PDA

View Full Version : Huns reach their level

EasterRoad4Ever
15-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Watching the Famous Glasgow Rangers tonight, its clear that they have at last found their footballing level. In Europe they were pretty well thrashed by all the teams they met. A poor team of huff and puffers cherry picked from the best of the SPL. Yet against DUFC tonight, they play as if their lives depend on it and their so called stars give the impression of being world-beaters.

The Huns = Slightly bigger fish in a very small pond.

stubru59
15-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Watching the Famous Glasgow Rangers tonight, its clear that they have at last found their footballing level. In Europe they were pretty well thrashed by all the teams they met. A poor team of huff and puffers cherry picked from the best of the SPL. Yet against DUFC tonight, they play as if their lives depend on it and their so called stars give the impression of being world-beaters.

The Huns = Slightly bigger fish in a very small pond.

Quite a few of them are playing for their next contract - away from Ibrox.

jacomo
15-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Levein has apologised to the supporters, because Dundee Utd didn't turn up tonight.

Rangers have had an easy win, but let's keep things in perspective.

monktonharp
16-12-2009, 01:05 AM
Levein has apologised to the supporters, because Dundee Utd didn't turn up tonight.

Rangers have had an easy win, but let's keep things in perspective.what's your perspective ? are they very catchable? by all acounts they were in total control,start tae finish. I did not watch it,but expected DU tae turn up for a home game.:bitchy:although the huns have several players that can punish you,if they are allowed space.

Steve20
16-12-2009, 06:01 AM
Rangers did play very well, but Dundee Utd were dreadful.

PISTOL1875
16-12-2009, 06:13 AM
what's your perspective ? are they very catchable? by all acounts they were in total control,start tae finish. I did not watch it,but expected DU tae turn up for a home game.:bitchy:although the huns have several players that can punish you,if they are allowed space.

This is what Kevin Thomosn was getting at when he said that it would be 20-25 points differance at the end of the season.. The game was a great chance for Dundee United but they couldn't deliver.. Rangers needed a performance and a result and they got both when it mattered... Consistency is the name of the game....

PeeKay
16-12-2009, 07:06 AM
DU were poor last night, but don't forget their "player of the month" sat this one out because his current club happened to be playing his real employers. It was hilarious listening to his punditry on Sportsound - trying so hard not to upset either group of supporters.

I really do hope Hibs do not go down this player-loan path, and certainly not with players from other SPL sides.

Keith_M
16-12-2009, 11:11 AM
I think there are a number of factors in this. Rangers seemed to actually have a decent performance, as they did in their last game at Ibrox. DU didn't play particularly well. I don't think this one game is a sign of how much better Rangers are than DU.

Even though they screwed up in Europe, they still have a squad of reasonably good quality players. All this talk of Rangers are now rubbish, etc, has been totally overdone. Sure, they may not be anything like as good as the 9-in-a-row team but the squad still took millions to assemble.

I've got a feeling that some people almost revel in Scotland being a small country with a poor league and love to take every opportunity to point that out.

jacomo
16-12-2009, 11:15 AM
what's your perspective ? are they very catchable? by all acounts they were in total control,start tae finish. I did not watch it,but expected DU tae turn up for a home game.:bitchy:although the huns have several players that can punish you,if they are allowed space.

I really don't think Rangers are all that - which is why Levein was so disappointed last night. They can be beaten, but it requires us, the Arabs and Aberdeen to put them under pressure.

I think that Hibs have earnt some of the warm words that have been said about us, but that's all. We are far too early in the season to be talking about a challenge. If we get to March and we are within 5 points of the top, then we can start talking.

Yogi reckons there's more to come from his team, and I agree. We are a side that is developing under a new manager. But with Zemmama and Bamba likely to move on in the summer, I would love our players to realise the opportunity we have, and bust a gut to keep us in contention.

big-mo
16-12-2009, 11:23 AM
The Gers next four games are against the Well, us, Utd again and then the Tic, if they come out of that with 12 points then they are the real deal in the SPL but I think less that 7pts would be seen as a failure.

CB_NO3
16-12-2009, 11:27 AM
The Gers next four games are against the Well, us, Utd again and then the Tic, if they come out of that with 12 points then they are the real deal in the SPL but I think less that 7pts would be seen as a failure.
I really hope we beat Rangers just so they dont get to far away. I dont think we will win the league or come second for that matter but I just dont want them to finish 20 points ahead of the rest. I would like to see the gap narrow a bit.

Love the Green
16-12-2009, 02:38 PM

Rangers have had an easy win, but let's keep things in perspective.

The huns won easy but all this media crap where they say they have no money to bring in players etc..for christ sake they had 5 Internationals either on the bench or not stripped..Whitaker,naismith.laugherty.tomshun and mcgregor add the that the super wonderkid wilson ..yet they still moan about not being able to add to the squad.

"keep the faith":wink:

ancient hibee
16-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Rangers will get a minimum of £10M from this season's CL.

I also think they will win the SPL as they are far superior to Celtic in the positions that really matter(goalie,central defence and main striker).

lucky
16-12-2009, 05:07 PM
it showed the problem Hibs will have to try and break the Of monopoly. They had over £10 million worth players on the bench.

They brought on Rafferty --£4m and the others smellies brought on Fortune in their last game £4.5m.

It is a really tough ask to get close to them but in Yogi we trust