PDA

View Full Version : Hibees play real football - Charlie Nicholas

Golden Bear
11-12-2009, 08:22 AM
According to Charlie Nicholas in today's Express.

" Hibs are the success story of the season. And they will continue to impress for many years to come if what I witnessed last week is representative of the club's youth structure.

I watched their youth side take on Livingston in a game which told me that the Easter Road Club are a shining example to others.

Supported by eager onlooker John Hughes, the youngsters played the game the right way, tried to pass and entertain and showed that they are being taught the game the right way.

Hibs are flying high in the SPL and have done so having sold off their most talented kids for vast profits.

Across the city at Hearts, the story is more chaotic. Poor discipline, poor players and a rudderless ship."

A good read and well said Charlie - for once!

:thumbsup:

Saorsa
11-12-2009, 08:38 AM

Hibs are the success story of the season. And they will continue to impress for many years to come if what I witnessed last week is representative of the club's youth structure.

I watched their youth side take on Livingston in a game which told me that the Easter Road Club are a shining example to others.

Supported by eager onlooker John Hughes, the youngsters played the game the right way, tried to pass and entertain and showed that they are being taught the game the right way.

Hibs are flying high in the SPL and have done so having sold off their most talented kids for vast profits.

:thumbsup::agree: :thumbsup:

Across the city at Hearts, the story is more chaotic. Poor discipline, poor players and a rudderless submarine. :Romanov:

:thumbsup::hilarious

:thumbsup: :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
11-12-2009, 08:51 AM

" Hibs are the success story of the season. And they will continue to impress for many years to come if what I witnessed last week is representative of the club's youth structure.

Across the city at Hearts, the story is more chaotic. Poor discipline, poor players and a rudderless ship."

:thumbsup:

Like a lot of people associated with Celtic, Charlie has an anti-Hearts agenda, so we shouldn't take this praise too seriously. It's all about getting at them not celebrating our good points.

c. Jamboskickback 2009

number 27
11-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Good stuff from Charlie, although I thought the game he was at was the Falkirk one :dunno:

Does he go to regularly or is this just an error?

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Good comments I suppose, but really there is nothing new in what he is saying and I would not want to endorse anything that an ex-Celtic hanger on has to say. I pride myself in being consistent and I have alway thought that Nicholas was a whining old firm phanny. Almost as anti-the national team as Anal Hansen. His double act with serial blue-nose Jim White gives me the dry-boak.

IWasThere2016
11-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Like a lot of people associated with Celtic, Charlie has an anti-Hearts agenda, so we shouldn't take this praise too seriously. It's all about getting at them not celebrating our good points.

c. Jamboskickback 2009

:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
11-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Good stuff from Charlie, although I thought the game he was at was the Falkirk one :dunno:

Does he go to regularly or is this just an error?

It was the Falkirk game – we drew Livi in the next round, so that’s maybe why they’ve got confused.

jodjam
11-12-2009, 10:41 AM
always nice getting praise but i choose to ignore the ramblings from this tool. Must be the longest quote from him without using his fav word "situation"

--------
11-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Doh! he's only just realised?

That 'story' reeks of re-hashed agency download and ghost writing.

It's only half-past twelve. Charlie ain't sobered up yet. :devil:

heretoday
11-12-2009, 11:26 AM
If it was from anyone but Charlie Nicholas......