PDA

View Full Version : NHC Notts County Up For Sale

Mikey
10-12-2009, 03:09 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/notts_county/8405269.stm

I remember listening to a woman on Radio 5's phone in a few months ago and she was asked what she thought of it all. She said she thought it was brilliant and that the fans of other clubs were all jealous.

My immediate thought was that she sounded like a Yam. I wonder what she's saying now!

Therein lies the dangers of selling out to business people who have no interest in football. Portsmouth are also being taken for a ride.

Gimme STF any day.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Whats the odds that UEFA/FIFA eventually step in to bail out (waiver penalties for administration) once the walls come crashing down on the big boys?

If the "big boys" won't regulate themselves and get sensible it is the regulatory bodies who should step in in the short and long interests of the game. If they are not ensuring viability of the game what do they do exactly apart from refusing sensible things like video technology for an age?

By then of course many so called lesser clubs will have gone to the wall without "bailout".

Seems to me the approach to regulation in this market has some parallels with the financial world...

And as with finance why should those clubs living within their means be penalised for doing so (ie. just like those who were sensible with their mortgages and credit usage).

Taking hypothetical scenario further if this were the case ("bailout" of big boys would this result in mega lawsuits from other parties not so fortunate).

Either way its a ****ing mess and the authorities have a lot to answer for.

hibeeleicester
10-12-2009, 04:56 PM
We should buy them:agree:

StevieC
10-12-2009, 05:27 PM
This is the team that Sol Campbell signed for this season in a £40k a week deal ....

... and then walked out after just 1 game!!

:hmmm:

Woody1985
10-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Whats the odds that UEFA/FIFA eventually step in to bail out (waiver penalties for administration) once the walls come crashing down on the big boys?

If the "big boys" won't regulate themselves and get sensible it is the regulatory bodies who should step in in the short and long interests of the game. If they are not ensuring viability of the game what do they do exactly apart from refusing sensible things like video technology for an age?

By then of course many so called lesser clubs will have gone to the wall without "bailout".

Seems to me the approach to regulation in this market has some parallels with the financial world...

And as with finance why should those clubs living within their means be penalised for doing so (ie. just like those who were sensible with their mortgages and credit usage).

Taking hypothetical scenario further if this were the case ("bailout" of big boys would this result in mega lawsuits from other parties not so fortunate).

Either way its a ****ing mess and the authorities have a lot to answer for.

You make a very good point here.

Some difficult decisions will be required to sort it out.

However, I don't agree with the turnover to wage cap ratio arguement. This gives the big boys a major headstart and would restrict smaller teams. Yes, the could grow sensibly over time but the face of football would probably never change.

whereswallace?
10-12-2009, 05:41 PM
This is the team that Sol Campbell signed for this season in a £40k a week deal ....

... and then walked out after just 1 game!!

:hmmm:

It was a 5 year deal aswell.which for a 35 year old was crazy!!

anon1
10-12-2009, 11:21 PM
:greengrin

Die Die Notts County!