PDA

View Full Version : Maka

Pages : [1] 2 3

GlesgaeHibby
12-12-2009, 04:14 PM
There we go again. For every great few games he has, this clown makes a stupid mistake.

:grr::grr::grr:

KeithTheHibby
12-12-2009, 04:15 PM
There we go again. For every great few games he has, this clown makes a stupid mistake.

Agreed, not ****ing good enough to wear the jersey.

GlesgaeHibby
12-12-2009, 04:16 PM
How anybody can have confidence in him is beyond me. Most of us are worried when he is on the park about when his next stupid error will come.

Where's Hibs Spain now?

Howlers:

Killie 1
St Mirren 2
Aberdeen 3
Hearts 2

Hibs90
12-12-2009, 04:21 PM
I love Maka's personality. He is one of the coolest guys you will ever meet in your life. One day, he will be a quality keeper and read my previous posts on the matter I've always stuck up for him but even I've had enough now.

Not good enough for Hibs at this moment.

lucky
12-12-2009, 04:22 PM
He is not good enough but hopefully stack will be back next week.

Danderhall Hibs
Have any of you guys seen the "howler" yet? Sounds like he might've been fouled.

Hainan Hibs
I'll wait to see the highlights.

GlesgaeHibby
12-12-2009, 04:23 PM
I love Maka's personality. He is one of the coolest guys you will ever meet in your life. One day, he will be a quality keeper and read my previous posts on the matter I've always stuck up for him but even I've had enough now.

Not good enough for Hibs at this moment.

That's his problem though. Far too laid back. I'm not disputing the fact that he's a nice guy, I think he's a great character but he's a hopeless goalie.
Never rated him and he'll never make it at a higher level than the SPL if he makes a clanger like that every 6-7 games in a poor league.

HFC 0-7
12-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Have any of you guys seen the "howler" yet? Sounds like he might've been fouled.

Maybe not a howler but he has been looking dodgy all afternoon apparently. My mate is at the game, says hibs are shocking, but also says that Maka does not look confident at all!

hibbie02
12-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Is this the official Maka GTF thread for this week? :cool2:

bawheid
12-12-2009, 04:25 PM

:agree:

According to texts from those at the game he was fouled.

I'll wait and see the highlights before getting the :grr::grr::grr:s out...

Hibs90
12-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Maybe not a howler but he has been looking dodgy all afternoon apparently. My mate is at the game, says hibs are shocking, but also says that Maka does not look confident at all!

He made some good saves in the first half. So not really that dodgy.

hibee_girl
12-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Were you waiting with post ready as soon as the goal went in? :rolleyes:

Let's not pay attention to the people at the game who are saying he was fouled, how would they know better than people on here after all?

CapitalHibs
12-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Is this the official Maka GTF thread for this week? :cool2:

Never fails does it? I predict a 13 pager.

Rasta_Hibs
12-12-2009, 04:29 PM
It's a bit out of order posting this when the game is still there to be won!

What if Maka pulls of a great save and then we go and score and win the match? Will you still be slating him?

Taz_hibee
12-12-2009, 04:31 PM

Let's not pay attention to the people at the game who are saying he was fouled, how would they know better than people on here after all?

A bunch of Fuds who love it when we lose a goal, get a ****ing grip

hibsbollah
12-12-2009, 04:32 PM

I'm assuming you're at the game using your laptop? If not you have no business slagging anyone off without any evidence.

Tricla
12-12-2009, 04:35 PM

According to texts from those at the game he was fouled.

I'll wait and see the highlights before getting the :grr::grr::grr:s out...

Me too.

The BBC pundits are over anti Maka as usual.

Pr*cks

Tricla
12-12-2009, 04:37 PM
How anybody can have confidence in him is beyond me. Most of us are worried when he is on the park about when his next stupid error will come.

Where's Hibs Spain now?

Howlers:

Killie 1
St Mirren 2
Aberdeen 3
Hearts 2

GTF Maka

Agreed, not ****ing good enough to wear the jersey.

:yawn:

J-C
12-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Hughes was going daft on the sidelines wanting a foul on Maka.

Dunbar Hibee
12-12-2009, 04:40 PM

:confused: It's true.

Tricla
12-12-2009, 04:42 PM
:confused: It's true.

Have you seen todays incident?

TornadoHibby
12-12-2009, 04:43 PM

:top marks

Let's not wait till we find out what actually happened - let's take the word of Craig Brown who shortly after the goal told us that Blobby Williamson had been responsible for taking Colin Nish to Hibs! :confused: :grr:

Radio Scotland need to get some decent, knowledgeable people commentating before they become a total laughing stock! :agree: :grr:

Dunbar Hibee
12-12-2009, 04:44 PM

No. I have seen all the other blunders he has made TIME AND TIME again.

TornadoHibby
12-12-2009, 04:48 PM

And you are of such mature years and experience of matters such as this that any of us should pay the slightest bit of attention to your myopia! :confused:

Suppose you are perfect in all you do then young man?! :cool2:

Hibs90
12-12-2009, 04:49 PM
And you are of such mature years and experience of matters such as this that any of us should pay the slightest bit of attention to your myopia! :confused:

Suppose you are perfect in all you do then young man! :cool2:

Whats the guys age got to do with it? :confused:

Tricla

So you're willing to chastise him without any proof? :confused:

Maka was excellent last week so perhaps he's turned the corner. From what I hear he's made a couple of good saves today as well.

I'll decide once I've seen the incident and leave folks like you to blindly hang our keeper out to dry.

Dunbar Hibee

Suppose you are perfect in all you do then young man! :cool2:

Yes you have to be a certain age to criticise a football player when he makes stupid stupid blunders.:confused: Listen to yoursel man

Allant1981
12-12-2009, 04:50 PM

So because he is 17 he cant have an opinion on the guy, you dont need to be ancient to know whether you like someone or not

Ed De Gramo
12-12-2009, 04:55 PM
What people are forgetting is that whilst he made an error, he also kept us in the game :agree:

mikethehibee69
12-12-2009, 04:55 PM
:top markshowever i must admit i did swear at maka thanks to that clown Broonie, howver after my cousin who is at game said he was fouled if so i will happily eat humble pie mmmmmmmmm pie:faf:

hibsbollah
12-12-2009, 04:56 PM
To be honest its irrelevant whether he made a mistake or not (from reports it sounds like he was fouled). The people who are on here starting threads slagging him before even seeing the incident arent worth listening to, and just shows theyve got an agenda:grr:

mikethehibee69
12-12-2009, 04:56 PM

AGEIST:thumbsup::faf:

--------
12-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Age has nothing to do with having or not having the right to criticise.

But it would help if he had actually seen the incident he's whining about.

:rolleyes:

Hibee_Rab
12-12-2009, 05:00 PM
I'll wait to see the highlights.

I'm waiting till the fans get back:wink:

bawheid
12-12-2009, 05:01 PM
To be honest its irrelevant whether he made a mistake or not (from reports it sounds like he was fouled). The people who are on here starting threads slagging him before even seeing the incident arent worth listening to, and just shows theyve got an agenda:grr:

Yep. We all know the media have got a bit of a thing for Hibs goalies. I'll wait until the fans are back...:wink:

bawheid
12-12-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm waiting till the fans get back:wink:

Great minds. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Yep. We all know the media have got a bit of a thing for Hibs goalies. I'll wait until the fans are back...:wink:

That should read - "All Hibs goalies, apart from the ones that don't make mistakes" :wink:

Storar
12-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Nothing to do with the media. I think Maka is ****. I've not seen todays incident yet before anyone asks but I thought he was **** before today so it really doesn't matter.
Hope he never plays for Hibs again

Hibs Spain
12-12-2009, 05:03 PM

:grr::grr::grr:Another excellent game from Maka ...some good saves..One "miracle" save ..Was clearly fouled at the goal(Stack wouldn't have been near the ball to be fouled in the first place ..So forget him) ..Yogi was positive it was a foul too!With the amount of corners they had we could easily have lost that. Well done Maka. Undroppable on this form. :top marks

Hibs90
12-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Another excellent game from Maka ...some good saves..One "miracle" save ..Was clearly fouled at the goal(Stack wouldn't have been near the ball to be fouled in the first place ..So forget him) ..Yogi was positive it was a foul too!With the amount of corners they had we could easily have lost that. Well done Maka. Undroppable on this form. :top marks

:faf::devil:

ronaldo7
12-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Texts from the laddie at the game said Maka had made two good saves in the first half, and he thought he was fouled for the Killie Goal.

Unbeaten run continues so well done the Hibees, and lets do the sheep next week, before we do the huns on the 27th.

Oh and did the Hawrts slip a place today:thumbsup:

Broken Gnome
12-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Avoiding all rash 'MAKA GTF' sentiments,it at least shows that Stack is the rightful number one when fit, for the solidity of the team at least.

Danderhall Hibs
Oh and did the Hawrts slip a place today:thumbsup:

More than one place. They done us a favour and in the process fell to 9th place - only 1 point above 2nd bottom. :greengrin

cleanyman
Maka supposedly made some fine saves to keep us in the game and theres a chance he was fouled for Killie's goal.
Another game unbeaten so cannae really complain.

Nailrod
12-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Judging by the deafening silence from a number of posters I take it the answer was no.

We appear to have developed a small group of supporters who believe that Hibs have a divine right not to ever concede a goal. I wonder if they might not find theselves more at home offering their keyboard support to some other team further west. There are two or three to choose from where a combination of prejudice, an inability to tolerate the slightest setback, and a willingness to rush to judgement on matters about which one knows nothing are all real assets.

TornadoHibby
12-12-2009, 05:07 PM
So because he is 17 he cant have an opinion on the guy, you dont need to be ancient to know whether you like someone or not

PC brigade alert! :shocked:

This isn't about liking someone or not IMO! :confused:

This is about a youngster who isn't even at the game today and therefore has no reliable evidence of his own to enable him to express an "opinion" on the incident concerned and therefore on our 21 year old goalkeeper who has probably also kept us in the match today! Despite this, he posts a very negative message suggesting the "history" of "errors" is, once again, being repeated! :grr:

Were he a bit older, he might just have thought about what he was going to post before he did so and would probably have decided to wait until he had got some real facts to consider before posting! :agree:

Will that do you? :cool2:

Dunbar Hibee
12-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Judging by the deafening silence from a number of posters I take it the answer was no.

We appear to have developed a small group of supporters who believe that Hibs have a divine right not to ever concede a goal. I wonder if they might not find theselves more at home offering their keyboard support to some other team further west. There are two or three to choose from where a combination of prejudice, an inability to tolerate the slightest setback, and a willingness to rush to judgement on matters about which one knows nothing are all real assets.

Deafening silence:confused: No, I clearly replied that i hadn't seen the incident.

bawheid
12-12-2009, 05:09 PM
More than one place. They done us a favour and in the process fell to 9th place - only 1 point above 2nd bottom. :greengrin

Jose Goncalves apparently man of the match again. Should slide another couple of places when he's sold for peanuts in January.

hibsbollah
12-12-2009, 05:09 PM

The OP is still online. I wonder if he will grace us with his presence and admit his mistake (assuming maka was fouled) once he sees the incident?:rolleyes:

TornadoHibby
12-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Avoiding all rash 'MAKA GTF' sentiments,it at least shows that Stack is the rightful number one when fit, for the solidity of the team at least.

I'm afraid I don't see the logic in your post! :cool2:

Can you help me to understand your point please? :cool2:

Pretty Boy
12-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Quite frankly i don't care if Maka was fouled today or otherwise, he is not good enough to be our number 1. The sooner Stack is fit the better.

And as an aside just how tall does Hibsspain think Maka is? The way he goes on you would think he was about 8 foot tall. He's only 2/3 inches taller than Stack FFS.

Hibs Spain
Deafening silence:confused: No, I clearly replied that i hadn't seen the incident.I was there and it was a clear foul. Three games in a row for Maka without losing. Seven points out of nine! With the number of corners and crosses they had we would have been mullered with Static in goals.:agree:

James70
Nothing to do with the media. I think Maka is ****. I've not seen todays incident yet before anyone asks but I thought he was **** before today so it really doesn't matter.
Hope he never plays for Hibs again

Right, lets wait and see the highlights, we can also then consider whether Stack would have made the saves that Makalamby made. No wonder the media go on about him when some of our own fans give such abuse to one of our own players. Replace him with Boruc maybe? Did you see his mistake at the first goal today?

TornadoHibby
12-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Yes you have to be a certain age to criticise a football player when he makes stupid stupid blunders.:confused: Listen to yoursel man

Wow, Grandad, settle down there big guy! :cool2:

You have absolutely NO reliable evidence to support your pathetic attentions seeking post suggesting that you know what did happen at Killie! :agree:

Your willingness to spout pish based on whatever goes on inside your head rather than the facts of the relevant situation will case you difficulties as you leave school and move onto the work environment ultimately I imagine! :confused:

Nailrod
12-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Deafening silence:confused: No, I clearly replied that i hadn't seen the incident.
Er... how to put this so it doesn't sound too complicated. Ah. I have it:

That pretty much makes my point.

Hibs90
12-12-2009, 05:19 PM

You have absolutely NO reliable evidence to support your pathetic attentions seeking post suggesting that you know what did happen at Killie! :agree:

Your willingness to spout pish based on whatever goes on inside your head rather than the facts of the relevant situation will case you difficulties as you leave school and move onto the work environment ultimately I imagine! :confused:Removed

Dunbar Hibee
12-12-2009, 05:20 PM

Your willingness to spout pish based on whatever goes on inside your head rather than the facts of the relevant situation will case you difficulties as you leave school and move onto the work environment ultimately I imagine! :confused:

Iv left school but thank you for the tip Sir.:wink:

lucky
12-12-2009, 05:22 PM
I dont need to see the highlights I just dont rate him as a keeper. He makes the defence nervous with his laid back attitude. He may become a great keeper but he is costing Hibs at the moment. Stack has critics on here to but he is a steady keeper who is NOT prone to making big mistakes or as frequently as Makka

PatHead
12-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Re comments on "Stack would have saved it" surely we will never know as he wasn't playing. Judging by some comments some posters can't wait to get the knife into Stack when he gets back, Is being a supporter not about getting behind whoever is in goals not being desperate to criticise the alternative?

:confused:

TornadoHibby
12-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Removed

Brilliant! :faf:

Insult me because you can't simply point out the aspects of the post which caused you to deduce that! :faf:

It can't be for any other reason like, for example, you actually know me as a person now can it! :greengrin

hibbymac
12-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Re comments on "Stack would have saved it" surely we will never know as he wasn't playing. Judging by some comments some posters can't wait to get the knife into Stack when he gets back, Is being a supporter not about getting behind whoever is in goals not being desperate to criticise the alternative?

:agree: you would have thought so, ..... but not for some who post on here. :bitchy:

hibsbollah
12-12-2009, 05:28 PM

:top marksPersonally I think we have two good goalkeepers. There seems to be a hysteria about our keepers which is more down to the zibby era than anything that actually happens on the pitch. The anti-Stack posts irritate me as much as the anti-Maka posts. Why not a pro-Stokes post for a change though? another goal for the much criticised striker.

Broken Gnome
12-12-2009, 05:30 PM

That, on the whole, the foundation of this unbeaten run has been with Stack as number one. Maka is potentially a good keeper, but Stack's could easily justify selection ahead of him at the moment.

PatHead
12-12-2009, 05:33 PM
:top marksPersonally I think we have two good goalkeepers. There seems to be a hysteria about our keepers which is more down to the zibby era than anything that actually happens on the pitch. The anti-Stack posts irritate me as much as the anti-Maka posts. Why not a pro-Stokes post for a change though? another goal for the much criticised striker.

.........and just wait 'til he gets fully fit!

Hibs90
12-12-2009, 05:34 PM

Brilliant! :faf:

Insult me because you can't simply point out the aspects of the post which caused you to deduce that! :faf:

It can't be for any other reason like, for example, you actually know me as a person now can it! :greengrin

You were still spouting the age crap, so in my opinion you are a clown.

YehButNoBut
12-12-2009, 05:37 PM
We are too quick to crticise our keepers IMO, far better keepers than Maka make many mistakes in a season but do not seem to get the same criticism.

Boruc had another howler today and Petr Cech (thought of as one of the best in the world) had an own goal against him for which he was not blameless.

Nailrod
12-12-2009, 05:38 PM
You're right. Mind you much of it seems to be some kind of 'spoilt kids' syndrome.

TornadoHibby
12-12-2009, 05:39 PM

That, on the whole, the foundation of this unbeaten run has been with Stack as number one. Maka is potentially a good keeper, but Stack's could easily justify selection ahead of him at the moment.

How has that got anything to do with the subject matter of this thread as it started out? :confused:

Yogi will decide who plays in goal each week as the team manager! :agree:

He was at the match and will make that decision on facts and then on what he thinks is best for the team in terms of achieving the desired result in the next match! :cool2:

col02
12-12-2009, 05:39 PM
On my way back from the match and I thought Maka was fouled but bow to opinion of fans listening on the radio!

Broken Gnome
12-12-2009, 05:41 PM
How has that got anything to do with the subject matter of this thread as it started out? :confused:

Yogi will decide who plays in goal each week as the team manager! :agree:

He was at the match and will make that decision on facts and then on what he thinks is best for the team in terms of achieving the desired result in the next match! :cool2:

Therefore any further debate on either of our keeper's merits or otherwise is pointless then? :greengrin

TornadoHibby
12-12-2009, 05:43 PM
You were still spouting the age crap, so in my opinion you are a clown.

Gotcha! :wink:

You're the other lads age so you felt you should support him! :dummytit: :greengrin

If people had better things to occupy their minds than malicious mischievous nonsense then many of the posts on this thread alone would not be there as they would be un-necessary! :cool2:

Hibs90
12-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Gotcha! :wink:

You're the other lads age so you felt you should support him! :dummytit: :greengrin

If people had better things to occupy their minds than malicious mischievous nonsense then many of the posts on this thread alone would not be there as they would be un-necessary! :cool2:

Aye, thats it. :blah:

TornadoHibby
12-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Therefore any further debate on either of our keeper's merits or otherwise is pointless then? :greengrin

:faf:

You really are a top debater aren't you! :greengrin

Once the facts ARE KNOWN then we can find out what happened and posts on the subject will be relevant, meaningful and interesting rather than being a complete waste of everyone's time! :cool2:

TornadoHibby
12-12-2009, 05:48 PM
On my way back from the match and I thought Maka was fouled but bow to opinion of fans listening on the radio!

Read this thread and that seems to be the message from the young 'un's who seem to know better than anyone else in their view anyway! :agree:

Broken Gnome
12-12-2009, 05:51 PM

You really are a top debater aren't you! :greengrin

Once the facts ARE KNOWN then we can find out what happened and posts on the subject will be relevant, meaningful and interesting rather than being a complete waste of everyone's time! :cool2:

You won't get any FACTS. Bar a near beheading of Maka in this particular incident when we can all agree he's been hard done by, it will be perceived as either a bad referreeing decision or a suspect piece of goalkeeping. Much like the fact every second person on this board disagrees with each other on whether he is a decent keeper or not.

You're making a lot of an opinion that's hardly unique or revolutionary...

erskine-hibby
12-12-2009, 05:56 PM
I haven't seen the "goal" from today so I can't make any judgement on this one...yet. I will say though that from many accounts Maka was looking dodgy all day. Ok he might have made a couple of saves, but does that let him off the hook?. I have heard it said he had a really good game last week, I see it different, he had one save to make, they had one shot on target, we were well in control, so how can he have had a good game??.
As for the amount of corners for them today, I don't see how anyone can deduce from that that we would have lost if Stack was in goal:confused:
For all we know with Stack in between the sticks the players would have had more confidence and we may have not lost so many corners. It's all ifs and buts, but as far as i can see when Maka is feeling nervous, which is quite a lot, the team react to that too, so for that reason alone it will be better for all if Stack returns sooner rather than later.

hibsbollah
12-12-2009, 05:58 PM

:faf::top marks

hibee-shtuggie
12-12-2009, 05:58 PM
i feel like every week people are waiting to get at each others throats over this guy. i have openly said that i dont rate maka but i dont believe that coming on here and berating a hibs player just to rub it in someones face that you were right all along is good form. its just not nice. im dissapointed today and stand by my opinion that maka is not good enough, however im not going to rub it in anyones face, we are all hibs fans chasing the best for the team after all... GGTTH

TornadoHibby
12-12-2009, 05:59 PM
You won't get any FACTS. Bar a near beheading of Maka in this particular incident when we can all agree he's been hard done by, it will be perceived as either a bad referreeing decision or a suspect piece of goalkeeping. Much like the fact every second person on this board disagrees with each other on whether he is a decent keeper or not.

You're making a lot of an opinion that's hardly unique or revolutionary...

:dummytit:

Failure to accept reality can be a sign of an underlying.............................:dizzy:

Time to get back to the real world! :greengrin

BEEJ
12-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Another excellent game from Maka ...some good saves..One "miracle" save ..Was clearly fouled at the goal(Stack wouldn't have been near the ball to be fouled in the first place ..So forget him) ..Yogi was positive it was a foul too!With the amount of corners they had we could easily have lost that. Well done Maka. Undroppable on this form. :top marks
It was at the far end of the pitch so even for the Hibs support it was difficult to see what actually happened and whether or not Maka was impeded.

I'm just back and I'm making no judgement 'til I see it on TV.

His save in the first half was terrific. However, his kicking and distribution was distinctly dodgy today by his standards.

Broken Gnome
12-12-2009, 06:04 PM
:dummytit:

Failure to accept reality can be a sign of an underlying.............................:dizzy:

Time to get back to the real world! :greengrin

And you're mocking my debating skills? :greengrin

Thecat23
12-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Just like the press, everyone it seems can't wait for Maka to make a mistake! It sounds like it could be a foul, If not it seems there was some sort of pressure put on him. Maybe he should have held it? but for god sake get a grip!

We didn't get beat and he kept us in the game with 2 fine saves! So for that big man well done.

Can't stand fans on here given out the Maka is p!sh crap! He's not, he has made stupid mistakes but believe me the lad will improve and do well but he's not crap!

Rant over!

DirtyDeeds
12-12-2009, 06:17 PM
First of all, I was not at todays game so cant claim to have a better knowledge of whats gone on today. It appears we have two very very different types of keeper to pick from.

In Stack, we have a guy who has proven to be solid and reliable, if unspectacular. We have seen that he more often than not sticks to his line at cross balls and corners. We have also seen him make some excellent stops, but perhaps not quite as outstanding as Maka's agility and reflexes allow. And he is extremely confident with the ball at is feet, if the opportunity allows, play it short, if not, get it the **** down the park. Stack, for me, is Colgan-esque , absolutely adequate and dependable keeper without being outstanding.

Then we have Maka. What a brilliant shot-stopper, so agile for a man of size with brilliant reflexes. One of the few keepers since Leighton who have had the ability to 'stop goals'. The guy has bags of confidence with the ball at his feet, but for me has dreadful decision making abilities in this situation, too many near things that create an uneasy atmosphere in the ground, and may feed to the players. Unlike Stack, Maka will come for crosses and corners all day long. He'll take many, maybe even most. But those he misses, we have lost goals from in the past, and those that dont cost us again add to an uneasiness in the ground.

So we have a 'steady-eddie' and a 'maverick'. Were this a creative midfielder, i think we'd all take the maverick, the 'Latapy' if you will. But we arent, its our keeper, our base. When it comes down to deciding who to pick, you really need to be asking the defender who the want in behind them. Do they want a guy who mainly sticks to his line, leaving them knowing that all the need to do is mark up properly, be fully organised. Or do they want the guy who'll come flying out, maybe take out a team mate or two in the process, maybe take the catch, but maybe fumble it. Leaving a ball bouncing around, guys out on the deck, mayhem.

By now im sure you can tell that I'd go with Stack. I think a huge part of our improved defensive performances this year are down to the defence only having to concentrate on their jobs, and not be concerned about what unpredictable loony we've got between the sticks, knowing the guy behind them is level headed, and completely competent. I feel bad for Maka as we havent lost while hes been there, but you have to look at a historical view as well. And with Stack at the club, ouor defence has been magnificent overall. In Maka's time, we've had too many peaks and troughs. He may or may not be responsible, but for me you remove any potential variables that can cause a problem and he has been one.

Sorry big lad, lovely guy and a potentially great keeper, but our success this season has been based on organisation, confidence and trust in the man next to you. Its not there often enough when youre around. Graham, grab yer gloves big boy, yer back in.

J-C
12-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Just watched the Boruc cock up against Motherwell, how many has Boruc made over the past few years yet I bet most on here would take him in a heart beat. I was listening via internet and Brown was going on about Maka's mistake, yet the other commentator wa mentioning the fact that Hughes was furious on the sidelines, remonstrating with the ref about a foul on Maka.

Some people want to get a grip and stop having a go at the lad, if he was absolutely horrendous all game and we'd got beat, then yes give him a hard time but another point and a couple of good saves to keep us in the game, is good enough for me.

--------
12-12-2009, 06:22 PM

:agree: I think this thread was started while the game was still going on by a 'supporter' who wasn't at the game and had no knowledge of what happened at the Killie goal.

Then the Usual Suspects join in, and once again we have a "Let's bin Maka" thread before any of the attackers have the faintest idea whether the big guy DID make a 'horrible' mistake or whether the was fouled as he gathered the ball. As for the BBC commentators, I wouldn't believe them if they told me the grass was green and the sky blue....

Nobody knows what exactly happened yet, except the people who were through at the game. Our manager appears to take the view that our goalkeeper was impeded.

Until I see the highlights, that's good enough for me.

This is about a youngster who isn't even at the game today and therefore has no reliable evidence of his own to enable him to express an "opinion" on the incident concerned and therefore on our 21 year old goalkeeper who has probably also kept us in the match today! Despite this, he posts a very negative message suggesting the "history" of "errors" is, once again, being repeated! :grr:

Were he a bit older, he might just have thought about what he was going to post before he did so and would probably have decided to wait until he had got some real facts to consider before posting! :agree:

Does me, mate. Agree 100%. :agree:

IMO right now there's a group of Hibs 'supporters' who seem ready to give Maka pelters regardless of how he plays. They expect him to be absolutely faultless every game - it doesn't matter how many saves he makes, or how good they are - if he makes one msitake in the game, THAT's what they zero in on. Why they do this, I don't know. I sometimes wonder if THEY do.

There's another group who want to defend Maka regardless - they want to say he NEVER makes the tiniest of errors. This group's smaller, but it's growing, and the main tactic this group employs is to attack Graham Stack and denigrate his abilities as a goalie.

(Cast you eye over this thread, and last week's "Get Maka" thread, and the previous week's.... You'll see what I mean.)

So now, regardless of the result, regardless of how he played, regardless of whether the critics were at the game or not, regardless of whether some of the critics have EVER been at a game, every week the Hibs goalkeeper will get pelters from his own fans - or those who are supposed to be his own fans.

And some of these people point at the Jambos and mock them for being 'deluded'....

You really couldn't make it up. :rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 06:23 PM
With the number of corners and crosses they had we would have been mullered with Static in goals.:agree:

Fair play to you for defending Maka but you let yourself down with comments like this IMO. It makes it look like you want Stack to start conceding Maka like goals when gets back in the team.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 06:28 PM
[B]Then the Usual Suspects join in,

Not all of them. :cool2:

There's another group who want to defend Maka regardless - they want to say he NEVER makes the tiniest of errors. This group's smaller, but it's growing, and the main tactic this group employs is to attack Graham Stack and denigrate his abilities as a goalie.

Spot on. I don't get it either - Stack's came in this season and cost us no goals yet there are 3 or 4 folk who can't wait for him to make a mistake. I've got some of them down as "undercover" operatives from 15pointsback.

hibsbollah
12-12-2009, 06:30 PM

IMO right now there's a group of Hibs 'supporters' who seem ready to give Maka pelters regardless of how he plays. They expect him to be absolutely faultless every game - it doesn't matter how many saves he makes, or how good they are - if he makes one msitake in the game, THAT's what they zero in on. Why they do this, I don't know. I sometimes wonder if THEY do.

(Cast you eye over this thread, and last week's "Get Maka" thread, and the previous week's.... You'll see what I mean.)

So now, regardless of the result, regardless of how he played, regardless of whether the critics were at the game or not, regardless of whether some of the critics have EVER been at a game, every week the Hibs goalkeeper will get pelters from his own fans - or those who are supposed to be his own fans.

And some of these people point at the Jambos and mock them for being 'deluded'....

You really couldn't make it up. :rolleyes:

Thats it in a nutshell. I just wonder what motivates them to do it?:bitchy:

HFC 0-7
12-12-2009, 06:32 PM

I wasnt there so cant say, but have spoke to a few hibbys, who said it was a foul of the soft variety and that Maka should have still not dropped it. They also said he made a few good saves, nothing extra ordinary (When I asked about the miracle save that Hibs Spain was on about they both said they must have been at the toilet). They also said that Maka didnt look decisive and that it looks like he doesnt have a lot of confidence. Confidence may be the key here, and if he can find some he may be a good keeper, but I am sorry to say, that I would rather he found the confidence elsewhere rather in a hibs jersey where he could still make mistakes and cost games.

At the end of the day, maka doesnt appear solid enough and is low on confidence and this spreads through the defence. I know that playing can bring back confidence, like what is happening with Nish, but you can get away with playing a forward with low confidence as they dont really cost goals, keepers you cant. You usually find that keepers that have low confidence and have to move club to find it. Similar to David James down south, made a few howlers, moved club and got back into the England squad.

--------
12-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Not all of them. :cool2:

Apologies, DH - but I don't class you as part of the Black Gang. :devil:

Spot on. I don't get it either - Stack's came in this season and cost us no goals yet there are 3 or 4 folk who can't wait for him to make a mistake. I've got some of them down as "undercover" operatives from 15pointsback.

You smell some lurking Yams, do you? So do I. This is getting to be just too regular a performance for my taste... :agree:

Hibs Spain
12-12-2009, 06:36 PM
On my way back from the match and I thought Maka was fouled but bow to opinion of fans listening on the radio!I know it's scary.I'm back and just saw a pal of mine at a cash line.First thing he said was " That's you're pal Maka thrown the ball in the net again" I asked him how he thought that and he said his son was listening to the radio and that's what the radio said. Naturally I put him straight but I also told him that he'd formed an opinion based on a view based on his son's comments from a radio commentary. He did to be fair see MY point. I hadn't realized until fairly recently how few people who post on here actually go to the games. :cool2:

BEEJ
12-12-2009, 06:37 PM
I wasnt there so cant say, but have spoke to a few hibbys, who said it was a foul of the soft variety and that Maka should have still not dropped it.
Hard for anyone to make that judgement call from 125 yards away. But may be right!

They also said he made a few good saves, nothing extra ordinary (When I asked about the miracle save that Hibs Spain was on about they both said they must have been at the toilet).
He did make one excellent save in the first half.

goosano
12-12-2009, 06:48 PM
First of all, I was not at todays game so cant claim to have a better knowledge of whats gone on today. It appears we have two very very different types of keeper to pick from.

In Stack, we have a guy who has proven to be solid and reliable, if unspectacular. We have seen that he more often than not sticks to his line at cross balls and corners. We have also seen him make some excellent stops, but perhaps not quite as outstanding as Maka's agility and reflexes allow. And he is extremely confident with the ball at is feet, if the opportunity allows, play it short, if not, get it the **** down the park. Stack, for me, is Colgan-esque , absolutely adequate and dependable keeper without being outstanding.

Then we have Maka. What a brilliant shot-stopper, so agile for a man of size with brilliant reflexes. One of the few keepers since Leighton who have had the ability to 'stop goals'. The guy has bags of confidence with the ball at his feet, but for me has dreadful decision making abilities in this situation, too many near things that create an uneasy atmosphere in the ground, and may feed to the players. Unlike Stack, Maka will come for crosses and corners all day long. He'll take many, maybe even most. But those he misses, we have lost goals from in the past, and those that dont cost us again add to an uneasiness in the ground.

So we have a 'steady-eddie' and a 'maverick'. Were this a creative midfielder, i think we'd all take the maverick, the 'Latapy' if you will. But we arent, its our keeper, our base. When it comes down to deciding who to pick, you really need to be asking the defender who the want in behind them. Do they want a guy who mainly sticks to his line, leaving them knowing that all the need to do is mark up properly, be fully organised. Or do they want the guy who'll come flying out, maybe take out a team mate or two in the process, maybe take the catch, but maybe fumble it. Leaving a ball bouncing around, guys out on the deck, mayhem.

By now im sure you can tell that I'd go with Stack. I think a huge part of our improved defensive performances this year are down to the defence only having to concentrate on their jobs, and not be concerned about what unpredictable loony we've got between the sticks, knowing the guy behind them is level headed, and completely competent. I feel bad for Maka as we havent lost while hes been there, but you have to look at a historical view as well. And with Stack at the club, ouor defence has been magnificent overall. In Maka's time, we've had too many peaks and troughs. He may or may not be responsible, but for me you remove any potential variables that can cause a problem and he has been one.

Sorry big lad, lovely guy and a potentially great keeper, but our success this season has been based on organisation, confidence and trust in the man next to you. Its not there often enough when youre around. Graham, grab yer gloves big boy, yer back in.

Good post and more or less sums up my thoughts

GGTTH

Allant1981

Eh no, still dont see what his age has to do with it when you look at some of the threads on this board from older people

WindyMiller
I, like most Hibbies, was too far away to see the "foul" but I'll accept our manager's view.
Maka had an excellent save, top left corner, and a good block with his feet to keep us in the game in the first half.

MyJo
12-12-2009, 06:50 PM
this is probably the most pathetic thread started by a hibs fan i've ever seen on this site. The sheer glee with which a lot of you are sticking the knife into one of our own players is ******ing disgusting.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 06:54 PM
this is probably the most pathetic thread started by a hibs fan i've ever seen on this site. The sheer glee with which a lot of you are sticking the knife into one of our own players is ******ing disgusting.

:agree: The knives are being stuck into 2 players for some reason. One of them never even played today!

--------
12-12-2009, 06:57 PM

:agree: The knives are being stuck into 2 players for some reason. One of them never even played today!

Totally agree. Like a feeding frenzy.

Maka gets pelters regardless of how he plays over the whole game - one mistake and he's condemned - and Graham Sctack gets pelters whether he plays or not....

Likesay - I smell JAMBO. :devil:

Hibs Spain
12-12-2009, 07:00 PM
I, like most Hibbies, was too far away to see the "foul" but I'll accept our manager's view.
Maka had an excellent save, top left corner, and a good block with his feet to keep us in the game in the first half.You could argue that he's won us a point today and at least two against Falkirk,yet he's a clown.. :yawn:

bawheid
12-12-2009, 07:01 PM

Sir David Gray
12-12-2009, 07:03 PM

I agree with practically every single word that you have written in the above post.

PatHead
12-12-2009, 07:05 PM
As another thought perhaps it would be best to play a fit Stack if Maka won't sign a new contract and commit himself to Hibs. This is not a comment on his ability as I genuinely think both Goalies have their strong points.

Tricla
12-12-2009, 07:13 PM
So the common view from those at the game was that Maka was fouled and he also kept us in the game.

Some are even saying that Stack wouldn't have been able to deal with all of the crosses that we had thrown at us today.

GlesgaeHibby and DunbarHibee - :bye: :boo hoo:

Mon the Maka!

GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 07:15 PM

How do you know if you were not at the match???:confused::confused:

From where I was seated in Killie, he was impeded and looked a clear foul........

Still bash away............:bye:

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 07:17 PM

I will say it again, you were not at match so saying he is looking dodgy on hearsay.... Did the radio, or whatever you heard he was dodgy, mention in two good saves in first half, and a couple in second half?????:confused::confused:

NOLA
12-12-2009, 07:17 PM
As another thought perhaps it would be best to play a fit Stack if Maka won't sign a new contract and commit himself to Hibs. This is not a comment on his ability as I genuinely think both Goalies have their strong points.

that's if he's offered a new contract?

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 07:22 PM
I will say it again, you were not at match so saying he is looking dodgy on hearsay.... Did the radio, or whatever you heard he was dodgy, mention in two good saves in first half, and a couple in second half?????:confused::confused:

It's not really hearsay it's the opinion of someone else that was at the match that's being repeated.

How come the views of the pundits at the game are irrelevant but your's are to be accepted as fact?

Si_17
12-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Another pathetic thread started by someone who likely was "at the game" via the radio.

From the away end it looked like a stick on free kick.

hibee_girl
12-12-2009, 07:24 PM

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 07:26 PM
What is it with all the negativity from posters who were not at the match???

Bashing Maka, when he did well IMO........

PATHETIC.......................:grr::grr::grr:

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 07:27 PM
It's not really hearsay it's the opinion of someone else that was at the match that's being repeated.

How come the views of the pundits at the game are irrelevant but your's are to be accepted as fact?

Aye listen to the radio if you want, take it from me, he was fouled, and made a couple of important saves.........

Si_17
12-12-2009, 07:28 PM
It's dull and tedious.:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 07:28 PM
What is it with all the negativity from posters who were not at the match???

Bashing Maka, when he did well IMO........

PATHETIC.......................:grr::grr::grr:

So were we really good then?

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 07:29 PM

Where did I say that, stop being a smart arse..... I was saying it is Pathetic the bashing Maka gets, from people not even at the match....

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Aye listen to the radio if you want, take it from me, he was fouled, and made a couple of important saves.........

Just wondering how the views of the pundits should be ignored but we should accept the views of the fans (who will obviously be biased)?

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Just wondering how the views of the pundits should be ignored but we should accept the views of the fans (who will obviously be biased)?

And the pundits don't overegg situations?????

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Where did I say that, stop being a smart arse..... I was saying it is Pathetic the bashing Maka gets, from people not even at the match....

You didn't say it, you suggested we weren't poor so I asked if we were good.

BTW Maka got a bashing from folk at the match - the neutrals.

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 07:33 PM

I never suggested anything, you are making assumptions on your own interpretations...............

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 07:33 PM
And the pundits don't overegg situations?????

Even the HI guys (who were at the match) said he dropped a clanger! they only changed their mind after they saw Yogi going mental.

Part/Time Supporter
12-12-2009, 07:34 PM
He should be dropped for his kicking, which is atrocious. Every bye-kick for Hibs was an opportunity for Killie to attack.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 07:35 PM
I never suggested anything, you are making assumptions on your own interpretations...............

So what are you saying then?

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Even the HI guys (who were at the match) said he dropped a clanger! they only changed their mind after they saw Yogi going mental.

Well from my vantage point in the away end, (the other end to where it happened), it looked like a foul to me.............

Hibs Spain
12-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Fair play to you for defending Maka but you let yourself down with comments like this IMO. It makes it look like you want Stack to start conceding Maka like goals when gets back in the team.I'm not defending Maka.I'm telling you what I saw today.You're construing that as some kind of defence where no defence is required :confused: And if Static gets another game he'll be letting in Static like goals because he's been like a cat with a bottomless pit of lives so far!!

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 07:37 PM
So what are you saying then?

I said why was Maka being bashed by "fans" who were not at game, and never saw his contribution............. Simples

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm not defending Maka.I'm telling you what I saw today.You're construing that as some kind of defence where no defence is required :confused: And if Static gets another game he'll be letting in Static like goals because he's been like a cat with a bottomless pit of lives so far!!

So you're not defending Maka, instead you're attacking the 1st choice keeper who didn't even play today!

Attack is the best form of defence!

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 07:38 PM
He should be dropped for his kicking, which is atrocious. Every bye-kick for Hibs was an opportunity for Killie to attack.

Bollox, should we also drop the guys who take throw ins, as we lose most of our possession from throw ins??????????????????

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 07:39 PM
I said why was Maka being bashed by "fans" who were not at game, and never saw his contribution............. Simples

I suppose they've taken the word of the experts who were at the match.

JCHibby

Hibs played good football today and were unlucky. Still feel stokes is not firing on all fronts but good display

Part/Time Supporter
Goalkeeping is a position which has a premium on reliability.

Could anyone seriously describe Makalambay as reliable?

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 07:40 PM
I suppose they've taken the word of the experts who were at the match.

So they have made their minds up on someone else's judgement, without seeing the incident for themselves..... Great.......

woodythehibee
12-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Give the guy a break!!

Every wee thing he does wrong gets blown out of proportion and he gets so much undeserved stick it's unreal!

ALL players, ALL goalkeepers make mistakes. How many times have you watched MOTD/SKY and seen some of the best keepers it the world make mistakes by either dropping a ball or parrying a shot or missing a cross? (Cech, Valdes, Dida) I see it every week, Maka's are just highlighted more because of Hibs' recent record with goalkeepers.

Maka's mistakes are just magnified and scrutinised so much that some people would complain simply because he is a wearing the wrong colour of boots!!

It's just because he is a keeper that every mistake is going to cost us and is therefore highlighted more. What about when Deek makes a mistake by misplacing a pass or missing the target?

If people are expecting us to have a keeper who never makes a mistake then your gonna be angry at EVERY hibs keeper because it is impossible to find.

'Mon the Maka :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 07:41 PM
So they have made their minds up on someone else's judgement, without seeing the incident for themselves..... Great.......

:agree: Which I criticised them for at the beginning of this thread. Although now folk who were at the game are coming home and expecting them to change their mind based on what they're telling them!

Jumbo
12-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Just back from match and it looked like a clear shove on Maka, thought he had decent enough game and made couple of decent saves in first half.

As for the corners that we would have been struggling with if Stack had been in goals, i think Maka only came for about two of them as the majority of them were no where near the goalkeeper.

HFC 0-7
12-12-2009, 07:43 PM

Read my others posts ya plum!

I have said that the people that told me (Who were at the game) said he made some good saves, but in their opinion he looked a bit iffy in his decision making and whether to come for crosses or not. My mates said that because of this the defence didnt look as solid as recent games.

If you read my other posts I have said that Maka is a good keeper, so I am not a maka basher! I do think that Stack is the better keeper for Hibs because he is solid and the defence know what to expect. I have also said that usually keepers low on confidence need another club to start a fresh.

You seem to be in the mood for an arguement and just turning a post into whatever you want. My posts have said that I heard from my mates, who by the way, think that Maka is a better keeper than Stack.

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 07:44 PM
:agree: Which I criticised them for at the beginning of this thread. Although now folk who were at the game are coming home and expecting them to change their mind based on what they're telling them!

Well let's hope when they see the TV evidence, they apologise if it proves Maka was not culpable for goal...........

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Read my others posts ya plum!

I have said that the people that told me (Who were at the game) said he made some good saves, but in their opinion he looked a bit iffy in his decision making and whether to come for crosses or not. My mates said that because of this the defence didnt look as solid as recent games.

If you read my other posts I have said that Maka is a good keeper, so I am not a maka basher! I do think that Stack is the better keeper for Hibs because he is solid and the defence know what to expect. I have also said that usually keepers low on confidence need another club to start a fresh.

You seem to be in the mood for an arguement and just turning a post into whatever you want. My posts have said that I heard from my mates, who by the way, think that Maka is a better keeper than Stack.

Less of the plum if you don't mind............. I am arguing Maka's corner, as the reaction to him is way OTT...........

Part/Time Supporter
12-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Just back from match and it looked like a clear shove on Maka, thought he had decent enough game and made couple of decent saves in first half.

As for the corners that we would have been struggling with if Stack had been in goals, i think Maka only came for about two of them as the majority of them were no where near the goalkeeper.

He hardly came for a cross all day, flapped at one in the first half and dropped the one for the goal. Three decent saves. My biggest problem was the kicking, which put unnecessary pressure on the rest of the team.

A thing I couldn't fathom about his performance was that last week he did a good job of decisively punching most of the balls. The two he made a hash of today should have been punched, as he was struggling to reach the ball sufficiently to make a clean catch.

Hibs Spain
12-12-2009, 07:50 PM
So you're not defending Maka, instead you're attacking the 1st choice keeper who didn't even play today!

Attack is the best form of defence!I don't see anything in what I said as attacking Static :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 07:52 PM
I don't see anything in what I said as attacking Static :confused:

But you are calling Stack "static", a bit infantile in namecalling a Hibs player.....

Can we not just back whoever is in goals for us??

hibsbollah
12-12-2009, 07:53 PM

degenerated
12-12-2009, 07:58 PM

i was at the game in the hospitality bit of the main stand not far from the incident and i thought it was a clanger.

that said he did have a few cracking saves as well though.

HFC 0-7
12-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Less of the plum if you don't mind............. I am arguing Maka's corner, as the reaction to him is way OTT...........

If you were arguing Maka corner then you wouldnt be moaning because I relayed someone at the games message, who I trust more than you. I also said in my posts that my mates said he made good saves. There are player bashers on here, but we also have people like yourself that look at defending a player by not listening to what others have to say about a player and start ripping people posts up for silly reasons. I said straight from the begining I wasnt at the match and that I had been told by mates who were at the game. I also said that he had good saves in the game, but my opinion was that Stack was the more solid choice. You seem to have looked for posts that were not showering applause on maka and pulling them up.

Part/Time Supporter
12-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Bollox, should we also drop the guys who take throw ins, as we lose most of our possession from throw ins??????????????????
How often does a keeper touch the ball? Ergo his kickouts are an important part of his play.

Stack's kicking >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Makalambay's kicking

(I doubt if even Hibs Spain would argue that, but we'll see)

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 08:09 PM
If you were arguing Maka corner then you wouldnt be moaning because I relayed someone at the games message, who I trust more than you. I also said in my posts that my mates said he made good saves. There are player bashers on here, but we also have people like yourself that look at defending a player by not listening to what others have to say about a player and start ripping people posts up for silly reasons. I said straight from the begining I wasnt at the match and that I had been told by mates who were at the game. I also said that he had good saves in the game, but my opinion was that Stack was the more solid choice. You seem to have looked for posts that were not showering applause on maka and pulling them up.

Not ripping posts for silly reasons, just as I see them.........

Hibs Spain
12-12-2009, 08:13 PM
How often does a keeper touch the ball? Ergo his kickouts are an important part of his play.

Stack's kicking >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Makalambay's kicking

(I doubt if even Hibs Spain would argue that, but we'll see)On the whole his goal kicks are as near perfect as you can get.You're obviously at the wind up.Just a ridiculous comment which is insupportable..

Removed
12-12-2009, 08:14 PM

I thought he dropped it and probably had a similar view to yourself but it is difficult to tell from the opposite end of the pitch.

I did text a few folk that the goal was his fault as that's what I thought from my view but has anyone actually seen a tv replay yet.

Oh and to balance it up I did text same folk that he had made a wonder save in the first half before the alleged clanger.

scoopyboy
12-12-2009, 08:20 PM

I like plums mate.

HFC 0-7
12-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Not ripping posts for silly reasons, just as I see them.........

Well in my defence you seen my post wrong. I have a lot of time for Maka as he is a keeper with ability. This season hibs need a solid keeper, and that has to be stack for me. Also, I have spoken to Maka on a few occasions and he is a top guy, always has time for the supporters, but its on the park that counts and I think his lapses in concentration are not what hibs need this season.

Hibby Bairn
12-12-2009, 08:22 PM
On the whole his goal kicks are as near perfect as you can get.You're obviously at the wind up.Just a ridiculous comment which is insupportable..

I'm sure statistical analysis will prove otherwise but I "feel" as if his kicking today was *******.

Pedantic_Hibee
12-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Bottom line is, we've got two first-team goalkeepers vying for the gloves.

Doubtless that we've all got our preference, but as fans of Hibernian, is it not wise for us to get behind whoever is between the sticks given that they're wearing a Hibernian shirt?

Rather than attack one or the other, why not get behind both of them and will them onto a clean-sheet rather than perversely hover over the "Post New Thread" button in moist anticipation of a goalkeeping error?

I can curse Maka, and to a lesser extent Stack at times, but I'm desperate for both to succeed in a Hibernian shirt. There's an underlying tone to some of our posters who, it would seem, get quite excitable over one or the other making an error so they can ram their anti-Maka/anti-Stack down everyone's throats once more.

Part/Time Supporter
12-12-2009, 08:24 PM
On the whole his goal kicks are as near perfect as you can get.You're obviously at the wind up.Just a ridiculous comment which is insupportable..

Gatecrasher
12-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Just seen it on ssn maka jumped into a crowd of players to collect the ball and dropped it

GC
12-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Very hard to tell from the match if it was a mistake or a foul, I'll watch the highlights and see how it is from a better angle.

If he has messed it up though then he has to realise that this part of the game needs cut out and pretty quick or Stack will keep the gloves for good next time.

jabis
12-12-2009, 08:31 PM
I haven't seen the "goal" from today so I can't make any judgement on this one...yet. I will say though that from many accounts Maka was looking dodgy all day. Ok he might have made a couple of saves, but does that let him off the hook?. I have heard it said he had a really good game last week, I see it different, he had one save to make, they had one shot on target, we were well in control, so how can he have had a good game??.
As for the amount of corners for them today, I don't see how anyone can deduce from that that we would have lost if Stack was in goal:confused:
For all we know with Stack in between the sticks the players would have had more confidence and we may have not lost so many corners. It's all ifs and buts, but as far as i can see when Maka is feeling nervous, which is quite a lot, the team react to that too, so for that reason alone it will be better for all if Stack returns sooner rather than later.

good attemt though :cool2:

never saw it either,though I go to the home games at least ! and in that respect I can confidently say Maka has been....Good....when I have seen him !

this thread reeks of pish as far as I can see,BOTH keepers deserve our support(as the opposition fans seem to rip into our goalies)

not a personal one by the way Erskine,it just seemed to sum up the guff that some "supporters" spout :grr:

Hibs Spain
12-12-2009, 08:33 PM

He hardly came for a cross all day, flapped at one in the first half and dropped the one for the goal. Three decent saves. My biggest problem was the kicking, which put unnecessary pressure on the rest of the team.

A thing I couldn't fathom about his performance was that last week he did a good job of decisively punching most of the balls. The two he made a hash of today should have been punched, as he was struggling to reach the ball sufficiently to make a clean catch.:faf::faf:

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2009, 08:34 PM
I like plums mate.

Haha Jock, I hope you mean of the fruit variety?

(((Fergus)))
12-12-2009, 08:35 PM
**** me, four pages already :top marks

Viva_Palmeiras
12-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Storm in an "internet tea cup"?

To what extent did things get whipped up and rumble on before the internet?

Fantastic device for devil's advocates' and wind-up merchants masquerading as devil's advocates'.

Double-edged sword methinks. But it does dilute the effectiveness and trust in the medium. Take things as gospel at your peril.

I guess the other twist is the so-called "objective" commentary from the BBC...

Can we have a "to be taken with a large pinch of salt" smiley please?

Pedants - please feel free to correct grammar no offence taken.

broomiehibs
12-12-2009, 08:44 PM
I was at the game and me and my mates amazed the ref didnt give a foul, the Hibs players didnt chase the ref tho, but im convinced he was bundled into by at least 2 Killie players

Removed
12-12-2009, 08:47 PM
I was at the game and me and my mates amazed the ref didnt give a foul, the Hibs players didnt chase the ref tho, but im convinced he was bundled into by at least 2 Killie players

But someone has already seen it on SSN and didn't post that was what they saw.

How are you so convinced? I was there and didn't see that and my vision is pretty good but mibbe I am one of those who only sees what they want to see.

jabis
12-12-2009, 08:48 PM

sorry had to laugh at that one.

Most tossers on the radio just Love to give it the "Hibs goalie cockup"guff.

NOLA
12-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Bottom line is, we've got two first-team goalkeepers vying for the gloves.

Doubtless that we've all got our preference, but as fans of Hibernian, is it not wise for us to get behind whoever is between the sticks given that they're wearing a Hibernian shirt?

Rather than attack one or the other, why not get behind both of them and will them onto a clean-sheet rather than perversely hover over the "Post New Thread" button in moist anticipation of a goalkeeping error?

I can curse Maka, and to a lesser extent Stack at times, but I'm desperate for both to succeed in a Hibernian shirt. There's an underlying tone to some of our posters who, it would seem, get quite excitable over one or the other making an error so they can ram their anti-Maka/anti-Stack down everyone's throats once more.

:top marks what he said

Danderhall Hibs

So they're Killie biased?

Pretty Boy
Just seen it on SSN and that was a mistake pure and simple. Came into a group of players, dropped the ball.

And before the uber fans start the reason i wasn't at the game was because i live in Aberdeen, it's 2 weeks before Christmas and i'm skint and i have a job which requires me to work some Saturdays. Hopefully that satisfies you.:wink:

Part/Time Supporter
12-12-2009, 08:50 PM

Funny how that never happened when Stack has been in goals. Or maybe all the commentators are biased towards him.

jabis
12-12-2009, 08:57 PM

Funny how that never happened when Stack has been in goals. Or maybe all the commentators are biased towards him.

:fishin:

can you catch plums,when fishing ?

Sorry guys,but some of the shiiiiiiiiiiiiit on this thread got me down.

We are lucky (after some dross I've seen wearing a Hibs Goalie top)to have 2 Keepers I'm happy to see playing :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
12-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Haha Jock, I hope you mean of the fruit variety?

naturally, I used to grow the Victoria variety.

jabis
12-12-2009, 09:09 PM
naturally, I used to grow the Victoria variety.

jeez...... 21st Birthday and he's on the interweb :greengrin

silverhibee
12-12-2009, 09:14 PM

It was a foul on Maka by Ford, goal should never had stood, Yogi is raging the referee never gave a foul, the highlights tomorrow will show it was a foul, and everybody can get of there high horse and stop blaming Maka as per usual.:agree:

Removed
12-12-2009, 09:20 PM
It was a foul on Maka by Ford, goal should never had stood, Yogi is raging the referee never gave a foul, the highlights tomorrow will show it was a foul, and everybody can get of there high horse and stop blaming Maka as per usual.:agree:

Are there other highlights different from Sky Sports news then :confused:

silverhibee
12-12-2009, 09:22 PM

He was fouled, but dont let that get in the way of the BBC agenda that is against Maka just now, they have a pop at him every time, saying things liker , howler, calamity, and other things.
The BBC blamed Maka for the goal, cant believe they did not think it was a foul, but better to them rather than give Maka the credit.

TornadoHibby
12-12-2009, 09:23 PM

Just as I am beginning to enjoy your posts, you come out with absolute pish like that! :confused:

You listened to the radio and at the start of this thread, which I felt that I had to bale out of as it was rapidly becoming a complete fairy story without factual foundation but with a dark overone to it, you seemed to be agreeing with me that if Craig Brown could "report" that Blobby Williamson had "brought" Colin Nish to Hibs, his "expert" view was, at least, open to challenge! :cool2:

Both him and the other guy jumped straight onto the "oh -oh, Hibs goalie throws ball into the net yet again" script and only moderated when the other guy reported that Yogi was screaming at the ref about Maka having been impeded illegally leading up to the goal! :agree:

You could be fishing :fishin: of course but why prolong this rubbish any longer? :confused: :dunno:

silverhibee
12-12-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm assuming you're at the game using your laptop? If not you have no business slagging anyone off without any evidence.

:agree::agree::top marks

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2009, 09:28 PM
I thought at the time it was another Maka blunder, but i have just seen the goal on SSN, and from that it looks like a foul.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Just as I am beginning to enjoy your posts, you come out with absolute pish like that! :confused:

You listened to the radio and at the start of this thread, which I felt that I had to bale out of as it was rapidly becoming a complete fairy story without factual foundation but with a dark overone to it, you seemed to be agreeing with me that if Craig Brown could "report" that Blobby Williamson had "brought" Colin Nish to Hibs, his "expert" view was, at least, open to challenge! :cool2:

Both him and the other guy jumped straight onto the "oh -oh, Hibs goalie throws ball into the net yet again" script and only moderated when the other guy reported that Yogi was screaming at the ref about Maka having been impeded illegally leading up to the goal! :agree:

You could be fishing :fishin: of course but why prolong this rubbish any longer? :confused: :dunno:

I didn't listen to the BBC mate - I just don't get why so many Hibs fans have a chip on their shoulder about the perceived bias against us.

TornadoHibby
12-12-2009, 09:33 PM
I didn't listen to the BBC mate - I just don't get why so many Hibs fans have a chip on their shoulder about the perceived bias against us.

You should listen to the BBC coverage now and then (check out the Maka threads from the last few weeks for commentary on how "let's focus on the Hibs goalie's howlers" from the "pundits") - it does happen whatever your view on the subject matter is IMO! :confused:

I had Xmas "duties" today so didn't make the game today but I will be at Aberdeen next week and will form my own views on what happens on the pitch etc as I normally do! :cool2:

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 09:41 PM
You should listen to the BBC coverage now and then (check out the Maka threads from the last few weeks for commentary on how "let's focus on the Hibs goalie's howlers" from the "pundits") - it does happen whatever your view on the subject matter is IMO! :confused:

I do listen to them now and then and used to go along with your opinion but then Stack started playing and the criticism stopped. I then thought well maybe they're only highlighting errors 'cos our goalies are making them!

TornadoHibby
12-12-2009, 09:45 PM
I do listen to them now and then and used to go along with your opinion but then Stack started playing and the criticism stopped. I then thought well maybe they're only highlighting errors 'cos our goalies are making them!

You definately "fooled me" :wink: earlier in this thread as I felt you were becoming impartial about the "keeper in possession" situation but here you go assisting the so far unproved case regarding today's "did he, didn't he" matter by implying that "he did"! :confused:

I've seen enough of this guff for now! :grr:

hibsbollah
12-12-2009, 09:47 PM

He's played a dozen games and not made an goal-causing mistake. It'll be interesting to see what happens when he makes his inevitable first one. My guess is he'll then become 'an accident waiting to happen' or 'latest in the long line of Hibs curse goalies' for the 'journalists' again.

silverhibee
12-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Are there other highlights different from Sky Sports news then :confused:

Yes there is, how many angles of the goal did sky show.

Toaods
12-12-2009, 09:51 PM
I remember week in, week out Mixu P getting barged off the ball left, right and centre which reached the point that McLeish spoke out at the fact referees tended not to give Mixu fouls he was due, based on the amount he gave away.

To my mind this is a media/certain supporter type similarity in that on occassions, Makalambay does get impeded but no award is given yet yer Alan Main, Alan McGregor type short-asses get fouls as soon as the wind hits them.

Perhaps Makalambay needs to start cattling some folk out the road and let it be known to opponents and the media imag-builders that he won't be taking any prisoners. He has the height and weight but perhaps relies on his height to gather some balls too confidently, forgetting the harsher side of the opponents intentions.

Goram cattled a few mugs and players visiting the penalty box for some action soon knew they were in for a hit if they wanted to play hard-ball.

scoopyboy
12-12-2009, 09:54 PM
He's played a dozen games and not made an goal-causing mistake. It'll be interesting to see what happens when he makes his inevitable first one. My guess is he'll then become 'an accident waiting to happen' or 'latest in the long line of Hibs curse goalies' for the 'journalists' again.

Are you sincerely trying to say that in his last dozen games he hasn't cost Hibs a goal?

I am relatively neutral in this ongoing Maka saga but I can't believe you have come away with the above.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Perhaps Makalambay needs to start cattling some folk out the road and let it be known to opponents and the media imag-builders that he won't be taking any prisoners. He has the height and weight but perhaps relies on his height to gather some balls in forgetting the harsher side of the opponents intentions.

:agree: That's what he should've been doing since day 1. Keepers never get fouls against them so he can get away with anything - he needs to start using his physicality.

hibsbollah
12-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Are you sincerely trying to say that in his last dozen games he hasn't cost Hibs a goal?

I am relatively neutral in this ongoing Maka saga but I can't believe you have come away with the above.

I was talking about Stack.

scoopyboy
12-12-2009, 09:58 PM
I was talking about Stack.

Oops, birthday boy having too much champagne tonight.

Sorry guv I thought you were referring to Maka.

hibsbollah
12-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Oops, birthday boy having too much champagne tonight.

Sorry guv I thought you were referring to Maka.

Happy birthday:greengrin

scoopyboy
12-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Happy birthday:greengrin

Thank you.

jabis
12-12-2009, 10:07 PM

eerrrr,if that's directed at me,I never said the BBC has a percieved bias,just that lazy commentators have already written there "calamity"guff.

then they feel obliged to use it !

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-12-2009, 10:14 PM
I remember week in, week out Mixu P getting barged off the ball left, right and centre which reached the point that McLeish spoke out at the fact referees tended not to give Mixu fouls he was due, based on the amount he gave away.

To my mind this is a media/certain supporter type similarity in that on occassions, Makalambay does get impeded but no award is given yet yer Alan Main, Alan McGregor type short-asses get fouls as soon as the wind hits them.

Perhaps Makalambay needs to start cattling some folk out the road and let it be known to opponents and the media imag-builders that he won't be taking any prisoners. He has the height and weight but perhaps relies on his height to gather some balls too confidently, forgetting the harsher side of the opponents intentions.

Goram cattled a few mugs and players visiting the penalty box for some action soon knew they were in for a hit if they wanted to play hard-ball.

Thats exactly what he needs to do :agree:

Maka could develop into a top keeper, but to do so he needs to give himself a bit of a shake and lose the awkward teenager persona and sharpen up.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 10:14 PM
[/B]

eerrrr,if that's directed at me,I never said the BBC has a percieved bias,just that lazy commentators have already written there "calamity"guff.

then they feel obliged to use it !

Not at you - directed at everyone that claims the media are out to get us.

ArabHibee
12-12-2009, 10:17 PM
I was there and it was a clear foul. Three games in a row for Maka without losing. Seven points out of nine! With the number of corners and crosses they had we would have been mullered with Static in goals.:agree:

How anyone, who was at the game, sitting in the away end, can say, without a shadow of a doubt, whether Maka was fouled or not at Killie's goal is beyond me. Did you have binoculars with you or something?

Just because Yogi is going mental doesn't mean its a foul. He's at the halfway line - may not have had a clear view? TV footage will tell us better, until I have seen it I will reserve judgement.

Maka did have a very good save in the first half though.

Toaods
12-12-2009, 10:18 PM

I don't think the media are out to get us, I just think they are simply weighted heavily in favour of the gruesome twosome with all others mere easy targets to get wide with.

Hibercelona
12-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Some people telling a Hibs player to GTF? :bitchy:

Haven't seen what happened myself yet, so I will reserve judgement on the situation.

Even if it does turn out to be a complete howler, telling anyone that plays for our colours to GTF is a disgrace!

woodythehibee
12-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Some people telling a Hibs player to GTF? :bitchy:

Haven't seen what happened myself yet, so I will reserve judgement on the situation.

Even if it does turn out to be a complete howler, telling anyone that plays for our colours to GTF is a disgrace!

exactly :agree:

sy fi baberton
12-12-2009, 10:30 PM
he is brutal!!

Gatecrasher
12-12-2009, 10:31 PM

A bit like making fun of the yams because some of them think the sfa is out to get them :devil:

sy fi baberton
12-12-2009, 10:37 PM
:agree: That's what he should've been doing since day 1. Keepers never get fouls against them so he can get away with anything - he needs to start using his physicality.
he has to go...not good enough.:confused:

sy fi baberton
12-12-2009, 10:45 PM
How anyone, who was at the game, sitting in the away end, can say, without a shadow of a doubt, whether Maka was fouled or not at Killie's goal is beyond me. Did you have binoculars with you or something?

Just because Yogi is going mental doesn't mean its a foul. He's at the halfway line - may not have had a clear view? TV footage will tell us better, until I have seen it I will reserve judgement.

its a game of two halfs.schoolboy errors.every time we face any sort of piece its scary.new contract ur having a laugh!!:confused::bitchy::bitchy:

Toaods
12-12-2009, 10:47 PM
he has to go...not good enough.:confused:

he has to :agree: , or your not sure.......:confused::confused::confused:

Hibercelona
12-12-2009, 10:49 PM
its a game of two halfs.schoolboy errors.every time we face any sort of piece its scary.new contract ur having a laugh!!:confused::bitchy::bitchy:

sy fi baberton
12-12-2009, 10:50 PM
the guy is no good!!who do you blame then?:bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2009, 10:52 PM

He was fouled for the goal, i blame the ref for not giving a foul. :confused:

ArabHibee
12-12-2009, 10:53 PM

Sorry, you're post above has no relevance to what I posted and you quoted. Do you want to try again?

BigKev
12-12-2009, 10:55 PM
He was fouled for the goal, i blame the ref for not giving a foul. :confused:

You seen it on the telly?

If you canny hold a ball under the slightest pressure then you'll never make it.

If I selt the ball like he did for their goal on a Sunday I'd be chastised all day long.

The boy's a chicken hearted pussy.

Get him tae f***

sleeping giant
12-12-2009, 10:57 PM

If you canny hold a ball under the slightest pressure then you'll never make it.

If I selt the ball like he did for their goal on a Sunday I'd be chastised all day long.

Get him tae f***

Dinny you muck about now BigKev. Just tell us what you f****** think !

silverhibee
12-12-2009, 10:58 PM

Read my post and you will see who i blame, and its not Maka, Ford for the foul and the ref for not giving it.:grr:

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 10:59 PM

Get him tae f***

Just seen it on the telly and I don't think there was enough in it for him to drop it. He may well have been touched but not enough to make him drop the ball.

Incidentally SSN also called it a blunder - maybe they've got an agenda against us as well as the weegie media?

Toaods
12-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Just seen it on the telly and I don't think there was enough in it for him to drop it. He may well have been touched but not enough to make him drop the ball.

Incidentally SSN also called it a blunder - maybe they've got an agenda against us as well as the weegie media?

what SSN 'expert' was it?

Jim White or one of the other autocue wizzards?

jabis
12-12-2009, 11:06 PM

excellent :bitchy: The Maka :bitchy: haters :confused: have got a spokesman :faf::bitchy::confused:

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2009, 11:10 PM

Get him tae f***

I dont rate Maka that highly, i prefer stack, i thought at the time it was a blunder, but having seen it again on the news, i think he was fouled, was it enough to make him drop it, it seems it was. I have only seen it from one angle, and i wont blame him for this one.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 11:12 PM
what SSN 'expert' was it?

Jim White or one of the other autocue wizzards?

One of the others - English guy, short hair, no axe to grind against Hibs.

Why do you think everyone on the outside are saying it's a blunder?

Nailrod
12-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Nearly midnight and this jambo's posts are still up? Well, I suppose it's a sign of how tolerant we are of the big team in the relegation zone.

See the game last week against Hamilton? MacDonald made an appalling error of judgement on a free kick and was in the process of falling on his kite into the back of the net with the ball in his hands when he was bumped by a Hamilton player. Ref gave a foul - pity the Hamilton player hadn't stood off, for what would have been one of the goals of the century. If I were you I would focus on your own team's keeper and not worry over much about ours.

jabis
12-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Nearly midnight and this jambo's posts are still up? Well, I suppose it's a sign of how tolerant we are of the big team in the relegation zone...

:bitchy:

......as for me ..........:faf:

TornadoHibby
12-12-2009, 11:19 PM

You have to have slipped on here somehow from Yakback surely!? :grr:

I'm sure one of the pedants will be on shortly to pull you up for your (very poor :wink:) grammar! :cool2:

Do you go to Hibs matches other than when your lot are involved or are you a radio listening fan like so any on here it seems!? :confused:

LTYF! :agree:

Newhaven
12-12-2009, 11:21 PM
He's a trier but Makalamby doesn't deserve a new contract and should hopefully go in January. You can see on this board how much debate he causes (210 posts in 6 hours) and even the most staunchest of his backers (excluding Hibs 'Deluded' Spain) are getting tired of his excuses, blunders, etc. He may be a 'cool' guy and a 'cult' hero but in a season when were right up there challenging we cannot afford passengers prone to his lack of concentration or judgement.

Yogi's already showed us that by bringing in Stack he has an eye for a reliable keeper. Not to mention replacing Marshall with Scott Thomson as goalkeeping coach. Fingers crossed that the scouting team are on the lookout for a new keeper.

Thanks Yves but almost 2 and a half years into your time at the club and were still expected to be patient or to give you another chance is unexcuseable.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 11:23 PM
He's a trier but Makalamby doesn't deserve a new contract and should hopefully go in January. You can see on this board how much debate he causes (210 posts in 6 hours) and even the most staunchest of his backers (excluding Hibs 'Deluded' Spain) are getting tired of his excuses, blunders, etc. He may be a 'cool' guy and a 'cult' hero but in a season when were right up there challenging we cannot afford passengers prone to his lack of concentration or judgement.

Yogi's already showed us that by bringing in Stack he has an eye for a reliable keeper. Not to mention replacing Marshall with Scott Thomson as goalkeeping coach. Fingers crossed that the scouting team are on the lookout for a new keeper.

Thanks Yves but almost 2 and a half years into your time at the club and were still expected to be patient or to give you another chance is unexcuseable.

Unfortunately it seems even the new coach can't sort out his problems.

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2009, 11:25 PM

Marshall must go. :wink:

Newhaven
12-12-2009, 11:26 PM

True DH.

Hopefully he's spoken to Yogi about it and his days are numbered

Newhaven
12-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Marshall must go. :wink:

Thank the lord he did :wink:

jabis
12-12-2009, 11:28 PM

soooooo....... if he gives Maka a new contract,you'll admit that MAYBE...just MAYBE.......Yogi knows more than you ? :greengrin

As an aside ,what's Lockies like now ?

bawheid
12-12-2009, 11:29 PM
One of the others - English guy, short hair, no axe to grind against Hibs.

Maybe they picked up the BBC's blunder take on things and ran with it? Would Sky have a reporter at the game?

I'm not saying the media are out to get Hibs, that would just be paranoid. But they do enjoy a good "Hibs keeper blunder" story, and I'm sure they were sharpening their pencils with glee in the press box when the goal went in. They would definitely have been discussing it amongst themselves.

Stack's not made any glaring errors yet, but he will, because all goalkeepers do at some point. When he does you can be guaranteed the media will be all over it with the Hibs-and-goalkeepers story. As has been pointed out, other high profile goalies have made several howlers recently.

I like Stack, I like Maka. Both decent keepers IMO. It doesn't bother me who's between the sticks as long as the unbeaten run continues.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Maybe they picked up the BBC's blunder take on things and ran with it? Would Sky have a reporter at the game?

I don't know if they had a reporter at the game. I'd like to think that given the fact they're showing the goals they've made their own minds up about it and not been led by the BBC radio guys!

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Thank the lord he did :wink:

Well he never worked with Stack, and Maka's no different to when he was. The problems never been with the goalkeeping coach, you are just looking for a scapegoat.:devil:

jabis
12-12-2009, 11:36 PM

I'm not saying the media are out to get Hibs, that would just be paranoid. But they do enjoy a good "Hibs keeper blunder" story, and I'm sure they were sharpening their pencils with glee in the press box when the goal went in. They would definitely have been discussing it amongst themselves.

Stack's not made any glaring errors yet, but he will, because all goalkeepers do at some point. When he does you can be guaranteed the media will be all over it with the Hibs-and-goalkeepers story. As has been pointed out, other high profile goalies have made several howlers recently.

I like Stack, I like Maka. Both decent keepers IMO. It doesn't bother me who's between the sticks as long as the unbeaten run continues.

:top marks cheers !

Newhaven
12-12-2009, 11:37 PM
what's Lockies like now ?

An absolute disgrace :grr: Newhaven is like a battlezone just now with roadworks and traffic.

Even the Prom is up for sale :boo hoo:

bawheid
12-12-2009, 11:37 PM
I don't know if they had a reporter at the game. I'd like to think that given the fact they're showing the goals they've made their own minds up about it and not been led by the BBC radio guys!

The guys presenting on SSN know hee-haw about football. Just a suit reading an autocue.

I still haven't seen it yet btw so no idea if it was a howler or not. Some still seem to think he was fouled. Some saying he should have held it.

Anyway, not really wanting to get involved in the weekly Maka debate as it got boring long ago, so I'll bow out now.:greengrin

Some like him, some don't. If Hughes keeps picking him I'm happy with that, if he chooses Stack next week then that's fine too.

Newhaven
12-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Well he never worked with Stack, and Maka's no different to when he was. The problems never been with the goalkeeping coach, you are just looking for a scapegoat:devil:

:faf::faf::faf:

jabis
12-12-2009, 11:41 PM
An absolute disgrace :grr: Newhaven is like a battlezone just now with roadworks and traffic.

Even the Prom is up for sale :boo hoo:

God Bless the Harbour Inn !

Give's a shout if your in anytime :thumbsup:

:cb <<<<<<me !

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 11:42 PM
The guys presenting on SSN know hee-haw about football. Just a suit reading an autocue.

The guy writing the autocue must've watched the goal before calling it a blunder? I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have had time to listen to open all mikes this afternoon to help him write his script! :greengrin

Should we disagree with their point of view 'cos they know nothing about football and ignore the ex-players now pundits on Radio Scotland 'cos they know nothing about football?

Basically ignore everyone if they disagree with what we want to believe?

Gmack7
12-12-2009, 11:43 PM
it looked like a bad mistake from the tv clip,yogi may have been going nuts but not to many of the players on the park were

lyonhibs
12-12-2009, 11:50 PM

Oh dearie me - you just don't do irony do you???

I like Maka, though the man gives me heart palpitations at least once every other game.

But his kicking - overall - is horrendous, and always has been.

bawheid
12-12-2009, 11:59 PM
The guy writing the autocue must've watched the goal before calling it a blunder? I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have had time to listen to open all mikes this afternoon to help him write his script! :greengrin

Who's Mike? :greengrin

Yeah he probably watched the goal, and he'll have got a right hard-on knowing he could trot out a Makalamity line. Probably didn't consider whether it might have been a foul. As I said, still not seen it so don't know if it was or it wasn't.

Seems like a good plan to me. :stickfingersinearslalalalalasmiley: :greengrin

Saorsa
13-12-2009, 12:06 AM
On the whole his goal kicks are as near perfect as you can get.You're obviously at the wind up.Just a ridiculous comment which is insupportable..:yawn:

I like Maka, though the man gives me heart palpitations at least once every other game.

But his kicking - overall - is horrendous, and always has been.I cannae believe that you or anybody else with half a brain still replies tae the plum above and give him the attention he so obviously craves, some people are best ignored, he is most definitely on of them :agree:

Toaods
13-12-2009, 12:08 AM

same reason that lmost every newspaper/media reoprting station will tell you Tiger Woods has allegedly been a naughty boy. I think they call it runing with the pack.

Removed
13-12-2009, 12:09 AM

I cannae believe that you or anybody else with half a brain still replies tae the plum above and give him the attention he so obviously craves, some people are best ignored, he is most definitely on of them :agree:

:faf: But an indirect quote is ok though :greengrin

Toaods
13-12-2009, 12:12 AM
...off topic, had to take Wee Toaods to The Gyle today to get Mrs T's Xmas pressie sorted amongst others. Strolling through the main throrughfare and who was waiting on his daughter having her face painted? Ian Westwater.

Looked in good condition ..anyone know what he's up to these days?

Hibs Spain
13-12-2009, 12:18 AM

But his kicking - overall - is horrendous, and always has been.This has always been his downfall..Probably why he's ended up with us ..

lyonhibs
13-12-2009, 12:32 AM
This has always been his downfall..Probably why he's ended up with us ..

But you just said his kicking was "nearly perfect"???? :dizzy:

I give up......................... :confused:

GlesgaeHibby
13-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Been out all night so couldn't reply. Firstly, apologies for what was a knee jerk reaction to the goal earlier. I'm not a fan of Maka, never have been, would love to be. When at games, however he always has my support, like any other hibs player does, for the full 90 mins.

I've had the chance to see the goal on SSN and there is no way that he was fouled. Keepers get far too much protection these days, and both were challenging for a ball that was there to be won.

I find it hard to believe that so many were laying into Zibi, Brown and McNeil for making a similar amount of clangers as Makalambay has, yet Maka is still regarded as ok. I realise he is a tremendous shot stopper, however his decision making is woeful. Even Simon Brown had some good games for us, he had an amazing game against Dundee Utd before he chucked two in against Rangers in the next game.

It's clear Maka polarises supporter opinion into love him or think he's hopeless. I'm sorry that my OP has started a 6 page thread that's really got us nowhere.

lyonhibs
13-12-2009, 01:46 AM
Been out all night so couldn't reply. Firstly, apologies for what was a knee jerk reaction to the goal earlier. I'm not a fan of Maka, never have been, would love to be. When at games, however he always has my support, like any other hibs player does, for the full 90 mins.

I've had the chance to see the goal on SSN and there is no way that he was fouled. Keepers get far too much protection these days, and both were challenging for a ball that was there to be won.

I find it hard to believe that so many were laying into Zibi, Brown and McNeil for making a similar amount of clangers as Makalambay has, yet Maka is still regarded as ok. I realise he is a tremendous shot stopper, however his decision making is woeful. Even Simon Brown had some good games for us, he had an amazing game against Dundee Utd before he chucked two in against Rangers in the next game.

It's clear Maka polarises supporter opinion into love him or think he's hopeless. I'm sorry that my OP has started a 6 page thread that's really got us knowhere.

With spelling like that, is it any surprise that this thread has achieved nothing?? :grr: :grr:
:devil:

Nailrod
13-12-2009, 02:45 AM

Should we disagree with their point of view 'cos they know nothing about football and ignore the ex-players now pundits on Radio Scotland 'cos they know nothing about football?

Come on DH you're starting to sound like a record with the needle stuck. Here's a sample of BBC radio from last week's game - it was at this point that I binned their coverage.

30 mins into the game and a Motherwell corner:

"Corner goes in... Makalambay flaps at the ball... and makes good contact!"

HTF do you "flap at a ball... and make good contact"? Surely the very essence of flapping at a ball is that you don't make good contact?

The media pundits are just as opinionated, biased, and sheep-like as any fan posting on an internet forum. The difference is that most of them -particularly the TV guys - are as thick as whale***** into the bargain. On a different tack, try reading the SoS headline - Inconsistent Ma-Kalambay gifts Kilmarnock share of the points - and ask yourself whether it might be even a teensy-weensy bit influenced by the fact that the Sports Editor and Assistant Sports Editor are both jambos.

Please don't come back and post on this thread until your "Naive, me" pill has worn off. :wink:

Nailrod
13-12-2009, 02:48 AM
With spelling like that, is it any surprise that this thread has achieved nothing?? :grr: :grr:
:devil:

Don't want to appear pedantic, but shouldn't that be "achieved knuthing"?

HONG KONG PHOOEY
13-12-2009, 03:31 AM
i like maka as a person but he is NOT a good keeper. Let him find a club that he will do a average job for for. We can find a back up for Stack and move on.

hibsbollah
13-12-2009, 09:14 AM

It's clear Maka polarises supporter opinion into love him or think he's hopeless. I'm sorry that my OP has started a 6 page thread that's really got us nowhere.

To be honest your 'opinions' have no credibility at all anymore:bye:

Danderhall Hibs
13-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Come on DH you're starting to sound like a record with the needle stuck. Here's a sample of BBC radio from last week's game - it was at this point that I binned their coverage.

30 mins into the game and a Motherwell corner:

"Corner goes in... Makalambay flaps at the ball... and makes good contact!"

HTF do you "flap at a ball... and make good contact"? Surely the very essence of flapping at a ball is that you don't make good contact?

The media pundits are just as opinionated, biased, and sheep-like as any fan posting on an internet forum. The difference is that most of them -particularly the TV guys - are as thick as whale***** into the bargain. On a different tack, try reading the SoS headline - Inconsistent Ma-Kalambay gifts Kilmarnock share of the points - and ask yourself whether it might be even a teensy-weensy bit influenced by the fact that the Sports Editor and Assistant Sports Editor are both jambos.

Please don't come back and post on this thread until your "Naive, me" pill has worn off. :wink:

The Sunday Times also appear to have an agenda against Hibs and/or Maka - "Stokes saves Ma-Kalambay's blushes"

Are they really all plotting against us? Or is he maybe just inconsistent and not good enough? After all they've not been criticising Stack.

I think this paranoia is getting ridiculous now - it all started with the Daily Record now it's every single media organisation out there - TV, radio and both tabloid and broadsheet newspapers. I don't think I'm being naive just looking at things objectively.

Maybe any Hibby journalists that post on here can clear up whether or not they're told to pick on Hibs/Maka to undermine our ambitions?

forthhibby
13-12-2009, 09:33 AM

that's exactly how i seen in from SSN highlights, you can see fords arm trailing as he pulls at maka

greenlex
13-12-2009, 09:35 AM
The Sunday Times also appear to have an agenda against Hibs and/or Maka - "Stokes saves Ma-Kalambay's blushes"

Are they really all plotting against us? Or is he maybe just inconsistent and not good enough? After all they've not been criticising Stack.

I think this paranoia is getting ridiculous now - it all started with the Daily Record now it's every single media organisation out there - TV, radio and both tabloid and broadsheet newspapers. I don't think I'm being naive just looking at things objectively.

Maybe any Hibby journalists that post on here can clear up whether or not they're told to pick on Hibs/Maka to undermine our ambitions?
You could be right D. However I also think it is all too easy for a hack to be lazy and follow the rest. If the BBC start it and keep it going it is easy for them to be influenced rather than have an opinion borne out of what the actually see rather than what others are reporting.
I was at the game yesterday and at the time thought there might have been a case for a free kick but obviously the vast majority of us were up the other end so it was hard to call. The fact the players didn't react for me is usually the tell tale sign that Maka wasnt fouled.

Part/Time Supporter
13-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Whether it was technically a foul or not is immaterial IMO. He should have punched the ball, as it was too risky to attempt a catch.

GlesgaeHibby
13-12-2009, 09:45 AM

The BBC commentary for the game (for once) yesterday was by Liam McLeod instead of the anti Hibs lot (Preston, Mitchell etc). He's usually a pretty objective commentator, and has praised Makalambay in the past. Just watch his commentary on the Motherwell game last week, he gets pretty excited at Maka's excellent point blank save at 1-0. That's why I took it at face value, if it had been another commentator I would have been more sceptical.

The west coast tabloids and some BBC reporters have it in for him, but to say that it extends to the whole media, including quality Sunday papers is pushing it a bit far.