PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Update - New East Stand CONFIRMED

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

HFC 0-7
01-02-2010, 12:11 PM
We'll be alright if the emergency happens in the last ten minutes of a game, as half the folk will be on their way out already.

:blah::blah::blah:

Keep that for the other thread!

PaulSmith
01-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Difference is though, if there is an emergency at Hampden you can just go out onto the pitch. The problem the other poster is pointing out is that if there was an emergency at ER then you would have to go from the back all the way forward to safety.

No offence guys but if there's planning permissin granted for this lay out then it will pass the most recent and stringest H&S laws and therefore not really worth worrying about.

HFC 0-7
01-02-2010, 12:13 PM
No offence guys but if there's planning permissin granted for this lay out then it will pass the most recent and stringest H&S laws and therefore not really worth worrying about.

I am not saying the problem, I was just explaining the other posters points. My opinion is that there isnt enough rows for it to be a problem as the largers stadiums with 2 tears will have just as many rows to get down to an exit.

Keith_M
01-02-2010, 12:16 PM
I don't see a problem with that. Go down 32 rows of seats and you're at ground level. Compare that with Hampden, where you have to first go UP 50 rows and then all the way back down the exit stairs. I'd imagine exiting the East stand will be much the quicker of the two.

Difference is though, if there is an emergency at Hampden you can just go out onto the pitch. The problem the other poster is pointing out is that if there was an emergency at ER then you would have to go from the back all the way forward to safety.

OK, you're in the back row at Hampden and need to get to the pitch down 50 rows, or in the back row of the East and have to go down 32 rows. Which would you say is the quickest?

There's loads of stadia where 30+ rows is the norm, I wouldn't have thought they were all unsafe.

ScottB
01-02-2010, 12:20 PM
To be honest id rather they filled in the corners first, that would help with the atmosphere big time i think

Hibs have previously said that's not possible, due to the road layout around the ground.

At most I could see us closing them off with structures / walls etc. but it won't be stands.

Baw187
01-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Hibs have previously said that's not possible, due to the road layout around the ground.

At most I could see us closing them off with structures / walls etc. but it won't be stands.

We could defor fill the corner between the FF and East and possibly the West and South - it's the others that are the problem.

Just stick a couple of giant tellys in they corners. :greengrin

HFC 0-7
01-02-2010, 12:28 PM
OK, you're in the back row at Hampden and need to get to the pitch down 50 rows, or in the back row of the East and have to go down 32 rows. Which would you say is the quickest?

There's loads of stadia where 30+ rows is the norm, I wouldn't have thought they were all unsafe.

If you read my other posts on this thread you will see I dont think its unsafe, however, I would say if I was in the back row of hampden I would go out the exit and not down 50 rows!!!! You could run onto the pitch if you like!

GreenCastle
01-02-2010, 01:15 PM
http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=153002&page=

This shows how the stand would look - so the exit's aren't right at the front but still rows from the back.

The stand is meant to be as steep at as the upper tiers of the West / North etc so with no hand rail could be very steep!

The open back part of the stand is mentoned in this thread also.

RoslinInstHibby
01-02-2010, 01:23 PM
We could defor fill the corner between the FF and East and possibly the West and South - it's the others that are the problem.

Just stick a couple of giant tellys in they corners. :greengrin

:thumbsup: would look quality eh?

Jack
01-02-2010, 02:58 PM

TBF I think they / you mean not viable, rather than not possible.

For example Atletico Madrid have a 6 (maybe 4) lane by-pass / motorway thing running under one of their stands.

It would be possible to do this at ER just not viable.

Keith_M
01-02-2010, 03:02 PM
If you read my other posts on this thread you will see I dont think its unsafe, however, I would say if I was in the back row of hampden I would go out the exit and not down 50 rows!!!! You could run onto the pitch if you like!

Not after the last time!!! They Stewards get a bit uppity about it for some reason.

:greengrin

the happy hibee
02-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Have it on good authority that the hibs v aberdeen game will be the last for the old east stand! Work will start by putting floodlights in the corners between east and south and east and north for the remainder of the season and then the demolition will begin! :notworthy::notworthy:

ronaldo7
02-02-2010, 07:48 PM
my guesses are

Hamilton won't be the last game.

St. Mirren will be the last game.

Edin City / Montrose might be a wee chance if demolition is delayed by a few days. Might well have been delayed if it was a big cup tie.

Aberdeen no chance IMO will the East be open for business.

I think Hibs might need to announce something very soon to enable current East Season Holders get their new seat sorted.

I can see this one as the last game in the East. The tenders are out but no final figures back yet, so they'll need some time for current ticket holders to get down/contact ER for their new seats.

:rolleyes:

degenerated
02-02-2010, 07:50 PM
TBF I think they / you mean not viable, rather than not possible.

For example Atletico Madrid have a 6 (maybe 4) lane by-pass / motorway thing running under one of their stands.

It would be possible to do this at ER just not viable.

not sure if they would be able to fit a 6 or 4 lane bypass/motorway round there :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
02-02-2010, 08:50 PM
not sure if they would be able to fit a 6 or 4 lane bypass/motorway round there :greengrin

Is Tynie's pitch wide enough to take it?

Gatecrasher
02-02-2010, 08:53 PM
tomorrow would be a perfect day announce this, i hope Rod thinks the same :greengrin

Andy74
02-02-2010, 08:54 PM
I think I'd piss myself. Seriously.

--------
02-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Is Tynie's pitch wide enough to take it?

If it's wide enough for Nade, it's wide enough for 8 lanes, never mind 6.

Baw187
02-02-2010, 09:03 PM

As long as you go home and change yer drawers before meeting us at 6. Dinnae fancy sitting at a table wi you reeking of pish. :bitchy:

Removed
02-02-2010, 09:06 PM

As long as you go home and change yer drawers before meeting us at 6. Dinnae fancy sitting at a table wi you reeking of pish. :bitchy:

He'll be at your end :faf:

Dibben
02-02-2010, 09:16 PM
tomorrow would be a perfect day announce this, i hope Rod thinks the same :greengrin

:thumbsup:

That has really got to happen!!!

BH.

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2010, 09:21 PM

I'd personally be tempted to hold off till Thursday. Let the Yams have their bitter inquest first, then announce the stand and have a damned good laugh.

MacBean
02-02-2010, 09:37 PM
I'd personally be tempted to hold off till Thursday. Let the Yams have their bitter inquest first, then announce the stand and have a damned good laugh.

hear hear!! :top marks

.Sean.
02-02-2010, 09:41 PM
hear hear!! :top marks
Off-topic but that's one impressive flag :thumbsup:

MacBean
02-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Off-topic but that's one impressive flag :thumbsup:

thank you, i made it me-sel!

had it out at the weekend (however there was 3 less flags attached to it at the time)

will have it out a lot more frequently at the home games, west upper! and if i dont get told by stewards ill drape it over the side at the start of the games prior to kick off

If you can get a photo that would be great!

1000th post :greengrin

Hibs07p
03-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Maybe we're just letting Hearts get their bad news day (£17.6M now due) out of the way first and then RP announces the new stand development with a sly s******? :dunno:

Have we not got a boot in the baws smilie? :greengrin

MB62
03-02-2010, 07:53 AM
I think it's high time Rod's P.R. agent TQM and his band of assistants that he has conned, sorry, gathered, came clean and admitted this was just a big ploy to get everyone to buy half season tickets and that there really is no such plan to build a new East Stand any time in the near future.

Antifa Hibs
03-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Why the **** have we allocated Aberdeen only 1000 tickets yet are still selling tickets online for the East.... Something just doesn't add up...

Andy74
03-02-2010, 08:36 AM
Why the **** have we allocated Aberdeen only 1000 tickets yet are still selling tickets online for the East.... Something just doesn't add up...

Just guessing but the East punters could be accomodated in the South if required. Nowhere for any more Dons fans to go.

The_Todd
03-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Just guessing but the East punters could be accomodated in the South if required. Nowhere for any more Dons fans to go.

Still a bit odd though.The Sheep match is next week, and we're selling tickets for the East still. Very short notice now if this was to happen. Also you'd think that Hibs would be warning us that there's reduced capacity for a match so soon?

Something doesn't quite stack up either way.

Antifa Hibs
03-02-2010, 08:40 AM

Surely if the club where going to announce something and move the East standers into the south, they wouldn't be selling tickets for that stand..?

Part/Time Supporter
03-02-2010, 08:42 AM

Mind, there were problems with the Sheep last time as they were allowed to PATG and most of them showed up at 2.55

:rolleyes:

PaulSmith
03-02-2010, 08:44 AM
Demolition after the Aberdeen game then?

MB62
03-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Demolition after the Aberdeen game then?

Demolition OF Aberdeen imminent :wink: :greengrin

BSEJVT
03-02-2010, 09:00 AM
To be honest I never thought they would demolish the East before the Aberdeen game as it gives them a floodlight problem that will only add to any cost.

They only have one more night game this season unless they have a cup replay in the Q against Dundee Utd and I would guess they will hire in Portbale Floodlights for that game.

If need be they can bring forward Saturday kick off's, they are changed all the time anyway.

Maybe they expect thousands more Hibs fans to turn out against Aberdeen for nostalgia to witness the end of the East Stand if redevelopment is announced before then?

HFC 0-7
03-02-2010, 09:14 AM
To be honest I never thought they would demolish the East before the Aberdeen game as it gives them a floodlight problem that will only add to any cost.

They only have one more night game this season unless they have a cup replay in the Q against Dundee Utd and I would guess they will hire in Portbale Floodlights for that game.

If need be they can bring forward Saturday kick off's, they are changed all the time anyway.

Maybe they expect thousands more Hibs fans to turn out against Aberdeen for nostalgia to witness the end of the East Stand if redevelopment is announced before then?

I think they will still need the floodlights for the afternoon kickoffs! On Saturday the floodlights were on before the game kicked off.

Dr Jimmy
03-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Why can we not wait until the close season and avoid any impact the stand construction may have on the team, especially as we have a good chance of 3rd?
We have seen it before when teams are building their ground during the season it can effect the team.

Andy74
03-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Why can we not wait until the close season and avoid any impact the stand construction may have on the team, especially as we have a good chance of 3rd?
We have seen it before when teams are building their ground during the season it can effect the team.

Aye, but next year we are going for first so lets not disrupt the start of that one!

BSEJVT
03-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Nearly a further month till next Saturday kick off and bear in mind that light improves at circa 20 minutes per week.

3 Stands worth of floodlights remaining and push kick off forward by an hour or whatever.

Job done

Simples.

Dr Jimmy
03-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Nearly a further month till next Saturday kick off and bear in mind that light improves at circa 20 minutes per week.

3 Stands worth of floodlights remaining and push kick off forward by an hour or whatever.

Job done

Simples.

It's only 17 days from the Aberdeen game until we play ST Johnstone at home.

HFC 0-7
03-02-2010, 09:54 AM

Job done

Simples.

There is only floodlights on the west and east, not on the south or north. If the east is knocked down after the aberdeen game, we will need temp floodlights IMO.

BSEJVT
03-02-2010, 09:56 AM
It's only 17 days from the Aberdeen game until we play ST Johnstone at home.

But nearly a month from now

BSEJVT
03-02-2010, 09:56 AM
There is only floodlights on the west and east, not on the south or north. If the east is knocked down after the aberdeen game, we will need temp floodlights IMO.

Quite possibly but delaying till after Aberdeen game does make it easier

HFC 0-7
03-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Quite possibly but delaying till after Aberdeen game does make it easier

Agree! Also, I dont see a problem with them bringing in temp flood lights for 2 or 3 games until its light enough. I really hope this is going ahead and is not the biggest wind up ever on here since Hibs Spain claimed that we were traumtized by Maka's natural ability!

surreyhibbie
03-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Have it on good authority that the hibs v aberdeen game will be the last for the old east stand! Work will start by putting floodlights in the corners between east and south and east and north for the remainder of the season and then the demolition will begin! :notworthy::notworthy:

Hope so! :thumbsup: where did you hear that, Eddie?

Gerard
03-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Hope so! :thumbsup: where did you hear that, Eddie?

When will this work start
G

Speedway
03-02-2010, 10:08 AM
I assume that the TV cameras will move to the West and show an empty patch of ground as a backdrop to each game?

cockneymike
03-02-2010, 10:16 AM
they did that when the west was built

IWasThere2016
03-02-2010, 11:22 AM
I think it's high time Rod's P.R. agent TQM and his band of assistants that he has conned, sorry, gathered, came clean and admitted this was just a big ploy to get everyone to buy half season tickets and that there really is no such plan to build a new East Stand any time in the near future.

WASH YER MOOTH OOT MAN!!! :grr:

Part/Time Supporter
03-02-2010, 11:42 AM
WASH YER MOOTH OOT MAN!!! :grr:

:fishin:

CMac1988
03-02-2010, 11:44 AM
I assume that the TV cameras will move to the West and show an empty patch of ground as a backdrop to each game?

Failing that, they can always chuck up some scaffolding and setup a makeshift stand for the cameramen...

IWasThere2016
03-02-2010, 11:48 AM

Truth is RP's got me gagged. I am awaiting instruction as to what I can/cannot say next :wink:

MB62
03-02-2010, 12:23 PM

:agree: :greengrin

GreenCastle
03-02-2010, 12:25 PM
it's on the official site ......

The fixtures :wink: ....so after Aberdeen we have 3 away games.

Surely Aberdeen will be the last home game with the current East :agree:

I think selling tickets online for it prove this :agree: - EDIT - I should check all the website info

Speedway
03-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Failing that, they can always chuck up some scaffolding and setup a makeshift stand for the cameramen...

Might get in the way of the construction though.

GreenCastle
03-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Can they not use where Hibernian TV brodcast from in the West ? Thought the whole idea was to move the cameras to the West ?

I did notice in the drawings for the East they have 2 camera areas right at the front middle and at the back also.

Baw187
03-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Can they not use where Hibernian TV brodcast from in the West ? Thought the whole idea was to move the cameras to the West ?

I did notice in the drawings for the East they have 2 camera areas right at the front middle and at the back also.

That was my expectation.

GreenCastle
03-02-2010, 12:49 PM
I think when the stand is sorted the new camera angle / height will look great.

Always liked how Hibernian TV was higher up.

Another good thing about the East going will be that they can sort the issue they have with floodlights hardly covering the touchline.

PaulSmith
03-02-2010, 12:49 PM

I think selling tickets online for it prove this :agree:

but tickets are onsale online for the Killie game...

GreenCastle
03-02-2010, 12:51 PM
but tickets are onsale online for the Killie game...

Hum....................:confused:

The_Todd
03-02-2010, 12:59 PM

I think selling tickets online for it prove this :agree:

I've just logged into the eticketing, you can buy tickets for the East Stand for two the home matches v Killie and St Johnstone.

GreenCastle
03-02-2010, 01:00 PM
I've just logged into the eticketing, you can buy tickets for the East Stand for two the home matches v Killie and St Johnstone.

I was just using info on here as I hadn't actually logged onto the ticket part myself.

Wonder what may happen........:confused:

Antifa Hibs
03-02-2010, 01:04 PM
So this thread is 800 posts of utter pesh then. :faf:

CMac1988
Might get in the way of the construction though.

Very true. Especially if the East go's up in the same way that the West did (Starting with the middle section's and branching out).

Ahh well it'll just have too look pretty s****y on the tube for a few months.

greenlex
I was just using info on here as I hadn't actually logged onto the ticket part myself.

Wonder what may happen........:confused:

The barcode will be changed to seat you in another seat in the ground. The will contact anyone who has purchased. There will be few if any in this category. They will be working on the basis of it being easier to relocate than lose rusk losing any potential sale by not selling now.

--------
03-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Truth is RP's got me gagged. I am awaiting instruction as to what I can/cannot say next :wink:

Not the leather chaps and genital cuff again, TQM? :cool2:

--------
03-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Very true. Especially if the East go's up in the same way that the West did (Starting with the middle section's and branching out).

Ahh well it'll just have too look pretty s****y on the tube for a few months.

Actually, no.

It will provide numerous opportunities for Hibs supporters to point out to Yambolinos that the building site forming the backdrop to our televised matches is a NEW STAND GOING UP.

UNLIKE THEIR NEW STAND, WHICH IS STILL PACKED AWAY IN A BIG PILE OF CARDBOARD BOXES..... :devil:

The_Todd
03-02-2010, 01:19 PM
The barcode will be changed to seat you in another seat in the ground. The will contact anyone who has purchased. There will be few if any in this category. They will be working on the basis of it being easier to relocate than lose rusk losing any potential sale by not selling now.

I'd still think it would make more sense for Hibs to advise potential customers that supply will be restricted, though?

If it was happening as soon as this month I would expect we would be told by now, they can't sell tickets for seats they know won't be available surely?

greenlex
03-02-2010, 02:00 PM
I'd still think it would make more sense for Hibs to advise potential customers that supply will be restricted, though?

If it was happening as soon as this month I would expect we would be told by now, they can't sell tickets for seats they know won't be available surely?
These tickets will be few and far between. How many will pre purchase a ticket for either of these matches? On the off chance that folks want to purchase them I reckon it would be better to sell them and then relocate.

IWasThere2016
03-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Not the leather chaps and genital cuff again, TQM? :cool2:

What can I say? I'm irresistible!

IWasThere2016
04-02-2010, 07:33 AM

That sounds spot on to me! :agree: Unlike Lex's pash below! :wink: :greengrin

I find the open at the back part a little odd, the stand is supposed to be the same height as the other stands so what is the purpose of having it open at the back (other than letting the wind/rain in and the noise out)?

Presumably the entrances will be at the bottom?

This is not the case. It will be enclosed.

Yer havering 'lex lad! :cool2: :greengrin

MB62
04-02-2010, 07:59 AM
That sounds spot on to me! :agree: Unlike Lex's pash below! :wink: :greengrin

Yer havering 'lex lad! :cool2: :greengrin

So now your saying this mythical new stand is going to be open to the elements where everybody will be freezing their bits off?

Next you will be saying the seats will be burgandy :greengrin

PaulSmith
04-02-2010, 08:44 AM
So now your saying this mythical new stand is going to be open to the elements where everybody will be freezing their bits off?

Nah, think more of the away stand at Killie rather than the West Stand at Easter Road.

hibs is life
04-02-2010, 08:55 AM
how long they saying its going take to compleit?

Mikey
04-02-2010, 09:03 AM

Pretty sure the proposed completion date is 16th August. Don't have it to hand though.

Sandy
04-02-2010, 09:04 AM

In place before the start of next season, Early August :confused:

IWasThere2016
04-02-2010, 10:03 AM

No burgundy - maroony pinky purple likes :agree:

Hibee-Rocker
04-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Really cant see this new stand getting started after the aberdeen game, the club would of said something official by now... Why wid it be such a big secret ...................

Gerard
04-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Building this new stand would be a big investment for our club and would give the club the capability to sell more tickets to the Hibs kids and other groups.
I attended the AGM and I am surprised that Hibs are going to build the stand this year. I hope that this happens
G

The_Todd
04-02-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm starting to doubt we'll see a new East any time soon at all, really. Once enough work has been done to activate the planning consent, I suspect it'll be a case of tools being dropped until a much later date.

Very much love to be proven wrong.

Jamesie
04-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Decided to do a wee bit digging by calling the ticket office:

Jamesie: Hi, I'm a season ticket holder in the East Stand and I was wondering when I'll be able to pick my seat in another part of the ground for the rest of the season after the East is closed?

Ticket Office: <Pause> Erm, we don't have any information on that.

Jamesie: OK, do you know when further information on this will be available?

Ticket Office: All I can say is just keep an eye on the website.

Interesting that there was no outright denial that the East is coming down - I'm still of the view the Aberdeen game will be the last fixture for which it is in use. I'd expect an announcement soonish though if it is going to be.

IWasThere2016
04-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Really cant see this new stand getting started after the aberdeen game, the club would of said something official by now... Why wid it be such a big secret ...................

Everything's a secret with Hibs until i's are dotted, t's crossed and contracts signed :cool2:

bawheid
04-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Everything's a secret with Hibs until i's are dotted, t's crossed and contracts signed :cool2:

You starting to panic yet TQM?

Rep's on the line here man. :cool2::greengrin

matty_f
04-02-2010, 12:44 PM

:faf: What rep??!!:greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
04-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Building this new stand would be a big investment for our club and would give the club the capability to sell more tickets to the Hibs kids and other groups.
I attended the AGM and I am surprised that Hibs are going to build the stand this year. I hope that this happens
G

Thought you always sat in the East anyway G. ?

--------
04-02-2010, 01:19 PM
I can now tell you all with absolute authority that I have sacrificed several chickens and a young Jambo, and having read their entrails with deep and undivided attention, the following WILL HAPPEN.

If the diggers move in, the work will begin.

If the ST-holders move out, we're in with a shout.

If the Tash finds the cash, then the steel will be real.

If Hibs keep on scoring, the concrete will be pouring.

You read it here first. :devil:

MB62
04-02-2010, 01:38 PM
I can now tell you all with absolute authority that I have sacrificed several chickens and a young Jambo, and having read their entrails with deep and undivided attention, the following WILL HAPPEN.

If the diggers move in, the work will begin.

If the ST-holders move out, we're in with a shout.

If the Tash finds the cash, then the steel will be real.

If Hibs keep on scoring, the concrete will be pouring.

You read it here first. :devil:

Don't believe The Quiet Man, The story is Shan :wink:

IWasThere2016
04-02-2010, 01:53 PM

Nae panic here

Don't believe The Quiet Man, The story is Shan :wink:

:faf:

Danderhall Hibs
04-02-2010, 02:04 PM
There’s so many folk doubting TQMs “info” now that you can guarantee when the club get round to announcing this is happening TQM will be on here with all the smug smileys he can possibly find. Doesn’t matter to him if he’s been wrong with the dates and that he’ll be claiming the exclusive.

You can have that as an exclusive and believe me it’s FACT.

GreenCastle
04-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Decided to do a wee bit digging by calling the ticket office:

Jamesie: Hi, I'm a season ticket holder in the East Stand and I was wondering when I'll be able to pick my seat in another part of the ground for the rest of the season after the East is closed?

Ticket Office: <Pause> Erm, we don't have any information on that.

Jamesie: OK, do you know when further information on this will be available?

Ticket Office: All I can say is just keep an eye on the website.

Interesting that there was no outright denial that the East is coming down - I'm still of the view the Aberdeen game will be the last fixture for which it is in use. I'd expect an announcement soonish though if it is going to be.

Whose next to call up and play detective ? :greengrin

Surely something would have slipped form a ticket office member also to a member of the public ?

Hibee-Rocker
04-02-2010, 02:06 PM

Yea i can understand that, but do you really think they will sign the contract one day and start the next.... If the contract aint been signed by now then no way will it start after the aberdeen game, only my humble opinion...

Part/Time Supporter
04-02-2010, 02:13 PM
There’s so many folk doubting TQMs “info” now that you can guarantee when the club get round to announcing this is happening TQM will be on here with all the smug smileys he can possibly find. Doesn’t matter to him if he’s been wrong with the dates and that he’ll be claiming the exclusive.

:agree:

We really should have deleted this ASAP.

TQM having rumour credibility forever...

http://sinigami.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/picard-facepalm2.jpg

MyJo
04-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Yea i can understand that, but do you really think they will sign the contract one day and start the next.... If the contract aint been signed by now then no way will it start after the aberdeen game, only my humble opinion...

Your right there is no point in announcing a new stand being built when the contract hasn't been signed for the work.

However that doesn't mean that a contract to start the demolition of the stand from the 11th February hasn't been signed yet.

Gerard
04-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Thought you always sat in the East anyway G. ?

Not now when I was a RWM:wink:
G

Hibs90
04-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Heard from a semi-decent source it ain't getting built this year, don't hold me to that though.

Hibee-Rocker
04-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Your right there is no point in announcing a new stand being built when the contract hasn't been signed for the work.

However that doesn't mean that a contract to start the demolition of the stand from the 11th February hasn't been signed yet.

Sure, which takes it back to why if it is going ahead after next weeks aberdeen game has it not been announced... There no reason not to announce it with it being so close... Id be willing to bet that it wont happen this season....

IWasThere2016
04-02-2010, 03:41 PM

:love ya!:

I have also revised dates :cool2:

HFC 0-7
04-02-2010, 03:58 PM

The problem is his dates! 'Coming soon' and 'Matter of weeks' '7 - 10 days.' All these dates are coming and going, I dont doubt that we will see that stand go up, just when it will be, next week? Month? Or 2020?

scoopyboy
04-02-2010, 04:00 PM
The problem is his dates! 'Coming soon' and 'Matter of weeks' '7 - 10 days.' All these dates are coming and going, I dont doubt that we will see that stand go up, just when it will be, next week? Month? Or 2020?

2010, if not it may never be built.

Only IMO of course.

forthhibby
04-02-2010, 04:38 PM
anyone know why the online ticketing site doesn't give access to the east stand to check availablity and the south stand is showing sold out for the aberdeen and st johnstone games :confused:

Kaiser_Sauzee
04-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Here's what I reckon to people on here and their sources:

Posters with genuine sources: 2%
Posters slavering p1sh: 98%

PaulSmith
04-02-2010, 04:42 PM
anyone know why the online ticketing site doesn't give access to the east stand to check availablity and the south stand is showing sold out for the aberdeen and st johnstone games :confused:

No change to the on line ticketing as far as I can see mate, still able to book for the East and the South is always shown as 'Sold Out' online as it's kept for walk up fans and obviously away supporters.

forthhibby
04-02-2010, 04:45 PM
bloody aol browser wouldn't let me view east stand but all the other ones, thought moves were afoot, i'll sit back and shut up again :dizzy:

Gerard
04-02-2010, 04:46 PM
If this is a windup........ it is in bad taste. If it is true about the new stand being built then it is a good thread
G :wink:

matty_f
04-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Heard from a semi-decent source it ain't getting built this year, don't hold me to that though.

Have you been right with anything? :greengrin

scoopyboy
04-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Sure, which takes it back to why if it is going ahead after next weeks aberdeen game has it not been announced... There no reason not to announce it with it being so close... Id be willing to bet that it wont happen this season....

How much are you willing to bet?

Gerard
04-02-2010, 07:57 PM

You seem to have faith that the stand will be built:wink:
G

scoopyboy
04-02-2010, 08:00 PM
You seem to have faith that the stand will be built:wink:
G

I'm either in the know or I like a flutter, who knows?

.Sean.
04-02-2010, 08:01 PM
A pound :greengrin

Winner can donate it to a charity of their choice, ie Rangers or Hearts.

IWasThere2016
04-02-2010, 08:06 PM

Ah meant working days :greengrin when I said this on 27 Jan

I expect an announcement in the next 7-10 days. Work to start next month, and with the completion for/in early August.

The_Todd
04-02-2010, 08:08 PM

21270 vbuttons :wink:

Gerard
04-02-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm either in the know or I like a flutter, who knows?
one person knows

You:wink:
G

scoopyboy
04-02-2010, 08:10 PM
21270 vbuttons :wink:

Funnily enough I have 21270 vbuttons as well. Wished I knew what the hell they were for.

Danderhall Hibs
04-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Funnily enough I have 21270 vbuttons as well. Wished I knew what the hell they were for.

They're for betting with - here (http://www.hibs.net/message/forumdisplay.php?f=18).

RoYO!
04-02-2010, 08:13 PM
maybe time to take the 'urgent' prefix off the thread title? :wink:

Gerard
04-02-2010, 08:15 PM
maybe time to take the 'urgent' prefix off the thread title? :wink:

To East Stand coming soon:greengrin
G

Green'nWhite
04-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Would love to see the new East 'coming soon' but just cannot see it just yet.

They only have a Stage A building warrant which currently allows them to demolish and build the new foundations. The stage C,D & E warrants would take around 8 months just to be approved and they have not even been submitted yet. So no steelwork or substructure let alone completion by next August. If these are submitted it will be a sure sign that our glorious new East is 'coming soon'.:party:

For what its worth, my guess is they have put out the job to be priced in order to check whether they can afford it. If they decide they can then they will probably look to demolish at the end of this season and put in the foundations ready for construction during next season.

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Well, I was walking past Easter Road and I saw a shiny new East Stand being unloaded in bits and pieces ready for assembly.

Gerard
04-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Well, I was walking past Easter Road and I saw a shiny new East Stand being unloaded in bits and pieces ready for assembly.

When did you see this and did you take a picture as proof of what you saw?
G

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2010, 10:30 PM
When did you see this and did you take a picture as proof of what you saw?
G

Ok, i'll come clean. I am the East Stand. I've been living a double life for so long it's great to come out and admit it. I've been lying in pieces for so long and I can't wait to be assembled. I hope to be open to you all before Hearts go out of business or Hibs win the Scottish Cup.

Gerard
04-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Ok, i'll come clean. I am the East Stand. I've been living a double life for so long it's great to come out and admit it. I've been lying in pieces for so long and I can't wait to be assembled. I hope to be open to you all before Hearts go out of business or Hibs win the Scottish Cup.

I suppose that is one way to look at this situation
reminds me of a Monty Phython sketch......... this thread is getting very silly now..........
G

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Would love to see the new East 'coming soon' but just cannot see it just yet.

They only have a Stage A building warrant which currently allows them to demolish and build the new foundations. The stage C,D & E warrants would take around 8 months just to be approved and they have not even been submitted yet. So no steelwork or substructure let alone completion by next August. If these are submitted it will be a sure sign that our glorious new East is 'coming soon'.:party:

For what its worth, my guess is they have put out the job to be priced in order to check whether they can afford it. If they decide they can then they will probably look to demolish at the end of this season and put in the foundations ready for construction during next season.

:confused:

oregonhibby
05-02-2010, 05:17 AM
It is coming - soon.

IWasThere2016
05-02-2010, 06:04 AM

Havenae checked but if that's the case it suggests to me that the East will be closed and people relocated to the South.

There's no way the South is 'sold out' for these games :wink:

I think the delay is probably because there's a cooncil 'worker' or lawyer involved in the process! :greengrin :devil:

MB62
05-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Ok, i'll come clean. I am the East Stand. I've been living a double life for so long it's great to come out and admit it. .

You Know, I was thinking this was the case with TQM and Scoopyboy as they seem to be the only two who actually think this is going to happen SOON.

Come on guys , come clean, you are the same person really :confused: :greengrin

I do believe we will have a new stand in place, well, at least before the Yams have their new £51m hotel/stand in place anyway :greengrin

Last Minute
05-02-2010, 08:11 AM
It is coming - soon.

Source :wink:

Hibercelona
05-02-2010, 08:17 AM
I'm sure the Aberdeen game midweek will be the last game in the East before it gets knocked down.

Don't ask me for sauce, I used the last of it on the pies last night. :cool2:

IWasThere2016
05-02-2010, 08:25 AM
You Know, I was thinking this was the case with TQM and Scoopyboy as they seem to be the only two who actually think this is going to happen SOON.

Come on guys , come clean, you are the same person really :confused: :greengrin

Move along you :greengrin

Jamesie
05-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Call No.2 to ticket office

Jamesie: Hello, I was looking to buy tickets for the St Johnstone game on 27th February.

Ticket Office: Yes, no problem.

Jamesie: I'd like four together in the east please.

Ticket Office: Yes, which section?

Jamesie: Erm, maybe near the middle? Will we be able to get four together?

Ticket Office: Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. Near the front or near the back?

Jamesie: Eh, I've not discussed that yet with the guys. We really want them in the east - it will definitely still be open then? Its not going to close before then?

Ticket Office: We've heard nothing about it closing.

Jamesie: OK thanks I'll get back to you.

Keeping cards a lot closer to chests than yesterday :wink: :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
05-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Source :wink:

Trust him.

:wink:

I certainly trust him more than TQM, that's for sure

southfieldhibby
05-02-2010, 12:49 PM

Jamesie: Hello, I was looking to buy tickets for the St Johnstone game on 27th February.

Ticket Office: Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. Near the front or near the back?

Jamesie: Eh, I've not discussed that yet with the guys. We really want them in the east - it will definitely still be open then? Its not going to close before then?

Just been in buying Hun tickets and asked about the east being a concerned season ticket holder there.

'we've been told nothing'

'would you tell me if you knew?'

'nope'

GreenCastle
05-02-2010, 12:53 PM

We are all doomed :boo hoo::grr:

Alex Trager
05-02-2010, 12:55 PM
they must have been told to keep it sthum

Kaiser_Sauzee
05-02-2010, 01:09 PM
they must have been told to keep it sthum

I can only imagine the saliva there....

IWasThere2016
05-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Trust him.

:wink:

I certainly trust him more than TQM, that's for sure

.Sean.
05-02-2010, 02:07 PM
I can only imagine the saliva there....
:faf:

Hibby70
06-02-2010, 09:50 PM
i assume nobody in the east today got a letter saying that it would be closed on wed. Makes it strange that the dons are only getting a thousand tickets.

Gatecrasher
06-02-2010, 09:55 PM
i assume nobody in the east today got a letter saying that it would be closed on wed. Makes it strange that the dons are only getting a thousand tickets.

nope, will be open for Dons game :agree:

Keep the faith :thumbsup:

bingo70
06-02-2010, 10:14 PM

Doesn't really, it's a midweek game and they're pish.

If they sell out they'll get more tickets but they won't.

Spike Mandela
07-02-2010, 02:30 PM
In case this rumour is true I went to the East on Saturday for old times sake as my season in the west wasn't valid for the cup.

It brought back great memories and I was able to stand for the duration of the game, up the back at rowZ:thumbsup:

However, it made me realise the sooner this part of the ground is replaced the better. It really is a step back in time and has the feel of a well loved building that has fallen in to disrepair.

Thanks for the memories but time to move into the 21st Century:boo hoo:

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2010, 02:33 PM
I asked Fat :fibber:Jeff, who is 'in the know' about that sort of thing.:wink:

He denied the story.

But he's been known to tell porkies before.

Carheenlea
07-02-2010, 08:09 PM
In case this rumour is true I went to the East on Saturday for old times sake as my season in the west wasn't valid for the cup.

It brought back great memories and I was able to stand for the duration of the game, up the back at rowZ:thumbsup:

However, it made me realise the sooner this part of the ground is replaced the better. It really is a step back in time and has the feel of a well loved building that has fallen in to disrepair.

Thanks for the memories but time to move into the 21st Century:boo hoo:

I did exactly the same, no cup top up for my West Stand berth, so "treated" myself to the East for what could be a final visit.

Have to say though, thouroughly enjoyed standing for the duration, and the view of the park was excellent from where we stood, but agree 100% that it`s time to complete what will be a fine modern stadium.

Speedway
08-02-2010, 08:44 AM
The East Stand is getting built.

MB62
08-02-2010, 08:58 AM
The East Stand is getting built.

It already is built. According to some on here though, it is about to be knocked down. :wink: :stirrer:

Andy74
08-02-2010, 09:09 AM
It already is built. According to some on here though, it is about to be knocked down. :wink: :stirrer:

They'll be right eventually and will just claim that timescales changed since they got their info. :wink:

Speedway
08-02-2010, 09:39 AM

That's going to happen too. :agree:

Fat Penlon
08-02-2010, 09:52 AM
That's going to happen too. :agree:

Have you had an update this morning?

Speedway
08-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Have you had an update this morning?

Yes, John, from you.

jacomo
08-02-2010, 10:12 AM
So, no East Stand announcement, and the Yams are still in business.

Cup win or not, this is a pretty underwhelming way to start to the week, no?

Part/Time Supporter
08-02-2010, 11:11 AM
So, no East Stand announcement, and the Yams are still in business.

Cup win or not, this is a pretty underwhelming way to start to the week, no?

Who said it was going to be announced on Monday?

Baw187
08-02-2010, 11:14 AM

Will it be announcEd this week?

The_Todd
08-02-2010, 11:42 AM
The East Stand is sheer perfection and can't see what can be improved by tinkering.

It's not a stand, it's a way of life.

GREEEENNN ARRRRMMOOOYYYY!

jacomo
08-02-2010, 11:47 AM

If it was announced today it would already be a couple of weeks late, according to some who claim to be "in the know".

:yawn:

007 Mickey Weir
08-02-2010, 11:54 AM
This is getting a bit boring now. Its always 'later this week'........ this has been going on for months now. I will be surprised if it does, no-one seems to have good evidence other than hearsay!
I hope we do and it is ready for our European journey next season!

Sprouleflyer
08-02-2010, 11:58 AM
How soon is soon?

IWasThere2016
08-02-2010, 12:01 PM
How soon is soon?

Soon :wink:

jacomo
08-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Soon :wink:

Whatever.

Speedway
08-02-2010, 12:19 PM
This is getting a bit boring now. Its always 'later this week'........ this has been going on for months now. I will be surprised if it does, no-one seems to have good evidence other than hearsay!
I hope we do and it is ready for our European journey next season!

This thread was started on December 14th and the OP (posting on instruction) stated building to start 'in a few weeks'.

So I suppose it has been going 'for months' now although IF something is announced this month, the OP wouls still have been within a couple of weeks of it.

IWasThere2016
08-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Whatever.

If you're bored you could avoid the thread .. otherwise let's agree to apologise either way .. 'soon' :wink:

jacomo
08-02-2010, 12:48 PM
If you're bored you could avoid the thread .. otherwise let's agree to apologise either way .. 'soon' :wink:

You've already missed your deadline by some distance, by my reckoning.

I didn't start out bored by this thread, but I've certainly become bored now.

IWasThere2016
08-02-2010, 12:55 PM

Just remember the apology - I'll certainly do so if nothing come of this

greenlex
08-02-2010, 12:57 PM

Why keep posting on the thread that is boring you then? It takes a special person to keep doing that I reckon

Gerard
08-02-2010, 12:58 PM

There is a limited window in which the stand can be built and it may be that the project could start at the end of this year.
I hope it will start sooner
G

MB62
08-02-2010, 12:59 PM

Is this you starting to doubt yourself now? :greengrin

HFC 0-7
08-02-2010, 01:02 PM

I dont know if this is happening, but you did seem very sure when this thread started that it would have happened by now. What is making me doubt you is that you would need to be 'well' in the know to have known it was happening, but through the same means that you knew it would be happening, wouldnt you be able to tell us why there has been delays or even a new date of when it is likely to start.

jacomo
08-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Why keep posting on the thread that is boring you then? It takes a special person to keep doing that I reckon

Unlike some, I don't claim any special access to the decision makers at the club, so rely on Hibs.net to get some news about the club I love. I had hoped that this thread might have some substance to it.

Clearly a mistake.

Speedway
08-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Unlike some, I don't claim any special access to the decision makers at the club, so rely on Hibs.net to get some news about the club I love. I had hoped that this thread might have some substance to it.

Clearly a mistake.

No, not a mistake.

greenlex
08-02-2010, 01:49 PM

Clearly a mistake.
Hardly clearly. Perhaps timescale have slipped a few weeks?
Depending on the Cup draw and who we get where if there isn't an announcement shortly afterwards I reckon iti is either back onto the back burner or the board are trying to squeeze the price further. The tenders for the work have been submitted and that the deadline was aronud two weeks ago. That is as much as I know.

HFC 0-7
08-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Depending on the Cup draw and who we get where if there isn't an announcement shortly afterwards I reckon iti is either back onto the back burner or the board are trying to squeeze the price further. The tenders for the work have been submitted and that the deadline was aronud two weeks ago. That is as much as I know.

What you have heard is what I think TQM has heard. Tenders going out DO NOT mean that the work will start soon. Once all the prices have been submitted it may mean that the board dont like them and it is placed on the back burner. The way it was put by a lot of people on here was that it was a done deal and the bulldozers were on their way in to knock the stand down. IMO I think the board want it done ASAP but only if everything suits them. I think people have jumped the gun and it is still in the balance of whether it will happen or not.

Speedway
08-02-2010, 02:03 PM
What you have heard is what I think TQM has heard. Tenders going out DO NOT mean that the work will start soon. Once all the prices have been submitted it may mean that the board dont like them and it is placed on the back burner. The way it was put by a lot of people on here was that it was a done deal and the bulldozers were on their way in to knock the stand down. IMO I think the board want it done ASAP but only if everything suits them. I think people have jumped the gun and it is still in the balance of whether it will happen or not.

What if the invitation to tender carried with it, a confirmed start date for demolition?

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2010, 02:05 PM

What's the date you're "hearing" now TQM? Obviously the original date's passed with no apology but if our 2nd guess is right then no apology will be required.

HFC 0-7
08-02-2010, 02:07 PM
What if the invitation to tender carried with it, a confirmed start date for demolition?

It means nothing. If the tenders dont suit the demolition wont begin! Evenm if we had someone lined up to come and demolish the stand, this would only happen if the building work was agreed. This is where I think people have jumped the gun. There obviously wasnt a confirmed demolition date as the thread has moved from soon, to a couple of weeks to 7 - 10 days to 7 - 10 working days. I am not saying that this isnt going to happen, I am just saying that people have maybe read into things too much and assumed that everything had been signed.

Speedway
08-02-2010, 02:09 PM
It means nothing. If the tenders dont suit the demolition wont begin! Evenm if we had someone lined up to come and demolish the stand, this would only happen if the building work was agreed. This is where I think people have jumped the gun. There obviously wasnt a confirmed demolition date as the thread has moved from soon, to a couple of weeks to 7 - 10 days to 7 - 10 working days. I am not saying that this isnt going to happen, I am just saying that people have maybe read into things too much and assumed that everything had been signed.

And if Hibernian Directors had confirmed it (the approximate timescale) to Dundee United Directors/Chairman?

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2010, 02:10 PM

The folk tendering would know we're in a hurry so know that they could price a bit higher?

Beefster
08-02-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm hearing from my sources that this is definitely happening in the next decade. Dates will be firmed up once Hibs have announced them.

IWasThere2016
08-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Is this you starting to doubt yourself now? :greengrin

Good one! :greengrin

What's the date you're "hearing" now TQM? Obviously the original date's passed with no apology but if our 2nd guess is right then no apology will be required.

This week .. otherwise I'll start to worry :greengrin

I expected an announcement before now but I understand why its not been forthcoming

HFC 0-7
08-02-2010, 02:12 PM
And if Hibernian Directors had confirmed it (the approximate timescale) to Dundee United Directors/Chairman?

?? Explain?

Speedway
08-02-2010, 02:13 PM
?? Explain?

And if one of the three firms who quoted had been advised by the club that they've been unsuccessful as another firm have won the contract?

HFC 0-7
08-02-2010, 02:16 PM
And if one of the three firms who quoted had been advised by the club that they've been unsuccessful as another firm have won the contract?

One of three not 2 of three? If I was trying to get the price down this is the sort of thing I would start. I would tell one firm with the highest price not to bother and leave the other 2 to fight it out. If 2 of the 3 firms had been told that they were not succesful then thats a different story.

Gatecrasher
08-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Planning permission ends this month? so Hibs need to at least start it, maybe the club decided it would be better to go for it rather than the original plan

Speedway
08-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Planning permission ends this month? so Hibs need to at least start it, maybe the club decided it would be better to go for it rather than the original plan

No, it doesn't.

MB62
08-02-2010, 02:18 PM

Maybe if the prices that came in were a bit above Hibs budget for the job, Rod has asked if they can trim it down any to allow Hibs to go ahead with it? :dunno:

I'm sure in this present financial climate, companies would rather slightly reduce their profit margins rather than not getting the job at all.

Only guessing of course.

Gatecrasher
08-02-2010, 02:24 PM
No, it doesn't.

Cheers, im sure I read that somewhere but must have been wrong

Speedway
08-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Cheers, im sure I read that somewhere but must have been wrong

It was confirmed at the last AGM, bud. The club has done enough to trigger the building warrant and no further application/permission needs to be sought now for a few years.

jacomo
08-02-2010, 02:32 PM

Exactly!

Is this the basis of the "work going to start in the next few weeks claim"?

If so, feel free to issue your apology at any time, folks.

Speedway
08-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Exactly!

Oh, maybe it'll never get built after all. I said I'd never fall in love again but then Pop! goes my heart (Pop! goes my heart)

Gatecrasher
08-02-2010, 02:38 PM
It was confirmed at the last AGM, bud. The club has done enough to trigger the building warrant and no further application/permission needs to be sought now for a few years.

Ah, I must have misunderstood the situation and thought that was still to be done. Thanks for clearing that up

Peevemor
08-02-2010, 02:53 PM
People don't half talk some crap!

This isn't like getting double glazing. You don't get a quote to see how much it's going to cost and then decide if you're going to do it.

The club will already have a fairly accurate idea of how much the stand will cost (probably +/- 5%). Tender documents have been issued with clear starting and completion dates. Things might move by a few weeks here or there, but work will definitely be starting sooner rather than later.

HFC 0-7
08-02-2010, 03:05 PM

This isn't like getting double glazing. You don't get a quote to see how much it's going to cost and then decide if you're going to do it.

The club will already have a fairly accurate idea of how much the stand will cost (probably +/- 5%). Tender documents have been issued with clear starting and completion dates. Things might move by a few weeks here or there, but work will definitely be starting sooner rather than later.

What people are really arguing about on here is whether people have read too much into things and got ahead of themselves. This thread started on the 14 December stating it would start in a number of weeks, then it was soon, number of days etc etc. If the starting dates were as 'clear' as you say then it would have happened by now. Yes the club will have an idea of how much it will cost, however, maybe Rod was going to try and get it for even less given the economic climate.

Gatecrasher
08-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Don't know if this is true but a guy we were speaking to at the game on Saturday said that Hibs were intrested in buying into the supporters club in sunnyside and moving into the new stand, anyone know about this?

Andy74
08-02-2010, 03:15 PM

No? Why did Hibs say they did this the last time, didn't like the numbers and decided against it then say they would do the same thing again to get up to date prices and see where we were?

I'm Secretary of a property company through work and they've just gone out to various companies for prices and given indicative dates for work but they haven't decided if they are going to do it right now yet.

Peevemor
08-02-2010, 03:18 PM
No? Why did Hibs say they did this the last time, didn't like the numbers and decided against it then say they would do the same thing again to get up to date prices and see where we were?

I'm Secretary of a property company through work and they've just gone out to various companies for prices and given indicative dates for work but they haven't decided if they are going to do it right now yet.

They didn't go out to tender. They had budget costs prepared by a QS.

It's not the same thing.

invisible man
08-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Don't know if this is true but a guy we were speaking to at the game on Saturday said that Hibs were intrested in buying into the supporters club in sunnyside and moving into the new stand, anyone know about this?

Not true. It was spoken about a few years ago but was rejected by the membership of the club.

Gatecrasher
08-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Not true. It was spoken about a few years ago but was rejected by the membership of the club.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Mikey
08-02-2010, 04:26 PM
A wee bit patience wouldn't go amiss here folks. There's absolutely nothing to suggest that it isn't going to happen very soon, and the club will say nothing until it's ready to do so.

If you don't believe it fine, but we only have to be told once :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2010, 04:31 PM
A wee bit patience wouldn't go amiss here folks. There's absolutely nothing to suggest that it isn't going to happen very soon, and the club will say nothing until it's ready to do so.

If you don't believe it fine, but we only have to be told once :wink:

I think the only reason folk are asking when/doubting this is due to the thread being started 2 months ago saying "coming soon".

I don't not believe it but I've seen nothing to suggest this is going to happen other than a few educated guesses.

mim
08-02-2010, 05:21 PM
I've no doubt this is going to happen, but suspect Hibs may wait until the Scottish Cup draw on Wednesday before deciding on a start date.

If we are drawn at home to Rangers, Celtic or Hearts (oops, sorry :devil: ), I would expect demolition to be delayed until after the cup tie.

If not, I expect the Aberdeen game to be our last in front of the old stand.

So, announcement on Thursday??

scoopyboy
08-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Exactly!

Are you going to give people credit and eat humble pie if info given by myself and others turn out to be accurate?

IWasThere2016
08-02-2010, 06:09 PM
I think the only reason folk are asking when/doubting this is due to the thread being started 2 months ago saying "coming soon".
I don't not believe it but I've seen nothing to suggest this is going to happen other than a few educated guesses.

And I have explained more than once - as have others - that an announcement was expected before now.

IMHO, the announcement hasn't come because

a) It is not the way the Hibs Board do things

b) Any announcement before signing would pass the initiative to any prospective contractor and weaken Hibs' hand on the deal.

HFC 0-7
08-02-2010, 06:17 PM
And I have explained more than once - as have others - that an announcement was expected before now.

b) Any announcement before signing would pass the initiative to any prospective contractor and weaken Hibs' hand on the deal.

This is what I have been talking about, nothing has been signed therefore it is not a guarantee that this will happen. It probably will, but the way everyone was claiming to be in the know and giving out timescales etc when nothing has been confirmed makes it all sound like people are jumping the gun. What if hibs know how much it will cost but the companies cant get the workforce organised until much later? Yes it will be built but maybe not for the start of the season.

jacomo
08-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Are you going to give people credit and eat humble pie if info given by myself and others turn out to be accurate?

Yes, absolutely.

But since it's already been more than "a few weeks" since this thread started, what would you class as accurate? If demolition starts before the end of Feb? If an announcement is made before then? If the new stand is ready for the start of next season?

Just to be clear, I am not doubting that the East Stand will happen, nor do I doubt that work is going on behind the scenes. But it does seem that a few people put 2 + 2 together and got 5, and have caused unnecessary concern about season tickets etc.

scoopyboy
08-02-2010, 06:19 PM

This is what I have been talking about, nothing has been signed therefore it is not a guarantee that this will happen. It probably will, but the way everyone was claiming to be in the know and giving out timescales etc when nothing has been confirmed makes it all sound like people are jumping the gun. What if hibs know how much it will cost but the companies cant get the workforce organised until much later? Yes it will be built but maybe not for the start of the season.

The companies have agreed to the timescales, part of the conditions prior to tender submissions I would imagine.

HFC 0-7
08-02-2010, 06:24 PM
The companies have agreed to the timescales, part of the conditions prior to tender submissions I would imagine.

OK, so they have agreed timescales and according to some agreed demolition dates etc, which seem to have come and gone. If people are in the know about the east stand 'definately' being built this season, then how can these same people not know why there has been a delay. If the price is right but nothing has been signed, this to me means that the construction of the east stand is not guaranteed.

Barney McGrew
08-02-2010, 06:26 PM
OK, so they have agreed timescales and according to some agreed demolition dates etc, which seem to have come and gone

The demolition dates on the tender have not come and gone yet.

scoopyboy
08-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Yes, absolutely.

But since it's already been more than "a few weeks" since this thread started, what would you class as accurate? If demolition starts before the end of Feb? If an announcement is made before then? If the new stand is ready for the start of next season?

Just to be clear, I am not doubting that the East Stand will happen, nor do I doubt that work is going on behind the scenes. But it does seem that a few people put 2 + 2 together and got 5, and have caused unnecessary concern about season tickets etc.

If my info is accurate then the demolition would have to start before the end of February. I'm basing this on the completion date of mid August.

I don't think the club can afford (timewise) to wait for a home tie in the quarters of the Scottish Cup because I think that would be cutting it too fine.
Even a home tie against Celtic or Rangers might not achieve a 14300 sell out as it would be live on TV I would imagine. The TV money would cancel out any loss on the East being closed.

I think the announcement has to be soon.

scoopyboy
08-02-2010, 06:29 PM
OK, so they have agreed timescales and according to some agreed demolition dates etc, which seem to have come and gone. If people are in the know about the east stand 'definately' being built this season, then how can these same people not know why there has been a delay. If the price is right but nothing has been signed, this to me means that the construction of the east stand is not guaranteed.

I do know of a reason (or at least I think I do) for a delay as do others but at this point in time it would be wrong to mention it on here.

I know this isn't much of an answer but I can't say anymore.

HFC 0-7
08-02-2010, 06:29 PM
I do know of a reason (or at least I think I do) for a delay as do others but at this point in time it would be wrong to mention it on here.

I know this isn't much of an answer but I can't say anymore.

What about a PM then?

jacomo
08-02-2010, 06:32 PM
If my info is accurate then the demolition would have to start before the end of February. I'm basing this on the completion date of mid August.

I don't think the club can afford (timewise) to wait for a home tie in the quarters of the Scottish Cup because I think that would be cutting it too fine.
Even a home tie against Celtic or Rangers might not achieve a 14300 sell out as it would be live on TV I would imagine. The TV money would cancel out any loss on the East being closed.

I think the announcement has to be soon.

OK, thanks for the update.

I'll get the sauce outta the cupboard, then, in case I'll be eating that pie after all. :greengrin

scoopyboy
08-02-2010, 06:38 PM
OK, thanks for the update.

I'll get the sauce outta the cupboard, then, in case I'll be eating that pie after all. :greengrin

Don't throw the sauce away as I might need a loan of it from you.

Gerard
08-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Will the East Stand demolition date be announced before the 1000nd post?:wink::devil:
G

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2010, 06:59 PM
If the club don't want this out in the public domain I'd imagine they'll be a bit peeved at this being leaked by someone. Presumably one of the companies that have been asked to tender have let this out the bag.

Although based on a few of the admins posting on here about it maybe someone at the Club spoke to one of them to get this "out there" and prepare the East Stand massive for upheaval.

IWasThere2016
08-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Will the East Stand demolition date be announced before the 1000nd post?:wink::devil:
G

Nae chance! :greengrin

And we have moved goalposts perhaps :cool2:

Gerard
08-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Nae chance! :greengrin

And we have moved goalposts perhaps :cool2:

Okay, try 2000 post then:wink::devil:
Gerard

hibee316
08-02-2010, 07:13 PM
*****URGENT*****NEWS****

I saw the new East Stand on the 26 bus today, it was sharing a bag of crisps with Jordi Cruyff....

The_Todd
08-02-2010, 07:15 PM
*****URGENT*****NEWS****

I saw the new East Stand on the 26 bus today, it was sharing a bag of crisps with Jordi Cruyff....

I demand to know if you sell fish.

jgl07
08-02-2010, 07:24 PM

It is not true to say that getting as far as receiveing tenders means that the project will definately go ahead.

No matter what the preliminary estimates and even the detailed cost plans say, the price will never be sure until the tenders are received. The project is sometimes scrapped at this stage amd spmetimes goes ahead in an amended form tonsave cash.

There is often some work to do after the tenders are received, particularly if they come in higher than expected. There may be points to clarify before the contract us signed.

I don't see of problem with the timescale. This should be a far simpler job than the West Stand. There is no steel framed asbetos ridden stand to demolish. There is just a cover over a terrace. There will be no complex fitting out required just a few toilets and tea bars.

Sas_The_Hibby
08-02-2010, 09:55 PM
*****URGENT*****NEWS****

Are you SURE? Or is this just another wind-up?! :grr::greengrin

MyJo
08-02-2010, 10:51 PM
I demand to know if you sell fish.

nah he just a bit greedy

matty_f
08-02-2010, 11:53 PM
nah he just a bit greedy

:redindian:

Lucius Apuleius
09-02-2010, 04:30 AM
Timescale? A few weeks. Notification date, December 14th. Number of weeks since notification date? 8. That is not an overly long period for a few I reckon. I know how long it can take to draw up contracts etc and this would certainly be within the timespan.

In TQM, Speedway and the rest, we trust.:greengrin

Speedway
09-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Timescale? A few weeks. Notification date, December 14th. Number of weeks since notification date? 8. That is not an overly long period for a few I reckon. I know how long it can take to draw up contracts etc and this would certainly be within the timespan.

In TQM, Speedway and the rest, we trust.:greengrin

Thank you, but I'm not part of this. I have no claim on the scoop on this one I'm afraid.

Trust in me none the less however :wink:

IWasThere2016
09-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Thank you, but I'm not part of this. I have no claim on the scoop on this one I'm afraid.

RIP
09-02-2010, 10:11 AM
If I was a Yam fud I'd be laughing my tits off at this thread

Get a life folks and wait for an announcement :wink:

Gatecrasher
09-02-2010, 10:22 AM

If I were a yam fud I would be wondering where our £51 million super stand was :wink:

Gerard
09-02-2010, 10:23 AM

If and it is an if that the East Stand is demolished and a new stand built; then our cousins fae Gorgie will no doubt say that it done on the cheap and only suitable for Hobos, who own caravans and sell pegs etc
Gerard
We could sell the old East Stand to the Yams as it would improve thier stadium:wink::thumbsup::notworthy:
G

Wilson
09-02-2010, 10:33 AM

You would be quite easily amused. How would you follow up the laughter - window licking or flinging sh*** at yourself?

jacomo
09-02-2010, 10:39 AM

That would be the Yam fuds who were duped into paying £1m for a pretty artists' impression and a pile of cardboard boxes?

The rest of the world doesn't STOP laughing at them.

--------
09-02-2010, 10:42 AM
If I were a yam fud I would be wondering where our £51 million super stand was :wink:

No - if you were a Yam fud you'd be sitting happily in your own little dream world, telling yourself over and over, "It's going to be OK - Vlad says so.... It's going to be OK - Vlad says so.... It's going to be OK - Vlad says so...."

The Yam's £51,000,0000 SuperStand's on the 26 bus with Hibee316 and Jordi Cruyff.

That was clearly a case of mistaken identity, quite understandable. The stand was wearing a large cardboard box that obscured its face.

Gerard
09-02-2010, 10:42 AM
That would be the Yam fuds who were duped into paying £1m for a pretty artists' impression and a pile of cardboard boxes?

The rest of the world doesn't STOP laughing at them.

When you have a club that has over 400,000 supporters; what is £1m pounds? it is small beer:thumbsup:
G Hobo without caravan.:thumbsup:

--------
09-02-2010, 10:43 AM
When you have a club that has over 400,000 supporters; what is £1m pounds? it is small beer:thumbsup:
G Hobo without caravan.:thumbsup:

You can get a VERY LARGE BEER for a million quid, mate. :devil:

MyJo
09-02-2010, 10:49 AM
:redindian:

how?

Gerard
09-02-2010, 10:58 AM
You can get a VERY LARGE BEER for a million quid, mate. :devil:

the 400,000 Yam fans will then get a pint of beer each for the £1m pounds
HOMFC the team with the big debt and 400,000 fans
G:devil:

Gatecrasher
09-02-2010, 11:24 AM
No - if you were a Yam fud you'd be sitting happily in your own little dream world, telling yourself over and over, "It's going to be OK - Vlad says so.... It's going to be OK - Vlad says so.... It's going to be OK - Vlad says so...."

The Yam's £51,000,0000 SuperStand's on the 26 bus with Hibee316 and Jordi Cruyff.

That was clearly a case of mistaken identity, quite understandable. The stand was wearing a large cardboard box that obscured its face.

That actually sounds more accurate :faf:

Lucius Apuleius
09-02-2010, 11:32 AM

Apologies Mr Way. I assumed an assumption when you asked the question about Dundee Utd directors etc.

I shall continue to trust in you however.

Kaiser_Sauzee
09-02-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm closing this thread down until we hear something from the club.

Kaiser_Sauzee
09-02-2010, 12:47 PM
**** I've just realised that I'm not an Admin. :grr:

Gerard
09-02-2010, 12:56 PM
**** I've just realised that I'm not an Admin. :grr:

Will this thread make 1000 posts:wink::notworthy::greengrin
G

bighairyfaeleith
09-02-2010, 01:07 PM
I quite like the current east stand, can we not keep it???????

jacomo
09-02-2010, 01:12 PM
G

Can almost smell that four figure number from here.

You'd best pull your finger out, Petrie. :grr:

EDIT: Sorry, just remembered that the deadline for the announcement is 2,000 posts. As you were.

Mibbes Aye
09-02-2010, 01:15 PM
G

Och this reminds me of the calendar signing thread :love ya!:

Just goes to show, football schmootball, what we really like best is a good debate about infrastructure :thumbsup:

Gerard
09-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Can almost smell that four figure number from here.

You'd best pull your finger out, Petrie. :grr:

EDIT: Sorry, just remembered that the deadline for the announcement is 2,000 posts. As you were.

Cm Uncle Rodney lets get this new stand built before this thread gets to a new record on this website:wink::thumbsup::grr:
G

IWasThere2016
09-02-2010, 01:25 PM
:singing: "999, 998, 997 ... 11, 10, 9, 8 posts left to go"

hibbybrian
09-02-2010, 01:30 PM

Also IIRC in a SC tie the gate money after expenses is shared, so Hibs would only get half of any additional gate money by keeping the East Stand open

MacBean
09-02-2010, 01:32 PM
:singing: "999, 998, 997 ... 11, 10, 9, 8 posts left to go"

couldnae carry Nade!!:jamboak:

Gerard
09-02-2010, 01:35 PM
another post to get to 1000
G:devil:
still no announcement
cm Uncle Rodney:devil:
G

ancient hibee
09-02-2010, 05:26 PM
What's this rumour about a new East stand?

Mikey
09-02-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm really tempted to close it at 999 :devil:

007 Mickey Weir
09-02-2010, 05:59 PM
I heard a rumour that this post is going to carry on over 1000.............

degenerated
09-02-2010, 06:01 PM
I heard a rumour that this post is going to carry on over 1000.............

i might lock it at 999 just for the hell of it :greengrin

Gatecrasher
09-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Is it me

1000th post woohoo :greengrin: