http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/8404829.stm

Superb.

:hilarious

Cropley10
09-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Hearts in the hunt as well eh?

:faf:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/8404829.stm

What are the Mericks over the road saying, anyone?

If his agent is trying to use this as a negotiation tactic it's a wee bit lame!

magpie1892
09-12-2009, 05:34 PM
It's clearly a fabrication as Hearts and Hibs are described as 'rivals' and as any fule kno, it's been several years since we were told that we could 'no longer be considered [Hearts'] rivals'.

HibbyAndy
09-12-2009, 05:35 PM
It's clearly a fabrication as Hearts and Hibs are described as 'rivals' and as any fule kno, it's been several years since we were told that we could 'no longer be considered [Hearts'] rivals'.

:top marks

jacomo
09-12-2009, 05:53 PM
If he continues to play as badly as he seemed to against Rangers at the weekend, Hearts are welcome to him.

SneakersO'Toole
09-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Take him in a heartbeat.

Playing in a better team with better players and a manager that knows him he would flourish.

ancient hibee
09-12-2009, 06:50 PM
His agent will be lucky to see anyone from ER if he's been blabbing to up the ante.

Jim44
09-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Take him in a heartbeat.

Playing in a better team with better players and a manager that knows him he would flourish.

I don't think he'll find all this at the Pinkdome. :greengrin I could take him or leave him but a move to the Jambos would be a really bad move for the guy.

.Sean.
09-12-2009, 09:00 PM
If it's his agent talking, i think we can safely put to bed the 'Barr is signing a pre-contract but will do what Nish done and end up coming in January for a couple hundred grand' statements :greengrin

hibsbollah
09-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Never Hogg Class:rolleyes:

monktonharp
09-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Hearts in the hunt as well eh?

:faf:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/8404829.stmI think Eddie May is talking through his erse,his chairman will just let a quarter mil £ slip through his hands right enough:yawn: but whether Barr is worth that,i'm not totally convinced of him.think we need a bigger robust type player...........likesay Bamba for January

brog
10-12-2009, 07:56 AM
I think he's a good player but he was completely asleep for the Huns 1st goal on Saturday. If Hogg, Bamba or Jones had allowed that to happen they would have been slaughtered on here.

Steve20
10-12-2009, 08:05 AM
If he continues to play as badly as he seemed to against Rangers at the weekend, Hearts are welcome to him.

I didn't think he was that bad to be honest.

Hibbie0762
10-12-2009, 09:11 AM
Over on FifteenPointsBack the general view seems to be that (a) it is already a done deal with Hibs; (b) this is just an attempt to push Barr's price up a bit; and (c) they don't want him anyway as Barr is not good enough to hold down a place in the Yams defence.

The Yams apparently already have the "best defender in the SPL". Not sure who that can be - Concalves isn't too shabby, but best defender, I think not.

ahibby
10-12-2009, 09:14 AM
I'm not really interested in what Hearts are doing as we have moved on to a higher level now leaving them behind. I am more interested in our rivals (the big team club) such as Celtic, Rangers and Dundee Utd.:greengrin

Anyway I don't think his defending has been too clever recently but maybe okay for right back.

Hibbie0762
10-12-2009, 09:23 AM
I'm not really interested in what Hearts are doing as we have moved on to a higher level now leaving them behind. I am more interested in our rivals (the big team club) such as Celtic, Rangers and Dundee Utd.:greengrinI think that you are being a bit hard on the Yam who made that infamous quote. He said that the Yams had moved to "a whole different level from Hibs". And to be fair, he has not been proved wrong. :greengrin

ahibby
10-12-2009, 09:29 AM
I think that you are being a bit hard on the Yam who made that infamous quote. He said that the Yams had moved to "a whole different level from Hibs". And to be fair, he has not been proved wrong. :greengrin

:smug:

brog
10-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Over on FifteenPointsBack the general view seems to be that (a) it is already a done deal with Hibs; (b) this is just an attempt to push Barr's price up a bit; and (c) they don't want him anyway as Barr is not good enough to hold down a place in the Yams defence.

The Yams apparently already have the "best defender in the SPL". Not sure who that can be - Concalves isn't too shabby, but best defender, I think not.

He'll also be gone in Jan if Yams can find a buyer!!

Cropley10
10-12-2009, 01:06 PM
[/B]

He'll also be gone in Jan if Yams can find a buyer!!

Signing a pre-contract with Celtc apparently...

Hopefully him and Wallace will be away.

And after all the Yam's understand that getting rid of the high earners will allow them to improve their squad.

davemcbain
10-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Amazing how journalists can get the wrong end of a stick and turn it into a story.

Apparently the beeb story came from the following report :- ex Hearts manager John Robertson was seen the other night, staggering through the streets of Falkirk looking for a bar...

Keith_M
10-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Try looking at this from a Falkirk fans viewpoint. It shouldn't be too difficult as it's not so long ago that we were in the same position.

They've already lost some decent players and now Barr's being touted in the press to 'bigger clubs'. Some Hibs fans have discussed how they'd now like Barr to be playing for their side and whether or not we'd like him now or will wait to get him for free.

I'm a bit concerned that we're starting to sound like the OF here, as this situation reminds me a lot of the many times we've had to put up with similar. I didn't think it was a respectful way to go about things when we were on the receiving end and I'm glad that Hibs as a club have refused to comment on what Yogi has called 'speculation'.

Let's try to show the same level of dignity as fans that our club has already shown.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-12-2009, 02:50 PM
If Falkirk have already knocked back 250K from Barnsley, common sense says that they will be looking for at least that up front, and some add-ons from anyone buying him now. At the moment the only two teams in Scotland that could come up with that money with no strings are us and Celtic. Rangers can't give their management team anything other than rolling one-day contracts so despite the fact that they are a much bigger club they are not in the race. Hearts have to sell to buy and right now what have they got to sell that would cover any deal? Not Driver. Their prized asset is crocked just now and no team will pay over the odds for goods that are shop soiled.

Jack
10-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Try looking at this from a Falkirk fans viewpoint. It shouldn't be too difficult as it's not so long ago that we were in the same position.

They've already lost some decent players and now Barr's being touted in the press to 'bigger clubs'. Some Hibs fans have discussed how they'd now like Barr to be playing for their side and whether or not we'd like him now or will wait to get him for free.

I'm a bit concerned that we're starting to sound like the OF here, as this situation reminds me a lot of the many times we've had to put up with similar. I didn't think it was a respectful way to go about things when we were on the receiving end and I'm glad that Hibs as a club have refused to comment on what Yogi has called 'speculation'.

Let's try to show the same level of dignity as fans that our club has already shown.

That’s life I’m afraid and while we didn’t like it ultimately such sales have saved our club from going through what other clubs are going through now. Hopefully Falkirk will be able to use the money to buy players; bring through players and/or even just stay in business.

And with all due respect our sole intention is to buy him, anyone from the SPL, with a realistic view of playing him. Rather than the OF way of buying with the sole intention of weakening the opposition.

keep the faith
10-12-2009, 03:04 PM

:agree: spot on!

Dashing Bob S
10-12-2009, 03:16 PM

Yes. There are enough supremacist, arrogant pricks in the OF and Yams support without us trying to don that shabby mantle. It's only Scottish football, not the Empire in Star Wars, although you'd never know it to read some fuds on the OF/Yamboards.

andyhibs
10-12-2009, 04:25 PM
apparently stoksie is saying there is no room at easter road for darren barr ,:rolleyes: we havny signed nade have we:cool2:

The_Todd
10-12-2009, 04:53 PM

Goncalves is decent, but sadly (not) soon to be Gone-calves.

Barr won't sign for Hearts. Hearts mission statement is "to bring young players through and sell them at profit" - that was Romanov's position as of earlier this week so there will be no bringing in players from other SPL teams.

Jim44
10-12-2009, 04:58 PM
apparently stoksie is saying there is no room at easter road for darren barr ,:rolleyes: we havny signed nade have we:cool2:

:confused: Where/when did he say this? If true I think he should zip it and do his talking on the pitch.

BEEJ
10-12-2009, 06:13 PM
If Falkirk have already knocked back 250K from Barnsley, common sense says that they will be looking for at least that up front, and some add-ons from anyone buying him now.
That was in the summer. In the January window with six months left on his contract the player's value falls.

Falkirk will do well to get £250k max for him now. That's the price for keeping him in their squad for the last four or five months.

Dr Jimmy
10-12-2009, 06:57 PM

:top marks

monktonharp
10-12-2009, 07:24 PM
:confused: Where/when did he say this? If true I think he should zip it and do his talking on the pitch.
I did hear his quote on radio,earlier today,and that was pretty much what he said.:agree:

RIP
10-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Stokesie is saying there is no room at easter road for darren barr ,:rolleyes:

I did hear his quote on radio,earlier today,and that was pretty much what he said.:agree:

Crikey are you deaf or what

Anthony's precise words were "There's nae room for anarra bar in Easter Road - I know I've supped in them all"

NOLA
10-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Crikey are you deaf or what

Anthony's precise words were "There's nae room for anarra bar in Easter Road - I know I've supped in them all"

:greengrin not bad likes

mjhibby
11-12-2009, 07:14 AM
I think yogi is playing it clever and barr is defenitely a target.He will look at what clubs have to offer but the pull of yogi and hibs season means there is a very good chance he will sign a precontract with ud and if he does falkirk will probably sell him before the window is finished.What happens with bamba towards the end of the window will decide who,if any ,yogi brings in.I fancy that bolton will put in a bid in excess of £2m and the wheels could be in motion.Should be a very interesting january.:thumbsup:

Cropley10
12-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Eddie May has confirmed Barr will NOT be signing for Hibernian, nor will he be signing a pre-contract with anyone in January.

Instead he's heading to England and the CCC at the end of the season.

Oh well that's that then. Glad this has been cleared up in mid December rather than keeping us all hanging on.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Barr-will-pick-England-over.5906446.jp

macca70
12-12-2009, 07:19 AM
Eddie May has confirmed Barr will NOT be signing for Hibernian, nor will he be signing a pre-contract with anyone in January.

Oh well that's that then. Glad this has been cleared up in mid December rather than keeping us all hanging on.

If he was getting offers from CCC or EPL clubs then he was never going to stay in Scotland.

Dunno why folk thought we might even have a chance of getting him when there was interest from clubs down south :confused:

CB_NO3
12-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Nothing to worry about imo. I think he is a decent SPL player but nothing special. I dont think he is any better than Hogg at defending, but his distribution is much better. We need a big physical defender in, in the mould of Bamba or Jones.

Part/Time Supporter
12-12-2009, 07:29 AM

Is Eddie May a mind reader?

:cool2:

Jim44
12-12-2009, 07:47 AM

Who knows? What we do know is that he is an @rse of the first order.:greengrin

One Day Soon
12-12-2009, 08:00 AM

Precisely. When exactly did it become the case in football that just because a minor team manager stated something it then became the future?

And for the Yams to buy Barr a) Falkirk would have to be willing to take payment in bags of schadenfreude and b) Barr would have to be prepared to live on fresh air and even that wouldn't necessarily be paid every month.

johnrebus
12-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Poor article.

It is not up to Eddie May who Barr signs or doesn't sign for. He really does come accross as a bitter man, God knows why.

Besides, if Barr was half as good as some on here seem to think, then why - at the age of 25 - is he still at playing at Falkirk ?

:confused: