PDA

View Full Version : Well said Yogi but we've been saying this for weeks

RIP
12-12-2009, 06:29 PM
"I think the four front players are playing as individuals and when they start combining and working with each other, we'll be better for it.

They just have to trust and respect each other. I just feel they all want to score the goals, when it's all about the team."

I'm really happy 'bout our unbeaten run and points total, don't get me wrong

But if Yogi can remedy this fault we really will crack on - wouldn't you say?

The difference between a good team and a really great team (Famous Five, Tornadoes) is that great teams play for each other

Nish I think plays for the team. However Derek, Zouma, Stokesy would all go up in our estimation in they would pass to a colleague in a better position instead of always seeking the world cup goal.(good as they are to see)

It's about finding the balance and looking around before taking a pop

fife hfc
12-12-2009, 06:43 PM
He's spot on (though I would exclude Nish) and though I don't know about todays game you could see it clearly last week and it stopped us scoring a barrowload. If they can work together we will hammer a team. I suppose its up to Yogi to get that sorted but the players need to have a look at themselves as well and not be as greedy.

proud_and_green
12-12-2009, 06:52 PM
At todays game i thought that often we were too impatient and as a result gave the ball away too easily.

I think we need to work harder at maintaining possession and from that work hard, and patiently, at finding the oportunity and building movement up more systematically - whilst of course keeping the play running positively.

Zouma today held on to the ball too long and missed golden opportunities to make a pass which could have kept possession and allowed the break to come.

Some cracking play at times too, but that came when we played as a team and aimed to pass to keep possession. But unfortunately, not enough of it!

WindyMiller
12-12-2009, 09:09 PM
I felt to-day that they didn't seem to know when to raise the tempo or when to hold the ball up.
At times they played too many passes and at others were too greedy.

Just F***ing Fustrating!!!

Gus Fring
12-12-2009, 09:30 PM
I think this is particuarly evident at free kicks. Zouma and deek quite often will have a discussion about who's taking it.

matty_f
12-12-2009, 09:38 PM
I felt to-day that they didn't seem to know when to raise the tempo or when to hold the ball up.
At times they played too many passes and at others were too greedy.

Just F***ing Fustrating!!!

:agree: Noticed the same against Motherwell last week, sometimes it looked like we were trying to walk the ball into the net by over-elaborating with the passes, and other times we were crying out for someone to look for the pass instead of shooting.

The fluency should come with games and training, though. I think it's easy to forget that this team is still finding it's feet.

HFC 0-7
12-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Good points from Yogi, but the problem is, is that we are playing too many forwards in the team. the nature of a forward is more or less to receive the ball and look to score, we play them in midfield which causes problems as their first instinct is not to look for a pass but look at a way for them to get to goal. We need more midfielders than forwards in the team who can give the forwards the ball in the areas where they can turn and look to get to goal.

This is why we have struggled against a lot of the lower teams, Killie, Falkirk and Hearts, they put men behind the ball and press. The teams that we have played well against, Dundee Utd, Motherwell etc, play more attacking against us which lets us push up more and thus the forwards receive the ball in a forward position.

I get what Yogi is saying, but most of the forwards, and good ones are selfish and want to score goals themselves. What Yogi is wanting is our forwards to be more like offensive midfielders, something that I think would be difficult to change.