PDA

View Full Version : Neil Alexander

Aldo
14-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Wants 1st Team footie next season. Worth a shout???.excellent keeper IMHO however well outwith our price range.

thoughts????

ancient hibee
14-12-2009, 07:02 PM
He'll be getting it with Rangers surely?

Mikey
14-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Liam Miller was well outwith our price range :wink:

If he wants to play regularly and possibly get a big move further down the line then he could do a lot worse than sign for the Cabbage.

LancashireHibby
14-12-2009, 07:16 PM
At the right money, most definitely.

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2009, 07:23 PM
If it means getting rid of dropsy, then go for it.:devil:

PeterboroHibee
14-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Would def take him, hes a superb keeper, cant understand how McGregor got back in after Alexander had such a good run in their UEFA cup campaign.

Think he might be looking to England, and imagine he would have to take a decent drop in wages to come to Hibs.

green marine
14-12-2009, 07:56 PM
no thanks, he's a yam!

erin go bragh
14-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Would def take him, hes a superb keeper, cant understand how McGregor got back in after Alexander had such a good run in their UEFA cup campaign.

Think he might be looking to England, and imagine he would have to take a decent drop in wages to come to Hibs.
mcgregor is a much better keeper than alexander :agree:

PeterboroHibee
14-12-2009, 08:08 PM
mcgregor is a much better keeper than alexander :agree:

I dont think he is, or not by much.

brydekirk
14-12-2009, 08:14 PM
what keeper would want to join hibs knowing the slaging they will get :agree:

Pretty Boy
14-12-2009, 08:16 PM
I'd take him, let him and Stack fight it out for the gloves and let Maka go when his contracts up.

Reckon he's more likely to go down south though.

Hibs Spain
14-12-2009, 08:40 PM
If it means getting rid of dropsy, then go for it.:devil:He's a lttle wimp..Much slighter than you would imagine.Worked along side me at Costa Coffee part time at Edinburgh Airport about 14 years ago.Another journeyman who can't get a game.From memory was an apprentice/trainee at Livingston at the time ...

hibsboy90
14-12-2009, 08:40 PM
If Rangers were clever they would keep NA and play him, whilst cashing in on Macgregor in January.

Or are their finances not 'that' bad:wink:

sixtwo
14-12-2009, 08:41 PM
He was the keeper for the team I played for as a lad. Edina Hibs. He is an Edinburgh lad but sadly he is not a hibby so any thoughts of getting him based on emotional loyalties are gone! He was a jambo as a boy!

He is a good keeper. I'd like to see him at ER, he'd do a decent job for us but I think he'd get a move to the championship if he wants to go there!

Pretty Boy
14-12-2009, 09:04 PM
He's a lttle wimp..Much slighter than you would imagine.Worked along side me at Costa Coffee part time at Edinburgh Airport about 14 years ago.Another journeyman who can't get a game.From memory was an apprentice/trainee at Livingston at the time ...

Your old enough to have had a job 14 years ago????

Wonders never cease.

Diclonius
14-12-2009, 09:43 PM
He's a Hibby is he not?

Always thought McGregor was the Yam goalkeeper at Rangers. :confused:

steakbake
14-12-2009, 09:43 PM
He's a lttle wimp..Much slighter than you would imagine.Worked along side me at Costa Coffee part time at Edinburgh Airport about 14 years ago.Another journeyman who can't get a game.From memory was an apprentice/trainee at Livingston at the time ...

Are you that Morrocan lad who made off wi aw the money in the safe?

(Allegedly)

I worked there too. He was a yam as far as I can remember and he was a trainee at Livi when I last knew him.

Hibs Spain
14-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Are you that Morrocan lad who made off wi aw the money in the safe?

(Allegedly)

I worked there too. He was a yam as far as I can remember and he was a trainee at Livi when I last knew him.No ...That was Marco hahahahaha ...Pretended he was Italian ...Are you the guy used to get the ski slope forecasts??

steakbake
14-12-2009, 10:08 PM
No ...That was Marco hahahahaha ...Pretended he was Italian ...Are you the guy used to get the ski slope forecasts??

That's the fella. Last seen headed towards the Channel Tunnel with a week's takings (during the festival) in his bag. He was married - his wife in Edinburgh thought he was Italian/French as well.

Anyway, we're well off topic. Alexander is, to my knowledge, a jambo. Unless he's willing to come to Hibs to be an understudy to Graham Stack and presumably get paid less and have less chance of a Scotland call up, I can't think he'll be pulling on a Hibs jersey any time soon.

New Corrie
14-12-2009, 10:09 PM
He's a Hibby is he not?

Always thought McGregor was the Yam goalkeeper at Rangers. :confused:

No, he's a Yam, but his Dad (Jimmy) is a Hibs man though.

Hibs Spain
14-12-2009, 10:10 PM
No ...That was Marco hahahahaha ...Pretended he was Italian ...Are you the guy used to get the ski slope forecasts??It could have been Mario not Marco?

steakbake
14-12-2009, 10:10 PM
No, he's a Yam, but his Dad (Jimmy) is a Hibs man though.

I didn't know that. He was a bit of a radge - a funny one, though. Must be in the DNA of all taxi drivers...

steakbake
14-12-2009, 10:14 PM
It could have been Mario not Marco?

It was definitely Marco. The CID came round my house and interviewed me about it. Shame of the matter was that the Manager at the time - Fiona, I think her name was - took the rap as far as the company was concerned and she was given the Spanish archer.

Hibs Spain
14-12-2009, 10:19 PM
That's the fella. Last seen headed towards the Channel Tunnel with a week's takings (during the festival) in his bag. He was married - his wife in Edinburgh thought he was Italian/French as well.

Anyway, we're well off topic. Alexander is, to my knowledge, a jambo. Unless he's willing to come to Hibs to be an understudy to Graham Stack and presumably get paid less and have less chance of a Scotland call up, I can't think he'll be pulling on a Hibs jersey any time soon.It was actually my wife Penny who worked there ...But I picked her up every day and was with Alexander every day ..Enough to gauge his stature :greengrin

keep the faith
14-12-2009, 10:20 PM
That would be a waste of money.

Stack is absolutely fine and I like the look of young Flynn.

Oscar Lomax
14-12-2009, 10:22 PM

Get a life. Alexander is better than Stack and Makalamity put together....are you for real? or a yamity?

Hibs Spain
14-12-2009, 10:27 PM
It was actually my wife Penny who worked there ...But I picked her up every day and was with Alexander every day ..Enough to gauge his stature :greengrinFiona's husband..Joe is a Hibs fanatic ...Quiet lad ...Like a walking encycolopedia of Hibs.:thumbsup:

steakbake
14-12-2009, 10:31 PM
There's little point discussing it. He wouldn't come to Hibs. Why leave Grayskull to compete for a place at a club which will probably pay you less? I think it's a come and get me to clubs south of the border.

hibbiedon
14-12-2009, 11:39 PM
no thanks, he's a yam!

His Dads a Hibby

Gus Fring
15-12-2009, 01:32 AM
His dads definitely a Hibee, i worked with him at the airport during his lads run in the uefa cup.