PDA

View Full Version : Academy turning heads? (new youth signing)

Bobo
16-12-2009, 09:35 PM
New signing (http://www.berwick-advertiser.co.uk/sport/Corblimey----young.5915549.jp).

Looks like even young laddies are now seeing the light :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
16-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage??

I take it we never got a work permit for the new lad? :wink:

Winston Ingram
16-12-2009, 09:42 PM
New signing (http://www.berwick-advertiser.co.uk/sport/Corblimey----young.5915549.jp).

Looks like even young laddies are now seeing the light :greengrin

Don't blame him. Who on earth would want to sign for Newcastle?

madabouthibs
16-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Hmmmm.....
Can we afford this? :greengrin

Bobo
16-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Hmmmm.....
Can we afford this? :greengrin

I'm sure the tache has already got a market value for the lad come 2020 :wink:

greenlex
16-12-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm sure the tache has already got a market value for the lad come 2020 :wink:

Should pay for the roof on the stadium that will just have been completed by filling in the corners just about then I reckon.

ano hibby
17-12-2009, 06:42 AM
Interesting article, not sure why an 11 yr old should get an article all to himself though given that there are plenty of 10,11,12 etc yr olds at the club.
Maybe he's a wonderkid:greengrin

Anyway good luck to the boy and welcome to the Hibees family.:agree:

weonlywon6-2
17-12-2009, 06:59 AM
Interesting article, not sure why an 11 yr old should get an article all to himself though given that there are plenty of 10,11,12 etc yr olds at the club.
Maybe he's a wonderkid:greengrin

Anyway good luck to the boy and welcome to the Hibees family.:agree:

its an article in a small berwick newspaper about a local lad. they love these kinda stories

good on the lad and well done hibs.

Green Man
17-12-2009, 07:24 AM
When I went on the training centre tour there was a young lad and his parents being shown round, it sounds like Hibs do a good job of selling the whole youth development package - the accommodation, meals and education are all looked after by the club. If I was a teenager showing up at East Mains as a potential signing I reckon I'd be blown away by what's on offer.

Steve-O
17-12-2009, 08:12 AM
4 years time and he'll be the new Rooney :agree:

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2009, 08:13 AM
4 years time and he'll be the new Rooney :agree:

I'll warn all the grannys.:wink:

Mikey
17-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Joking aside, that's exactly the sort of thing Hibs should be doing. Well done them and good luck to him.

On another point, if he does make it we're probably looking at 7 or 8 years before he's first team material. I wonder what the cost is to the club for each individual player brought through from that age?

No doubt when he's sold for £4m in 2019, at the age of 21, we'll be told that Hibs have made a £4m profit on him :wink:

ano hibby
17-12-2009, 09:47 AM
its an article in a small berwick newspaper about a local lad. they love these kinda stories

good on the lad and well done hibs.

ok, thought it was EEN, ta

Phil MaGlass
17-12-2009, 12:29 PM
When this happens in Holland and the players mature and eventually play and sold on, all clubs who had a hand in bringing him through are paid a percentage of the fee thus keeping the whole game flourishing with money making its way down to these clubs.Its a good idea.
Good luck tae the wee man.

hibsbollah
17-12-2009, 12:36 PM
He looks a bit small, easily brushed off the ball.

The_Sauz
17-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Well suited for our midfield then :greengrin

Jonnyboy
17-12-2009, 03:42 PM

Are you sure he's not just far away?

:greengrin

hibsbollah
17-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Are you sure he's not just far away?

:greengrin

I made that mistake before with Jamie Mcluskey. He was playing in a CIS cup against Peterhead and i thought he was actually 4 miles away:confused: I got quite a shock when he tucked that penalty away:panic:

weecounty hibby
17-12-2009, 06:22 PM
When I went on the training centre tour there was a young lad and his parents being shown round, it sounds like Hibs do a good job of selling the whole youth development package - the accommodation, meals and education are all looked after by the club. If I was a teenager showing up at East Mains as a potential signing I reckon I'd be blown away by what's on offer.

I was talking to a guy I know who coaches Falkirk U15s and he said that they found East Mains very difficult to find and was poorly signposted. He went on to say that if they had a facility like EM that they would be shouting about it from the rooftops and have massive signs announcing exactly where you were. He has been coaching football for the 25 years I have known him and he was absolutely glowing in his praise for Hibs and the EM facility.

Prawn Sandwich
18-12-2009, 09:21 AM
I was talking to a guy I know who coaches Falkirk U15s and he said that they found East Mains very difficult to find and was poorly signposted. He went on to say that if they had a facility like EM that they would be shouting about it from the rooftops and have massive signs announcing exactly where you were. He has been coaching football for the 25 years I have known him and he was absolutely glowing in his praise for Hibs and the EM facility.

I was reading an interesting article in the Times online that is related to signing youngsters from other countries that would include England and how SPL clubs face changes to laws on worldwide movement of young talent. It seems that there is a move to try and stop youngsters moving abroad under a certain age. No mention of Hibs, but plenty on how it will effect the OF and the Yams.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article6960930.ece

Green Man
18-12-2009, 09:40 AM

I think the signpost says "HTC" or something - don't want just anyone being able to find it :greengrin

Davy Mac
18-12-2009, 07:55 PM

Dinnae get me started about our club PR.

Said this many times but Hibs don't want to be portrayed as this massive club with a big shiny training centre.

Small thinking, big thinking - it all depends on your point of view but the board are doing what they think is right for Hibs.

IMO sometimes you can keep a product so quiet naebody knows it's there and although I've been there a couple of times wi my laddies I have to say we should be bigging it up but Hibs seem to want to keep it private.

Mind you, the way Hertz have prostituted and masqueraded themselves around the footballing globe it's not done much for them.:greengrin