PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Strips for Xmas

Holmesdale Hibs
14-12-2009, 10:12 AM
I had a look at the online store and all mens Hibs home tops, other than small or XXL, have sold out. The away one has also sold out in large/medium While this is good news for the club, its annoying for me as I can't find one anywhere.

I called the shop and was told 'that's it for the season'. I'm not sure how difficult it is to order more strips although it suprises me that it can't be done before May. Anyway, that's another point and not what I started this thread for.

Does anyone know anywhere in Edinburgh or online where I can get hold of a medium or large adult size Hibs top? Home would be best but happy with away.

Cheers.

Thegreenside
14-12-2009, 03:28 PM
i got a away one yesterday no problem looked to be a few aswell.

Riordans Boots
14-12-2009, 06:34 PM
I had a look at the online store and all mens Hibs home tops, other than small or XXL, have sold out. The away one has also sold out in large/medium While this is good news for the club, its annoying for me as I can't find one anywhere.

I called the shop and was told 'that's it for the season'. I'm not sure how difficult it is to order more strips although it suprises me that it can't be done before May. Anyway, that's another point and not what I started this thread for.

Does anyone know anywhere in Edinburgh or online where I can get hold of a medium or large adult size Hibs top? Home would be best but happy with away.

Cheers.

Doubt you will get them anywhere else as I believe it's only our clubstore that sell the official merchandise mate. I would take a donder in to the shop if you can or get somebody else to go have a look for you.

Hope you get it. Good luck.

Big90inOz
15-12-2009, 03:51 AM
Tried to buy a top for the boy early November only to be told sorry sold out with no more due.:confused:

Holmesdale Hibs
15-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Cheers for the help guys. Unfortunately I'm not back in Edinburgh until next week but hopefully can get someone else to have a look.

I'm a bit suprised they won't be getting any more this season, especially with the team doing so well. If we keep up the current form and even make it to a cup final then the club will be losing out on a lot of money.

hibsbollah
15-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Cheers for the help guys. Unfortunately I'm not back in Edinburgh until next week but hopefully can get someone else to have a look.

I'm a bit suprised they won't be getting any more this season, especially with the team doing so well. If we keep up the current form and even make it to a cup final then the club will be losing out on a lot of money.

Just stuff your face for a week and you'll probably fit into the XXL just in time for Christmas:agree:

GreenCastle
15-12-2009, 10:23 AM

Last time I was in the club shop - week or so ago - there was plenty of sizes ? :confused:

Beefster
15-12-2009, 10:29 AM
I've had the same problem (ish). Tried to get the home or away strip for the young 'un for Christmas as he's grown out of the baby one.

I think, in principle, selling the strip only at the club shop is a good idea. Having very little stock for Christmas and no way (or desire) to restock is awful though. There may have been a few other little Hibs-themed things/tat bought at the same time too so it's not just the profit on the strip that they lose out on.

GreenCastle
15-12-2009, 10:34 AM
I've had the same problem (ish). Tried to get the home or away strip for the young 'un for Christmas as he's grown out of the baby one.

I think, in principle, selling the strip only at the club shop is a good idea. Having very little stock for Christmas and no way (or desire) to restock is awful though. There may have been a few other little Hibs-themed things/tat bought at the same time too so it's not just the profit on the strip that they lose out on.

Interesting if true - surely they will be losing good money in the run up to xmas if true - can they not order more from Le Coq ?

:confused:

Holmesdale Hibs
15-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Interesting if true - surely they will be losing good money in the run up to xmas if true - can they not order more from Le Coq ?

:confused:

Yeah, you'd think so but the guy in the shop's response was "that's it for the season".

GreenCastle
15-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Yeah, you'd think so but the guy in the shop's response was "that's it for the season".

Would email the club directly and see what they have to say :agree:

Doesn't sound like the best customer service - from a usually pretty good store. :confused:

silverhibee
15-12-2009, 02:09 PM
I was at the shop yesterday to get two home tops for Xmas presents and was told that they only had small left in the home top, i also asked when they would be getting more in, hoping they would get another delivery in before the 24th Dec, was just told thats it no more home tops for this season, pretty poor imo.
Anyway had to just get two away tops instead.:greengrin

Bristolhibby
15-12-2009, 04:25 PM
This is mental.

PatHead
15-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Not the first time this has happened I remember it happening a couple of years ago.

Suppose Le Coq will already be making strips for next season and Hibs don't want to give free tickets to games or tops away for free like the cunning marketing ploy from our neighbours at the big club.

hibbeedavid
15-12-2009, 05:57 PM
I do have a bit of sympathy for the club as the shop can only base orders on last seasons sales, and they were so poor that basically half the staff members lost their jobs as a result.

as a result less stock was always going to be ordered this year as we can see with running out of kit stock so early and the reduction in training range lines available and its only really because the team are doing so well that there is so much demand for merchandise and the store manager can hardly predict how the team is going to perform when he orders stock!

coupled with the fact that the le coq contract is possibly not going to be renewed and that its usually this time of year that next years orders are made its not a simple case of just ordering more stock in, like the case of the gk kits in 2007 when le coq forgot to make them and couldnt then make them when the shop reminded them about the order as they had ran out of the material required.

so sympathies for those feeling left out and kids disappointed but i can see the reasoning behind it