PDA

View Full Version : Bamba player of the season so far - Hughes

Baw187
11-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Reading the article on the OS re Bamba, Hughes has a lot of praise for the big guy. This isn't the first time I've read positive comments from Hughes re Bamba and it does lead me to think that this stuff about the 2 of them not geting on being nonsense.

Of course, it could just be a front to hide what is going on behind closed doors but it appears pretty genuine.

Petrie's Tache
11-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Just talking up the price?:greengrin

Judas Iscariot
11-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Well I'd not expect Yogi to say "See that Bamba, he thinks he's a big time Charlie :blah:"

Baw187
11-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Well I'd not expect Yogi to say "See that Bamba, he thinks he's a big time Charlie :blah:"

Well of course not ! That's just silly.

But I still wouldn't expect the level of praise he's getting if he didn't like him. Certainly doesn't sound like a manager that's desperate to ship him out for the benfit of team harmony, as some have suggested.

Robbie1875
11-12-2009, 01:01 PM
From the no-nonsense impression I've gotten from Yogi so far if he had a problem with Bamba he'd make no attempt to hide it. He definitely wouldn't make positive comments to the press IMO.

Booked4Being-Ugly
11-12-2009, 01:58 PM
I heard that Yogi said to Bamba that he needs to play in midfield sometimes. Bamba said "get tae **** Yogi, i play at CB with the Ivory coast and i'll do that at Hibs or you can suck my plums". Yogi said "well you'll do as i tell you or i'll get shot of you, you're not that good". Bamba then tried to swing at Yogi and Yogi swung at Bamba and they both missed. Bamba went mental and drove off in his sports car shouting and swearing that he'll never play for Hibs again. When Bamba got home he phoned his agent and said to get him a tranfer to Blackburn or Liverpool asap - he's not too fussy who he plays for as long as it's not Hibs. Source - Hibs.net!

Baw187
11-12-2009, 02:01 PM
I heard that Yogi said to Bamba that he needs to play in midfield sometimes. Bamba said "get tae **** Yogi, i play at CB with the Ivory coast and i'll do that at Hibs or you can suck my plums". Yogi said "well you'll do as i tell you or i'll get shot of you, you're not that good". Bamba then tried to swing at Yogi and Yogi swung at Bamba and they both missed. Bamba went mental and drove off in his sports car shouting and swearing that he'll never play for Hibs again. When Bamba got home he phoned his agent and said to get him a tranfer to Blackburn or Liverpool asap - he's not too fussy who he plays for as long as it's not Hibs. Source - Hibs.net!

Brilliant picture in my mind of Bamba saying tha to Yogi, while he yanks his crotch !!:faf:

Mibbes Aye
11-12-2009, 05:59 PM

:agree:

Yogi then told Petrie all about it and Petrie was laughing so much at the "plums" bit he started hyperventilating and that.

Yogi had to chuck a glass of wine over him to cool him down. FACT!

Hibercelona
11-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Yogi's an honest man.

If he says he thinks highly of Bamba, its because he does think highly of Bamba. :agree:

down-the-slope
11-12-2009, 06:37 PM
funny as Yogi says McBride has been best player so far in last interview (which I totally agree with)

Tonez
11-12-2009, 09:51 PM
I think there's more chance of Yogi booting Bamba in the plums:agree::agree:

brydekirk
11-12-2009, 11:04 PM
yogi is keeping him sweet till the end of the season. incase he cant get a replacement in january. :agree: sol thinks he is too good for hibs and yogi doesnt:agree:

sixtwo
12-12-2009, 08:43 AM
The goals against column would suggest Bamba (and his defensive colleagues) have been doing well. I have been impressed with Bamba. He is still prone to the odd erratic moment but they are not as common as last season. He is big, athletic and must be an absolute nightmare to play against.
He has been consistant this season and will be missed when he goes to the african nations cup.
I hope yogi has someone lined up. I hope his sights are set higher than Barr. Barr is a good young player but he would be a squad player at hibs just now. I reckon he'd be one for the future. He is coming from a team proping up the league and is used to getting beat in this league. We need players with a winning mentality if we are gonna sustain and improve our league form:thumbsup: