PDA

View Full Version : Tickets St Johnstone

Moulin Yarns
10-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Nothing on the official site yet. I'm wondering if it will be pay at the gate or all ticket.

Remembering previous visits they seem to be the most disorganised bunch. We will get both end stands and part of the main stand, and I know it's a Wednesday but I can see chaos ahead.

If anybody hears anything can they post a reply.

Cheers.

down-the-slope
10-12-2009, 10:26 AM
I like Perth and quite fancy the short trip there...however parking is a nightmare unless you are there at least an hour before KO

Ell_Chrisso
10-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Been blooming waiting years for Hibs to get an away tie to Saints in Perth, and im almost certain to miss it! TYPICAL.

That said, id sit anywhere in the ground. LOL. Know too many folks up here neways.

I wouldn't get too worried about it mate, Saints haven't got a great support, so im sure Hibs will get either both goal ends, or half the main along with the away goal end. Either way, they will let Hibs fans pay at gate.

Ell_Chrisso
10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
I like Perth and quite fancy the short trip there...however parking is a nightmare unless you are there at least an hour before KO

Where do you normally park?

Part/Time Supporter
10-12-2009, 10:35 AM

I'd wager that down-the-slope has previously parked in the stadium car park

:wink:

Hint: don't

O'Rourke3
10-12-2009, 10:39 AM
My favourite away game, got a friend lives 10 mins walk from the ground and plenty of parking in his drive, fed before and after the game and if I could persaude the wife to go, a free drive home having had a few drinks too.

Ell_Chrisso
10-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Yea id stay clear of the stadium for parking.
Theres a BnQ & Tesco right across the road, which you'd probs get away with.
And plenty of streets up the hill, or along towards Tulloch.

Defo easier in Perth than it is Hibs IMO

down-the-slope
10-12-2009, 10:41 AM

In the residential area behind the car garages

down-the-slope
10-12-2009, 10:42 AM
I'd wager that down-the-slope has previously parked in the stadium car park

Hint: don't

No and yes you are right...its pants

PS - DON'T park in Supermarket and think you will get away with it.....You wont

Moulin Yarns
10-12-2009, 10:47 AM

I used to know folk in the house at the entrance to the Crem, but not any more, I'm hoping Michelle will let me park beside her flat :wink:

Don't park at Tesco, they will ticket you, but across the bypass is Dobbies and the former auction mart where there will be plenty parking.

as I said Saints have given over both ends to away fans, so plenty space, I just have memories of only two gates being open in the past (and we didn't riot like the Huns!)

Ell_Chrisso
10-12-2009, 10:51 AM
In the residential area behind the car garages

Thats pretty much where you need to go tbh, if you aren't up early enough. Either that, or go in behind B&Q.

Theres plenty of streets of the main one up the hill from the ground.. you cant go wrong.

StevieC
10-12-2009, 10:56 AM

Car park can be a nightmare, probably best avoided if you dont mind a short walk.

Residential area up the hill is best and cutting down where the 208 Hotel is.

Definitely steer clear of Tesco car park.

I get to walk from my house to a Hibs game, I cant remember the last time I did that.

:thumbsup:

green.oracle
10-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I used to know folk in the house at the entrance to the Crem, but not any more, I'm hoping Michelle will let me park beside her flat :wink:

Don't park at Tesco, they will ticket you, but across the bypass is Dobbies and the former auction mart where there will be plenty parking.

as I said Saints have given over both ends to away fans, so plenty space, I just have memories of only two gates being open in the past (and we didn't riot like the Huns!)

Too late David, that space is already taken!!!!:thumbsup::greengrin:notworthy::bye:

Ell_Chrisso
10-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Car park can be a nightmare, probably best avoided if you can manage a walk.

I get to walk from my house to a Hibs game, I cant remember the last time I did that.

Exactly what i can say tooo!
If i get the chance to go that is :grr:

down-the-slope
10-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Car park can be a nightmare, probably best avoided if you dont mind a short walk.

Thats because the last time you were probably running around and not walking :wink:

PS - you doing a Christmas collection for the appeal?

Moulin Yarns
10-12-2009, 12:46 PM

Exactly what i can say tooo!
If i get the chance to go that is :grr:

Are you guys paving over your gardens in time for the invasion? :greengrin

jgl07
10-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Nothing on the official site yet. I'm wondering if it will be pay at the gate or all ticket.

Cheers.
Why would this match be all-ticket?

I can't ever recall an all-ticket match in Perth.

The ground holds 10,000 and the Saintees have around 2,000 supporters.

GreenCastle
10-12-2009, 02:41 PM
I would hope that we would take around 3,000 + fans to this game. :agree:

Ok it's a Wednesday evening - but it's really not far and it's a nice little stadium to visit.

Will be a tough game as they have impressed me this season - but if we play well.......

Cropley10
10-12-2009, 03:06 PM
What is the situation with tickets? When do they go on sale please?

IWasThere2016
10-12-2009, 03:17 PM
I would hope that we would take around 3,000 + fans to this game. :agree:

Ok it's a Wednesday evening - but it's really not far and it's a nice little stadium to visit.

Will be a tough game as they have impressed me this season - but if we play well.......

It's in the hodilays too .. I'll be there :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
10-12-2009, 03:28 PM
It's in the hodilays too .. I'll be there :thumbsup:

Me too :thumbsup:

I remember a few years ago when we took a great crowd to Tannadice (around 4000+) and think we ended up winning 3v0 :confused:

Many people seem to be in the area for Christmas / New Year so the exiled Hibees should be represented well :thumbsup:

:notworthy:

StevieC
10-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Thats because the last time you were probably running around and not walking :wink:

PS - you doing a Christmas collection for the appeal?

I was trying to have a serious think if I've ever actually walked from my house to a game. :hmmm:

I think I've probably walked from Tynecastle home to East Craigs (via the pubs in Corstorphine obviously), and I may have walked from McDiarmid back to my other house in Perth when they were last in the SPL .. but I'm pretty sure I've never walked to a game before. :hmmm:

Anyway ... chances are I'll do the lazy bassa opt out, and talk the missus into dropping me off at the stadium.

To answer your other question ...

The Dnipro Appeal is one long ongoing collection :wink: not just for Christmas.

Monktonhall 7
10-12-2009, 04:31 PM
I think it will depend on the next 3 games, but if results are decent, then we will take a big travelling support. Mates of mine who have never been to an away game for years are already talking about going up. Hopefully will be a great night in between holidays.

.Sean.
10-12-2009, 04:57 PM
I thought the game was a 3PM kick off...

Obviously not, still be going though

Part/Time Supporter
10-12-2009, 05:03 PM
I thought the game was a 3PM kick off...

Obviously not, still be going though

30/12/09 is a Wednesday and isn't a public holiday

GreenCastle
10-12-2009, 05:04 PM
30/12 isn't a public holiday

But it is a Wednesday night :agree:

.Sean.
10-12-2009, 05:07 PM
30/12/09 is a Wednesday and isn't a public holiday
I was just assuming it was a public holiday, im off for 2 weeks over xmas and nae year and thought the majority of people would be in the same situation.

Perth on a cold wednesday night it is then :greengrin

Greendreamer
10-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Well, I've already got my late start organised for my night shift that night. Park up at my folks house which is all of 5 mins walk from McDiarmid. Great when there is no fannying about for parking.

monktonharp
10-12-2009, 07:29 PM
My favourite away game, got a friend lives 10 mins walk from the ground and plenty of parking in his drive, fed before and after the game and if I could persaude the wife to go, a free drive home having had a few drinks too.sounds like the makings o' a guid party,any swaps?:wink:

RIP
10-12-2009, 07:44 PM
I was trying to have a serious think if I've ever actually walked from my house to a game. :hmmm:

I may have walked from McDiarmid back to my other house in Perth when they were last in the SPL

Aye but it would be doonhill tae Hunters in them days. Will ye no need a camel tae get back up yon hill tae yer posh gaff efter the game?

How do you fancy approaching St J to hold a Perthshire Hibees Dnipro stall in the car park? I'm sure we could round up some volunteers.

StevieC
10-12-2009, 07:57 PM
How do you fancy approaching St J to hold a Perthshire Hibees Dnipro stall in the car park? I'm sure we could round up some volunteers.

It's a nice idea .. but it's very rare for me to get a "home" fixture so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts .. plus it will be pitch black.

MichelleHibs
10-12-2009, 08:41 PM
need to be up early if you want to park outside my flat!! scary to think before i moved to perth that this is where we used to park!! mad!!

just as well this is an evening ko as we got the hospital at 3pm for the wee mans check up!! this will be the first time hibs have played saints at mcdiarmid since i moved to perth, and i too can walk to the game instead of having to get plane train or automobile!! hehe

RIP
10-12-2009, 08:44 PM
It's a nice idea .. but it's very rare for me to get a "home" fixture so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts .. plus it will be pitch black.

Fair dos. Mind you I could always re-use my Xmas lights if you could provide a generator.

Don't know where I would put the stag and hind we got half price fae B&Q tho:greengrin

StevieC
12-12-2009, 02:38 PM
scary to think before i moved to perth that this is where we used to park!! mad!!

What about this then .... when I stayed at Malvina it was just around the corner from where I once parked up for a game at Muirton Park!!! About 10 years before I moved from Edinburgh to Perth!!!

:eek:

MichelleHibs
12-12-2009, 11:02 PM
What about this then .... when I stayed at Malvina it was just around the corner from where I once parked up for a game at Muirton Park!!! About 10 years before I moved from Edinburgh to Perth!!!

:eek:

truly is freaky!! i was never at muirton park but james has fille dme in on what i missed!! his uncle used to live across the road from it!!

down-the-slope
13-12-2009, 08:43 AM
truly is freaky!! i was never at muirton park but james has fille dme in on what i missed!! his uncle used to live across the road from it!!

Youve not lived if you haven't been to Muirton - it was a real dump of epic proportions, but had great atmoshphere. On cold winters days it had one of those low sloping roofs over the terrace where the hot breath of sweaty fans and fag smoke got trapped leaving you watching in a kind of smog that rose up to the old flood lights.

It was also fairly mental in the days when there was no segregation and seemingly little policing - remember one guy flashing a knife from under his jacket (yes this was IN the ground) when I was really young - thats when you realise adrenaline is Brown

Dashing Bob S
13-12-2009, 09:23 AM
As tempted as I am by this fixture, I think that after Christmas and with the prospect of 'Hoggers' to come, I might opt out of a Baltic sitdown at Perth on a wednesday winters night. However, much will depend on the Dons/Huns results/performances. I think 3,000 is pushing it, the festive stir-crazy thing will have been taken care of by the Huns game, and another cold night out before first-footing may deter loads.

MichelleHibs
13-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Youve not lived if you haven't been to Muirton - it was a real dump of epic proportions, but had great atmoshphere. On cold winters days it had one of those low sloping roofs over the terrace where the hot breath of sweaty fans and fag smoke got trapped leaving you watching in a kind of smog that rose up to the old flood lights.

It was also fairly mental in the days when there was no segregation and seemingly little policing - remember one guy flashing a knife from under his jacket (yes this was IN the ground) when I was really young - thats when you realise adrenaline is Brown

lol!! i was too young so i suppose you could say i havent lived....not at that time anyway!!!

murray26
13-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Does anyone know how far it is from the train station?.

Part/Time Supporter
13-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Does anyone know how far it is from the train station?.

Miles and miles and miles (for a town of that size). Bus or taxi necessary.

ArabHibee
13-12-2009, 06:46 PM
A wee jaunt doon the road for me. Will deffo be going to this one. :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
14-12-2009, 05:16 AM
A wee jaunt doon the road for me. Will deffo be going to this one. :greengrin

Ditto :thumbsup:

Isn't it about time the Perthshire Hibees met up? a bit like the West Lothian mob :wink:

StevieC
14-12-2009, 07:53 AM
Miles and miles and miles (for a town of that size). Bus or taxi necessary.

I'd agree, it's a fair hike.
Even I'm not sure what bus you would take but, unlike Edinburgh, taxis are reasonably priced.
If you are through early enough you could take a short walk into the town (pass the bus station then turn right at the main road) for a pint or two first and then grab a taxi.

Moulin Yarns
14-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Now on the official site, cash gates, £20 :thumbsup:

StevieC
18-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Isn't it about time the Perthshire Hibees met up?
Anyone heading up to Aberdeen?

MichelleHibs
18-12-2009, 10:16 PM

sadly not, hubby working and the kiddies are too young to go, espec when its sooo cold at this time of year!! pity, i love my jaunt to aberdeen!!

ArabHibee
18-12-2009, 10:41 PM

Nah, not going to chance it with the weather.