PDA

View Full Version : Question Did Riordan ever score against us when he was with celtic?

Hibee_Rab
10-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Well?:confused: I just thought of this and I can't remember him doing it?

AFKA5814_Hibs
10-12-2009, 08:13 PM
:agree: Scored Celtic's goal in the 2-1 win which was Scott Brown's last game for Hibs.

.Sean.
10-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Scott Brown scored a diving header to put us one up.

Riordan equalised, he was almost on the byline! Sublime finish :agree: He didnt celebrate, but did get booed when he was on the ball and there was the odd 'Derek Riordan, you're a ******' chant.

Sproule scored the winner, put McManus on his arse then rounded Mark Brown to score the winner with the last touch for the club :thumbsup:

Sick Boy
10-12-2009, 08:18 PM
:agree: Scored Celtic's goal in the 2-1 win which was Scott Brown's last game for Hibs.

I seem to remember it being from a ridiculously tight angle as well.

Hibster
10-12-2009, 08:23 PM
How many times did he play against us? That game he scored in is the only one I can remember

And yeah it was from a very tight angle, right on the goal-line, seem to remember he almost fell into the South Stand after scoring

scoopyboy
10-12-2009, 08:25 PM

Riordan equalised, he was almost on the byline! Sublime finish :agree: He didnt celebrate, but did get booed when he was on the ball and there was the odd 'Derek Riordan, you're a ******' chant.

Sproule scored the winner, put McManus on his arse then rounded Mark Brown to score the winner with the last touch for the club :thumbsup:

Was Brown's goal not the equalizer?

Hibster
10-12-2009, 08:26 PM

Are you sure? The way I remember it - they went 1 nil up, Sproule got the equaliser, then SB got the winner :confused:

My memory's never been great though

Hainan Hibs
10-12-2009, 08:26 PM
He scored from a really tight angle and then went to the Septic mob who started hugging him:jamboak:.

GIRFU the lot of them with Sproule's last minute winner.

Hibster
10-12-2009, 08:31 PM
He scored from a really tight angle and then went to the Septic mob who started hugging him:jamboak:.

GIRFU the lot of them with Sproule's last minute winner.

think it was more his momentum that carried him into the South, rather than going in to hug them.

bet he had an extra long shower after the game though

.Sean.
10-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Are you sure? The way I remember it - they went 1 nil up, Sproule got the equaliser, then SB got the winner :confused:

My memory's never been great though
You might be right about them scoring first, but Ivan defo got the winner :agree:

Celtic end was half empty that day.

Anybody got a link? couldnt find anything...

Hainan Hibs
10-12-2009, 08:37 PM
think it was more his momentum that carried him into the South, rather than going in to hug them.

bet he had an extra long shower after the game though

Aye, that's what happened now I remember back.

Hope it was mair than 1 shower!

madhibby
10-12-2009, 08:43 PM
yes deeks goal put them one up, if I remember rightly I thought McNeill should have saved it although it was a tight angle.

scotty brown equalised with a header and ivan got the winner near the end round the goalie to score!

Hibercelona
10-12-2009, 09:17 PM
I seem to remember it being from a ridiculously tight angle as well.

:agree:

Poor positioning from the goalie.

Pedantic_Hibee
10-12-2009, 09:26 PM
:agree:

Poor positioning from the goalie.

Marshall :grr::grr:

whereswallace?
10-12-2009, 09:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUP-_61GP1g skip to 3:09 for that goal

HibeeUnderwood
10-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I remember that game well :agree:

Riordan scored for them and celebrated with their fans :grr:

Then Brown equalised :thumbsup:

And Sproule got the winner :thumbsup:

A great way to end the season :agree: and it gave me something to do on a Sunday afternoon :thumbsup:

whiskyhibby
10-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Was Brown's goal not the equalizer?

Thats the way I remember it. :agree::agree:

:notworthy::notworthy:

hfc rd
10-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Also he scored a freekick in the 90th min, in a reserves match for smeltic at easter road which ended 1-1.

millarco
10-12-2009, 11:08 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/6667605.stm

jgl07
10-12-2009, 11:09 PM

Sproule scored the winner, put McManus on his arse then rounded Mark
No it was Riordan who scored first and Brown equalized.

Steve-O
11-12-2009, 06:24 AM
Riordan scored first, Brown equalised, and Sproule scored the winner with literally his last kick of the ball for Hibs :agree:

Sick Boy
11-12-2009, 03:18 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/6667605.stm

Of topic slightly but reading that article, I remember how much hype there was after the game about a young Icelandic midfielder Celtic gave a debut to that day. The usual interviews in the week post match with ex-Celtic players giving their views on how he could be the next Stilian Petrov etc.

"But it was at Easter Road in the last game of the 2006/07 season that the Icelandic international really showed his potential, starring as Celtic's most influential player in the 2-1 defeat. A powerful runner, composed on the ball and blessed with dazzlingly quick feet, Bjarnason is beginning to look like a Celtic star in the making."

Theodore (Teddy) Bjarnason was released on a free to Lyn in Norway in January 2008. Maybe not such a great prospect then.:greengrin