PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Update - New East Stand CONFIRMED

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

IWasThere2016
14-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Folks

Have info that the East Stand will be in place for the start of next season!

Reliably informed demolition of the current East will start in a number of weeks!!!

TQM

johnrebus
14-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Sauce ?

CMac1988
14-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Good news, hopefully this means my 1/2 season ticket will give me 1st dibs on a new seat in the new stand (along with other season ticket holders ofcourse). :greengrin

Sauce?

IWasThere2016
14-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Sauce ?

Cannot say - but club have priced, and potential contractors are considering the project.

For a late July hand-over we will be looking at demolition January, construction work starting a few weeks thereafter.

Can see tickets being an issue if we're still at business end of the SPL!

Nando™
14-12-2009, 02:51 PM
That's quite a short amount of time, how long did the West Stand take to build?

silverhibee
14-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Folks

Reliably informed demolition of the current East will start in a number of weeks!!!

TQM

Wee must be getting a big transfer fee for someone in January.:greengrin

IWasThere2016
14-12-2009, 02:53 PM
That's quite a short amount of time, how long did the West Stand take to build?

East ain't as complicated. West has reception, changing rooms, hospy etc etc

Woody1985
14-12-2009, 02:53 PM
I thought that it just went out to tender in the last week or so?

That would seem pretty quick to get the companies to provide a response to all of our requirements and get started would it not?

Good news if that's the case.

aljo7-0
14-12-2009, 02:56 PM
How many seats are there in the East at the moment? Its going to cut the capacity in the Hibs end a fair bit but presumably a fair chunk of the South Stand will be opened up for Home Support at least in non Cat A games

CMac1988
14-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Cannot say - but club have priced, and potential contractors are considering the project.

For a late July hand-over we will be looking at demolition January, construction work starting a few weeks thereafter.

Can see tickets being an issue if we're still at business end of the SPL!

I said good news initially, but perhaps i was too soon to jump the gun.

If demolition was to begin in January what would happen to all those who recently aquired a half season ticket in the East, would we be re-located?

Hibs7
14-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Oh that would really upset the grunts from the west of town. :greengrin:notworthy:

hibsforeurope
14-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Seems very strange timing, especially with the increased amount of half season tickets that are being sold.

Will there be enough empty seats in the South to sit the season ticket holders from the East, along with the Cat B's and the away fans?

truehibernian
14-12-2009, 03:01 PM
With interest rates at an all time low and expected to stay that way, perhaps it's wise to do this now. And it may not necessarily mean a player(s) being sold in January :agree: It will mean increase in mortgage balance and serviced debt, but the club is on sound financial footing for the foreseeable future. In Rod we trust.

On a completely random off football topic, I think I am now in love with the bird on Countdown who took over from Vorderman. Would definitely give her one from the top and two from anywhere else.

Dashing Bob S
14-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Any news on the Hearts new stand? I thought they were planning something very ambitious that would make Tynecastle into a showpiece arena.

Peevemor
14-12-2009, 03:02 PM
There are approx. 3,000 - 3,500 seats in the East. The capacity would therefore be reduced to around 14,000. Not the end of the world for half a season IMHO.

anon1
14-12-2009, 03:03 PM
What will the ER capacity be after completion?? Looking forward to it, I'm a big fan of Easter Road Stadium!

Peevemor
14-12-2009, 03:04 PM
What will the ER capacity be after completion?? Looking forward to it, I'm a big fan of Easter Road Stadium!

Around 21,000 IIRC

Scouse Hibee
14-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Folks

TQM

What a relief, get rid of that eyesore and turn its occupants into decent folk who sit down in the seat and stop singing outrageous songs. Can't come soon enough IMO.

JoJo_07
14-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Any news on the Hearts new stand? I thought they were planning something very ambitious that would make Tynecastle into a showpiece arena.

Spookily enough I was just having a look at their plans just before this thread appeared and wondering if their stand would ever see the light of day. So here are the plans (http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/WAM/showCaseFile.do?appType=DC&appNumber=04/03230/FUL). (The old ones for the two tiers.)

For ours of course.

BigKev
Moving 1500-1800 ST holders from the East to the South doesn't leave much scope for away fans. Wonder if the club will offer up seats which are vacant in the West or FF as an alternative.

Good news if we're getting it done, especially at a time when the club can drive a hard bargain in regards to costs.

blackpoolhibs

Its now a race, it should go right to the wire, may the best team win.:greengrin

Last Minute
14-12-2009, 03:08 PM

Bamba :agree:

CMac1988
14-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Alas, does anyone know wether or not if the stand will be single or double tier, or have i missed something? :confused:

(:pray:'s for a 2 tier solution in hope that the corners will be filled in at some point in the future)

*EDIT*

Scratch that just had a look at the plans from Jojo's link, cheers.

Peevemor
14-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Alas, does anyone know wether or not if the stand will be single or double tier, or have i missed something? :confused:

(:pray:'s for a 2 tier solution in hope that the corners will be filled in at some point in the future)

Single.

BigKev
14-12-2009, 03:09 PM

Single tier.

The corners can still be filled in though :wink:

Barney McGrew
14-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Moving 1500-1800 ST holders from the East to the South doesn't leave much scope for away fans. Wonder if the club will offer up seats which are vacant in the West or FF as an alternative

As it sits now, we'd only have the Huns as a Category A game after the split because the Yams are never going to finish in the top six.

If the top six stays the same, we'd have Rankgers and Motherwell at home, United Sellik and Eberdeen away.

It would mean we weren't losing too much revenue.

GC
14-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Bit of a change of direction from what was said at the AGM, wonder what brought this on.

Let's hope the atmosphere in the new East can match the old one if this is going ahead.

IWasThere2016
14-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Bit of a change of direction from what was said at the AGM, wonder what brought this on.

Let's hope the atmosphere in the new East can match the old one if this is going ahead.

Softening raw mats and labour costs. Debt is cheap too. Or perhaps there is a player sale lined up?

Info is top quality and I can see official statement soon.

JoJo_07
14-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Single tier.

Sorry guys wrong set of plans. Here are the new ones (http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/portal/submissions.do?action=ViewPublicCaseDetails&applicationRef=04/03230/VARY). For the single tier.

down the slope
14-12-2009, 03:21 PM
With interest rates at an all time low and expected to stay that way, perhaps it's wise to do this now. And it may not necessarily mean a player(s) being sold in January :agree: It will mean increase in mortgage balance and serviced debt, but the club is on sound financial footing for the foreseeable future. In Rod we trust.

On a completely random off football topic, I think I am now in love with the bird on Countdown who took over from Vorderman. Would definitely give her one from the top and two from anywhere else.

Great if it's true, i used to sit in the east but it looks a bit of an eyesore compared to the rest of the ground. By the way the bird on countdown is Rachel Riley and i saw her first-with a name like that you would think that she would be a Hibby.

1two
14-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Softening ram mats and labour costs. Debt is cheap too. Or perhaps there is a player sale lined up?

I hope i'm not your reliable quality source of information!:wink:

CMac1988
14-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Single.

Single tier.

Ahh well just noticed those plans were from aeons ago.

Have always wanted the corners filled in for years now as it would greatly increase the atmosphere in the ground. For now though I could deal with the putting up some sort of banners etc between the stands.

Those damn flats behind the stands will hv ti come down at some point!!

Cheers.

IWasThere2016
14-12-2009, 03:25 PM
I hope i'm not your reliable quality source of information!:wink:

As if :wink:

supershotmo
14-12-2009, 03:25 PM

Heres a great website for the lovely Rachel.

http://www.rachelriley.org/

CMac1988
14-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Sorry guys wrong set of plans. Here are the new ones (http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/portal/submissions.do?action=ViewPublicCaseDetails&applicationRef=04/03230/VARY). For the single tier.

Ahh thats better, cheers.

Hakim Sar
14-12-2009, 03:29 PM

As we speak hearts are preparing to unveil a new 400,000 capacity superstand with hotels for all the celebrity supporters (Corbett) to stay in after game day, 6 ukio bankas branches, a nightclub, an airport and a bus depot (geddit?) all under one roof. this, I am told, will be financed by Romanovs Russian third division side Yam Kalashnikov FC and 'loaned to hearts' in a deal that will guarantee an influx of 8 Russian youth players being signed and paid glamorous wages... but it's all very hush hush until press conference tomorrow.

Hearts fans are said to be 'ecstatic' and 'confident' in this apparent show of financial muscle from their heroic owner.

sixtwo
14-12-2009, 03:30 PM
While I'm happy the club is developing the stadium, I'll be a wee bit annoyed if I have to move my seat after just buying a half season ticket for the East.

I hope they do not start the work til the season is finished

--------
14-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Softening raw mats and labour costs. Debt is cheap too. Or perhaps there is a player sale lined up?

This is GOOD. :greengrin

There may be a problem for walk-ups and non-ST-holders through the second half of this season, but there's surely enough room to seat the East Stand ST-holders in the South and elsewhere and still accomodate other home fans for most games.

We'll just have to cut the allocations to away supporters (they can't complain in light of the work being done).

By the start of next season we should have a completed modern stadium, 20,000 capacity plus. Outstanding! :thumbsup:

Sunny1875
14-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Spookily enough I was just having a look at their plans just before this thread appeared and wondering if their stand would ever see the light of day. So here are the plans (http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/WAM/showCaseFile.do?appType=DC&appNumber=04/03230/FUL). (The old ones for the two tiers.)

For ours of course.

So how many cardboard boxes did we need for our plans,
or as we are just a wee club was it just a wee box

greenlex
14-12-2009, 03:33 PM
While I'm happy the club is developing the stadium, I'll be a wee bit annoyed if I have to move my seat after just buying a half season ticket for the East.

Look on the bright side. You will get first dibs on season ticket for a seat for the new stand next season. Every cloud and all that.

Rory89
14-12-2009, 03:36 PM
By the start of next season we should have a completed modern stadium, 20,000 capacity plus. Outstanding! :thumbsup:

How do you know that? I'm not denying that the OP may know about this but usually when someone posts a rumour everyone says it won't happen, why is this any different?

On a different note I think if Hibs do have a 20k plus stadium in place for next season, it's important that we sign a couple of exciting players as we did this summer to get more fans in the gate. Lets be honest 17k is too big going by this season, although we all know the potential is there and that is why we must get this stand built.

A copy of the west would be a disaster though, at least in the east when nobodies singing because it's quite small you can still hear people around you talking. The west feels like an ackward dinner party.

1two
14-12-2009, 03:37 PM

See quote from AGM

"We will go back out to the construction market to establish what an up-todate cost would be from the companies still interested in building a stand.

"When we started the process, every time we asked the question, prices were going up because the price of raw materials was going up.

"At the same time, the availability of funding, because of the economic crisis, became more difficult as well.

"We know construction prices have come down and steel prices have come down but we don't know what the prices will be.

"Only when we get that back will we be able to determine whether we can put a package together to fund that and make it happen or whether we need to sit tight.".

Maybe its not really a change in direction, its just more do-able now due to costs etc.:confused:

bingo70
14-12-2009, 03:37 PM

I can see why you'd be annoyed but IMO the club are right to annoy a few fans by delaying the announcement until half ST's are sold rather than announcing it before and risking selling fewer tickets.

To look on the bright side it'll be the same people getting moved to the south and as a stand it'll produce a better atmosphere than the east does as proven by the noise most teams away fans make when visiting E.R

Greenway
14-12-2009, 03:38 PM
I remember a recent statement from the club saying that we would be "breaking ground" on the new stand shortly. This did not mean we were building it, just that we needed to do this to activate our building certificate before it ran out at the end of this season.

I wonder if this is the work being referred to, rather than the actual build. The statement also mentioned that fans would probably not even notice the work being done as it was fairly minor.

Thought I'd mention it, in case this was the case. (if you know what I mean :wink:)

Judas Iscariot
14-12-2009, 03:38 PM

Petrie :grr:

Rory89
14-12-2009, 03:40 PM
If this is true, thank ***** I got a half ST for Christmas. I go to every home game and almost every away game but had to give up my ST when I didn't have the money up front to pay for one a couple of years back, I'd be mega pissed off if I wasn't able to watch any games for the second half of the season.

Hibby70
14-12-2009, 03:42 PM
good decision in my view. If we get into europe or win the unmentionable then demand will be higher for seasons next season. Crowds are lower this year due to peoples finances so best time to build.

IWasThere2016
14-12-2009, 03:45 PM
If this is true, thank ***** I got a half ST for Christmas. I go to every home game and almost every away game but had to give up my ST when I didn't have the money up front to pay for one a couple of years back, I'd be mega pissed off if I wasn't able to watch any games for the second half of the season.

Rory - I think you've hit in the reason why its happening soon. There will be an opp for selling half-STs from this timing.

Rory89
14-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Rory - I think you've hit in the reason why its happening soon. There will be an opp for selling half-STs from this timing.

True, but if this happens and people do go out now and buy up the half ST's, and say things continue to go well on the park, we're probably looking at 13k home fans a game. Are we really going to give Rantic and Hearts about 1000 away tickets for derbies? Would probably help us out on the park if we did actually.

Actually what am I talking about, there's only one ER derby left this season and it's in a few weeks. :greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
14-12-2009, 03:50 PM
On a different note I think if Hibs do have a 20k plus stadium in place for next season, it's important that we sign a couple of exciting players as we did this summer to get more fans in the gate. Lets be honest 17k is too big going by this season, although we all know the potential is there and that is why we must get this stand built.

If people wont pay to come see the likes of Riordan, Miller or Zemmama, when will they ever? Especially when combined with a very solid back 4...

Rory89
14-12-2009, 03:57 PM
If people wont pay to come see the likes of Riordan, Miller or Zemmama, when will they ever? Especially when combined with a very solid back 4...

Well we were getting better crowds when we had the likes of Curier and Clayton Donaldson, so I don't know but clearly a lot of people stopped bothering when we started doing pish towards the end of Collins reign.

I can't comment on why others stay away as I go, but I'm trying to get myself in the mindframe of someone who is a Hibs fan but doesn't enjoy going to ER enough to pay £22 or buy an ST. If you look at what experience you're going to have, you have two options:

East Stand - Can be a decent atmosphere and even when it's not there's usually good banter and fun to be had, plus the rest of the stadium looks impressive from inside it. On the other hand it is a tip and you usually end up standing on the seat in front of you, plus the views are always restricted and pash. Doesn't bother me but it will for some.

Rest of the ground - Comfortable to sit in and guarenteed a good view. On the other hand it's like a morgue and you have the East ******hole for a view.

I reckon if we have a good team on the park and a nice stadium, people will want to come to watch us play.

--------
14-12-2009, 04:02 PM
How do you know that? I'm not denying that the OP may know about this but usually when someone posts a rumour everyone says it won't happen, why is this any different?

A copy of the west would be a disaster though, at least in the east when nobodies singing because it's quite small you can still hear people around you talking. The west feels like an ackward dinner party.

How do I know that?

I'm responding to TQM's post - it's what you do in a conversation - respond to other people? Why so nippy?

Reasons for crediting HIS post when I wouldn't credit some others people? Partly to do with the fact it's TQM, partly other reasons. :wink:

One way we could make up the deficit in attendances IMO would be to have at least some of the turnstiles into this stand PATG - that way we can just come along, stand in the one queue, and get into the ground with the minimum of hassle.

There WILL be player turnover in the summer - some will leave, others will come in. The team will also continue to gel - I would anticipate that provided we avoid any major upset, our pattern of play will continue to improve. Yogi seems well-able to find and recruit better-than-average players for us.

Last season we were coming away from places like Kilmarnock asking ourselves how on earth we got away with a draw; looking at the highlights, we should be thinking how unlucky the team was at the death not to take all three points. (Their goal could/should have been disallowed, we should have had a late penalty, Deek would have scored if that shot had been even 3 or 4 inches lower....)

Part/Time Supporter
14-12-2009, 04:04 PM

Because TQM is such a reliable source of gossip.

:duck:

Rory89
14-12-2009, 04:07 PM
How do I know that?

I'm responding to TQM's post - it's what you do in a conversation - respond to other people? Why so nippy?

Reasons for crediting HIS post when I wouldn't credit some others people? Partly to do with the fact it's TQM, partly other reasons. :wink:

Nippy? Did I come across as nippy, I'm in a perfectly good mood. :confused:

I was genuinely asking as you hear rumours all the time, and I have an interest in this one and want to know if this really will happen or not. I wasn't denying it or calling the guy a liar, merely interested to know why everyone took the post as gospel when usually people don't.

That is all.

Keith_M
14-12-2009, 04:12 PM
I don't see the Season Tickets being a problem. We obviously had a relatively poor take-up of STs at the start of the season and I'd be surprised if half STs have put us above 10,000.

If we take off 2,000 for away fans and segregation (cat' A game), that makes it possible to have up to 12,000 home fans.

Rory89
14-12-2009, 04:13 PM
On a different note, we're after a single tier stand that holds 6 or 7000 right?

The Wheatfield anyone? That should cost about £50 and I'm sure both parties would be happy to make the transfer. Greenock Morton did something similiar with part of the old Love Street.

hibee_nation
14-12-2009, 04:15 PM
On a different note, we're after a single tier stand that holds 6 or 7000 right?

The Wheatfield anyone? That should cost about £50 and I'm sure both parties would be happy to make the transfer. Greenock Morton did something similiar with part of the old Love Street.

What makes you think we would be happy with that crap stand, defo not Hibs quality.

--------
14-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Nippy? Did I come across as nippy, I'm in a perfectly good mood. :confused:

I was genuinely asking as you hear rumours all the time, and I have an interest in this one and want to know if this really will happen or not. I wasn't denying it or calling the guy a liar, merely interested to know why everyone took the post as gospel when usually people don't.

That is all.

Sorry, mate - it's me that's being nippy. Sincere apologies.

TQM is a good source - unlike some folks on here who just open their mouths and let their bellies rumble.

There have been on or two other indications that things are finally moving, as well, so I'm hopeful we'll finally see the mainframes going up early next year. As you say, we need this stand built so that we can draw a line under infrastructure for a while and concentrate on the team - bringing in exciting players to attract more fans.

Hainan Hibs
14-12-2009, 04:20 PM
That would be fantastic if true, I'm back in Edinburgh next year and it would be very nice to have a season ticket in a new East Stand:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
14-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Bang goes the singing and the 'hibees bounce' :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

mjhibby
14-12-2009, 04:32 PM

The bamba deal must be bigger than i thought somewhere between £2.5 and 3m.Still think it is madness in these economic times to be doing this.There is no guarantee that there will be a huge increase in crowds even if yogi does keep up the good work and cup runs /europe will be the only way to service the increased debt along of course with selling our best players.I would rather sell bamba,get a replacement plus a quality midfielder in and reduce the debt further.Only when we reach say the group stages of the oooroopa league can we contemplate building the new stand.
Lets not waste all the good work that has been done and continue to sell our best players,although any ambitious player will move on eventually i know.Just my opinion of course but im sure as many agree as disagree.Ill leave it to stf and mouser to decide and trust their judgement.:thumbsup:

hibsbollah
14-12-2009, 04:35 PM

Not necessarily, just needs a bit of organisation...

Rory89
14-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Sorry, mate - it's me that's being nippy. Sincere apologies.

TQM is a good source - unlike some folks on here who just open their mouths and let their bellies rumble.

There have been on or two other indications that things are finally moving, as well, so I'm hopeful we'll finally see the mainframes going up early next year. As you say, we need this stand built so that we can draw a line under infrastructure for a while and concentrate on the team - bringing in exciting players to attract more fans.

No bother.

Like HibbyAndy I would be sad to see the East Stand get knocked down, but it has to happen eventually and now is the right time consdering our finances are in good shape, it won't cost a lot to do and the team is doing well.

These things will have an effect on peoples perception of a club imo. I'm always getting slagged off by my hun flatmate asking where all of Hibs money has gone, I'm just glad we can develop our stadium without breaking the bank.

Also, imagine you're a kid from Edinburgh with no allegiances to Hibs or Hearts. You go to Easter Road and see a nice modern, 20k plus stadium. Then you go to Tynecastle which was built by angry dwarfs, what are you going to choose?

In fact I brought a couple of new people to their first derby at Tynecastle this season, neither of them really Hibby's. Both couldn't believe what a run down ******hole it was, one of them is a geordie who's only ever been to Motherwell in Scotland and he said he preferred Fir Park. :faf:

IWasThere2016
14-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Not necessarily, just needs a bit of organisation...

Andy cannae organise his Nuts and Zoo intae seperate piles! :greengrin

HibbyAndy
14-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Andy cannae organise his Nuts and Zoo intae seperate piles! :greengrin

Thats actually true. :greengrin

Kato
14-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Then you go to Tynecastle which was built by angry dwarfs

...for angry dwarfs.

jgl07
14-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Folks

TQM
Is that when the Rangers' fans or the Hearts' fans are allowed in?

degenerated
14-12-2009, 04:44 PM
interesting news, i thought it would go back out to tender before the planning consent expired but never saw it coming as quick as this. doesn't leave a lot of time if they are talking about demolition as early as the end of January.

Rory89
14-12-2009, 04:46 PM
...for angry dwarfs.

They must be to watch football there every other week.

I'm 6 foot 3 but if I went to Tiny Tynie regularly my knees would have shredded off by now.

.Sean.
14-12-2009, 04:50 PM

Who wants to buy our toilets :devil:

Dashing Bob S
14-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Any response on Kickback? Yet another substantial 'blooter' in the chops for them if this goes ahead. S******, s******.

--------
14-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Who wants to buy our toilets :devil:

They'd fit in perfectly with the rest of the 'amenities' at the PBS, except that I don't think the Yams use the ones they already have....

--------
14-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Any response on Kickback? Yet another substantial 'blooter' in the chops for them if this goes ahead. S******, s******.

They exist in a different universe to us, Bob.

I think it's called 'The Twilight Zone'. :devil:

jgl07
14-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Moving 1500-1800 ST holders from the East to the South doesn't leave much scope for away fans. Wonder if the club will offer up seats which are vacant in the West or FF as an alternative.

Good news if we're getting it done, especially at a time when the club can drive a hard bargain in regards to costs.
I will be very surprised if there are anything near 1,800 season tickets in the East.

The whole stand had only 4,300 seats originally. That was before they took several rows of seats out when the pitch was moved over and the slope removed.

I think that the current capacity is around 3,000.

The blocks nearest the East are very sparsely populated most matches. It is rarely more that 60% full.

There are a large number of 'restricted view seats. Indeed some would say that all seats are restricted view unless you stand on a seat.

There is plenty of room in the South Stand for those displaced East Stand season ticket holders and walk up supporters.

Dashing Bob S
14-12-2009, 05:06 PM
I think, without going down the Yam route and giving away season tickets which are devalued to the extent that nobody actually bothers attending the games, it might be an opportunity to introduce differential pricing.

The FF should be made even more appealing to families, while they should hammer home that bad behaviour is not only tolerated its positively encouraged in the east/ It should be a couple of quid cheaper than the west, which should be the preserve of the prawn sandwich brigade.

Personally, I feel a completed stadium will attract more new fans, turned off by the half-finished ambiance created by the existing east. If the Yams go tits up, there could be an increased demand from the west side of the city. "We can see you sneaking in..."

soupy
14-12-2009, 05:19 PM
If its true, dont think ill miss the usual steanch of pi$h, that fills your lungs as soon as ye walk into the bog.:greengrin

gogse
14-12-2009, 05:38 PM

I believe (but could be wrong) that the atmosphere (singing and bouncing) is mostly produced by around 15 to 30 year olds and as a majority of these fans might be pay at gate, I think a system where you can point to the seat /section you want at the turnstile, allows the more vocal of the crowd to congregate in the same area (as we used to in the terracing).
I think at the moment when you pay at gate you are given a seat number with no choice or preference (correct me if I’m wrong). I also know that this system is not adhered to in the east and thus the reason for the good atmosphere, but if the new stand regulations are adhered to and the vocal walk up fans are spattered about the stand the atmosphere will surely be lost.:dunno:

Pete70
14-12-2009, 05:39 PM
I remember a recent statement from the club saying that we would be "breaking ground" on the new stand shortly. This did not mean we were building it, just that we needed to do this to activate our building certificate before it ran out at the end of this season.

I wonder if this is the work being referred to, rather than the actual build. The statement also mentioned that fans would probably not even notice the work being done as it was fairly minor.

Thought I'd mention it, in case this was the case. (if you know what I mean :wink:)

That's my recollection of what Petrie said at the AGM. IIRC he also said there was still a funding gap and that actual bulding of the stand would be put on holdt

frazeHFC
14-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Why 1 tier, i think it would look much cooler with 2 like every other tier

the happy hibee
14-12-2009, 05:50 PM
I was told the same thing a month ago that they were building the new east stand and it was starting at the end of january! before anyone asks my SAUCE was from someone lets just say is at grounds level :wink:! from the happy hibee son

MSK
14-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Why 1 tier, i think it would look much cooler with 2 like every other tierFinancial reasons ..

_hucks_
14-12-2009, 06:06 PM
I believe (but could be wrong) that the atmosphere (singing and bouncing) is mostly produced by around 15 to 30 year olds and as a majority of these fans might be pay at gate, I think a system where you can point to the seat /section you want at the turnstile, allows the more vocal of the crowd to congregate in the same area (as we used to in the terracing).
I think at the moment when you pay at gate you are given a seat number with no choice or preference (correct me if I’m wrong). I also know that this system is not adhered to in the east and thus the reason for the good atmosphere, but if the new stand regulations are adhered to and the vocal walk up fans are spattered about the stand the atmosphere will surely be lost.:dunno:

Given that the majority of people coming through the turnstyles do it in the last 15 minutes before kick off, the turnstyle operators are just trying to get folks through as quickly as possible, and i would think that G4S wouldnt be happy with them having to do that extra work.

Lofarl
14-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Oh great so now Im gonna be punted to the south stand for the season run in. I for one dont want to sit anywhere near away fans, degenerate smellies most of them are. Plus can you imagine being in earshot of that lovable Glesga patter while we are hoofing them. What if the wind changes and Im forced to inhale the smell of urine soaked rags the yam fans are wearing?

If this is true I want a seat in the west. I can't stand sitting behind the goals. The FF stand is not for me and the south is not suitable either. I hope the work is done at the end of season. Hell I'd be happy for work to continue at the opening of next season.

Onceinawhile
14-12-2009, 06:10 PM
I would be surprised if this was true, I also do not think it is.

*this does not mean it wont happen or isn't correct.

lapsedhibee
14-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Bit disappointed that the overall capacity will be only 21,000 when relegation- haunted Hertz' new main stand will bring their capacity up to 23,000 which will make them the big team in Edinburgh.

IWasThere2016
14-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Bit disappointed that the overall capacity will be only 21,000 when relegation- haunted Hertz' new main stand will bring their capacity up to 23,000 which will make them the big team in Edinburgh.

:greengrin

magpie1892
14-12-2009, 06:18 PM

What do you mean make them the big team in Edinburgh?

Know your place you peg-selling underling.

Calvin
14-12-2009, 06:30 PM
This is fantastic news - I was starting to doubt if this was actually going to happen but looks like it is.

Once this is completed it marks the start of a new era for the club. All our infrastructure is complete. We will own a good stadium and own an excellent training ground. We are reasonably sound financially, especially when compared to our fellow SPL clubs and have a good on pitch product. Things are good :greengrin

Bob Box Fish
14-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Part of me thinks:

New stand = Great, better facilities, potential bigger crowds for derbies / european nights in the future and one of the best stadiums in the country.

Other half of me thinks:

Why not invest money in the playing squad to make us even stronger and try and challenge for european football (min) and cups every season? Pull further away from Hearts and closer to the OF.

Increase crowds with current stadium first then build a bigger one. Once we can get close to capacity against D Utd / Aberdeen type games is the ideal trigger.

If we had maybe 3 or 4 quality players added to the current pool maybe we could pip Rangers to 2nd as they are only getting worse and more broke!

Overall, pleased we are moving forward and in the right direction but would rather more investment in the team as now is the time to try and split a p$%$ poor old firm.

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Does anyone know what they are saying over the road about this?

Arch Stanton
14-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Oh great so now Im gonna be punted to the south stand for the season run in. I for one dont want to sit anywhere near away fans, degenerate smellies most of them are. Plus can you imagine being in earshot of that lovable Glesga patter while we are hoofing them. What if the wind changes and Im forced to inhale the smell of urine soaked rags the yam fans are wearing?

If this is true I want a seat in the west. I can't stand sitting behind the goals. The FF stand is not for me and the south is not suitable either. I hope the work is done at the end of season. Hell I'd be happy for work to continue at the opening of next season.

You never know, you might be lucky and get put into the hospitality seating in the West Upper - that has to be a possibility for disgruntled fans like yourself. :greengrin

matty_f
14-12-2009, 06:43 PM

nothing - they're too busy tugging themselves off at seeing another game without a goal at the weekend.

Hibbyradge
14-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Part of me thinks:

New stand = Great, better facilities, potential bigger crowds for derbies / european nights in the future and one of the best stadiums in the country.

Other half of me thinks:

Why not invest money in the playing squad to make us even stronger and try and challenge for european football (min) and cups every season? Pull further away from Hearts and closer to the OF.

Increase crowds with current stadium first then build a bigger one. Once we can get close to capacity against D Utd / Aberdeen type games is the ideal trigger.

If we had maybe 3 or 4 quality players added to the current pool maybe we could pip Rangers to 2nd as they are only getting worse and more broke!

Overall, pleased we are moving forward and in the right direction but would rather more investment in the team as now is the time to try and split a p$%$ poor old firm.

Hibs are doing both.

Liam Miller, Anthony Stokes, Kevin McBride, Ian Murray, Derek Riordan.

That's a pretty good investment in the playing side. :wink:

The East stand is a tip. It HAS to be replaced.

With raw materials and interest rates at their lowest in living memory, now is the time to do it.

Broken Gnome
14-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Part of me thinks:

Other half of me thinks:

I'd imagine the money that's been raised and ringfenced for the new stand can't simply be designated as funds for new players. The hard part is actually paying for the stand; Hibs are now in a position to do that (it seems), wouldn't really make budgetory sense to use it for other means. Not something you can speculate to accumulate on.

Hainan Hibs
14-12-2009, 06:47 PM

After they control their jealousy it will be back to the stammerings of

"eh...eh...eh....108 years!.eh.eh.eh...big team!....eh.eh.eh....attendances!....eh.eh..eh...1 08 big, wait..eh..108 years!...eh.."

Get it roond ye yams, get it right roond ye's :bye:

Bob Box Fish
14-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Hibs are doing both.

Liam Miller, Anthony Stokes, Kevin McBride, Ian Murray, Derek Riordan.

That's a pretty good investment in the playing side. :wink:

Agreed, though another say four of the above standard and I think we would have a better team than rangers if you consider Zemmana, Bamba and Wotherspoon too.

I am greedy and want more!

scoopyboy
14-12-2009, 07:01 PM
I would be surprised if this was true, I also do not think it is.

*this does not mean it wont happen or isn't correct.

Quote me odds on it happening and how big a stake would you be prepared to accept at those odds.

*It's happening ok, first bit is tongue in cheek

jdships
14-12-2009, 07:17 PM
I read the first 80 odd posts on this thread and could not make my mind up who I believed !!.
However my son, a civil engineer, has just phoned to say
" ...this must be a distinct possibility as building contractors are "creaming" themselves trying to pick up decent sized contracts . Ridiculous quotes , some not far over cost, are being offered.
Having said that have heard nothing on the "grapevine "

Time will tell !!

:flag:

iwasthere1972
14-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Folks

TQM

Brilliant news. :thumbsup:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Not bad for a wee team for any Yams who are reading this. :greengrin

Hanny
14-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Folks

TQM

I heard this today as well.

Details I'd heard was demolition to commence 1st February 2010 with an estimated completion date of 1st August 2010.

Happy days if true :notworthy:

Billy Whizz
14-12-2009, 07:40 PM
This makes good sense with regards to fixtures. After the Hearts game on 3rd January, we will only have Celtic of the usual sell outs as Easter Rd. As the Yams will be in the bottom 6 we are are hardly likely to get a 2nd game at ER against them this season!

Mibbes Aye
14-12-2009, 07:51 PM

Damn them to hell :grr:

They're not only ensuring they have a team that's big and physical, they have to build a new stand that's also bigger and no doubt more physically-imposing.

Anyone would think they were compensating for something else that was lacking.

The fear of relegation seems to be inspiring them to all manners of boldness :agree:

Sir David Gray
14-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Why 1 tier, i think it would look much cooler with 2 like every other tier

It would look much better but apparently the running costs/upkeep for a two tier stand are much greater than a one tier stand.

Also, the club were encouraged to make it a one tier stand when they did a fans survey a while ago and most people who filled in the form said they would prefer for it to be one tier as it would create a better atmosphere than two tiers.

Which is, in my opinion, not true as is shown when Rangers and Celtic fill the two tiers of the South Stand and make a large amount of noise.

Obviously pretty much anything would be an improvement on the current East Stand, which is well past its sell by date to say the least, but I'm like yourself in that I would much prefer to see a new two tier stand that would look like the other three stands.

I can fully understand that when the club is making their decisions, they would take financial concerns into consideration, particularly given the current economic situation, but I personally think this new stand will look a little odd if it's just a one tier job.

BigKev
14-12-2009, 09:01 PM
It would look much better but apparently the running costs/upkeep for a two tier stand are much greater than a one tier stand.

Also, the club were encouraged to make it a one tier stand when they did a fans survey a while ago and most people who filled in the form said they would prefer for it to be one tier as it would create a better atmosphere than two tiers.

Which is, in my opinion, not true as is shown when Rangers and Celtic fill the two tiers of the South Stand and make a large amount of noise.

Obviously pretty much anything would be an improvement on the current East Stand, which is well past its sell by date to say the least, but I'm like yourself in that I would much prefer to see a new two tier stand that would look like the other three stands.

I can fully understand that when the club is making their decisions, they would take financial concerns into consideration, particularly given the current economic situation, but I personally think this new stand will look a little odd if it's just a one tier job.

I saw a mock up of the one tier stand and have to say it looked outstanding. :agree:

It's the exact same size as the others and the seats will be at the same angle as the top tier of the West so should hold the "intimidation" factor when playing the OF and Yams.

The fact it's about £1 million cheaper and saves around £200k in costs a year are a bonus.

sleeping giant
14-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Folks

TQM

You obviously dont post much on the bounce then G !:greengrin

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1134487&postcount=3 :faf:

No offence to the mighty fine poster that is Southfieldhibby :cool2:

RoYO!
14-12-2009, 09:04 PM
check the east stand consultation forum for mock ups if anyones interested

monktonharp
14-12-2009, 09:11 PM
I can see why you'd be annoyed but IMO the club are right to annoy a few fans by delaying the announcement until half ST's are sold rather than announcing it before and risking selling fewer tickets.

To look on the bright side it'll be the same people getting moved to the south and as a stand it'll produce a better atmosphere than the east does as proven by the noise most teams away fans make when visiting E.R:agree:this was one of the reasons Igot an East stand ST this season,half of it in the East,for nostalgia,,,,,2nd half in the DUNBAR END with the guarantee of a seat in the new East. I'll be delighted if it happens soon. and yeah,your right about the noise from the away end.

Antifa Hibs
14-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Gutted to see it go, could ruin the whole matchday experience completely :boo hoo:

On the bright side, sharing a south stand with Rangers, Celtic and possibly Aberdeen and Hearts could be fun :greengrin

Woody1985
14-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Financial reasons ..

I think the one tier will give it a bit more charachter (well as much as possible in a new stadium). Stadiums that are identicle right around look a bit bland IMO.

Woody1985
14-12-2009, 09:45 PM
I read the first 80 odd posts on this thread and could not make my mind up who I believed !!.
However my son, a civil engineer, has just phoned to say
" ...this must be a distinct possibility as building contractors are "creaming" themselves trying to pick up decent sized contracts . Ridiculous quotes , some not far over cost, are being offered.
Having said that have heard nothing on the "grapevine "

Time will tell !!

:flag:

If that's the case it benefits everyone, we get the work cheap and businesses keep enough work to keep them ticking over until things pick up.

Hainan Hibs
14-12-2009, 10:00 PM
I think the argument of all atmosphere lost is pish to be honest.

When you are in the FF Upper it's like there is a complete open space to the left of you, and the East isn't as loud as people make out.

With a big one tier stand the stadium will be a lot more closed in, keeping in the sound and I think it will improve the atmospher overall.

Antifa Hibs
14-12-2009, 10:04 PM
I think the argument of all atmosphere lost is pish to be honest.

When you are in the FF Upper it's like there is a complete open space to the left of you, and the East isn't as loud as people make out.

With a big one tier stand the stadium will be a lot more closed in, keeping in the sound and I think it will improve the atmospher overall.

The East is pesh, but the fact is its better than everywhere else in the ground, so what does that say about the rest?

It's the standing i'll miss most.

No doubt Hibs will just be using me, happy for me to stand and pay over 3 ton a season for that cesspit (which I love) as no-one else will, but when theres a shiny new stand in place they'll want families and rich kids who'll spend a ton on pies, strips and scarves. :boo hoo:

Pedantic_Hibee
14-12-2009, 10:05 PM
What we need is a Livi drummer. :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
14-12-2009, 10:11 PM
The East is pesh, but the fact is its better than everywhere else in the ground, so what does that say about the rest?

No doubt Hibs will just be using me, happy for me to stand and pay over 3 ton a season for that cesspit (which I love) as no-one else will, but when theres a shiny new stand in place they'll want families and rich kids who'll spend a ton on pies, strips and scarves. :boo hoo:

I think Hibs have been listening to the fans and know that atmosphere is a big thing for people in the east, and I think that was the reasoning behind a one tier stand instead of two.

Families will be encouraged to go to the FF, and if no don't worry, I'll be in the East swearing like a trooper scaring them away anyway :greengrin

ChrissyG1875
14-12-2009, 10:13 PM

I disagree, as woody said, it would look really boring and generic if all the stands looked the same. This way, it saves a lot of money, looks a bit more impressive and will make for a better atmosphere.

The_Horde
14-12-2009, 10:16 PM

It has a lot to do with the atmosphere of the East, and it's got nothing to do with singing songs.

It just feels more like everybody is together whereas sitting in the west and/or FF (from my experience) feels a bit like going to the cinema most of the time.

MartinfaePorty
14-12-2009, 10:33 PM
I think this might improve the atmosphere, as there's a load of folk, myself and mates included, who loved the atmosphere, but hated the view, and who'll be looking to move back over from the West.

Sir David Gray
14-12-2009, 10:45 PM
I disagree, as woody said, it would look really boring and generic if all the stands looked the same. This way, it saves a lot of money, looks a bit more impressive and will make for a better atmosphere.

I just really prefer for things like this to be symmetrical. It might sound daft but I think that three two tier stands and one single tier stand will look odd.

I totally understand their decision from a financial point of view, as I have already said. I'm not too sure how it would look any more impressive than a two tier stand, though and I really do not agree that a one tier stand will generate a better atmosphere than a two tier stand would.

IWasThere2016
14-12-2009, 10:52 PM

Dozen or so posts o'er there - clearly they were all good ones tho :greengrin

madabouthibs
14-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Theres a couple of Hibs kids games in Jan/Feb too, they usually bump the crowd up a bit. I think the last one is mid-february. Most HK's usually sit in the South right enough.... :agree:

sleeping giant
14-12-2009, 11:39 PM

Well you better get over there as some guy fi broxburn is telling them you talk p1sh:greengrin

CB_NO3
15-12-2009, 01:02 AM
I think a single tier stand will generate a better atmosphere than a 2 tier stand, and as people say the atmosphere in the East is poor now anyway. Am just worried about playing in a half empty stadium. Our crowds so far this season have been poor. Can you imagine playing in a 21k seated stadium with only 12k at the game.

monktonharp
15-12-2009, 01:25 AM
we used to play in front of 5000 fans when the old terraces were there.not good,but 12/13000 crowds with a new East will be better than what we have,with everything in place at the right time,i'm sure of that. the old stand just has no place in Hibernian's future. leave the likes o' that to Morton Dunfy HoMFC etc.

The_Sauz
15-12-2009, 03:43 AM
Well you better get over there as some guy fi broxburn is telling them you talk p1sh:greengrin
It's no me :greengrin

:notworthy:

Steve-O
15-12-2009, 05:47 AM
I just really prefer for things like this to be symmetrical. It might sound daft but I think that three two tier stands and one single tier stand will look odd.

I totally understand their decision from a financial point of view, as I have already said. I'm not too sure how it would look any more impressive than a two tier stand, though and I really do not agree that a one tier stand will generate a better atmosphere than a two tier stand would.

It does sound daft because there are LOADS of grounds that are not symmetrical all over the world.

These include; Ibrox, Celtic Park, Old Trafford, Anfield, Goodison Park, St James's Park, Stadium of Light, Hampden, Stamford Bridge...etc etc etc.

IWasThere2016
15-12-2009, 06:05 AM

What can I say - I'm Marmite :greengrin

Nando™
15-12-2009, 06:06 AM
It does sound daft because there are LOADS of grounds that are not symmetrical all over the world.

These include; Ibrox, Celtic Park, Old Trafford, Anfield, Goodison Park, St James's Park, Stadium of Light, Hampden, Stamford Bridge...etc etc etc.
I've been saying this for years.

Building one stand slightly differently can give a stadium it's own unique look.

benji49
15-12-2009, 06:16 AM
Oh that would really upset the grunts from the west of town. :greengrin:notworthy:
Seems to be happening too quick, would be great though.:wink:

CB_NO3
15-12-2009, 06:16 AM
I've been saying this for years.

Building one stand slightly differently can give a stadium it's own unique look.

I agree with you, it gives the stadium that bit character. Look at all the rubbish dial a stadiums in England that are so boring and they all look the same. The stadiums I am talking about are The Riverside, St Mary's, Stadium of Light and Pride Park and so on. There is no character what so ever at their grounds. On the other hand stadiums like Tannadice are just a shambles because all their stands are different. I think our stadium will look cool with a high single tier stand.

joe breezy
15-12-2009, 06:18 AM
I was at the new Cardiff stadium the other week, which is kinda single tier.

19 000 fans and the atmosphere was terrible compared to Ninian Park - sad really, bring back the 80s that what I say

benji49
15-12-2009, 06:20 AM
I agree with you, it gives the stadium that bit character. Look at all the rubbish dial a stadiums in England that are so boring and they all look the same. The stadiums I am talking about are The Riverside, St Mary's, Stadium of Light and Pride Park and so on. There is no character what so ever at their grounds. On the other hand stadiums like Tannadice are just a shambles because all their stands are different. I think our stadium will look cool with a high single tier stand.

Tannadice is mental, do you remember their old terracing opposite the main stand.
How there was never a serious incident on that ski slope.
As for the new stand, will look good.

benji49
15-12-2009, 06:22 AM

19 000 fans and the atmosphere was terrible compared to Ninian Park - sad really, bring back the 80s that what I say

19000 cardboard cut outs then.:wink:

CB_NO3
15-12-2009, 06:24 AM

The atmosphere at Easter Road is poor these days. Unless we are playing one of the old firm or Hearts. Am sure when Bristol City or Swansae play Cardiff at their new ground there will be a good atmosphere.

Hibs90
15-12-2009, 06:27 AM
This would make sense about the finance director leaving. :wink:

IWasThere2016
15-12-2009, 06:29 AM

There's another tool saying I get 1 in 12 right :faf:

joe breezy
15-12-2009, 06:37 AM
19000 cardboard cut outs then.:wink:

Nah, just compared to what it used to be - it was still better than Easter Road category B games but compared to the atmosphere thety used to have it was poor, it does hold 30 000 and if I'd been asked to estimate the crowd would have said 14 000.

I'd like safe standing areas but can't see it happening...

scoopyboy
15-12-2009, 07:00 AM

Does Ibrox, Hampden and Celtic Park not have a line of symmetry?

Basically extend the centre line on the pitch and there are mirror images either side of the line.

I agree a stadium does not have to be symmetrical, as long as they blend in then that's fine by me.

I defy anyone to find a line of symmetry at Tannadice.

M8UDB
15-12-2009, 07:10 AM
Hope this is true and is going ahead. My season ticket is in the east and it wouldnt bother me one bit sitting in the south for the rest of the season. I can watch the new east taking shape at each home game and pick out which seat i want when its finished :thumbsup:

PiemanP
15-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Am I the only one that likes the East just the way it is?

I like the fact that i cant see the south stand corner flag, that i have to squint round pillars, the fact that i can stand on my seat for 90 mins without an @rsehole telling me to sit down, the low roof, ending up 10 rows from where you sit when we score against the yams! All these things for me give the stand a character that the other 3 dont have.

I've sat in the west/FF a few times, and its like sitting in a souless pieces of lego, while in the east you feel like your part of teh game, and watching football like it was meant to be watched!

Steve-O
15-12-2009, 07:32 AM
Does Ibrox, Hampden and Celtic Park not have a line of symmetry?

Basically extend the centre line on the pitch and there are mirror images either side of the line.

I agree a stadium does not have to be symmetrical, as long as they blend in then that's fine by me.

I defy anyone to find a line of symmetry at Tannadice.

Celtic Park? Not really? 3 sides the same, 1 side different?

Hampden has a 2 tier on one side and single the rest.

Ibrox has a 3 tier and the rest 2 tier?

A single tier at ER will look fine. 4 identical stands would be boring IMO.

Dashing Bob S
15-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Can we have a webcam again? Perhaps a split screen one with the other camera on the asbestos stand at the PBS, so we can compare progress?

CB_NO3
15-12-2009, 07:47 AM

I like the fact that i cant see the south stand corner flag, that i have to squint round pillars, the fact that i can stand on my seat for 90 mins without an @rsehole telling me to sit down, the low roof, ending up 10 rows from where you sit when we score against the yams! All these things for me give the stand a character that the other 3 dont have.

I've sat in the west/FF a few times, and its like sitting in a souless pieces of lego, while in the east you feel like your part of teh game, and watching football like it was meant to be watched!

I like it aswell, but its going to go in the next few years whether we like it or no, so we may aswell accept the fact. There must be a way that we can get some sort of standing back, the Germans pull in the biggest crowds in world football and if they can do it, surely a small country like us can do it. Its not as if crowds in Scottish Football are even big these days

Nando™
15-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Another thing I'm looking forward to, after finally being able to watch the game from a completely unrestricted viewing point, is seeing the replays from a different camera position. Because to be honest I'm not 100% happy with the way it is currently.

hibsbollah
15-12-2009, 07:57 AM
I like it aswell, but its going to go in the next few years whether we like it or no, so we may aswell accept the fact. There must be a way that we can get some sort of standing back, the Germans pull in the biggest crowds in world football and if they can do it, surely a small country like us can do it. Its not as if crowds in Scottish Football are even big these days

:agree:It would be pretty simple to create a singing and standing 'section' with some organisation. Newcastle fans have done it in a much bigger and soulless stadium than the new East stand would be. You just get a group of fans that want to be noisy to apply en masse for the seats at that part of the new stand, and unofficially (through a website or whatever) let other fans know that is what will be created. Its worked well for them. check out the toon ultras website (cheezy name i know).

MrSmith
15-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Symetry will be fine!

Although the stand is single tier, it is the same height and length as the west stand.

southfieldhibby

None taken sir :thumbsup:

Dunno about that, was trying to do my Kofi Annan bit for bounce/net relations.:wink:
Hope your wrong on this Mr Quiet, I do enjoy the east and my half-time ciggie.

scoopyboy
Celtic Park? Not really? 3 sides the same, 1 side different?

Hampden has a 2 tier on one side and single the rest.

Ibrox has a 3 tier and the rest 2 tier?

A single tier at ER will look fine. 4 identical stands would be boring IMO.

You are correct in your description of the three stadia.

I think you aren't aware what a line of symmetry is.

If you look at the plan of the three stadiums and draw aline across the centre line then in all three cases you have a line of symmetry.

Andy74
15-12-2009, 08:16 AM
You are correct in your description of the three stadia.

I think you aren't aware what a line of symmetry is.

If you look at the plan of the three stadiums and draw aline across the centre line then in all three cases you have a line of symmetry.

Maybe this is your point but so would Easter Road, apart from the cut out bits at the back of behind the goals.

Mapden and Celtic Park are only symetrical if you cut along the half way line, that would be the case here as well.

CallumLaidlaw
15-12-2009, 08:36 AM
thread started on kickback now. Here's the first comment -

Going to be 1 tier, well sounds about right for the wee team.

:faf::faf::faf:

Diclonius
15-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Going to be 1 tier, well sounds about right for the wee team.

There's something wrong about that statement.. I just can't quite put my mind on what it actually is.

Wait - oh yeah. ALL OF TYNECASTLE.

matty_f
15-12-2009, 08:44 AM
thread started on kickback now. Here's the first comment -

:faf::faf::faf:

Thier two tier stand has a walkway to separate the two 'tiers'. :faf:

blackpoolhibs
15-12-2009, 08:47 AM
1 tier or 2, it will still be built to a much higher spec, than the lego stands at the bus shelter. And more importantly, the seats wont be pink. Fuds.:jamboak:

Steve-O
15-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Maybe this is your point but so would Easter Road, apart from the cut out bits at the back of behind the goals.

Mapden and Celtic Park are only symetrical if you cut along the half way line, that would be the case here as well.

Now I am thinking scoopy is actually agreeing with what I am saying?

For some reason I was cutting a line down the middle of the pitch from goal to goal rather than across halfway!

Alas, this is not the 'symmetry' that the 2 tier brigade (:wink:) are talking about.

Part/Time Supporter
15-12-2009, 08:55 AM
There's something wrong about that statement.. I just can't quite put my mind on what it actually is.

Wait - oh yeah. ALL OF TYNECASTLE.

They laughably pretend that the bottom 7/8 rows in each of the modern stands are a "lower tier" of each stand, and HOMFC charge a smaller price for sitting in said "tier". Which becomes quite surreal when it pisses with rain during a game, as it did in their recent home defeat against St. Johnstone, because most of the folk who bought a ticket for said lower tier just stroll up the flight of stairs to the "upper" tier.

IWasThere2016
15-12-2009, 08:58 AM
None taken sir :thumbsup:

Dunno about that, was trying to do my Kofi Annan bit for bounce/net relations.:wink:

Hope your wrong on this Mr Quiet, I do enjoy the east and my half-time ciggie.

Think you're gonna be disappointed S

Speedway
15-12-2009, 08:59 AM

Even if it was two tier, it wouldn't be symmetrical as the cut off bits of the south and FF see to that.

One tier is what the fans who were asked said they wanted but the real reason for it is the cost.

I wonder if the buy a prick scheme will get underway now.

Symetry will be fine!

Although the stand is single tier, it is the same height and length as the west stand.

:agree: Nevermind the quality, enjoy the length.

JimBHibees
15-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Can we have a webcam again? Perhaps a split screen one with the other camera on the asbestos stand at the PBS, so we can compare progress?

:faf::faf:

Hibs On Tour
15-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Even if it was two tier, it wouldn't be symmetrical as the cut off bits of the south and FF see to that.

One tier is what the fans who were asked said they wanted but the real reason for it is the cost.

Rangers have already bought ours though?... KT! :greengrin

scoopyboy
15-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Now I am thinking scoopy is actually agreeing with what I am saying?

For some reason I was cutting a line down the middle of the pitch from goal to goal rather than across halfway!

Alas, this is not the 'symmetry' that the 2 tier brigade (:wink:) are talking about.

Not looking for an agument at all here Steve-O or Andy 74.

I think even one line of symmetry is better than none.

It's the one's with no line of symmetry like Motherwell, Aberdeen and especially Dundee Utd that I think look hellish.

The stadium will look just fine and dandy when the fourth side is done.

I assume the East will be the same height as the other three.

Peevemor
15-12-2009, 09:09 AM
They laughably pretend that the bottom 7/8 rows in each of the modern stands are a "lower tier" of each stand, and HOMFC charge a smaller price for sitting in said "tier". Which is quite funny until you consider that when it pisses with rain during a game, as it did in their recent home defeat against St. Johnstone, most of the folk who bought a ticket for said lower tier just stroll up the flight of stairs to the "upper" tier.

If you follow the line of the front of the roof, down the steel columns in the corners, you can see that the front 2-3 rows of seats aren't covered at all. Big teams obviously have important reasons for that sort of stuff that we wouldn't understand. :dunno:

scoopyboy
15-12-2009, 09:10 AM

agreed

Part/Time Supporter
15-12-2009, 09:19 AM

Are Mikey Stewart and Katie Thomson coming back?

:confused: :cool2:

Ritchie
15-12-2009, 09:29 AM
What a relief, get rid of that eyesore and turn its occupants into decent folk who sit down in the seat and stop singing outrageous songs. Can't come soon enough IMO.

aye, very good :yawn:

anyway, first off im gutted that we'lll lose the terracin, after having a season ticket there for over a decade, i've grown to love it.

but i am a tad excited to see easter road developed.

one thing id like to know though is how the priority system will work for seats in the new stand.

i have (IMO) perfect seats in the terracing, right at the half way line and have sat there for years, so i expect a seat on the half way line in the new stand.
will we get to buy our equivalent seat in the new stand (as in same block/area)????

id be raging if i dont manage to get to the ticket office or anything like that on time and some new half season ticket holder who has just come out the woodwork cause we are playing well get the best seats.

Ritchie
15-12-2009, 09:32 AM

i agree, but it is dated.

its time to move on :boo hoo:

Keith_M
15-12-2009, 09:36 AM
one thing id like to know though is how the priority system will work for seats in the new stand.

i have (IMO) perfect seats in the terracing, right at the half way line and have sat there for years, so i expect a seat on the half way line in the new stand.
will we get to buy our equivalent seat in the new stand (as in same block/area)????

I'm not an East stand ST holder but I think it would be only fair if the current ST holders for that stand were given first pick of where to sit. The club could have something like a two week period in which current East Stand ST holders are the only ones that can buy seats for that stand, then it could be opened to ST holders from other parts of the ground, then to the general public.

scoopyboy

anyway, first off im gutted that we'lll lose the terracin, after having a season ticket there for over a decade, i've grown to love it.

id be raging if i dont manage to get to the ticket office or anything like that on time and some new half season ticket holder who has just come out the woodwork cause we are playing well get the best seats.

My understanding is that you will get first pick of the seats along with other current East Stand season ticket holders.

Saorsa

I've sat in the west/FF a few times, and its like sitting in a souless pieces of lego, while in the east you feel like your part of teh game, and watching football like it was meant to be watched!No you're not I've sat in the other stands and tae be perfectly frank I thought it was crap but apparetntly it's progress :boo hoo:

MB62
15-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Absolutely no disrespect meant to TQM, who does tend to come up with some reliable gems, but people seem to be taking this piece of news from the man as a done deal. I very much hope it is correct but until such times as the club announce this officially, I will treat such a huge revelation as the rumour that it is, for the moment.
Like the 'Yams in administration' threads we constantly get, I've heard this one before too.

Sorry TQM, maybe just get a bit cynical in my old age.

Saorsa
15-12-2009, 09:38 AM
aye, very good :yawn::agree:

iwasthere1972
15-12-2009, 09:39 AM
I for one can't wait for the East Terracing to be pulled down and replaced with a decent stand with proper facilities and from where I'll be able to get a good view of the pitch. :tin hat:

All this talk that the atmosphere will disappear is a load of cobblers. If folk want to sing then they will sing regardless of whether they're standing on a bench or standing up next to their seat. :agree:

The only difference it will make to me is that I won't be able to have a half-time :cb

Ritchie
15-12-2009, 09:42 AM
My understanding is that you will get first pick of the seats along with other current East Stand season ticket holders.

but does that mean someone who sits at the north or south side of the east stand could move to the middle of the new stand??

if so that means people with crap seats in the terracing at the moment could get the best seats in the new stand if they are quicker.

surely its fairer that you get the opportunity to renew your ticket in the equivalent block.

MyJo
15-12-2009, 09:45 AM

i'd imagine hibs would allocate seats to existing season ticket holders in the equivalent block to which they are sitting just now and let those that want to stay in the same place do that before allowing other eaststanders the option to swap seats within the stand, then opening it up to others who want to transfer from the west or FF

Ritchie
15-12-2009, 09:49 AM
i'd imagine hibs would allocate seats to existing season ticket holders in the equivalent block to which they are sitting just now and let those that want to stay in the same place do that before allowing other eaststanders the option to swap seats within the stand, then opening it up to others who want to transfer from the west or FF

that would be the fairest and most sensible option :pray:

GreenCastle
15-12-2009, 09:50 AM
If ture - then I am shocked as thought they had put it back for a bit....

But I think the new single tiered stand would look great and will complete the stadium for the time being = we can then in future focus on just whats on the field - as we will have a very impressive infrastructure especially as an SPL club.

I think the atmosphere can be created - it's whose there that makes it.

However I think a singing section has to be involved in a section near to the middle/south stand.

Several clubs around the world have them and they all seem to work well - meaning singing at all games and not just the big games.

There would be nothing wrong with the club giving it a shot as I think they would be pleasantly surprised with how popular it would be. :agree:

--------
15-12-2009, 09:58 AM
If ture - then I am shocked as thought they had put it back for a bit....

But I think the new single tiered stand would look great and will complete the stadium for the time being = we can then in future focus on just whats on the field - as we will have a very impressive infrastructure especially as an SPL club.

I think the atmosphere can be created - it's whose there that makes it.

However I think a singing section has to be involved in a section near to the middle/south stand.

Several clubs around the world have them and they all seem to work well - meaning singing at all games and not just the big games.

There would be nothing wrong with the club giving it a shot as I think they would be pleasantly surprised with how popular it would be. :agree:

:agree: The one problem I can see is that a new stand would give the stewards and polis the chance to make people sit down throughout the game. This happens in the West and North Stands, and doesn't help the idea of having a singing section - which I think is a great idea and one I'd loove to see implemented at ER. I'd even have a BIG DRUM to start the 'gerrintaethum' chant going which used to be a feature when we were pressing down the slope in the old days....

Ozyhibby
15-12-2009, 10:03 AM
The thread on kickback about this is already a hoot and is only 8 post long.:thumbsup:

GreenCastle
15-12-2009, 10:04 AM
:agree: The one problem I can see is that a new stand would give the stewards and polis the chance to make people sit down throughout the game. This happens in the West and North Stands, and doesn't help the idea of having a singing section - which I think is a great idea and one I'd loove to see implemented at ER. I'd even have a BIG DRUM to start the 'gerrintaethum' chant going which used to be a feature when we were pressing down the slope in the old days....

I agree about the standing issue - think that is a massive part of the fun in the current East.

You still have people who stand up at the back rows of the North / West though.

Away fans sometimes stand up in the South and many have many stood througout in the East during big games and nothing been said over the tannoy.

So I think if people wanted to and did the fans may be able to get away with it ?

If not then a section in maybe one of the end blocks where you can buy a season ticket for a supporters section and understand when you buy it that you may be standing more often than other sections or to expect singing throughout the game as part of the clubs drive to improve atmosphere at ER.

Baw187
15-12-2009, 10:10 AM

I'd like to see a section where there would be a tollerance on standing up for those in the east that enjoy it. Obviously it's been tollerated in the East to date and therefore, would like to see that being the casein the new stand.

As for atmosphere, I think the new stand will help. I sit in the West and for big games or games where there's something to get excited about, there is singing in the West. I enjoy a song here and there and the only thing that stops me on occasion is the feeling that no one else is singing with you.

When the East is rife, that's enough to sing along to and the West can and does pick up on that. But the East as it is just now, smothers the sound, so when you're in the East you think you're tearing the roof down, when infact, it's not very dominating at all !!Trust me, I've had STs in both stands over the years.

I think a new stand will be more open to let the noise out and will keep it enclosed in the confounds of the stadia and if it sounds louder to the rest of the ground, the other stands WILL join in. I know I will.

Mon Dieu4
15-12-2009, 10:16 AM
but does that mean someone who sits at the north or south side of the east stand could move to the middle of the new stand??

if so that means people with crap seats in the terracing at the moment could get the best seats in the new stand if they are quicker.

surely its fairer that you get the opportunity to renew your ticket in the equivalent block.

In your opinion they are crap seats, Easter Road is hardly ever a sell out people normally have their season tickets where they like the view or enjoy it the most not because its the only place they could go.

Im sure your seat will be safe I mean it will only increase the capacity by about 3,000 so there will be more than enough of the "Best Seats" in the middle for every one if they so choose it:faf:

Beefster
15-12-2009, 10:22 AM
There's another tool saying I get 1 in 12 right :faf:

I think he meant 1 in 52.

:wink:

Disc O'Dave
15-12-2009, 10:26 AM

It'll be like a giant game of "Runaround" - we should get Mike Reid back from the grave to compere...G..G..G..Go!!!!!!

IWasThere2016
15-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Absolutely no disrespect meant to TQM, who does tend to come up with some reliable gems, but people seem to be taking this piece of news from the man as a done deal. I very much hope it is correct but until such times as the club announce this officially, I will treat such a huge revelation as the rumour that it is, for the moment.
Like the 'Yams in administration' threads we constantly get, I've heard this one before too.

Sorry TQM, maybe just get a bit cynical in my old age.

Nae worries. I note scoopyboy offering a big wager on this happening :wink: so I think others know about this also now.

CallumLaidlaw
15-12-2009, 11:19 AM
The thread on kickback about this is already a hoot and is only 8 post long.:thumbsup:

I know. Whats the point, when we won't fill it, etc, etc.
Cos they were gonna fill their 30,000 seater obviously. And I don't believe we have to give our tickets away to get people in the gate

Dibben
15-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Oh dear, you can actually tell they are gutted...

'Only a single tier - sounds about right for the wee team'

:faf: next time you go to Tynie mate, have a look around!!!

1 plum is trying to say that Tynie are 2 tier stands as they have 2 sections...

:dummytit: :bye:

BH.

in-me-pocket
15-12-2009, 11:55 AM
TQM - well done. A 5 page reel in. Good wind up.

FWIW - At least another 2 years before East Stand is touched.

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Oh dear, you can actually tell they are gutted...

'Only a single tier - sounds about right for the wee team'

:faf: next time you go to Tynie mate, have a look around!!!

1 plum is trying to say that Tynie are 2 tier stands as they have 2 sections...

:dummytit: :bye:

BH.

I’ve always wondered where the top tier is in the death-trap end at Tiny.

As for their one-tier home stand you’re almost sitting on the guy in front of you shoulder’s - it’s almost vertical!

Hibs90
15-12-2009, 12:01 PM

Baws.

Baldy
15-12-2009, 12:02 PM

I reckon the TQM is spot on the money with this info.

CropleyWasGod
15-12-2009, 12:04 PM

Way hey, I finally get to say it!!!!

SOURCE???

Woody1985
15-12-2009, 12:05 PM
It's only a 3 pager for me. :greengrin

BTW, for those that don't know, you can change your settings so that you can display more than 40 posts in a page.

--------
15-12-2009, 12:06 PM
It's only a 3 pager for me. :greengrin

BTW, for those that don't know, you can change your settings so that you can display more than 40 posts in a page.

You don't say.... :rolleyes:

thank you, Mr Gates. Nice to have you with us again. :wink:

The Voice Of Reason
15-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Sorry if this has been covered before (I'm currently at work and don't have the time to wade through the full thread), but have I picked up correctly that it will be a one tier stand only ?

IF so, I can't help feeling that that is a mistake.....how amazing would the ground look with 4x 2 tier stands. If the one tier option is due to lack of finance, would it not be better to wait until we have more dosh before building a 2 tier stand.

The existing one tier stand looks out of place (and outdated), I fear that the new one tier stand will look nice and shiny/new, but still look out of place.

Just my opinion likes :agree:

Hibs90
15-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Sorry if this has been covered before (I'm currently at work and don't have the time to wade through the full thread), but have I picked up correctly that it will be a one tier stand only ?

IF so, I can't help feeling that that is a mistake.....how amazing would the ground look with 4x 2 tier stands. If the one tier option is due to lack of finance, would it not be better to wait until we have more dosh before building a 2 tier stand.

The existing one tier stand looks out of place (and outdated), I fear that the new one tier stand will look nice and shiny/new, but still look out of place.

It will be the same height/number of seats as the West IIRC. So not really out of place.

Dibben
15-12-2009, 12:10 PM

IIRC the new stand will be as tall as the other 3 stands, so won't look that different!

I think the fact that borrowing is very cheap at the moment - as mentioned earlier - is a deciding factor in getting this done now!

BH.

Woody1985
15-12-2009, 12:12 PM
It will be the same height/number of seats as the West IIRC. So not really out of place.

:agree:

--------
15-12-2009, 12:16 PM

One tier, two tier, IKEA sectional multi-tier - I just think we need to get it built so we can concentrate on the team.

The East, unfortunately, is well past its sell-by date and must be getting close to the point when it won't get a safety certificate.

The new stand will indeed be the same height as the original 2-tier proposal. it will have the same ground area and profile. It will be built in such a way that if in future we wish to fill the corners, we can do that. Having seen the drawings and the computer images I can only say that IMO it will complete the stadium entirely creditably - we'll have the best stadium in the SPL apart from Ibrox. 21,000 seats, every one of which will have a clear view of the whole pitch.

MyJo
15-12-2009, 12:29 PM

Get an image of the west stand in your mind........now imagine, instead of the advertising hoardings & windows that break up the stand across the middle, the top tier continued down at the same angle to the ground creating a MASSIVE wall of green.....thats what the east will look like.

Now imagine that massive wall of green as a massive wall of frenzied hibees when we play in the Europa cup next season :wink:

lapsedhibee
15-12-2009, 12:40 PM

Do try and keep up. If you extend (using compasses and a straight edge, rather than the wee wheelie machine with the white paint that Tam McCourt used to use) the centre line to a point A just outside the west stand and a point B just outside the new east stand, the stadium will be found to be symmetrical about the line AB and the south and north halves of the stadium will be mirror images. Using this mathematical model nothing will look out of place, though even with advanced trigonometry in n dimensions, probability theory and quantum mechanics Wilkins will never be found outside the centre circle.

Rory89
15-12-2009, 12:43 PM
If I was a wiley business man with a moustache who ran a football club and wanted to sell some more half season tickets, I'd get some guy who everyone seems to know from a messageboard to tell everyone that the stand is getting knocked down, meaning you'd need an ST to be guarenteed a ticket for games.

That of course, would be if I was a wiley business man with a moustache who ran a football club and wanted to sell some more half season tickets. :wink:

The Voice Of Reason
15-12-2009, 12:51 PM

Thanks for your replies chaps, great news that it will be the same size/height as the West ! :thumbsup:

HAIL HAIL ! :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 12:54 PM
If I was a wiley business man with a moustache who ran a football club and wanted to sell some more half season tickets, I'd get some guy who everyone seems to know from a messageboard to tell everyone that the stand is getting knocked down, meaning you'd need an ST to be guarenteed a ticket for games.

That of course, would be if I was a wiley business man with a moustache who ran a football club and wanted to sell some more half season tickets. :wink:

And who better to tip off than a desperado who’s desperate to be first with the news.

Ell_Chrisso
15-12-2009, 12:58 PM
I wonder when we will get a visual of what the stand will actually look like..

jgl07
15-12-2009, 01:03 PM
I wonder when we will get a visual of what the stand will actually look like..
There is a graphic here:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=153002

Mikey
15-12-2009, 01:16 PM
There is a graphic here:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=153002

I'd say that the first one is closest to the mark. I was at the original listening group a year or so ago and that's not far off what I remember seeing.

Hibs won't release a picture until it's a done deal. They don't operate that way.

Criswell
15-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Surprised so many are giving this rumour any credence at all. It was announced at the recent AGM that the club had looked into the possibility of building a new East Stand but had decided that in the current conditions it was not viable(?)

It is difficult to imagine that anything has substantially changed in the interim.

Also, I find it inconceivable that the club would sell half-season tickets for the existing stand and not mention the redevelopment upheaval.

Since it appears that planning consent can be extended as long as intent to build can be shown, I don't foresee anything happening in the near future.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Never one to be outdone, Vlad, whilst admitting defeat on redeveloping the whole stadium has apparently opted to concentrate on the old stand.

Word is that Vlad will finance the deal himself it seems on one condition - the naming of the stand.

It is to be Christened "Vlad's Last Stand".

Then again he could decide to sell up and relocate to Murrayfield.

Hibhibhooray
15-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Don't want to sound negative but are we not getting just a bit carried away here. This has come from one source:cool2:.

Would be great if true and will make an impressive sight but lets not forget what was said at the agm.

I will watch on with fingers crossed but won't hold my breath.

Mon the Hibs:thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
15-12-2009, 01:35 PM

Never thought of that - good old wiley Uncle Rodders! :wink:

MyJo
15-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Don't want to sound negative but are we not getting just a bit carried away here. This has come from one source:cool2:.

Would be great if true and will make an impressive sight but lets not forget what was said at the agm.

I will watch on with fingers crossed but won't hold my breath.

Mon the Hibs:thumbsup:

Had it been TQM alone i would have been suspicious but he has got the backing of some proper "in the know" posters and there has been discussion about this on the private members board that backs up what is being said.

its a goer IMO

scoopyboy
15-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Surprised so many are giving this rumour any credence at all. It was announced at the recent AGM that the club had looked into the possibility of building a new East Stand but had decided that in the current conditions it was not viable(?)

It is difficult to imagine that anything has substantially changed in the interim.

Also, I find it inconceivable that the club would sell half-season tickets for the existing stand and not mention the redevelopment upheaval.

Since it appears that planning consent can be extended as long as intent to build can be shown, I don't foresee anything happening in the near future.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Since I started posting I have discovered (often to my cost) that there are a wide range of reliable posters (or at least ones I deem reliable) in terms of occupations.

This can vary from legal advice, architects, tradesmen, footballers, ex footballers, etc. A lot of them have one thing in common, namely that they do not want their name connected with information received by me. It is the same when I give them info.

Often myself and others have info that we would love to share on here but daren't as it could be traced directly back to someone who could get in trouble with their employers.

I have no doubt from info I have received that moves are afoot and destruction / construction will be happening soon.

--------
15-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Do try and keep up. If you extend (using compasses and a straight edge, rather than the wee wheelie machine with the white paint that Tam McCourt used to use) the centre line to a point A just outside the west stand and a point B just outside the new east stand, the stadium will be found to be symmetrical about the line AB and the south and north halves of the stadium will be mirror images. Using this mathematical model nothing will look out of place, though even with advanced trigonometry in n dimensions, probability theory and quantum mechanics Wilkins will never be found outside the centre circle.

Since I started posting I have discovered (often to my cost) that there are a wide range of reliable posters (or at least ones I deem reliable) in terms of occupations.

This can vary from legal advice, architects, tradesmen, footballers, ex footballers, etc. A lot of them have one thing in common, namely that they do not want their name connected with information received by me. It is the same when I give them info.

Often myself and others have info that we would love to share on here but daren't as it could be traced directly back to someone who could get in trouble with their employers.

I have no doubt from info I have received that moves are afoot and destruction / construction will be happening soon.

Jack
15-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Do you think they could include a floor that everyone can get stamping on, like the auld, auld only stand?

--------
15-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Do you think they could include a floor that everyone can get stamping on, like the auld, auld only stand?

Wouldn't think so.

That's why we need a BIG DRUM.... :devil:

MrSmith
15-12-2009, 02:05 PM
I think this is a great move by Hibs!

Once it's made official, I for one intend having a wee drink, sporting a rather large smile on my face :) secure in the knowledge that we are well and truly on the way up as a club, the wilderness years are gone and well worth the pain!

Mon the Hibees!!! :thumbsup:

lapsedhibee
15-12-2009, 02:16 PM
This would make sense about the finance director leaving. :wink:

Do you mean as in "Finance Director Storms Out In Row About Irresponsible Waste Of Money" or "Finance Director Able To Move On Now That Final Piece Of Jigsaw In Place"? :dunno: :hmmm:

IWasThere2016
15-12-2009, 02:26 PM
And who better to tip off than a desperado who’s desperate to be first with the news.

That's no what you said earlier Dunderheid! :wink:

MB62
15-12-2009, 02:31 PM
The new stand will indeed be the same height as the original 2-tier proposal. it will have the same ground area and profile. It will be built in such a way that if in future we wish to fill the corners, we can do that. Having seen the drawings and the computer images I can only say that IMO it will complete the stadium entirely creditably - we'll have the best stadium in the SPL apart from Ibrox. 21,000 seats, every one of which will have a clear view of the whole pitch.

Clear view that is, until some NUMPTY decides to leave the match early but then gets to the exit and decides to stand there with his mates for 5 minutes to watch more of the game. Of course the steward is not interested in moving them on and everybody that stays to watch right to the end, cannae see an effin thing for these jokers :grr:

IWasThere2016
15-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Had it been TQM alone i would have been suspicious but he has got the backing of some proper "in the know" posters and there has been discussion about this on the private members board that backs up what is being said.

its a goer IMO

That's libel ya booger!!! :grr:

--------
15-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Clear view that is, until some NUMPTY decides to leave the match early but then gets to the exit and decides to stand there with his mates for 5 minutes to watch more of the game. Of course the steward is not interested in moving them on and everybody that stays to watch right to the end, cannae see an effin thing for these jokers :grr:

I usually take my trusty numpty-gun to all games. I find it invaluable in the circumstances you outline here.

The last time I was in the East i was stuck with a pillar blocking my view to 20% of the pitch (including half of one goal). And the stewards wouldn't let me fire up my thermal lance... :boo hoo:

tamsonsbairn
15-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Im sure i have seen or heard about teams on the continent where they have something like a choirmaster who stands on a platform who is connected to the pa system where he can start all the chants and songs, anybody else seen or heard of this :notworthy:

Part/Time Supporter
15-12-2009, 02:52 PM
That's libel ya booger!!! :grr:

Seems quite reasonable to me

:dunno:

lapsedhibee
15-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Im sure i have seen or heard about teams on the continent where they have something like a choirmaster who stands on a platform who is connected to the pa system where he can start all the chants and songs, anybody else seen or heard of this :notworthy:

:agree: I think in Africa (or some jungle anyway) they had a boy called Andy Cameroon who did something like that.

Jack
15-12-2009, 02:57 PM

Yes I have. Sometimes there's two or three of them.

Will you lead the choir? :greengrin

hibeemark
15-12-2009, 03:02 PM
@ The Quiet Man

Do you honestly believe that Hibs would sell half season tickets for the east stand to supporters without informing them that they would only actually be in those seats for 2-3 games in january? :dunno:

Whatever else may be open to speculation, I can't see Hibs doing that. Surely Hibs would have mentioned to those buying the half-season tickets that after a month they would be relocated to the south? :dunno:

That, coupled with what was said at the AGM about the new stand being put on hold, makes this rumour sound highly unlikely, in my opinion. :bitchy:

Gingertosser
15-12-2009, 03:14 PM
@ The Quiet Man

Do you honestly believe that Hibs would sell half season tickets for the east stand to supporters without informing them that they would only actually be in those seats for 2-3 games in january? :dunno:

Whatever else may be open to speculation, I can't see Hibs doing that. Surely Hibs would have mentioned to those buying the half-season tickets that after a month they would be relocated to the south? :dunno:

That, coupled with what was said at the AGM about the new stand being put on hold, makes this rumour sound highly unlikely, in my opinion. :bitchy:

thats pretty much the same as selling season tickets before selling the most valuable players ....happens every year :dummytit:

PaulSmith
15-12-2009, 03:16 PM
@ The Quiet Man

They were quite explicit when selling season tickets that you may have to move into the South Stand if you bought a East Stand ticket at the beginning of the season. Why would they need to re-iterate that fact?

Saorsa
15-12-2009, 03:20 PM
@ The Quiet Man

That, coupled with what was said at the AGM about the new stand being put on hold, makes this rumour sound highly unlikely, in my opinion. :bitchy:Well I'm no sure if half season ticket holders got it but when I bought my full season ticket for the east I were also given a letter stating that I may be moved tae the south stand during the season if the east stand construction was tae go ahead. Perhaps a half season ticket holder can say one way or another if they received any such letter? :dunno:

Jack
15-12-2009, 03:20 PM
@ The Quiet Man

To be honest the club have made it quite clear over the last two seasons that if you buy in the East then you might be moved. I’d be surprised if the East is being rebuilt letter, which I must have got 4 or 5 times, wasn’t in the ST package somewhere, or even in the blurb that invited folk to buy STs.

I read the AGM comments very carefully and in short what we were told, very tactfully, was so open and flimsy that although it mostly sounded like one thing (no stand) the option was still there to change their minds before the lights were switched off that night!

It was a typical Hibs ploy; telling the construction companies [as we do other football clubs] ‘if you don’t give us your best price we’ll just not do business’. It would seem construction companies want to do business.

robinp
15-12-2009, 03:22 PM
@ The Quiet Man

As you only have 5 posts you may not appreciate that TQM is normally on the ball when it comes to "inside info", whether it be Transfers or general club business.

:cool2:

Cocaine&Caviar
15-12-2009, 03:30 PM
When the stand does actually get re-built, will the pitch be centred properly between the West and East Stands? As it stands theres a big in balance...

greenlex
15-12-2009, 03:32 PM
When the stand does actually get re-built, will the pitch be centred properly between the West and East Stands? As it stands theres a big in balance...
The pitch is to be extended nearer the east. :agree:

WindyMiller
15-12-2009, 03:36 PM

IIRC the pitch will be widened and centred.

hibeemark
15-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Okay, in the interests of investigative journalism, I've just been into the ticket office (I live across the road) under the pretext of buying a half season ticket for the east. I told them it would make a huge difference to me to know if I was likely to be moved to the south after a couple of matches, as if this was the case then I would probably opt for the west or FF instead.

The official line I got from the staff was "nothing has been confirmed, regarding the redevelopment of the east stand. It's all just rumours at the moment".

Make of that what you will. :dunno:

Mon Dieu4
15-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Okay, in the interests of investigative journalism, I've just been into the ticket office (I live across the road) under the pretext of buying a half season ticket for the east. I told them it would make a huge difference to me to know if I was likely to be moved to the south after a couple of matches, as if this was the case then I would probably opt for the west or FF instead.

The official line I got from the staff was "nothing has been confirmed, regarding the redevelopment of the east stand. It's all just rumours at the moment".

:faf::faf:

Hibs90
15-12-2009, 03:52 PM

clutching/straws/yam.com

robinp
15-12-2009, 03:56 PM

:top marks:aok:

hibeemark
15-12-2009, 03:57 PM
clutching/straws/yam.com

Not at all. I normally sit in the east as a walk-up customer (my last stub says "row N, seat 106") and i'd just like to know if that will still be an option come february.

Don't you also think it's natural to be skeptical of this rumour, considering it all stems from one guy, without any corroborating evidence whatsoever? :dunno:

Hibs90
15-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Not at all. I normally sit in the east as a walk-up customer (my last stub says "row N, seat 106") and i'd just like to know if that will still be an option come february.

Don't you also think it's natural to be skeptical of this rumour, considering it all stems from one guy, without any corroborating evidence whatsoever? :dunno:

The guy has normally on the ball in the past. :agree:

ancient hibee
15-12-2009, 04:00 PM
It seems clear to me that the work will start shortly as it is obviously much better to decant all the supporters midway through the season and work when the weather is at its worst and daylight hours are short rather than to do it in the spring with better working conditions.

hibeemark
15-12-2009, 04:06 PM

If that's the case, why is he being described by others in this thread as someone who is desperate to appear "in the loop"? Even his pal has said (albiet good-humouredly) that he's only usually correct 1/12. :confused:

Hibs90
15-12-2009, 04:11 PM
If that's the case, why is he being described by others in this thread as someone who is desperate to appear "in the loop"? Even his pal has said (albiet good-humouredly) that he's only usually correct 1/12. :confused:

Not read the whole thread so can't comment on what others have said. Normally when I've seen info posted by TQM it turns out to be correct.

Arch Stanton
15-12-2009, 04:14 PM
The pitch is to be extended nearer the east. :agree:

It doesn't look like the people in the east side of the FF stand would be able to see the whole of the pitch if they did that (the corner flag nearest them anyways).

bawheid
15-12-2009, 04:14 PM
As you only have 5 posts you may not appreciate that TQM is normally on the ball when it comes to "inside info", whether it be Transfers or general club business.

:cool2:

Proof that if you say something often enough, folk start to believe it. :greengrin

This is TQM's biggest risk yet though, so he must be super-confident in his current source. I imagine he's got rid of most of the others because generally their info turned out to be duff. :devil:

Mikey
15-12-2009, 04:20 PM
No need to shoot the messenger folks. TQM seems to be pretty much on the button here.

Don't expect anything from the club though until they've finalised the contractors. They don't say anything until there's something to be said!

hstn747
15-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Will be interesting to find out how the new stand will be financed. The club must be keeping money back to allow for the reduction in TV money. So unless there has been a massive reduction in the cost of the stand, does this mean that a player is as good as sold? Bamba? Zouma? Miller??

jgl07
15-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Will be interesting to find out how the new stand will be financed. The club must be keeping money back to allow for the reduction in TV money. So unless there has been a massive reduction in the cost of the stand, does this mean that a player is as good as sold? Bamba?
Zouma? Miller??
Bamba will certainly move on in the summer. A good world cup and he could fetch a big transfer fee.

However the stand will probably be largely financed on a long term mortgage in the same was as the other three stands were funded.

Keeping the East is not an option and we all probably no that. The poor sightlines force people to stand and for that reason a safety certificate could well be refused.

There will never be a better time to build given low interest rates and many contractors being short of work. I suspect that it will cost considerably more to build in one or two years time.

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 04:33 PM
No need to shoot the messenger folks. TQM seems to be pretty much on the button here.
Don't expect anything from the club though until they've finalised the contractors. They don't say anything until there's something to be said!

How come Mikey? 'Cos there was athread on the PM board? He's posted nothing different to that has he?

Mikey
15-12-2009, 04:37 PM
How come Mikey?

Erm........... just because :wink:

'Cos there was athread on the PM board?

Nope.

He's posted nothing different to that has he?

Not really.

HFC 0-7
15-12-2009, 04:47 PM
I have just been speaking to one of my mates who works for the media, he doesnt know whether the new stand was going up, but he did mention that last season, and again this season, Refs and linesmen have been moaning about easter road regarding the lighting on the pitch at the east side. Dont know if you have noticed but the floodlights dont shine down right up to the line, and there is a clear dark part all the way going about half a metre in. Maybe Rod's been pushed into it?

scoopyboy
15-12-2009, 05:01 PM

To be honest I make nothing of that.

The stand could be half built and the chances are you would get the same answer.

Not the most informed people I've ever come across.