PDA

View Full Version : Heavyweight boxing.

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2009, 10:02 PM
This weight has become so boring now. These 2 that are fighting now, klitcov sp and the other bum are just very very average boxers, who are not a patch on boxers from the past. The heavyweigth division is so poor, its hardly worth watching.

Houchy
12-12-2009, 10:08 PM
This weight has become so boring now. These 2 that are fighting now, klitcov sp and the other bum are just very very average boxers, who are not a patch on boxers from the past. The heavyweigth division is so poor, its hardly worth watching.

:agree:Very poor fight. Don't think there was too much tonight for Haye to be scared of. That guy Johnson was a total puff!!! Don't get me wrong, I've stood shoulder to shoulder with Klitschko last year at the Dunhill Golf and wouldn't like a smack in the gob from him but yes, 2 very ordinary looking boxers tonight.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2009, 10:29 PM
:agree:Very poor fight. Don't think there was too much tonight for Haye to be scared of. That guy Johnson was a total puff!!! Don't get me wrong, I've stood shoulder to shoulder with Klitschko last year at the Dunhill Golf and wouldn't like a smack in the gob from him but yes, 2 very ordinary looking boxers tonight.:agree:

Oh i wouldnt argue with any of them, :wink: but as you say, its very poor. I agree Haye must stand a very good chance of winning against Klitschko, and he's just a light heavie at best, and just goes to show how poor the division is, if he could win it.:yawn:

Marabou Stork
12-12-2009, 10:48 PM
That was an embarrassment to boxing.

Johnson was given a chance to fight for the World Heavyweight title, and all he could muster was to lie on the ropes for twelve rounds. Likewise, all Klitschko appeared to be interested in was tapping out his jab into Johnson's face with no real conviction behind it.

Before this fight, I thought Haye was just talking up his chances so that he'd get a big payday for fighting Klitschko. Now, I reckon Haye would knock him out quite comfortably.

Hank Schrader
12-12-2009, 11:02 PM
That was an embarrassment to boxing.

Johnson was given a chance to fight for the World Heavyweight title, and all he could muster was to lie on the ropes for twelve rounds. Likewise, all Klitschko appeared to be interested in was tapping out his jab into Johnson's face with no real conviction behind it.

Before this fight, I thought Haye was just talking up his chances so that he'd get a big payday for fighting Klitschko. Now, I reckon Haye would knock him out quite comfortably.

Completely agree. Haye is far better technically that either of the Klitschko brothers and his sledgehammer right hand is far more dangerous than anything they have to offer. Vitali is big, clumsy and awkward and that could make for a difficult fight for Haye but so was Valuev and he dealt with him. Klitschko would be far easier to hit however.

David Haye is the best thing to happen to the heavyweight scene in years and hopefully he will clean the division up. I don't see any heavyweight out there that can cause him major problems, especially if Kevin Johnson is the best the WBC can come up with. :rolleyes:

Steve-O
13-12-2009, 02:07 AM
Watch out for David Tua next year. He is having 3 fights (Feb, March, and May I think) in quick succession to basically get out of his 3 fight TV contract with Maori TV (not worth much cash)...if he wins them, as he is expected to, he will be a genuine contender by that stage IMO.

Never been stopped in his career, and 2nd best KO record in heavyweight boxing behind Tyson.

Tua v Haye would be very interesting.

Toaods
13-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Vakuev is no Klitchko(Vitali).

The American was full of confidence but like so many that have gone before him, talking is easy. Different when you are in the ring.

As Jim Watt said, Kitchko fought an aggressive fight by cutting down the ring space available for Johnson to run to, as Haye did against Valuev.

I think Haye will go for Valuev but that may well be his downfall, I'm not convinced he will be able to withstand a Dr Ironfist sandwich.

Woody1985
14-12-2009, 01:53 PM

The American was full of confidence but like so many that have gone before him, talking is easy. Different when you are in the ring.

As Jim Watt said, Kitchko fought an aggressive fight by cutting down the ring space available for Johnson to run to, as Haye did against Valuev.

I think Haye will go for Valuev but that may well be his downfall, I'm not convinced he will be able to withstand a Dr Ironfist sandwich.

Haye was on the back foot most of the time. Didn't notice him limiting Valuev's movement too much but I suppose I was pished. :greengrin

Toaods
14-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Haye was on the back foot most of the time. Didn't notice him limiting Valuev's movement too much but I suppose I was pished. :greengrin

no I keyed that arse for elbow.:cool2:

Pretty Boy
14-12-2009, 06:43 PM

:agree: It amazes me how people can say Klitschko is average. I think people mistake exciting for good sometimes. Sure Klitschko works behind the jab and only really looks to land the big straight right or right cross but he's brilliantly effective and his record says it all.

Haye would find a fight against him so much tougher than Valuev, his ringcraft is superb, he cuts down space and backs fighters into corners and against the ropes and leaves very little of himself open to hit. His KO record is also superb so he has one punch KO power and his chin is like granite, i'd be shocked if Haye knocked him out. His brothers chin on the otherhand....

Toaods
14-12-2009, 07:49 PM
His brothers chin on the otherhand....

noticed he quickly backed down at the end of the fight when it looked like it might get a bit nasty.

makes me wonder if Vitali taking Johnson shades off him at the eye-to-eye stand off had a bigger effect than it appeared to..:cool2:

Woody1985
14-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Was it just me or did Vitali look a bit like a WWF wrestler doing the whole SRL thing!!!

What gets me is that it people know they're going to hit them with the left. It's not as if they're been caught out by the element of suprise, just ****ing skelp them!

New Corrie
20-12-2009, 12:45 PM
The Heavyweight division has always thrown up some good tales though. From fighting Tyson to 150 years in prison...And you thought Gazza was on the slide....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_Etienne