PDA

View Full Version : its all about the name

euro Hibby
11-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Funny article from the scotsman :

MTZ Ripo chief in city to study Hearts training

HEARTS have welcomed Lyudas Rumbutis, director of football at the Belarussian club MTZ Ripo, to Riccarton to study their facilities and coaching methods as part of a working visit to Edinburgh.

Rumbutis is analysing the structure of a European club and is keen to glean knowledge from Hearts' day-to-day operations during his five-day stay. He is due to fly back to eastern Europe on Sunday.

MTZ Ripo, like Hearts, are financed by Vladimir Romanov's Ukio Bankas Investment Group. They endured a poor campaign during 2009, finishing 11th in the country's 14-team Premier League, and recently polled fans for suggestions to rename the club.
Rumbutis said: "We have been offered 40 or 50 names, among them are: MTZ-Tractor, Tractor, Partisan, Arsenal, Capital, Belarus. We will select ten or 12 names and offer them to the founders. Let them choose."

Peevemor
11-12-2009, 11:07 AM
"We have been offered 40 or 50 names, among them are: MTZ-Tractor, Tractor, Partisan, Arsenal, Capital, Belarus. We will select ten or 12 names and offer them to the founders. Let them choose."

If they go the same way as HoMoFC are going, then there'll be a few ex-Tractor fans. :greengrin

hibbie02
11-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Rumbutis???

The Yams probably think that is a flavour.........:wink:

--------
11-12-2009, 11:21 AM
If they go the same way as HoMoFC are going, then there'll be a few ex-Tractor fans. :greengrin

Get the polis.... :grr:

Disc O'Dave
11-12-2009, 11:25 AM

that joke sucks

Peevemor
11-12-2009, 11:31 AM
that joke sucks

I'm serious. It won't be long before they're venting their feelings.

Disc O'Dave
11-12-2009, 11:41 AM

That might have flown right over my head if I had duct....

--------
11-12-2009, 11:41 AM
that joke sucks

GET THE POLIS!!!!!! :grr:

:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
11-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Is this guy the Ripo man? Things must have taken a turn for the "even worse" in the last few days.

Barney McGrew
11-12-2009, 02:01 PM
He is due to fly back to eastern Europe on Sunday

I'll bet he'll not be leaving so quickly if they get humped by United tomorrow.

Possible for replacement for Shabby Lilo, or just co-incidence he's over at Hertz at the same time as Mad Vlad? :hmmm:

Saorsa
11-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Rumbutis is analysing the structure of a European club and is keen to glean knowledge from Hearts' day-to-day operations during his five-day stay.Why? Is he planning on starting a circus? :dunno:

ballengeich
11-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Why? Is he planning on starting a circus? :dunno:

Perhaps Ripo is Lithuanian for repossession.