PDA

View Full Version : just Back

Hibby Bairn
12-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Bloody freezing at rugby park.

Thought hibs played quite well. Bamba was immense again and I wouldn't say anybody had a mare....bar Mr Maka who was back to his clownish worse. Although he did have a fantastic save first half.

Thought Nish had another good game and we were unlucky not to win. Great finish by Stokes.

Killie's goal was at opposite end but from where I was it looked a foul. Was surprised when none was given.

Overall take the point. Played pretty well. Unbeaten run keeps going.

Bamba's 70 yard run and shot just after Killie's goal looked in all the way. Great performance from the big guy against the very physical Kyle.

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 07:42 PM

Thought hibs played quite well. Bamba was immense again and I wouldn't say anybody had a mare....bar Mr Maka who was back to his clownish worse. Although he did have a fantastic save first half.

Thought Nish had another good game and we were unlucky not to win. Great finish by Stokes.

Killie's goal was at opposite end but from where I was it looked a foul. Was surprised when none was given.

Bamba's 70 yard run and shot just after Killie's goal looked in all the way. Great performance from the big guy against the very physical Kyle.

How was Maka clownish???? I don't get this at all????

brydekirk
12-12-2009, 07:46 PM

so, if it was a foul against maka. how was he a clown ? :confused:

whereswallace?
12-12-2009, 07:50 PM
I didnt get a good view of their goal,so will have to see the replay before i decided if he was fouled or badly at fault.apart from one fumble with a high ball in the first half (with a very strong sun in his eyes,making it very difficult) i thought he done ok,never actually had much to do,two good save in the first half.

Hibby Bairn
12-12-2009, 07:53 PM
He just had 'that' appearance and look about himself today again that wasn't there last week. Kicking wasn't great. Take his late reaction to the ball that Hogg left for him to come for second half. Maybe it's just his lumbering style that gives a false impression.

Anyway...no big deal. Not going to get involved in another big long thread about Makalamby. Foul or no foul he just seems to attract these circumstances.

Dashing Bob S
12-12-2009, 08:19 PM
We worked hard and could have won the game, but only Bamba and Miller and possibly Hogg, played as well as they did against Motherwell.

Murray had the worst game I've seen him play in a Hibs jersey for a long time.

My marks:

Maka - couldn't see if he was fouled or dropped it for where I was, but if fouled = bad refereeing if dropped = bad mistake. I'll reserve judgement till I see it but he didn't look as confident as he did against 'Well. Saying that, his double save in the first half kept us in the game. 5 or 7

Spoony - getting better at the full-back role, though had some anxious moments in his tussle with the little dark chap whose name escapes one. 6

Murray - not at his best. 4

Hogg - Decent enough, came forward and almost scored. 6

Bamba - best player on the park by a mile, came forward with grear driving run and almost scored. 8

Rankin - runs about but is a bottom half SPL player at best. 4

Nish - playing an interesting role, gets in good positions but final ball often poor. 5

Zemmama - a great player but does he have anything against Riordan, Stokes and Nish? More passes rather than trying to beat everyone on the pitch, please.

Miller - just shaded out by Bamba as MOM. 8

Stokes - feeding of scraps, why not knock it into the channels to him instead of passing to him when there are two players standing on him? That said, scored a great strikers goal and could have had another. 6

Deeks - put in a fair shift but it wasn't happening for him today. Again, through his sheer class, he almost nicked it for us at the death. 6

Subs - let's not get into all this 'subs' business.

Crowd - we tried a little harder today. 5

Killie pies - very decent. 8

HFC 0-7
12-12-2009, 08:24 PM
We worked hard and could have won the game, but only Bamba and Miller and possibly Hogg, played as well as they did against Motherwell.

Murray had the worst game I've seen in play in a Hibs jersey for a long time.

My marks:

Maka - couldn't see if he was fouled or dropped it for where I was, but if fouled = bad refereeing if dropped = bad mistake. I'll reserve judgement till I see it but he didn't look as confident as he did against 'Well. Saying that, his double save in the first half kept us in the game. 5 or 7

Spoony - getting better at the full-back role, though had some anxious moments in his tussle with the little dark chap whose name escapes one. 6

Bamba - best player on the park by a mile, came forward with grear driving run and almost scored. 8

Nish - playing an interesting role, gets in good positions but final ball often poor. 5

Zemmama - a great player but does he have anything against Riordan, Stokes and Nish? More passes rather than trying to beat everyone on the pitch, please.

Stokes - feeding of scraps, why not knock it into the channels to him instead of passing to him when there are two players standing on him? That said, scored a great strikers goal and could have had another. 6

Deeks - put in a fair shift but it wasn't happening for him today. Again, through his sheer class, he almost nicked it for us at the death. 6

Was Miller more than a mile away at all times?:wink:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-12-2009, 08:57 PM

Murray had the worst game I've seen him play in a Hibs jersey for a long time.

My marks:

The Big Felly was very unlucky with his run and shot (and should've digged that horse Kyle's pus harder wi his elbow.....)

Zouma. Wisnae happening for him today, and could've released the ball more.........

Homecoming Pie :top marks (available at Aldi and selected SPAR outlets....)

WindyMiller
12-12-2009, 09:11 PM

Murray had the worst game I've seen him play in a Hibs jersey for a long time. Agree

My marks:

Maka - couldn't see if he was fouled or dropped it for where I was, but if fouled = bad refereeing if dropped = bad mistake. I'll reserve judgement till I see it but he didn't look as confident as he did against 'Well. Saying that, his double save in the first half kept us in the game. 5 or 7 Agree

Hogg - Decent enough, came forward and almost scored. 6 Played well

Bamba - best player on the park by a mile, came forward with grear driving run and almost scored. 8 Got too involved with Kyle in the 1st half

Rankin - runs about but is a bottom half SPL player at best. 4 Agree

Nish - playing an interesting role, gets in good positions but final ball often poor. 5 Great fore-thought for the quick free-kick though.
Zemmama - a great player but does he have anything against Riordan, Stokes and Nish? More passes rather than trying to beat everyone on the pitch, please. He should've been replaced at half-time, but came into a game in the last 15 mins.

Miller - just shaded out by Bamba as MOM. 8 Thought he lacked ungency and could've pushed us on.

Stokes - feeding of scraps, why not knock it into the channels to him instead of passing to him when there are two players standing on him? That said, scored a great strikers goal and could have had another. 6 His first touch is woefull and needs to lift his head up.

Deeks - put in a fair shift but it wasn't happening for him today. Again, through his sheer class, he almost nicked it for us at the death. 6 Thought he was very lazy to-day and wanted to slow the game down

Subs - let's not get into all this 'subs' business. Thought we should've made subs much earlier than we did.

Killie pies - very decent. 8 Agree

Alex Trager
12-12-2009, 09:17 PM
thats me just back at nine oclock freezing today -- ref was a massive flump

ArabHibee
12-12-2009, 09:25 PM
I didnt get a good view of their goal,so will have to see the replay before i decided if he was fouled or badly at fault.apart from one fumble with a high ball in the first half (with a very strong sun in his eyes,making it very difficult) i thought he done ok,never actually had much to do,two good save in the first half.

ehm, the sun went behind the stand before the game kicked off so not sure how you work that one out? :confused:

thats me just back at nine oclock freezing today -- ref was a massive flump

:agree: and :agree: It was brass monkeys today, I need to get some thermals. And the ref was deffo a flump.

whereswallace?
12-12-2009, 09:42 PM
ehm, the sun went behind the stand before the game kicked off so not sure how you work that one out? :confused:

:agree: and :agree: It was brass monkeys today, I need to get some thermals. And the ref was deffo a flump.

Well i dont know what that big bright thing in the sky i was shielding from could have been then.

The sun went down behind stand then moved to the right as we were sitting and was shining between stands.So thats how i worked that out...what a genius eh.

ArabHibee
12-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Well i dont know what that big bright thing in the sky i was shielding from could have been then.

The sun went down behind stand then moved to the right as we were sitting and was shining between stands.So thats how i worked that out...what a genius eh.

Were you sitting down at the front to the left of the goal?

whereswallace?
12-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Were you sitting down at the front to the left of the goal?

I was sitting towards the main stand end,and wasn't down the front.

WindyMiller
12-12-2009, 09:58 PM
I was sitting towards the main stand end,and wasn't down the front.

I was 2/3rds. of the way up the stand and the sun was in my eyes for the first 20 mins. then again towards the end of the first half.

But you're obviously a Yam.:wink:

Toaods
12-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Anyway...no big deal. Not going to get involved in another big long thread about Makalamby. Foul or no foul he just seems to attract these circumstances.

bit odd then going to town on him in light of the other huge thread about him today.

Hope you're not 'just a Fat Tory Hibby'.... :wink:

whereswallace?
12-12-2009, 10:03 PM
I was 2/3rds. of the way up the stand and the sun was in my eyes for the first 20 mins. then again towards the end of the first half.

But you're obviously a Yam.:wink:

How do you work that out :greengrin

Hibby Bairn
12-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Who's going to town on him? I gave a view based on what I saw amongst other comments regarding the match and other players. That's all.

And I was sitting right behind the goal and there wasn't an ounce of sunlight anywhere near us.

BTW (ignoring personal insults) thought the half time shooting display from Byrne was very impressive.

ArabHibee
12-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Who's going to town on him? I gave a view based on what I saw amongst other comments regarding the match and other players. That's all.

And I was sitting right behind the goal and there wasn't an ounce of sunlight anywhere near us.

BTW (ignoring personal insults) thought the half time shooting display from Byrne was very impressive.

This was my thoughts as well. Wasn't sitting right behind the goal but towards the top of the bottom tier and I had no issues with the sun and pretty sure Maka didn't either. But TV footage will clear it all up.

whereswallace?
12-12-2009, 10:33 PM
This was my thoughts as well. Wasn't sitting right behind the goal but towards the top of the bottom tier and I had no issues with the sun and pretty sure Maka didn't either. But TV footage will clear it all up.

Nothing to clear up,i know i had the sun in my eyes i dont need tv to tell me! Maka on he other hand,well only he will know,but at the end of the day this incident never led to a goal so im not that bothered!

ArabHibee
12-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Nothing to clear up,i know i had the sun in my eyes i dont need tv to tell me! Maka on he other hand,well only he will know,but at the end of the day this incident never led to a goal so im not that bothered!

I wasn't actually meaning you, I meant Maka! :greengrin If he fumbled the ball, I would assume it may be in the highlights when they are shown and you would be able to see if the sun was shining on the goal area. I'm not doubting that the sun was shining on you.

Winston Ingram
12-12-2009, 10:53 PM

I like Bamba. He was never going to struggle against the club footed flange that is Kyle.

BEEJ
13-12-2009, 12:39 AM
Thought Nish had another good game and we were unlucky not to win.
Interesting. I thought Nish was the reason for most of our forward moves breaking down in the first half.

poolman
13-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Jeezo, wasn't at the game but most of this thread has been taken up with positional play

Of the big orange thing in the sky :bitchy:

Cocaine&Caviar
13-12-2009, 12:56 AM

Quality is obviously there, but lack of form as mine was cold...

James Connolly
13-12-2009, 01:11 AM
Can't believe an individual on here stated that Liam Miller 'lacked urgency and could have pushed us on' :confused:

Liam Miller was head and shoulders above anyone on the park today...fact!!!!

Dashing Bob S
13-12-2009, 10:46 AM

A tad more so than the half time goalkeeping display from Flynn. We need to get that lad stretched out on the rack, might be the Andy McNeil syndrome again, I fear.

Dashing Bob S
13-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Quality is obviously there, but lack of form as mine was cold...

Mine was perfect. Congratulations to Kilmarnock and the local bakery who supply these wonderful pies. No gristle, fat or grease, just juicy, tender steak beef in a chewy pie crust. It shows that it's possible for a local club and local bakery to do decent mass catering and serve real quality, but traditional football food, rather trying to poison supporters with crap.

Surely Hibs can find a decent local bakery, or get the chaps across in Fife who Dunfermline's equally wonderful steak bridies to come over the Forth and show us how it's done?

That current filth at Easter Road I wouldn't put anywhere near my mouth.

Hibby Bairn
13-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Have to say my Killie Pie, purchased within seconds of the half time whistle blowing, was lukewarm and a tad soggy on the base. But consumed within 4 bites which I guess was the upside of it being lukewarm.

Bovril was delicious though and helped restore some warmth.

Prices yesterday were very reasonable...food and entrance. Very affordable esp. given I had two boys with me. Well done Killie.

TheMentalHibees
13-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Mine was perfect. Congratulations to Kilmarnock and the local bakery who supply these wonderful pies. No gristle, fat or grease, just juicy, tender steak beef in a chewy pie crust. It shows that it's possible for a local club and local bakery to do decent mass catering and serve real quality, but traditional football food, rather trying to poison supporters with crap.

Surely Hibs can find a decent local bakery, or get the chaps across in Fife who Dunfermline's equally wonderful steak bridies to come over the Forth and show us how it's done?

That current filth at Easter Road I wouldn't put anywhere near my mouth.

The food at Easter Road is boggin and extortionately priced. Get it sorted Petire :grr:

ArabHibee
13-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Have to say my Killie Pie, purchased within seconds of the half time whistle blowing, was lukewarm and a tad soggy on the base. But consumed within 4 bites which I guess was the upside of it being lukewarm.

Bovril was delicious though and helped restore some warmth.

Prices yesterday were very reasonable...food and entrance. Very affordable esp. given I had two boys with me. Well done Killie.

My pie was toastie hot and very good. Mind you, I did purchase it at 2pm. :cool2: