PDA

View Full Version : Half Time Draw - Ex Players

Hibby70
16-12-2009, 01:21 PM
When was the last time Hibs invited an ex player to do the half time draw in the centre circle?

Who would you like to see back to give a standing ovation to? Franck probably goes without saying but I'd also like to welcome back the likes of Budgie, Keith, Mickey Weir.

Danderhall Hibs
16-12-2009, 01:32 PM
When was the last time Hibs invited an ex player to do the half time draw in the centre circle?

Who would you like to see back to give a standing ovation to? Franck probably goes without saying but I'd also like to welcome back the likes of Budgie, Keith, Mickey Weir.

Didn’t Latapy do one of the draw’s last season? I think John O’Neil done one as well.

It’s not done regularly though.

Part/Time Supporter
16-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Didn’t Latapy do one of the draw’s last season? I think John O’Neil done one as well.

It’s not done regularly though.

The same one, I think.

Mon Dieu4
16-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Thorsten Schmugge or Juha Rippa :agree:

speedy_gonzales
16-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Forget ex-players, get Dougray Scott back for the next derby, he'd be more than welcome to give the South stand a wee wave again!

M8UDB
16-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Wouldnt mind seeing Sproule back, im sure he would get a realy decent standing ovation :not worth:not worth

or Mikey Stewart?????? :duck:

Baw187
16-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Forget ex-players, get Dougray Scott back for the next derby, he'd be more than welcome to give the South stand a wee wave again!

When was he there?

speedy_gonzales
16-12-2009, 05:04 PM
When was he there?
Cannae be exactly sure, was either the 1-0 game where Garry O'Connor mugged Tepi or the game where Fatty Stamp scored a late winner and promptly got sent off for being a fat ginger jambo!
Came on at half time, I think introduced by Grant Stott and he started to wave at the fans in the West(from the centre circle) and spun round waving to the North, East then the South, but perhaps he tired at this point as they didn't get a full wave, just a half hearted effort with two fingers :greengrin
Don't tell me I'm the only one that remembers this?!?

Hibercelona
16-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Brian Kerr done it last time. :agree:

He went unnoticed.

bigstu
16-12-2009, 05:17 PM
We need to do this more often. One thing Hearts have done in the past (no idea about the present) is they've made their club feel like a family for ex players & they've been welcome at every game and many have done the half time draw, even if it does seem to be the same ex players everyweek. They also make a big thing about it, whereas we've done it about once and most people didn't even know it as happening as it hadn't been announced by the dj guy.

we need to invite the likes of Ivan back to make the draw & get an ovation and make Hibs a club that stays in the hearts of ex players so they spread the word to younger players at other clubs about how good it is to be a Hibs player. It also adds to the atmosphere on match day!

if we could get Frank back it would put an extra 1000 on the gate!

:notworthy:

madgoalie87
16-12-2009, 05:50 PM
I can remember the derby when he dne it. I was 'workin' pitchside at the time as a youth player. Id like to see matty jack back to do it.

Onceinawhile
16-12-2009, 06:51 PM
lynden andrews

jabis
16-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Ally Mcleod(sp) :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Sir Albert Kidd.

mcfly
17-12-2009, 01:10 PM
We should be looking up Albert kidd, pay his travel and bring him onto the pitch on the new year derby.

or get as many of the players who played on 1/1/73 and introduce them all onto the pitch.

lets rub the jambos faces in it!!!!