CRAZYHIBBY
09-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Is it me

1000th post woohoo :greengrin:

Congratulatons:thumbsup: ........now speech:agree:

Gatecrasher
09-02-2010, 06:20 PM

I just want to thank my mum and dad, god my brothers, the admins for not closing the thread, Hibs, the east stand and all the little people that made this all happen

Oh aye the 999 posts that were posted before mine

Dibben
09-02-2010, 06:24 PM

I might just delete his post out of pure spite!

:greengrin

BH.

Gatecrasher
09-02-2010, 06:26 PM
I might just delete his post out of pure spite!

:-)

BH.

That would be out of order after thanking the admins in my speach :faf:

ahibby
09-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Serious question here. Will the new East Stand (when it is built) be the cheapest of the four we have built in recent times taken in to consideration monetary value when the others were built? The other question is if it is our cheapest stand (relatively speaking) will our cheapest be more expensive than the yams most expensive stand?

Mikey
09-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Serious question here. Will the new East Stand (when it is built) be the cheapest of the four we have built in recent times taken in to consideration monetary value when the others were built? The other question is if it is our cheapest stand (relatively speaking) will our cheapest be more expensive than the yams most expensive stand?

It's definitely cheaper than the other stands, although if I remember correctly the north and south are usually quoted as a pair.

It's cheaper than East Mains too.

Dunno about part two but you can be sure there will be less corrugated iron involved :wink:

Dibben
09-02-2010, 07:00 PM
That would be out of order after thanking the admins in my speach :faf:

:greengrin Yeah, that would be kind of ironic...

:cool2:

BH.

Sprouleflyer
09-02-2010, 07:45 PM
It's definitely cheaper than the other stands, although if I remember correctly the north and south are usually quoted as a pair.

It's cheaper than East Mains too.

Dunno about part two but you can be sure there will be less corrugated iron involved :wink:

East Mains was around £5M IIRC?

A new East Stand for under £5M..........what are we waiting for, get it sorted Petrie!!!!! :grr:

Mikey
09-02-2010, 09:14 PM

A new East Stand for under £5M..........what are we waiting for, get it sorted Petrie!!!!! :grr:

Yes to both.

Gerard
09-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Yes to both.

I hope you are right:wink:
G

Baw187
09-02-2010, 09:50 PM
There'll be an announcement tomorrow.

.Sean.
09-02-2010, 09:52 PM
There'll be an announcement tomorrow.
How confident?

MyJo
09-02-2010, 09:57 PM
How confident?

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00033/ed_imgSNF18SPDA_435_33895a.jpg
:deal:

Baw187
09-02-2010, 10:02 PM
How confident?

I can smell it.

greenlex
09-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Despite being told otherwise the rear of the stand will not be enclosed. It will e like the away stand at Rugby Park. I imagine the turnstiles will be situated more or less where they are now. This I am sure should be good news for all the smokers in the East stand. The bad news is the facility to allow away fans to use part of it is in place. So be prepared to share your shiney new home with the ugly sisters and the Gorgie Gargoyles.Suppose you can't have everything.

jgl07
09-02-2010, 11:03 PM

That must be a real bargain.

The North Stand cost £4,500,000 in 1994

The West Stand cost £6,000,000 in 2001

Some negotiation by Rod!

IWasThere2016
10-02-2010, 06:04 AM
I can smell it.

That's greenlex mate! Rank so he is!

IWasThere2016
10-02-2010, 06:06 AM
I just want to thank my mum and dad, god my brothers, the admins for not closing the thread, Hibs, the east stand and all the little people that made this all happen

Oh aye the 999 posts that were posted before mine

A special thank you to the OP wouldnae have gone amiss! :grr:

greenlex
10-02-2010, 06:11 AM

Constant nightshift will do that to you.

Jamesie
10-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Despite being told otherwise the rear of the stand will not be enclosed. It will e like the away stand at Rugby Park. I imagine the turnstiles will be situated more or less where they are now. This I am sure should be good news for all the smokers in the East stand. The bad news is the facility to allow away fans to use part of it is in place. So be prepared to share your shiney new home with the ugly sisters and the Gorgie Gargoyles.Suppose you can't have everything.

Presumably this will only be for cup semi finals etc where Hibs aren't involved, rather than league games though?

Danderhall Hibs
10-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Presumably this will only be for cup semi finals etc where Hibs aren't involved, rather than league games though?

Could be good for the Cat B ST holders as well if you can cut through the East to get home rather than the long way round.

Jamesie
10-02-2010, 07:33 AM
Could be good for the Cat B ST holders as well if you can cut through the East to get home rather than the long way round.

Sure somebody said we might be able to walk all the way around the ground when the east is finished?

Jack
10-02-2010, 07:45 AM

I’m not disagreeing with what your saying about the stand being able to be split but for the most part I don’t think away fans have filled the South Stand for years, apart from the odd occasion one of the uglies thought they might win league.

I think the split will be in place more for when the ground is being used for games where Hibs aren’t playing, cup semis etc.

IWasThere2016
10-02-2010, 07:45 AM
Constant nightshift will do that to you.

Jamesie
10-02-2010, 07:49 AM
Any news on timing of announcement today?

IWasThere2016
10-02-2010, 07:50 AM

J - Some suspect it will be tomorrow not today.

Mikey
10-02-2010, 07:52 AM

I'd be surprised.

I'd put money on tomorrow though!

Jamesie
10-02-2010, 07:53 AM

I can't take much more of this! Worse than waiting on Santa as a bairn.

Mikey
10-02-2010, 07:56 AM
I can't take much more of this! Worse than waiting on Santa as a bairn.

The plans don't show a chimney :dizzy:

MyJo
10-02-2010, 08:14 AM

bet there will still be a fair few seats nabbed from the east tonight though thanks to you :greengrin

WindyMiller
10-02-2010, 08:18 AM

Never mind though, my parents explained to me how Santa would still be able to bring my presents, even though they'd blocked the old fireplace and put in a new electric fire.
:agree:

The_Todd
10-02-2010, 08:24 AM

I doubt they'd put the East Stand's finest in the same stand as Section N's grimiest if they had the choice of keeping them in separate stands, no?

Hearts never sell out at ER anyway so I don't see the point in giving them more space?

Baw187
10-02-2010, 09:57 AM

Cannae be - it was a sweet smell, wi a hint of success. :greengrin

My sense of smell must need slightly tuned. :wink:

Gatecrasher
10-02-2010, 10:16 AM
A special thank you to the OP wouldnae have gone amiss! :grr:

Sorry TQM how rude of me, this thread has made work a bit more interesting the last month or so, thanks :agree:

Gerard
10-02-2010, 10:22 AM
I can smell it.

how confident are you of this smell. Is it not your drains that you are smelling?:greengrin:devil:
G

Gerard
10-02-2010, 10:26 AM
what about the closing roof and the executive helicopter pad and the railway station:devil::wink::thumbsup:

Aubenas
10-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Is it not your drains that you are smelling

It could be the drains - according to my sneak view of the final plans, they are going to be open and not enclosed.........:cool2:

Gerard
10-02-2010, 10:36 AM
It could be the drains - according to my sneak view of the final plans, they are going to be open and not enclosed.........:cool2:

That might make some of of visiting fans think that they are at home:wink::greengrin
G

MrSmith
10-02-2010, 10:49 AM

Did your sneak view allow you notice if the corners had been filled in or not?

greenlex
10-02-2010, 01:09 PM
I’m not disagreeing with what your saying about the stand being able to be split but for the most part I don’t think away fans have filled the South Stand for years, apart from the odd occasion one of the uglies thought they might win league.

I think the split will be in place more for when the ground is being used for games where Hibs aren’t playing, cup semis etc.
The Uglies regularly sell out their allocation.
I reckon the East Stand Full season tickets will be available from the centre of the stand and out towards the Famous Five stand. Then they will sell toward the South Stand. Filling the rest of the stand with Cat B seasons allowing the facility to sell more tickets to away fans from the centre towards the South Stand. The more seasons we sell the less away fans in the ground.
It makes economical sense.
Lets not forget that 20 to 30% of our home games (Old Firm and Hearts) are sell outs or close to it. Lets get bums on seats as this has a direct impact on the quality on the park.

greenlex
10-02-2010, 01:11 PM
I reckon cat B seasons will be housed in the East till its full on full season ticket holders.

IWasThere2016
10-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Whaur's this announcement, Hibs! :grr:

If it comes tomorrow on the back of the SC draw, KackBack will need to be put on suicide watch :faf:

Alex Trager
10-02-2010, 01:24 PM

If it comes tomorrow on the back of the SC draw, KackBack will need to be put on suicide watch :faf:
how many more will say this?

Aubenas
10-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Did your sneak view allow you notice if the corners had been filled in or not?

I can exclusively reveal that the drains will be open but their corners will have grills :agree:

IWasThere2016
10-02-2010, 02:00 PM
how many more will say this?

I give in - how many more will say this?

Jack
10-02-2010, 02:29 PM
I give in - how many more will say this?

Maybe you'll find out tomorrow :dunno:

MrSmith
10-02-2010, 02:39 PM
I can exclusively reveal that the drains will be open but their corners will have grills :agree:

Very well put sir! :wink:

Gerard
10-02-2010, 04:37 PM

I thought they were already on S W:greengrin:wink::thumbsup::hnet:
G

MB62
11-02-2010, 08:54 AM
So, Today's the day then TQM?:wink: :greengrin

IWasThere2016
11-02-2010, 09:02 AM
So, Today's the day then TQM?:wink: :greengrin

HFC 0-7
11-02-2010, 09:23 AM

Is that a 'yes' or an 'I dont know'? Or is it a 'I really hope I overheard the conversation correctly between a builder and Rod Petrie and its not Petrie getting an extension to the east wing of his house!'?

IWasThere2016
11-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Is that a 'yes' or an 'I dont know'? Or is it a 'I really hope I overheard the conversation correctly between a builder and Rod Petrie and its not Petrie getting an extension to the east wing of his house!'?

HFC 0-7
11-02-2010, 09:38 AM

If you keep your wife in anticipation as much as the people on here (in completely different ways!) she is a lucky woman.

The_Todd
11-02-2010, 09:44 AM
I believe that glorious feat of engineering known as the East Stand shall survive to see another day.

Bucket seats, pillars, posts, TV Gantries and such activities as standing on seats aren't ready to be consigned to the dustbin of history just yet.

This is my gut feeling of course.

IWasThere2016
11-02-2010, 09:50 AM
I believe that glorious feat of engineering known as the East Stand shall survive to see another day.

Bucket seats, pillars, posts, TV Gantries and such activities as standing on seats aren't ready to be consigned to the dustbin of history just yet.

This is my gut feeling of course.

Personally, I hope you are correct. I do not see the need tbh. We do not need the increased capacity IMHO

The_Todd
11-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Personally, I hope you are correct. I do not see the need tbh. We do not need the increased capacity IMHO

I'm the opposite: I love the East, I'll miss it when it goes but I do believe it should have had it's day by now. I just don't think it has seen it's last days yet.

Crowds aren't big just now (10k for a midweek tie v Aberdeen where we had the slightest possibility of going 2nd is poor, even if there were only 1000 sheep) but a couple of years of this sort of form under Yogi would mean a return of bigger crowds, and at least give us extra capacity for the bigger games (ie OF, Hertz) should it ever be needed.

The last thing Hibs need is to be held back by the East Stand (and I don't say that lightly, as I said I do love that old stand).

Andy74
11-02-2010, 10:33 AM

What do you mean you hope he is correct? Surely you know he is not??

Gerard
11-02-2010, 10:35 AM
From what I have heard the East Stand will be demolished, on, or after the end of Feb 2010. As a sceptic I am always wary of repeating information without confirmation of that information. I hope that this is the case as the East Stand does not fit in with the 3 other stands.
Gerard the sceptic

MB62
11-02-2010, 10:40 AM

Aha, trying squirm out of this now eh! :wink:

On a serious note, If we as a club can afford to build this new stand now then, IMO, we have to build it NOW.

The ground is going to have to be finished at some point and if financially, this is the best to do it, then I reckon we might as well go ahead with it.
I don't believe it is about a need for increased capacity, that's simply not the case, but a finished stadium will see ER being hired out for other games, semi-finals & internationals.
The present East Stand, whilst loved by many, is outdated and can't be left like that forever.

The_Todd
11-02-2010, 10:41 AM
I see the topic of conversation has sneakily moved from an annoucement due today to whether or not we need it. :wink:

--------
11-02-2010, 10:42 AM
From what I have heard the East Stand will be demolished, on, or after the end of Feb 2010. As a sceptic I am always wary of repeating information without confirmation of that information. I hope that this is the case as the East Stand does not fit in with the 3 other stands.
Gerard the sceptic

That's my information as well. But I may be wrong.

And it's time the Shed was gone, I agree. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
11-02-2010, 10:43 AM
There'll be a press conference this afternoon (or will it be moved to tomorrow as the next game's on Sunday?) so no doubt all will be revealed then. Eh TQM. :wink:

IWasThere2016
11-02-2010, 10:49 AM
What do you mean you hope he is correct? Surely you know he is not??

I dont want the East rebuilt - no logic in it IMHO.

And I know you've been paying attention, Andy :cool2: I expect it will be confirmed 'soon' however

IWasThere2016
11-02-2010, 10:50 AM
There'll be a press conference this afternoon (or will it be moved to tomorrow as the next game's on Sunday?) so no doubt all will be revealed then. Eh TQM. :wink:

Gerard
11-02-2010, 10:50 AM

We can only hope that all will be revealed. The East Stand when it is built will make it possible for Hibs to sell more tickets at concessionary prices and continue the development of the 'Hibernian brand'
G

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2010, 10:55 AM
I dont want the East rebuilt - no logic in it IMHO.

And I know you've been paying attention, Andy :cool2: I expect it will be confirmed 'soon' however

I disagree, i was in there last night, and for most of the game you only see 75% of the pitch. if its not pillars getting in the way, its people in the way. For those reasons alone it should be knocked down.

Part/Time Supporter
11-02-2010, 10:57 AM
I disagree, i was in there last night, and for most of the game you only see 75% of the pitch. if its not pillars getting in the way, its people in the way. For those reasons alone it should be knocked down.

It definitely needs replaced, irrespective of the capacity issue. Going up to 20,000 though does have the attraction that it would become the default host for semi-finals. Even the Huns only had ~18,000 for the LC semi last week.

legends of 73
11-02-2010, 10:58 AM

at your age you should have known better sit in the west you see all the game and we all just sit there and moan:greengrin:greengrin

IWasThere2016
11-02-2010, 11:06 AM
at your age you should have known better sit in the west you see all the game and we all just sit there and moan:greengrin:greengrin

With a big cardy, overcoat, hat, gloves, scarf and a tartan rug over his pins :greengrin

Gerard
11-02-2010, 11:07 AM

Quire right the West Stand is for the older Hibernian fan to sit down and moan from. :wink::greengrin
G 44 years and 1/4 years old:devil:

Jamesie
11-02-2010, 12:11 PM
I forgot to touch the metal sheeting above the exit on my way out of the east last night - wonder if I'll get another chance to?

The_Todd
11-02-2010, 12:23 PM
I forgot to touch the metal sheeting above the exit on my way out of the east last night - wonder if I'll get another chance to?

They'd damn well better incorporate those gates into any new construction or we're doomed. DOOMED!

sleeping giant
11-02-2010, 12:54 PM
27 pager so far G:cool2:

Today the day ?

Westie1875
11-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Nothing yet then? :hmmm:

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2010, 01:00 PM

I don't moan at the game, i keep that all for you lads and lasses on here.:greengrin

Storar
11-02-2010, 01:01 PM
The East Stand will never get re-built ever

Speedway
11-02-2010, 01:02 PM

FACT or Defo?

sleeping giant
11-02-2010, 01:02 PM

Its when its getting demolished that interests me:greengrin

sleeping giant
11-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Possible Calendar thread proportions for this thread !

Hope it happens for you TQM. The announcement, that is:devil:

Storar
11-02-2010, 01:05 PM
FACT or Defo?

defo a FACT:agree:

KerPlunk
11-02-2010, 01:16 PM
defo a FACT:agree:

Is that defo a de facto fact ? :greengrin

Emerald
11-02-2010, 01:39 PM
I've heard that the press conference being called is to announce the demolition of the NEW east stand. The new east stand, that has a lifespan of around 100 years, is going to be demolished in February 2111. This will make way for the building of a new tram stop and is scheduled to coincide with the completion of phase one of the Edinburgh Tram project, headed up by Mr Ripemov Junior. It will link Easter Road Stadium to the new hotel and flat development at Gorgie Road, previously Tynecastle Stadium and the submarine marina at Seafield, previously Seafield Sewage Works. :greengrin

silverhibee
11-02-2010, 01:54 PM
If the East is not going to happen, then Hibs need to spend the money on relaying a new pitch ASAP. :agree:

HibbyAndy
11-02-2010, 01:56 PM
If the East is not going to happen, then Hibs need to spend the money on relaying a new pitch ASAP. :agree:

Could relay it with duct tape, That way theres nae chance the yams can play hoofbaw :greengrin

:wink:

Mickey Edwards
11-02-2010, 01:59 PM

great shout :agree::agree:

GreenCastle
11-02-2010, 01:59 PM
I was hoping the pitch is being left till next season to coincide with the new stand. Build the stand and shift the pitch ? :confused:

This isn't going to happen this season is it....:boo hoo::grr:

IWasThere2016
11-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Possible Calendar thread proportions for this thread !

Hope it happens for you TQM. The announcement, that is:devil:

I'm working on my "(URGENT) East Stand plans shelfed" thread just now.

Maybe a Board member needs the money to pay-off a string of lovers/sex text buddies :greengrin

Darth Hibbie
11-02-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm working on my "(URGENT) East Stand plans shelved" thread just now.

Maybe a Board member needs the money to pay-off a string lovers/sex text buddies :greengrin

I heard that the plan has been shelved because somebody viciously stole the last and vital 50p from rodders at BTG last week. :grr:

IWasThere2016
11-02-2010, 03:35 PM
I heard that the plan has been shelved because somebody viciously stole the last and vital 50p from rodders at BTG last week. :grr:

Makes perfect sense, mate! :agree:

Shame as I think the corners and dome will need to go too :boo hoo: Maybe we're going to do the neighbourly pro-European bit - like Gordon Broon bailing oot the Greeks - and we are about to prop up the Yams! :greengrin

Aubenas
11-02-2010, 06:15 PM
East Stand plans shelved

It's gonna have SHELVES???????? Never saw that in the plans! Is that for folk to stand on???????
I think we should be told!

Petrie???????? :grr:

Pedantic_Hibee
11-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Is BlackpoolHibs still gonna get the helipad he wanted for ER?

BoltonHibee
11-02-2010, 07:47 PM
I think the pitch should be the number 1 priority.

A lick of paint and a couple of portaloos out the back will suffice for the East.

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2010, 07:52 PM
I think the pitch should be the number 1 priority.

Shocking condition for a top flight club, whoevers in charge should be sacked immediately.

IWasThere2016
11-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Shocking condition for a top flight club, whoevers in charge should be sacked immediately.

:agree: It was embarrassing

Gerard
11-02-2010, 08:48 PM
What I would like to see is Hibs using the new East Stand as the family stand and developing the 'Hibernian brand' of football by having a lot more Hibs kids games.
The West stand can then be kept for the over 40s:greengrin, that is the fans wear cardigans,coats, hats and moan a lot:greengrin
It has to be built, so just get it done...... and can the person who took 50p off Uncle Rodders return it and with interest:greengrin or we will not this stand built
G:wink::greengrin
PS please still build the Helicopter pad as no other stadium has that facility:wink:

jabis
11-02-2010, 08:55 PM
What I would like to see is Hibs using the new East Stand as the family stand and developing the 'Hibernian brand' of football by having a lot more Hibs kids games.
The West stand can then be kept for the over 40s:greengrin, that is the fans wear cardigans,coats, hats and moan a lot:greengrin
It has to be built, so just get it done...... and can the person who took 50p off Uncle Rodders return it and with interest:greengrin or we will not this stand built
PS please still build the Helicopter pad as no other stadium has that facility:wink:

having (can't think of the word,but wasted will have to do)wasted 2 months of my life,AND now have a couple of bets on this,WTF is happening ?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????

any PM will suffice to calm me down :grr:

Gerard
11-02-2010, 09:01 PM
having (can't think of the word,but wasted will have to do)wasted 2 months of my life,AND now have a couple of bets on this,WTF is happening ?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????

any PM will suffice to calm me down :grr:

It would appear that the East Stand is soon to be demolished and a new one built that befits the dignity of our stadium and supporters
G

jabis
11-02-2010, 09:10 PM
It would appear that the East Stand is soon to be demolished and a new one built that befits the dignity of our stadium and supporters
G

Cheers for that G,the $5million Dollar question being.........WHEN !

Gerard
11-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Cheers for that G,the $5million Dollar question being.........WHEN !

I think that the ES will be demolished at the end of this month and the new stand built for apprx beginning of new stand
G

Sas_The_Hibby
11-02-2010, 09:20 PM
I think that the ES will be demolished at the end of this month and the new stand built for apprx beginning of new stand
G

Is this what's called a 'tautology'? :wink:

jabis
11-02-2010, 09:23 PM
G

:boo hoo:

Have read all 1100 F****** posts on this thread,but still don't have a scoobies about when it will happen,some say yea..some say nae :confused:

Edit-just read post 1,011,...he has a point,though God knows what it is.

Gerard
11-02-2010, 09:35 PM
:boo hoo:

Have read all 1100 F****** posts on this thread,but still don't have a scoobies about when it will happen,some say yea..some say nae :confused:

Edit-just read post 1,011,...he has a point,though God knows what it is.

Change last word to season
G

Gerard
11-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Is this what's called a 'tautology'? :wink:

Should have read new season

sleeping giant
11-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Change last word to season
G

:faf:

Keep trying G :greengrin

sleeping giant
11-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Should have read new season

Stop it

Gerard
11-02-2010, 09:42 PM

Stop it

Lets hope that the bloody thing will be announced before this thread gets to 20,000 posts:devil:
G

IWasThere2016
11-02-2010, 09:43 PM

jabis
11-02-2010, 09:47 PM

Stop it

Behave SG we all make the occasional wee stand.

Edit-that should be "mistake"

Sorry G,couldn't help it :greengrin

Gerard
11-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Behave SG we all make the occasional wee stand.

Edit-that should be "mistake"

Sorry G,couldn't help it :greengrin

Fair point and accepted
G:greengrin

dangermouse
12-02-2010, 11:44 AM

Hey, I'm over 40 (just) and object to the stereotype of the West Stand clientèle! However, I agree about the helipad as it will come in useful when Jim Duffy pays a visit.

Now, where are my pipe, slippers and tartan rug?

MacBean
12-02-2010, 11:59 AM
so were we expecting an announcement this week and it hasnt come? TQM has there been any update given to you as to why the stand (announcement) has been "delayed" so to speak!?

Sylar
12-02-2010, 02:08 PM
so were we expecting an announcement this week and it hasnt come? TQM has there been any update given to you as to why the stand (announcement) has been "delayed" so to speak!?

I was reliably informed by TQM that a press conference is to take place today.

I'm sure he'll confirm once he gets back from The Princess and the Frog :greengrin

jonty
12-02-2010, 02:10 PM

I'm sure he'll confirm once he gets back from The Princess and the Frog :greengrin

He's looking through the wedding album again? On his day off? :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
12-02-2010, 02:13 PM

There's usually a press conference 2 days before a game so he'll just be speculating.

Speedway
12-02-2010, 02:18 PM
There's usually a press conference 2 days before a game so he'll just be speculating.

TQM doesn't speculate. Facts check with him for confirmation.

Sylar
12-02-2010, 02:37 PM
He's looking through the wedding album again? On his day off? :greengrin

:greengrin - you coming along on Wednesday by the way? :wink:

Mikey
12-02-2010, 02:45 PM

What you asking him for? Check with his wife :greengrin

:dizzy:

jonty
12-02-2010, 02:51 PM
What you asking him for? Check with his wife :greengrin

:dizzy:
:grr:

I'll ask the wife if I'm allowed :greengrin

Brummie_Hibs
12-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Having read this thread for a number of weeks, I've just decided to phone somebody who I don't normally contact who might know a thing or two.

He said something appears to be going on and 'not-normal' things relating to the Celtic game on April 3rd are a sure sign something is afoot.

He mentioned days and weeks rather than months and years.

Gerard
12-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Having read this thread for a number of weeks, I've just decided to phone somebody who I don't normally contact who might know a thing or two.

He said something appears to be going on and 'not-normal' things relating to the Celtic game on April 3rd are a sure sign something is afoot.

He mentioned days and weeks rather than months and years.

Another omen that things are about to happen:wink::top marks
G

iwasthere1972
12-02-2010, 04:05 PM
I don't moan at the game, i keep that all for you lads and lasses on here.:greengrin

Well I sat beside you in the west stand for an entire 90 minutes and you moaned the whole time. :duck:

:doh: Oh wait a minute I've just remembered that was BoltonHibee. :devil:

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Well I sat beside you in the west stand for an entire 90 minutes and you moaned the whole time. :duck:

:doh: Oh wait a minute I've just remembered that was BoltonHibee. :devil:

Thats right, he makes me look like the laughing policeman.:wink:

IWasThere2016
12-02-2010, 04:44 PM

I was indeed - TSSF wasnae listening.

ronaldo7
12-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Another omen that things are about to happen:wink::top marks
G

I'd rather have an AMEN and the bloody thing would have started.

Gerard
12-02-2010, 05:16 PM
I'd rather have an AMEN and bloody thing would have started.

I blame Uncle Rodders for this very long thread:wink:
Get it sorted Mr Petrie before this thread gets to 2000 posts and more:wink::devil:
G

Sylar
12-02-2010, 05:26 PM
I was indeed - TSSF wasnae listening.

Sorry - must have been in the ZONE! :wink:

Ravelston Hibby
12-02-2010, 07:35 PM
It looks like all of this has been a complete loady B*****ks!

Why do people indulge in all of this spurious speculation that is purported as a "done deal"? For what "advantage"????

Pretty poor to me. :bitchy:

Building the expectations of "gullible" people like me! :confused:

scoopyboy
12-02-2010, 08:04 PM

Why do people indulge in all of this spurious speculation that is purported as a "done deal"? For what "advantage"????

I am only speaking for myself, not others who are saying it is going to happen.

My posts on this thread are not pure speculation, I don't post just to appear that I know something.

There has been lots of info on this thread that is factually correct and I genuinely believe it is imminent. If not Hibs have wasted a helluva lot of time and money to drop it now, I don't believe that to be the case.

You will find out shortly that you are not as gullible as you think.

IWasThere2016
12-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Sorry - must have been in the ZONE! :wink:

Not neccessarily what I saw .. least not all the time :wink:

It is not 'spurious speculation' and I agree 100% with scoopyboy.

I too still believe this will happen and we will have a new East Stand for next season.

iwasthere1972
12-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Thats right, he makes me look like the laughing policeman.:wink:

:hilarious Plus he left early as he was off to see the samaritans to ask them when they didn't return his phone calls. :wink:

Ravelston Hibby
12-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Not neccessarily what I saw .. least not all the time :wink:

people with real credibility would say what is is

It is not 'spurious speculation' and I agree 100% with scoopyboy.

I too still believe this will happen and we will have a new East Stand for next season.

People who are so "in the know" would not speculate with these "knowledges" and would not speculate in these circumstances like this!.......It does seem like all this "speculation" is truly a load of "KEEK!!!

Sorry, C!!!!!, But how else is one to interpret all this, what seems complete made up speculative|" Nonsense!!!!:confused: :grr: Thanks for all the Hope!! .;....NOT!!!

Gerard
13-02-2010, 12:45 AM
People who are so "in the know" would not speculate with these "knowledges" and would not speculate in these circumstances like this!.......It does seem like all this "speculation" is truly a load of "KEEK!!!

Sorry, C!!!!!, But how else is one to interpret all this, what seems complete made up speculative|" Nonsense!!!!:confused: :grr: Thanks for all the Hope!! .;....NOT!!!

I suspect that you maybe wrong, time will soon tell:wink:
G

cabbage07
13-02-2010, 01:21 AM
The guy has got a point G to many folk like to make out on here they know this they know that and like to see folk chasing them for answers.
I share a pint or two with one off the hibs management quite often but i wouldnt be blowing my gums on here about stuff that has been passed in coversation.
Half the stuff that gets posted on here is way off the mark .:wink:

Diclonius
13-02-2010, 04:10 AM
After several repeat performances of predicted deadlines failing to be met, I'm just gonna abstain from this topic now and believe it when I see it on the front page of the official site.

If you're not completely and totally sure, then don't wind us all up by naming a date and following up with a few :cool2:s here and some :wink:s there. It'll just serve to piss everyone off in the long run.

Lucius Apuleius
13-02-2010, 04:18 AM
:cool2::wink::greengrin

Nando™
13-02-2010, 04:44 AM
Remember Bruno Aguiar...

scoopyboy
13-02-2010, 07:40 AM

I try to post responsibly and try to treat doubters with respect but you are the exception.

If anyone is talking KEEK it is you.

GloryGlory
13-02-2010, 09:29 AM
The guy has got a point G to many folk like to make out on here they know this they know that and like to see folk chasing them for answers.
I share a pint or two with one off the hibs management quite often but i wouldnt be blowing my gums on here about stuff that has been passed in coversation.

Yeah, but which half? :wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
13-02-2010, 09:36 AM
I just saw a guy walking past my house with some scaffolding......I think they're gonna start building today :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I also live in Southampton.

Sas_The_Hibby
13-02-2010, 09:55 AM
I just saw a guy walking past my house with some scaffolding......I think they're gonna start building today :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I also live in Southampton.

This is crucial though - in which direction were they taking the scaffolding?

BEEJ
13-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Interpret it as an 'exclusive', but one delivered several weeks too early.

:I'm waiti

MyJo
13-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Interpret it as an 'exclusive', but one delivered several weeks too early.

:I'm waiti

premature e-speculation :agree:

Lucius Apuleius
13-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Very strange Pedantic, as I also saw quite a lot of scaffolding today. I also saw a requisition for another 10,000 tons of it passing over my desk. May be able to divert some :wink:

whiskyhibby
13-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Yeah, but which half? :wink:

Both!!:bitchy::bitchy:

down-the-slope
13-02-2010, 12:37 PM

Very low estimate :agree:

down-the-slope
13-02-2010, 12:40 PM
premature e-speculation :agree:

Is that a medical reproductive problem for computer :nerd:'s

:rolleyes:

Fat Penlon
15-02-2010, 09:19 AM
What are the chances of this happening this week?

Anyone "in the know" care to have a guess? :rolleyes:

MB62
15-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Find it a bit strange that, IF we are to go ahead with this soon, that work has not started by now, given the fact we have two weeks without a game at ER.
Of course, maybe the time scale required to build this newest stand is not as severe as the other three needed and there is still plenty time to complete the job before the start of the new season.
Then again, why does it really need to built in time for teh new season to start?

Andy74
15-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Find it a bit strange that, IF we are to go ahead with this soon, that work has not started by now, given the fact we have two weeks without a game at ER.
Of course, maybe the time scale required to build this newest stand is not as severe as the other three needed and there is still plenty time to complete the job before the start of the new season.
Then again, why does it really need to built in time for teh new season to start?

This 'news' was so premature it was ridiculous.

Danderhall Hibs
15-02-2010, 10:46 AM

I'm hearing the Club and the builders are "miles apart" in their negotiations. :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
15-02-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm hearing the Club and the builders are "miles apart" in their negotiations. :greengrin

Brilliant news - will definitely be happening then :greengrin

Gerard
15-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Brilliant news - will definitely be happening then :greengrin

If that happens then the club will continue to lack the modern stand that it needs to develop the 'Hibernian Brand'.
The new stand will make possible the sale of more tickets to groups like Hibs kids and to encourage families to support Hibs.
Gerard
I still think that the new stand will be built this year

IWasThere2016
15-02-2010, 12:19 PM

:yawn:

jacomo
15-02-2010, 12:25 PM
If that happens then the club will continue to lack the modern stand that it needs to develop the 'Hibernian Brand'.
The new stand will make possible the sale of more tickets to groups like Hibs kids and to encourage families to support Hibs.
Gerard
I still think that the new stand will be built this year

I still think that this thread is a pile of poo.

Anyone care to put me right?

IWasThere2016
15-02-2010, 12:29 PM

Take scoopyboy's earlier offer - to whoever - of a bet then..

Mikey
15-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Is this thread simply going to degenerate into a daily pop at those who have passed on info, and TQM in particular?

It's not going to last long if it is.

Danderhall Hibs
15-02-2010, 12:42 PM

Mikey - 2 months isn't a bad start. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
15-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Mikey - 2 months isn't a bad start. :greengrin

And within a 'number of weeks' is it no?!? :greengrin

Speedway
15-02-2010, 12:52 PM

:greengrin Although to be fair, G, the London olympics will start 'within a number of weeks'.

MB62
15-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Is this thread simply going to degenerate into a daily pop at those who have passed on info, and TQM in particular?

Shirley most of the comments have been made with a tongue placed firmly in a cheek?
It has been a bit of fun and banter and comments are not to be taken seriously, hopefully.

jacomo
15-02-2010, 02:54 PM

If only I knew the terms, eh? :greengrin

Hibbyradge
15-02-2010, 02:56 PM

What odds are you offering cos I'd put money on us hearing a positive announcement soon.

Gerard
15-02-2010, 03:05 PM
I would be very annoyed if the new stand is not built and questions would be asked:wink:
Just get the bloody thing built:wink:
Gerard:top marks:devil:

derekHFC
15-02-2010, 03:06 PM
To hell with the new stand, I think we should move to Straiton and groundshare with the Yams :devil:

Gerard
15-02-2010, 03:10 PM
To hell with the new stand, I think we should move to Straiton and groundshare with the Yams :devil:

Well that might be a good idea......:devil:How will the Yams be able to pay their half share of the costs:wink:
The idea of a 100,000 stadium would be something that no other club in the UK could match.
G
PS
change 100,000 to 420,000 as the Yams have 400,000 fans:thumbsup::devil:
G

jacomo
15-02-2010, 03:14 PM
What odds are you offering cos I'd put money on us hearing a positive announcement soon.

Great!

I'll give you 5/1 that we won't hear something before last week's Aberdeen game.

IWasThere2016
15-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Great!

I'll give you 5/1 that we won't hear something before last week's Aberdeen game.

J - don't take any bets on this. It WILL happen. I have no idea what's caused the delay - I can only speculate on a number of reasons eg design issues, legals, price etc - but I would be guessing.

I've been back to those with info and I am told there will be a positive announcement in the next couple of weeks.

Hibs have everything in place to move this forward.

Speedway
16-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Collective Hibernia,

We cannot let an urgent thread fall to page 2 of this board.

There is a sign, in the East....

Removed
16-02-2010, 10:48 AM
There is a sign, in the East....

.......... and it will soon be sitting over Hawkhill Avenue :agree:

Arch Stanton
16-02-2010, 11:05 AM
.......... and it will soon be sitting over Hawkhill Avenue :agree:

..closely followed by Mc Alpine's Fusiliers marching down the road - how exciting.

--------
16-02-2010, 11:34 AM
..closely followed by Mc Alpine's Fusiliers marching down the road - how exciting.

The JCB's are coming!

I've just thought of a name for it - "Petries' Last Stand'.

Get it built, Rod!

ancient hibee
16-02-2010, 11:37 AM
J - don't take any bets on this. It WILL happen. I have no idea what's caused the delay - I can only speculate on a number of reasons eg design issues, legals, price etc - but I would be guessing.

I've been back to those with info and I am told there will be a positive announcement in the next couple of weeks.

Hibs have everything in place to move this forward.
Except enough customers?

scoopyboy
16-02-2010, 11:52 AM

open offer, funnily enough no takers despite people knowing its not going to happen.

Andy74
16-02-2010, 12:07 PM
open offer, funnily enough no takers despite people knowing its not going to happen.

Who's saying it's not going to happen?

I think people are questioning whether there was actually anything to say on this when it was said. It seems very much not. A process is ongoing and when it's done Hibs will tell us.

Petrie's Tache
16-02-2010, 12:10 PM

I think people are questioning whether there was actually anything to say on this when it was said. It seems very much not. A process is ongoing and when it's done Hibs will tell us.

In the near future!

scoopyboy
16-02-2010, 12:14 PM

Could you expand on that please.

A few posters have gave information that was correct at the time and still is correct.

When its done Hibs will tell us, nobody is arguing that. So are you now saying that if anybody has news that Hibs haven't announced we shouldn't post it.

Andy74
16-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Could you expand on that please.

A few posters have gave information that was correct at the time and still is correct.

When its done Hibs will tell us, nobody is arguing that. So are you now saying that if anybody has news that Hibs haven't announced we shouldn't post it.
I don't think I need to expand on it. There was quite obviously nothing to announce back when this thread was started.

jgl07
16-02-2010, 12:44 PM
I hope there will be a send off for the East Terrace rather like they did with the old Main Stand.

A concert with fireworks as the wrecking ball is wielded.

I would certainly but up for that.

IWasThere2016
16-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Except enough customers?

I - sadly - concur

There was before the delay - no doubt brought on by either the bank :devil: or the lawyers :devil:

The latter doing their usual 'value-add' to their fees! The former doing nothing but paying oot bonuses!

Keith_M
16-02-2010, 12:46 PM

There you have it, nothing vague about that. TQM clearly states on 16th February 2010, that there will be a positive announcement "in the next couple of weeks". That is clear that the absolute latest this announcement can take place is on 2nd March 2010. (Source TQM)

Oh b*gg*r, I just realised he left a get out clause in his wording by saying a "positive announcement", not the "New East Stand announcement".

IWasThere2016
16-02-2010, 12:49 PM
There you have it, nothing vague about that. TQM clearly states on 16th February 2010, that there will be a positive announcement "in the next couple of weeks". That is clear that the absolute latest this announcement can take place is on 2nd March 2010. (Source TQM)

Oh b*gg*r, I just realised he left a get out clause in his wording by saying a "positive announcement", not the "New East Stand announcement".

:greengrin FTAOD, the 'positive' is the new East

Keith_M
16-02-2010, 12:51 PM
:greengrin FTAOD, the 'positive' is the new East

Yes, but what does FTAOD mean in this instance? I bet you're a lawyer in real life.

Golden Bear
16-02-2010, 12:59 PM
I don't think I need to expand on it. There was quite obviously nothing to announce back when this thread was started.

Speculation (informed or otherwise) is what makes this Messageboard so interesting and entertaining though.

If we have to wait on every Hibs related topic being officially announced via the Club website before we can comment then life would be pretty boring.

In the case of the East Stand development then I'd guess it's a case of "no smoke without fire" so it's just a question of time imo.

IWasThere2016
16-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Yes, but what does FTAOD mean in this instance? I bet you're a lawyer in real life.

For the avoidance of doubt - and I am NOT a lawyer thanks very much! :greengrin

IWasThere2016
16-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Speculation (informed or otherwise) is what makes this Messageboard so interesting and entertaining though.

If we have to wait on every Hibs related topic being officially announced via the Club website before we can comment then life would be pretty boring

:top marks

Keith_M
16-02-2010, 01:25 PM
For the avoidance of doubt - and I am NOT a lawyer thanks very much! :greengrin

Pity, I was going to ask for a few quid to tide me over till payday.

IWasThere2016
16-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Pity, I was going to ask for a few quid to tide me over till payday.

Ask anyway - I'll do as lawyers do and bill you :greengrin

freddie m
16-02-2010, 03:38 PM

:faf: :faf: :faf: :faf:
I see we are back to the famous weeks quote again.
glory glory
:flag::flag::flag:

greenlex
16-02-2010, 04:33 PM

Of course there was something to say. FFS. Are you saying if someone comes by information he shouldn't post because Hibs haven't said anything?
Are you telling me if you had information that something was happening (in this case something pretty major and with timescales at that time) you would not post because Hibs havent said anything?

Its a messageboard for fans. Its what makes the messageboard interesting.

I also believe this will be announced in the next week or so. I believe the the hold up was actually the change in planning for the stand not to be enclosed at the back rather than enclosed. I am not saying that is gospel but it's what I believe.

ruthven_raiders
16-02-2010, 05:26 PM
what's the reasoning behind changing the plans to the back of stand ie:confused not being enclosed?:confused:

greenlex
16-02-2010, 05:31 PM
what's the reasoning behind changing the plans to the back of stand ie:confused not being enclosed?:confused:
Reduced costs.

Ireallywasthere
16-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Heard from a good source that there is a fair chance the Old east will be gone by mid March

HFC 0-7
16-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Of course there was something to say. FFS. Are you saying if someone comes by information he shouldn't post because Hibs haven't said anything?
Are you telling me if you had information that something was happening (in this case something pretty major and with timescales at that time) you would not post because Hibs havent said anything?

Its a messageboard for fans. Its what makes the messageboard interesting.

I also believe this will be announced in the next week or so. I believe the the hold up was actually the change in planning for the stand not to be enclosed at the back rather than enclosed. I am not saying that is gospel but it's what I believe.

I agree that these sorts of things should be posted here, however, I think the problem here is that people 'may' have jumped the gun. The way the thread laid it out was that it was done and dusted, however timescales came and went several times. The OP has also said the delays could be down to costs etc, which is what others have said. If this is correct then nothing is done and dusted.

Normally these sorts of things are posted as 'I heard', or rumours. This one was definate, others joined in saying they know great sources and this was definately happening, however, not much has happened.

IMO I think it will happen, I think the OP may have just been a bit too eager to get this out there when it was still very early in the process, possibly not understanding the full process and possible delays that can occur with something like this. The fact that people are getting so annoyed about this is because many really want this to go ahead and dont want to be disappointed, others hope it wont happen because they love the current east and other just want to make sure they have a chance to say goodbye to the old east by ripping up their seat!

Hibbyradge
16-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Folks

Have info that the East Stand will be in place for the start of next season!

Reliably informed demolition of the current East will start in a number of weeks!!!

TQM

Looking good, G. :agree:

Andy74 - when you're in a hole, stop digging.

BroxburnHibee
16-02-2010, 07:00 PM
I agree that these sorts of things should be posted here, however, I think the problem here is that people 'may' have jumped the gun. The way the thread laid it out was that it was done and dusted, however timescales came and went several times. The OP has also said the delays could be down to costs etc, which is what others have said. If this is correct then nothing is done and dusted.

Normally these sorts of things are posted as 'I heard', or rumours. This one was definate, others joined in saying they know great sources and this was definately happening, however, not much has happened.

IMO I think it will happen, I think the OP may have just been a bit too eager to get this out there when it was still very early in the process, possibly not understanding the full process and possible delays that can occur with something like this. The fact that people are getting so annoyed about this is because many really want this to go ahead and dont want to be disappointed, others hope it wont happen because they love the current east and other just want to make sure they have a chance to say goodbye to the old east by ripping up their seat!

Me being one of them - Some folk need to learn the definition of patience :agree:

TQM's scoop was spot on AFAIK - we should hear something soon.

If I'm wrong I'll be back to post an apology - hope some others do the same :wink:

jabis
16-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Me being one of them - Some folk need to learn the definition of patience :agree:

If I'm wrong I'll be back to post an apology - hope some others do the same :wink:

Oh God .....Yes :greengrin
it's a clique thing :agree:

Removed
16-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Oh God .....Yes :greengrin
it's a clique thing :agree:

Broxburn :tsk tsk: You at it again :wink:

mim
16-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Just my tuppence worth, but is is glaringly obvious that the wheels are in motion for the new stand.

Why we should be knocking those who had the first hint of this for simply letting us all know, is beyond me.

There is simply too much evidence for there to be any doubt that this is happening and it is to the credit of the likes of TQM that he was able to tip us the wink as early as he did.

The wheels may grind slowly, but they are certainly grinding. :wink:

BroxburnHibee
16-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Broxburn :tsk tsk: You at it again :wink:

No AT anything BD :wink:

I'm nae good at wind ups :greengrin

down-the-slope
16-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Why does this thread still have an 'urgent' tag :dunno:

After 74000+ views surely its failed the urgent test

sleeping giant
16-02-2010, 10:19 PM

Do you really think it is important that he removes the thread tag? :faf:

ArabHibee
16-02-2010, 10:25 PM

:agree: Its making people look under false pretences.

sleeping giant
16-02-2010, 10:26 PM
:agree: Its making people look under false pretences.

Yer having a laugh eh :confused:

ArabHibee
16-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Yer having a laugh eh :confused:
:fishin:

sleeping giant
16-02-2010, 10:31 PM
:fishin:

Nearly had me :greengrin
I was about to log out in disgust :grr:

down-the-slope
16-02-2010, 10:33 PM

:agree: Trade description act :wink:

sleeping giant
16-02-2010, 10:38 PM
:agree: Trade description act :wink:

You must know by now what the thread is about :wink:

Saying that , you must know by now what TQM is about :greengrin

TheBall'sRound
16-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Latest update: I witnessed a man in a reflective vest (probably a builder but could equally have been a cyclist or a mental) look thoughtfully at the stadium from the entrance of the KFC at Meadowbank. Work must be due to start imminently!

jae
17-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Is it just a coincidence that we haven't announced ticket details for the Ross County game?

A game that is only just over 3 weeks away.

Or maybe there is some other announcement to be made first :wink: :greengrin

IWasThere2016
17-02-2010, 05:57 AM
Is it just a coincidence that we haven't announced ticket details for the Ross County game?

A game that is only just over 3 weeks away.

Or maybe there is some other announcement to be made first :wink: :greengrin

The plot fickens ...

TrinityHibs
17-02-2010, 06:27 AM
Latest update: I witnessed a man in a reflective vest (probably a builder but could equally have been a cyclist or a mental) look thoughtfully at the stadium from the entrance of the KFC at Meadowbank. Work must be due to start imminently!

Says it all really

HFC 0-7
17-02-2010, 07:10 AM
The plot fickens ...

TQM, I was just wondering how many names are now on your 'I told you so!' list?

IWasThere2016
17-02-2010, 07:17 AM

Are you worried?

HFC 0-7
17-02-2010, 07:21 AM
Are you worried?

I doubted you at first but after a PM I got from someone on here I believe you, although I think you jumped the gun slightly.

Mikey
17-02-2010, 07:26 AM

No.

IWasThere2016
17-02-2010, 07:32 AM
I doubted you at first but after a PM I got from someone on here I believe you, although I think you jumped the gun slightly.

It could be there's been a bit of unforeseen delay :cool2: and that no guns were jumped :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
17-02-2010, 07:56 AM

:hilarious "TQMs scoop" :hilarious

Andy74
17-02-2010, 08:05 AM
It could be there's been a bit of unforeseen delay :cool2: and that no guns were jumped :wink:

That doesn't really make sense. Delays are part of the process. I think the process was obviously ongoing and maybe at the final stages but it wasn't complete.

Anyway I really do hope we hear soon. Can't wait for it to get done.

IWasThere2016
17-02-2010, 08:48 AM
That doesn't really make sense. Delays are part of the process. I think the process was obviously ongoing and maybe at the final stages but it wasn't complete.

Anyway I really do hope we hear soon. Can't wait for it to get done.

It does make sense. Milestone dates in the ITT have been missed - there have been delays. Trust me.

CallumLaidlaw
17-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Have info that the East Stand will be in place for the start of next season!
TQM

I'm happy that this is what TQM said at the start. If the stand is built by the start of the new season, then his original info is still correct. The announcement is delayed so far, but not the completion date.

MrSmith
17-02-2010, 09:44 AM
does it really matter?

Whether it happens or not just look at the debate that has been generated! Fantastic!

Crumbs of information right, wrong and downright ridiculous are what makes forums tick!

I truly believe this will happen, when? I dont know but if its ready the start of next season magic!

Even if that does include the corners filled in, the bubble dome roof and the big tv screens...what a discussion eh!:cool2:

Danderhall Hibs
17-02-2010, 09:50 AM
If the stand is built by the start of the new season, then his original info is still correct. The announcement is delayed so far, but not the completion date.

Fair point.

Golden Bear
17-02-2010, 10:04 AM
It does make sense. Milestone dates in the ITT have been missed - there have been delays. Trust me.

Tender evaluation can be a long winded and complicated process but at the end of the day thousands of pounds can be saved so the Club will want to ensure that everything has been covered and fully explained.

Construction companies often submit very competitive quotes in order to ensure a successful bid but thereafter they can screw the client for items such as unforeseen ground conditions and/or other contractual claim items.

I'm sure Rod is well versed in the process and he'll have our Quantity Surveyors and Architects working overtime as we speak!

Gerard
17-02-2010, 10:12 AM
does it really matter?

Whether it happens or not just look at the debate that has been generated! Fantastic!

Crumbs of information right, wrong and downright ridiculous are what makes forums tick!

I truly believe this will happen, when? I dont know but if its ready the start of next season magic!

Even if that does include the corners filled in, the bubble dome roof and the big tv screens...what a discussion eh!:cool2:

and the executive helicopter pad:wink:and railway station:wink::devil:
G

Andy74
17-02-2010, 10:41 AM

Start of next season would be great so let's hope so.

IWasThere2016
17-02-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm happy that this is what TQM said at the start. If the stand is built by the start of the new season, then his original info is still correct. The announcement is delayed so far, but not the completion date.

:aok:

does it really matter?

:top marks

Fife-Hibee
17-02-2010, 11:57 AM
and the executive helicopter pad:wink:and railway station:wink::devil:
G

What about the hotel like the BIG TEAM are getting ? Typical Rod build things on the cheap :grr: :devil:

--------
17-02-2010, 12:23 PM
What about the hotel like the BIG TEAM are getting ? Typical Rod build things on the cheap :grr: :devil:

And the shopping mall and underground car-parking?

Rod - get this sorted, NOW! :grr:

Keith_M
17-02-2010, 12:29 PM

Nope, he's now commited himself to the announcement being made by 2nd March at the absolute latest.

The details are located on page 29 of this thread.

Mikey
17-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Nope, he's now commited himself to the announcement being made by 2nd March at the absolute latest.

Work starts before that date.

Speedway
17-02-2010, 12:34 PM
And the shopping mall and underground car-parking?

Rod - get this sorted, NOW! :grr:

Many a true word spoken in jest. Will there be any additional parking as a result of the redevelopment? That's the only factor that lets us down IMO.

GreenPJ
17-02-2010, 12:36 PM

If still at ITT stage then a decision in principle has still to be made on the contractor and the contract issues will still have to be gone through.

I don't work in the construction industry but the industry I do work in contract negotiations and drafting can take anything from two weeks to two years. I would be surprised if Hibs wanted to announce anything without having agreed contract details and so would that not suggest at very least a month away?

BroxburnHibee
17-02-2010, 01:18 PM
:hilarious "TQMs scoop" :hilarious

Thought you would like that :greengrin

Horse
17-02-2010, 04:13 PM
I have no idea if/when the East will be rebuilt and as an East Stand regular I have often been torn between the idea of building a new stand or just keeping the existing one as it is the only part of the ground that bears any resemblance to the Easter Road I remember as a wee boy.

I don't get to ER as often as I'd like to anymore as I live in Ireland but I was at the New Years day game and the Irvine Meadow game and I have now reluctantly accepted that we need to replace the East sooner rather than later. The seat I had at the derby had a terrible view. So bad that I couldn't see a whole half of the pitch as my view was blocked by the TV gantry. At the Irvine Meadow game I sat in the West Stand and looking directly at the East I realised that is does now look out of place in comparison to the rest of the ground.

All I would say now is that every effort should be made at the design stage to try to make the new stand as atmospheric as the old one. A bigger East with better facilities and the same (or better) atmosphere would give us the best stadium in Scotland (maybe not the biggest but the best).

So it's over to Rod and the gang to get it built then it's up to us, the fans to make the atmosphere.

RIP
17-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Work starts before that date.

Daily star newspaper headline the morn?

"Large erection looms over Easter Road!"

whiskyhibby
17-02-2010, 04:41 PM
I have no idea if/when the East will be rebuilt and as an East Stand regular I have often been torn between the idea of building a new stand or just keeping the existing one as it is the only part of the ground that bears any resemblance to the Easter Road I remember as a wee boy.

I don't get to ER as often as I'd like to anymore as I live in Ireland but I was at the New Years day game and the Irvine Meadow game and I have now reluctantly accepted that we need to replace the East sooner rather than later. The seat I had at the derby had a terrible view. So bad that I couldn't see a whole half of the pitch as my view was blocked by the TV gantry. At the Irvine Meadow game I sat in the West Stand and looking directly at the East I realised that is does now look out of place in comparison to the rest of the ground.

All I would say now is that every effort should be made at the design stage to try to make the new stand as atmospheric as the old one. A bigger East with better facilities and the same (or better) atmosphere would give us the best stadium in Scotland (maybe not the biggest but the best).

So it's over to Rod and the gang to get it built then it's up to us, the fans to make the atmosphere.

Get it sorted Petrie...:grr::grr::grr:

HFC 0-7
17-02-2010, 05:37 PM

:faf::top marks

Pedantic_Hibee
17-02-2010, 06:04 PM

How did you know I was flying up north next week for a 2 day break in Albion Road? :confused:

random sub
17-02-2010, 06:09 PM

We need to bin this misleading thread and start new ones on this and other subjects. I am sick of the sight of this thread and it's false title!!:dizzy:

CentreLine
17-02-2010, 06:51 PM

If Carlsberg made delays it would not be the delay down Easter Road way they would put their name to. There is a much more impressive delay over the other side of town.
I hate being second best :grr:

MB62
18-02-2010, 07:31 AM
ok Rod, now would be a good time to lift a bit of the gloom and announce the new stand. :wink:

IWasThere2016
18-02-2010, 07:41 AM
We need to bin this misleading thread and start new ones on this and other subjects. I am sick of the sight of this thread and it's false title!!:dizzy:

brythehibby
18-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Guy at work who stays in the flats behind the east said there was work going on today at 12ish today with the stand being torn down?

Anyone confirm or is he at the wind up? Seemed genuine (he isn't a yam)

down-the-slope
18-02-2010, 02:12 PM

slightly :faf: like he finished the 100m while rest were still in blocks:tee hee:

HFC 0-7
18-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Guy at work who stays in the flats behind the east said there was work going on today at 12ish today with the stand being torn down?

Anyone confirm or is he at the wind up? Seemed genuine (he isn't a yam)

Surely a wind up! I think if this was true it would be the only thing that would make me feel happy after last nights result!

jacomo
18-02-2010, 03:23 PM
After all this East Stand chat, I popped down to Gorgie today to see if Vlad had also started work on their new stand, and just hadn't announced it.

Nope.

biggie1875
21-02-2010, 09:12 PM
any more news on if stand is being built this season ? just seems to have gone quiet on here

Gerard
21-02-2010, 10:05 PM
any more news on if stand is being built this season ? just seems to have gone quiet on here

Who knows??????????????????
Perhaps Uncle Rodders is still unhappy that he was conned out of his 50p:wink: Until return of said 50p the project is postponed:wink::greengrin
G

Thecat23
22-02-2010, 08:13 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100222/east-stand-at-easter-road-stadium_2262950_1973122 (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100222/east-stand-at-easter-road-stadium_2262950_1973122)

Happy days! :thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
22-02-2010, 08:16 AM
I think there's a heavy dose of GIRUY due to a few people on this thread, and a few apologies due :wink: