PDA

View Full Version : Craig Moore

Captain Trips
16-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Watching Brisbane Roar vs North Queensland, guy saying in commentary that Moore might be looking to come to SPL in January as its WC year. Think he is 34 or so, I would imagine if to come here it would be to one of the teams looking for top 6. I doubt Rangers but you never know.

Just thought worth a mention in case Yogi sees him as addition for 6mths.

Phil D. Rolls
16-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Watching Brisbane Roar vs North Queensland, guy saying in commentary that Moore might be looking to come to SPL in January as its WC year. Think he is 34 or so, I would imagine if to come here it would be to one of the teams looking for top 6. I doubt Rangers but you never know.

What's that Skip? There's an old crock looking for a game down by the billabong? Cripes we better tell the Rangers they've been looking for a guy like that for months. :greengrin

(except in an Aussie accent of course).

GlesgaeHibby
16-12-2009, 09:24 AM

Would be good cover for Bamba being away at African Nations/Away for good.

His experience at CB could be very useful.

Captain Trips
16-12-2009, 09:26 AM
This isnt a greggs or the likes just a comment from the commentators, no club(s) mentioned.

Phil D. Rolls
16-12-2009, 09:27 AM
This isnt a greggs or the likes just a comment from the commentators, no club(s) mentioned.

Is the guy still fit, do you think he could do a job in the SPL?

Captain Trips
16-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Would be good cover for Bamba being away at African Nations/Away for good.

His experience at CB could be very useful.

I think with Bamba away and a lack of solid cover there it would be wrong not to check form and fitness and of course availabilty of player.

He is playing fine so far and is the captain of Brisbane.

ardecos
16-12-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm sitting in a Melbourne hotel watching this game as well (its too hot to go out!). Is the Queensland manager Ian Ferguson the same guy that used to play for the huns? It looks a bit like him.

Captain Trips
16-12-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm sitting in a Melbourne hotel watching this game as well (its too hot to go out!). Is the Queensland manager Ian Ferguson the same guy that used to play for the huns? It looks a bit like him.

Yeah its him

Captain Trips
16-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Ok I have just watched Moore for 90mins and from just stating that he might wish to come to Scotland.

I thought might be worth looking at for cover, I would change that to a first team player, IMO he was clearly best defender on that park, fitness was fine as played the 90, a few things that impressed me

Won every cross just about.

Was in constant contact with keeper as he was young, giving him encoragement and shouts, the commentry team also noted that.

Positiong was also excellent, he was up against Robbie Fowler whom he owned, Fowler is no worse than most SPL strikers outwith OF and us of course, Moore looked like he can easily step up.

I think I know if a player is good enough to play here and Moore looked like the player that could shore us up further and give us great experiance, I would urge Hughes to see how much Brisbane want and what Moore wants.

I would take him in a flash

basehibby
16-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Moore was a terrific player at centre half for the huns - uncompromising and vastly experienced, as long as he's still got the legs, I would take him in the proverbial heartbeat.

lyonhibs
16-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Dirty Hun hatchetman.

Would still take him, mind you.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2009, 02:08 PM
A sneaky bid for the yams centre half Bouzid could work wonders for us while Bamba is away.

Captain Trips
16-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Moore was a terrific player at centre half for the huns - uncompromising and vastly experienced, as long as he's still got the legs, I would take him in the proverbial heartbeat.

He looked very fit and more than able. I agree from my original post to actually watching him he is somebody who would improve things at ER.

ancient hibee
16-12-2009, 04:22 PM
It's too early in the day for jokes.

Still I hope he got over his cancer op.

CropleyWasGod
16-12-2009, 04:25 PM
A sneaky bid for the yams centre half Bouzid could work wonders for us while Bamba is away.

It's late in the day, so forgive me if I'm missing something here lol.

Isn't Bouzid at the CAF as well?

Isn't he crap?

Is this irony?

All of the above?

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2009, 04:31 PM
It's late in the day, so forgive me if I'm missing something here lol.

Isn't Bouzid at the CAF as well?

Isn't he crap?

Is this irony?

All of the above?

If we get him in, any money we'd put aside, could go towards tempting Bob Malcolm back from Australia. We'd then have a squad capable of challenging for the championship/

ancient hibee
16-12-2009, 04:36 PM
If we get him in, any money we'd put aside, could go towards tempting Bob Malcolm back from Australia. We'd then have a squad capable of challenging for the championship/
Perhaps Bob Malcolm could provide competition for Liam Miller.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Perhaps Bob Malcolm could provide competition for Liam Miller.

:agree: And he can fill in at the back too.

ancient hibee
16-12-2009, 04:46 PM
:agree: And he can fill in at the back too.
Wonder what Andy Goram's doing?

The Green Goblin
17-12-2009, 12:46 AM
I dunno. He would be a bit too light-hearted for such a serious role. Raising a suggestive eyebrow and making weak quips might have passed for central defending in his heyday but we need something a bit tougher, and anyways, compared to Connery, he was always second best. :greengrin

GG

Steve-O
17-12-2009, 05:16 AM
Moore is still a decent player to be fair.

Can't see what's so laughable about him signing for a 6 month loan (for example) when we could do with a defender.

Forza Fred
17-12-2009, 06:29 AM
Moore will bE going to South Africa for eth World Cup finals and needs to play for the time leaading up them to retain match fitness.

Asia would probably be his first choice as it is not so far away from OZ, but he would quite happily play in the SPL.

Its not about money, adn h ewould be an ideal, expereinced replacement for Bamba when he is away in January, adn may for all we know return injured.

Seems like agood short term deal to me..one world cup bound finals centre half deputising for another.

And Hibs already know about Moore's intentions

SauzeeJ'adore4
17-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Craig Moore is easily SPL standard still. He breezes through games here and is able to raise his game enough to play for Australia who are much higher than Scotland in the world rankings. He would be perfect for Hibs as cover for Bamba till the Summer.
Yogi, get on the phone...........its a no brainer

Captain Trips
17-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Craig Moore is easily SPL standard still. He breezes through games here and is able to raise his game enough to play for Australia who are much higher than Scotland in the world rankings. He would be perfect for Hibs as cover for Bamba till the Summer.
Yogi, get on the phone...........its a no brainer

Watched him in game other day and owned Robbie Fowler, looks the part and might well be available.

Mon Dieu4
17-12-2009, 11:48 AM
For me it depends on the money involved, I think I'd rather see Hanlon or McCormack get a game at their preferred position or move Murray into the middle

Aubenas
17-12-2009, 11:51 AM
What's that Skip? There's an old crock looking for a game down by the billabong? Cripes we better tell the Rangers they've been looking for a guy like that for months.

tut-tut-tut-tut-tut-tut-tut :wink:

fiolex1
17-12-2009, 06:10 PM
I have it on good authority that he’ll sign for Hearts and play up front along side Nade