PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Tuesday's games

Alex Trager
15-12-2009, 07:14 PM
This is very petty but if any you are watching th DU game der hun have had two corners and he has put it out of the corner box twice. pathetic but they would pick up on it

'Mon the Hibs
15-12-2009, 07:44 PM
In case no one has noticed.....

DU 0 - 1 Huns.... HT....so we're still sitting 3rd :wink::greengrin
Man U 1 - 0 Wolves :thumbsup:

GraniteCityHibs
15-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Hadn't really noticed it!

Watch the next time Deek takes a corner, he ALWAYS places it just outside the quadrant (i love that word!).

I remember chuckling at ER last season vs Hertz, Nade got so pi**ed off every time and kept pointing it out to the ref, who really couldn't care less. My missus then went on to point it out every time he did it and was laughing at Deek (she loves his swagger!)

Sylar
15-12-2009, 07:48 PM
For anyone like me (and I assume that will now be a few) who are supporting the US in the World Cup, it's encouraging to see how bloody well DaMarcus Beasely is playing just now. Absolute wonder goal to put Rangers 0-1 up.

GlesgaeHibby
15-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Those Rangers fans attending the match tonight are scabs. They are putting self interest before the greater good and allowing clubs like Dundee United to shaft our support. They should hang their heads in shame. I've not missed a game home or away for 4 years but I'm not there tonight."

:thumbsup:

stubru59
15-12-2009, 07:54 PM
In case no one has noticed.....

DU 0 - 1 Huns.... HT....so we're still sitting 3rd :wink::greengrin
Man U 1 - 0 Wolves :thumbsup:

Yes, but Rangers are now 5 points ahead of us. Why lower our aspiration level?

Sylar
15-12-2009, 07:56 PM

Because we play them in a couple of weeks at ER and will cut it back to 2 points? I'm also fairly confident they're going to drop more points over Christmas with their schedule!

bingo70
15-12-2009, 07:56 PM

Because 3rd is a far more realistic expectation IMO

'Mon the Hibs
15-12-2009, 07:57 PM

And there is still 40 mins to go :wink:

iwasthere1972
15-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Novo shot :faf:

PISTOL1875
15-12-2009, 08:05 PM
2-0 Miller.. Game Over....

Jim44
15-12-2009, 08:05 PM
C'mon Rangers..................I'd rather have to be chasing Rangers for second rather than Utd. for third.

PISTOL1875
15-12-2009, 08:07 PM
C'mon Rangers..................I'd rather have to be chasing Rangers for second rather than Utd. for third.

I'd rather be chasing as well so you would really want United to win then eh ?? We would go down a place but we'd be no further away from second....

hibsbollah
15-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Im surprised...I thought the arabs would be up for this one.

PISTOL1875
15-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Im surprised...I thought the arabs would be up for this one.

They have been quite pish haven't they ??.. Rangers have been the better team...

Jim44
15-12-2009, 08:12 PM
I'd rather be chasing as well so you would really want United to win then eh ?? We would go down a place but we'd be no further away from second....

No. I'd rather be chasing Rangers for second with Utd behind us, albeit from a distance, rather than chase Utd for third................don't put words in my mouth please.:greengrin

bingo70
15-12-2009, 08:13 PM
They have been quite pish haven't they ??.. Rangers have been the better team...

Think its a combination of rangers being better than they're given credit for and Utd being over rated.

Can't believe the manager of this Utd team is the favourite to get the scotland job.

iwasthere1972
15-12-2009, 08:21 PM
3-0 Game over.

Dunbar Hibee
15-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Utd have been pish.

IWasThere2016
15-12-2009, 08:22 PM

Arabs are pants without Webster. They'd be 6+ points worse aff without him IMHO

Westie1875
15-12-2009, 08:23 PM
We'll just have to beat these huns when we play them at ER, bring it on I say! :notworthy:

Judas Iscariot
15-12-2009, 08:23 PM
How bad are Harry Potters little wizards :faf:

If that's our conpetetion for 3rd spot we should have NO worries :wink:

stubru59
15-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Because 3rd is a far more realistic expectation IMO

True, but can't we live the dream, if only for a little longer.

Hibbyradge
15-12-2009, 08:26 PM
In fact, the ball isn't out of the corner box. Law 9. (http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lawsofthegameen.pdf)

Even if there is no leather touching the line, the ball is not deemed to have crossed it unless there is an actual gap between the ball and the line when viewed from directly above.

That's the best way I can explain it.

'Mon the Hibs
15-12-2009, 08:29 PM
In fact, the ball isn't out of the corner box. Law 9. (http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lawsofthegameen.pdf)

Even if there is no leather touching the line, the ball is not deemed to have crossed it unless there is an actual gap between the ball and the line when viewed from directly above.

That's the best way I can explain it.

The subject of many a debate during 5-a-side games where 'was the ball inside or outside the box' usually detremines the outcome of the game. THe whole ball has to cross the line :agree::greengrin

LamontHFC©
15-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Birmingham up to 6th. :dizzy:

Anyone see Benitez' miss at the end??

And the 'clearance' off the line from Larsson? Just smacks him in the puss. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
15-12-2009, 09:11 PM
We'll just have to beat these huns when we play them at ER, bring it on I say! :notworthy:

:agree:

Bring it on.

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Birmingham up to 6th. :dizzy:

Anyone see Benitez' miss at the end??

And the 'clearance' off the line from Larsson? Just smacks him in the puss. :greengrin

Great finish to the match, how Benitez missed I don't know.

Great save by Robinson at the end as well - he should be a certainty for the England world Cup squad. Him and Joe Hart are both excellent keepers.

Sir David Gray
15-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Would have preferred a draw but a Rangers win was the next best outcome for us.

Dundee Utd were absolutely awful tonight, really surprised by how bad they were, it could easily have been a lot worse for them.

On the other side of the border, that's Man Utd level on points with Chelsea after winning 3-0 tonight against Wolves. :thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
15-12-2009, 09:20 PM

Defo.. They are rank rotten without him...

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 09:22 PM

I've not seen enough of them this season so couldn't comment on the number of points he's saved them but I've got to agree - when you've got to play Dods/Kenneth/Wilkie as his replacement you're going to be worse off.

Jim44
15-12-2009, 09:25 PM
I've not seen enough of them this season so couldn't comment on the number of points he's saved them but I've got to agree - when you've got to play Dods/Kenneth/Wilkie as his replacement you're going to be worse off.

I hope we don't have similar problems when we lose Bamba for a month.

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 09:30 PM
I hope we don't have similar problems when we lose Bamba for a month.

:agree: Definitely need to get another centre-half in.

joe breezy
15-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Normal service resumed for the diddy teams.
3rd is the best we'll get even with gash **** firm.

Sad but true

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
15-12-2009, 09:58 PM
I doubt that 0-3 hunnery drubbing will have done Levein's Scotland chances a lot of good.

mjhibby
16-12-2009, 09:19 AM
I really dont get this despondancy that we will only get third at best this season.We finished 6th last year and if anybody had told me after 15 games we would be 5 points off the top,2 ahead of the 4th placed team(and a goal difference better to the tune of 6)9 ahead of 5th,11 ahead of the dons and a whopping 15 ahead of 7th i wouldnt have been absolutely delighted with our season.Ee have only lost 10 goals yet some people slate maka for losing a goal that was clearly a foul when he had in fact a very good game.we should ignore the hype of the so called title race and concentrate on ourselves.We drew at killie yet so did rangers but nothing said but that we dropped two points.
We are having a very good season and as yogi says one game at a time.The dons game is a tricky one,as it always is,but if we do draw its not two points dropped by 1 point gained from a draw.Lets give yogi and the team credit for a cracking start to the season and after all surely europe was the target at the start of the season.

'Mon the Hibs
16-12-2009, 09:27 AM
I really dont get this despondancy that we will only get third at best this season.We finished 6th last year and if anybody had told me after 15 games we would be 5 points off the top,2 ahead of the 4th placed team(and a goal difference better to the tune of 6)9 ahead of 5th,11 ahead of the dons and a whopping 15 ahead of 7th i wouldnt have been absolutely delighted with our season.Ee have only lost 10 goals yet some people slate maka for losing a goal that was clearly a foul when he had in fact a very good game.we should ignore the hype of the so called title race and concentrate on ourselves.We drew at killie yet so did rangers but nothing said but that we dropped two points.
We are having a very good season and as yogi says one game at a time.The dons game is a tricky one,as it always is,but if we do draw its not two points dropped by 1 point gained from a draw.Lets give yogi and the team credit for a cracking start to the season and after all surely europe was the target at the start of the season.

:top marks I agree with what you say....

BUT.... with the league being such a poor standard right now and the OF there for the taking, now is the best chance in 20 years of doing something.

mjhibby
16-12-2009, 10:03 AM
:top marks I agree with what you say....

BUT.... with the league being such a poor standard right now and the OF there for the taking, now is the best chance in 20 years of doing something.

The standards may be declining but the old firm still have far better squads than we have.The likes of mendez was missing from rangers last night along with mcgregor and brown etc have been missing from celtic.If we had the team from early 2000 with sauzee latapy etc i would have expected a big challenge but we dont have the strength in depth and if we lost say deek and liam miller for a few weeks we would really struggle.Also remember there is a big turnaround in players since last season and weve only played 15 games.
Id love to think we could challenge the top two but more realistically 3rd or 4th is our target.Utd over the last few years seem to hit a bad patch and drop away for a while so hopefully this is the start of it happening to them.We have 4 tough games coming up and 7/8 points would be a very good haul to get meaning we would be on 36/37 points at the halfway stage of the season which would have been dreamland at the start of the season.