PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Clubs after Deek apparently?

Westie1875
11-12-2009, 06:42 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5765412,00.html

Looks like pure speculation to me as there are no quotes from anyone.

Broken Gnome
11-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Inevitable that some clubs will show an interest. If there was no potential offers then he wouldn't be impressing anyone, and bringing him back would ultimately have been something of a failure. He's worked his @rse off and we're getting the best of him, so we'll just need to deal with it.

He does owe Hibs to some extent, at the very least he should be signing a new contract.

Baw187
11-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Hibs would be loath to lose their star performer as they look to maintain their title bid, but they could face a fight to keep hold of him if one of Riordan's suitors make a firm bid for his services.

Yes, very good.

I would be unhappy if I was to wake up one day and find my bobby had turned in to a vagina but I could wear a nice wee thong if some wench I upset were to cast that spell on me.

Seriously, what is the point in a story that is sheer speculation??

anon1
11-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Riordan and Hibs go together like Jam and Toast. Couldn't really see him leaving Edinburgh... Kind of a similar situation to Kris Boyd and the Huns imo..

Hibercelona
11-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Derek will move on. Just not yet.

marinello59
11-12-2009, 06:58 PM
It would be amazing if there wasn't interest in Deeks from elsewhere. It's a by product of our success so far this season of which he is a key component. We should brace ourselves for a run of these "stories" between now and the close of the next transfer window. It doesn't mean anybody will be going anywhere though.

GGTTH

ancient hibee
11-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Middlesborough are after him.

scoopyboy
11-12-2009, 07:11 PM

bluff

ancient hibee
11-12-2009, 07:12 PM
bluff

Coogan's

lyonhibs

So are Cargo, Shanghai, The Voodoo Rooms and Faith but that's not making it into the paper :greengrin

Honestly, never before have so many ambigous, non-commital words been used in one transfer "exclusive".

Woody1985

:greengrin

Westie1875

:faf::faf:

silverhibee
11-12-2009, 07:13 PM

:faf::wink:

ancient hibee
11-12-2009, 07:13 PM
So are Cargo, Shanghai, The Voodoo Rooms and Faith but that's not making it into the paper :greengrin

Honestly, never before have so many ambigous, non-commital words been used in one transfer "exclusive".
Middlesborough will get him because of his close personal relationship with the manager.

Andy74
11-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Yes, very good.

I would be unhappy if I was to wake up one day and find my bobby had turned in to a vagina but I could wear a nice wee thong if some wench I upset were to cast that spell on me.

You saying that didn't happen?

sixtwo
11-12-2009, 07:44 PM
The boy is a legend. I'm delighted every time he pulls on a hibs shirt and I hope he does the business for us for years to come. I'm sure lessons will be learned (from both sides) and he will sign an extension. If he does move on, hopefully it will be after some success and he will generate a decent fee.
Well done deeks. Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
11-12-2009, 07:55 PM
The boy is a legend. I'm delighted every time he pulls on a hibs shirt and I hope he does the business for us for years to come. I'm sure lessons will be learned (from both sides) and he will sign an extension. If he does move on, hopefully it will be after some success and he will generate a decent fee.
Well done deeks. Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

:agree:

Scores goals
Kisses the badge
Winds up the yams

All hail King Deek. :not worth

Baw187
11-12-2009, 07:59 PM

I might have made up the part about it being a spell. It actually cost a wee bit in surgery.:agree:

Bostonhibby
11-12-2009, 07:59 PM

Why? he's not been in bother on Teesside as well surely?:wink:

greenlex
11-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Yes, very good.

I heard it did and we have to start caller him........errr...her Fanny187 :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
11-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Riordan and Hibs go together like Jam and Toast. Couldn't really see him leaving Edinburgh... Kind of a similar situation to Kris Boyd and the Huns imo..

Keep the laddie sweet when wages negotiations come around and lets enjoy him in Green and White for the rest of his career.

Kevvy1875
11-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Deeks is a homebird and has rejected advance's from Kaiserslauten, Lokimotiv and Cardiff in the past. All would have offered far superior wages to Hibs but he didn't go....why? Homebird. The move an hours journey along the M8 wasn't to bad for him....we all know that won't happen again tho'......I predict Deeks seeing out his career at ER unless he grows a desire to move away from home, i dont see it tho'

monktonharp
11-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Yes, very good.

Seriously, what is the point in a story that is sheer speculation??yours is only the 2nd post i've read............and sums it up brilliantly! a f/kin' non story if ever there was one.DR has 18 months remaining on his contract,is playing some of his best fitba' ever,his team are going along nicely .................but wait a minute,both his manager and chairman are idiots,I know,let's upset the applecart and see if we can engineer a move. total bollocks IMHO.

.Sean.
12-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Deeks is a homebird and has rejected advance's from Kaiserslauten, Lokimotiv and Cardiff in the past. All would have offered far superior wages to Hibs but he didn't go....why? Homebird.The move an hours journey along the M8 wasn't to bad for him....we all know that won't happen again tho'......I predict Deeks seeing out his career at ER unless he grows a desire to move away from home, i dont see it tho'

:agree: Can't really add to that mate.

johnbc70
12-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Football is a short career. I am not sure how much money he made at Celtic but he might be looking for one last pay day to make sure his long term future is secure.

Deeks is never going to be one of these players who keeps playing at a high level into thier mid to late 30's. Maybe he can move back into midfield when he hits 30 but I cannot see him banging in the goals when he is 35! Therefore I reckon he is sensible enough to know at 26 he needs one more big move to set him up for the rest of his life.

Jim44
12-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Lazy journalism at it's best. You could replace Riordan's name and the 'interested clubs' by a thousand others and the article would still hold the same value.................zilch.

BT58
12-12-2009, 09:59 AM
daily ranger is stating hibs/deeks getting offers from lokomotive[again]
hertha berlin,panathaniakos+ some cypriot mob
hope he stays till the season ends
hb

Baw187
12-12-2009, 10:06 AM
daily ranger is stating hibs/deeks getting offers from lokomotive[again]
hertha berlin,panathaniakos+ some cypriot mob
hope he stays till the season ends
hb

There's no danger he'll go abroad. As someone said earlier, he's supposed to be a hombird and would struggle to move south never mind abroad.

Heard from a source that has ties close to Deek, that he asked his mates to move down south with him when offers came in previously and he'd pay them a wage. When they said they couldn't, he ended up signing for Celtic.

Could be baws but I was told that and it seems to fall in place with what others are saying.

Onceinawhile
12-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Record are clearly getting worried:agree:

H18sry
12-12-2009, 10:24 AM

:confused: Why?

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 11:42 AM

:confused: Why?

All part of the campaign foor us not to win the league or something! Just non-OF team paranoia.

Hibs90
12-12-2009, 11:50 AM
My Deekos going nowhere. :agree:

silverhibee
12-12-2009, 08:55 PM

:agree: Can't really add to that mate.

I can, but wont.

silverhibee
12-12-2009, 08:59 PM
There's no danger he'll go abroad. As someone said earlier, he's supposed to be a hombird and would struggle to move south never mind abroad.

Heard from a source that has ties close to Deek, that he asked his mates to move down south with him when offers came in previously and he'd pay them a wage. When they said they couldn't, he ended up signing for Celtic.

Could be baws but I was told that and it seems to fall in place with what others are saying.

As you said BAWS, the lot of it.:yawn::yawn:

silverhibee
12-12-2009, 09:01 PM
My Deekos going nowhere. :agree:

Apart from Southampton.:thumbsup::faf:

Petrie's Tache
12-12-2009, 09:05 PM
For me I think Deek has a move in him yet. That said a tidy signing on fee from us with a few more squid a week and you never know. If he does leave however, it will be on good terms and I do think he would come back.

Riordans Boots
13-12-2009, 12:22 AM
For me I think Deek has a move in him yet. A HOUSE one :dunno::greengrin That said a tidy signing on fee from us with a few more squid a week and you never know. If he does leave however, it will be on good terms and I do think he would come back.

All joking aside PT -As much as I dread the thought of Hibs without DR, I'm certain he will have a last move for better money and hopefully come back to us and his beloved team to end his career :pray:

Petrie's Tache
13-12-2009, 12:47 AM
All joking aside PT -As much as I dread the thought of Hibs without DR, I'm certain he will have a last move for better money and hopefully come back to us and his beloved team to end his career :pray:

Wee Airdrie jambo agrees:agree:

Toaods
13-12-2009, 01:23 AM
That they wish Deek played for them.

Remeber when he was rumoured to be leaving Celtic and the YAms believed they owned a wealthy bank :faf:. I remeber reading that they were going to move in and take one of our own because of the BIGTEAM wages they could afford to pay. Some of them weren't too chuffed at the thought of it but soon joined on the rumour he was on his way.:vladsheep:

Look at them now, half them can't remember what a goal is...

....:hahaha::lolyam:

:tee hee:

Forza Fred
13-12-2009, 03:49 AM

This is as you say, absolute baws.

Deek was never goin far from Edinburgh because of a family illness at the time that mean he wanted to stay very close to Edinbuirgh..

Not that this would suit the medias perception of him as a 'dinnae give a ****' kind of individual.

Jim McArthur his agent, is no doubt upping the ante/rumour as Deeks' contract winds down...exactly as you would expect from any agent./player

will Deeks move on?

Probably, but not assuredly.

hibiedude
13-12-2009, 09:02 AM
People with great footballing talent attract attention' you don't need to watch sky sports to work that out.

R01rdan will move at some stage in his career but it won't be in January or next summer.

Wilson
13-12-2009, 12:33 PM

Jam and toast??!! :bitchy::jamboak:

You might as well have said sausages and custard or a roll and s***e. Don't you think they go together at all??

Jam and toast!!

Butter and toast maybe.

Whatever. He belongs at Hibs.

silverhibee
13-12-2009, 01:01 PM

Deek was never goin far from Edinburgh because of a family illness at the time that mean he wanted to stay very close to Edinbuirgh..

Not that this would suit the medias perception of him as a 'dinnae give a ****' kind of individual.

Jim McArthur his agent, is no doubt upping the ante/rumour as Deeks' contract winds down...exactly as you would expect from any agent./player

will Deeks move on?

:agree: :top marks.

Baw187
13-12-2009, 01:41 PM
As you said BAWS, the lot of it.:yawn::yawn:

will Deeks move on?

Thought it might of been keek. Boy that told me was a yam so should have expected it!:greengrin

Bad Martini
14-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Aw pish. He's gon naewhere except, perhaps, up in most people's estimations....he's still scoring goals AND doing all this stuff folk wanted the first time roond...what mair could anyone want? Apart fi a hattrick at Ibrox, of course but then am a greedy bassa.....:greengrin

ENDOF

anon1
14-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm sure Mr Davies has his eye on Riordan to help our Premiership title bid next season! :wink:

Petrie's Tache
14-12-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm sure Mr Davies has his eye on Riordan to help our Premiership title bid next season! :wink:

Just a shame you couldn't aford him eh!:wink:

anon1
14-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Just a shame you couldn't aford him eh!:wink:

I'm sure Mr Doughty has enough change in his pocket :greengrin

anon1
14-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Jam and toast??!! :bitchy::jamboak:

You might as well have said sausages and custard or a roll and s***e. Don't you think they go together at all??

Jam and toast!!

Butter and toast maybe.

Whatever. He belongs at Hibs.

:blah: uh-huh? Should I have said toast and jam then? Or did you get lost somewhere in the 19th century?