PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Update - New East Stand CONFIRMED

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

EskbankHibby
15-12-2009, 05:26 PM
No need to shoot the messenger folks. TQM seems to be pretty much on the button here.

Don't expect anything from the club though until they've finalised the contractors. They don't say anything until there's something to be said!

:agree: Who cares if he is spot on or not, it's a messageboard ffs.

Man gets information regarding building of new East stand, chooses to share it, wouldn't put the house on it happening but hoping for the best and always happy to read about it, cheers TQM.

Note to self, only post stories that have already happened or prepare for cross examination by some torn faced disasters questioning motive and source.

--------
15-12-2009, 05:37 PM
It seems clear to me that the work will start shortly as it is obviously much better to decant all the supporters midway through the season and work when the weather is at its worst and daylight hours are short rather than to do it in the spring with better working conditions.

IIRC the old Main Stand was demolished in the January and work on the new West was begun in the February, completing in June/July, on time and on budget, I think.

(Though I wouldn't like to be the contractor who had to go to the Tash and tell him I'd done my sums wrong and could I have more money, please? :wink: )

Man gets information regarding building of new East stand, chooses to share it, wouldn't put the house on it happening but hoping for the best and always happy to read about it, cheers TQM.

Note to self, only post stories that have already happened or prepare for cross examination by some torn faced disasters questioning motive and source.

:agree: Exactly. It's midwinter, I'm brassed off with all the Christmas cheer around me (BAH! HUMBUG!) and my back hurts. Even if this is only a pipedream, it's cheered me up.

But I don't think it IS a pipe-dream, and I DO think we'll be hearing news on this front before too long.... :wink:

IWasThere2016
15-12-2009, 05:39 PM

:thumbsup: You're now top of ma Christmas card list!

Hank Schrader
15-12-2009, 05:42 PM
torn faced disasters

:tee hee:

Dunno why but that made me laugh :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 05:44 PM

I think it's cos of the amount of pish that gets posted on here. Folk get sick of it.

--------
15-12-2009, 05:46 PM
I think it's cos of the amount of pish that gets posted on here. Folk get sick of it.

:agree: And because we seem to be taking to long to get things started, I think.

"Hope deferred maketh the heart sick...."

BEEJ
15-12-2009, 06:24 PM
If that's the case, why is he being described by others in this thread as someone who is desperate to appear "in the loop"?
Jealousy.

:greengrin

hibeemark
15-12-2009, 06:25 PM
:agree: And because we seem to be taking to long to get things started, I think.

"Hope deferred maketh the heart sick...."

I think a lot of that depends on where you sit, Doddie.

Not only are east-standers like myself having to come to terms with the idea that their matchday experience is probably going to change forever, but we have to put up with constant gloating from the other stands who it seems can't wait to get rid of a perceived riff raff element. :tsk tsk:

What will be a "disaster" is if the east stand becomes yet another family enclosure as the north did when the cowshed became the FF. I know where I'd rather be.

That is why we are "torn-faced" about it. I'm quite sure the rest of the stadium can't wait for their terrible eye-sore to be removed, but that's not how I feel at all, and I resent folk going on about how brilliant demolishing it will be, when they don't even sit there. :blah:

For me, and many others, the standing, the singing, the swearing, the impromptu comedy, and the overall camaraderie of the east are a huge part of why we go. Don't like it, don't sit there. :bye:

Wasn't there official fan forums set up, to discuss what form the new east would take? While I'm obviously pleased that Hibs have adopted the suggestion of a single tier (although I agree finance probably played a large part in that decision too), wouldn't they have been consulted regarding the start-date? Or do they not exist any longer?

Cropley10
15-12-2009, 06:49 PM

Not only are east-standers like myself having to come to terms with the idea that their matchday experience is probably going to change forever, but we have to put up with constant gloating from the other stands who it seems can't wait to get rid of a perceived riff raff element. :tsk tsk:

What will be a "disaster" is if the east stand becomes yet another family enclosure as the north did when the cowshed became the FF. I know where I'd rather be.

That is why we are "torn-faced" about it. I'm quite sure the rest of the stadium can't wait for their terrible eye-sore to be removed, but that's not how I feel at all, and I resent folk going on about how brilliant demolishing it will be, when they don't even sit there. :blah:

For me, and many others, the standing, the singing, the swearing, the impromptu comedy, and the overall camaraderie of the east are a huge part of why we go. Don't like it, don't sit there. :bye:

Wasn't there official fan forums set up, to discuss what form the new east would take? While I'm obviously pleased that Hibs have adopted the suggestion of a single tier (although I agree finance probably played a large part in that decision too), wouldn't they have been consulted regarding the start-date? Or do they not exist any longer?

Until I took my 5 year old to ER I always sat in the East. And I will miss it - not because it's a great place to take in a game, but because of the memories.

One suggestion I like - and the Club could easily adopt (I think) is for a section of the new East to be 'unreserved seating'. First come, first served just like a terrace used to be in the 'old days'.

This would allow the youngsters, bammers, ultras or whatever to congregate in the same area.

Simple, no?

Pedantic_Hibee
15-12-2009, 06:50 PM

It'll be built long before the Hearts £51million stand even receives planning permission. That will be all. Arf.

007 Mickey Weir
15-12-2009, 06:59 PM
This news could be devastating! Due to being away for a couple of weeks I miss the next 3 home games. I am part of the standing east terracing crew. I may never see a Hibs game in the best possible way again.........STANDING!!

But it does need to happen!

jabis
15-12-2009, 07:02 PM

:hmmm:

Yam, or, Bounce on wind up ?

James.
15-12-2009, 07:25 PM
This news could be devastating! Due to being away for a couple of weeks I miss the next 3 home games. I am part of the standing east terracing crew. I may never see a Hibs game in the best possible way again.........STANDING!!

What a set of games to miss as well.

Just bought a half season ticket for the East, having sat there as a walk up supporter. There was no letter stating that there would be the possibility of relocating to the South stand but it doesn't really bother me to be honest. Hopefully get first dibs on tickets for the new East then!!

bingo70
15-12-2009, 07:32 PM

It'll be built long before the Hearts £51million stand even receives planning permission. That will be all. Arf.

:hmmm:

Yam, or, Bounce on wind up ?

Seems a bit harsh, jambo or not, and i've no reason to believe he is, i think he makes some good points about the east.

It will be a shame for it to go but i realise it's probably time it does, hopefully the new stand won't be over-run with the sit doon brigade wanting to sit in the shiny new stand and destroying the atmosphere in the process.

Arch Stanton
15-12-2009, 08:01 PM

Indeed it does need to happen. :agree:

Plus, if you're anything like me, it will come to pass that the only time you feel inclined to stand is when your piles start playing up. :agree:

hibeemark
15-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Indeed it does need to happen. :agree:

Plus, if you're anything like me, it will come to pass that the only time you feel inclined to stand is when your piles start playing up. :agree:

Yes, but you already have a choice of three stands where you can sit down with an unobscured view. I don't understand why anyone would choose the east if they don't like the way it is? If you want to sit, or take your kids, buy a ST for one of the other stands. That would be the logical thing to do, instead of moaning about the state of the east, no?

I've heard it argued that even if you change the stand, the people within will remain the same, but I'm not so sure. I have nightmarish visions of the current east crew being ordered to sit down and shut up by stewards, in order to accomodate the lucrative families who have defected from the FF and west to experience the shiny new stand.

Dibben
15-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Another corker fron fifteenpointsback...

My understanding is that their planning permission is about to expire and is extremely unlikely to be granted again. That's forcing them into starting the work now, whether they want to or not.

They may well start building shortly, but I'd bet a large wedge that just as quickly the building work will stop and the existing tin shed will be there for some years yet.

They may start building before we do, but I'd go so far as to say that I recon our fourth stand will be completed before theirs is.

:faf: :faf:oh ma sides...

BH.

jabis
15-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Seems a bit harsh, jambo or not, and i've no reason to believe he is, i think he makes some good points about the east.

It will be a shame for it to go but i realise it's probably time it does, hopefully the new stand won't be over-run with the sit doon brigade wanting to sit in the shiny new stand and destroying the atmosphere in the process.

Ok,for the sake of an arguement,you would prefer 500 mad,singing radges(in the best possible way :greengrin)standing in a shutehole.

I prefer 15,000 fans applauding some great football,and singing if they want to..................hey I'm not stopping you !!

As to the Yam/Bounce comment,I apologise :agree:

IWasThere2016
15-12-2009, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Gasman
My understanding is that their planning permission is about to expire and is extremely unlikely to be granted again. That's forcing them into starting the work now, whether they want to or not.

They may well start building shortly, but I'd bet a large wedge that just as quickly the building work will stop and the existing tin shed will be there for some years yet.

They may start building before we do, but I'd go so far as to say that I recon our fourth stand will be completed before theirs is.

BH.

:faf:

scoopyboy
15-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Yes, but you already have a choice of three stands where you can sit down with an unobscured view. I don't understand why anyone would choose the east if they don't like the way it is? If you want to sit, or take your kids, buy a ST for one of the other stands. That would be the logical thing to do, instead of moaning about the state of the east, no?

I've heard it argued that even if you change the stand, the people within will remain the same, but I'm not so sure. I have nightmarish visions of the current east crew being ordered to sit down and shut up by stewards, in order to accomodate the lucrative families who have defected from the FF and west to experience the shiny new stand.

The shiny new stand won't be that much shinier than the other three stands, the facilities won't be any better either.

I can see others going back to the East for two different reasons.

1. Guys like myself were season ticket holders in the East for years but eventually got sick of the pillars and not being able to see the bottom right hand corner. When the West was built around a dozen of us moved. I stood on the east since the sixties and will probably go back.

2. A lot of people moved to the FF but might move back because they prefer to watch the match from the side of the pitch rather than behind goals.

I am all for the guys in the East getting first pick of seats in the new version but for me there will be plenty room.

Very seldom is there more than 2000 in the East and the new stand will hold 6500. The current occupants get first pick and the rest of us take what is left.

If families return to the East I'm pretty sure they won't be in the hub of the action.

Aubenas
15-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Not only are east-standers like myself having to come to terms with the idea that their matchday experience is probably going to change forever,

Sorry - but that's what happens - by choice or by development. In my spectating career I've gone from:

Standing behind whichever goal we were shooting into;
Standing way back at the top of the tall terracing;
standing level with edge of the penalty area that Hibs were shooting into;
standing in the enclosure by the tunnel in front of old west stand;
standing back in the east;
sitting in the east;
sitting in the old main stand;
sitting in the south stand;
sitting in the west lower.

Most of these changes were brought about by ground redevelopment. But, as I got older my wishes also changed. When I was a teenager nothing was better than being in a sway, caught up in the moment, leaping about. Gradually, what I wanted out of the match changed and, having seen what happened at Hillsborough, the idea of huge crowds standing in sports stadium no longer seemed defensible, whatever I fancied.

Hibs have a duty to provide the best facilities they can for the support and the majority want a seat and a clear view, ease of access and safety.
The new east will provide that. It will also complete a stadium for the Hibs support to be proud of. I would hope the east-ites will still be able to produce a good atmosphere and that maybe the rest of us in the ground will be able to hear it.

But in saying that your experience will change forever, you're only echoing what has happened to every long term supporter since football first started as an organised sport, just like the change from cylinders to downloads, horses to planes, and leeches to antibiotics.

BroxburnHibee
15-12-2009, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Deluded Gasman

BH.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

That has quite possibly been the comedy highlight of the year.

What a FUD :thumbsup:

Kaiser_Sauzee
15-12-2009, 09:19 PM
But in saying that your experience will change forever, you're only echoing what has happened to every long term supporter since football first started as an organised sport, just like the change from cylinders to downloads, horses to planes, and leeches to antibiotics.

Wonderfully put.

sleeping giant
15-12-2009, 10:09 PM
There's another tool saying I get 1 in 12 right :faf:

I thought i was being generous :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
15-12-2009, 10:17 PM
I thought i was being generous :thumbsup:

I'll generous ye! :grr:

:wink:

Jack
15-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Swan Heights no more :boo hoo:

Big terracing no more :boo hoo:

Dunbar End no more :boo hoo:

East Stand Shed no more ….. :bye:

Somebody might want to write a wee song about that. :greengrin

I’ve been in and around the same spot, about the same distance from the pitch, somewhere between the two 18 yard lines on the East side since I ever started going to ER. I’m looking forward to the day I first sit/stand in/on MY new seat in the new stand. It will be the dawning of a new era. And with Hibs improving and continuing to improve what an era that could turn out to be.

Only the dead stay still … time to move on.

Gatecrasher
15-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Some people have this romantic vision of the east as it's the last stand at ER that has the "old football" feel to it.

I think some people have this vision of stewards and police standing like an imposing army waiting to spoil the fun if you stand up and sing a few songs.

The reality is that the east is a dump, I moved back this season after being in the west for about 4 years and the toilets are rotten the view is pish, and the atmosphere is only marginally better than the west/south.

The police won't spoil the fun, you can shout, sing and sometimes stand in every other stand and strangely enough the only people that can create an atmosphere is the people in the ground, not the stand :wink:

the only people I feel sorry for are the :cb

mon the new east

hibeemark
15-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Sorry - but that's what happens - by choice or by development. In my spectating career I've gone from:

Standing behind whichever goal we were shooting into;
Standing way back at the top of the tall terracing;
standing level with edge of the penalty area that Hibs were shooting into;
standing in the enclosure by the tunnel in front of old west stand;
standing back in the east;
sitting in the east;
sitting in the old main stand;
sitting in the south stand;
sitting in the west lower.

Most of these changes were brought about by ground redevelopment. But, as I got older my wishes also changed. When I was a teenager nothing was better than being in a sway, caught up in the moment, leaping about. Gradually, what I wanted out of the match changed and, having seen what happened at Hillsborough, the idea of huge crowds standing in sports stadium no longer seemed defensible, whatever I fancied.

Hibs have a duty to provide the best facilities they can for the support and the majority want a seat and a clear view, ease of access and safety.
The new east will provide that. It will also complete a stadium for the Hibs support to be proud of. I would hope the east-ites will still be able to produce a good atmosphere and that maybe the rest of us in the ground will be able to hear it.

As far as the change in my matchday experience merely being down to a form of progress, I don't agree. You and I have at least had the opportunity to enjoy the banter and shenanigans of the east (and turn our backs on it, if we choose). Future generations of Hibs fans might not. I think what many of us fear is that we are witnessing the end of an era.

I would compare it to the demise of wee traditional style pubs in town, in order to make way for faceless generic establishments owned by breweries, who have family areas (because obviously more profit comes from catering for an antire family). Those who perhaps don't appreciate the unsophisticated charm of the smaller places, or aren't allowed in with their kids, are very quick to denounce them as being "grotty" or "full of radges". Different strokes for different folks though, and I would at least like to have the choice.

Football has become similar - it's all about maximising profit from your customers, so therefore Easter Road naturally targets families because:

a) more season tickets are sold to them
b) it will improve sales at the club shop (especially this time of year)
c) parents buy their kids food to keep them quiet
d) today's children are tomorrow's parents, bringing along their offspring

All this is good and well, but if you cater exclusively to that market, at the expense of everyone else, you end up with a brutally homogenised matchday experience - everyone is wearing the latest strip and eating their snack like good little consumers, but noone is actually getting involved in the match (you know, calling an opposition player something colourful and un-PC), for fear of offending their or someone else's mother.

Bobby Williamson famously said "if you want entertainment, go to the cinema". I say "if you want to sit in silence with your family for 2 hours, go to the cinema". :wink:

Not really. Do that if you like, but just accept that people like me want to do our thing too ie give Charlie Richmond the hairdryer treatment from a standing position. :grr:

Aubenas, I understand fully what you're saying about times change etc, and I wouldn't expect myself to want to stand amongst the bams in the east for the rest of my life, but I do hope that even when, like crabit, my piles are of grave concern to me, I will still be able to recognise the value in it for the younger generation.

That's what it comes down to, I think. Being willing to admit that while the east stand is undoubtably uncomfortable and luddite, it's also an experience you're likely to remember for the rest of your life, and each new generation of Hibees at least deserves the choice of whether to stand there or not.

Folk from the other stands frequently come out with a mixed message - on the one hand, they say "you shouldn't care where you sit, it's all about the football", but on the other hand they want rid of the east stand, because its very presence offends them. :confused:

That just sounds like plain old snobbery to me. :hmmm:

TheEastTerrace
15-12-2009, 11:17 PM
As far as the change in my matchday experience merely being down to a form of progress, I don't agree. You and I have at least had the opportunity to enjoy the banter and shenanigans of the east (and turn our backs on it, if we choose). Future generations of Hibs fans might not. I think what many of us fear is that we are witnessing the end of an era.

I would compare it to the demise of wee traditional style pubs in town, in order to make way for faceless generic establishments owned by breweries, who have family areas (because obviously more profit comes from catering for an antire family). Those who perhaps don't appreciate the unsophisticated charm of the smaller places, or aren't allowed in with their kids, are very quick to denounce them as being "grotty" or "full of radges". Different strokes for different folks though, and I would at least like to have the choice.

Football has become similar - it's all about maximising profit from your customers, so therefore Easter Road naturally targets families because:

All this is good and well, but if you cater exclusively to that market, at the expense of everyone else, you end up with a brutally homogenised matchday experience - everyone is wearing the latest strip and eating their snack like good little consumers, but noone is actually getting involved in the match (you know, calling an opposition player something colourful and un-PC), for fear of offending their or someone else's mother.

Bobby Williamson famously said "if you want entertainment, go to the cinema". I say "if you want to sit in silence with your family for 2 hours, go to the cinema". :wink:

Not really. Do that if you like, but just accept that people like me want to do our thing too ie give Charlie Richmond the hairdryer treatment from a standing position. :grr:

Aubenas, I understand fully what you're saying about times change etc, and I wouldn't expect myself to want to stand amongst the bams in the east for the rest of my life, but I do hope that even when, like crabit, my piles are of grave concern to me, I will still be able to recognise the value in it for the younger generation.

That's what it comes down to, I think. Being willing to admit that while the east stand is undoubtably uncomfortable and luddite, it's also an experience you're likely to remember for the rest of your life, and each new generation of Hibees at least deserves the choice of whether to stand there or not.

Folk from the other stands frequently come out with a mixed message - on the one hand, they say "you shouldn't care where you sit, it's all about the football", but on the other hand they want rid of the east stand, because its very presence offends them. :confused:

:top marks

Great post, the sanistisation of the great game happening in front of our eyes. :boo hoo:

jgl07
16-12-2009, 12:15 AM

And why are the 'traditional' pubs closing?

Mostly because their sole customers are pint hugging old men.

Pubs will only survive if they can attract customers.

Similar to Easter Road. Go back 15 years when most of the ground was as bad of not worse than the current East Stand. How many were turning up each week?

Well it varied according to who were visiting but if St Johnstone came a calling the crowd could be in the range of 3,000 to 5,000. Crpwds of 6,000 to 7,000 were as high as could be expected except for visits from Rangers Celtic, Hearts or Aberdeen.

I can recall the amazement when Hibs had a crowd of 9,000 for a mid week 3-2 win over Raith Rovers. This may have been something to do with vouchers being issued entitling the holder to purchase a League Cup final ticket against Rangers.

Yes let's go back to the days when there were urine soaked terraces with small crowds fighting with each other if there were no opposition fans handy.

After all the 'atmosphere' was so much better with 4,000 supporters in a ground holding 25,000 was so much better.

monktonharp
16-12-2009, 12:46 AM

That just sounds like plain old snobbery to me. :hmmm:that is some post mister!,and I like what you say about families feeding kids tae shut them up etc but I still want to see a new East,and also hope that all the easties keep their particular values. just hope it is not sanitised to attract dozens o' bairns continually going to the toilet/getting pizzas and instead of getting involved in/actually watching the game ,texting or playing games on the moby all through the match. I think it would be non-family orientated,in fact,nae bairns and swearin' like f/ck should be encouredged..........to keep them oot:greengrin unless they're brought up that way:wink:

Steve-O
16-12-2009, 07:28 AM

:agree::agree::agree::agree:

jacomo
16-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Great post from hibeemark.

I'm a walk-up supporter (not in Edinburgh often enough these days to make a season ticket worthwhile) who always chooses the East. Partly because I enjoy the banter there, but also because it may be gone soon and I will miss it.

However, I completely understand the need for change, and for Hibs to progress, finishing the rebuilding of ER is a must. Making it single-tier will give it a different look and feel to the other stands - then it will be up to us, as supporters, to make sure the atmosphere remains.

Not to re-open another debate, but I do wish Hibs would at least try and lobby for a terraced section near to the pitch. This would answer everyone's concerns.

Ritchie
16-12-2009, 09:21 AM

100% agree with you! :top marks

great post. :agree:

Joe Baker II
16-12-2009, 09:26 AM
And why are the 'traditional' pubs closing?

Mostly because their sole customers are pint hugging old men.

Pubs will only survive if they can attract customers.

Similar to Easter Road. Go back 15 years when most of the ground was as bad of not worse than the current East Stand. How many were turning up each week?

Well it varied according to who were visiting but if St Johnstone came a calling the crowd could be in the range of 3,000 to 5,000. Crpwds of 6,000 to 7,000 were as high as could be expected except for visits from Rangers Celtic, Hearts or Aberdeen.

I can recall the amazement when Hibs had a crowd of 9,000 for a mid week 3-2 win over Raith Rovers.

Check out your figures mate:

St Johnstone in early 1990s frequently would have had 8-9,000 at ER. Occasionally dropped to 6-7,000. Similar tale for other clubs with similar support to Saints - we did have 11,000 for Partick one game I recall. I was at the Raith game you refer to but to say we were amazed by crowd is an exaggeration.

Other than 1994-5 season when part of stadium closed limiting capacity to less than 9,000:

Hearts games never fell below 16,000 (with exception of 1 Ne'er day game with nonsense kick off time).

Aberdeen crowds could vary but 9,000 is lowest I recall at this time.

OF crowds could vary but 14,000 lowest I recall.

And in late 80s crowds were even higher before prices began to rocket (incidentally this trend started before all seated grounds). And during Williamson era despite the glories of a modernised stadium, crowds were frequently lower than the above.

Jack
16-12-2009, 10:17 AM
I dont suppose the new stand could have an 16/18 certificate :dunno:

Kaiser_Sauzee
16-12-2009, 10:33 AM
As far as the change in my matchday experience merely being down to a form of progress, I don't agree. You and I have at least had the opportunity to enjoy the banter and shenanigans of the east (and turn our backs on it, if we choose). Future generations of Hibs fans might not.

How can you miss what you never had?

Future generations may love the new stand like we love the old East. Let's give them a chance. The club belongs to the future generations, not just the 'old guard'.

What I will miss though is the sweet sweet smell of 'the herb' drifting over the stand. :greengrin

MB62
16-12-2009, 10:46 AM

I can understand why they younger generations would like it, and to be honest, having gone through many an experience myself in my younger days, I believe every ground should have somewhere for the 'bams' to go, being a 'bam' for 90 minutes on match day when you are younger helps give you a special affinity with your club. By that I don't mean these :asshole: who call themselves casuals, but guys that just get a bit overly excited at games (I still do it myself at times, despite my teenage years being long gone :greengrin)
However in saying all that, I have been to that East Stand a couple of times in recent years and you honestly could not pay me to go in there. The view is horrendous, matched by even worse facilities.

Maybe this One tier stand should be re-thought. It might be good to have the bottom tier of the new stand as a 'standing' area, whilst seating the top tier for those who actually go to, not only support the team, but to watch them playing football as well.

Danderhall Hibs
16-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Maybe this One tier stand should be re-thought. It might be good to have the bottom tier of the new stand as a 'standing' area, whilst seating the top tier for those who actually go to, not only support the team, but to watch them playing football as well.

That would involve getting the regulations changed as well though, wouldn’t it? That’d probably take longer than Hearts are taking to get planning permission.

Cropley10
16-12-2009, 11:11 AM
There are some excellent, well-thought and constructive posts in this thread.

I can't help feeling we're getting carried away though. Nothing has been announced by the Club yet. When it is, I'd expect them to continue to consult with the fans.

Lets be honest ER doesn't currently suffer from a lack of capacity, we're not turning fans away. I'm sure the last thing SL and RP would want is to build a new stand and it be less than half full. If we're to fill the East I don't think it will be with more families (despite your excellent points hibeemark).

But after all it is our Club - we should make our voices heard. I used to stand/sit in the East, but now sit in the West Upper. Would I move with my 10 year old to the new East? Absolutely - but that's to watch the game in a noisy, atmosphere - now the wee man's a bit older he'll be able to cope.

ER has the ability to cater to all fans. And younger, teenage fans and twentysomethings do have different expectations. Lets make sure the Club understand what's expected and required, rather than either fearing the worst or harking back to a bygone era.

MB62
16-12-2009, 11:16 AM
That would involve getting the regulations changed as well though, wouldn’t it? That’d probably take longer than Hearts are taking to get planning permission.

I thought I read somewhere in the not too distant past that, all seated stands were only a recommendation and not actually law.

I may well be wrong on this, probably am.

GreenCastle
16-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Could Jan 3rd be the last ever Derby in the current East ?? :confused:

The single tier stand I am sure will attract people from other areas of the stadium and will hopefully fill up in the bigger matches.

If as said it will be as steep at the upper tiers it will be some sight and will be like our Kop hopefully on the side :greengrin

I'm still not sure about the whole pitch movement idea though as surely the pitch is centred right now in front of the stands behind the goals ?

MyJo
16-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I thought I read somewhere in the not too distant past that, all seated stands were only a recommendation and not actually law.

I may well be wrong on this, probably am.

The Taylor report recommended that all top flight teams in England and Scotland should have all seater stadium but i don't think that it is a legal obligation......the stumbling block comes with the SPL's own rules regarding membership criteria (http://www.scotprem.com/content/mediaassets/doc/07.31.09%20Membership%20Criteria%202010-11%20(SPL%20SFLD1%20Clubs).pdf)

as it says at the bottom of page 3

a Club’s Registered Ground for a Season must, by not later than 31st March immediately preceding the relevant Season, satisfy the requirements of the Stadia Handbook, provide and have provided individually numbered seats in areas under cover of a roof for not less than 6,000 spectators

best case scenario is we put in standing area's and the SPL won't allow them to be used for SPL Matches....worst case Scenario we are denied membership and not allowed to compete in the SPL.

GreenCastle
16-12-2009, 11:28 AM
The Taylor report recommended that all top flight teams in England and Scotland should have all seater stadium but i don't think that it is a legal obligation......the stumbling block comes with the SPL's own rules regarding membership criteria (http://www.scotprem.com/content/mediaassets/doc/07.31.09%20Membership%20Criteria%202010-11%20(SPL%20SFLD1%20Clubs).pdf)

best case scenario is we put in standing area's and the SPL won't allow them to be used for SPL Matches....worst case Scenario we are denied membership and not allowed to compete in the SPL.

Did the league not used to have a rule you had to have a minimum 12,000 or 10,000 seats to be in the SPL ?

Looks like many teams get that amount every week :grr:

SPL is run by a bunch of clowns :agree:

You have to look at German stadiums and design - some of the best in the world I think as they can do safe standing etc.

At the end of the day the new East will be seated and can't see them changing it to anything else.

Houchy
16-12-2009, 11:29 AM
What we need is a Livi drummer. :greengrin

He only watches junior football nowadays after falling out with the board at Livi. I think he's waiting on a phonecall from hahahearts:greengrin

He follows Shotts Bon Accord now but if you do ever meet him, don't ask any questions about football. Your ears will thank you later.

Mon Dieu4
16-12-2009, 11:31 AM

Could that part not be open to interpretation though?, as long as you have at least 6,000 individually numbered seats the rest could be standing:devil:

Peevemor
16-12-2009, 11:32 AM
The Taylor report covered England only and in addition the all seater requirement was for stadia with a capacity in excess of 10,000. The SPL decided to twist this and rule that all top flight clubs in Scotland must have 10,000 all seated stadia, thus causing endless grief for the likes of Falkirk, Raith, Partick, etc.

MacBean
16-12-2009, 11:39 AM
the argument of atmosphere being lost has a valid point behind it, however you only have to look at tynecastle and how those smelly buggers manage to create what is arguably (and annoyingly) one of the best atmospheres in the SPL. I think the new east will add to the atmosphere as the chants wont "escape" and will be more enclosed if at the same heught/width of the rest of the stadium

Franck is God
16-12-2009, 11:46 AM
I have sat and stood in all areas of the ground since I started watching the Hibees all those years ago.

From the old North upper with my Dad to standing in the east myself when I was old enough to go myself. The east terracing has a lot of great memories for me but being honest when it was seated it was never the same afterwards.

I still go in there for some games and my next visit wil probably for the Jambo's on the 2nd, it can be a laugh at times but when you compare to a seat anywhere else in the stadium it is pretty poor. A tall single tiered stand with great views from all seats will be a vast improvement.

Houchy
16-12-2009, 11:53 AM
I have sat and stood in all areas of the ground since I started watching the Hibees all those years ago.

From the old North upper with my Dad to standing in the east myself when I was old enough to go myself. The east terracing has a lot of great memories for me but being honest when it was seated it was never the same afterwards.

I still go in there for some games and my next visit wil probably for the Jambo's on the 2nd, it can be a laugh at times but when you compare to a seat anywhere else in the stadium it is pretty poor. A tall single tiered stand with great views from all seats will be a vast improvement.

You should be able to guatantee a good seat for the game on the 3rd then:greengrin:wink:

I do agree with what you're saying though about the east not being the same since it was made all seater.

MB62
16-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Could that part not be open to interpretation though?, as long as you have at least 6,000 individually numbered seats the rest could be standing:devil:

That was my immediate thought on the matter too.
3,800 in both F.F. and South stands and whatever the West and Upper Tier of any new Stand would more than satisfy that rule. Bottom tier of new stand could be for standing only and this would shirley keep everybody happy.
A wee loophole waiting to be exploited ?
:thumbsup:

Moulin Yarns
16-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Okay, in the interests of investigative journalism, I've just been into the ticket office (I live across the road) under the pretext of buying a half season ticket for the east. I told them it would make a huge difference to me to know if I was likely to be moved to the south after a couple of matches, as if this was the case then I would probably opt for the west or FF instead.

The official line I got from the staff was "nothing has been confirmed, regarding the redevelopment of the east stand. It's all just rumours at the moment".

Make of that what you will. :dunno:

I make it that the ticket office know less or are saying less than a certain monifeithian.

In TQM I trust :agree:

sleeping giant
16-12-2009, 12:27 PM
If that's the case, why is he being described by others in this thread as someone who is desperate to appear "in the loop"? Even his pal has said (albiet good-humouredly) that he's only usually correct 1/12. :confused:

hey, i'm just playing with him :-)
tqm is a long term decent poster and is just passing on info he has received.
I think the abuse he is getting is unfair tbh.

Moulin Yarns
16-12-2009, 12:39 PM
hey, i'm just playing with him :-)
tqm is a long term decent poster and is just passing on info he has received.
I think the abuse he is getting is unfair tbh.

:agree: TQM gave me info that I won't share which convinces me he is 99.9% spot on, so I think he is right this time, only eleven wrong ones until the next time I believe him :greengrin:wink:

MB62
16-12-2009, 12:50 PM
:agree: TQM gave me info that I won't share which convinces me he is 99.9% spot on, so I think he is right this time, only eleven wrong ones until the next time I believe him :greengrin:wink:

Well, if TQM or yourself would like to PM me with that info, I will stop abusing him on this subject.

Wait a minute though, I've not been abusive yet, damn!

That TQM is just a :fibber: and a :jamboclow: :duck:

There, can I get a P.M. now :greengrin:

Ach I might just have to be a beLIEver anyway :thumbsup:

Hibhibhooray
16-12-2009, 12:53 PM
How about this for radical, to encourage atmosphere in the new stand sell alchol in the concourse. My understanding is that you can sell alcohol but just can't take it to your seat. Maybe I am wrong :confused:

Only sell it in the new stand and open the gates a bit earlier than 2 o'clock and stop selling just after kick of. Some people would move to the new stand just for that and this would free up seats else where in the stadium for future Hibees to sit and get there pizza to keep them quiet:wink:.

Would this maintain the atmosphere and allow a bit of intimidation towards away teams when they visit

Hibs were first at scoreboards, under soil heating, strip sponsers so why not this .....

Danderhall Hibs
16-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Well, if TQM or yourself would like to PM me with that info, I will stop abusing him on this subject.

Wait a minute though, I've not been abusive yet, damn!

That TQM is just a :fibber: and a :jamboclow: :duck:There, can I get a P.M. now :greengrin:

Ach I might just have to be a beLIEver anyway :thumbsup:

The bit in bold might just work. :agree: Expect a PM from him shortly. I'm not going to abuse the confidence of the person that sent me my PM so will leave it to whoever is willing to do so...

Sergio sledge
16-12-2009, 01:12 PM

From the previously provided link:

"8. Clubs and prospective Candidate Clubs are reminded of the continuing requirements of Rules H6.2 to H6.5 (inclusive) which require:-
non-seated areas of a ground may not be utilised in a Match in the Scottish Premier League;"

Seems pretty clear to me. Standing areas are a no-go, no matter people feel about them.

MB62
16-12-2009, 01:23 PM
From the previously provided link:

"8. Clubs and prospective Candidate Clubs are reminded of the continuing requirements of Rules H6.2 to H6.5 (inclusive) which require:-
non-seated areas of a ground may not be utilised in a Match in the Scottish Premier League;"

Seems pretty clear to me. Standing areas are a no-go, no matter people feel about them.

Spoilsports :brickwall

PaulSmith
16-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Guys, it's pretty simple. The plans are on the local council's web pages and it's a 1 tier stand with seats. Arguing the toss now is neither here nor there, this is what is happening. The only question is whether it's within the timescales advised on here or at some point in the future.

I do think that we will have a fully completed modern stadium that holds 21K, a fully paid training complex 2nd to none in Scotland and more players of the calibre of Miller, Stokes, Riordan ready for the first game of season 2010/11.

wandering_hibby
16-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Not sure if this is common knowledge or even useful knowledge but when St Mirren were moving out of Love Street Hibs tried to buy the away stand from them with a view to making it the new East Stand. I am told that the deal was done but the two clubs to agree on how the stand would be transported and who would pay for the removal. The view was the the old St Mirren away would be extended to fit along the side of the pitch. This was told to me a while ago and whilst at the time I thought it was nonsesense there may have been some truth in it.

In terms of a new east stand in general I don't know why we can't just make some adjustments. Cover the area at the back and re-modernise it, remove the metal walk-way and remove the pillars. Obviously there would be some structure issues here but I'm sure they could do this.

I just don't see the point of increasing the capicity. Who cares if the stadium looks nice with four identical stands. Let's be honest about this it's not going to look nice when they are half empty. This may seem harsh but I just don't see the point in spending money in building a new stand, when we could use a much smaller budget to make improvements and use the rest on playing staff.

This is probably not a good argument and many posters have made some very good posts on this subject, but just thought i'd throw my tuppence in

Peevemor
16-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Not sure if this is common knowledge or even useful knowledge but when St Mirren were moving out of Love Street Hibs tried to buy the away stand from them with a view to making it the new East Stand. I am told that the deal was done but the two clubs to agree on how the stand would be transported and who would pay for the removal. The view was the the old St Mirren away would be extended to fit along the side of the pitch. This was told to me a while ago and whilst at the time I thought it was nonsesense there may have been some truth in it.

If that was to be cost effective, why didn't St Mirren re-use the stand themselves?

In terms of a new east stand in general I don't know why we can't just make some adjustments. Cover the area at the back and re-modernise it, remove the metal walk-way and remove the pillars. Obviously there would be some structure issues here but I'm sure they could do this.

Removing the columns would mean an entire new roof. The foundations for a new cantilever roof structure would cost a fortune as the terracing is literally a pile of rubbish. All this would bring no financial gain to the club (ie. no extra seats).

I just don't see the point of increasing the capicity. Who cares if the
stadium looks nice with four identical stands. Let's be honest about this it's not going to look nice when they are half empty. This may seem harsh but I just don't see the point in spending money in building a new stand, when we could use a much smaller budget to make improvements and use the rest on playing staff.

This is probably not a good argument and many posters have made some very good posts on this subject, but just thought i'd throw my tuppence in

If we carry on the way we're going under Yogi, we'll sell out the home end more often.

Caversham Green
16-12-2009, 01:57 PM
How about this for radical, to encourage atmosphere in the new stand sell alchol in the concourse. My understanding is that you can sell alcohol but just can't take it to your seat. Maybe I am wrong :confused:

Only sell it in the new stand and open the gates a bit earlier than 2 o'clock and stop selling just after kick of. Some people would move to the new stand just for that and this would free up seats else where in the stadium for future Hibees to sit and get there pizza to keep them quiet:wink:.

Would this maintain the atmosphere and allow a bit of intimidation towards away teams when they visit

Hibs were first at scoreboards, under soil heating, strip sponsers so why not this .....

Don't know if the law is the same in Scotland, but that's how it works down here. We always get into the stadium good and early and get a couple of pints in before the game then another at half time - all very civilised. There's a bar under every stand at the Madstad.

Mikey
16-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Not sure if this is common knowledge or even useful knowledge but when St Mirren were moving out of Love Street Hibs tried to buy the away stand from them............ I thought it was nonsesense there may have been some truth in it.

You were right the first time :wink:

Cropley10
16-12-2009, 02:25 PM

I just don't see the point of increasing the capicity. Who cares if the stadium looks nice with four identical stands. Let's be honest about this it's not going to look nice when they are half empty. This may seem harsh but I just don't see the point in spending money in building a new stand, when we could use a much smaller budget to make improvements and use the rest on playing staff.

Sure I heard something similar at the time, I think they couldn't find a big enough lorry or it was going to be too difficult to get it over the Kingston Bridge.

Maybe - if Hearts had any cash - they could have bought it to replace the death-trap, wooden stand.

Cropley10
16-12-2009, 02:30 PM
it's not going to look nice when they are half empty. This may seem harsh but I just don't see the point in spending money in building a new stand, when we could use a much smaller budget to make improvements and use the rest on playing staff.

I read exactly the same arguments on the Scotsman notice boards most days.

Ever thought that the East stand might actually put people off going?

Anyway - once it's done, it's done. It will be financed on a long-term mortgage so won't affect us day-to-day, but it will complete the stadium and mean that, now we own our training centre outright we can concentrate on the team, knowing the infrastructure is done.

There are only two other teams on Scotland who can claim to have done the same and one of them is skinto.

Peevemor
16-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Sure I heard something similar at the time, I think they couldn't find a big enough lorry or it was going to be too difficult to get it over the Kingston Bridge.

Nah, it was scuppered because all the suitable heavy lifting equipment is on a long term lease at Tynecastle.

BonnieFitbaTeam
16-12-2009, 02:33 PM
That's a hilarious notion. The away end at St Midden was as big a dump as the East is now. Rows of seats were far too close together and at one game last season I got soaked sitting in the stand, even although to the best of my knowledge it was only actually raining ouside !

Phil MaGlass
16-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Why dont we just seat the whole thing but keep part of a seated area for standing.

Baw187
16-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Why dont we just seat the whole thing but keep part of a seated area for standing.

If a group of folk end up commandeering a section of seats and all stand up, there's little anyone is going to do to stop them. This already happens in the middle of the East currently and I can't see what would be different just cause they're in a newer stand.

Most of the more vocal element in these newer stands tend to stand in the back few rows do they not?

FWIW, I can't help but think it's just a bit of resistance to change and the fear that comes with something that has been the norm for so long having to change that's the problem here.

I'm sure a few months in to next season, the East stand massive will have taken residence somewhere in the new stand and will be singing their little hearts out as normal, bless them.

Part/Time Supporter
16-12-2009, 02:48 PM

That's up there with the story that the Pieman was going to move the Wheatfield and Gorgie stands up Suitra hill after selling the Tynecastle land to Cala.

Peevemor
16-12-2009, 02:54 PM
If a group of folk end up commandeering a section of seats and all stand up, there's little anyone is going to do to stop them. This already happens in the middle of the East currently and I can't see what would be different just cause they're in a newer stand.

At last! :cool2:

aljo7-0
16-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Nah, it was scuppered because all the suitable heavy lifting equipment is on a long term lease at Tynecastle.

:faf: let me guess -:nade:

jgl07
16-12-2009, 03:15 PM
The Taylor report covered England only and in addition the all seater requirement was for stadia with a capacity in excess of 10,000. The SPL decided to twist this and rule that all top flight clubs in Scotland must have 10,000 all seated stadia, thus causing endless grief for the likes of Falkirk, Raith, Partick, etc.
Not quite true as Falkirk never built a 10,000 seater stadium in the first place and Raith have never been in the SPL.

The 10,000 seat rule was brought in in the mid-1990s probably on the insistence of the police to handle the expected number of travelling OF fans in the Premier Division of the SFL. It was binding on all existing members of the Premier Division from 1995 and teams were given a minimal period to comply. Hibs, Hearts, Dundee United, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, etc all had to move fast. Rangers and St Johnstone were already there or there abouts. Celtic moved to Hampden while Parkhead was rebuilt.

Clubs being promoted were given some leeway to comply.

The SPL adopted the existing rule along with other issues such as undersoil heating to keep out the riff raff.

Partick were the only team to suffer from having to have 10,000 seats in the SPL era although you could put Livingston in there as well.

jgl07
16-12-2009, 03:17 PM

That's up there with the story that the Pieman was going to move the Wheatfield and Gorgie stands up Suitra hill after selling the Tynecastle land to Cala.
That was possible was the Tynie stands were of steel construction and could be dismantled.

The Love Street stand was largely of reinforced concrete apart from the roof so the story was bullsh*t.

Ray_
16-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Not quite true as Falkirk never built a 10,000 seater stadium in the first place and Raith have never been in the SPL.

The 10,000 seat rule was brought in in the mid-1990s probably on the insistence of the police to handle the expected number of travelling OF fans in the Premier Division of the SFL. It was binding on all existing members of the Premier Division from 1995 and teams were given a minimal period to comply. Hibs, Hearts, Dundee United, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, etc all had to move fast. Rangers and St Johnstone were already there or there abouts. Celtic moved to Hampden while Parkhead was rebuilt.

Clubs being promoted were given some leeway to comply.

The SPL adopted the existing rule along with other issues such as undersoil heating to keep out the riff raff.

Partick were the only team to suffer from having to have 10,000 seats in the SPL era although you could put Livingston in there as well.

Didn't Falkirk suffer as they were denied promotion & then they had to spend cash and take money away from the playing side to comply?

ancient hibee
16-12-2009, 04:34 PM
In this day and age of compensation culture there is not a snowball's chance in hell of having a standing area at Easter Road.

Hal Jordan
16-12-2009, 04:40 PM
..but you could argue that because Falkirk didn't spend money on redeveloping the stadium they were able to invest in the team...while the others like Airdrie, Dunfy etc all chose to invest in their stadia, so the quality of the team suffered. Falkirk fans had a bit of a cheek complaining about not getting into the Premier when all the other clubs at the top of the first were ensuring their stadia were up to standard, to the detriment of their teams. And in the case of Airdrieonians, the club itself.

matty_f
16-12-2009, 04:46 PM
..but you could argue that because Falkirk didn't spend money on redeveloping the stadium they were able to invest in the team...while the others like Airdrie, Dunfy etc all chose to invest in their stadia, so the quality of the team suffered. Falkirk fans had a bit of a cheek complaining about not getting into the Premier when all the other clubs at the top of the first were ensuring their stadia were up to standard, to the detriment of their teams. And in the case of Airdrieonians, the club itself.

:agree:

Lucius Apuleius
16-12-2009, 05:17 PM

Not FFC's fault though keyser. All the fault of our wonderful council.

GreenCastle
16-12-2009, 05:53 PM
The supporters bar in the East makes the most sense.

Without taking people from the local pubs - Hibs should have a large area like behind the goals in the Famous Five where fans meet before to get a pint / pie and they have big screens to watch games / sky sports news.

Simple and would make the club some decent money :agree:

Wouldn't have to be that fancy just give it a Hibs make over inside with some old prints of players / famous moments in our history and come 2.40pm stop serving drink then 3pm hear the east sing! :greengrin

hibeemark
16-12-2009, 06:04 PM
The supporters bar in the East makes the most sense.

Without taking people from the local pubs - Hibs should have a large area like behind the goals in the Famous Five where fans meet before to get a pint / pie and they have big screens to watch games / sky sports news.

Simple and would make the club some decent money :agree:

Wouldn't have to be that fancy just give it a Hibs make over inside with some old prints of players / famous moments in our history and come 2.40pm stop serving drink then 3pm hear the east sing! :greengrin

I agree with you, but I don't expect the Albion Bar would be too chuffed about it. :hmmm:

WhileTheChief..
16-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Pretty sure that when Aberdeen and Celtic were at Easter Rd this season the majority of their fans were standing. If the police/stewards don't make away suppporters sit down i'd be surprised if they told us to.
Also, in any game I've been to at Hampden, either Scotland or Hibs, I've stood the whole way through.
If standing is the biggest concern then I don't think we have much to worry about. Biggest down side will be the no smoking!
Echoing some other posters, I will defo move back to the East when it is done.

down-the-slope
16-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Got bored reading all the posts / parts of posts about atmoshpere and it going because of Dozzing the East...If you were at the AEK match you will know thats cobblers..its people that make (or not) atmospheres not structures..so stop blaming other things and help make some :greengrin

Decent views / increased capacity potential / proper seats (which can be ignored when the need takes you) and bogs that are not a health hazard will all be a benefit...only thing left to sort is some decent catering...the recent rehash is a woefull attempt to punt dross at inflated prices and needs sorting. (get Greggs in to run Kiosks :agree:)

Mikey
16-12-2009, 06:47 PM
For those who haven't seen it, here are the latest drawings from the Council website............

http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/portal/submissions.do?action=ViewPublicCaseDetails&applicationRef=04/03230/VARY

These are freely available and have been on there for yonks!

You'll see from this that it's a single tier stand with all entrances at ground level. If you're in the back row you've got a fair hike to your seat :greengrin

jgl07
16-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Didn't Falkirk suffer as they were denied promotion & then they had to spend cash and take money away from the playing side to comply?
Yes but it was nothing to do with the 10,000 seat rule.

They had a ground with a firetrap of a main stand and crumbling terraces. Half of the terracing was so bad that it was taped off.

There is no way that they would have been allowed to go up with that ground. Other clubs such as Partick, Dundee, etc complained that Falkirk were gaining an unfair advantage by not spending on their stadium when others had spend heavily.

bighairyfaeleith
16-12-2009, 08:03 PM

Peevemor
16-12-2009, 08:08 PM

Raith built their stands to be ready id they were promoted (which looked a lot more likely before they nearly bankrupt themsleves) and regardless of the arguments, Falkirk were denied promotion that they otherwise would have had.

IWasThere2016
16-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Raith built their stands to be ready id they were promoted (which looked a lot more likely before they nearly bankrupt themsleves) and regardless of the arguments, Falkirk were denied promotion that they otherwise would have had.

Raith played in the Scottish Premier Divison but not SPL. Dundee don't have 10k stadium but I think rule is now 6,000

jgl07
16-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Raith played in the Scottish Premier Divison but not SPL. Dundee don't have 10k stadium but I think rule is now 6,000
I think you will find that did have a 10,000 seater although they might have (like Raith) decommissioned part of the ground.

jgl07
16-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Raith built their stands to be ready id they were promoted (which looked a lot more likely before they nearly bankrupt themsleves)
They built the stadium in the 1990s during the period when they had two spells in the top Division. They went down the year before Hibs.

They nearly went bust several years later after Claude Anelka came in and spent silly money on rubbish French amateur players.

.Sean.
16-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Pretty sure that when Aberdeen and Celtic were at Easter Rd this season the majority of their fans were standing. If the police/stewards don't make away suppporters sit down i'd be surprised if they told us to.
Also, in any game I've been to at Hampden, either Scotland or Hibs, I've stood the whole way through.
If standing is the biggest concern then I don't think we have much to worry about. Biggest down side will be the no smoking!
Echoing some other posters, I will defo move back to the East when it is done.
Thyat seems to be the trend down south too :agree:

I myself tend to head up the back and stand at our away games too, obviously with the exception of Ibrox and Tic Park.

Peevemor
16-12-2009, 08:47 PM

They built the stadium in the 1990s during the period when they had two spells in the top Division. They went down the year before Hibs.

They nearly went bust several years later after Claude Anelka came in and spent silly money on rubbish French amateur players.

I'm aware of that, but they spent money preparing themself on the chance they might win promotion again.

Keith_M
16-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Pretty sure that when Aberdeen and Celtic were at Easter Rd this season the majority of their fans were standing.

They were both standing and, especially in Aberdeen's case, creating an atmosphere. I think that totally kills off the argument that the East Stand is definitely going to lose its atmosphere just because it's no longer a dump.

The atmosphere from the visiting support in the South stand is quite often better than in any of the home stands.

Bristolhibby
16-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Any official news on this? Or is this just 9 pages of speculation?

Cheers

J

Pedantic_Hibee
16-12-2009, 09:40 PM
If the West Stand is your presentable, ever faithful, loyal and dutiful wife that makes you feel good about yourself, the little trophy on your arm as you swan around town showing her off, then the East is the dirty little skank that you can't keep away from; the forbidden fruit that you yearn for now and again in the midst of having a lovely, comfortable, yet quiet night in with your missus.

Yes, she stinks of piss, her language is more than uncouth, she lets you smoke "indoors" and you wouldn't show her off to your mates, but by jove she'll give you the ride of your life and let you experience things that Mrs West could only provide if you doused her prawn sandwich with Greek Ouzo (AEK Athens game).

Sooner or later, we'll have to give up the skank and kiss goodbye to those raucous escapades so we can settle down a bit, but if we add some Greek Ouzo to the monthly groceries list, perhaps we can recreate those nights in the future.

Woody1985
16-12-2009, 09:44 PM
If the West Stand is your presentable, ever faithful, loyal and dutiful wife that makes you feel good about yourself, the little trophy on your arm as you swan around town showing her off, then the East is the dirty little skank that you can't keep away from; the forbidden fruit that you yearn for now and again in the midst of having a lovely, comfortable, yet quiet night in with your missus.

Yes, she stinks of piss, her language is more than uncouth, she lets you smoke "indoors" and you wouldn't show her off to your mates, but by jove she'll give you the ride of your life and let you experience things that Mrs West could only provide if you doused her prawn sandwich with Greek Ouzo (AEK Athens game).

Sooner or later, we'll have to give up the skank and kiss goodbye to those raucous escapades so we can settle down a bit, but if we add some Greek Ouzo to the monthly groceries list, perhaps we can recreate those nights in the future.

Bobo
16-12-2009, 09:49 PM

:tee hee: superb.

ArabHibee
16-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Got bored reading all the posts / parts of posts about atmoshpere and it going because of Dozzing the East...If you were at the AEK match you will know thats cobblers..its people that make (or not) atmospheres not structures..so stop blaming other things and help make some :greengrin

Decent views / increased capacity potential / proper seats (which can be ignored when the need takes you) and bogs that are not a health hazard will all be a benefit...only thing left to sort is some decent catering...the recent rehash is a woefull attempt to punt dross at inflated prices and needs sorting. (get Greggs in to run Kiosks )

:agree: And the catering Behind The Goals.

hibeemark
16-12-2009, 10:01 PM

They were both standing and, especially in Aberdeen's case, creating an atmosphere. I think that totally kills off the argument that the East Stand is definitely going to lose its atmosphere just because it's no longer a dump.

The atmosphere from the visiting support in the South stand is quite often better than in any of the home stands.

Honestly? I hope you're right, and my fears are misplaced. :scarf:

However, maybe away supports aren't such a great example to use, as they're normally defiantly noisy regardless of the stand, because that's how people act when they're in "opposition territory". The fans that travel to away games are generally a bit more ardent too. Also, I may be wrong, but away supports seem to be more predominantly male than the home audience?

What I'm saying is that I don't think the type of stand, or whether people are sitting or standing plays such a big part with away fans. You've seen what it's like at Ibrox for us, and we still make a fair old racket there. But stick those same noisy Hibs away fans in the west at Easter Road, and see if you get a peep out of them. :Ummm:

Anyway, I do like what I'm hearing in this thread, about standing in the new east no matter what. I just hope folk stick to their guns when the inevitable finally happens. :wink:

IWasThere2016
16-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Any official news on this? Or is this just 9 pages of speculation?

Cheers

J

I doubt we'll hear officially til there is a contractor appointed .. but this is underway,

The new East will be in place for ko of the 2010/11 season

Arch Stanton
16-12-2009, 10:33 PM

Most of the more vocal element in these newer stands tend to stand in the back few rows do they not?

FWIW, I can't help but think it's just a bit of resistance to change and the fear that comes with something that has been the norm for so long having to change that's the problem here.

I'm sure a few months in to next season, the East stand massive will have taken residence somewhere in the new stand and will be singing their little hearts out as normal, bless them.

It doesn't even need to be a whole section - if just one row stands up then the people behind will either have to stand or miss out on watching the game.

Charming.

cwilliamson85
16-12-2009, 10:53 PM
With intertest rates at all time lows and builders desperate for work I see this as a perfect time for clubs with money to expand.

Lets just hope we are not left with a big empty stadium when players start to get sold by RP

Got to get teh RP dig in there somewhere:wink:

Sprouleflyer
17-12-2009, 06:58 AM
I doubt we'll hear officially til there is a contractor appointed .. but this is underway,

Will your reputation ride on that comment? :greengrin

matty_f
17-12-2009, 07:21 AM

Reputation?:confused: It's TQM we're on about here!:greengrin

Steve-O
17-12-2009, 07:40 AM
At pretty much every A-League ground there is a clearly designated section where those people who want to stand up for the whole game, sing, shout, drink beer (yes, it's true we can drink beer at the games!) can buy tickets for...why can't something like this be implemented at ER?

For example the middle 2 or 3 sections of the new East could be like that so that anyone buying a seat there knows what to expect.

It's a good idea IMO because I go to this section at the Wellington games and you know nobody is going to give you hassle about standing up etc because everyone there wants to do the same.

MyJo
17-12-2009, 08:03 AM
At pretty much every A-League ground there is a clearly designated section where those people who want to stand up for the whole game, sing, shout, drink beer (yes, it's true we can drink beer at the games!) can buy tickets for...why can't something like this be implemented at ER?

For example the middle 2 or 3 sections of the new East could be like that so that anyone buying a seat there knows what to expect.

It's a good idea IMO because I go to this section at the Wellington games and you know nobody is going to give you hassle about standing up etc because everyone there wants to do the same.

i dont think the club would be allowed to be shown to promote standing at the matches.....however a "singing section" could be advertised as having "potentially obstructed views due to increased physical activity of singing section participants" :wink:

Baw187
17-12-2009, 08:07 AM

:top marks Sounds like you're speaking from experience there, PH !!

Steve-O
17-12-2009, 08:10 AM
i dont think the club would be allowed to be shown to promote standing at the matches.....however a "singing section" could be advertised as having "potentially obstructed views due to increased physical activity of singing section participants" :wink:

Well, I don't really think standing is any more allowed here than it is there.

The bit where I stand is the 'Yellow Fever Zone' and everyone pretty much knows what it's like in there...I don't think there is anywhere that officially says people will stand in there.

Something definitely needs to be done or else there'll be arguments at the game and on here constantly about folk standing up etc etc :blah:

GlesgaeHibby
17-12-2009, 08:16 AM
That was possible was the Tynie stands were of steel construction and could be dismantled.

The Love Street stand was largely of reinforced concrete apart from the roof so the story was bullsh*t.

There was a Love Street stand that got sold, although it wasn't the away one. It was the East stand (opposite the away stand). Morton bought it for 50k as it was only built in 2000. This stand was a tin shed, so is easily dismantled.

Hibs wouldn't have been interested in this stand (anybody that's been to the Old Love Street will know that it was a small stand).

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2009, 08:17 AM
Well, I don't really think standing is any more allowed here than it is there.

The bit where I stand is the 'Yellow Fever Zone' and everyone pretty much knows what it's like in there...I don't think there is anywhere that officially says people will stand in there.

Something definitely needs to be done or else there'll be arguments at the game and on here constantly about folk standing up etc etc :blah:

I agree, maybe this should be the seats in the middle but at the back. It has to be done so people dont moan.

Joe Baker II
17-12-2009, 08:24 AM

Police have no power regarding capacities, blame for 10,000 rule lies entirely with clubs who formed SPL. Also it was late 1990s rule was brought in, Hibs capacity was under 8,000 for a while during 1994-95 for example. As was Falkirk's.

Peevemor
17-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Police have no power regarding capacities, blame for 10,000 rule lies entirely with clubs who formed SPL.

The 10,000 minimum as you say was part of the SPL criteria, but the all seated stadia rule for top flight teams was well before.

Also it was late 1990s rule was brought in, Hibs capacity was under 8,000 for a while during 1994-95 for example. As was Falkirk's.

The 2 are hardly comparable, given that we were in the process of rebuilding half the ground.

Steve-O
17-12-2009, 08:35 AM
I agree, maybe this should be the seats in the middle but at the back. It has to be done so people dont moan.

I think it should be entire middle sections back to front to be honest. That's what the section here is like and it's the busiest area by far, with space for about 1800 fans. :agree:

Andy74
17-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Sounds to me like this is a bit premature. Contracters haven't been appointed yet.

Surely all that is happening is exactly what Hibs told us at the AGM - they will be going back out to the market and getting up to date prices, and the fact they have done this has got out?

Until contracters are appointed I'm not sure we could have a timescale or firm plans in place?

Hibs previously warned ticket buyers that they may need to change seats if work started. They haven't this time. Why?

MB62
17-12-2009, 08:49 AM

TQM, what happened to my PM, was I not abusive enough to you?

Might have to reserrect MHHM and give you a slagging in there instead :greengrin

I think I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one :thumbsup:

MyJo
17-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Sounds to me like this is a bit premature. Contracters haven't been appointed yet.

Surely all that is happening is exactly what Hibs told us at the AGM - they will be going back out to the market and getting up to date prices, and the fact they have done this has got out?

it seems to be a bit more than just "getting prices" from the information that has been given by several posters on this thread and others on the PM board.

Until contracters are appointed I'm not sure we could have a timescale or firm plans in place?

I would assume Hibs will set the timescale for completion of the stand (ie the start of next season) and contractors will provide a quote based on that.

Hibs previously warned ticket buyers that they may need to change seats if work started. They haven't this time. Why?

Its been said time and time again over the past couple of years that this might be happening so if someone bought a half season ticket and wasn't aware of the plans then i'd be very very surprised.

GreenCastle
17-12-2009, 09:58 AM

I've seen it at other stadiums around the world also and it HAS to be done in the new East....if it's built. Nothing wrong in carefully wording it so that supporters are warned that they may be in that area. I also think it would be popular.

The slight problem is that if you stand in the middle then the end sections can't see...

Looking at the drawings it looks like there are 7 blocks.

Would have to be the two end blocks next to the away end I would imagine to cause minimum fuss.

I would love to see the whole stand standing but can't see it happening with the steepness of it.

GlesgaeHibby
17-12-2009, 10:19 AM
I've seen it at other stadiums around the world also and it HAS to be done in the new East....if it's built. Nothing wrong in carefully wording it so that supporters are warned that they may be in that area. I also think it would be popular.

The slight problem is that if you stand in the middle then the end sections can't see...

Looking at the drawings it looks like there are 7 blocks.

Would have to be the two end blocks next to the away end I would imagine to cause minimum fuss.

I would love to see the whole stand standing but can't see it happening with the steepness of it.

Would still cause fuss that way. People looking towards away goal would have view obscured by people standing.

Only way it could work would be a two tier arrangement with one tier designated for standing, or back X rows are standing in the single tier.

IWasThere2016
17-12-2009, 10:20 AM

Yes

Reputation?:confused: It's TQM we're on about here!:greengrin

:grr:

I think we have - and we will hear once an appointment is made.

TQM, what happened to my PM, was I not abusive enough to you?

Might have to reserrect MHHM and give you a slagging in there instead :greengrin

I think I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one :thumbsup:

:cool2:

Antifa Hibs
17-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Would still cause fuss that way. People looking towards away goal would have view obscured by people standing.

Only way it could work would be a two tier arrangement with one tier designated for standing, or back X rows are standing in the single tier.

Make the last three blocks near the south a 'singing' section where standing will be tolerated. Works a treat now so it should in the new east aswell...

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-12-2009, 11:09 AM
I don't think an organised area standing would be a big issue as we’re building a stand with double the capacity than we already have, so if I were an auld codger who didnae want to stand I’d just move to an empty seat where I got a decent view….
A couple of sections near the Dunbar end would be the best as it would minimise any obstruction for those on the same level / row, and if the stand is as steep as the FF / west upper, you only need to be in the 2nd row back from someone standing to be able to see over them. Maybe the club would get wise to this after a few games to see the numbers involved and not sell a couple of rows in these sections unless absolutely required.

Reckon the club would just toe the regulatory line tho and condone standing…..

degenerated
17-12-2009, 11:37 AM

yes they did

GreenCastle
17-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Make the last three blocks near the south a 'singing' section where standing will be tolerated. Works a treat now so it should in the new east aswell...

:agree::flag::partyhibb

Joe Baker II
18-12-2009, 09:19 AM
The 10,000 minimum as you say was part of the SPL criteria, but the all seated stadia rule for top flight teams was well before.

The 2 are hardly comparable, given that we were in the process of rebuilding half the ground.

I don't disagree but other the riidculous insistence of minimum capacities caused a lot of problems for Scottish football when over-rigorously imposed.

Peevemor
18-12-2009, 09:21 AM
I don't disagree but other the riidculous insistence of minimum capacities caused a lot of problems for Scottish football when over-rigorously imposed.

Which is the point I was making in the first instance.

For once we agree - it must be Christmas or something. :greengrin

tamig
18-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Sorry if this has been covered before (I'm currently at work and don't have the time to wade through the full thread), but have I picked up correctly that it will be a one tier stand only ?

IF so, I can't help feeling that that is a mistake.....how amazing would the ground look with 4x 2 tier stands. If the one tier option is due to lack of finance, would it not be better to wait until we have more dosh before building a 2 tier stand.

The existing one tier stand looks out of place (and outdated), I fear that the new one tier stand will look nice and shiny/new, but still look out of place.

Just my opinion likes :agree:

Yawn...

fiolex1
20-12-2009, 07:00 PM
If we could get a standing area in the new stand it would bring back a wee bit of a supporters community, I really miss just turning up to the game and meeting all the guys from the village at the same standing point every two weeks, instead of buying tickets and sitting at all different parts of the ground.

--------
20-12-2009, 08:10 PM
If we could get a standing area in the new stand it would bring back a wee bit of a supporters community, I really miss just turning up to the game and meeting all the guys from the village at the same standing point every two weeks, instead of buying tickets and sitting at all different parts of the ground.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, UNFORTUNATELY.

Nothing to do with the club, everything to do with the law, the polis and the nanny state. Standing up at the football can seriously damage your health.

HFC 0-7
21-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Does anyone have anymore info on this stand? Is it actually going to happen. I have spoken with a hibs player and he isnt aware.

jonty
21-12-2009, 01:11 PM

:faf: :top marks

Fill in a corner, and let them stand/sing in there (or fill in more than one). That way they won't obstruct the view of those whocan't/wont stand.

Does anyone have anymore info on this stand? Is it actually going to happen. I have spoken with a hibs player and he isnt aware.

As a ST holder for the East, I'd have thought we'd get a letter by now if there was work to go ahead in January and have it ready for 2010/2011 season. Nothing through the letter box so far.

Make a nice xmas present though :agree:

MB62
21-12-2009, 02:42 PM

I'll believe it when it has actually been announced by the board. Until then, I will put it down to mischievous rumour which has, if nothing else, started off a great debate. :greengrin

Green_one
21-12-2009, 04:07 PM
I'll believe it when it has actually been announced by the board. Until then, I will put it down to mischievous rumour which has, if nothing else, started off a great debate. :greengrin

I think they are delaying the announcement to time it with the Hearts January transfer budget. If Hearts can buy a big name player to feed Nade then our wee stand is going to look a bit pathetic.:devil:

Kaiser_Sauzee
21-12-2009, 04:09 PM
I bought two half seasons today for me and my mate for the East - will see if I get a letter when I pick them up.

marinello59
21-12-2009, 04:12 PM
I think they are delaying the announcement to time it with the Hearts January transfer budget. If Hearts can buy a big name player to feed Nade then our wee stand is going to look a bit pathetic.:devil:

Hearts are taking over Macdonalds? :confused:

Mikey
21-12-2009, 04:16 PM

You won't get any announcement until the club has finalised the contractors. The players certainly won't be involved in that process :wink:

GreenCastle
21-12-2009, 04:22 PM

Fill in a corner, and let them stand/sing in there (or fill in more than one). That way they won't obstruct the view of those whocan't/wont stand.

As a ST holder for the East, I'd have thought we'd get a letter by now if there was work to go ahead in January and have it ready for 2010/2011 season. Nothing through the letter box so far.

Was information not in the start of season booklet when season tickets went on sale that their might be possible relocation during the season?

Or am I going mad and imagining it ???

Moulin Yarns
21-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Hibernian official website has the headline
no_place_guaranteed (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/no-place-is-guaranteed-20091218_2262950_1908587) on it. The East Standers must be getting worried :wink:

Andy74
21-12-2009, 05:20 PM
yes they did

When?

HFC 0-7
22-12-2009, 08:16 AM
You won't get any announcement until the club has finalised the contractors. The players certainly won't be involved in that process :wink:

I would imagine the players would know if The Quiet Mans 'source' knows, unless his source is the tash!

IWasThere2016
22-12-2009, 08:32 AM
I would imagine the players would know if The Quiet Mans 'source' knows, unless his source is the tash!

Source aint from inside Hibs

scoopyboy
22-12-2009, 08:33 AM

I've known things before the players in the past.

Players don't need to be involved at a stage where the club are probably going to put / have put the job out to tender. Their job is to play football.

Most of them probably couldn't care anyway.

brydekirk
22-12-2009, 08:33 AM

they have to make a start, which extends the planning permission by 2 yrs. this will cause minimal disruption, so no need for sending out thousands of letters.:agree:

Phil D. Rolls
22-12-2009, 08:34 AM

IIRC the season we went down Dunfermline still had terracing, and Dundee, who replaced us in the new SPL didn't have an all seated stadium. There was pressure put on both clubs to come into line with the new rules.

It took Falkirk several years to understand the meaning of this "all seated stadium", they repeatedly tried to win D1 and gain promotion with the promise that the stadium "would be built". Ironically, by the time they actually started to build their new ground, the rules had been relaxed.

HFC 0-7
22-12-2009, 10:54 AM
I've known things before the players in the past.

Players don't need to be involved at a stage where the club are probably going to put / have put the job out to tender. Their job is to play football.

Most of them probably couldn't care anyway.

Is this thread not about the stand happening not put out to tender. I would imagine that the players would be advised if it was happening as soon as January, especially when Hibs are doing so well, whic could be effected by a massive reduction in attendancies.

HFC 0-7
22-12-2009, 10:56 AM
IIRC the season we went down Dunfermline still had terracing, and Dundee, who replaced us in the new SPL didn't have an all seated stadium. There was pressure put on both clubs to come into line with the new rules.

It took Falkirk several years to understand the meaning of this "all seated stadium", they repeatedly tried to win D1 and gain promotion with the promise that the stadium "would be built". Ironically, by the time they actually started to build their new ground, the rules had been relaxed.

Must admit I felt sorry for Falkirk as they needed the money they would get from the SPL to build a new stand, and when they asked to ground share when it would be built they were told to bolt! This, after Celtic were allowed to move to hampden to allow their stadium to be built.

Peevemor
22-12-2009, 11:00 AM

I think the clubs were given something like 2 years to comply.

Lucius Apuleius
22-12-2009, 12:15 PM

Must admit I felt sorry for Falkirk as they needed the money they would get from the SPL to build a new stand, and when they asked to ground share when it would be built they were told to bolt! This, after Celtic were allowed to move to hampden to allow their stadium to be built.

And as I have said on a couple of occasions before, Falkirk District Council did most of the blocking of Falkirk moving from Brockville. A lot of it was not the club's fault. Not that I particularly like Falkirk you understand, more a binos man but they do get too much abuse over this.

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Is this thread not about the stand happening not put out to tender. I would imagine that the players would be advised if it was happening as soon as January, especially when Hibs are doing so well, whic could be effected by a massive reduction in attendancies.

The east stand holds 3000, we dont get 14.500 home fans at any home games, this derby apart. So crowds wont be reduced, but may in fact go up.

Mikey
22-12-2009, 01:02 PM
they have to make a start, which extends the planning permission by 2 yrs.

In 2 years time it'll have been up for 18 months :greengrin

greenlex
22-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Nothing to add. Just wanted to be the 400th post on the subject!

Mikey
22-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Nothing to add. Just wanted to be the 400th post on the subject!

Nae luck :greengrin

MB62
22-12-2009, 01:09 PM
In 2 years time it'll have been up for 18 months :greengrin

You forgot to add these smillies Mikey :devil: :fibber: :stirrer: :tin hat:

HFC 0-7
22-12-2009, 01:18 PM
The east stand holds 3000, we dont get 14.500 home fans at any home games, this derby apart. So crowds wont be reduced, but may in fact go up.

Will they be able to find everyone in the east seats together though? that will be the problem. All the walk up customers may stay away as they wont be able to sit with their pals.

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Will they be able to find everyone in the east seats together though? that will be the problem. All the walk up customers may stay away as they wont be able to sit with their pals.

Aw diddums. :wink:

HenryMonk
22-12-2009, 01:31 PM

how are they able to sit with there pals just now?

HFC 0-7
22-12-2009, 01:48 PM
how are they able to sit with there pals just now?

because there are a lot of seats available not held by season ticket holders.

Keith_M
22-12-2009, 01:52 PM

There'll be 3,000 MORE seats than at present. Surely that means they'll have a BETTER chance of sitting with their mates? :confused:

Barney McGrew
22-12-2009, 01:53 PM
because there are a lot of seats available not held by season ticket holders.

There will be a lot less available given the number of half season tickets that have now been sold.

HFC 0-7
22-12-2009, 03:37 PM
There'll be 3,000 MORE seats than at present. Surely that means they'll have a BETTER chance of sitting with their mates? :confused:

read the posts! I am talking about when the east is being re built, whether walk ups will be able to find seats elsewhere where they can sit together!

PaulSmith
22-12-2009, 03:55 PM
read the posts! I am talking about when the east is being re built, whether walk ups will be able to find seats elsewhere where they can sit together!

We've sold more ST's now that we had done last year. I'd say 10k, now take away the East Stand and you capacity is around the 13k mark.

Allowing for segregation and away fans in the South Stand there will only be c. 1k spare available seats for every home game if the East is demolished.

So they may not have to "choose" anything as they simply may not get a ticket for a game from now until the new East is built

GreenCastle
22-12-2009, 03:58 PM
When the West was built and the main stand knocked down...how did season ticket holders move to the South - How were seats allocated ?

The best thing about having one less stand is less visiting fans :greengrin

lucky
22-12-2009, 04:05 PM
The most important thing is the ground will be complete. Half, full or walk up the Hibernian family will get on with it cos----- we are Hibernian FC

scoopyboy
22-12-2009, 04:10 PM
We've sold more ST's now that we had done last year. I'd say 10k, now take away the East Stand and you capacity is around the 13k mark.

Allowing for segregation and away fans in the South Stand there will only be c. 1k spare available seats for every home game if the East is demolished.

So they may not have to "choose" anything as they simply may not get a ticket for a game from now until the new East is built

The capacity without the east will be around 14,300.

East holds around 3200.

HFC 0-7
22-12-2009, 06:00 PM

this was my original point. I was saying that if the east stand is demolished we may end up with smaller crowds as walk up customers may be put off as they cant get seats beside people, I wonder if pretty much every match will become all ticket.

IWasThere2016
22-12-2009, 06:05 PM
this was my original point. I was saying that if the east stand is demolished we may end up with smaller crowds as walk up customers may be put off as they cant get seats beside people, I wonder if pretty much every match will become all ticket.

Well sell-outs whilst we re-develop are kinda what the Board want :wink:

HFC 0-7
22-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Well sell-outs whilst we re-develop are kinda what the Board want :wink:

My point is that they will probably be forced to make games all tickets because of the lower capacity and the not knowing if fans will turn up or not. My feeling is that people will shy away from going if they are unable to get seats beside their mates. When you look around the stadium, there isnt a huge amount of seats together, and any that are will be gone quick.

IMO I think there will be a drop in average attendance even although the capacity of the stadium will still be above our average so far.

scoopyboy
22-12-2009, 06:09 PM

Basically every match is all ticket at the moment, tickets can be bought in advance for any game.

If people want to sit together in a group then they would be better booking seats in advance.

HFC 0-7
22-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Basically every match is all ticket at the moment, tickets can be bought in advance for any game.

If people want to sit together in a group then they would be better booking seats in advance.

Yes, I know, however, after the east season ticket holders have moved, how many seats will be left together? I dont think there will be very many where 2 or more will be able to book in advance.

scoopyboy
22-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Yes, I know, however, after the east season ticket holders have moved, how many seats will be left together? I dont think there will be very many where 2 or more will be able to book in advance.

The capacity will be 14300 so lets assume we have 10000 season ticket holders, that would leave 4300 seats available each game.

Apart from A category games that would leave probably a minimum of 3300 seats as I don't see many teams bringing 1000 fans. Likes of SJ, Hamilton and Kille would be lucky to bring half that.

I think that is enough to be honest unless we are really threatening the league past February.

Question - In the FF there used to be a section in the middle of the upper tier for hospitality , are these seats available for season tickets nowadays?

Pedantic_Hibee
22-12-2009, 06:31 PM

You and your mates could just buy a half-season ticket?

HFC 0-7
22-12-2009, 06:34 PM
The capacity will be 14300 so lets assume we have 10000 season ticket holders, that would leave 4300 seats available each game.

Apart from A category games that would leave probably a minimum of 3300 seats as I don't see many teams bringing 1000 fans. Likes of SJ, Hamilton and Kille would be lucky to bring half that.

I think that is enough to be honest unless we are really threatening the league past February.

Question - In the FF there used to be a section in the middle of the upper tier for hospitality , are these seats available for season tickets nowadays/

Think they may still be hospitality as they are usually in late to the games. Remember there will be segregation in the south, hospitality in the west (possibly FF), Our average attendance this season is 12,470, with a lot of gaps in the east. Yes there will be enough seats for everyone in the west and FF, but many of the seats will be on their own. Its just my opinion, but I think the average attendance will drop

HFC 0-7
22-12-2009, 06:34 PM
You and your mates could just buy a half-season ticket?

I am already a season ticket holder in the west.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-12-2009, 07:00 PM

I still think you should buy one....... :wink:

degenerated
22-12-2009, 08:00 PM
When?

I'm sure there was the usual letter acompanying my season ticket saying that we may be moved to the south stand if building works commenced.

HibbyAndy
22-12-2009, 08:05 PM
I'm sure there was the usual letter acompanying my season ticket saying that we may be moved to the south stand if building works commenced.

Aye but how sure :devil:

Mikey
22-12-2009, 08:11 PM

If they buy a half season ticket now they'll spend most of the rest of this season in the south and you can all sit together from next season. There'll be a mass exodus from the west to the east so there'll be plenty seats available in there :wink:

The Voice Of Reason
22-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Yawn...

Eh ? :confused:

Must be your time of the month I reckon. :dummytit:

HFC 0-7
23-12-2009, 07:40 AM
If they buy a half season ticket now they'll spend most of the rest of this season in the south and you can all sit together from next season. There'll be a mass exodus from the west to the east so there'll be plenty seats available in there :wink:

Dont know about that, it looks like the sun is a right bugger when your sitting in the east.

the happy hibee
23-12-2009, 05:04 PM

Source aint from inside Hibs
Does your source by any chance happen to be from the groundsman because he is the one that told me that its happening?

Horse
23-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Lets just say for arguments sake that the board are planning to have the new stand in place for the start of next season and that will involve tearing down the East Terrace early new year. Imagine (or dream) that we keep stringing positive results together and are still in a position to challenge the OF at the end of January. Surely the board would be left with a dilemma in that we'd potentially be able to attract huge crowds in the run in and knocking down the East with half a season to go would severely limit the money that Hibs could make from such a scenario. The likelyhood is that we won't sustain a challenge for much longer (I hope I'm wrong but it will be extremely tough to keep it going) and knocking down the East would have a minimum impact as crowds for most home games would be easily accommodated in the reduced capacity ER. If the unthinkable happened and we were to keep challenging then I think it would be crazy to knock down the East, not just financially but from a football perspective as well - If we kept up the challenge then the team would surely benefit from having four sides of the stadium packed as oppose to playing in front of a building site on one side.

Hibs continuing a title challenge is unlikely but as things stand it's not quite impossible just yet.

SolentHibee
23-12-2009, 05:31 PM
...Imagine (or dream) that we keep stringing positive results together and are still in a position to challenge the OF at the end of January...If the unthinkable happened and we were to keep challenging then I think it would be crazy to knock down the East, not just financially but from a football perspective as well - If we kept up the challenge then the team would surely benefit from having four sides of the stadium packed as oppose to playing in front of a building site on one side.

Hibs continuing a title challenge is unlikely but as things stand it's not quite impossible just yet.

How's about we move to Murrayfield for the big games? It's what a big team would do. :jamboak:

IWasThere2016
23-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Does your source by any chance happen to be from the groundsman because he is the one that told me that its happening?

Nope.

Stuarty27
23-12-2009, 05:41 PM
My company is pricing the roadworks and drainage around the east stand at easter road at the minute...

Part/Time Supporter
23-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Lets just say for arguments sake that the board are planning to have the new stand in place for the start of next season and that will involve tearing down the East Terrace early new year. Imagine (or dream) that we keep stringing positive results together and are still in a position to challenge the OF at the end of January. Surely the board would be left with a dilemma in that we'd potentially be able to attract huge crowds in the run in and knocking down the East with half a season to go would severely limit the money that Hibs could make from such a scenario. The likelyhood is that we won't sustain a challenge for much longer (I hope I'm wrong but it will be extremely tough to keep it going) and knocking down the East would have a minimum impact as crowds for most home games would be easily accommodated in the reduced capacity ER. If the unthinkable happened and we were to keep challenging then I think it would be crazy to knock down the East, not just financially but from a football perspective as well - If we kept up the challenge then the team would surely benefit from having four sides of the stadium packed as oppose to playing in front of a building site on one side.

If Hearts finish in the bottom six, the only Category A games after January will be the third game against Celtic and the post-split game against Rangers.* Hibs would be doing well with the current ST base (c. 10,000?) to fill the rest of the stadium against the other opponents.

*plus the outside chance of Hibs being drawn at home against one of those three in the Scottish

jae
23-12-2009, 05:50 PM

Bet you he's glad you just made your source public knowledge. :wink:

No more scoops for you me thinks :agree: :faf:

Horse
23-12-2009, 05:54 PM
If Hearts finish in the bottom six, the only Category A games after January will be the third game against Celtic and the post-split game against Rangers.* Hibs would be doing well with the current ST base (c. 10,000?) to fill the rest of the stadium against the other opponents.

*plus the outside chance of Hibs being drawn at home against one of those three in the Scottish

If we drift away from the OF but look like certs for 3rd place then I totally agree with you, however if we were still challenging right up to the end of the season then we could easily sell out ER twice over for the last few home games no matter who the opposition are. I know it's unlikely but if we are still challenging at the end of January then surely we'd have to consider the potential crowds we could attract towards the end of the season if we continued the challenge.

CentreLine
23-12-2009, 06:49 PM
If we drift away from the OF but look like certs for 3rd place then I totally agree with you, however if we were still challenging right up to the end of the season then we could easily sell out ER twice over for the last few home games no matter who the opposition are. I know it's unlikely but if we are still challenging at the end of January then surely we'd have to consider the potential crowds we could attract towards the end of the season if we continued the challenge.

With exception of the two up coming holiday time games the best we have done all season was 14.5k for the celtic game. I imagine RP has done the sums based on that figure. Challenge or not, he will have calculated that European games at the start of the new season are likely to sell out a new capacity ground in the way that AFK Athens took the imagination last time round. Exciting times i hope it happens !!!!!!!!!!
:notworthy:

the happy hibee
23-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Bet you he's glad you just made your source public knowledge. :wink:

No more scoops for you me thinks :agree: :faf:
The thing is he has been going about telling everyone he knows that its happening hes the kind of guy that when he knows something he just cant help himself but tell people! so i think i will be ok for getting more scoops me thinks:wink:! By the way we r getting a brand new pitch aswell in the summer!:agree: :wink:

madhibby
23-12-2009, 07:06 PM
The thing is he has been going about telling everyone he knows that its happening hes the kind of guy that when he knows something he just cant help himself but tell people! so i think i will be ok for getting more scoops me thinks:wink:! By the way we r getting a brand new pitch aswell in the summer!:agree: :wink:

I remember reading that when they build the new stand they are widening the pitch by 3 - 5 metres (I can't remember which it was) in the direction of the new East stand.

The pitch itself needs relaid and presumably they require to take account of the impact of the new stand on sunlight,drainage etc.

the happy hibee
23-12-2009, 07:22 PM
I remember reading that when they build the new stand they are widening the pitch by 3 - 5 metres (I can't remember which it was) in the direction of the new East stand.

The pitch itself needs relaid and presumably they require to take account of the impact of the new stand on sunlight,drainage etc.
Yeah they said that at the agm in 2008! When you sit in the famous five upper in the section nearest the terricing when you look straight in front of you you look onto the roof of the terricing!

MussiHibee
23-12-2009, 07:26 PM
My company is pricing the roadworks and drainage around the east stand at easter road at the minute...

So the Contract is out to Tender at the minute then.

Once all Tenders are in, Tender Checks have to be made, then a Tender Report and then the consultant working on behalf of Hibs will appoint the successful contractor.

No announcement will be made until the contractor has been appointed IMO which looks like the w/c 4th Jan 2010.

GGTTH

tamig
23-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Eh ? :confused:

Must be your time of the month I reckon. :dummytit:

I found your post boring. It was announced long ago that the stand would be single tier. I think this has been warmly received by my fellow East-standers. Do you happen to sit in another part of the ground by any chance?

I found you comparing the current East with the new structure quite ludicrous. It'll be the same height as the three other stands and will provide an imposing spectacle in my opinion. The ground will look just great with the new East in place.

If you feel otherwise, then that's your perogative. No PMT from me :blah:

Horse
23-12-2009, 09:52 PM
With exception of the two up coming holiday time games the best we have done all season was 14.5k for the celtic game. I imagine RP has done the sums based on that figure. Challenge or not, he will have calculated that European games at the start of the new season are likely to sell out a new capacity ground in the way that AFK Athens took the imagination last time round. Exciting times i hope it happens !!!!!!!!!!
:notworthy:

Very true. That thought did cross my mind as well - having the new stand ready for Europe next season would be great and could well compensate for any loss incurred this season due to building work. We still have to qualify for Europe though and my biggest concern is that playing in front of just three stands in what has the potential to be one of our most significant league campaigns in years could be detrimental to the team.

degenerated
23-12-2009, 10:28 PM
So the Contract is out to Tender at the minute then.

Once all Tenders are in, Tender Checks have to be made, then a Tender Report and then the consultant working on behalf of Hibs will appoint the successful contractor.

No announcement will be made until the contractor has been appointed IMO which looks like the w/c 4th Jan 2010.

GGTTH

it'll be a bit later than that, it's holiday time it the building trade. imho the end of january would a much more realistic timescale for awarding any contract :wink:

McD
23-12-2009, 10:47 PM
it'll be a bit later than that, it's holiday time it the building trade. imho the end of january would a much more realistic timescale for awarding any contract :wink:

Probably old age catching up with me, but I seem to remember that when the West was done work didnt start til quite late in the season (poss march-april time). So, no need to have the tender awarded in the next fortnight anyway, wouldve thot that your end of jan estimate would tie into that reasonably well, giving the company time to prepare :dunno:

Could be wrong tho

The Voice Of Reason
24-12-2009, 01:17 PM
I found your post boring. It was announced long ago that the stand would be single tier. I think this has been warmly received by my fellow East-standers. Do you happen to sit in another part of the ground by any chance?

I found you comparing the current East with the new structure quite ludicrous. It'll be the same height as the three other stands and will provide an imposing spectacle in my opinion. The ground will look just great with the new East in place.

If you feel otherwise, then that's your perogative. No PMT from me :blah:

You have completely got the wrong end of the stick. If you read my original post properly, it wasn't the one tier that worried me, it was the fact that I thought (mistakenly) that the one tier would be the same size as the existing East.

Replies from some helpful/friendly posters quickly cleared this up and you will see that I then posted my relief/delight at this.

You strike me as not a very nice person, however I do apologise for not being as wise/knowledgeable as yourself.

Have a super Xmas....you cretin.

tamig
24-12-2009, 03:49 PM
You have completely got the wrong end of the stick. If you read my original post properly, it wasn't the one tier that worried me, it was the fact that I thought (mistakenly) that the one tier would be the same size as the existing East.

Replies from some helpful/friendly posters quickly cleared this up and you will see that I then posted my relief/delight at this.

You strike me as not a very nice person, however I do apologise for not being as wise/knowledgeable as yourself.

Have a super Xmas....you cretin.

Oooh! Im sorry if I've hit a nerve. Apologies for any offence. 'Tis the season to be jolly and all. Please don't start name calling. I'm a decent chap and don't like resorting to such behaviour. I'm glad you've now come round to realising what the new East is all about. Bring it on I say. And seasons greetings to your good self :tree

Kaiser_Sauzee
24-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Girls! Girls! Please?!?!

Can't we behave like civilised people?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Dont know about that, it looks like the sun is a right bugger when your sitting in the east.

The Tache isnae a dafty though, he'll have factored in plenty space in the councourse for a wee stall to knock out Hibernian baseball hats at RRP (Rods Recommended Price) ..... Sorted! :greengrin

HFC 0-7
24-12-2009, 05:33 PM
The Tache isnae a dafty though, he'll have factored in plenty space in the councourse for a wee stall to knock out Hibernian baseball hats at RRP (Rods Recommended Price) ..... Sorted! :greengrin

I think the tache will be making a fortune next season then in the baseball cap market although, I think his biggest income will be in the fake tache market. I can imagine all the east next year sporting a petrie like tache in appreciation of the new facilities on offer in the east! Once everyone is on board with the fake tache, queue his next money making idea of tache combs!

The Voice Of Reason
24-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Oooh! Im sorry if I've hit a nerve. Apologies for any offence. 'Tis the season to be jolly and all. Please don't start name calling. I'm a decent chap and don't like resorting to such behaviour. I'm glad you've now come round to realising what the new East is all about. Bring it on I say. And seasons greetings to your good self :tree

Apology accepted.

Seasons Greetings to you too. :agree:

greenlex
08-01-2010, 04:22 PM
This seems to have gone like the weather. A bit cold. We are now well into January so is anything happening or is it just a pile of poo from TQM? :confused: Anyone seem any bulldozers warming up?

Ravelston Hibby
08-01-2010, 04:39 PM
This seems to have gone like the weather. A bit cold. We are now well into January so is anything happening or is it just a pile of poo from TQM? :confused: Anyone seem any bulldozers warming up?

Not yet.

:I'm waiti

Mikey
08-01-2010, 04:42 PM

Don't be surprised if the last game in front of the current east stand is this month :wink:

Sprouleflyer
08-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Don't be surprised if the last game in front of the current east stand is this month :wink:

Spill the beans!!!!!

Mikey
08-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Spill the beans!!!!!

Erm......... Don't be surprised if the last game in front of the current east stand is this month.

How much more do you want? :greengrin

Littlest Hobo
08-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Erm......... Don't be surprised if the last game in front of the current east stand is this month.

You know summit? Then spill big fella?:greengrin

jabis
08-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Spill the beans!!!!!

But don't let Gramo(or G69)near them !

Mikey
08-01-2010, 04:53 PM

All I know for certain is that the club won't say anything until absolutely everything is tied down. And (as far as I know) they haven't finalised who's building it yet so don't hold your breathe.

But......... Don't be surprised if the last game in front of the current east stand is this month :devil:

hibernian36
08-01-2010, 04:57 PM

No but i saw a forklift truck milling about at the back of the main stand after the derby. Turns out it was Nade's taxi home :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Moulin Yarns
08-01-2010, 04:57 PM

He's been hijacked by TQM :greengrin

brydekirk
08-01-2010, 05:05 PM
they have to make a start to get the 2yr extention to the planning permission. this will be minimal and does not mean they are going to build the new stand at this moment in time.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2010, 05:06 PM
they have to make a start to get the 2yr extention to the planning permission. this will be minimal and does not mean they are going to build the new stand at this moment in time.

:faf::faf::faf:

marinello59
08-01-2010, 05:09 PM
He's been hijacked by TQM :greengrin

I do hope that isn't a euphemism,

Hibby Kay-Yay
08-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Until I see photo's of cardboard boxes piled high and wide then I won't believe any of you :cool2:

Last Minute
08-01-2010, 05:13 PM

would not be surprised if this was true as tis would be the right time to start:greengrin

Kato
08-01-2010, 05:19 PM

Would it not be a ten year extension.

BTW Who are "they"?

Do you mean "we"?

BSEJVT
08-01-2010, 05:23 PM

BTW Who are "they"?

Do you mean "we"?

I think its been hinted in the past that Brydekirk is of the Yammish persuasion and this latest faux-pas is another indicator that it is so:feed:

Peevemor
08-01-2010, 05:24 PM

If they start they don't need to extend the planning consent.

ruthven_raiders
08-01-2010, 05:28 PM
hibs have already sold tickets to the celtic fans for the game in april, so if the east stand is getting built do we all sit on each others laps;o)

degenerated
08-01-2010, 05:37 PM

with all due respect that's nonsense. have a wee look at the planning portal on the councils website and you can see exactly when planning permission runs to :wink:

scoopyboy
08-01-2010, 05:41 PM
hibs have already sold tickets to the celtic fans for the game in april, so if the east stand is getting built do we all sit on each others laps;o)

Only guessing but could the season ticket holders in the East be housed in the comfy chairs in the west, ordinary seats in the west and the FF?

degenerated
08-01-2010, 05:42 PM

nah just keep their money and bump them, that would be the sensible option.

Kato
08-01-2010, 05:46 PM
I think its been hinted in the past that Brydekirk is of the Yammish persuasion and this latest faux-pas is another indicator that it is so:feed:

Sort of thought so.

What a marooon.

Cropley10
08-01-2010, 05:50 PM

:faf: :bye:

brydekirk
08-01-2010, 05:52 PM

BTW Who are "they"?

Do you mean "we"?

sorry about that, but, we are the supporters, who cant tell the board (they) when to build the stand.:agree: normally the planning permission lasts for 3yrs. after that time, if work has not started. you are requiered to update the plans, which can be refused. if u start within the 3yrs, this gives u a 2yr extention to complete the works. cheers

IWasThere2016
08-01-2010, 05:54 PM

Nae Poo! :wink:

As Mikey says - St Midden likely to be last game before bulldozers roll in ..

ronaldo7
08-01-2010, 05:54 PM

When we start it, we will finish it, and it will be ready for the new season.

ronaldo7
08-01-2010, 05:57 PM
sorry about that, but, we are the supporters, who cant tell the board (they) when to build the stand.:agree: normally the planning permission lasts for 3yrs. after that time, if work has not started. you are requiered to update the plans, which can be refused. if u start within the 3yrs, this gives u a 2yr extention to complete the works. cheers

So yammish Brydekirk. It's not like US hibs supporters to be quiet on any issue which affects OUR club:cool2:

brydekirk
08-01-2010, 05:58 PM
When we start it, we will finish it, and it will be ready for the new season.

we all hope that will be the case. :thumbsup:

ScottB
08-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Hasn't work already begun? Thought some preliminary work had already been carried out, so surely the planning consent no longer matters?

brydekirk
08-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Hasn't work already begun? Thought some preliminary work had already been carried out, so surely the planning consent no longer matters?

you could be right , ive not been in the east since the falkirk game.

Cropley10
08-01-2010, 07:06 PM

Rubbish.

Dashing Bob S
08-01-2010, 07:08 PM
The East Stand, Anderson, Barr, Arfield...

Beefster
08-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Only guessing but could the season ticket holders in the East be housed in the comfy chairs in the west, ordinary seats in the west and the FF?

Bagsy a comfy seat.

brydekirk
08-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Rubbish.

most of this was explained at the AGM.

Aubenas
08-01-2010, 07:46 PM
in his Sunday Herald (?) interview over Christmas, Scott Lindsay confirmed that they had done he work necessary to avoid having to renew the planning permission and they currently had feelers out to see if the construction companies were getting any closer to Hibs desired outlay. I note that Barrs are involved in the Gogar Tram Terminal just now - once that's completed they may be looking for work to keep them busy :wink:

scoopyboy
08-01-2010, 07:48 PM
most of this was explained at the AGM.

It was explained at the AGM but there has been a change of plan since then.

jabis
08-01-2010, 07:51 PM
in his Sunday Herald (?) interview over Christmas, Scott Lindsay confirmed that they had done he work necessary to avoid having to renew the planning permission and they currently had feelers out to see if the construction companies were getting any closer to Hibs desired outlay. I note that Barrs are involved in the Gogar Tram Terminal just now - once that's completed they may be looking for work to keep them busy :wink:

And the trams will be finished ?.......................2020..........2030 ..............

Petrie :grr:

IWasThere2016
08-01-2010, 08:40 PM
It was explained at the AGM but there has been a change of plan since then.

:agree: Barrs - I mean bang on!

G15 Hibs
08-01-2010, 09:25 PM

Sunday Herald 3/1/10:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/hibernian/do-not-underestimate-the-determination-of-hibernian-s-quiet-man-scott-lindsay-1.995785

"During the club’s annual general meeting in September 2007, the first seeds were sewn in preparation for the redevelopment of Easter Road when plans for a new east stand were announced. The development was then put on hold until sufficient cash resources were obtained to finance the project. However, with the cost of construction falling recently, the project is still a viable option and remains a work in progress.

“We would dearly like to complete the redevelopment of the stadium and we’re still working towards that,” said Lindsay. “We’ve recently been able to protect our position by satisfying the requirements of the planning consent and have activated that, so we’re now in a position where we can build an east stand and not be constrained by the February 2010 deadline that was in place. Admittedly, we don’t have all the funding in place right now to build a stand, however we think the market for construction has maybe come back towards us a little and we’re in the middle of doing a piece of work to test that market again and establish just what an up-to-date costing would be to complete the redevelopment. We need to see what happens when the prices come back, and that may take some time, but we’ll do things diligently and once we understand what it might cost then we need to determine when is the right time to do it, as well as getting the funding in place before we would go ahead with it.”"

MrSmith
08-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Sunday Herald 3/1/10:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/hibernian/do-not-underestimate-the-determination-of-hibernian-s-quiet-man-scott-lindsay-1.995785

"During the club’s annual general meeting in September 2007, the first seeds were sewn in preparation for the redevelopment of Easter Road when plans for a new east stand were announced. The development was then put on hold until sufficient cash resources were obtained to finance the project. However, with the cost of construction falling recently, the project is still a viable option and remains a work in progress.

“We would dearly like to complete the redevelopment of the stadium and we’re still working towards that,” said Lindsay. “We’ve recently been able to protect our position by satisfying the requirements of the planning consent and have activated that, so we’re now in a position where we can build an east stand and not be constrained by the February 2010 deadline that was in place. Admittedly, we don’t have all the funding in place right now to build a stand, however we think the market for construction has maybe come back towards us a little and we’re in the middle of doing a piece of work to test that market again and establish just what an up-to-date costing would be to complete the redevelopment. We need to see what happens when the prices come back, and that may take some time, but we’ll do things diligently and once we understand what it might cost then we need to determine when is the right time to do it, as well as getting the funding in place before we would go ahead with it.”"

Petrie et al cannot be described as ambiguous as this!

More 'put-together' from the weedjia!

the lurker
09-01-2010, 08:09 AM
I have heard from a good source that work will be commencing in April and will be completed by the start of next season.
Believe it or believe it not.....:agree:
Alec

weonlywon6-2
09-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Any news on the Hearts new stand? I thought they were planning something very ambitious that would make Tynecastle into a showpiece arena.

how would check-outs make it show piece ?:wink::wink:

Moulin Yarns
09-01-2010, 08:27 AM
normally the planning permission lasts for 3yrs. after that time, if work has not started. you are requiered to update the plans, which can be refused. if u start within the 3yrs, this gives u a 2yr extention to complete the works. cheers

How much do you know about the Planning system in Scotland?

What you refer to is in the Planning (Scotland) Act 2006 but the Planning Approval for the stand comes under the previous legislation.

Dashing Bob S
09-01-2010, 08:37 AM
[/B]

how would check-outs make it show piece ?:wink::wink:

It would make easier for the dwindling band of gorgoyles to get out, for one thing.:wink:

Bob Box Fish
14-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Any news if we are going for the new east stand this season?

BroxburnHibee
14-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Any news if we are going for the new east stand this season?

I've heard a few things - be amazed if its not announced soon - you Easties better make the most of it. :greengrin

Bob Box Fish
14-01-2010, 05:42 PM
I've heard a few things - be amazed if its not announced soon - you Easties better make the most of it. :greengrin

What have you heard . .