PDA

View Full Version : Maka's fault or foul (Killie game)

KiddA
15-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Simple one here guys, foul or another mistake from Maka

blackpoolhibs
15-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Foul.

Hibs90
15-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Foul

Baldy Foghorn

Pathetic......

Billy
Definate foul. You just have to look at the run of Ford(?) He looks at Maka when he makes the run and clearly takes him out.

ancient hibee
15-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Foul but still his fault-he's a big boy.

Aldo
15-12-2009, 04:06 PM
FFS the guy is 6ft 7 and therefore should catch everything that comes into the box.

He is probably nearly 7ft when he jumps. No excuses...his ball end of. We got away with one earlier.

Steve20
15-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Do we need to go through all this again?

It is clear to everyone that it is a foul.

KiddA
15-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Pathetic......

Don't start the insults mate I am entitled to post what I want on here and if you can't deal with it don't post.

Broken Gnome
15-12-2009, 04:15 PM
As valid as a poll is, there's 17 pages of largely nonsense elsewhere and this will go pretty much the same way...

PeeJay
NOT A FOUL because the referee did not give a foul and that's all that counts - anyone care to dispute that?
So it's Makka's fault - simple really! :bye:

Baldy Foghorn
Don't start the insults mate I am entitled to post what I want on here and if you can't deal with it don't post.

It was covered to death on an alternative thread, so why the need to start a new thread...........

PS, as you don't know me, and I don't know you, please refrain from calling me mate.....

Bristolhibby
15-12-2009, 04:20 PM

FFS the guy is 6ft 7 and therefore should catch everything that comes into the box.

He is probably nearly 7ft when he jumps. No excuses...his ball end of. We got away with one earlier.

Was a foul, but in my opinion Maka should be steam-rolling anyone in his way. Jump with your knees up, hurt a few strikers, that way none of them would go near him.

J

jgl07
15-12-2009, 04:20 PM
It certainly looked a foul to me although I can see why it was not given.

However Ma-Kalambe does tend to be pushed about rather easily and sometimes seems more intent on claiming a foul than clearing the ball.

That is his main weakness as far as I am concerned.

rainman
15-12-2009, 04:22 PM

Surely the only relevance of his height is that he can reach the ball?

He did reach the ball, had it in his hands and then was knocked by Ford and dropped it.

I've seen keepers get bigger knocks and hold onto the ball but a foul is a foul.

Ell_Chrisso
15-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Was a foul.
On Ford ..
Should have been a pen :wink::agree:

BigKev
15-12-2009, 04:50 PM

Where's the both option...

Everything which gets said in here will be a repeat of the epic 18 pager already on the go :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Where's the both option...

Everything which gets said in here will be a repeat of the epic 18 pager already on the go :agree:

:agree: Overkill.

_hucks_
15-12-2009, 05:01 PM
NOT A FOUL because the referee did not give a foul and that's all that counts - anyone care to dispute that?

I care to dispute your logic that suggest players are responsible for refereeing mistakes. It suggests that, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0YiuSbBdaQ), was the fault of the defense for not keeping it out the net.

Arch Stanton
15-12-2009, 05:32 PM

That logic now leaves me wonderring whether M Stewart was red carded or not - what would you reckon?

As regards the "foul" it is obvious that Maka dropped the ball in the course of falling to the ground, and as such it is difficult to see how exactly he was at fault. That remains true even if the ref deemed the contact to be legal.

Kevvy1875
15-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Foul IMO. Whichever way it is seen dosnt make a difference now tho'

On another note.....right friendly bunch on here eh?:dummytit:

--------
15-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Pathetic......

:agree: Here we go, AGAIN...... :rolleyes:

Foul IMO. Whichever way it is seen dosnt make a difference now tho'

On another note.....right friendly bunch on here eh?:dummytit:

Some of us just can't leave this subject alone - constantly picking away at it.

I don't know why ANYONE would want to play in goal for Hibs - it must be the most thankless job in football.

Like the man says - PATHETIC! :bitchy:

RIP
15-12-2009, 05:50 PM

FFS the guy is 6ft 7 and therefore should catch everything that comes into the box. He is probably nearly 7ft when he jumps. No excuses...his ball end of. We got away with one earlier.

It certainly looked a foul to me although I can see why it was not given. However Ma-Kalambe does tend to be pushed about rather easily and sometimes seems more intent on claiming a foul than clearing the ball. That is his main weakness as far as I am concerned.

Surely the only relevance of his height is that he can reach the ball? He did reach the ball, had it in his hands and then was knocked by Ford and dropped it. I've seen keepers get bigger knocks and hold onto the ball but a foul is a foul.

Factually incorrect. Having watched it through several times on the slo mo

Ford runs straight at Maka - ignoring the ball
Kyle also ignores the ball and stoops down under Hogg in Maka's landing position
Ford hooks his left arm into Maka's left arm
Ford pushes Maka in the chest with his right arm
Maka collides with Hogg who has been pushed forward by Kyle's stooping lunge
Maka has no landing area so falls backwards onto his backside

It was a well-rehearsed training ground manouvre by the two Killie cheats and their fat Jambo B of a manager :grr:

--------
15-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Factually incorrect. Having watched it through several times on the slo mo

Ford runs straight at Maka - ignoring the ball
Kyle also ignores the ball and stoops down under Hogg in Maka's landing position
Ford hooks his left arm into Maka's left arm
Ford pushes Maka in the chest with his right arm
Maka collides with Hogg who has been pushed forward by Kyle's stooping lunge
Maka has no landing area so falls backwards onto his backside

It was a well-rehearsed training ground manouvre by the two Killie cheats and their fat Jambo B of a manager :grr:

Exactly. :top marks

thedoc_l
15-12-2009, 05:53 PM
both:rolleyes:

sambajustice
15-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Maka is 6'6, (even taller?) an absolute beast of man, he should be taking bodies out left right and centre in that box. Folk should be scared to go near him.

Seen it on TV and for me, its his fault!

Prof. Shaggy
15-12-2009, 06:06 PM

It's a foul no question. If a player runs into an opponent who is off the ground anywhere on the field of play he is committing an offence an a free kick may be awarded to the opposing team. The fact that the referee either missed it or didn't care to award the free kick is neither here nor there. Just because you want to be pedantic does not mean no-one's allowed to dispute it. I care.

KiddA
15-12-2009, 06:26 PM
It was covered to death on an alternative thread, so why the need to start a new thread...........

PS, as you don't know me, and I don't know you, please refrain from calling me mate.....

Not a problem PAL :dummytit:

PeeJay
15-12-2009, 07:03 PM
It's a foul no question:confused:. If a player runs into an opponent who is off the ground anywhere on the field of play he is committing an offence an a free kick may be awarded to the opposing team. The fact that the referee either missed it or didn't care to award the free kick is neither here nor there:confused:. Just because you want to be pedantic does not mean no-one's allowed to dispute it. I care.

It doesn't really matter what any of us say: the referee's decision is final :agree: - EOS, nothing to do with me guys or my logic or lack of it! So it's not a foul. And, in keeping with the OP, if it's not a foul, ergo - it must be Makka's fault -:wink:
Lighten up guys, this debate has run it's course, surely, why bother to go round again! I'm off for a beer.

Arch Stanton
15-12-2009, 07:06 PM

I don't see why I should be denied the privilege of expressing an opinion just because I waited to watch the video highlights before commenting.

And since most of the other thread was based on what the radio commentary said I don't see why I should have to plough through reading it all, far less adding my comments to it - in truth, I read the first page and gave up.

Arch Stanton
15-12-2009, 07:09 PM
It doesn't really matter what any of us say: the referee's decision is final :agree: - EOS, nothing to do with me guys or my logic or lack of it! So it's not a foul. And, in keeping with the OP, if it's not a foul, ergo - it must be Makka's fault -:wink:
Lighten up guys, this debate has run it's course, surely, why bother to go round again! I'm off for a beer.

Nah - maybe you could try reposting with it ALL in BOLD CAPS and see if it comes over any better - I suspect not though.

Littlest Hobo
15-12-2009, 07:11 PM
He dropped the ball three times at rugby park, they couldn't all be fouls!:rolleyes:

Littlest Hobo
15-12-2009, 07:15 PM

:greengrin:top marks

Littlest Hobo
15-12-2009, 07:17 PM

I applaud you being loyal to Maka but i fear it's misplaced wee man! I've lost count of the number of threads that have been taken up by this clown we have for a goalie, it tells it's own story!

Captain Trips
15-12-2009, 07:28 PM
in isolation on maka, this was a foul and not his fault, we can discuss all the other errors he has made all night. Yeah he is not my favourite keeper but on this occasion its not down to him they scored.

KiddA
15-12-2009, 07:40 PM
I applaud you being loyal to Maka but i fear it's misplaced wee man! I've lost count of the number of threads that have been taken up by this clown we have for a goalie, it tells it's own story!

I know, there has been a lot of threads. I was just interested to see how many thought it was a foul. My old man thinks it was a foul but he still should have caught it and I agree with him and the fact that Maka is built like a brick ****house too he really should have caught it either way. It is good comedy value though with Delaconfused spitting his dummy out :wink:

Monktonhall 7
15-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Just watched it on Sportscene highlights show. It was a foul! Nevin could not believe it wasn't given as a foul, and it cost us 2 points. Imagine if one of the infirm had been denied a win because of a clear foul on their keeper. Chaos!

I honestly wish the Referees would go on strike.:wink:

Hibby 2005
15-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Yes, it was a foul. Yes, Maka should still hold on to the ball. Yes, Stack is the more dependable goalkeeper.

Prof. Shaggy
15-12-2009, 08:02 PM

Players commit fouls. Referees award free-kicks.

Don't try to out-pedant me!

Captain Trips
15-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Maka should hold on to the ball as much as a striker should stay on feet when barged, why should he hold onto ball? I cannot blame him at all for dropping ball after that. His size is irrelevant when somebody of a similiar size hits him.

Judas Iscariot
15-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Where's the BOTH option?

Hibs Spain
15-12-2009, 09:21 PM
So it's Makka's fault - simple really! :bye:Kilmarnock's Ford/Forde pulls a gun out as he jumps straight into Maka during the incident,knocks Maka off the ball.Ref doesn't give a foul.Does that mean it wasn't a foul?The Kilmarnock player then shoots and kills Maka in front of 5,000 spectators.The police don't charge the Kilmarnock player.Does that mean it wasn't murder?

Judas Iscariot
15-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Kilmarnock's Ford/Forde pulls a gun out as he jumps straight into Maka during the incident,knocks Maka off the ball.Ref doesn't give a foul.Does that mean it wasn't a foul?The Kilmarnock player then shoots and kills Maka in front of 5,000 spectators.The police don't charge the Kilmarnock player.Does that mean it wasn't murder?

HibsS Pain actually makes ONE post where he doesn't slaver a load of gash..

Does that mean he isn't a Joey after all?

:cool2:

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Kilmarnock's Ford/Forde pulls a gun out as he jumps straight into Maka during the incident,knocks Maka off the ball.Ref doesn't give a foul.Does that mean it wasn't a foul?The Kilmarnock player then shoots and kills Maka in front of 5,000 spectators.The police don't charge the Kilmarnock player.Does that mean it wasn't murder?

With 5000 witnesses I'd expect him to be done for murder. :agree: If not I'd blame the Scottish media pundits/journalists for whipping up the levels of hatred against the keeper to such a degree that an opposition player felt compelled to committ such a crime.

BTW maybe Maka saw Ford had a weapon and that's why he panicked?

Hibs Spain
15-12-2009, 09:39 PM
With 5000 witnesses I'd expect him to be done for murder. :agree: If not I'd blame the Scottish media pundits/journalists for whipping up the levels of hatred against the keeper to such a degree that an opposition player felt compelled to committ such a crime.

BTW maybe Maka saw Ford had a weapon and that's why he panicked?So the Scottish media would have been proportionately responsible for the "no foul" and "no murder"decisions?

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 09:40 PM
So the Scottish media would have been proportionately responsible for the "no foul" and "no murder"decisions?

:agree: Accessories.

Baldy Foghorn
15-12-2009, 09:42 PM

very patronising:grr::grr:

Hibs Spain
15-12-2009, 09:47 PM
:agree: Accessories.Accessories?

Beefster
15-12-2009, 09:49 PM

I didn't want to get dragged into another debate where folk have made up their mind about a player and are blind to everything else but these arguments are nonsense.

Riordan storms into the box and is just about to pull the trigger when the big CB storms over, tackles, misses and takes Riordan's legs from under him. Referee waves play on despite the majority accepting it was a stonewall penalty.

Using the 'it was a foul but the player's still at fault' or 'it is not a foul until the whistle goes so the player should have just got on with it' logic, Riordan's at fault for not scoring.

Apologies if this point has already been made since the weekend but I can't be arsed wading through multiple pages of 'aye, it wiz', 'naw, it wiznae' to check.

mim
15-12-2009, 09:50 PM
49years a Hibee has it spot on.

Maka didn't drop the ball because Ford barged into him. He dropped it because Ford grabbed his arm.

I also agree that it was probably pre-planned. In any case, a clear foul and no blame on the keeper.

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Accessories?

As in "accessory to murder".

Apologies if my legal terminology isn't quite up to the .net standard.

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Riordan storms into the box and is just about to pull the trigger when the big CB storms over, tackles, misses and takes Riordan's legs from under him. Referee waves play on despite the majority accepting it was a stonewall penalty.

Using the 'it was a foul but the player's still at fault' or 'it is not a foul until the whistle goes so the player should have just got on with it' logic, Riordan's at fault for not scoring.

Decent analogy but I would add that after the boy's hacked him down (or "touched" him as a foul is now known) Riordan still has the ball at his feet and is facing an open goal - and he misses.

He would be to blame in that situation IMO.

Hibs Spain
15-12-2009, 10:02 PM
As in "accessory to murder".

Apologies if my legal terminology isn't quite up to the .net standard.So Ford wouldn't have murdered Maka if he'd shot and killed him in front of 5,000 people as long as PC Plod standing ten yards away from the incident decided that nothing untoward had happened?

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 10:06 PM
So Ford wouldn't have murdered Maka if he'd shot and killed him in front of 5,000 people as long as PC Plod standing ten yards away from the incident decided that nothing untoward had happened?

Not sure how this would be seen in the eyes of the law but if it wasn't going to court, wouldn't Ford be innocent under the "innocent until proven guilty" rule. :dunno:

I bet the papers, radio and TV would say it was Maka's fault - you know what they're like. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
15-12-2009, 10:07 PM
49years a Hibee has it spot on.

Maka didn't drop the ball because Ford barged into him. He dropped it because Ford grabbed his arm.

I also agree that it was probably pre-planned. In any case, a clear foul and no blame on the keeper.

:agree:

Arch Stanton
15-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Decent analogy but I would add that after the boy's hacked him down (or "touched" him as a foul is now known) Riordan still has the ball at his feet and is facing an open goal - and he misses.

He would be to blame in that situation IMO.

I must be missing something. Since I've never seen a 'Riordans to blame" thread, does that mean that he has never missed a scoring opportunity?

It just isn't how I remember it somehow.

Hibs Spain
15-12-2009, 10:12 PM
So Ford wouldn't have murdered Maka if he'd shot and killed him in front of 5,000 people as long as PC Plod standing ten yards away from the incident decided that nothing untoward had happened?Or the the bullet only just brushed past his arm but unfortunately enough to have killed him...:faf::faf:

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 10:13 PM
I must be missing something. Since I've never seen a 'Riordans to blame" thread, does that mean that he has never missed a scoring opportunity?

It just isn't how I remember it somehow.

I think goalkeeper's errors are always more likely to be highlighted than a striker missing an open goal. On Sunday Andy Gray was looking over Cech's mistakes but didn't go into Drogba and Anelka's chances. The only time a striker's mistakes are shown over and over is when they miss an open goal.

It's just the way it goes.

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Or the the bullet only just brushed past his arm but unfortunately enough to have killed him...:faf::faf:

:hilarious

Arch Stanton
15-12-2009, 10:16 PM
I think goalkeeper's errors are always more likely to be highlighted than a striker missing an open goal. On Sunday Andy Gray was looking over Cech's mistakes but didn't go into Drogba and Anelka's chances. The only time a striker's mistakes are shown over and over is when they miss an open goal.

It's just the way it goes.

Cech makes mistakes?

Like when he is filling in his tax return and somesuch?

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Cech makes mistakes?

Like when he is filling in his tax return and somesuch?

Nah, he'll have someone to do that for him IMO. Probably his employer or PA.

Arch Stanton
15-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Nah, he'll have someone to do that for him IMO. Probably his employer or PA.

Wow, thats a relief. For a moment I thought he might have let a goal be scored against him.

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Wow, thats a relief. For a moment I thought he might have let a goal be scored against him.

You were right to think that - more than 1 BTW. I don't think you're following this? :dunno:

Arch Stanton
15-12-2009, 10:26 PM
You were right to think that - more than 1 BTW. I don't think you're following this? :dunno:

Probably not, but don't sweat it.

It's never easy to win an argument with someone who shares your opinion - believe me.

J-C
15-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Jesus, after having tv evidence clear his name we now have a bloody poll asking if he was at fault or not.

Is this thread really necessary, or is it just to appease the Maka haters ( they and we know who you are ).

I can't believe 48 netters actually thought Maka was at fault even when there is tv footage showing a clear foul, some people on here are as thick as pig **** and as stubborn as mules in their hatred of one of our players.

NGH
15-12-2009, 10:52 PM
It really should have been a foul.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
15-12-2009, 11:06 PM
He's still a naive keeper, but if he cut out the howlers he'd be a top guy. Mind you so would Zibi, Brown, McNeil...:confused:

ps
How much is big money Szamo on at Polish outfit Jagiellonia Białystok? A fistful of Zloti!?

KiddA
15-12-2009, 11:11 PM

very patronising:grr::grr:

Calm down BUD :dummytit:

Littlest Hobo
15-12-2009, 11:28 PM
It really should have been a foul.

I agree it was a foul but what was his excuse for dropping the ball the other two times in the game?

And although Maka made three excellent saves in the game, the away support held their breath anytime a ball got crossed into our box! We have no confidence in the big fella and even his strongest allies are kidding themselves if they say they do!:rolleyes:

RIP
16-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Can those of you who voted FAULT watch the action and listen to the commentary at 5.50
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8413127.stm

If we have a poll which is anonymous it opens us up to folk with an agenda manipulating it for their own purposes

For example we have known racists at ER who constantly slag off Maka

Would they bother to view the highlights before voting?

I think not!

PeeJay
16-12-2009, 05:56 AM

I choose not to go there, than you very much:greengrin. My rather flippant and "pedantic" point that it doesn't matter what we all think if the referee (as in this case) does not award a foul is however watertight! The decision stands, it will never be changed: no matter how many polls we have on here. Some people think Makka was fouled, Hughes (pah, what does he know, said no!) - me I think it's a physical game and a goalkeeper rushing out to get a ball has to be aware of several things ...... :blah::blah::blah:.... och, it's pointless ... I'm going to reply to one more post further down and then I'm off to do some work! Tell you what though, even if I do think it was his fault, if Makka turns up in goal on Saturday for us, I'll be 100% behind him.:bye:

PeeJay
16-12-2009, 06:04 AM
Can those of you who voted FAULT watch the action and listen to the commentary at 5.50
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8413127.stm

If we have a poll which is anonymous it opens us up to folk with an agenda manipulating it for their own purposes

Would they bother to view the highlights before voting?

I think not!

I usually state my case after having voted, as do many people on here. I find it truly astonishing however that someone on here is trying to explain away the opposing POV regarding Makka as part of some racist agenda. I maybe missed it all in all the posts, but from what I've read the vast majority of people criticise him, praise him, slag him off or whatever because of his actions or lack of action, certainly not because of him being Belgian or black. This discussion really has nothing to do with racism, surely? If you think it has and I've missed it maybe you could provide some examples. Surely anyone practising racist abuse on here must be suspended or taken out and shot, or whatever it is the Admins do? :confused:

YehButNoBut
16-12-2009, 06:15 AM
Take a look at Robert Green's (one of Englands top keepers) howler for West Ham against Bolton last night. Much better keepers than Maka make regular blunders and get nothing like the stick he gets.

Can we not accept all keepers will make mistakes at times and many of them will lead to goals and get off Makas back. :agree:

Hibbyradge
16-12-2009, 06:46 AM

Maka was fouled, but the referee didn't award a free kick.

Simple really! :agree:

PeeJay
16-12-2009, 06:58 AM
Maka was fouled, but the referee didn't award a free kick.

Simple really! :agree:

The wording of Law 5 of FIFA's Laws of the Game states: 'The decisions of the referee regarding facts connected with play, including whether or not a goal is scored and the result of the match, are final. The referee may only change a decision on realising that it is incorrect or, at his discretion, on the advice of an assistant referee or the fourth official, provided that he has not restarted play or terminated the match.'

Doesn’t say anything about the opinions of Hibs.net pollsters in there does it :wink: .... top that then! :greengrin :tree I rest my case :faf:-

Danderhall Hibs
16-12-2009, 07:17 AM

Do we? Who are they?

I find it truly astonishing however that someone on here is trying to explain away the opposing POV regarding Makka as part of some racist agenda. I maybe missed it all in all the posts, but from what I've read the vast majority of people criticise him, praise him, slag him off or whatever because of his actions or lack of action, certainly not because of him being Belgian or black. This discussion really has nothing to do with racism, surely? If you think it has and I've missed it maybe you could provide some examples. Surely anyone practising racist abuse on here must be suspended or taken out and shot, or whatever it is the Admins do? :confused:

:agree: I've not even voted in this poll - it's all been covered on the other thread where Stack is the preferred choice of the majority!

RIP
16-12-2009, 07:29 AM

For example we have known racists at ER who constantly slag off Maka. Would they bother to view the highlights before voting? I think not!

II find it truly astonishing however that someone on here is trying to explain away the opposing POV regarding Maka as part of some racist agenda. Surely anyone practising racist abuse on here must be suspended or taken out and shot, or whatever it is the Admins do? :confused:

I have sat beside dozens of very vocal racists this season and I've read on here other fans experiences that are similar. What I can't tell you is how many more racists there are who are not so vocal.

A secret poll (as opposed to one that shows your name) offers those with an agenda an opportunity to create controversy. Any fool can see that Maka was completely taken out. Pat Nevin can see it. Yogi can see it. We can see it.

What possible agenda would anyone be following for saying otherwise? What I am suggesting is that out of our vast membership we no doubt have our share of silent racists, undercover yams and agent provocateurs whose only purpose is to cause trouble. A secret poll allows such an opportunity

That's my opinion on secret polls and people who start them

Not a big deal or anything

If you don't happen to rate Maka - race has nothing to do with that whatsoever.

basehibby
16-12-2009, 07:29 AM
Definately should have been a foul - dunno how anyone could say otherwise.

That said I think Maka should have claimed the ball anyway - needs to be a bit more commanding and decisive in these situations.

Danderhall Hibs
16-12-2009, 07:33 AM
A secret poll (as opposed to one that shows your name) offers those with an agenda an opportunity to create controversy. Any fool can see that Maka was completely taken out. Pat Nevin can see it. Yogi can see it. We can see it.

Yogi said he didn't think it was a foul. Nevin did.

Nevin works for the BBC who as we have all been told spout pish.

hibiedude
16-12-2009, 07:33 AM

I have to agree with your reply, when a 6ft 7in Goalie can't catch the ball and starts moning about being fouled then we have problems.

Captain Trips
16-12-2009, 07:38 AM
I have to agree with your reply, when a 6ft 7in Goalie can't catch the ball and starts moning about being fouled then we have problems.

Sorry cant agree with that, him being that size doesnt matter when barged by a somebody about 6ft. He is challenged a lot and when its a fair challenge he will catch ball.

Every goalie has been in the situation where claiming ball and fouled and then lost ball, unfortunatley for us the ref didnt see it.

I think its harsh to say he should still hold ball after being fouled.

basehibby
16-12-2009, 09:04 AM
I usually state my case after having voted, as do many people on here. I find it truly astonishing however that someone on here is trying to explain away the opposing POV regarding Makka as part of some racist agenda. I maybe missed it all in all the posts, but from what I've read the vast majority of people criticise him, praise him, slag him off or whatever because of his actions or lack of action, certainly not because of him being Belgian or black. This discussion really has nothing to do with racism, surely? If you think it has and I've missed it maybe you could provide some examples. Surely anyone practising racist abuse on here must be suspended or taken out and shot, or whatever it is the Admins do? :confused:

I'm not sure that's what 49 yrs was actually getting at - of course the majority of Maka's critics will have become so for purely football reasons - it can't be denied after all that he has given them plenty of amo in the past.

That said, it would take a blind, deaf mute to believe that there are NO racists in the Hibs support. They represent a fairly small minority and don't represent the overall ethos of the club or the fans, but they exist and no doubt allow their small minded desire to indulge in ignorant prejudices to cloud their judgement in football matters - I would therefore expect this minority to be amongst those who would jump on any mistake by Maka while ignoring his good work in a game.

Of course that doesn't make someone who doesn't rate Maka a racist so it could be argued that making a poll like this public would leave the door open for 49 yrs and others to jump to unfair conclusions about fellow posters. But that can be easily put to bed if people take the time to explain their opinions - something that I would certainly expect in this case from anyone who thought there was no foul commited :confused:

TornadoHibby
16-12-2009, 09:11 AM

I think it would be very interesting to set up an experiment where half a dozen of the most vociferous anti Maka posters and the biggest of them too (:wink:) are asked to catch a cross ball whilst someone of at least but probably more than their body weight but perhaps slightly less tall runs at them and collides with them once they have left the ground to catch the ball! :cool2:

We also stick 8 or 10 other big guys around him that he has to get through to get to the ball to make the area just a bit "crowded" like it was at Killie on Saturday with the ball still capable of being caught assuming no "foul play" ! :cool2:

Then the results of the experiment are posted on here so we can all see how many of them caught the ball and didn't drop it! :wink:

Problem is, all the pro goalkeepers who post on here will just say that they would punch that ball and that catching it should never be attempted! :grr:

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2009, 09:13 AM
I hope Maka is punted in January, i also think Bamba has been our player of the year. Maybe i'm only slightly bigoted.:wink:

Littlest Hobo
16-12-2009, 09:19 AM
I hope Maka is punted in January, i also think Bamba has been our player of the year. Maybe i'm only slightly bigoted.:wink:

I agree on both counts. :thumbsup:

J-C
16-12-2009, 09:27 AM
I find it truly astonishing the amount of bile and slavering gash spouted on this web site, particularly towards certain players and by the usual wee narrow minded band of culprits.

Even when evidence has been shown to prove Maka was clearly fouled, some of you numpties come on here and start saying " well he's 6'6" and should've caught it "........" how can someone his size be bundled off the ball so easily "

FFS get a grip on reality and take yer blinkered heids oot yer bumholes for 5 seconds and just think about what you're typing, before you all sound like comlete tits.

We laugh at the other half of Edinburgh and what they are saying on their wee site, lets not fall into line with the mini huns, we're sitting 3rd, on a decent run and have 2 keepers vying for the no.1 jersey.

So far neither of them have let us down, so be thankfull we're in a healthy position as far as keepers and outfield players are concerned and if it all goes tits up, then have a go at the players. :grr:

Rant over.

Captain Trips
16-12-2009, 09:33 AM
I find it truly astonishing the amount of bile and slavering gash spouted on this web site, particularly towards certain players and by the usual wee narrow minded band of culprits.

Even when evidence has been shown to prove Maka was clearly fouled, some of you numpties come on here and start saying " well he's 6'6" and should've caught it "........" how can someone his size be bundled off the ball so easily "

FFS get a grip on reality and take yer blinkered erses oot yer bumholes for 5 seconds and just think about what you're typing, before you all sound like comlete tits.

We laugh at the other half of Edinburgh and what they are saying on their wee site, lets not fall into line with the mini huns, we're sitting 3rd, on a decent run and have 2 keepers vying for the no.1 jersey.

So far neither of them have let us down, so be thankfull we're in a healthy position as far as keepers and outfield players are concerned and if it all goes tits up, then have a go at the players. :grr:

Rant over.

Yup :agree:

If you think he was fouled that indeed should be end of it, no matter if you think he made right or wrong choice, its only fair to say he would have had it if not fouled.

IMO the only argument is if you dont think it was a foul and he dropped it then fair enough, I think those people though are in minority.

basehibby
16-12-2009, 09:44 AM
....... take yer blinkered erses oot yer bumholes for 5 seconds and just think about what you're typing, ......

:faf: :greengrin

iainm1875
16-12-2009, 09:53 AM

Totally agree. He should have cleared it.

Arch Stanton
16-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Totally agree. He should have cleared it.

And if he punched it clear and it was picked up by a Killie midfield player who hammers in a goal then the reason for wanting him to be punted would be because the idiot should have caught it.

I think I'm getting the hang of this anti-Maka stuff.

J-C
16-12-2009, 10:46 AM
:faf: :greengrin

Aye, got me there, torn between typing erses and bumholes and chose both instead of typing heids. :greengrin

Hibs Spain
16-12-2009, 10:58 AM

Nevin works for the BBC who as we have all been told spout pish.Yogi said he DID think it was a foul and appreciated some good saves and reckoned he did well.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Even though 75% of folk think it was a foul, 80% prefer Stack. What a conundrum. :devil:

hibee-shtuggie
16-12-2009, 01:19 PM

FFS get a grip on reality and take yer blinkered heids oot yer bumholes for 5 seconds and just think about what you're typing, before you all sound like comlete tits.

Rant over.

as much as i have been wound up by how much nonsense has been talked over maka i think this is a it harsh. you have to understand their argument. i think it was a foul..hell it was obviously a foul but professional footballers should always play to the whistle. especially with the refs in this country, you can expect nothing. its similar to a forward being hacked down and then grabbing the ball expecting a free kick...you cant do that until the whistle has blown. just as maka could have and should have held on to the ball. that is their point and it is completely understandable..however the ref should have given a foul.

RIP
16-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Is it true that Stack has had an operation and will be out for six weeks?

Hibs Spain
16-12-2009, 02:21 PM
as much as i have been wound up by how much nonsense has been talked over maka i think this is a it harsh. you have to understand their argument. i think it was a foul..hell it was obviously a foul but professional footballers should always play to the whistle. especially with the refs in this country, you can expect nothing. its similar to a forward being hacked down and then grabbing the ball expecting a free kick...you cant do that until the whistle has blown. just as maka could have and should have held on to the ball. that is their point and it is completely understandable..however the ref should have given a foul.There are times when you're hit hard and you'll drop the ball.Obviosly he didn't want to drop the ball. A six foot five goalie can't hold a ball any tighter than a six foot goalie. And Ford deliberately jumped into him remember,not even looking for the ball. Looking at it again he actually ran at him and jumped into him ... Caught his arm too. There's no way Maka shouldn't have been given a foul and I really don't think saying that no matter how hard he gets hit he should still have held it .. is reasonable.

Love the Green
16-12-2009, 02:25 PM

Foul? more like a rugby tackle..totally out of order especially in a climate where any goalie touched gets the benefit of the doubt...shocking decision...Not agreat fan of Maka but fair's fair.

"keep the faith":wink:

TornadoHibby
16-12-2009, 04:09 PM

:shocked:

OMG! :confused:

Troops will need to be recalled from war duties overseas to deal with the fracas on Hibs.Net due to serious overloading with goalkeeper performance report threads not necessarily based on facts nor necessarily posted by individuals who were actually at the said matches to witness those performances!! :cool2:

:greengrin

Hibs Spain
17-12-2009, 09:33 AM

Nevin works for the BBC who as we have all been told spout pish."It was a free kick,that's for sure,so I was a little bit disappointed and I made my feelings known to the referee" John Hughes.
Hhhhhmmmm:hmmm:

sambajustice
17-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Yogi said he DID think it was a foul and appreciated some good saves and reckoned he did well.

Mowbray said that McGeady didn't dive against us...

Managers very rarely come out and slate their own players!

I Love Lamp
17-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Bottom line: it was a foul. However, someone trying to take Maka out should wake up the next morning in the local infirmary. He is 6 foot 6 and very strongly built. I know he was off balance but this is where commanding your area comes in. He should be roaring 'keeper's ball', belting out, claiming the ball at it's highest point (whilst using the knee-up trick) and flatten anyone stupid enough to get in his way rather than the tentative manner in which Maka was doing it here.

I have long felt that Maka has almost everything for the highest level: athleticism, power, agility, good reflexes, great shot stopping. The problems are his concentration and his attitude. By the latter I mean he is too nice, he isn't arrogant enough on the pitch at the moment to be a top keeper. Like Emile Heskey down south, being too nice on the pitch will often make it harder to reach your potential.

khib70
17-12-2009, 10:26 AM
There are times when you're hit hard and you'll drop the ball.Obviosly he didn't want to drop the ball. A six foot five goalie can't hold a ball any tighter than a six foot goalie. And Ford deliberately jumped into him remember,not even looking for the ball. Looking at it again he actually ran at him and jumped into him ... Caught his arm too. There's no way Maka shouldn't have been given a foul and I really don't think saying that no matter how hard he gets hit he should still have held it .. is reasonable.
:agree:Good point. When you're in the air with both feet off the ground, you're going to get knocked out of shape no matter how big you are. That's why that kind of tackle is actually illegal in rugby.

Hibs Spain
17-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Bottom line: it was a foul. However, someone trying to take Maka out should wake up the next morning in the local infirmary. He is 6 foot 6 and very strongly built. I know he was off balance but this is where commanding your area comes in. He should be roaring 'keeper's ball', belting out, claiming the ball at it's highest point (whilst using the knee-up trick) and flatten anyone stupid enough to get in his way rather than the tentative manner in which Maka was doing it here.

I have long felt that Maka has almost everything for the highest level: athleticism, power, agility, good reflexes, great shot stopping. The problems are his concentration and his attitude. By the latter I mean he is too nice, he isn't arrogant enough on the pitch at the moment to be a top keeper. Like Emile Heskey down south, being too nice on the pitch will often make it harder to reach your potential.
"The six yard box is the keeper's area. If he comes for a ball and is impeded it is a foul.100%!!" Rafa Benitez last night.

Peevemor
17-12-2009, 10:31 AM
"The six yard box is the keeper's area. If he comes for a ball and is impeded it is a foul.100%!!" Rafa Benitez last night.

Maka was fouled, but the keeper has the same rights whether it's the 6 or 18 yard box.

Hibs Spain
17-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Maka was fouled, but the keeper has the same rights whether it's the 6 or 18 yard box.Yeh..I think what Rafa was alluding to was that the six yard area is the responsibility of the goalie also. Like he should have absolute control of what happens there.

Mikeystewart
17-12-2009, 12:26 PM
If there was a bit of both option id be interested in seeing how many of the "makas fault" voters would vote for it surely there bust be a few of them out there who think it was a foul and a mistake.

PeeJay
17-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Maka was fouled, but the keeper has the same rights whether it's the 6 or 18 yard box.

Here in Germany there seems to be some unwritten rule that a goalkeeper in the 6-yard box cannot be impeded at all, but outside the 6-yard box - anything goes (sort of!) - possibly something to do with not allowing goalkeeprs to be impeded at corners? I think in mainland Europe (certainly Germany) goalkeepers have different 'rights' as you put it, depending on where they are in the box. Haven't actually seen this written down anywhere as a rule though.

silverhibee
17-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Just for the people who keep saying Yogi did not think it was a foul.
Last nights Evening News.
Meanwhile, Hibs manager John Hughes believes that goalkeeper Yves Ma-Kalambay was unfairly criticised for the goal that he lost in the 1-1 draw with Kilmarnock last weekend.
The Belgian conceded the opening goal to Mark Burchill at Rugby Park after taking a tumble over team mate Chris Hogg in the box and ended up in the side netting.
But Hughes felt that he had been fouled in the build up to the goal and said, I think there was a bump on him and sometimes people are to quick to jump on the big guy and criticise him.
I'm all for going in on the keeper if you think you've got a chance to score but, to me, he was fouled.
And the goal apart, he made a couple of great saves and had a good game.

So wee have heard the managers view on it, and he says it was a foul, wee have seen the highlights of it and it is clearly a foul, but yet some people on here still think otherwise.:rolleyes:
Maka or Stack, they will both get my backing whoever Yogi picks to be in goals this weekend, if it is Stack fair enough, but i dont think Maka has done anything wrong to be dropped, and would think he will be the No 1 this weekend.

sesoim
17-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Maka should hold on to the ball as much as a striker should stay on feet when barged, why should he hold onto ball? I cannot blame him at all for dropping ball after that. His size is irrelevant when somebody of a similiar size hits him.

Because you risk losing a goal if you are a goalie. You can't judge a goalie against a forward - they are totally different positions, but Maka doesn't appear to give a s*** when he loses a goal, apart from occasionally throwing his arms about.

PeeJay
17-12-2009, 01:08 PM
So wee have heard the managers view on it, and he says it was a foul, wee have seen the highlights of it and it is clearly a foul, but yet some people on here still think otherwise.:rolleyes:

"Big Yves fell over Chris Hogg at the goal, when he came off his line for the ball. I didn't see it as a foul on the keeper; but the way we hit back so quickly pleased me and I was particularly happy for big Nishie; he's been our best player in recent games, now he has grasped the concept of how we're trying to play. All he needs now is a goal" This is what our manager said on Monday in the Scotsman :confused: - funny that! I'm past caring TBH!

Saorsa
17-12-2009, 01:09 PM
I prefer Stack in goals tae Makalamby, IMO the defence always seem tae look more comfortable/confident with Stack in goals. On this particular incident though I think the stick Makalamby has taken over the goal at Killie is OTT. IMO he was clearly fouled, the player barging in tae him making nae attempt tae win the ball, he wisnae even looking at it.

sesoim
17-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Last nights Evening News.
Meanwhile, Hibs manager John Hughes believes that goalkeeper Yves Ma-Kalambay was unfairly criticised for the goal that he lost in the 1-1 draw with Kilmarnock last weekend.
The Belgian conceded the opening goal to Mark Burchill at Rugby Park after taking a tumble over team mate Chris Hogg in the box and ended up in the side netting.
But Hughes felt that he had been fouled in the build up to the goal and said, I think there was a bump on him and sometimes people are to quick to jump on the big guy and criticise him.
I'm all for going in on the keeper if you think you've got a chance to score but, to me, he was fouled.
And the goal apart, he made a couple of great saves and had a good game.

Maka or Stack, they will both get my backing whoever Yogi picks to be in goals this weekend, if it is Stack fair enough, but i dont think Maka has done anything wrong to be dropped, and would think he will be the No 1 this weekend.

Yogi is backing Maka while there is still a chance he will have to play him. Come January Maka will be out the door.

sesoim
17-12-2009, 01:11 PM

If that's the case expect a new GK on loan on January the 1st.

TornadoHibby
17-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Yogi is backing Maka while there is still a chance he will have to play him. Come January Maka will be out the door.

If that's the case expect a new GK on loan on January the 1st.

Your opinion or are you quoting someone who has the position within Hibs to do as you suggest and who has personally told you that what you say will happen will happen? :confused:

RIP
17-12-2009, 03:57 PM
"Big Yves fell over Chris Hogg at the goal, when he came off his line for the ball. I didn't see it as a foul on the keeper; but the way we hit back so quickly pleased me and I was particularly happy for big Nishie; he's been our best player in recent games, now he has grasped the concept of how we're trying to play. All he needs now is a goal" This is what our manager said on Monday in the Scotsman :confused: - funny that! I'm past caring TBH!

That's what Yogi said before he had seen Sportscene and the slo mo from behind the goal

That's probably what most of us thought at the weekend

Turns out Ford and Kyle were executing a pre-rehearsed routine

Maka was trying to catch the a ball when the two tallest Kille players were doubling up up on him

Two wily cheats against an inexperienced lad

Nae contest

J-C
17-12-2009, 04:09 PM

And I'm sure if this happens, you'll have a bigger and more stupid grin on your face than Sid James in your avatar.............jeez some people.:grr:

Taz_hibee
18-12-2009, 11:01 AM

What a load of sheite, Yogi is backing his keeper because he was fouled and has done nothing wrong.

Check tonights news and he has stated Stack is back training but Maka has the gloves and will be in goal for Dons game as he has done nothing wrong, seemples really so throws your argument rite out the window

Hibs Spain
18-12-2009, 11:27 AM
What a load of sheite, Yogi is backing his keeper because he was fouled and has done nothing wrong.

Check tonights news and he has stated Stack is back training but Maka has the gloves and will be in goal for Dons game as he has done nothing wrong, seemples really so throws your argument rite out the windowWhen did he say that?

Danderhall Hibs
18-12-2009, 11:32 AM
When did he say that?

In here (http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-manager-John-Hughes-backs.5923474.jp)

'mon the Maka. :greengrin

TornadoHibby
18-12-2009, 12:01 PM
In here (http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-manager-John-Hughes-backs.5923474.jp)

Delighted for Maka that he has the support of the guy that actually counts! :agree:

Yogi says " I see him in training every day when sometimes he is unbeatable."
:wink:

Yet we still have those that can't help themselves. These are the first two "comments" posted by "Hibs" fans (presumably!) at the end of the article! :confused:

__________________________________________________ _______________
Dood,18/12/2009 11:49:38
Not convinced that Yogi's called this one very well.

He's harped on in the press for most of the week about Maka and the goal at Killie.
Would he not have been better off keeping the guy out of the spotlight and just letting him get on with it?

This guy can't be looking on this mb then! :faf:

Hibby Heapy,18/12/2009 11:50:14
That will be points dropped then.

Come on Yogi, throw the young laddie in. He can't be any worse that Maka-calamity!

GGTTH

This guy might be a Jumbo as he clearly doesn't know anything about our keepers! :cool2:

Anyhow, let's get right behind the lad and if he and the others perform as they can we can come back down the road tomorrow night with the 3 points we need! :agree:

Hibs Spain
18-12-2009, 12:22 PM

'mon the Maka. :greengrinHe's describing Maka the way I see him.And as I'm sure you know in all honesty he doesn't make any more mistakes than any other keeper. The odd slip up is simply blown farcically out of all proportion.Add the benefit of the spectacular saves he can make and the points those save us and we've got a diamond there!!:thumbsup:

bawheid
18-12-2009, 12:32 PM

Delighted for Maka that he has the support of the guy that actually counts! :agree:

He's describing Maka the way I see him.And as I'm sure you know in all honesty he doesn't make any more mistakes than any other keeper. The odd slip up is simply blown farcically out of all proportion.Add the benefit of the spectacular saves he can make and the points those save us and we've got a diamond there!!:thumbsup:

Great. We're all in agreement then. Can we have that group hug now? :greengrin

Hibs Spain
18-12-2009, 12:44 PM

Yet we still have those that can't help themselves. These are the first two "comments" posted by "Hibs" fans (presumably!) at the end of the article! :confused:

Dood,18/12/2009 11:49:38
Not convinced that Yogi's called this one very well.

He's harped on in the press for most of the week about Maka and the goal at Killie.
Would he not have been better off keeping the guy out of the spotlight and just letting him get on with it?

This guy can't be looking on this mb then! :faf:

Hibby Heapy,18/12/2009 11:50:14
That will be points dropped then.

Come on Yogi, throw the young laddie in. He can't be any worse that Maka-calamity!

GGTTH

This guy might be a Jumbo as he clearly doesn't know anything about our keepers! :cool2:

Anyhow, let's get right behind the lad and if he and the others perform as they can we can come back down the road tomorrow night with the 3 points we need! :agree:I take it these comments are on the PM thing?

TornadoHibby
18-12-2009, 01:03 PM
I take it these comments are on the PM thing?

They are on the Scotsman article which DH gave the link to! :wink:

TornadoHibby
18-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Great. We're all in agreement then. Can we have that group hug now? :greengrin

:applause: :cheers:

:thumbsup:

Hibs Spain
18-12-2009, 01:34 PM
:applause: :cheers:

:thumbsup:This reminds me... DH is due me a pint or three! :agree:

Sumner
18-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Anyone who voted "Maka's fault" paint the word TOOL above your mirror
then stand staring at yourself for long periods - the message just may sink in.

"75 problems and a brain ain't one" :yawn:

Danderhall Hibs
18-12-2009, 02:18 PM
This reminds me... DH is due me a pint or three! :agree:

I am indeed. I've got my daughter a 1/2 ST for Christmas though so it'd need to be in Behind The Goals - she won't get into any other pubs.

It'll be next year now though.

Hibs Spain
18-12-2009, 02:33 PM
I am indeed. I've got my daughter a 1/2 ST for Christmas though so it'd need to be in Behind The Goals - she won't get into any other pubs.

It'll be next year now though.Behind The Goals is cool... Got a hell of a thirst building up :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
18-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Behind The Goals is cool... Got a hell of a thirst building up :greengrin

I’ll PM you nearer the time – no goalie chat allowed. :greengrin

Hibs Spain
18-12-2009, 02:50 PM
I’ll PM you nearer the time – no goalie chat allowed. :greengrinAs long as you promise not to prattle on about how good the Maka is.You'll have been converted by then and you won't be having to convince me of things I already know ..:cool2:

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2009, 01:37 PM
As long as you promise not to prattle on about how good the Maka is.You'll have been converted by then and you won't be having to convince me of things I already know ..:cool2:

:faf:

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Yet another long winded thread about you know who! How many times do we have to do this ffs:grr: :faf::devil: