PDA

View Full Version : Budgie come home............

green marine
16-12-2009, 09:30 AM
hibs keepers have taken some ammount of stick over the years so it's easy to see why a quality goalie would want to come to hibs these days, we need a character like john burridge between the sticks, not because he was our best ever but because he united players and fans, the thought of him running the length of the terracin after a home win still gives me goosebumps. legend crazy keeper

Phil D. Rolls
16-12-2009, 09:33 AM
hibs keepers have taken some ammount of stick over the years so it's easy to see why a quality goalie would want to come to hibs these days, we need a character like john burridge between the sticks, not because he was our best ever but because he united players and fans, the thought of him running the length of the terracin after a home win still gives me goosebumps. legend crazy keeper

The players loved him. He used to do handstands and stuff in the dressing room before games to wind them up.

Budgie was a bit of a comic book character in the style of Alf Tupper. He used to travel from Workington to ER for training every day by train, and IIRC completed the last part of the journey (Waverley to ER) on a moped supplied by Hibs.

WestEndHibee
16-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Stack appears to be slightly filling in with his on camera naked star jumps and joining the celtic cuddle. Give him a couple of years and he'll be there... Although i don't think there'll be anyone quite like budge

Alan62
16-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Wouldn't it be great if the board invited old Budgie up for a game and brought him out on the park so that we could show our appreciation?

Jonnyboy
16-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Wouldn't it be great if the board invited old Budgie up for a game and brought him out on the park so that we could show our appreciation?

Indeed it would Alan but I think Budgie is coaching in Oman just now (happy to be corrected if I'm wrong) :thumbsup:

archiebald
16-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Then Deano then Morrow then Ivan dont forget big Rob :faf::faf::faf:

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Indeed it would Alan but I think Budgie is coaching in Oman just now (happy to be corrected if I'm wrong) :thumbsup:

Yes i think you are right John. Moray bumped into him at a Bolton game last season, or early this season. And he mentioned something about coaching in the Oman,i think he also mentioned something about being an agent, and one of his keepers was playing that night. Maybe Boltons 2nd choice?:confused: He also said he loved his time at Hibs.:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
16-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Yes i think you are right John. Moray bumped into him at a Bolton game last season, or early this season. And he mentioned something about coaching in the Oman,i think he also mentioned something about being an agent, and one of his keepers was playing that night. Maybe Boltons 2nd choice?:confused: He also said he loved his time at Hibs.:thumbsup:

It was a love in cos the fans loved him and vice versa :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
16-12-2009, 01:29 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1223974/Charles-Sales-Sport-Agenda.html

The football agent at the centre of a BBC Panorama sting for their Premier League bungs documentary is involved in another extraordinary football controversy which is the subject of a Liverpool civil court hearing on November 17.

Peter Harrison, duped by Panorama into believing their planted businessman wanted to buy his football agency, will contest the claim by much-travelled goalkeeper John Burridge that he is owed £50,000 from Bolton's signing of Oman keeper Ali Al Habsi, who played in the club's midweek Carling Cup defeat by Chelsea.

Burridge, now working for a second time as goalkeeping coach to the Oman national team after a playing career with 29 clubs, including 15 English league teams, is pursuing Harrison for the money allegedly owed for his part in Al Habsi's move to Bolton in January 2006.

Burridge, who discovered Al Habsi as a 16-year-old during his first spell in Oman, claims a cheque from Harrison bounced.

Harrison will claim in court that he stopped the money going through because he was advised that Burridge's position as Oman's goalkeeping coach at the time did not make him eligible to receive an agency commission for his recommendation.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Quality quote from the post LC win video. " I have got to go up there and have a crack at playing behind Hunter and McIntyre."

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2009, 01:43 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1223974/Charles-Sales-Sport-Agenda.html

:thumbsup: