PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen V Hibs pre-match chat / freezing weather forecast (merged)

Jack
14-12-2009, 08:46 AM
Noticed in the cyber papers at the weekend Moaner McGhee wasn’t going to blame the youth of his squad for the situation they find themselves and thereby highlighting the fact he has a young squad in SPL terms. Actually it is surprisingly untrue - they have the 5th youngest squad!

Aberdeen squad 22 players; average age 24.3; teenagers 4
Hibernian squad 25 players; average age 23.7; teenagers 7

Of the last 5 matches 2 have been up there 2:1 and 1:2. At ER its been a win for us and 2 draws. Tight game??? Current form maybe shouldn't be;

Aberdeen: 15 Matches - 18 Points - 12:16 Goals
Hibernian: 15 Matches - 29 Points - 22:10 Goals

We know what our unbeaten run is; Aberdeen haven’t won either of their last two games.

CallumLaidlaw
14-12-2009, 09:21 AM
current form would of had us beat Killie. Away games are always tough in our league tho. Especially Pittodrie. They gave Rangers one hell of a game last week, and Lee Miller and the young lad Pawlett were tremendous.

Bamba needs to pay close attention to Miller, as he won every ball in the air.

We also need to make sure we don't go giving silly free kicks away around the box, as Mulgrew is a dead ball expert.

And finally we need the solid Stack back in goals (I remember a game against the Dons at ER 2 years ago where Maka was a disaster for 90mins), and McBride back in the middle to break up play.

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2009, 09:25 AM
current form would of had us beat Killie. Away games are always tough in our league tho. Especially Pittodrie. They gave Rangers one hell of a game last week, and Lee Miller and the young lad Pawlett were tremendous.

We also need to make sure we don't go giving silly free kicks away around the box, as Mulgrew is a dead ball expert.

And finally we need the solid Stack back in goals (I remember a game against the Dons at ER 2 years ago where Maka was a disaster for 90mins), and McBride back in the middle to break up play.

Oh no, here we go again.:wink:

shagpile
14-12-2009, 11:00 AM

We also need to make sure we don't go giving silly free kicks away around the box, as Mulgrew is a dead ball expert. And finally we need the solid Stack back in goals (I remember a game against the Dons at ER 2 years ago where Maka was a disaster for 90mins), and McBride back in the middle to break up play.

I think aberdeen will be saying the same thing. Riordan isn't too shabby with the dead ball.
Zemmamma & Stokes can do a job too.

I'm sure the dons remember a few games where Langfield was less than perfect.:rolleyes:
I'm not too bothered about McBride, we have 7 points from a possible 9 since McBride got injured.

truehibernian
14-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Would I be right in saying that Riordan has scored every time he has played at Todders since his return to ER ? I think as long as we keep a close eye on Miller and his tendancy to devour grass during a game, and thereafter Mulgrew's set pieces, we have a great chance to beat them convincingly. Their midfield is poor, and McGhee knows that if he tries to play with attack minded players (Aluko, Mackie, Pawlett) then we break fast and have 4/5 up top to hurt them. Yogi outfoxed McGhee at ER in my opinion and he will do likewise on Saturday. Press their back four as we did v Motherwell and we will win this game comfortably.

allmodcons
14-12-2009, 12:05 PM
After losing to Hamilton, Aberdeen are bound to be fired up for next week, however, their fans (at home) are a lot like us (quick to criticize team), if we can get an early goal, they'll get pissed off pretty quickly.

The secret for us away from home is to score first. If we score first they'll have to come at us and, I think, we're well set up for hitting teams on the break.

Fingers crossed, we take 3 points, but , even allowing for Aberdeen's poor form of late, it won't be easy!!

Steve20
14-12-2009, 12:11 PM
[/I]

I think aberdeen will be saying the same thing. Riordan isn't too shabby with the dead ball.
Zemmamma & Stokes can do a job too.

I'm sure the dons remember a few games where Langfield was less than perfect.:rolleyes:
I'm not too bothered about McBride, we have 7 points from a possible 9 since McBride got injured.

I am. He was our player of the season so far before he got injured. We miss him in the middle of the park.

Booked4Being-Ugly
14-12-2009, 12:27 PM

And finally we need the solid Stack back in goals (I remember a game against the Dons at ER 2 years ago where Maka was a disaster for 90mins), and McBride back in the middle to break up play.I watched that game, Lee Miller had a good game by his standards and scored the only goal but tremendous? :bitchy: As we know though he likes to rile opposition defences and seems to get his fair share of the refs decisions for some reason, unlike Nish for example. Pawlett is a great wee player and i think we'll need to keep a close eye on him.

SunshineOnLeith
14-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Bamba's going to have to be careful as Miller will be hitting the deck at the slightest touch all day.

dangermouse
14-12-2009, 02:23 PM
After losing to Hamilton, Aberdeen are bound to be fired up for next week, however, their fans (at home) are a lot like us (quick to criticize team), if we can get an early goal, they'll get pissed off pretty quickly.

The secret for us away from home is to score first. If we score first they'll have to come at us and, I think, we're well set up for hitting teams on the break.

Fingers crossed, we take 3 points, but , even allowing for Aberdeen's poor form of late, it won't be easy!!

Didn't quite work for us at St Mirren though.

JimBHibees
15-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Got to be said on watching the highlights yesterday Lee Miller was very fortunate not to get a red card with a truly appalling challenge on the Hamilton goalie (maybe McGhees whining is starting to get to the refs). Think Pawlett is injured.

GreenCastle
15-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Got to be said on watching the highlights yesterday Lee Miller was very fortunate not to get a red card with a truly appalling challenge on the Hamilton goalie (maybe McGhees whining is starting to get to the refs). Think Pawlett is injured.

Lee Miller - one of the dirtiest players in the SPL :grr:

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Bamba's going to have to be careful as Miller will be hitting the deck at the slightest touch all day.

:agree: Bamba will get a minimum of a yellow card on Saturday although I do expect a red. A combination of them moaning about refs all season and Miller being a cheat will see to that.

Does anyone know if you can get a bet on Bamba to be sent off?

GreenCastle
15-12-2009, 10:20 AM
:agree: Bamba will get a minimum of a yellow card on Saturday although I do expect a red. A combination of them moaning about refs all season and Miller being a cheat will see to that.

I would assume Yogi to warn him of Miller and his antics.

Bamba I think is learning and the old "bombscare"still has the passion but is learning every game and improving while learning to control his temper better.

mjhibby
15-12-2009, 11:14 AM

It was truly awful and how the ref didnt deem that a red ill never know.Funny how mcghee never commented and that the managers who are blaming the refs for results are those that are struggling.Coincidence, i dont think so.We could justifiably claim the ref cost us two points on saturday as he missed the foul on maka but thats football.The penalty that the dons got against the saintees a few weeks back was one of the worst bits of cheating by miller and mcghee once again didnt comment.A prat of the highest order who no doubt will jump ship when the next offer comes along as he has done many times before.Could have been worse though he could have been the hertz manager. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2009, 11:17 AM
I would assume Yogi to warn him of Miller and his antics.

I hope so - Bamba has improved a lot this season but Miller is a very good cheat.

Do we know who the ref is yet?

Johnforr
15-12-2009, 11:21 AM
heelp ! Anyone know if cash gates for this game... I live in rural sheepland and no way to get from er in time if not ! Help appreciated ta much Ggtth

Lofarl
15-12-2009, 11:22 AM
I fear the sheep will just boot us off the park and not even try to play football. They did the same at ER and they will do the same at Pittodrie.

Wotherspiniesta
15-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Games like this will determine just how far we can go this season. Going by recent form we should be looking for 3 points but as we know, Pittodrie is not an easy place to go. Aberdeen have some good young players, who actually can knock the ball about a bit, as they showed in flashes V Rangers. However, if we can play like we did V Motherwell, we will win this game. Maka has had a bad time against Aberdeen and hopefully Stack will be fit for Saturday. My team would be:

.................................................. .Stack............................................

Wotherspoon.......................Hogg............ ...Bamba........................Murray

.................................Miller........... ...............McBride............................

..............Zemamma.........................Nish .........................Riordan........

.................................................. .Stokes.......................................

And I fancy Riordan to add to his tally :cool2:

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-12-2009, 11:48 AM
I am. He was our player of the season so far before he got injured. We miss him in the middle of the park.

Absolutely. As long as Yogi refers to our " front four" that means a two man midfield and we have missed his influence. Can't get a grip of why Cregg has not been a straight swap in if we are playing a formation first and players second rather then the other way around.

scoopyboy
15-12-2009, 11:51 AM

I was wondering about a red as well.

It means even if the Ivory Coast were to let him turn up late (like Drogba / Kalou) he wouldn't be risking injury against der Hun.

bigstu
15-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Press & Journal is saying the big defender Illfel is out and Diamond, Pawlett, Ross, Kerr all 'doubtful'.

Aberdeen away is always a really tough game but if we're going to beat them then this will be the best opportunity for a long time! It's a must win game :agree:

Part/Time Supporter
16-12-2009, 11:08 AM
hoping to train later this week (http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/McBride-set-to-miss-out.5915910.jp)

Which had nothing to do with that perfectly fair stamp by Chris Maguire, did it Mr McGhee?

:wink:

Aberdeen boss Mark McGhee disagreed and felt the whistler cost his side a result. (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/aberdeen/2009/11/02/spl-hibs-2-aberdeen-0-86908-21791606/) He said: "The ref sent two off in a game that wasn't that dirty. Maurice was clumsy and I did not think it was necessary to send him off while Chris did not intend doing any damage."

:grr:

Danderhall Hibs
16-12-2009, 11:10 AM
hoping to train later this week (http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/McBride-set-to-miss-out.5915910.jp)

Which had nothing to do with that perfectly fair stamp by Chris Maguire, did it Mr McGhee?

:wink:

Aberdeen boss Mark McGhee disagreed and felt the whistler cost his side a result. (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/aberdeen/2009/11/02/spl-hibs-2-aberdeen-0-86908-21791606/) He said: "The ref sent two off in a game that wasn't that dirty. Maurice was clumsy and I did not think it was necessary to send him off while Chris did not intend doing any damage."

:grr:

I get what you're saying (McGhee's a tit) but didn't McBride play the following week and get injured in that game?

Part/Time Supporter
16-12-2009, 11:17 AM
I get what you're saying (McGhee's a tit) but didn't McBride play the following week and get injured in that game?

Ankle was damaged; one wee dunt on it later, it was knackered.

:agree:

Mon Dieu4
16-12-2009, 12:54 PM
I have just seen the Weather report for Aberdeen on Saturday & as if that place is not cold enough, there is snow forecast :grr:

Littlest Hobo
16-12-2009, 01:13 PM
They will feel hard done by after the last game at Easter Road, Hibs will have to be right up for it I fancy. I think a point ip there could be a good result, although three would be fantastic. :thumbsup:

Baw187
16-12-2009, 02:18 PM
I have just seen the Weather report for Aberdeen on Saturday & as if that place is not cold enough, there is snow forecast :grr:

Fur **** sake. I'll have o dig out the long johns

ArabHibee
16-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Fur **** sake. I'll have o dig out the long johns

After my long johns got the erse burnt oot of them in a house fire, I really missed them on Saturday, boy was it baltic in Kilmarnock!

New pair bought on Monday, will deffo have them on on Saturday!

Jack
16-12-2009, 02:48 PM
This is about Bambas last game before the Africa Nations thing. He needs to pick up a booking or maybe even a sending off so that he serves his suspension while he's away and is clear when he comes back.

Part/Time Supporter
16-12-2009, 02:49 PM
This is about Bambas last game before the Africa Nations thing. He needs to pick up a booking or maybe even a sending off so that he serves his suspension while he's away and is clear when he comes back.

He's nowhere near a suspension. Two yellows in the first three games (one for, err, hugging Yogi after scoring a goal) and none since.

:confused:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=40408

Yes, if he got sent off against Aberdeen he would be suspended for the Rangers game (which he might miss anyway), but he would be far closer to getting a suspension for points accumulation when he returned.

Jack
16-12-2009, 03:16 PM
He's nowhere near a suspension. Two yellows in the first three games (one for, err, hugging Yogi after scoring a goal) and none since.

:confused:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=40408

Yes, if he got sent off against Aberdeen he would be suspended for the Rangers game (which he might miss anyway), but he would be far closer to getting a suspension for points accumulation when he returned.

Not that I'm an expert in calculating these things ....

Q. Were there not a few points gained last season that carry forward to this season?

Part/Time Supporter
16-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Not that I'm an expert in calculating these things ....

Q. Were there not a few points gained last season that carry forward to this season?

I think you have to get 18 "points" in the current season to trigger a points suspension, with a normal yellow card being 3 points. What happened last season is like previous, if the player does it again they get banned for longer than they would if they hadn't been banned the year before.

Greenway
16-12-2009, 04:01 PM

I had to chuckle at that line. As you seemed to be suggesting that there are times when we're not trying to score first, but I knew what you meant.

polesontour
16-12-2009, 05:51 PM
finally decent ref for our game!!!:greengrin

HibbyAndy
16-12-2009, 05:53 PM
finally decent ref for our game!!!:greengrin

Care to enlighten us?.

polesontour
16-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Care to enlighten us?.

Dougie

Mikey
16-12-2009, 05:56 PM
The current Met Office forecast is for 1c and winds gusting to 43mph.

Wrap up :snowman

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/gr/aberdeen_forecast_weather.html

GreenCastle
16-12-2009, 05:57 PM
I had to chuckle at that line. As you seemed to be suggesting that there are times when we're not trying to score first, but I knew what you meant.

Are there any games we have scored first and not won this season.

I thought every game we have scored 1st we have won ?

Anyone know if Hibs are going up Firday evening or early Saturday morning ?

IWasThere2016
16-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Apols for the laziness - is the game PATG?

Hibby_Paul
16-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Apols for the laziness - is the game PATG?

I 'think' it will be.

A crowd of us going and my mate phoned ticket office a few days ago, think they said only about 150 tickets so far been sold.

Based on that they'd be crazy to not open it as Pay At Gate now but think we will double check friday to confirm that is case!

BonnieFitbaTeam
16-12-2009, 06:29 PM
I 'think' it will be.

A crowd of us going and my mate phoned ticket office a few days ago, think they said only about 150 tickets so far been sold.

Based on that they'd be crazy to not open it as Pay At Gate now but think we will double check friday to confirm that is case!

:agree: It's always patg at Todders. I must have been there a dozen times in recent years and I haven't once bought a ticket in advance.

NOLA
16-12-2009, 07:25 PM
i wonder if aberdeen will open up more than 1 turnstyle for the Hibs fans:wink:

allmodcons
16-12-2009, 07:45 PM

Point taken! It's true though a lot of SPL teams are ultra cautious at home. Aberdeen have scored only 7 goals in 7 games, Hearts 5 in 7!! If we can get first goal it'll ruin their game plan. If they score first, guaranteed they'll sit it and make it really difficult for us play.

scoopyboy
16-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Are there any games we have scored first and not won this season.

I thought every game we have scored 1st we have won ?

Anyone know if Hibs are going up Firday evening or early Saturday morning ?

Dundee Utd and St. Mirren.

Wembley67
17-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Thought I'd start the panic thread for the game this weekend.

If the forecast is as promised with heavy snow pretty much althrough Saturday here and up in Aberdeen is there a chance the game may be postponed due to travelling conditions?

ArabHibee
17-12-2009, 11:35 AM
:worried:

Snowing really heavy up my way just now.
:panic:

Sylar
17-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Yep - even dumping down in Dundee just now, which is unusual for us! It's not lying on the ground mind you, but nonetheless.

I would hope Aberdeen have their covers down just now.

hibsbollah
17-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Saturday is forecast to be the worst day of the week and the wind is picking up as well...

mim
17-12-2009, 12:09 PM
The game should be moved to ER as a precaution.
Hearts don't play until Sunday and I'm sure Aberdeen wouldn't mind. :wink: