PDA

View Full Version : Any hibees out in melbourne?

1ivansproule
17-12-2009, 02:41 AM
I'm out in melbourne just now and trying to find out if any other hibees are out here and heading to the supporters club for the derby?

Flemington hibb
17-12-2009, 03:13 AM
How are you doing Ivan. There is a fair few Hibees here in Melbourne. We are all meeting to watch the Hibs Rangers game at a pub called the Charles Dickens which is down in Collins street in the CBD. There is a supporters club in Victoria but since the games are available to watch at home it seems to have died off a bit. I got a mail from one of the boys in the club saying there is a bit of a push to get as many hibees down on the 27th Dec as its an 11pm KO here and to possiblyto try and kick start the group.

Which part of Melbourne are you in?

SauzeeJ'adore4
17-12-2009, 03:50 AM
If you can keep me in the loop too mate. Im a Hibee from Edinburgh and usualy end up watching the games with a good ex Hibee pal of mine and I'm sure we'd like to come along and watch the game with a few of our own.
Cheers
Steve

Flemington hibb
17-12-2009, 04:05 AM
Will do Steve. Its an 11pm KO so hopefully we should get a good few down there and get a good atmosphere going

"Good Ex-hibee pal of mine"........please explain, has he jumped ship or been possessed or something??

Gaz

marti1875
17-12-2009, 04:45 AM
Ahhh....the good old Charles Dickens, great place for the games...:agree:
Unfortunately i'm in Thailand right now so will not be joining ya all there...

Flemington hibb
17-12-2009, 05:05 AM
The Charles Dickens is ok except for the miserable barstaff and the shecht beer.

Still, its open till the wee small hours and by that time I generally dont care what I'm drinking!

1ivansproule
17-12-2009, 01:40 PM
How are you doing Ivan. There is a fair few Hibees here in Melbourne. We are all meeting to watch the Hibs Rangers game at a pub called the Charles Dickens which is down in Collins street in the CBD. There is a supporters club in Victoria but since the games are available to watch at home it seems to have died off a bit. I got a mail from one of the boys in the club saying there is a bit of a push to get as many hibees down on the 27th Dec as its an 11pm KO here and to possiblyto try and kick start the group.

Which part of Melbourne are you in?

Mate, i am in St kilda, 17 carlisle street to be precise,.where are you? yeah i know where collins street is, about 15 minute tram journey for me. I am definately up for that on the 27th. Anywhere we can meet before to get a few down us?

nickwhibs
17-12-2009, 08:20 PM
I will also be out in Melbourne for both games! See you all there. :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
17-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Am in Melbourne right now, Collins street till 8th January, would also be interested in a meet up.

Jamesie
17-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Was anyone at the Celtic Club in Melbourne for the ill-fated CIS Cup Final in 2004?

Carnage and chaos! :greengrin

Forza Fred
17-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Yes, and I think you have the photos to prove it!!

Jamesie
17-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Forza Fred's view of the Cup Final...

Bahrain Hibee
18-12-2009, 01:41 AM
Great to hear that there are moves afoot to get a good turn out for the Huns game.
My last game in the Charles Dickens was the derby back in early 2008 and before I discovered the joys of Setanta!
My lad will be out visiting so we'll be making our way into the CBD from Mentone.
If there are any plans for an early start in town then please post the details :wink:
GGTTH

Flemington hibb
18-12-2009, 05:02 AM
I was at the Celtic club for the CIS also and remember a certain Forza Fred and Peter H looking pretty green at KO:jamboak:.

Ivan, I'd be up for a couple of bevvies before the game, I am up in Ballarat (about an hour north west of Melbourne) but am coming down for it and staying at a mates place. Could maybe meet at Fed Square or something beforehand?

GP