PDA

View Full Version : 11 games unbeaten

Keith_M
12-12-2009, 07:11 PM
While I'm dissapointed that we didn't win today can I just point out that Hibs are now

Unbeaten in 11 games

:thumbsup:

Just had to point this out, to counter-balance some of the negative threads :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 07:16 PM
While I'm dissapointed that we didn't win today can I just point out that Hibs are now

Unbeaten in 11 games

:thumbsup:

Just had to point this out, to counter-balance some of the negative threads :wink:

Agreed, more positive vibes needed:top marks:agree:

Hibby Bairn
12-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Where are all the negative threads? Most folk are saying we played well today and were unlucky not to win.

I think we can certainly make it 12 games next week and hopefully pick up all 3 points.

PatHead
12-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Where are all the negative threads? Most folk are saying we played well today and were unlucky not to win.

I think we can certainly make it 12 games next week and hopefully pick up all 3 points.

.........and after winning that can celebrate Christmas with another clean sheet and home victory over Der Hun. By the way has anyone else noted we have only lost 1 goal at home in the league since August?

rightwinger
12-12-2009, 07:36 PM
The old adage is that you win your home games and draw your away games. That averages out at 2 points a game.

Since we last lost in the league against Hamilton, we've won every home SPL game bar the draw v Dundee Utd, and drawn every away game bar the win at Motherwell.

We'd have liked a win today sure but away from home is tough. Rangers drew there, for example.

The next four fixtures will be tough but do you think our opponents are looking forward to them? Two wins and two draws would be a realistic target.

Under our previous managers, we tended to go on runs of several wins and then no wins for 2 months. That's not how you finish high up the table. We've not strung three wins together under Hughes but not gone three games without a win either.

I thought we'd lose after going a goal down today but we got back into the game and nearly pulled it off. The dons will be up for us next week. Like Hearts, they're dangerous when they have a chip on their shoulder. I fancy another draw to keep the run going.

Gatecrasher
12-12-2009, 07:37 PM
When was the last time we done this

King Paddy
12-12-2009, 07:40 PM
What's our longest unbeaten run in the SPL, anyone know?. It's a fine achievement from the team.

jgl07
12-12-2009, 07:40 PM
when was the last time we done this
1994-95?

Gatecrasher
12-12-2009, 07:41 PM
1994-95?

Superb effort by the hibees:top marks

Thecat23
12-12-2009, 07:54 PM
11 games without defeat is superb in this league, any team on their day can beat each other so to go 11 games is fantastic.

Yogi, keep the boys going because there really is not any team in this league who we should fear! From back to front Hibs can rip a team to bits when we get going and long may this continue. :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
12-12-2009, 07:58 PM
What's our longest unbeaten run in the SPL, anyone know?. It's a fine achievement from the team.

THIS is our longest ever unbeaten run in the SPL as the last time we went 11 matches unbeaten was before the formation of the SPL.

1994-95?

:agree:

We were undefeated between October and December (11 games) in season 94/95. However this current run has been better as we have won 6/11, whereas in 94/95 we won just 3/11.

PatHead
12-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Where did we finish in the league that season?

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Its a great run, and only shows how far we have come since last seasons shambles.:top marks

Sir David Gray
12-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Where did we finish in the league that season?

3rd.

Behind Rangers and Motherwell.

PatHead
12-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Settle for that this season but would like to go at least one better next season with a couple of cups!

Hibercelona
13-12-2009, 02:02 PM
If we're able to be consistant enough to go 11 games unbeaten in the league.

Who's to say we won't be consistant enough to get the Scottish Cup under our belt? :cool2:

TheMentalHibees
13-12-2009, 02:04 PM
What was the start to the season in 07/08 under Collins like? How many games unbeaten did we go then?

Hibercelona
13-12-2009, 02:05 PM
What was the start to the season in 07/08 under Collins like? How many games unbeaten did we go then?

patlowe
13-12-2009, 02:06 PM
If we're able to be consistant enough to go 11 games unbeaten in the league.

Who's to say we won't be consistant enough to get the Scottish Cup under our belt? :cool2:

I'm not saying we'll win it but the Scottish Cup is certainly up for grabs this year with the old firm looking so vulnerable.

TheMentalHibees
13-12-2009, 02:07 PM

What was the games won/drawn ratio like?

Hibercelona
13-12-2009, 02:10 PM
What was the games won/drawn ratio like?

Google? :wink:

YehButNoBut
13-12-2009, 02:22 PM
It was actually 9 games unbeaten it was only 10 if you count the last game of the previous season which I think does not count.

Hearts A 1-0
Gretna H 4-2
Dundee Utd A 0-0
Aberdeen H 3-3 (Maka)
ITC H 1-0
Falkirk A 1-1
Celtic H 3-2
Killie H 4-1
Gers A 1-0

Then we lost to Motherwell away 2-1 also lost in the league cup to Motherwell at home 4-2 just after beating Celtic.

down-the-slope
13-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Killie (along with ICT) have been a nightmare for us in recent seasons, so a draw there is a decent result. Under TM we were great at home but endured regular spankings on the road. The fixture list has been kind to us this year for once with ICT on boxing day type games and instead having 2 home games and a short trip to Perth...Its in our hands. If we at least avoid defeat in Aberdeen (pref a win) then we have the chance to pull back the gap while keeping those below us trailing.

Just a shame Well could not get the draw yesterday.

Phil MaGlass
13-12-2009, 05:44 PM
If only we could win a weee bit more than drawing?

Barney McGrew
13-12-2009, 06:04 PM
THIS is our longest ever unbeaten run in the SPL as the last time we went 11 matches unbeaten was before the formation of the SPL

We went 20 games unbeaten in the season of the great adventure between getting put out the League Cup by St Johnstone and getting put out the Scottish by Stirling Albion in a replay at Forthbank.

erin go bragh
13-12-2009, 07:04 PM
3rd.

Behind Rangers and Motherwell.
a point behind motherwell with a better goal difference than them.
and we never qualified for europe[raith won the league cup] how many of us were cheering when they beat celtic on pens.[unaware it would cost us a place in europe:grr: typical, our highest place finnish ror umpteen years[ we finnished above celtic]and we dont qualify for europe:grr:

sahib
13-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Killie (along with ICT) have been a nightmare for us in recent seasons, so a draw there is a decent result. Under TM we were great at home but endured regular spankings on the road. The fixture list has been kind to us this year for once with ICT on boxing day type games and instead having 2 home games and a short trip to Perth...Its in our hands. If we at least avoid defeat in Aberdeen (pref a win) then we have the chance to pull back the gap while keeping those below us trailing.

Did we not have our best run of away wins, since the fifties, under Mowbray?

hibsbollah
13-12-2009, 07:14 PM

Perhaps, but that puts us 9 points clear of 5th place Motherwell now, which is a nice cushion to have. I still think at least one half of the old firm is catchable, probably Rangers.

down-the-slope
13-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Perhaps, but that puts us 9 points clear of 5th place Motherwell now, which is a nice cushion to have. I still think at least one half of the old firm is catchable, probably Rangers.

:agree: they will drop points in games they would have walked in other seasons - several teams can take points of them Well / DUFC / Us / Aberdeen..in fact almost any side :greengrin