PDA

View Full Version : Police Ban Booze for Aberdeen Train

hibsboy90
16-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Was at the station in Aberdeen yesterday and saw a large notice from the British Transport Police saying that on return from Aberdeen between a 3h period following the game, there will be a no alcohol policy.

Just letting folk know before they get their crates taken off them, similar to when travelling to Scotland games.

Allant1981
16-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Is this not always the case on trains now?

hibsboy90
16-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Is this not always the case on trains now?
Not too sure, was always under the impression that you can drink on trains, the carriages tend to sell it even.

CB_NO3
16-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Our train going home is at 19.10 so am hoping the police only apply the ban on first train back after the game, and they dont have anyone checking on the later train.

Woody1985
16-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Is there a potential for violence or will the police be more on top of things than normal given the recent game at ER?

Also, does anyone know how the flaming sheep guy is doing?

CB_NO3
16-12-2009, 08:34 PM
There is always potential for violence when Hibs play Aberdeen. After the game last season we were walking back to the train station and the pub accross the road from it had about 15 or 20 Aberdeen Casuals in it.

Baw187
16-12-2009, 08:38 PM
:grr: That's baws. I've got my Christmas night out when I get back and was relying on getting tanked on the way home.

linlithgowhibbie
16-12-2009, 08:38 PM
The guy is much better now, has had skin drafts and more planned but well out of danger, unfortunately will be scarred for life

Nakedmanoncrack
16-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Anyone know which (if any) trains going North have got a ban in place?

Woody1985
16-12-2009, 08:44 PM
There is always potential for violence when Hibs play Aberdeen. After the game last season we were walking back to the train station and the pub accross the road from it had about 15 or 20 Aberdeen Casuals in it.

I had meant more so than usual but didn't go back and change it.

I was wondering if there is more chance of a 'revenge' attack. We all heard about 10 different rumours about the boy on the train i.e. he was attacked by casuals etc. Some dons fans/'fans' may be under that impression still.

CB_NO3
16-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Anyone know which (if any) trains going North have got a ban in place?
If you are planning on having a bevy, keep in it a bag till after you get to Fife normally the police get off around Dunfermline then you can peave on.

CB_NO3
16-12-2009, 08:48 PM
I had meant more so than usual but didn't go back and change it.

I was wondering if there is more chance of a 'revenge' attack. We all heard about 10 different rumours about the boy on the train i.e. he was attacked by casuals etc. Some dons fans/'fans' may be under that impression still.
Sorry I wasn't being smart, the story I was talking about was in Aberdeen last season, not the game at Easter Road.

Woody1985
16-12-2009, 08:50 PM
The guy is much better now, has had skin drafts and more planned but well out of danger, unfortunately will be scarred for life

Good to hear he's okay.

Suspected that might be the case.

Woody1985
16-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Sorry I wasn't being smart, the story I was talking about was in Aberdeen last season, not the game at Easter Road.

I know, it was my fault for wording it wrong and then my laziness not to go back and change it. :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
16-12-2009, 09:11 PM
If you are planning on having a bevy, keep in it a bag till after you get to Fife normally the police get off around Dunfermline then you can peave on.

That's what I'm planning, discreet couple of cans shouldn't be a problem. :wink:

linlithgowhibbie
17-12-2009, 09:22 AM
You can always go to Stirling (Dunblane train) change there and connect with the Glasgow to aberdeen train. Simples!!! Same price too! No Ban either!:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
17-12-2009, 09:24 AM

Do you mean at Inverkeithing? The Aberdeen train doesnt go through Dunfermline.

Baw187
17-12-2009, 10:00 AM
You can always go to Stirling (Dunblane train) change there and connect with the Glasgow to aberdeen train. Simples!!! Same price too! No Ban either!:wink:

Any ban on the way up or is this just the way back??

CB_NO3
17-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Yeah I do, my mistake.

mim
17-12-2009, 12:38 PM

Great. :thumbsup:
20 minutes solid boozing before you get to Edinburgh. :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-12-2009, 03:05 PM

I was down early for the home game [like two hours] and there was a shed load of Aberdeen Casuals hanging around at the top of Easter Road. Ignoring anyone in colours right enough.

Hermit Crab
17-12-2009, 03:25 PM

That would be fine if the Aberdeen train went near Dunfermline. First stop after Haymarket is Leuchars or Dundee.

CB_NO3
17-12-2009, 04:05 PM
That would be fine if the Aberdeen train went near Dunfermline. First stop after Haymarket is Leuchars or Dundee.
Read post 17 and 19.

Joe Baker II
17-12-2009, 04:13 PM
There was no ban after last Aberdeen game at ER when I ended up going to Dundee that night (was not on the train where guy got burnt!). Suspect there will be no police presence and ban will be easy to circumvent, but one would think police would have more important concerns given Friday the busiest night of the year for them - show themselves to be idiots yet again.

PISTOL1875
17-12-2009, 04:59 PM
The problem first started last year when we got beat 2-0 in Inverness... There was no booze allowed on that train because some stupid Yams trashed a train , sang sectarian songs and spoiled it for everybody else on there previous visit up north...

Phil D. Rolls
17-12-2009, 05:43 PM

Kirkcaldy
Markinch
Springfield (Sometimes)
Cupar
Leuchars
Dundee

(I never go any further than Dundee).

Nakedmanoncrack
18-12-2009, 07:03 PM
http://www.btp.presscentre.com/Media-Releases/INCREASED-BRITISH-TRANSPORT-POLICE-PRESENCE-FOR-ABERDEEN-v-HIBERNIAN-FIXTURE-cc7.aspx

INCREASED BRITISH TRANSPORT POLICE PRESENCE FOR ABERDEEN v HIBERNIAN FIXTURE

Passengers travelling between Edinburgh and Aberdeen on Saturday (19 December 2009) will see an increase in British Transport Police (BTP) officers patrolling trains and stations – the day Aberdeen and Hibernian meet in a Scottish Premier League fixture.

Supporters and other passengers should also note that the sale and consumption of alcohol will not be permitted on trains travelling between Aberdeen and Edinburgh after the match - between 6.00pm and 9.00pm.

Inspector Bob Cameron, of British Transport Police said:
“We are taking these measures to ensure that passengers can travel and rail staff can go about their duties without inconvenience or any kind of hindrance.”
Inspector Cameron continued:
“British Transport Police and our rail industry partners encourage football supporters to use public transport to travel to matches and although the vast majority of those who do so are a real credit to their club, we will not tolerate any kind of antisocial behaviour."

So no alcohol ban on the trains going up.:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
19-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Stay in A'deen drinking heavily and irresponsibly for over three hours after the game before taking a massive carry-out onto the last train back.

Sergey
19-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Stay in A'deen drinking heavily and irresponsibly for over three hours after the game before taking a massive carry-out onto the last train back.

This is the perfect time to savour a fine bottle of 2005 Bordeaux, Bob.

A classy, structured and elegant wine from second growth Château Ducru- Beaucaillou would help wile away the train time.

A truly magnificent nose of cassis and violet precedes a structured palate showing blackcurrant and blackberry fruits, firm tannins, a refreshing acidity and mineral notes. A superb effort by Château Ducru- Beaucaillou in this fantastic vintage.

Dashing Bob S
19-12-2009, 12:19 PM

A classy, structured and elegant wine from second growth Château Ducru- Beaucaillou would help wile away the train time.

A truly magnificent nose of cassis and violet precedes a structured palate showing blackcurrant and blackberry fruits, firm tannins, a refreshing acidity and mineral notes. A superb effort by Château Ducru- Beaucaillou in this fantastic vintage.

The 2005 Bordeaux are pretty excellent, I must concede.

My personal favourite in the vintage is the stunning St Jullien's, which epitomises that breed, displaying both elegance and an extra dash of generosity. A fabulous rich nose leads to a structured palate with a lovely weight of ripe, creamy raspberry and loganberry fruit with liquorice and toast hints. The fruit quality is outstanding, with real energy and freshness, topped off by a long, pure finish.

Doesn't break the bank either, and a perfect Christmas tipple.

clerriehibs
19-12-2009, 07:29 PM

What was the actual story behind this in the end? A Hibs fan out to do some real damage, a Hibs fan just ersing about, or Aberdeen fans ersing about?

greenlex
19-12-2009, 07:31 PM

The 2005 Bordeaux are pretty excellent, I must concede.

My personal favourite in the vintage is the stunning St Jullien's, which epitomises that breed, displaying both elegance and an extra dash of generosity. A fabulous rich nose leads to a structured palate with a lovely weight of ripe, creamy raspberry and loganberry fruit with liquorice and toast hints. The fruit quality is outstanding, with real energy and freshness, topped off by a long, pure finish.

Doesn't break the bank either, and a perfect Christmas tipple.

Aye but out the bottle on a train????????:confused:

Ireallywasthere
19-12-2009, 07:40 PM
the man on the train was having a laugh with a couple of guys he met on the platform at waverley. What happened on the train was one of them lit the front of his fancy dress costume and he slapped out the flame, everyone was having a laugh, then when he turned round the guy put the lighter against the suit again and it burst into flames, there was no malice and no suggestion that it was in any way related to football violence. Daft laddies doing stupid things - it happens !

Joe Baker II
22-12-2009, 08:55 AM
http://www.btp.presscentre.com/Media-Releases/INCREASED-BRITISH-TRANSPORT-POLICE-PRESENCE-FOR-ABERDEEN-v-HIBERNIAN-FIXTURE-cc7.aspx
Inspector Cameron continued:

“British Transport Police and our rail industry partners encourage football supporters to use public transport to travel to matches and although the vast majority of those who do so are a real credit to their club, we will not tolerate any kind of antisocial behaviour."

So this twat Cameron thinks the vast majority will be no problem but thinks it acceptable to penalise everyone (not just football fans on these trains either who might want a drink on a 3 hour journey) rather than identify troublemakers - what an absolute twat and sort of man Scotland would be better with out. How hard would it be to ban carry outs but sell alcohol on train when the antisocial element (you get these on all trains not just football ones) could be refused service.

Incidentally, for future reference can anyone on trains confirm if this was observed rigorously?

BoozyLynne
22-12-2009, 09:57 AM
So this twat Cameron thinks the vast majority will be no problem but thinks it acceptable to penalise everyone (not just football fans on these trains either who might want a drink on a 3 hour journey) rather than identify troublemakers - what an absolute twat and sort of man Scotland would be better with out. How hard would it be to ban carry outs but sell alcohol on train when the antisocial element (you get these on all trains not just football ones) could be refused service.

Incidentally, for future reference can anyone on trains confirm if this was observed rigorously?

There were British Transport Police in our carriage and the next carriage (not sure about the others) from Aberdeen all the way back to Waverley.

Didn't stop some people though...

kennyh
22-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Cops approached us at the station we think to take our booze away, then smiled as we told them we were on the Glasgow train and left us alone.

No ban for the Westies.....

Great journey back.

G G T T H

Nakedmanoncrack
23-12-2009, 01:35 PM
There were British Transport Police in our carriage and the next carriage (not sure about the others) from Aberdeen all the way back to Waverley.

Didn't stop some people though...

Poilis in all carriages and strictly enforcing it, couple of guys pulled up after getting caught.