PDA

View Full Version : Who pays the wages , , , ,

hibhib7
14-12-2009, 12:42 PM
, , , , when the players are away on international duty? Surely debt-ridden Jambos can't be expected to fork out £15,000 a week for Kingston during the African Nations Cup? Let's hope that's not the case!

MyJo
14-12-2009, 12:46 PM
, , , , when the players are away on international duty? Surely debt-ridden Jambos can't be expected to fork out £15,000 a week for Kingston during the African Nations Cup? Let's hope that's not the case!

Most players aren't paid on a weekly basis, they will be given an annual salary that gets divided by 12 and paid monthly (or not depending on the club :greengrin) and then topped up with thier bonuses etc each month.

H18sry
14-12-2009, 12:47 PM

Lets hope it is the case :wink::devil:

magpie1892
14-12-2009, 12:48 PM
100% Hearts will be paying his weekly wage while he's away, injured or whatever.

I've seen a few player contracts and they are absolutely watertight (as you might imagine).

HFC 0-7
14-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Most players aren't paid on a weekly basis, they will be given an annual salary that gets divided by 12 and paid monthly (or not depending on the club :greengrin) and then topped up with thier bonuses etc each month.

Dont know about that, I know for a fact that a lot of the top clubs in England and Scotland pay their players weekly.

Woody1985
14-12-2009, 01:25 PM
I've read that clubs are paid a set amount by FIFA for WCs and Euros. Don't know about ANC.

I think Inverness did pretty well out of that Romanian guy when he went to the last tourny.

hibhib7
14-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Lets hope it is the case :wink::devil:That was a wee bit tongue-in-cheek, H18sry.

Judas Iscariot
14-12-2009, 01:37 PM

Who cares about the smelly pink poofters debt :confused:

I hope all the big earners at Slimey keep bleeding that laughing stock of a club dry :agree:

CabbageFan
14-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Do FIFA not pay each club a thousand a day for each day they are in the tournament for each player? Im sure I read this in the paper last week, and there is something like a 2 and half grand pay out if a player gets injured.

Green Mikey
14-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Dont know about that, I know for a fact that a lot of the top clubs in England and Scotland pay their players weekly.

Simply not true. The vast majority of clubs pay monthly and as the other poster said pay bonuses and endorsements accrued in that month at the same time.

The time and effort needed to pay large amounts of cash weekly and the interest that would be lost prohibits clubs from paying weekly wages.

Danderhall Hibs
14-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Simply not true. The vast majority of clubs pay monthly and as the other poster said pay bonuses and endorsements accrued in that month at the same time.

The time and effort needed to pay large amounts of cash weekly and the interest that would be lost prohibits clubs from paying weekly wages.

It was in the papers last year that Hearts were the only team left paying weekly but when they defaulted they changed it to monthly to be in line with everyone else.

Dashing Bob S
14-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Larry's worth every penny.

Kato
14-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Larry's worth every penny.

...every last farthing.