PDA

View Full Version : Killie in serious financial trouble?

One Day Soon
16-12-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm hearing on very good authority that they are something like £10 million plus in the hole and in desperate need of income during the january transfer window.

Anyone else heard anything on this? The strength of their trouble is apparently enough to have the SPL/SFA worried about their condition. It seems they are hoping Rangers sell Boyd in January so that they receive a sell-on fee.

Could be cobblers - in fact I hope it is - but the source is too good for that.

Prof. Shaggy
16-12-2009, 11:36 PM
I believe they're screwed.
If they are relegated this season or next its Div 3 for them.

jacomo
16-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Oddly, I was looking at Killie on football finances the other day. They've got a weird set-up, with the hotel part and parcel of the football club's accounts.

It makes it very hard to work out if the club is trading at a loss or not.

IWasThere2016
17-12-2009, 05:58 AM
They're skint - and the football side of things is loss-making.

weonlywon6-2
17-12-2009, 06:55 AM
I'm hearing on very good authority that they are something like £10 million plus in the hole and in desperate need of income during the january transfer window.

Anyone else heard anything on this? The strength of their trouble is apparently enough to have the SPL/SFA worried about their condition. It seems they are hoping Rangers sell Boyd in January so that they receive a sell-on fee.

a wee mouse told me we were in for kyle !! maybe has a bit of truth about it now !!

MyJo
17-12-2009, 07:39 AM
a wee mouse told me we were in for kyle !! maybe has a bit of truth about it now !!

Offer them a tenner for Kyle and Taouil :greengrin

CorrieHibs
17-12-2009, 09:17 AM

No chance Kyle will be heading to Easter Road.

jdships
17-12-2009, 09:58 AM

My take too !!!
:thumbsup:

H18sry
17-12-2009, 10:01 AM

My take too !!!
:thumbsup:

Source :devil:

CorrieHibs
17-12-2009, 10:04 AM
No source just can't seeing it happening. Kyle will be on a decent a wage there and i don't think Petrie will give another player a big wage on top of the ones we have already.

GreenCastle
17-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Said it on another thread through 2nd hand info...so not putting my house on it.

The rumour was Kyle to ER in January :confused:

MyJo
17-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Said it on another thread though 2nd hand info...so not putting my house on it.

The rumour was Kyle to ER in January :confused:

another benefit of private membership.....1st hand info :greengrin:wink:

woodyhfc4892
17-12-2009, 10:50 AM

I hope this is true because i really don't think Kyle is a very good player, obviously a lot of people on here do but my opinion eh :greengrin

dennykillie
17-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Yes we are skint and now only(!!!) £9m in debt thanks to the previous Chairman writing off a loan of just under £2m. However, the £9m debt does include a 70+ bedroom, 4* Hotel as well as a Fitness Centre.

The problem is that there is not enough income to service the debt, hence the rumours about selling Kyle in January. The Boyd thing is just wishful thinking as we have a 15% sell-on clause.

By the way, I will see you on 9th January as I was brought up in the same street as Irvine Meadow's park. Is the Hibs Club OK for visiting supporters?

big-mo
17-12-2009, 11:00 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/k/kilmarnock/8418176.stm

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-12-2009, 11:02 AM
No source just can't seeing it happening. Kyle will be on a decent a wage there and i don't think Petrie will give another player a big wage on top of the ones we have already.

He will be on nothing like what we pay our players. We don't pay fortunes for obvious reasons but we will pay more than them. Remember JJ saying that they could not get near to matching what we were offering Nish. That said, we don't need yet another forward.

Hibs On Tour
17-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Yes we are skint and now only(!!!) £9m in debt thanks to the previous Chairman writing off a loan of just under £2m. However, the £9m debt does include a 70+ bedroom, 4* Hotel as well as a Fitness Centre.

The problem is that there is not enough income to service the debt, hence the rumours about selling Kyle in January. The Boyd thing is just wishful thinking as we have a 15% sell-on clause.

By the way, I will see you on 9th January as I was brought up in the same street as Irvine Meadow's park. Is the Hibs Club OK for visiting supporters?

I heard about a month and a half ago that your board were in talks with that muppet who turned Livi over [Massone or whatever his name was] - although I knew you were stuffed cash-wise I would still have been massively surprised if that panned out to be the case. Heard anything like that? The info came to me via someone doing other business with Massone and he had [allegedly!] mentioned this to them - could have been bigging himself up of course...

Littlest Hobo
17-12-2009, 11:30 AM
That's a cracking wee stadium they have there but it seems such a waste as it's never full. Screwing the old firm fans when they come to town has caught up with them too, with the ugly sisters supporters boycotting. Can't help think Killie have gambled on building a bigger stadium than what they really need and are now paying the price. The official support against us last week was something in the region of 5500? And that was probably half filled by the away support. The future doesn't look :violin:

Peevemor
17-12-2009, 11:35 AM
That's a cracking wee stadium they have there but it seems such a waste as it's never full. Screwing the old firm fans when they come to town has caught up with them too, with the ugly sisters supporters boycotting. Can't help think Killie have gambled on building a bigger stadium than what they really need and are now paying the price. The official support against us last week was something in the region of 5500? And that was probably half filled by the away support. The future doesn't look :violin:

They didn't spend more than anyone else. They kept their main stand and built 3 new stands which are big and good enough to watch football, but remain ultra basic all the same.

Hainan Hibs
17-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Also anyone over 3ft tall is struggling for leg room there.

ArabHibee
17-12-2009, 11:41 AM

The away support was 1100.

hfc rd
17-12-2009, 12:04 PM
They are totally skint. I believe all of their players are up for sale as they desperately need the money. The only player I would take from them is Mehdi Taouil.

Hibernian Verse
17-12-2009, 12:39 PM

What makes you think that?

sesoim
17-12-2009, 12:58 PM

We'll have enough to cover his wages (hopefully) if three out of Benji, Nish, Stevenson, Cregg or Thicot leave.

We might also let go of Makalamby and bring in a cheaper (better value) replacement in January.

Woody1985
17-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Nish should/must be kept IMO.

givescotlandfreedom
17-12-2009, 01:07 PM

Aye it should be fine for you there. I hope Killie aren't in too much trouble it would be a real same to lose one of the game's real clubs with the freak show over the road surviving for the time being.

GreenCastle
17-12-2009, 01:07 PM
They are totally skint. I believe all of their players are up for sale as they desperately need the money. The only player I would take from them is Mehdi Taouil.

Hibs were offered him a while back but didn't go for him - not quite sure the reasons.

Decent player on the ball - would he get into our midfield ?

Nish - has just played his best two games in a Hibs shirt so no reason to get rid of him ASAP.

Kyle I see as similar to Nish - I would rather we were looking at GK's and defenders before strikers as we have Bryne too who I would like to see get a chance before he moves on claiming he wants 1st team football.

sambajustice
17-12-2009, 01:08 PM

As a replacement for Zemama?

HibbyAndy
17-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Medhi Taouil id take in a heartbeat:agree: could maybe be a ready made replacement for Zouma?. get him for next to nowt and get 1M plus in the summer for the wee man.

Id take Kyle aswell, i dont buy this theory he's crap, he scores goals and would further enhance the qauilty of our sqaud.

Could get the pair of them for next to nowt. in saying that i dont know what contract Taouil has.

jdships
17-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Source :devil:

The man himself !
OK?

:greengrin

Hibernian Verse
17-12-2009, 06:09 PM
The man himself !
OK?

:greengrin

You sure? :confused:

jdships
17-12-2009, 06:33 PM
You sure? :confused:

Spoke to Kevin Kyle myself over the weekend at a get together
If you do not want to believe me then that is up to you - am not really worried :wink:

Perhaps it is you who are :confused: !!

judas
17-12-2009, 06:38 PM

Great news!

Do they have any players we could chore?

whiskyhibby
17-12-2009, 06:39 PM

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

whiskyhibby
17-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Didn't I hear that one of their shareholders has written off £2M on the radio this morning?

:notworthy::notworthy:

vanNISHtelroy
17-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Former Chairman (no longer shareholder gave shares to current chairman) Jamie Moffat (Moffat stand named after his dad/the family) wrote off £2million pounds worth of "soft loans" in exchange for no longer having to guarantee a set amount of debt to the bank.

Kaiser1962
17-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Hibs were offered him a while back but didn't go for him - not quite sure the reasons.

Decent player on the ball - would he get into our midfield ?

Nish - has just played his best two games in a Hibs shirt so no reason to get rid of him ASAP.

Kyle I see as similar to Nish - I would rather we were looking at GK's and defenders before strikers as we have Bryne too who I would like to see get a chance before he moves on claiming he wants 1st team football.

I refer to the bit in bold NYH as I would be prone to agree with you however the stats dont bear it out. Only der hun has a better goals against column than the mighty cabbage defence and even then its only by a goal. We have the best defensive home record in the division. Surprising but there it is.

GreenCastle
17-12-2009, 08:31 PM
I refer to the bit in bold NYH as I would be prone to agree with you however the stats dont bear it out. Only der hun has a better goals against column than the mighty cabbage defence and even then its only by a goal. We have the best defensive home record in the division. Surprising but there it is.

It's a fair point you make :agree:

I think we have been lucky having no major injuries at the back and have done well to keep the same back 4 plus GK for most of the season so far.

I think we do have Hanlon / McCormack to come in - I have a feeling we will get a centre half in January of some sort.

GK situation - I am not going to go on as there are numerous threads on the site about it - but I would think Hibs would keep an eye open to see what there is and if it would improve us. :thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
17-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Killie have been in bother for a good few years now... It could be down to a number of reason but the location of the town could be the major factor along with being in the shadow of the OF...

If they were to get relegated , I have no doubt that they would go bust.. IT would be a shame to see such a thing..

GreenCastle
17-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Killie have been in bother for a good few years now... It could be down to a number of reason but the location of the town could be the major factor along with being in the shadow of the OF...

If they were to get relegated , I have no doubt that they would go bust.. IT would be a shame to see such a thing..

:agree:

Never really had an issue with them except JJ being the manager :greengrin

They have a nice stadium for SPL standards but crowds just don't seem to be bothered ( due to quality? ) / can't afford it there anymore and seems they may struggle.

Don't think they will go down though - may be wrong.

Prof. Shaggy
17-12-2009, 08:44 PM

I don't think they will go bust. There seem to be potential investors waiting till the club goes into administration at which point they move in and clear the debts @ 20p in the pound. The hotel is a major capital asset but is now posting a loss. It may have to be sold to reduce the debt.

I heard Mowbray was interested in Kyle - he does like a big strapping centre forward doesn't he?

18/03/07
17-12-2009, 08:55 PM

I think that when the Johnie Walker whisky plant shuts (900 jobs)down they could be in big sh*t,crowds will be a cert to go down

jacomo
17-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Former Chairman (no longer shareholder gave shares to current chairman) Jamie Moffat (Moffat stand named after his dad/the family) wrote off £2million pounds worth of "soft loans" in exchange for no longer having to guarantee a set amount of debt to the bank.

Well I'm not going to speculate about players, but wish Killie all the best in hopefully resolving your problems.

I like the club. :agree:

Hibernian Verse
17-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Spoke to Kevin Kyle myself over the weekend at a get together
If you do not want to believe me then that is up to you - am not really worried :wink:

Perhaps it is you who are :confused: !!

:greengrin Just I had heard very differently from someone.

Joe Baker II
18-12-2009, 09:23 AM

It can change though. Is always a large OF and junior football following in Ayrshire but in the 1990s when Killie were a decent but unexceptional team (and Williamson, awful as he was here, was decent manager there), Rugby Park was regularly full when OF came, and crowds were much better for other games too and it was good for Scottish football when clubs like Killie could get 14-15,000 reasonably often. Certainly hope so, more postiive news this morning I hear on finances.

Danderhall Hibs
18-12-2009, 09:24 AM
:greengrin Just I had heard very differently from someone.

Well I reckon you'll have to name your source now. JDs trumped you so far by naming Kevin Kyle as his source

down the slope
18-12-2009, 09:41 AM
I heard we were in for Kyle a few weeks ago but thought it was just speculation but not so sure now,not so sure about him either but i suppose he would add another dimension to a small forward line.

sambajustice
18-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Well I reckon you'll have to name your source now. JDs trumped you so far by naming Kevin Kyle as his source

Well if Kevin Kyle is anything like Katie then the only source that could trump that is Kevin Kyle's mum!!! :greengrin

Killiehibbie
18-12-2009, 11:58 AM
I think that when the Johnie Walker whisky plant shuts (900 jobs)down they could be in big sh*t,crowds will be a cert to go down

When that happens they can just close the door on the way out. The club will die along with the rest of the town.