PDA

View Full Version : Craig Brown

Rossco442
12-12-2009, 04:52 PM
The most negative, moaning, anti-Hibs, anti-Maka pundit I have ever heard.

That is all.

Dunbar Hibee
12-12-2009, 04:53 PM
He was pretty annoying but thought he was pretty fair, to say he was anti Hibs is a bit steep IMO.

Rossco442
12-12-2009, 04:55 PM
He never wasted an opportunity to have a dig at Hibs. And constantly got things wrong.

dHFCe
12-12-2009, 04:59 PM
I thought brown was pretty positive about hibs today. Being anti-Maka comes with watching a game with maka in goals. He is a liability.

Broken Gnome
12-12-2009, 05:03 PM
He wasn't anti-Hibs at all, though he is unbelievably anti-football. He almost goes out of his way to praise endeavour or good defending as opposed to skill. Bit like his Scotland days.

Sprouleflyer
12-12-2009, 05:11 PM
He wasn't anti-Hibs at all, though he is unbelievably anti-football. He almost goes out of his way to praise endeavour or good defending as opposed to skill. Bit like his Scotland days.

Ford MOTM by Brown :greengrin

Sir David Gray
12-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Couldn't believe he was trying to credit Bobby Williamson with signing Colin Nish for Hibs. Williamson became Hibs manager in 2002 and left in 2004, whilst Nish didn't arrive at Easter Road until 2008. He was only four years out!

Then the main commentator suggested to Brown that Nish's arrival at Hibs came much later than Williamson's reign as manager and then he said that he might have meant Williamson was responsible for signing him for Kilmarnock. To which Brown replied, "Oh yes, that's what I meant."

Even that wasn't right as Nish arrived at Kilmarnock in 2003, one year after Williamson had left Rugby Park.

:bitchy:

(((Fergus)))
12-12-2009, 05:45 PM
He never wasted an opportunity to have a dig at Hibs. And constantly got things wrong.

Gave an illuminating insight into the Scottish psyche (i.e., his) - "rejoicing in the misfortune of others"

Greenway
12-12-2009, 06:01 PM
He is the dullest man on the planet.

You don't care what he's actually saying, you just need him to stop talking. That was a complete nightmare to listen to today. I can only surmise that the BBC put him there as some sort of inside joke.

What's next, Alan Bennet commentating on the Grand Prix.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-12-2009, 06:23 PM
He is the dullest man on the planet.

You don't care what he's actually saying, you just need him to stop talking. That was a complete nightmare to listen to today. I can only surmise that the BBC put him there as some sort of inside joke.

What's next, Alan Bennet commentating on the Grand Prix.

Yet to be decided - I believe he's in a play off with Rob Maclean.

PatHead
12-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Might be bad but an amateur compared to Alan Preston

Bostonhibby
12-12-2009, 07:26 PM
I thought brown was pretty positive about hibs today. Being anti-Maka comes with watching a game with maka in goals. He is a liability.

:agree:maybe pro hibs, trying to emphasise the point that a number of posters try to make about this personable but unfortunate keeper.....it can be the difference between achieving something, or not over a season.......:brickwall

hibbie02
12-12-2009, 07:43 PM
The guy is a boring, confused, boring, negative, boring, repetitive, boring, clueless, boring, insightless, boring, pointless, boring, clueless, boring auld fart. His very voice annoys the shee-ite out of me! His endless efforts to appear to respect everyone, whilst damning them with faint praise is particularly galling. You just know that when asked about the Faroe Islands chances of getting a result against Spain, he would try and make it out like it was likely to be a close game, with perhaps Spain getting the result by the odd goal (or 10). In a sport that generates passion and controversy, Craig Brown is least qualified person on the planet to be asked for his opinion. I have seen more exciting cat puke than that man!!! :grr::grr::grr::grr:

spudhib
12-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Never as bad as Steve Cowan:bitchy:

Killiehibbie
12-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Ford MOTM by Brown :greengrin

How come it wasn't a foul when Ford bear hugged Nish?

WindyMiller
12-12-2009, 09:16 PM
He was pretty annoying but thought he was pretty fair, to say he was anti Hibs is a bit steep IMO.

Tell me where you were during the match?

In the house, perhaps?