PDA

View Full Version : Sir Alex

Irish_Steve
13-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Good to see ole Crimson Face taken defeat in his usual gracious manner. On MOTD last night, the camera pans to the Great Whinger as it`s just been announced 3 minutes injury time. He puts his hands to his head and then the mics pick him up saying - " Where the f.**k did he get that from". Don`t these officials know that if Man Ure are losing, it has to be at least five mins injury time?? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
13-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Good to see ole Crimson Face taken defeat in his usual gracious manner. On MOTD last night, the camera pans to the Great Whinger as it`s just been announced 3 minutes injury time. He puts his hands to his head and then the mics pick him up saying - " Where the f.**k did he get that from". Don`t these officials know that if Man Ure are losing, it has to be at least five mins injury time?? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

He's pretty much the only reason I dislike Man United. Even taking into account the fact he's a fellow Scotsman underlines my sheer contempt for the man.

He probably won't lose sleep over that though.

johnbc70
13-12-2009, 08:53 PM
He is turning into a bit of a joke, great manager and won nearly everything but it is like he now thinks he can tell everyone else how to run things and surprise surprise its all to his and Man U's advantage.

I think he needs to retire at the end of the season and step forward the victorious manager last night. I think Martin O'Neil (while a tool at Celtic) must be hopeful of getting that gig. Done great things at Villa and would do more and a top class club.

Irish_Steve
13-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Martin O`Neill the footballer was one of my earliest heroes - then again, I am from NI so I would be baised!

steakbake
13-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Moonfaced bawbag.

TheMentalHibees
13-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Some of his decisions yesterday were baffling. A goal down, and chasing the game, so he brings on Berbatov. That would have been fine had we been getting crosses into the box, but we weren't, every one was either thumping the Villa full back on the arse or flying out for a goal kick or throw in on the other side. The game was crying out for someone like Obertan to come on, someone to run at their defenders and get dangerous crosses into the box. Think Fergie called it wrong on that one. And I hope that Giggs going off at half time was because he had a niggly injury of some sort, and not as a tactical switch. Either Park or Valencia deserved to go before him.

steakbake
13-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Some of his decisions yesterday were baffling. A goal down, and chasing the game, so he brings on Berbatov. That would have been fine had we been getting crosses into the box, but we weren't, every one was either thumping the Villa full back on the arse or flying out for a goal kick or throw in on the other side. The game was crying out for someone like Obertan to come on, someone to run at their defenders and get dangerous crosses into the box. Think Fergie called it wrong on that one. And I hope that Giggs going off at half time was because he had a niggly injury of some sort, and not as a tactical switch. Either Park or Valencia deserved to go before him.

I just dinnae like him.

Hibby Bairn
13-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Great man. Great manager.

What I like about Ferguson (apart from his wonderful attacking teams) is his refusal to be anything other than his natural way. What you see is what you get. He could have been standing on the touchline at East Stirling yesterday rather than Old Trafford. You would have got the same response.

One of the greatest MANagers ever.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Moonfaced bawbag.

:faf::faf:

PISTOL1875
13-12-2009, 09:37 PM

He will be moaning about not getting enough injury time.. He's obviously forgotten the Manchester derby... Hun barsteward...

joe breezy
13-12-2009, 10:00 PM
I like him on the whole.

He is still true to where he came from, does stuff for the area and goes back to Govan etc.

In a competitive sport so he should seek the best for his team.

lucky
13-12-2009, 10:04 PM

What I like about Ferguson (apart from his wonderful attacking teams) is his refusal to be anything other than his natural way. What you see is what you get. He could have been standing on the touchline at East Stirling yesterday rather than Old Trafford. You would have got the same response.

Cant believe I'm agreeing with a Tory.

HibbyAndy
13-12-2009, 10:09 PM
He's pretty much the only reason I dislike Man United. Even taking into account the fact he's a fellow Scotsman underlines my sheer contempt for the man.

He probably won't lose sleep over that though.

:agree:

Complete and utter pap :agree:

Its never Man utd's fault they get beat..its ALWAYS officials faults, bore of Fergie:bye::bye::bye:

OUTPLAYED at hame by Villa

bigstu
13-12-2009, 10:13 PM

well said!

James70
13-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Fergie is a great manager without a doubt but I think he should be taking a good look at himself with regards to the way he behaves in public.

As the most successful and long serving manager in the land he should be setting a good example whether or not he thinks his team are being hard done by. Referees have a hard enough job without him moaning at them almost every week.

Maybe he should try and follow the lead of the greatest manager his club have ever had, the late Sir Matt Busby who did know how to accept defeat graciously.

HibeeMcGinn1
13-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Champions of England. 2 Champions League finals in a Row. Aye ta

Sir David Gray
13-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Check all the Man City and Liverpool sympathisers all lining up to have a go at Fergie. They could only dream of having a man like that at the helm.

And for the Arsenal fans having a pop at Sir Alex, at least he shakes the hand of opposition managers after Man Utd lose a game, unlike Arsene Whinger.

That's a FACT by the way, Rafa! :bye:

:greengrin

steve75
13-12-2009, 11:53 PM
There is alot the man does to annoy me but he's still a lengend and a great manager!

However it is really starting to annoy me when people go on about how much injury time they get. Man Utd had the least amout of injury time at home games in the EPL last season. FACT.

jgl07
14-12-2009, 01:03 AM
There is alot the man does to annoy me but he's still a lengend and a great manager!

However it is really starting to annoy me when people go on about how much injury time they get. Man Utd had the least amout of injury time at home games in the EPL last season. FACT.
Follow the plot please.

You have shot yourself in the foot with that one.

They only get extra injury time at home when they are losing.

They will get less injury time when they are winning.

They win far more than they lose at home. Therefore less injury time.

Simples.

steakbake
14-12-2009, 07:49 AM
Check all the Man City and Liverpool sympathisers all lining up to have a go at Fergie. They could only dream of having a man like that at the helm.

And for the Arsenal fans having a pop at Sir Alex, at least he shakes the hand of opposition managers after Man Utd lose a game, unlike Arsene Whinger.

That's a FACT by the way, Rafa! :bye:

:greengrin

Are you Alan Green in disguise?

Woody1985
14-12-2009, 09:02 AM

Maybe he just wanted to make a point that Man U were given less time than they should have to shut people up who always say they get more when they are losing.

I think that he is right in that someone from the sidelines should take note, would make sense if the 4th official was able to do this.

The line between success and failure is massive now and so is the difference in prize money etc that we need to ensure the game is controlled and timed as accurately as possible.

And before anyone mentions Man City it was demonstrated on MOTD at after the game that the injury time they received was actually one second out from what it should have been.

Phil D. Rolls
14-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Fergie is a great manager without a doubt but I think he should be taking a good look at himself with regards to the way he behaves in public.

As the most successful and long serving manager in the land he should be setting a good example whether or not he thinks his team are being hard done by. Referees have a hard enough job without him moaning at them almost every week.

Maybe he should try and follow the lead of the greatest manager his club have ever had, the late Sir Matt Busby who did know how to accept defeat graciously.

He's always behaved like that, and he's been successful. I think he has a much better record than Sir Matt now. Why change?

steve75
14-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Follow the plot please.

You have shot yourself in the foot with that one.

They only get extra injury time at home when they are losing.

They will get less injury time when they are winning.

They win far more than they lose at home. Therefore less injury time.

Simples.

Yeah I was thinking that as I wrote it but thought I'd post anyway. If anything it's a good piece of pub trivia.

Bad Martini
14-12-2009, 11:03 AM
He's a whinging faced hun...simples.

There is no denying he's a good manager - that much was never in question but, he's still a whinging faced hun.

ENDOF

Green_one
14-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Ferguson is simply an all time great and will be missed when he is finally gone.

Almost all great managers are pains in the ***** . Its the nature of the job and the personalities it attracts.

Yes Fergie goes OTT but you have to admire the fact that he cares that much at his age and that he does screw every ounce of advantage for Manchester United that he can.

Oh dear, that annoys other fans and managers - yeah what he should be doing is making them happy - ala Rafa at present. :greengrin

Are his teams sucessful, does he bring on youth, do his teams play attractive football, do the players think he is a god? YES

If you had done a job like United manager for 23 years, ups and downs , new challenges like Chelsea and players behaving like children , what would you be like by now? I would be retired for sure, probably under medication. :bitchy:

Any man who drove the OF into the ground for several seasons is always OK by me.

lapsedhibee
14-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Any man who drove the OF into the ground for several seasons is always OK by me.

Good point.

Though that was a long time ago now.

Do you think he might take the Huns manager's job when he retires from football? :dunno:

IWasThere2016
14-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Fergie's a tit.

Woody1985
14-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Good point.

Though that was a long time ago now.

Do you think he might take the Huns manager's job when he retires from football? :dunno:

:tee hee: See what you did there. :greengrin