PDA

View Full Version : The penny has finally dropped - Willo Flood.

scott7_0(Prague)
14-12-2009, 06:50 AM
Don't say we never told you so :greengrin

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2770288/Flood-sweat-tears.html

The_Todd
14-12-2009, 07:20 AM
And yet they will never learn.

Ozyhibby
14-12-2009, 07:32 AM
I would take him at Hibs.:agree:

brydekirk
14-12-2009, 07:39 AM

:agree: hard working and creative :thumbsup:

scott7_0(Prague)

And drop who?

MyJo
boo hoo.........:yawn:

Steve20
14-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Probably head back to Dundee Utd.

brydekirk
14-12-2009, 07:41 AM
And drop who?

suspensions and injuries will take care of that :agree:

scott7_0(Prague)
14-12-2009, 07:46 AM
suspensions and injuries will take care of that :agree:

I do believe Yogi has accounted for that already!

Merouane Zemmama
Patrick Cregg
John Rankin
Lewis Stevenson
Kevin McBride
Danny Galbraith
David Wotherspoon
Sean Welsh
Liam Miller

Jack
14-12-2009, 08:16 AM

Merouane Zemmama
Patrick Cregg
John Rankin
Lewis Stevenson
Kevin McBride
Danny Galbraith
David Wotherspoon
Sean Welsh
Liam Miller

I’m not saying it will happen but every one of the players you mention have their contracts running out next season, 2011, and Hibs are no longer in the habit of running down contracts where there's money to be made. So I would suspect that list to be thinned down a bit before long. [We have resisted January pre-contract offers when its suited though.]

About Flood. He was saying the same thing just a couple of months ago but was intent on leaving rather than just getting a loan move somewhere.

I’d be happy to have him at Hibs, but not on loan, and I cant see Celtc doing the decent thing for the player and letting come to us on Rod Petrie’s terms. I don’t think Dundee Utd. will go for him given the way he left and other SPL clubs that may want him couldn’t afford it.

I reckon the Championship, which he’s not that suited to otherwise he’d have never have left there in the first place.

Yet another inter-SPL transfer that can be put down to the OF weakening of the opposition signing policy. Yet another fine career mucked up by the ugly sisters.

hibsbollah
14-12-2009, 08:19 AM
He said all the right things about Dundee Utd when he left I remember, seemed like he had respect for the club which I liked.

he's just too ugly to play for Hibs though, looks like a scrawny baby on growth hormones:dummytit:

Cabbage East
14-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Can someone copy and paste please, i refuse to click on that rags website.

Dashing Bob S
14-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Heard that Flood is a cert for ER in January.

Source: a fat gob***** in the local alehouse who claims to know Kenny Waugh.

So there you have it.

Danderhall Hibs
14-12-2009, 09:35 AM

Merouane Zemmama
Patrick Cregg
John Rankin
Lewis Stevenson
Kevin McBride
Danny Galbraith
David Wotherspoon
Sean Welsh
Liam Miller

Flood is a better standard than most of them though. I'd take him in a minute.

Hainan Hibs
14-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Quick, get the violins out :violin::violin::violin:

Get it rooooooooond ye Flood:agree:

Antifa Hibs
14-12-2009, 10:02 AM
The more this happens to players, the best in the long run. The less likely players such as Wetherspoon are going to move West and hopefully will follow in Garry O'Connor and Stephen Fletchers footsteps and move down South.

Regarding Flood, roond ye.

scott7_0(Prague)
14-12-2009, 10:04 AM
The more this happens to players, the best in the long run. The less likely players such as Wetherspoon are going to move West and hopefully will follow in Garry O'Connor and Stephen Fletchers footsteps and move down South.

Regarding Flood, roond ye.

I thought Moscow was East not South :confused::greengrin

Baw187
14-12-2009, 10:06 AM
It's silly to say that these players will never learn when going to Celtic as this happens all across football and is just part of the game.

No player, playing for any club, is going to pass up the opportunity to play at a higher level, simply because they think they'll struggle to get a game. Players need confidence in their ability and Flood, like Deek, had to believe that he was good enough to apply himself and force his way in to the team. If they don't then that's just one of those things.

Same goes for Liam Miller leaving Celtic to go to Man U. He obviously thought he'd make the grade. Or Anelka moving from Arsenal to Real Madrid. You wouldn't use the 'they'll never learn' tag on them.

Another example could be Hartley. Good player for Raith (I think...) came to Hibs thinking he'd do the business, but couldn't get in the team.

Peevemor
14-12-2009, 10:06 AM

Moscow is further south than Edinburgh. :nerd:

Antifa Hibs
14-12-2009, 10:08 AM

Well he's down South now.

Okay then, South via the East :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
14-12-2009, 10:10 AM
I heard that Hearts were going to put in a sneaky bid in for him, but Romanov vetoed this when he found out his surname was actually "Flood".

Moody Mulder
14-12-2009, 10:18 AM

Same here, remember that every time someone clicks on that rag's website their page hit enables this rag to charge for advertising, so please always copy and paste an article.

sahib
14-12-2009, 10:23 AM
It's silly to say that these players will never learn when going to Celtic as this happens all across football and is just part of the game.

No player, playing for any club, is going to pass up the opportunity to play at a higher level, simply because they think they'll struggle to get a game. Players need confidence in their ability and Flood, like Deek, had to believe that he was good enough to apply himself and force his way in to the team. If they don't then that's just one of those things.

Same goes for Liam Miller leaving Celtic to go to Man U. He obviously thought he'd make the grade. Or Anelka moving from Arsenal to Real Madrid. You wouldn't use the 'they'll never learn' tag on them.

Another example could be Hartley. Good player for Raith (I think...) came to Hibs thinking he'd do the business, but couldn't get in the team.

:agree:

It is the nature of the beast.

scott7_0(Prague)
14-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Moscow is further south than Edinburgh. :nerd:

Actually Moscow shares the same latitude line as Edinburgh - 55. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
14-12-2009, 11:24 AM

But Edinburgh is further north.

Peevemor
14-12-2009, 11:28 AM

:rules:

Edinburgh 55°55'N
Moscow 55°45'N

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001769.html

:greengrin

Peevemor
14-12-2009, 11:29 AM
But Edinburgh is further north.

'zackly! :nerd:

Dinkydoo
14-12-2009, 11:31 AM
It's a shame - he's a gid player.

Hopefully the way that Flood, Deeks, Naismith and many a player that have been in a similar situation have been treated at the OF will help discourage players from going there.

In reality, not going to happen :grr:

Beefster
14-12-2009, 11:32 AM

Indeed he is and so would I. I can see him ending up back in the Championship though.

At least he's showing a wee bit of hunger by wanting to get out now rather seeing out a relatively lucrative contract.

Woody1985
14-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Same here, remember that every time someone clicks on that rag's website their page hit enables this rag to charge for advertising, so please always copy and paste an article.

Why are you interested in what the article has to say?

I think it's silly not to click on their site because someone will pay them due to your interest, which evidently exists.

Phil D. Rolls
14-12-2009, 12:30 PM

Are you boycotting the Sun or not? Surely if you hate them so much - and you have good reason to - then you shouldn't read their articles in any form?:confused:

Jack
14-12-2009, 12:44 PM

While I know everyone, including me does it, as far as I am aware the copying and pasting from the likes of the Sun should be no more than 10% of the article otherwise it infringes copyright laws.

Jim44
14-12-2009, 01:22 PM

What a lazy and unscrupulous barsteward :greengrin ...........what price principles? :rolleyes:

Judas Iscariot
14-12-2009, 01:48 PM

Merouane Zemmama
Patrick Cregg
John Rankin
Lewis Stevenson
Kevin McBride
Danny Galbraith
David Wotherspoon
Sean Welsh
Liam Miller

I reckon a few of them might be out on loan come January..

I'd take flood at ER but he'll be on a hefty wage..

NB Hibby
14-12-2009, 03:45 PM

There's the extra "Irish" element however which is not the same as Man U or Real Madrid, or even Hibs
All these wee Irish boys growing up as Celtic supporters and desperate to play for "the hoops" are used by Celtic FC as cannon fodder, to be sacrificed if they don't come up to "Celtic standards" (like Caldwell ha ha). The latest to languish in the reserves is Paddy McCourt who was going to be the next(fill in name here).
Flood should have known better and I'm sure Levein would have warned him. Well, he kens noo!

Harty95
14-12-2009, 04:18 PM

WILLO FLOOD admits his dream move to Celtic has turned into a nightmare - and is begging for the chance to get OUT of Parkhead.
The out-of-favour Irish winger is desperate to quit the Hoops in a bid to revive his career.

Flood, 24, hasn't kicked a ball in anger for Tony Mowbray's side since September and has managed just one SPL appearance all season, as a sub.

He arrived at Parkhead from Cardiff City - via a loan spell with Dundee United - last January.

But Flood said: "I think it's fair to say that me moving to Celtic has not gone according to plan.

"At the time it was the chance of a lifetime and the chance to join a club like Celtic, where you could win things and play in the Champions League.

"It was not something I could turn down, but it hasn't turned out the way I wanted it.

"I'm not involved, I'm not featuring and at this stage of my career I need to be playing regularly. I have played just three games this season.

"I only started one of them, so there is no way you can stay fresh if you are not playing.

"It's not as if I'm a kid of 18 who is happy with being in the squad and getting a few minutes as a sub here and there.

"I am 24 now, this is my seventh season in football as a first-team player and I can't allow myself to be happy with ten minutes as substitute every month. I want to play every minute of every game.

"I don't know what will happen when the transfer window opens in a few weeks.

"It's up to Celtic as I have 18 months left on my contract and I am their player.

"They will decide what I do, but it's best that I go out on loan, at least, and see what happens then.

"I've spoken to Tony Mowbray about it and he's been great with me. He's one of the most honest people I've met in football, he hasn't messed me around in any way.

"It's just a fact of life that I'm not in his plans at the minute.

"He says it would be best for me to go out on loan next month, get some games in and get my sharpness back and we'll assess things again in the summer.

Advertisement

"So hopefully Celtic can come to an arrangement with a club and agree a loan deal. I'll have another year left on my contract with Celtic after that, so we'll have a chat in the summer and see if the club want me to stay on and fight for my place, or if they feel it's best for me to move on permanently."

Flood knows he has no chance of a recall for Thursday's final Europa League game against Rapid Vienna.

He added: "I don't expect to play, even though the Rapid game doesn't mean much to us as we're already out.

"The manager will play his strongest side as he wants to go out of Europe on a high, so I might not get to play again this season." Former Celtic boss Gordon Strachan snapped up Flood after he impressed for United against the Hoops in three draws in the first half of last season.

The winger made his debut at home to Rangers and played five times in the second half of the campaign.

He featured against Arsenal in the Champions League qualifier at the start of this season under new boss Mogga before falling out of the picture.

Flood added: "It's hard to take as I was used to first-team football again.

"I had been playing every week at United and I wanted to experience that all the time.

"I was playing the best football of my career at United. My fitness and sharpness were good as I was in the team every week and doing well.

there ye go mate

PISTOL1875
14-12-2009, 04:48 PM

So would I , then move Zemmama into the middle....

jgl07
14-12-2009, 04:59 PM
So would I , then move Zemmama into the middle....
In place of who?

PISTOL1875
14-12-2009, 05:08 PM
In place of who?

Benji..... As much as I like him he should be playing up top...