PDA

View Full Version : Ian murray contract

Ivan-75
09-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Sorry if already posted.

But when does his contract run out?

I would h8 to see him leave again!!

If we can keep this squad then i think we can compete strongly for a few seasons.

But as seen in the past when hibs reach top form the big guns come in and swoop for our best players.

Sir David Gray
09-12-2009, 09:30 PM
He's out of contract in the summer.

Jim44
09-12-2009, 09:32 PM
I think Murray is possibly the least likely of our squad to be looking for a move. I'd like to see him as captain next season.

Ivan-75
09-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Thats what i was thinking.Wasn't sure though.

Hopefully we heer some news after january on some extended contracts.

jacomo
09-12-2009, 09:39 PM
I think Murray is possibly the least likely of our squad to be looking for a move. I'd like to see him as captain next season.

He's a natural leader, one of the most important players in the squad.

I hope the club can agree a new contract with him.

Ivan-75
09-12-2009, 09:40 PM
He's still under 30 im sure.So another crack down south wouldn't be out of the frame.

mully_bear
09-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Sorry if already posted.

But when does his contract run out?

I would h8 to see him leave again!!

If we can keep this squad then i think we can compete strongly for a few seasons.

But as seen in the past when hibs reach top form the big guns come in and swoop for our best players.
only way id like him to leave is a straight swap for david murphy haha

Cropley10
09-12-2009, 10:12 PM
He's still under 30 im sure.So another crack down south wouldn't be out of the frame.

Yeah I can see him leaving too, typical Hibs eh!

HibbyAndy
09-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Cmon Hibs lets tie IM down! Been excellent for Hibs since he came home :agree:

WindyMiller
10-12-2009, 12:05 AM
IIRC Ian will be 29 in February, but his health problem may put most clubs off signing him.

He may well be interested in a contract that allows him to move into coaching should his problem deteriorate.

Or perhaps he's after one more signing on fee?

I hope he stays.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
10-12-2009, 01:31 AM
It tends to be once bitten twice shy with Championship teams. Doubt he'll move, altho he could play in the Championship without much bother.

martin63
10-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Was just talking to my brother on Tuesday about hibs player contracts and trying to work out who else is up for renewal.
I am sure Benji's contract is up in the summer and possibly Stevensons. He seemed to think that Miller only signed for a year (I thought it as 2), and either Cregg or Mcride only signed short term.
Anybody any ideas on this one?

GGTTH

007 Mickey Weir
10-12-2009, 07:48 AM
[QUOTE=martin63;2270083]Was just talking to my brother on Tuesday about hibs player contracts and trying to work out who else is up for renewal.
I am sure Benji's contract is up in the summer and possibly Stevensons. He seemed to think that Miller only signed for a year (I thought it as 2), and either Cregg or Mcride only signed short term.

As far as I know Benji and Murray out of contract in the summer. Stevenson is the same but not 100% McBride and Miller signed 2/3 year deals.
Cregg only 6 months!! I remeber him saying in the paper that this would give him plenty time to prove himself and earn a long term deal. He started well but has been out of the frame recently.
It would be great to see Murray, Miller and McBride all given extended contracts!

:notworthy:

Dashing Bob S
10-12-2009, 07:51 AM
I'm pretty relaxed about the Murray contract situation. It's not as if he's likely to do the dirty on us and jump ship to one of the ugly sisters.

martin63
10-12-2009, 08:01 AM
[QUOTE=martin63;2270083]Was just talking to my brother on Tuesday about hibs player contracts and trying to work out who else is up for renewal.

As far as I know Benji and Murray out of contract in the summer. Stevenson is the same but not 100% McBride and Miller signed 2/3 year deals.
Cregg only 6 months!! I remeber him saying in the paper that this would give him plenty time to prove himself and earn a long term deal. He started well but has been out of the frame recently.
It would be great to see Murray, Miller and McBride all given extended contracts!

:notworthy:

Thanks for that it's exactly what I thought.:thumbsup:

See bro' I'm not as stupid as you think when it comes to football. You ref's are all the same think you know it all.:devil:

GGTTH

aberhibsfc
10-12-2009, 08:07 AM
I'm pretty relaxed about the Murray contract situation. It's not as if he's likely to do the dirty on us and jump ship to one of the ugly sisters.

I hope so, but he might fall into Rangers shopping backet.

We shouldn't be waiting until the summer to sort this out, it should be done now if at all. Personally I'd like to see him finish his career at ER.

offshorehibby
10-12-2009, 08:43 AM
I would imagine Hibs are working away quietly in the background to resign players they wont to keep.

EskbankHibby
10-12-2009, 08:50 AM
His fitness in the short, medium or long term is not an issue imo.

Re-signing Murray should be a priority for the club imo, leader on the park and versatile, great form this season. Pace not really a huge part of his game so could/should be here for quite some time.

scoopyboy
10-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Was just talking to my brother on Tuesday about hibs player contracts and trying to work out who else is up for renewal.

GGTTH

Benji, Murray, Maka and Cregg are out of contract.

Miller and McBride signed 2 year deals.

.Sean.
10-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Murray is a MUST for a new deal. :agree:

We certainly won't get such a whole-hearted and versatile player cheap so get him signed up ASAP. I imagine if he was offered a new deal on the same money he's currently on or perhaps with a wee rise, he'd take it.

Regina Phalange
10-12-2009, 05:09 PM

Cregg signed for 2 according to the BBC. Hope we can agree new deals for the other 3.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8125368.stm

Jim44
10-12-2009, 05:16 PM

I'd be willing to bet that Murray, Maka and Cregg are with us next season. Benjelhoun is a loose cannon and it's anyone's guess where he will be in August. It's easier to say where he won't be......................the Bernabau Stadium, for instance. :greengrin

scoopyboy
10-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Cregg signed for 2 according to the BBC. Hope we can agree new deals for the other 3.

It transpired he only signed a 1 year deal, claiming Yogi would have him in by Crimbo to sign an extension.

Crimbo getting closer and Cregg not played a lot, I think he might be a goner.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2009, 06:14 PM

That's what I quoted the last time this issue came up and a couple of people said that it was wrong and that he had in fact signed for 6 months.

Monktonhall 7
10-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Watching Ian Murray at the Usher hall a couple of weeks ago giving Sunshine on Leith laldy, makes me feel confident that not only is he one of us, but this time he will remain with us> Fingers crossed.

sixtwo
10-12-2009, 06:26 PM
I reckon he'll sign a new contract before the end of this year! 3 year deal with a view to being made captain next season!

Bringing Ian back has been a fantastic move for us. I reckon he is playing better this season than he has played at any point in his career!:thumbsup:

Monktonhall 7
10-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Agree 100%. Hope you are right!

.Sean.
10-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Watching Ian Murray at the Usher hall a couple of weeks ago giving Sunshine on Leith laldy, makes me feel confident that not only is he one of us, but this time he will remain with us> Fingers crossed.
How i'd LOVE to have seen that :thumbsup:

The Voice Of Reason
10-12-2009, 07:53 PM

Gary Mackay tells me that he is likely to sign for Hearts ! :wink:

Wise old bird that Gary Mackay :agree:

Cropley10
10-12-2009, 10:45 PM
It transpired he only signed a 1 year deal, claiming Yogi would have him in by Crimbo to sign an extension.

Crimbo getting closer and Cregg not played a lot, I think he might be a goner.

I think you might be right, he's behind Rankin in the midfield pecking order and Galbraith must be knocking on the door too.

jabis
10-12-2009, 11:05 PM
sniff sniff

Sure that Andyhibee's a yam :greengrin