PDA

View Full Version : East Lothian Hibs - a big thank you

scoopyboy
12-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Today I missed my second game of the season due to a rather large landmark birthday.

Since Pittodrie became a virtual no go due to finance our best trip is to Killie and in particular the Fenwick. When I checked the fixtures it was the one game I didn't want to get played today.

A wee while ago I received a phone call asking me to go to my front door, I duly did so.

You can imagine my surprise when all 48 of the passengers (including one of our promosing young players)had got off the bus and formed a choir outside my house in Musselburgh.

A rendition of happy birthday followed by a Hibs song made it a really memorable birthday.

I thank each and every one of you.

Hiber-nation
12-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Today I missed my second game of the season due to a rather large landmark birthday.

Since Pittodrie became a virtual no go due to finance our best trip is to Killie and in particular the Fenwick. When I checked the fixtures it was the one game I didn't want to get played today.

A wee while ago I received a phone call asking me to go to my front door, I duly did so.

You can imagine my surprise when all 48 of the passengers (including one of our promosing young players)had got off the bus and formed a choir outside my house in Musselburgh.

A rendition of happy birthday followed by a Hibs song made it a really memorable birthday.

:thumbsup:

Happy birthday

:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2009, 09:03 PM
What a great story. :top marks

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Quality!

Happy Birthday :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 09:05 PM

Nice touch...... Happy Birthday.............

jabis
12-12-2009, 09:06 PM

21 today.....nice one,you alway's sound so mature :thumbsup:

hope you had a good one !

scoopyboy
12-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Maybe should have added a lot of my neighbours are Hearts fans and there is no way the whole of Pinkie didn't hear it.

What a great day to be alive.

Petrie's Tache
12-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Maybe should have added a lot of my neighbours are Hearts fans and there is no way the whole of Pinkie didn't hear it.

Enjoy it Scoops, fur you've not long left noo though!:greengrin

scoopyboy
12-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Enjoy it Scoops, fur you've not long left noo though!:greengrin

No gaun anywhere till we've won that confounded Scottish Cup thing.

Brooster has even promised that if I puff oot a few days before a final they're simply going to prop me up on the bus and at the game.

greenlex
12-12-2009, 09:25 PM

Happy Birthday Scoopy. :thumbsup:

CalgaryHibs
12-12-2009, 09:28 PM

================
Happy Birthday from Canada

Nice wee story .....

ronaldo7
12-12-2009, 09:53 PM

Did the bus get oot o Pinkie wi awe its windaes intact:greengrin

CalgaryHibs
12-12-2009, 09:57 PM

====
The WHAT??!!!

scoopyboy
12-12-2009, 10:01 PM

Wi the squad that wiz ootside the hoose only a suicide jockey would have tried anything.

hibbie02
12-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Great story Scoopy! Happy Birthday!

I've got that one to "look forward to" next year, but I cannae see me getting the same treatment! :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
12-12-2009, 10:09 PM
All the best Scoop :thumbsup::thumbsup:

jabis
12-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Great story Scoopy! Happy Birthday!

I've got that one to "look forward to" next year, but I cannae see me getting the same treatment! :greengrin

TAXI for Hiibbie02 :greengrin

ronaldo7
13-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Wi the squad that wiz ootside the hoose only a suicide jockey would have tried anything.

:faf: Hope you had a great day

.Sean.
13-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Was a great day as always Jock, you were missed!

fatbloke
13-12-2009, 08:08 PM
just a wee question.

Are you the oldest person on the bus or just the one wi the greyest hair - no that there is much o it left.:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

scoopyboy
13-12-2009, 08:17 PM
just a wee question.

Are you the oldest person on the bus or just the one wi the greyest hair - no that there is much o it left.:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Neither the oldest or the one wi the greyest hair.

Never much hair left when you shave your head.

Nowhere near the fattest either.

fatbloke
13-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Neither the oldest or the one wi the greyest hair.

Never much hair left when you shave your head.

Nowhere near the fattest either.

Aye well some o us are jist born good lookin

fatbloke
13-12-2009, 08:40 PM
A see linlithgow hibbie is viewing this thread as well. He's got lots o grey hairs as well.

jazthehibby
13-12-2009, 09:48 PM

Happy Birthday Jock, Nicole was a little upset as she thought we were all going to get in your house for a party.

erin go bragh
13-12-2009, 10:14 PM
nice story and hibby birthday.ps it wiz fffreezing at the game a kid you not.
all the best:wink:

HibeeMcGinn1
14-12-2009, 12:02 AM
Happy birthday scoop. That young hibs lad that we were with in absolute scream, give it a year he'll be in the 1st the I reckon.

Lmc2105
14-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Happy Birthday mate From all of us at Edinburgh & Livingston District H.S.C
Hope you had a good 1:thumbsup:

Monktonhall 7
14-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Wanted to go to Killie but didn't fancy driving. If I had know the bus was coming through Musselburgh, I could have made it!

PS. Happy Birthday Jock.