Dinnae worry, we'll stay away from balconies!

haha cheers shall do. Had a week look for a Oz supporters club when I was there before, at least I think I did. Maybe no actually seeing as it was close season. Be good to take in games with fellow Hibees. Not sure when I'll be back but I'll drop you a post :)

Cheers?

Disco Dave
27-12-2009, 01:49 AM
Quality stuff!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2784592/Christopher-Nicol-Im-alive-What-was-the-United-score.html

Calvin
27-12-2009, 01:57 AM
Quality stuff!

http://news.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Coma-survivor-asks-for-football.5939425.jp

Monts
27-12-2009, 03:19 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2784592/Christopher-Nicol-Im-alive-What-was-the-United-score.html

Thanks! :greengrin

great pic there chris :thumbsup:

VegasHibby
27-12-2009, 04:34 AM
I wish you a speedy recovery God Bless