PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Maka to sign new deal?

Billychaotic182
09-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Was told Maka is about to sign a new 3 year deal. Can Anyone confirm this?

:notworthy:

HibbyAndy
09-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Can see this thread having the potential for a 10 pager :greengrin

Hibs7
09-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Not a bad move in my opinion

'Mon the Hibs
09-12-2009, 04:53 PM
:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

OR

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I just can't decide....

scoopyboy
09-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Was told Maka is about to sign a new 3 year deal. Can Anyone confirm this?

:notworthy:

Heard he was going to sign it but he dropped it.

Q comments from the Maka lovers

Andy74
09-12-2009, 04:59 PM

To be fair he got 99 per cent of his name on it then his concentration just went.

Hibs7
09-12-2009, 04:59 PM

That was a month ago, has improved greatly since then, :wink:

CropleyWasGod
09-12-2009, 05:00 PM

... he went to grab the pen, took out half the Board as he did so, the pen went sailing over everybody's head out of the window.... and then he blamed Rod.

Danderhall Hibs
09-12-2009, 05:04 PM
To be fair he got 99 per cent of his name on it then his concentration just went.

:hilarious

If he can play like he did on Saturday everytime and cut the errors out this is good news.

It means that when Barca/Real Madrid/Man U are all after him we'll get a decent fee.

Woody1985
09-12-2009, 05:05 PM
If Maka never conceded another goal this season he'd still be branded *****.

I'd like him to stay for at least one more season and see what we can get out of him. However, I suspect that no matter how well he performs there will always be negative comments that follow him.

Part/Time Supporter
09-12-2009, 05:06 PM
:hilarious

If he can play like he did on Saturday everytime and cut the errors out this is good news.

It means that when Barca/Real Madrid/Man U are all after him we'll get a decent fee.

<Emphasis added>

:greengrin

Andy74
09-12-2009, 05:09 PM

I'd like him to stay for at least one more season and see what we can get out of him. However, I suspect that no matter how well he performs there will always be negative comments that follow him.

Apart from this bit of fun there was 100 per cent backing for his performance last week. He'll only be criticised when he gives someone reason to. Unfortunately he has given people opportunities to criticise.

Anyway, I'd be happy for him to sign a new deal and continue to develop here. He is still very young for a keeper.

scoopyboy
09-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Apart from this bit of fun there was 100 per cent backing for his performance last week. He'll only be criticised when he gives someone reason to. Unfortunately he has given people opportunities to criticise.

Anyway, I'd be happy for him to sign a new deal and continue to develop here. He is still very young for a keeper.

He was excellent on Saturday, no two ways about it.

If he was to perform like that every week I would gladly give him a 3 year deal.

Maybe our goalkeeping coach put him straight on a few points after Falkirk.

Every time I think he's getting there he goes and drops a howler, sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Danderhall Hibs
09-12-2009, 05:17 PM

If he was to perform like that every week I would gladly give him a 3 year deal.

Every time I think he's getting there he goes and drops a howler, sincerely hope I'm wrong.

That's exactly my thoughts. I'm hoping he's listened to Yogi's criticism from the Falkirk game - it certainly looked like he had on Saturday.

--------
09-12-2009, 05:20 PM

Or maybe Yogi clarified a few issues at training during the week....

I'd be delighted if the big guy did commit for another 3 years. Just hope it's true, and that he's the first of many to do the same.

Edinburgh Green
09-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Hopefully this is true. :thumbsup:

Hibs Spain
09-12-2009, 05:44 PM

Every time I think he's getting there he goes and drops a howler, sincerely hope I'm wrong.This is what kills me about the Maka doubters...You'll never get a goalie who NEVER boobs....Every tiny deviation from perfection by Maka will be deemed a "howler" I actually think that some people simply can't absorb the talent this guy's got and how lucky we are to have him.Some joker on the Maka thread after the Motherwell game said something like "I thought his performance was perfect apart from a couple ocassions when he started to leave his line but backtracked to his goal" :confused:confused: What chance has he got in the minds of people like that? We could profit greatly in two directions by signing him up again.By having the best keeper in our league and by cashing in when the rest of the world twigs.

Danderhall Hibs
09-12-2009, 05:45 PM
This is what kills me about the Maka doubters...You'll never get a goalie who NEVER boobs

Correct. Here's hoping he starts doing it less often than he has in the past.

The_Todd
09-12-2009, 05:46 PM
The lad is developing and hopefully he's learning from Stack and the competition from Stack is pushing him on.

The talent's there, and he's young enough to get much much better still.

Hibs Spain
09-12-2009, 05:56 PM
<Emphasis added>

:greengrinIf's not an option.

scoopyboy
09-12-2009, 05:58 PM
This is what kills me about the Maka doubters...You'll never get a goalie who NEVER boobs....Every tiny deviation from perfection by Maka will be deemed a "howler" I actually think that some people simply can't absorb the talent this guy's got and how lucky we are to have him.Some joker on the Maka thread after the Motherwell game said something like "I thought his performance was perfect apart from a couple ocassions when he started to leave his line but backtracked to his goal" :confused:confused: What chance has he got in the minds of people like that? We could profit greatly in two directions by signing him up again.By having the best keeper in our league and by cashing in when the rest of the world twigs.

Correct, you will never get a goalie who doesn't make errors.

You also get goalies who make far too many and never make it to a top level.

Maka is between the two obviously and the next couple of seasons will be vital IMO to his future.

You obviously are besotted with the guy but sometimes try and not be so biased and try and view it (even occasionally) that he may not be the be all and end all.

Toaods
09-12-2009, 06:06 PM
only a fool could say he didn't have a few howlers but only a bigger fool can't see the potential that is there to be unlocked.

McNeil was never good enough to spur him on - Stack taking the position and rattling up some solid performances has obviously made him get the finger out.

If a 3 year contract offer is true, I hope he signs it.

I wouldn't expect him to hold down the keepers jersey for the 3 years without some patchy form at some point but at the moment, Stack and Maka are working well for each other and more importantly....for HIBS.

Hibs Spain
09-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Correct, you will never get a goalie who doesn't make errors.

You also get goalies who make far too many and never make it to a top level.

Maka is between the two obviously and the next couple of seasons will be vital IMO to his future.

You obviously are besotted with the guy but sometimes try and not be so biased and try and view it (even occasionally) that he may not be the be all and end all.I'm not besotted.And I don't need you whomever you are to tell me how I should view things.

scoopyboy
09-12-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm not besotted.And I don't need you whomever you are to tell me how I should view things.

Have you ever thought users on this board don't need you to tell us how good Maka is and we should be allowed to make our own minds up?

Hibs Spain
09-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Have you ever thought users on this board don't need you to tell us how good Maka is and we should be allowed to make our own minds up?I'm just stating my opinions,I'm not telling people in a patronising way how I should view things!

I'm_cabbaged
09-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Have you ever thought users on this board don't need you to tell us how good Maka is and we should be allowed to make our own minds up?

:thumbsup:

jacomo
09-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Hopefully this is true. :thumbsup:

:agree:

Hibs Spain
09-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Have you ever thought users on this board don't need you to tell us how good Maka is and we should be allowed to make our own minds up?I'm just stating my opinions,I'm not telling people in a patronising way how I should view things!

Allant1981
09-12-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm just stating my opinions,I'm not telling people in a patronising way how I should view things!

To be fair it does get a bit anoying when you think he is the dogs baws all the time even after bad games, but each to their own i suppose

Billychaotic182
09-12-2009, 07:25 PM
So does no one know if this is true then lol

scoopyboy
09-12-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm just stating my opinions,I'm not telling people in a patronising way how I should view things!

I didn't mean to come across as patronising, it was not my intention at all.

I agree I could have worded it better.

Hibs Spain
09-12-2009, 07:33 PM
So know one knows if this is true then lolPresume you mean "true" Fwiw,I think the original post was unfounded and mischievous. I know people who have been pulled up on here for a lot less.. :wink:

Billychaotic182
09-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Presume you mean "true" Fwiw,I think the original post was unfounded and mischievous. I know people who have been pulled up on here for a lot less.. :wink:

How?

joejoefaemexico
09-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Not a bad move in my opinion

poor standard of goalkeeper, obviously a great performance at the weekend but definately not got consistency, woyld be aswell picking somebody else up in jan or at the end of maka's contract.

Storar
09-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Happy for him to go

truehibernian
09-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Perhaps scoopy would be able to confirm what I heard this week and that is that Hibs have tied up both their January targets already (and it does not include Barr, Arfield etc).

Cocaine&Caviar
09-12-2009, 08:12 PM
He was signed as a first team palyer, now hes a back up Keeper, a wage drop as a result surely?

Toaods
09-12-2009, 08:25 PM
He was signed as a first team palyer, now hes a back up Keeper, a wage drop as a result surely?

you sure his contract states '1st team player'.??

I can't ever recall having heard of any team that awards contracts with that type of line, infact they usually make sure it says the opposite.

I'd be more inclined to think he was signed on a decent wage to get him here in the first place, given his background. That with a view to him coming through as a first choice keeper, which he did.

He lost his place to injury and has got it back through injury.

correct me if I've got that wrong anywhere???

Cocaine&Caviar
09-12-2009, 08:27 PM
you sure his contract states '1st team player'.??

I can't ever recall having heard of any team that awards contracts with that type of line, infact they usually make sure it says the opposite.

I'd be more inclined to think he was signed on a decent wage to get him here in the first place, given his background. That with a view to him coming through as a first choice keeper, which he did.

He lost his place to injury and has got it back through injury.

correct me if I've got that wrong anywhere???

I didnt say his contract gave any position within the squad, however he was without a doubt signed to be our first choice goal keeper, and therefore would have been given an appropriate wage...

scoopyboy
09-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Perhaps scoopy would be able to confirm what I heard this week and that is that Hibs have tied up both their January targets already (and it does not include Barr, Arfield etc).

I know moves are afoot but not aware of any being tied up.

brydekirk
09-12-2009, 09:11 PM
rekon maka will become a good reliable keeper, would like to see him stay.:thumbsup:

Jack
10-12-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm not besotted.And I don't need you whomever you are to tell me how I should view things.

In all fairness to Hibs Spain :cool2:, for all his ********* (not sure what word there, well I do but it would probably involve stars anyway :greengrin) his predictable and never faulting praise of Makka is no worse than those who never tire of telling us he’s *****e.

I don’t want to have Makkas babies BTW :bitchy:. But I think I must be the only person in the ground who enjoys, nae loves, those heart thumping moments. God forbid there should ever be excitement at a football match. On the other hand how often will one of our keepers pull off a [wonder] save that is the difference between 1 point or 3? If at the end of the football match they don’t cost us a goal or if they do we still win in the end, who cares?

Stack is dependable and solid. You can depend on him to stay on his line (and so can the defence) and maybe that’s because he’s a bit too solid, mind that revealing video? I thought he could do with toning up a bit. A good goalkeeper though.

I just wish we could all accept that all goalkeepers make mistakes and get behind our two guys, whatever.

阴 :wink:

martin63
10-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Well I think it would be a great move if he signed a new contract. As h.as already been stated every goalkeeper makes mistakes. So does every other player on the field without getting as many pelters or 'hate' threads on here.
Going by the last two games it is easy to see he has learned something and has improved drastically and long may it continue.
I now think we have two good solid goalkeepers and a coach that knows how to get them doing the basics which is something we have not had for a long time now.
So to yes 100% I hope he does sign.

GGTTH

aberhibsfc
10-12-2009, 09:44 AM

:agree:

Steve20
10-12-2009, 09:47 AM
I hope Maka signs a new deal. He is a good keeper, who will get even better.

Ok, there have been mistakes, but what keeper doesn't make them? It's all about how you react to them as you get older.

Hibs Spain
10-12-2009, 09:59 AM
In all fairness to Hibs Spain :cool2:, for all his ********* (not sure what word there, well I do but it would probably involve stars anyway :greengrin) his predictable and never faulting praise of Makka is no worse than those who never tire of telling us he’s *****e.

I don’t want to have Makkas babies BTW :bitchy:. But I think I must be the only person in the ground who enjoys, nae loves, those heart thumping moments. God forbid there should ever be excitement at a football match. On the other hand how often will one of our keepers pull off a [wonder] save that is the difference between 1 point or 3? If at the end of the football match they don’t cost us a goal or if they do we still win in the end, who cares?

Stack is dependable and solid. You can depend on him to stay on his line (and so can the defence) and maybe that’s because he’s a bit too solid, mind that revealing video? I thought he could do with toning up a bit. A good goalkeeper though.

I just wish we could all accept that all goalkeepers make mistakes and get behind our two guys, whatever.

阴 :wink: Think the word you were hunting for could have been more than one word which stumped you. You were trying to say "knowledgeable,accurate and well considered comment" ....:greengrin

Jack
10-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Think the word you were hunting for could have been more than one word which stumped you. You were trying to say "knowledgeable,accurate and well considered comment" ....:greengrin

:faf:

Hibster
12-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Was at the Spurs - Wolves game today after being kindly offered a ticket by a guy outside the ground who had a spare season ticket voucher. Bizarrely the guy turned out to be Maka's agent. Had a couple of interesting stories to tell me - particuarly concering events before the Motherwell game last week - but the general jist I got from him was that Maka isn't very happy, regardless of whether he gets more first team football, and will probably leave in the summer.

scoopyboy
12-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Was at the Spurs - Wolves game today after being kindly offered a ticket by a guy outside the ground who had a spare season ticket voucher. Bizarrely the guy turned out to be Maka's agent. Had a couple of interesting stories to tell me - particuarly concering events before the Motherwell game last week - but the general jist I got from him was that Maka isn't very happy, regardless of whether he gets more first team football, and will probably leave in the summer.

pray tell

Part/Time Supporter
12-12-2009, 07:36 PM

Tough ****, if he keeps playing like he does (occasionally brilliant, but prone to catastrophic error) then no professional club will touch him.

Hibster
12-12-2009, 07:53 PM
pray tell

Apparently someone threatened to walk out on the team shortly before kick-off against Motherwell....not sure I should be repeating who it is incase I can get the agent, myself or the website into trouble :dunno:

The is the first time in my life I've ever had any kind of inside-info.....I don't know know it works!

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Apparently someone threatened to walk out on the team shortly before kick-off against Motherwell....not sure I should be repeating who it is incase I can get the agent, myself or the website into trouble :dunno:

The is the first time in my life I've ever had any kind of inside-info.....I don't know know it works!

You're allowed to post it. :agree: This place is full of rumours - as long as it's not libellous you're free to post.

AugustaHibs
12-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Tell us :agree:

Hibs Spain
12-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Tough ****, if he keeps playing like he does (occasionally brilliant, but prone to catastrophic error) then no professional club will touch him.Catastrophic error? ..Name one ..

scoopyboy
12-12-2009, 08:01 PM

Fair enough.

I generally PM the person if I feel confident I know them well enough not to simply come back on the board and blab. I must say anytime I have done so it has never came back to haunt me.

As a rule I never post anything that could come back on an employee of Hibernian FC and never ever post the team should you ever get access to it.

Simply if you are wary of posting it then don't.

Part/Time Supporter
12-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Catastrophic error? ..Name one ..

Here we go again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OAmTpaf_4w&feature=related

wazoo1875
12-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Here we go again...

Thats not an error mate , that was genius , ask Hibs Pain

Everyone who made the effort to get to pittodrie that day just had a good laugh about it .

MSK
12-12-2009, 08:06 PM

The is the first time in my life I've ever had any kind of inside-info.....I don't know know it works!So what is the point of your post ..? :confused:

hibsbollah
12-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Here we go again...

Thanks for that:rolleyes:
why don't you post a link to the 06 semifinal while you're at it?

Part/Time Supporter
12-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks for that:rolleyes:
why don't you post a link to the 06 semifinal while you're at it?

If someone asks a stupid question they deserve a stupid answer.

hibsbollah
12-12-2009, 08:12 PM
If someone asks a stupid question they deserve a stupid answer.

Well you achieved that.

Hibs Spain
12-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Well you achieved that.
:thumbsup: Some people don't get the Aberdeen thing ..

Hibster
12-12-2009, 08:33 PM
So what is the point of your post ..? :confused:

Well my main point was just that it doesn't sound like Maka will be staying

I also thought people might find it interesting that someone threatened to walk out on the team as recently as last week. Just not sure I should be going into any more detail. Not trying to be a tease or anything, just thought it would be interesting...anyway I'm surprised that no-one else seems to have heard anything about it. So maybe the whole thing wasn't as big a deal as the agent was making it out to be...

The Voice Of Reason
12-12-2009, 09:30 PM
So what is the point of your post ..? :confused:

Sorry, but what was the point of your post ?!? :confused:

The guy has something pretty interesting to say regarding a player who threatened to walk out just before the M'Well game (allegedly). The type of stuff that I enjoy reading on the site. The OP understandably doesn't want to name names, so fair do's to the guy.

So in summary, I find Hibster's post interesting....as for your post, words like "bizarre" and "annoying" spring to mind.

Cropley10
12-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Well my main point was just that it doesn't sound like Maka will be staying

I also thought people might find it interesting that someone threatened to walk out on the team as recently as last week. Just not sure I should be going into any more detail. Not trying to be a tease or anything, just thought it would be interesting...anyway I'm surprised that no-one else seems to have heard anything about it. So maybe the whole thing wasn't as big a deal as the agent was making it out to be...

As Scoopy says - provided it's not an employee or agent of the Club post away.

If I understand you correctly, by chance you meet a guy outside a football ground, who you don't know, and doesn't know you. He tells you that his employer (Maka) isn't happy/threatened to walk out etc. last week.

Now why would he tell you (a complete stranger) all this? Because you're a Hibs fan... and he'll never see you again and he () wants it out there.

If all this about Maka is true - and I'm not doubting you btw - then it tells an interesting tale, you could argue that Yogi was desperate for Stacka to be fit, rather than having to play Maka.

Bottom line mate - post your info way, no one's going to lose their livelihood.:wink: