PDA

View Full Version : Nish

Nailrod
13-12-2009, 01:54 AM
Saw the game against Falkirk and he was very effective - excellent control and good flick to release Spoony for the second goal. Seems he was good again against 'Well and Killie.

But when is the big guy going to score a goal?

He has to up his goal count. He missed two easy chances and one more difficult one against Falkirk. If he was half as good at toe-ending the ball into the net from six yards as that big donkey Boyd we would be a shoo-in for the league.

BoozyLynne
13-12-2009, 08:07 AM
Seems he was good again against 'Well and Killie.

Sorry, but Nish was a total passenger yesterday.He is not the answer and I wouldn't be sorry to see him go in January if someone were to take him off our hands.

ArabHibee
13-12-2009, 09:59 AM
Sorry, but Nish was a total passenger yesterday.He is not the answer and I wouldn't be sorry to see him go in January if someone were to take him off our hands.

:bitchy: Totally disagree. IMO he played reasonaby well, only fell over 3 times and 2 of these were fouls (one should have been a penalty) and had the foresight to take a quick free kick allowing Stokes to score. He has played a lot better in the last 2-3 matches than he has in a long while.

Dashing Bob S
13-12-2009, 10:04 AM
:bitchy: Totally disagree. IMO he played reasonaby well, only fell over 3 times and 2 of these were fouls (one should have been a penalty) and had the foresight to take a quick free kick allowing Stokes to score. He has played a lot better in the last 2-3 matches than he has in a long while.

Good presence today, but his distribution was poor. Unlike the other front men, he at least tried to play a team game.

hibbie02
13-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Sorry I am a bit confused. Is this the 'fishul "Nishybaws is keech" thread or the "Nishybaws is much improved" thread???

FWIW I still think he can do a job for us. I just think that the forward players need to play for the team and not their personal goals tally. Nish appears to be the only one that is doing that. Either that or he's Pish! :greengrin

whereswallace?
13-12-2009, 10:18 AM

You must have been at a different game to me then,played in a bit of an unusual role in behind stokes.He was all over the park,worked his socks off and was one of our better players yesterday.He may not have scored but i thought he was very effectual yesterday,like he has been the two games before aswell.

Winston Ingram
13-12-2009, 10:20 AM
You must have been at a different game to me then,played in a bit of an unusual role in behind stokes.He was all over the park,worked his socks off and was one of our better players yesterday.He may not have scored but i thought he was very effectual yesterday,like he has been the two games before aswell.

Sounds a bit like last weeks performance:agree:

ArabHibee
13-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Sorry I am a bit confused. Is this the 'fishul "Nishybaws is keech" thread or the "Nishybaws is much improved" thread???

FWIW I still think he can do a job for us. I just think that the forward players need to play for the team and not their personal goals tally. Nish appears to be the only one that is doing that. Either that or he's Pish! :greengrin

I would like to call it the "Nishybaws is improving" thread.
'Much' is probably pushing it a bit. :greengrin

BEEJ
13-12-2009, 10:55 AM
I must have been at the same match as BoozyLynne yesterday. :greengrin

I thought Nish was very poor in the first half and only improved slightly in the second. If yesterday was an example of the best we can expect from Nish then we have a problem in that department.

whereswallace?
13-12-2009, 11:01 AM
I must have been at the same match as BoozyLynne yesterday. :greengrin

I thought Nish was very poor in the first half and only improved slightly in the second. If yesterday was an example of the best we can expect from Nish then we have a problem in that department.

Opinions eh,i think when some people have made their mind up about players they always look at them through the pish tinted glasses! 3 games ago i wouldnt have Nish anywhere near the team,now for me he's earning his place in the team.

BEEJ
13-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Opinions eh,i think when some people have made their mind up about players they always look at them through the pish tinted glasses!
Naturally, you're not suggesting that about me though as you have no basis for knowing what my views are on different members of the Hibs squad. :coolhib:

Cabbage1875
13-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Opinions eh,i think when some people have made their mind up about players they always look at them through the pish tinted glasses! 3 games ago i wouldnt have Nish anywhere near the team,now for me he's earning his place in the team.
Spot on.

But you're fighting a losing battle on here sadly. Once folk make their minds up there's no changing them.

GlesgaeHibby
13-12-2009, 11:44 AM

:agree:

Didn't see the game yesterday, but if Nish played as well as he did against Falkirk and Motherwell then hats off to the guy. Didn't think he had it in him, but he was outstanding against Motherwell.

I don't mind the fact that he isn't scoring goals, Nish is a completely unselfish player and always tries to set others up if they are in a better position.

BEEJ
13-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Spot on.

But you're fighting a losing battle on here sadly. Once folk make their minds up there's no changing them.
For the avoidance of doubt......

I understand (I wasn't there) Nishy was brilliant aganst Motherwell for which I applaud him. :thumbsup: Great news!

Yesterday, many of our attacks in the first half broke down at Colin. he was the weakest part of our frontline for that first 45. So therefore he was not playing to his own potential.

Some supporters do actually assess these things on a match by match basis. :rolleyes:

basehibby
13-12-2009, 02:20 PM

Sorry but that is just a barrel load of verbal sheight :bitchy:

Nish yesterday was all over the park for Hibs - was back at every set piece defending effectively for the team - was linking up play on the break - was denied a stone wall penalty by the idiot ref - played an intelligent quick free kick to set up Stokes for his goal.

He didn't play quite as well as he did last week and possibly should have done better with a chance he had in front of goal, but to say he was a passenger shows all the insightful analysis of a Daily Record sports columnist - ie. total garbage :bye:

PS - He DID had a poor opening half hour I'll give you that, but passenger??? Nonsense!!!

whereswallace?
13-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Naturally, you're not suggesting that about me though as you have no basis for knowing what my views are on different members of the Hibs squad. :coolhib:

I wasn't suggesting you personally,just stating that no matter what Nish does theres no pleasing some people.Walking out after the Falkirk game and yesterday i heard people muttering about how pish Nish had been and how hes not good enough for Hibs,i dont know what more people want from the guy in the last 3 games.Im not trying to change anyones mind about him,before the Falkirk game i was of the opinion that he was useless but right now he is proving a very useful player for us and deserves to be in the team.Whilst he plays the way he has done recently though he will get credit from me at least.

BEEJ
13-12-2009, 04:48 PM
I wasn't suggesting you personally,just stating that no matter what Nish does theres no pleasing some people.Walking out after the Falkirk game and yesterday i heard people muttering about how pish Nish had been and how hes not good enough for Hibs,i dont know what more people want from the guy in the last 3 games.Im not trying to change anyones mind about him,before the Falkirk game i was of the opinion that he was useless but right now he is proving a very useful player for us and deserves to be in the team.Whilst he plays the way he has done recently though he will get credit from me at least.
Hughes was certainly giving him praise in his after-match comments.

RIP
13-12-2009, 04:59 PM

Just as well John Hughes is managing Hibs then and not you then

At least Yogi knows what he is talking about when evaluating performances on the park.

HIBS boss John Hughes reckons Colin Nish has been the Easter Road side's star man for weeks - but admits the hitman needs to get a goal.

The ex-Killie star was in fine form at his old stomping ground - setting up Anthony Stokes for the equaliser - and while he never troubled the scoresheet his boss was still a happy man.

Hughes said: "Big Nishy has been our best player for a month and did well to set up the goal. He just needs one to keep him going.

"But he set up Stokes who only had one chance and it was in the back of the net."

Hibby Bairn
13-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Any coincidence in Nish's new role and Stokes starting to find the net?

I thought had another good game yesterday. It wasn't quite working for him all the time but never gave up and came onto a decent performance.

I think Stokes is benefiting from Nish's work.

BoozyLynne
13-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Sorry, didn't realise I wasn't allowed an opinion.

ArabHibee
13-12-2009, 07:12 PM

You're not, especially coz you're a wummin! :wink:

Cabbage1875
13-12-2009, 07:22 PM
You're allowed an opinion as long as it isnt nonsense like criticising Nish after his work over the past month ;)

Yogi has that spot on.

And I also agree that Stokes is benefitting from Nish's deeper role. The work he puts in is unreal.

brydekirk
13-12-2009, 07:28 PM
nish is better playing where he is now, cause , as he proved yesterday, he couldnt hit a barn door from 12 yrds :agree:

el capitano
13-12-2009, 07:42 PM
arguably the worst players were zemmama and wetherspoon. they lost us countless possesion down the right. opinions eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erin go bragh
13-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Sorry but that is just a barrel load of verbal sheight :bitchy:

Nish yesterday was all over the park for Hibs - was back at every set piece defending effectively for the team - was linking up play on the break - was denied a stone wall penalty by the idiot ref - played an intelligent quick free kick to set up Stokes for his goal.

He didn't play quite as well as he did last week and possibly should have done better with a chance he had in front of goal, but to say he was a passenger shows all the insightful analysis of a Daily Record sports columnist - ie. total garbage :bye:

PS - He DID had a poor opening half hour I'll give you that, but passenger??? Nonsense!!!
:top markstotaly agree mate ,was at the game and nish is much improved playing in behind stokes.:thumbsup:lets all get behind the team ffs[and stop all these negative threads] were unbeaten in 11 games and 15 points above our rivals:grr:opinions eh , like ********s everyone has one.:greengrin

basehibby
14-12-2009, 01:17 PM

You're totally entitled to your opinion Lynne - just as anyone else is entitled to express their disagreement :wink:

down the slope
14-12-2009, 01:23 PM
If everybody ran their guts out like he did against Motherwell then we would do well this year, i never thought that i would say that about him but he seems like a changed player recently, a few others would do well to emulate him.

Franck is God
15-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I've always liked Nish and saw him as a real team player, links the play well and I'm sure is great to play alongside. I think Boyd, Naismith & Fletcher would all agree with that and looks like Stokes is beginning to enjoy it too.

There is a lot of competition for places at the moment but it looks like he's one of the first names on the team sheet, his goals ratio over the years has always been decent so I doubt it will be long before he finds the net again.