PDA

View Full Version : Jim Gannon--Shabby Laszlo

lucky
11-12-2009, 05:32 PM
These two SPL manager are have brought Scottish football in disrepute with their allegations against referee's. The ref's in Scotland this season have been poor but not worse than the standard of player. If players stopped diving and pulling shirts the refs would have a better chance of calling the right decisions. The way they have behaved is just dragging the game further down. It effects sponsors and attendances by constantly talking about how poor everything in the game is.

For me Jim Gannon and Shabby Laszlo are two cheeks of the one arse.

hibee_nation
11-12-2009, 06:11 PM
These two SPL manager are have brought Scottish football in distribute with their allegations against referee's. The ref's in Scotland this season have been poor but not worse than the standard of player. If players stopped diving and pulling shirts the refs would have a better chance of calling the right decisions. The way they have behaved is just dragging the game further down. It effects sponsors and attendances by constantly talking about how poor everything in the game is.

I blame DHL myself like. :rolleyes:

lucky
11-12-2009, 06:16 PM
:thumbsup:

why thank you my little English teacher. I promise to bring an apple to the next match :greengrin

marinello59
11-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Gannon seems to want to pick fights with everybody he can. Strange, strange man.
Shabby is trying to deflect attention from the fact that discipline at his shambolic club has long been a problem. I doubt that the SFA will give either of them much attention other than to hand out a large fine for talking complete and utter bollox.

PISTOL1875
11-12-2009, 07:11 PM
These two SPL manager are have brought Scottish football in disrepute with their allegations against referee's. The ref's in Scotland this season have been poor but not worse than the standard of player. If players stopped diving and pulling shirts the refs would have a better chance of calling the right decisions. The way they have behaved is just dragging the game further down. It effects sponsors and attendances by constantly talking about how poor everything in the game is.

I think they are spot on.. The ref's are crap.. If they don't say anything about it , then nothing will get done.. They aren't asking for much but what they are asking for is that ref's get the big calls correct..

marinello59
11-12-2009, 07:17 PM
I think they are spot on.. The ref's are crap.. If they don't say anything about it , then nothing will get done.. They aren't asking for much but what they are asking for is that ref's get the big calls correct..

Do you think they are worse than in years gone by? Think Freeland, Dougal etc etc etc. There seems to be a bigger tendency at the moment for managers to whinge about the ref rather than take a good hard look at themselves.
Think McGhee trying to deflect attention from his bully boy tactics at ER and blaming the ref. Replay the headline incidents and the ref is generally found to have called most things correctly. Still, if they all shout loudly enough it must be true.

ancient hibee
11-12-2009, 07:18 PM
An example of how difficult it is-when Swanson got sent off the Motherwell player rolled over after the tackle clutching his legs-when the ref reached for his cards he got to his feet without attention.The ref doesn't get a second look.When there were all the (11?)cards in the Rangers/Killie?game the ref got pelters when the video was looked at 10 were justified.

PISTOL1875
11-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Do you think they are worse than in years gone by? Think Freeland, Dougal etc etc etc. There seems to be a bigger tendency at the moment for managers to whinge about the ref rather than take a good hard look at themselves.
Think McGhee trying to deflect attention from his bully boy tactics at ER and blaming the ref. Replay the headline incidents and the ref is generally found to have called most things correctly. Still, if they all shout loudly enough it must be true.

They can't all be wrong.. Some of the calls have been nothing short of terrible this season... The biggest problem is that the ref's have never played the game and they don't understand what it's like being a player..

Stewart's red card was nothing short of stupidity which comes through frustration at how Hertz were playing last Sunday... If the ref had played the game then he would understand this and maybe he could've seen it from the players angle....

Look at Deek and the Motherwell defender being booked last Saturday.. The incident was nothing but Brines decided to get his 10pence in and book both players.. Wouldn't a chat to both players calm everything down and then a booking could've been avoided ???

jgl07
11-12-2009, 09:48 PM
I blame Rod Petrie.

clerriehibs
11-12-2009, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=PISTOL1875;2271553]

Stewart's red card was nothing short of stupidity which comes through frustration at how Hertz were playing last Sunday... If the ref had played the game then he would understand this and maybe he could've seen it from the players angle....

QUOTE]

eh, your tongue is surely firmly in your cheek? You don't seriously propose you take a player's feelings into account when deciding what punishment he deserves? If so, that's utter nonsense; you break the rules, you take the punishment. Some hot head gets frustrated, so he's allowed to lash out a bit, the poor lamb?

PISTOL1875
11-12-2009, 09:58 PM
It's an often trotted out phrase and maybe right, but then players, managers and fans in the main have never been trained as referees.

Yeah but players , managers and fans have played the game and understand what it's like.. Referees have good jobs like lawyers , accountants etc and have no knowledge what players go through on the park...

PISTOL1875
11-12-2009, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=PISTOL1875;2271553]

QUOTE]

eh, your tongue is surely firmly in your cheek? You don't seriously propose you take a player's feelings into account when deciding what punishment he deserves? If so, that's utter nonsense; you break the rules, you take the punishment. Some hot head gets frustrated, so he's allowed to lash out a bit, the poor lamb?

Emotions run high in football.. If a team isn't playing well and things aren't going well and the game is starting to boil over a bit , surely calming the situation down and diffusing the incident is better than handing out cards all over the place.. Being card happy will just make things worse...

monktonharp
11-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Yeah but players , managers and fans have played the game and understand what it's like.. Referees have good jobs like lawyers , accountants etc and have no knowledge what players go through on the park...:yawn:are you joking?the refs today are under more scrutiny than ever before. some of them stop the game for trifling things,agreed. but when it comes to major descisions they are not far off the mark.the descisions at OF GROUNDS used to be a home banker and a given. more and more these ones are not too bad. in 1979, 3mins to go,in the SC final a stonewall penalty to HFC was denied against der hun . I'd expect us to have got that penalty ,these days. btw, it was nil nil.:rolleyes:

TheMentalHibees
11-12-2009, 10:20 PM
I blame Rod Petrie.

PETRIE :grr:

littleplum
11-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Yeah but players , managers and fans have played the game and understand what it's like.. Referees have good jobs like lawyers , accountants etc and have no knowledge what players go through on the park...

Like them or not but folk become refs because they love the game. Few at the top level have paid anything higher than juniors but to say they don't understand the game as well as most fans is dubious

hibee_nation
12-12-2009, 01:12 AM
:thumbsup:

why thank you my little English teacher. I promise to bring an apple to the next match :greengrin

Sorry for being a pedant. make it a golden delicious and no hard feelings. :thumbsup:

Owain_1987
12-12-2009, 01:42 AM
[QUOTE=clerriehibs;2271641]

Emotions run high in football.. If a team isn't playing well and things aren't going well and the game is starting to boil over a bit , surely calming the situation down and diffusing the incident is better than handing out cards all over the place.. Being card happy will just make things worse...

The thing is though although Stewart did not really make any contact his face was red with rage and he looked like he wanted to make contact and had he stayed on the pitch he was just going to carry on in this way. This was seen by when he was sent off he was raging and so I feel the ref was right.