PDA

View Full Version : Nice One Eck

Dashing Bob S
16-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Yes, I know he left us under contentious circumstances (see also Motherwell, Huns, Scotland) but Brum up to 6th now and five straight wins. Nice one.

lapsedhibee
16-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Yes, I know he left us under contentious circumstances (see also Motherwell, Huns, Scotland) but Brum up to 6th now and five straight wins. Nice one.

If this continues it'll be well nigh impossible for Smith not to pick Ferguson for the next Scotland match.

jacomo
16-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Aye, credit due to the GJP! :wink:

Dunbar Hibee
16-12-2009, 03:36 PM
:agree:They are in remarkable form.

New Corrie
16-12-2009, 03:55 PM
With Birmingham being my English team, I have to say I am chuffed with this. He was getting pelters on the BCFC message boards this time last year. Bowyer has been superb and Barry Ferguson is actually looking like a player. Add to that Jerome starting to fulfill his promise (including the goal of the season) things are looking good down St Andrews way. Sadly Murph is long term missing though. With a trip to Goodison at the weekend this great run may well continue!

lucky
16-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Stayed in Brum last night but sadly there was very little interest in BCFC. I was in a bar in Broad street and they had the huns game on

iwasthere1972
16-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Well done Brummie. Like to see any team who have Scottish internationalists playing for them to do well.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Seems i might be the only one who wishes the prick nothing but bad luck and relegation.

iwasthere1972
16-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Seems i might be the only one who wishes the prick nothing but bad luck and relegation.

Now there's a surprise. :dizzy:

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Now there's a surprise. :dizzy:

Can you tell he's not on my xmas card list?:wink:

iwasthere1972
16-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Can you tell he's not on my xmas card list?:wink:

You buy Xmas cards? :faf: :faf:

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2009, 04:54 PM
You buy Xmas cards? :faf: :faf:

Just for my kids, ex wife and of course Hibs spain.:greengrin

hibsbollah
16-12-2009, 05:03 PM

:agree:
...him and every team Lee Bowyer is associated with.

Dunbar Hibee
16-12-2009, 05:24 PM
:agree:
...him and every team Lee Bowyer is associated with.

He may be a prick but Bowyer is a quality player.:agree:

heretoday
16-12-2009, 05:53 PM
McLeish is going the right way about following in Fergie's footsteps at United. I'm sure he'd get a reference from the man himself.

Kevvy1875
16-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Barry backpass(Fudd extrodinaire) is 'apperently' the driving force behind Birmingham and their good form? Not seen any of their games this season and could'nt confirm this myself.

Just what I heard.

Also...Has Garry O been getting much game time?

Forgive my ignorance chaps, dont really bother with the EPL too much......just go to ER on saturdays and thats me more than happy:thumbsup:

rainman
16-12-2009, 08:36 PM
5 wins on the stott? Another sign of McLeish's luck as a manager.

If Jim Duffy was in charge he'd have won every game 7-0.

Ain't that right Chico? :wink:

NOLA
16-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Barry backpass(Fudd extrodinaire) is 'apperently' the driving force behind Birmingham and their good form? Not seen any of their games this season and could'nt confirm this myself.

Just what I heard.

Also...Has Garry O been getting much game time?

Forgive my ignorance chaps, dont really bother with the EPL too much......just go to ER on saturdays and thats me more than happy:thumbsup:

garry O is injured after having a Hip operation i think? also don't think blues have lost since the kitchen sink became chairman, which is handy for eck when he asks for more money in january to really push on.

jabis
16-12-2009, 08:45 PM
As long as they're not at the OF,any ex-Hibbies have my blessing.

Unless it's Miky Stoort :agree:

H18sry
16-12-2009, 09:27 PM
If this continues it'll be well nigh impossible for Smith not to pick Ferguson for the next Scotland match.

Why would Gordon Smith pick the Scotland team :cool2:

I'm_cabbaged
16-12-2009, 10:04 PM

No, you're not the only one. :agree:

Nothing but a chugger.

lapsedhibee
17-12-2009, 02:26 AM
Why would Gordon Smith pick the Scotland team :cool2:

Is Potter confirmed in the Scotland job? Not sure. If so, then I take it back. :wink:

weonlywon6-2
17-12-2009, 08:05 AM
McLeish is going the right way about following in Fergie's footsteps at United. I'm sure he'd get a reference from the man himself.

if he keeps birmingham playing well he may end up at old trafford.

one of the best bosses we have had at easter road in a long time imho

the football was magic

also had rangers and scotland punching above their weight without a doubt.

Twa Cairpets
17-12-2009, 08:13 AM
I was in Birmingham on Tuesday, and went to the Blues game.

Much though it pains me to say it, Ferguson was MOTM by a mile. He was playing in the McBride role, just in front of the defence, being an "out-ball" and making passes. Still a horrible wee fud, of course, but from a football point of view was impressive.

Apart from that, there wasnt much to raise the general nature of the game above Scotland, to be honest. Blackburn were clearly worse than they they were in the pre-season v us, and apart from Ferguson, Bowyer and Carr, Birmingham were nothing great. McFadden flattered to deceive, as did the two strikers (nice second goal though).

oldbutdim
17-12-2009, 10:33 AM

I'm afraid I'm another who would like to see his lies, duplicity, and disgraceful behaviour at Hibs rewarded with nothing but misery.

Judas indeed.

CmoantheHibs
17-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Have nothing personal against Birmingham but can only wish bad luck on them when they have him as boss.Not someone that has many redeeming qualities for me.